l so love you can't you love me a little bit betterof

Pullip FAQ | Pullips and Junk
We're all mad about Pullips here!
Pullip FAQ
Question- What is a Pullip?
Answer- Pullip is an Asian fashion doll. Pullip has a very large head in relation to her body, her head is roughly 1/3 scale while her body is 1/6 scale. What really makes Pullip stand out is her unique eye mechanism that allows her to look from side and side as well as blink (on newer releases starting with Rei they have “sleep eyes” where the eyes can remain closed as opposed to only being to wink/blink). Pullip debuted in 2003 and over ten years later she is still going strong! Over 200+ unique Pullip dolls have been released over the years. Pullip is currently manufactured by Groove though she was originally produced by Jun Planning prior to their bankruptcy in early 2009. One of the things that really makes Pullip special is how easy to customize her you can change her wig/eye chips/body and even her face up. Pullip is approximately 12 inches tall.
Question- What are the other dolls in the “Pullip family”?
Answer- The first doll released in the Pullip line other than Pullip herself was Pullip’s boyfriend Namu.
debuted in February 2004. Namu had a very angular face and was not very popular so he was discontinued in May of 2005 after only seven releases. Namu is approximately 14 inches tall.
Pullip quickly replaced Namu with her new boyfriend . Interestingly, Taeyang uses the same body as Namu though the head sculpt is unique. Taeyang debuted in March of 2006 and is still with Pullip/being actively released after all these years! So far over 50 different Taeyangs have been released. Taeyang is able to blink his eyes as well as move them side to side, starting with the Taeyang Hash release he gained the ability to keep his eyes closed making him the first doll in the Pullip line to be able to do so. Taeyang is approximately 14 inches tall.
Taeyang’s younger sister
joined the line soon after Taeyang’s release. Dal debuted in October of 2006 and she is still released today though her releases have become more infrequent recently. Dal lacks the ability to close her eyes but is able to move her eyes from side to side. Dal is approximately 10 inches tall.
was the next doll to be introduced, she debuted in December of 2008. Byul is Dal’s best friend. Byul and Dal share the same body type. Byul’s release schedule has become increasingly sporadic. Like Dal she lacks the ability to blink her eyes but she is able to move them side to side, Byul also has the largest eyes in the Pullip line. Byul is approximately 9 inches tall.
Pullip’s younger brother
debuted in February of 2011. Isul is little taller than 11 inches, making him slightly shorter than Pullip. Isul has the ability to wink and keep his eyes closed as well as move them side to side the first doll to debut with that feature.
The newest member of the Pullip family is , who was introduced in 2013. She is Pullip’s future daughter and unlike the other dolls in the Pullip family has a bendy body with limited articulation rather than an articulated body. Yeolume is also unique because unlike the other dolls in the line she is produced by AGA themselves.
There are also a number of miniature dolls in the line, there have been two different versions of Little Pullips (old style and a newer redesigned style), Little Dals as well as Angel Pullips and Dals. There has now been a single Little Taeyang released as well as a few Little Byuls. More information about Little Pullips can be found , more information about the Angel Pullips/Dals can be seen .
Question- How often are Pullips released?
Answer- Pullip is released once a month with periodic limited edition releases. The other dolls used to follow more of a set release schedule but their releases have become more sporadic. Namu is discontinued, his predecessor Taeyang is still being released periodically (previously he was on a bi-monthly schedule). Dal was previously released bi-monthly then released monthly and now her releases have become more sporadic with only two being released in all of 2014. Byul was previously released every other month but her releases have become extremely sporadic, there were two Byul releases in July 2013 but no other releases until January of 2014. Little Pullips seem to have been discontinued as well.
Question- Is there somewhere I can see a complete list of all the released Pullips? Dals? Taeyangs? Namu ? Byul? Isul? Yeolume? Little Pullips and Little Dals?
Answer- Please click on the following links for release lists, please note that I have broken up the Pullip release list into three parts due to extraordinary length.
Question– Pullip that is a funny sounding name, what does it mean?
Answer- Pullip and all of her friends have names that actually mean something in Korean, sometimes their respective doll boxes even have themed motifs related to that doll’s name for example some early Pullip boxes had a little leaf shaped window on the side of the box, Taeyang frequently has a sun on his box etc.
Pullip ?? Leaf
Namu ?? Tree
Taeyang ?? Sun
Dal ? Moon
Byul ? Star
Isul ?? Dew
Yeolume ?? Fruit
Question- Are Pullips (and friends) considered to be bjds (ball jointed dolls)?
Answer- No, Pullip and the other members of the Pullip doll line (Namu/ Taeyang/ Dal/ Isul/ Byul/ Yeolume) are fashion dolls. Bjd means ball jointed doll they are strung, have ball joints and are usually but not always made out of resin. This does not make Pullip in anyway inferior to bjds it just means they are a different type of doll.
Question- I saw a picture of a doll at Doll Carnival/on Groove’s blog but I don’t see it on the release list?
Answer- What you more than likely saw was a custom doll produced for Doll Carnival or the I? Pullip event. Doll Carnival custom or one-off dolls can be seen
and dolls produced for I? Pullip can be seen .
Question-Where can I buy Pullips?
Answer- I can not recommend
highly enough, they are absolutely amazing sellers based in the US who have very reasonable prices and top-notch customer service. I have bought over 100 dolls from them without complaint and would recommend them without hesitation to everyone.
is the US Pullip distributor, their prices tend to be slightly higher than Pullipstyle’s but they offer some really nice specials from time to time. Other stores in the US that carry a small selection of Pullip include , , ,
prices kind of vary though. If you are outside of the US
may work out to be cheaper to you once shipping is factored in. I will say that HLJ’s packaging can sometimes leave something to be desired, I once purchased an Uncanricky from them. Uncanricky was shipped via EMS, unfortunately she was not packaged very well and I was quite dismayed to see her staring back at me through a giant gaping hole in the package. There is a forum primarily devoted to buying/selling/trading Pullip secondhand called . Please note all the stores/sites listed above are places I have personally boug there are other sites/stores where Pullip is sold such as
but that I have not any personal experience doing business with.
Question -Are there any physical stores where I can buy Pullip in the United States?
Answer- Pullips are hard to find in stores in the US, I’ve almost always managed to spot a few lurking in the dealer’s room at various Anime conventions though not surprisingly it’s almost always anime collaborations that I do find. In the past, I’ve found a Pullip or two lurking at Japanese bookstores/anime stores but they were almost always overpriced like 2 x MSRP. As of this writing,
is the only store that carries a selection of Pullips that I have visited that is still open. They are located in New York, their prices are very reasonable but I believe that you can only shop for Pullips there by appointment now. Previously there was a store in Waltham, MA called
that carried a , they were somewhat local to me but they unfortunately have since closed T_T . I also visited
in New York which carried a small selection of Pullips but they have since closed as well.
Question- I’m thinking about buying or selling a doll on secondhand market, what suggestions can you make to protect myself?
I have a lot of experience buying/selling/trading dolls my best advice is to use common sense but I do have some other suggestions as well!
As a buyer– Ask any questions you have about the doll before committing to buy. If you need or want more pictures ask, if you feel uneasy about the seller ask for a photo with a piece of paper with their name/date on it. Communicate with the seller, try to respond promptly and to send payment as quickly as possible. When sending payment via Paypal send via Goods & Services NOT Friends & Family, sending via Friends & Family removes any and all buyer protection offered via Paypal. If the doll arrives not as described take pictures and inform the seller immediately, wait for a response before trying to fix it as once you start making repairs/changes to the doll it’s yours and the seller has no way of knowing what you did versus how the doll arrived.
As a seller– Be sure you are ready to part with whatever you are putting for sale before putting it for sale. Post clear pictures I would strongly considering adding a piece of paper with your username and date on it, describe any and all flaws, communicate with your buyer answer any questions they may have. Try to answer any questions promptly. Put yourself in the buyer’s shoes when making your post, what would you want to know. Make sure it is clear what is and what is not included in the sale. Be clear on your terms, are you willing to accept a payment plan or willing to hold the doll? Do pack the doll well, ship with tracking if possible if shipping within the US priority comes with tracking and includes $50 of insurance. It is important to note that paypal fees are the responsibility of the seller according to Paypal’s terms of service or TOS if you are found in violation of the TOS you could lose your paypal account so it’s easier just to build the fee into the price.
Question- I want to buy a doll off of Yahoo Japan, but can’t figure out how. What do I do?
Answer- Most Yahoo Japan sellers do not sell internationally so you either need to know someone in Japan or use the more common route of going through a buying service such as
basically you pay them to bid for you and they then forward the package to you. No matter which service you use make sure you look at the fees associated with bidding beforehand as they can add up quickly and then maybe that good deal you spotted ends up not being such a good deal.
Below are some helpful kanji for searching for Pullip on Yahoo Japan
プーリップ
Question- You used some terms I am unfamiliar what does ____ mean?
Answer- These are some common doll terms that may cause some confusion to people new to the hobby or non-doll people ^^;
Ars Gratis Artis/AGA– Mango Park’s design company that is responsible for many Pullip designs their website can be seen . They are also responsible for the creation of Yeolume.
Bait– Doll sold or bought for the express purpose of customizing, is usually flawed in some way.
BDD–
watchdog group for dolly deals gone wrong (highly suggested reading)
Cheonsang Cheonha– Mango Park’s original company that created Pullip as well as the other sculpts for the Pullip series of dolls, it was a precursor to AGA.
Custom– If the doll has had almost all/all of its stock elements changed and is no longer recognizable as the original doll
Customized– Doll has been partially customized, it is still somewhat recognizable as it’s stock doll but irreversible changes have been made to it’s face up (ie. lips repainted)
Grail– Most desired dream doll normally limited or extremely expensive older release ie. Noir, Fantastic Alice etc.
Groove– The company that took over Pullip production after Jun Planning declared bankruptcy in spring of 2009.
JP– Jun Planning- the original company that made pullips before ownership of pullip was sold to Groove Inc. during the spring of 2009
LE– Limited Edition- Doll is made in smaller numbers than usual and may be exclusive to an event or store.
Mango Park -The creator of Pullips.
Mint– A mint doll is a factory perfect doll. It has no flaws, it’s outfit is perfect. Not all new dolls are mint. For example, dolls that are factory-flawed, even if NRFB, are not mint.
MIO– Make It Own- A line of products released by Groove including everything from blank doll bases to wigs to clothes, ideal for customizing!
MIB– Mint in Box
NRFB– Not Removed From the Box. Doll has not been removed from the box.
Played With– Doll has been played with/handled and is no longer mint
Rewigged– Doll has received a new wig
Rechipped– Doll has received new eyechips
Rebodied– Doll has rebodied with a different body other than it’s stock body
OOAK– One of a kind. The doll is a one of a kind custom
Split- Splitting a doll is an agreement between two people to split the doll and it’s respective cost up. Generally one person agrees to take the doll and the other
agrees to take the stock, the bulk of the split cost is normally to be beared by the person receiving the doll. The normal split percentage is 60/40 for normal releases & 55/45 for collaborations but rates may vary depending on popularity of a doll’s stock (ie. some doll stock is so unpopular you can’t give it away).
Sleep Eyes- Refers to eye mechanism that allow dolls to keep their eyes completely closed, includes Taeyangs released after Hash, Pullips released after Ayanami Rei and all Isuls.
Stock– The clothing/accessories that originally came with the doll
Question- Which doll should I get as my first?
Answer- That is a difficult question as it is different for everyone, first some general suggestions –
– If you are in market for a new doll I highly recommend buying from , they are a very reliable seller with top-notch customer service.
– If you are looking to customize immediately I highly recommend MIO (Make it Own) kits which are blank Pullips you put together yourself and are ideal for customizing.
– Dolls I would personally recommend as good starters include: Kiyomi, Merl, Regeneration Paja, Ally,
Paulia, Heiwa, Lizbel, Horizon & Mao
. Why these dolls? They are great dolls as is if you wish to keep your dolls completely stock but they also have great potential for making them your own (rewigging/rechipping). I also based my choice on quality/versatility of stock and tried to avoid dolls with overly fussy wigs. I also tried to avoid collaborations somewhat and pick dolls that were more reasonably priced. Again these are just suggestions, I highly recommend going through and looking at all the different releases before making a decision. There is a group on flickr
which serves as a directory to groups dedicated to each pullip release (you do not need to be a member of flickr to browse the groups but you do to comment/post) that is a great resource for owner photos of pullips, I highly recommend looking at owner photos as the promotional fliers sometimes don’t accurately portray the doll. Keep in mind some dolls are easier to get a hold of than others, the original Kirakishou is a gorgeous doll but is limited and is quite sought after/expensive so she is probably not the most realistic choice for a first doll.
Question: What Age are Pullips appropriate for?
Answer: I see a lot of people googling for this and ending up here ^^;. The back of the box says 16 years old but there is really no cut and dry answer as every kid is different. Pullips have fragile bodies and a complex eye mechanism in their heads, they are also relatively expensive so use your common sense when deciding whether or not to buying a Pullip would be appropriate for your child.
Originally the Pullip community was primarily comprised of women in their mid-to late twenties, it has shifted a bit downwards more recently so college age tends to be the new norm.
Question- I have heard P.U.D.D.L.E. mentioned what is it?
Answe- Puddle is . Puddle is a convention for Pullip lovers hosted by the very devoted fan, Truefan. It takes place in the Chicago, Illinois area every year some time in early June. I was lucky enough to attend Puddle in 2013 you can read my write up of it .
Question: I’ve heard you mention something about a Doll Carnival, what the heck is that?
Answer: Starting winter of 2007, Jun Planning started hosting a yearly one day event to show off new and upcoming dolls as well as prototypes. It has been held ever year since then and there have even been exclusive LE dolls available only to those attending the event. There was no Doll Carnival in 2014.
Question: I want a custom Pullip, how do I go about getting a custom Pullip?
Answer: There are a couple of different approaches to get custom dolls.
Do it yourself! The easiest way to is to customize the dolls yourself, all you need is a MIO (Make it Own) kit and the right supplies. If you are thinking about customizing a doll yourself be realistic about your skill set and don’t try customizing a doll unless you can afford to destroy the doll you are working on. I highly recommend ‘s site as it has many tutorials on customizing.
Commission it! I have also commissioned custom dolls by , papermoonpixie, myufish and zerohour269. Generally speaking if you want to commission a custom, you need to provide the base doll and supplies such as wig and eye chips for the customizer unless you work some other type of arrangement out. You also want to give your customizer as many descriptions/details about what you are looking for as possible. Some customizers are better at certain things than others, look at their portfolio/previous dolls see what their skill set is. There is no set in stone commission rate, some customizers will charge more than others and some are not always open to taking commissions (they could have a lot of other dolls they are working on at the moment and are unwilling to take on more work at the moment for example).
Just buy the damn thing already!
Customs can be found at Etsy, eBay and dolly market. Of course sometimes, the perfect doll is already out in the world waiting for you! For example I happened to find ‘s
for sale on secondary market. It is kind of luck of the draw of when/if the doll ever happens to pop up for sale and if funds allow at the time.
If there is a custom I am really in love with I will make a mental note of who the owner is and keep a keen eye on their sales threads just in case. It is considered very rude to contact the owner of a doll and ask to buy it unless they have stated intentions of selling, don’t pest the current owner.
As a note it is important to remember that custom dolls are unique they are literally one a kind (OOAK) , popular characters are obviously going to have several customs based off of them but even then your custom needs to remain your own, make it unique! While it is okay to be inspired by the work of others straight up copying a doll isn’t cool and is frowned on within the doll community.
Questions about Releases
Q- Which dolls are limited and how limited were they?
A- List of limited edition dolls broken down by just how limited they are-
LE12: Pullips: Enjoy Carol & Enjoy Arietta
LE50: Taeyangs: Demon Kogure, Xenon Ishikawa, Sgt. Luke Takamyra, Raiden Yuzawa &
Jail O’hashi
LE68: Pullip Bloody Red Lolli Version
LE80: Taeyang Black Jack Variant
LE250 Pullip Super Stella & Dal Vendettina
LE300 Pullips: Leprotto, Savon, Happy Birthday Pullip 1 & 2, Isolde, Lala, Sala, Sola, Yuki (Poster & Movie Versions), & M Namus: Happy Birthday Namu 1 & 2; Dals: Jouet & C Taeyang Mi-chan Special Version
LE400: Pullips: Batgirl (SDCC & WF Versions), Catwoman (SDCC & WF Versions), Froggy, Harley Quinn & Amelia
LE500: Pullips: Spring Purezza, Vivien, Winter Purezza, Summer Purezza, Haute LA, Another Alice, Another Queen, Haute NY, Dorothy, Wonder Woman, Hannah & A Dals: Another Soldier Rabbit, Another Clock R Taeyangs Another King, Tinman, Cowardly Lion, Scarecrow, Batman, Hide Doubt Limited Version, Hide Psyence, Hitsugi, Ni-ya, Ruki, Sakito, Ougon Kishi Garo, Suzumura R Isul: Yomi
LE600: Pullips: Bianca & Mitzi
LE1000: Pullips: Kirakishou, Detective Shinku & Taeyang Gackt
LE1200: Pullip Fall Purezza
LE2000: Pullip Eos, Taeyang Gyro, Byul Rhiannon, Dal Ra Muw & Isul Apollo
The following dolls were announced as limited editions but the exact number have yet to be revealed: Pullip Chloi, Pullip Clara, Dal Sweet Risa, Pullip Banshee, Isul Sith, Pullip Pink Romantic Alice, Isul Nekoneko Mao, Pullip Alice du Jardin Mint, Pullip Regeneration Noir, Pullip Regeneration Principessa, Pullip Regeneration Anne, Pullip Regeneration Paja, Pullip Regeneration Moon, Pullip Kiddyland Kiyomi, Pullip Snow Miku, Pullip Ririko, Pullip Nanette, Pullip Pere Noel, Pullip Rche, Pullip Princess Sapphire, Pullip Luna, Pullip Violette, Pullip Hortense, Pullip Ally, Pullip Supergirl, Pullip Kuhn & Hello Kitty x Tokidoki Special version.
Normally Groove makes a few extra dolls in case of quality control issues etc so the true number of a LE 500 doll is more than likely like 506 or 507.
While not traditional limited dolls, Fanatica and Lan Ai were supposedly produced in smaller numbers than other releases.
Q- Do all the limited edition dolls come with numbered certificates? If not, which ones do.
A- Some do, some don’t there doesn’t really seem to be any rhyme or reason to it they used to consistently come with them but the newer limited editions don’t always come with them.
Dolls that come with a numbered certificate-
Pullip Leprotto, Pullip Savon,
Pullip & Namu Happy Birthday Pullip Sets 1 & 2, Pullip Bianca, Pullip Oren, all of the seasonal Pullip Purezzas (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter), Pullip Mitzi, Pullip Vivien, Pullip Haute LA & the Steampunk Set (Pullip Eos, Taeyang Gyro, Byul Rhiannon, Dal Ra Muw & Isul Apollo) & Pullip Myra
Dolls that do not come with a numbered certificate- The Another set (Pullip Another Alice, Pullip Another Queen, Taeyang Another King, Dal Another Soldier Rabbit & Dal Another Clock Rabbit), Pullip Kirakishou, Dal Jouet, Pullip Detective Shinku, Wizard of Oz Set (Pullip Dorothy, Taeyang Tinman, Taeyang Cowardly Lion & Taeyang Scarecrow), Pullip Lala, Pullip Sola, Pullip Sala, Pullip Isolde, Dal Chanti, Pullip Clara, Dal Sweet Risa, Pullip Chloi, Pullip Snow Miku, both versions of Pullips Gothic & Lolita Psycho Yuki as well as both versions of Pullips Catwoman and Batgirl, Pullip Wonder Woman, Pullip Supergirl, Taeyang Batman, Pullip Harley Quinn, Pullip Aira, Pullip Super Stella & Dal Vendettina.
Q- What are Regeneration dolls?
A- Groove announced a new line of dolls in 2012, the Regeneration series of dolls are dolls based on popular past releases but with the newer headmold. Groove claimed that the Regeneration series of dolls was released due to popular demand among fans. Seven Pullips were released as a part of this line Regeneration Fantastic Alice, Regeneration Fanatica, Regeneration Moon, Regeneration Anne of Green Gables, Regeneration Noir, Regeneration Principessa and Regeneration Paja. Only Pullips were released as a part of this line. Fan reception to the Regeneration series of dolls was somewhat mixed.
Personally I feel like the sweeter character designs like Paja and Fantastic Alice translated better to Regeneration series of dolls than the more wicked character designs like Paja and Principessa. Regeneration Paja pictured above seems to retain the spirit of the original better than the Regeneration Principessa pictured below.
I have created a page with a complete list including side by side comparisons that can be seen here .
Question- What are Premium Pullips?
Answer- In 2016 Groove announced a new line called Premium Pullips, the Premium Pullip series is similar to the Regeneration series dolls in that they are based off of popular previous releases but this time with a twist such as new color variations, as well as supposedly including new higher quality materials for the outfit and some new design elements. So far only three dolls have been announced as a part of the line Pullip Kiyomi mint ice cream version, Pullip Romantic Alice Monochromatic version & Pullip Vertias Deep Crimson Version . Both versions of Kiyomi are pictured below.
All of the dolls as a part of the line can be seen .
Question- What are collaborations? Which dolls are collaborations?
Answer- Collaborations are when Groove works with another company and releases a pullip that is inspired by the other company’s products the best example of this is the Tokidoki Pullip Luna. Fans of both brands (Pullip and Tokidoki) rejoiced at her release and maybe new fans of both brands were introduced through the collaboration of the two company. Jun Planning/Groove Inc have collaborated with different anime shows to release dolls dressed as characters, clothing companies, Sanrio and Disney. Several dolls based on Audrey Hepburn based in how she appeared in films have also been released. A complete list of all the collaboration dolls with photos can be seen . There are also releases based on public domain characters such as Fantastic Alice (Alice in Wonderland), Little Red Riding Hood and Anne of Green Gables.
Question: What is the Creator’s Label?
Answer: The Creator’s Label series are a series of dolls that are collaborations with Groove famous/popular doll customizers and seamstresses from around the world. A good example of a Creator’s Label doll is Pullip Akemi who was designed by Sheryl Designs, a Spanish customizer. A list of all of the Creator’s Label dolls with photos can be seen .
Question- What are MIO kits? How often they are produced?
Answer- MIO or Make It Own kits are blank customizable doll kits ideal for customization. So far Pullip MIO kits have been released in five colors: Pale (skin tone is similar to that of Pullip Wilhelmenia), Natural (skin tone is similar to that of Pullip Nostalgia Merl), Fair (skin tone is similar to that of Pullip Kuhn), Tanned (skin tone is similar to that of Byul Cheshire Cat)
and Mocha (skin tone is similar to that of Pullip Nahh-ato). Below is a comparison of the dolls that are equivalent to the first four released Pullip kits: Tanned, Fair, Natural & Pale.
In addition to Pullip kits, Taeyang, Isul and Dal kits have also been released. The MIO production schedule is a bit odd, new kits aren’t put on the schedule until they are almost sold out of whichever kit is in stock so there are times when none are in stock, the other dolls Taeyang, Isul and Dal seem to be on a rotating production schedule.
Question- Aren’t Wind and Debut the same doll? Why do you have them listed differently?
Answer- Debut was actually the first doll released and while she is essentially Wind with a bike she does have a different product number than Wind so they are listed separately.
Question- What’s the difference between the two different Gothic & Lolita Psycho Yuki releases?
Answer: Both are limited to 300 but one is based on how Yuki appears in the movie versus how she appears on the film poster. One of the Poster version of Yuki’s
eyes is a demonic red whereas the Film version has matched eyes. The Poster version also comes with a
of the star of the Gothic & Lolita Psycho film.
Question- Are real fur/animal products used in Pullip’s stock?
Answer- Jun Planning/Groove has always maintained that they do not use animal products BUT evidence proves otherwise. I will not comment on the ethics involved in using fur for doll clothes but please aware that it is a possibility that fur or other animal products have been used in some dolls’ stock clothing (not all). Fur is generally not used for fur suits, most of the time if real fur is used for trim like on Fanatica/Regeneration Fanatica’s boots.
Question- What can you tell me about Pullip stands?
Answer- Originally Pullip did not come with a stand, stands did not start coming with dolls until some time in year two starting with Principessa’s release. The first stands were metal, some stands from collaborations were marked with what series they were from (the Rozen Maiden stands for example all had the Rozen Maiden logo on them)
but most were just plain metallic stands with the doll model name on them (Pullip/Dal/Taeyang/Namu). Starting with My Melody in 2008 dolls came with a plastic stand. The plastic stands have since been released in a rainbow of colors, the two most common colors for plastic stands are white and gold. Some of the collaboration dolls stands are marked in some way but the majority of the stands are unmarked. The only newer dolls that do not come with stands are the My Select/Make It Own kits. Below is a side by side comparison of one of the old style metal stands and one of the newer plastic stands.
Body Related Questions..
Question- Body Types? I heard something about different body types, what can you tell me about the different body types?
Answer: There are four different Pullip body types that have been released over the years each has their own faults and benefits. Pullip’s bust seems to becoming smaller and smaller with each body type.
Type 1- Jun Planning hadn’t quite perfected the putting a large head on a smaller body technology yet so the necks were incredibly weak and prone to snapping especially on dolls with more voluminous hair like Pullip Squall. Other issues include thighs prone to splitting and very visible screws. All Type 1 dolls have a three part head including a scalp piece with rooted hair. The Type 1 body type was only used in 2003 (Enjoy Carol also had the Type 1 body but was released in 2004) before being replaced by the Type 2 body type.
Type 2- In 2004, the Type 2 Pullip body type debuted. The Type 2 body had a soft torso, over time it has become an issue as it can cause melt when coming into contact with other parts of the body for example neck melt on Type 2 Pullips is especially common. The soft torso was also much more susceptible to staining
when wearing dark colors such as black and red. Other issues include tummy pop which is when the torso pops out of place and doesn’t sit properly on the hips there is a tutorial on how to fix it by Requiemart .
Over time the body parts can loosen up resulting in a floppy doll and hands have an awful habit of disappearing. Type 2 Pullips had the three part head design like the Type 1 Pullip but only a handful of early releases having rooted hair Venus, Savon, Nomado & Bianca all other Type 2 releases had wigs.
Type 3- Starting mid-way through 2005 the new Type 3 body debuted with the dual releases of Pullips Lan Ake and Lan Ai. The Type 3 body was the sturdiest body type released so far but it also had a limited range of poseability especially with it’s hinged wrists, the wrists would later become a problem mid-way through 2007 when several dolls including the Another Alice Pullip who has no known matching body had incredibly weak wrists prone to breaking. The wrist issue seemed to have been resolved by the end of 2007. In early 2008, starting with Pullip Ayanami Rei a new sleep function was debuted as well as a two part head versus the three part head that had been in use all the way back through the Type 1 body.
Type 4- The Type 4 body debuted in 2009 with the release Pullip Neo Noir and is still in use today. There are now more Type 4 Pullips than all of the other Pullip body types combined. The Type 4 is the most sturdy and poseable body released to date. Type 4 Pullips have their neckhole placed farther forward than previous Pullip releases which gives them a little bit of a different appearance as their head is now slightly tilted upwards. The only really faults with the Type 4 Pullip are that the hands are easy to detach and subsequently lose and I personally hate the knees as they can bend backwards.
Question: Which Pullips have which body type?
Type 1– All 2003 Pullip releases -Wind, Debut (Wind with bike), Moon, Street, Squall, Carol, Noir, Leprotto, Bouquet and Withered. Enjoy Carol was a redressed Pullip Carol that was released in 2004 at a doll party in Japan, she also came on the Type 1 Pullip body because she was just a redressed version of Carol.
Type 2– January 2004 Venus through June 2005 Paja- Includes Pullips Venus, Savon, Nomado, Arietta, Anne Shirley, Bianca, Nero, Happy Birthday Pullip 1, Principessa, Fantastic Alice, Oren, Spring Purezza, Panda, Fourrure, Mitzi, Little Red Riding Hood, Sacralita, Vivien, Fanatica, Chicca, Winter Purezza, Afternoon, Mercu, Jupi, Assa, Happy Birthday Pullip 2 & Paja.
Type 3– Starts with the Lan twins in August 2005 and continues through December 2008 release Adsiltia – Includes Pullips Lan Ake, Lan Ai, Summer Purezza, Rovam, Greggia, Latte, Raphia, Cornice, Rida, Fall Purezza, Holly, Nina, Nahh-ato, Eternia, Craziia, Papin, Brand New Purezza, Zuora, Shinku, Chill, Haute LA, Suigintou, Stica, Suiseiseki, Alte, Souseiseki, Blanche, Barasuishou, Aquel, Another Alice, Another Queen, Hello Kitty, Kirakishou, Veritas, Prunella, Haute NY, My Melody, Rei, Asuka, Dorothy, Detective Shinku, Dita, Xiao Fan, Youtsuzu, Celsiy, Cinciallegra, Kirsche, Marianne, Isolde and Adsiltia.
Type 4– Started with Pullip Neo Noir in January 2009 and is still used today! Includes Pullips Neo Noir, Kaela, Grell, Clarity, Angelique, Mir, Lala, Sola, Sala, Sfoglia, Princess Ann, Peter Pan, Naomi, Aya, Elisabeth, Chelsea, Sabrina,Shan-ria, Saras, Eos, Tiphona, Melissa, Bonita, Ddalgi, Lunatic Alice, Amarri, Akoya, Clara, Chloi, Ludmilla, Jaldat, Prupate, Miku, Yuki (poster), Yuki (movie), Henri, Snow Miku, Date Masumune, Romantic Alice Blue, Catwoman SDCC, Catwoman WF, Batgirl SDCC, Batgirl WF, Luka, Banshee, Romantic Alice Pink, Yomi, Homura, Mami, LOL Miku, Nella, Yona, Seila, Victorique, Regeneration Fanatica, Regeneration Alice, Si’anna, Ou’vera, Alice du Jardin, Regeneration Anne, Regeneration Moon, Meiko, Kiyomi, Regeneration Noir, Pulliphine IX, Regeneration Paja, Kiddyland Kiyomi, Merl, Wonder Woman, Galene, Regeneration Principessa, Froggy, Yuri, Alice du Jardin Mint, Ririko, Snow White, Harley Quinn, Fraulein, Midnight Velvet, Retro Nella, Aurora, Nanette, Pere Noel, Rche, Princess Sapphire, Luna, Karen, Francois Arnoul, Princess Rosalind, Classical White Rabbit, Merl Nostalgia Version, Girl with a Pearl Earring, Milk Latte, Oscar Francois, Marie Antoinette, Classical Alice, Hortense, Violette, Wilhelmenia, Dahlia Cinderella, Supergirl, Ally, Io, Eloise, Myra, Akemi, Kuhn, Hino, Hannah, Canele, Varele, La Robe Vert Clair, Favorite Ribbon, Tokidoki Lunarosa, Dilettante, Sakura Miku, Keikujyaku, Shinku, Vanessa, Aira, Kore, Tokidoki x Hello Kitty Violetta, Suigintou 2014, Kirakishou 2014, Sailor Moon, Tokidoki Super Stella, Classical Alice Sepia Version, Meg, Hina Ichigo, Scarlet, Sailor Mercury, Carmilla, Sailor Venus, Princess Serenity, Nana-chan, Sailor Mars, Sailor Jupiter, Laura, Suiseiseki 2015, Souseiseki 2015, Kanaria, Alice in Steampunk Land, Sailor Uranus, Mad Hatter in Steampunk Land, Sailor Neptune, Luna human version, Sailor Pluto, Eve Sweet, Alura, La Robe Vert Clair, Favorite Ribbon Chocolate Version, Naoko, Sailor V, Black Lady, My Melody x HEN-NAKO, Fox, Rose, Premium Pullip Kiyomi Mint Ice Cream Version, Sailor Star Fighter, Gretel, Sailor Star Maker, Sailor Star Healer, Callie, Cassie, Premium Pullip Romantic Alice Monochrome Version, veryBerryPOP, Premium Pullip Veritas Deep Crimson Version, Super Sailor Moon, Wonder Woman Dress Version, Harley Quinn Dress Version, Ha-ha, Amelia, Queen Serenity, Bonnie, Marie and Mistress 9
Question- Which Pullip body type is best?
Answer- That is a highly subjective question, it’s all a matter of taste. Personally if sticking with stock bodies, I’d like a Type 3 body with the arms of a Type 4 for the additional poseability. Why not just go for a Type 4? I don’t care for the way that the knees can bend backwards on a Type 4, every time it happens it makes me cringe a little ^^; .
Question- What are the sewing measurements of the different body types?
Answer- Images taken from
Question- Height Comparison between pullips and friends? Other dolls of similar size ?
Answer- Here is a shot of pullip and crew, Namu and Taeyang have the same body so for simplicity’s sake I only included Taeyang. Dal and Byul also have the same body.
Compared to blythe, mama chapp, azone etc
Question- Ack my doll broke or I hate ___ type of body, can I rebody a pullip?
Answer – As a part of Groove’s new MIO line doll bodies are now available to be purchased separately through retailers such as . Pullips can also be rebodied with other types of bodies too, the most popular choices for rebodying pullip are obitsu and volks. Some people rebody all of their pullips for aesthetics/poseability others have all their dolls on their respective stock bodies, it’s a matter of personal taste. It is important to note that all not pullips have a skintone that can be easily matched, the Another series of dolls are just one example of dolls that are not an easy match. Obitsus can be bought from
or , several other stores carry them as well they are available in a variety of colors and sizes (23 cm, 25 cm, 27cm). They are also available in two body types soft bust or hard bust, as well in a variety of bust sizes. 27cm is the preferred size for rebodying a pullip but 25cm and 23cm can also be used and can be good to represent a younger character or variety in heights. Volks are another popular choice, they are not as prevalent as obitsu they can be purchased through
. They are also available in a variety of bust sizes.
has excellent tutorials on how to rebody dolls with either body type
and . The newer Made to Move Barbies and Liv dolls are also popular choices for rebodying especially for darker/tan skinned Pullips.
Question- What clothing fits who?
Answer- This list is by no means definitive and is based on my own personal experience. If you are able to sew I wholeheartedly recommend Requiemart’s patterns on
as she has a great variety of stuff especially for Dals/Byuls and her patterns are easy to follow.
Pullip- Pullip can wear most 1/6 clothing including Momoko clothing, Jenny clothing, modern Barbie clothing (the 80s stuff from childhood in the attic is too big), Azone clothing, Liv doll clothing, some Blythe dresses depending on design. Pullip can also wear clothing from other Groove lines such as Sasha, Hestia and J-doll. Type 1 and Type 2 Pullip have large feet while Monster High & Ever After High clothing is too small to fit them, their shoes fit wonderfully!
Dal/Byul- Dal and Byul share the same body type, they can fit into normal sized Ever After High doll clothing, Licca clothing, re-ment clothing, Blythe clothing can be hit or miss as Blythe is a bit more barrel chested than Dal/Byul, vintage Skipper clothing, some Monster High and Bratz doll clothing may fit but the skirts tend to be scandalously short and some clothing may not close all the way in the back. Moxie doll clothing is a good fit for the most part. Dal and Byul can share most clothing like dresses with Pullip it’s just larger on them than it is on Pullip, pants are way too big.
Taeyang/Namu- Taeyang and Namu can wear Ken clothing/shoes, Ever After High boy doll clothing/shoes, most 1/6 action figure doll clothing including Hot Toys.
Isul- Isul can wear hand-me-downs from his big sister Pullip, most of her clothing fits him. He can also wear clothing from Monster High boy dolls and shirts from Bratz boys (pants are too short!). Some Barbie jeans may fit him.
Yeolume- Yeolume fits Bratz clothing really well.
Wig & Eye Questions
Question– What size wig do pullips use? Where can I buy wigs for pullip?
Answer- Generally speaking pullips take size 8-9 but a few companies run a bit small in which case going up a size 9-10 is advised. Popular wig companies include
and . Somewhat luckily pullip has approximately the same size as Super Dollfie sized bjd and therefore bjd shops have wigs that will work for pullip , , ,
sells really nice quality fur wigs for reasonable prices. One thing of note is that
carry some wigs by the listed bjd companies, they are the same wigs but it may be a little cheaper to order through them if they have it in stock because of the shipping most bjd companies are based overseas and shipping for a single wig can be fairly expensive but DD and FFD are both based in the US.
Question – What size wigs do other members of the Pullip family wear?
Answer: As listed below…
Dal/Byul&# is ideal, 8/9 may work but may be a little loose.
Isul &# is ideal but he may be able to fit into some larger 7/8 wigs
Taeyang/Namu&#, 9/10 may work but may be a little loose.
Little Pullips/Dals/Byuls/Taeyang&#
Question-Which pullips have rooted hair? How can I rewig them?
Answer- All of the 2003 pullips: Wind, Debut, Moon, Street, Squall, Carol, Noir, Leprotto, Bouquet and Withered as well as Venus, Nomado and Bianca have rooted hair. Rewigging them can be a bit difficult, releases with shorter hair can just have their hair tucked into slightly larger wigs (ie. Street’s scalp can be successfully tucked up into a blythe sized wig), if you want to rewig a girl with longer hair you either have to buy a blank scalp or shave/give an extremely short haircut to the scalp. Blank scalps can now be bought via .
Question- What size eyechips do Pullips & friends wear? Where can I buy eyechips?
How do I change the eyechips?
Eyechips can be bought at , a variety are also available via etsy plus the MIO or Make It Own line also has some eyechips available and can be purchased via
or. Teddy bear eyes can be used as eyechips for Pullip but it may interfere with their ability to blind/close their eyes except for Dal/Byul/Yeolume who can not close their eyes anyway.
Pullip originally wore 12mm eyechips but the size increased to 13mm starting in mid-2009 shortly after the Type 4 Pullip body was introduced, so if you have a newer Pullip you need 13mm chips.
Taeyang/Namu wears 12mm eyechips.
Isul wears 12mm eyechips.
Byul wears 14mm eyechips, the same size as Blythes.
Dal wears 12mm eyechips.
Yeolume wear 12mm eyechips.
Requiemart has a fantastic eyechip changing tutorial on her website .
Questions about other dolls lines by Jun Planning/Groove
Question- What are some other the other doll lines released by Jun Planning/Groove?
Answer: Over the years Jun Planning and Groove branched out and produced some other doll lines, some lines were more popular than others.
Class Mates were produced by Jun Planning. In July of 2004, three dolls were released as a part of the line Merippe, Riria & Takeru. The dolls are approximately 8 inches tall. Class Mate Takeru’s head mold seems to have been reused for J-doll. Read more about Class Mates .
Hestia was a doll line produced by Jun Planning from .
Hestia dolls were designed with the idea that the two characters Ribon and Isora were twins, they had the same face sculpt/bodies and eyes but each of the twins had their own personality. Ribon and Isora were simultaneously released in phases with each phase having a different theme, Ribon and Isora would each have their own unique interpretation of the theme. Ten dolls or five phases were released before the line was discontinued. Read more about Hestia dolls .
J-doll is a line of dolls that was originally produced by Jun Planning that continued by released by Groove. J-dolls are top fashion models who travel around the world, their name is based on famous streets which corresponds to their fashion style. J-dolls are are 1/6 fashion dolls and are approximately 10 1/2 inches tall. The line debuted in 2007 and was released up until 2013 when the line was discontinued. A total of 62 J-doll were released. Read more about J-dolls .
Ai Dolls are a line of small ball jointed dolls originally released by Jun Planning, whose released continued with Groove. There were four different facemolds used for releases (three different open eye molds and a closed eye mold). They are slightly less than five inches tall. The line debuted in 2007 and continued until 2013. Read more about Ai Dolls .
Sasha is a line of dolls produced by Groove. with anthropomorphic heads, dolls were released with either a cat or rabbit head. The line debuted in January of 2012 with the simultaneous releases of Lala (rabbit model) and Kiki (cat model). Only eight dolls were produced as a part of the Sasha line, four cat models and four rabbit models. Read more about Sasha .
Pang-ju is a small Chihuahua anthro plastic ball-jointed doll produced by Groove. They are slightly under four inches tall. The first Pang-ju was released in late 2011 and they have been released sporadically since then. Read more about the .
Quesion- What about Ars Espe?
Answer- Ars Espe are a line of bjds made by Groove, only three dolls were released and for a long while I wasn’t even sure they had actually been released or not then I saw two models show up on the secondhand market and their existence was confirmed. I honestly have zero experience with the Ars Espe line and know very little about them, I’ve never seen owner photos of them outside of the auction photos I found.
Question – What wig size are some of these other doll lines?
Not all of the different doll lines wear wigs/are designed to wear wigs but for the ones that can they are listed below.
Class Mate- size 3/4
Hestia- size 5/6
J-doll- size 3/4
Ai Doll- size 4/5
Ars Espe– size 6/7 based on information from Groove’s website I have zero actual experience regarding Ars Espe.
Questions about the site
Question- What is the purpose of this site?
Answer- One of my primary goals is for it to be as much of an all-inclusive resource for Pullips and company as possible, my goal is to keep it as up to date as possible and for it to be as thorough a resource as possible. I love information, I feel like you can never really have too much information!
Question- If this site is supposed to be an all-inclusive resource for Pullips why is there information about other Groove dolls? What’s all this weird anime/comic book non-pullip related junk you post about?
Answer- Unfortunately there were not a lot of resources for the other Groove dolls like Ai Dolls so I started compiling information about them as well. While my primary goal at the moment is to be a resource for Pullips, I do have toy interests outside of Pullip so I blog about my other toys as well occasionally.
Question- Which doll is pictured where…
– Pullip Tokidoki Luna
– Taeyang Gyro
Dal Dotori
Byul Paradis
– Yeolume Podo
– Namu Happy Birthday 1
Question- Can I use your pictures?
Answer- Promotional images are not my property but property of their respective company, use at your own discretion. My personal photos may be used with a few conditions 1) You link back either to this
2) You do not misrepresent my photos as your own or my dolls/other items as your property or use them to sell your items. I’m not “google”.
Question- Can I make a suggestion on how to improve your site?
Answer- I always welcome suggestions but please keep in mind, I do work and the time I can devote to this site fluctuates depending how busy I am with things elsewhere/my current level of insomnia. Will I implement every suggestion? No, it’s more likely that I’ll implement a suggestion if multiple people ask for it though and it depends how time intensive it is. Long-term projects I am currently working on include finishing the face up indexes for each doll and building a release page filled with information about that release for every doll.
Question- How come you only seem to recommend US sellers like Pullipstyle & JPGroove?
Answer- I recommend who I use most frequently myself and therefore feel the most comfortable recommending to other people. For example, while I know Plasticpop exists as a Pullip seller in Germany and the owner seems like a perfectly nice person on the few occasions I’ve spoken to her I’ve personally never done business with them so I lack personal experience ordering from them.
Questions about me & my personal collection
Question- Who are you?
Answer- Hina Ichigo on the Pullip forums/Klein on other forums. I’m just a collector that loves Pullip and that wants you to love her too!
Question -How long have you been collecting Pullips? What got you interested in them?
Answer-I received my first Pullip Shinku as a gift for my birthday on March 28th, 2007. I was a huge Rozen Maiden fan at the time so I was dropping hints that I might like a doll of my favorite character Hina Ichigo for my birthday. My fiance at the time bought Shinku as he decided that he didn’t like Dals all that much so Shinku seemed like a nice alternative. I was so enamored with Shinku when I opened her that I ended up ordering Suiseiseki myself that night via Pullipstyle.
Question: Do you really own all of the Pullips and Dals?
Short Answer: No.
Long Answer: I did at one time, I used to keep current with the line after I went back and eventually bought all of the older releases but I eventually lost interest a bit and started missing releases here and there (I have all of the releases pre-June 2012 except for Bloody Red Hood Lolii Version). Some of the newer collaborations/themes don’t appeal to me as much as the older releases, there are now a lot more releases per month and the cost has gone up per release quite a bit over the years so I have given up on keeping current with the line for now anyway. I’m now concentrating on only buying my absolute favorite Pullip and Dal releases with the occasional Taeyang/ Byul/ Isul/ Yeolume tossed in for variety as well as customs.
The only dolls I have all of at the moment are the original series of Little Pullips, Yeolume Little Byul and Little Taeyang. I’m only one away from having all of the Byuls though :O
Question- How did you get in contact with Groove? Did they really send you stuff?
Answer- Generally speaking if Groove wants to contact you, they will find a way. They sought out my contact information and we corresponded via email for a while. I’m not sure what their criteria is exactly but they seemed to be aware of not only who I was but they also seemed familiar with this website. Groove asked me my thoughts on some Pullip related subjects and said they would send me some Make It Own items to review. At that point I assumed it would be a single blank doll kit but I received a bunch of different MIO items to review.
Question- What can you tell me about Amelia?
Answer- I initially approached both Groove and Pullipstyle about the possibility of a Froggy Dal in frog themed raingear which would have been the most adorable Dal release ever. PS said they weren’t particularly interested in a Dal at the time but maybe another Pullip exclusive wasn’t such a bad idea so I drafted up some designs and they picked the one they liked best which would later become Amelia. Amelia was designed with PS in mind, she is a bunny the she has a desert theme and they live in Arizona. Requiemart and I worked together to bring the design to doll form we then mailed the doll off to Groove in December, then we waited for news about when she would be released which wouldn’t be until August. I was loaned a production sample of Amelia by Pullipstyle so I could take promotional photos for their use on facebook etc. It’s been a phenomenal experience and I am incredibly grateful that we were given this opportunity!
Question- Can I buy ____ doll from you?
Answer- No probably not, I do periodically thin the ranks and there is a sales page on my website that can be viewed
but if it isn’t on the list, it’s not for sale. You can try to tempt me with an insane offer on something not on the list but the answer will more than likely still be no.
Question- I hate you!!!
Answer- I honestly don’t care also that isn’t a question.
Question- How many pullips and friends do you own?
Answer- As of this writing (8/3/2016) I own..
310 Pullips *
33 Taeyangs
34 Little Pullips (original)
16 Little Pullip + (new)
17 Little Dal +
5 Little Byul +
1 Little Taeyang
1 Angel Pullip
1 Angel Dal
Question- Do you own any other dolls made by Jun Planning/Groove?
Answer- Yes, I currently own
21 J-dolls
13 Ai Dolls
3 Classmates
Question- Do you have any other dolls or do you just collect dolls by Jun Planning/Groove?
Answer- While Pullip is my one true love, I have proven time and time again that I am revoltingly unfaithful to her :O. Other dolls in my collection include:
200+ Monster High dolls
68 BJDs (5 SD or larger, 6 MSD, 57 tinies) and 3 more tinies ^^;
43 Dollfie Dreams (5 DDdy, 22 DD, 4 DDS & 6 MDD)
8 Blythes (5 Neos, 1 ADG, 1 Midi & 1 Mini Blythe)
8 Azones (3 1/3 scale & 5 1/6 scale)
3 Ddung (1 full-sized & 2 minis)
2 Mama Chapp
3 Dollcena
2 Ever After High Dolls
1 Volks Dollfie
1 Living Dead Doll
Plus various anime dolls and various play-line dolls.
Question- Why do you have so many dolls?
Answer- Because I like them, that’s basically it.
Question- Can I commission you to customize a doll for me?
Answer- Haha no! I have neither the time or the inclination to take commissions ^^; .
Question- Are you coming to Puddle this year?
Answer- I don’t know yet, I won’t know until it’s much closer to the event. I didn’t know I was going to Puddle until less than a week it before last time.
Question- Who is your favorite Pullip?
Answer- Papin is my favorite stock Pullip. Of my personal dolls, right now it’s a tie between , my beloved Papin and the incredibly awesome
Last Updated: 08.03.2016
Like this:Like Loading...
Connecting to %s
Where do I buy Pullip?
Read all about:
Flickr Photos
Angelic Pretty Pullip Marie Announced!
Sexy Bunny Pullip Bonnie Announced!
SDCC Sale on JPGroove reminder!
JPGroove SDCC Sale
On the bright side, I've secured most of my wanted SDCC exclusives online but I'm iffy about being able to get the SDCC Pullips right now
Follow &Pullips and Junk&
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.
Join 1,299 other followers
%d bloggers like this:

我要回帖

更多关于 a little和a bit 的文章

随机推荐