i willsepolicy neverallow allow anyone to touch anything that

I had just gone to bed after a very hard day when the phone rang. It was a strange farmer. I had never met him before although I had often heard people talk about him. He sounded quite nervous and he had been talking for a minute or so before I understood anything. Even then all I could make out was that someone called Milly had had a very bad accident. I really didn’t know who she was but I had to go.It had been snowing heavily that day and I didn’t know the way. I had been driving for at least an hour when I finally found his place. He was standing there, waiting for me. It seemed that Milly had died. “She meant more to me than anyone even my own wife!” he said. I could see that he had been crying. I thought something terrible had taken place, a possible scandal(丑闻). I was even more surprised when he told me he had put her in the barn(厩). “I couldn’t leave her in the cold!” he said. Milly had clearly been a secret lover of his. I was about to tell him he could not expect me to cover anything up when he opened the barn door. He lifted his candle and I saw a dark figure on the ground.“She was such a good cow! I wouldn’t let anyone except a doctor touch her!” he said and cried again.60. The farmer wished that the writer might .A. look into the matter B. bring Milly back to life C. free him from a scandal D. keep the whole thing a secret61. The underlined phrase in the first paragraph means “ ”. A. expect B. understand C. see clearly D. hear clearly62. Before he arrived at the farmer’s house, the writer expected to see Milly lying . A. on the ground of a barn B. on the floor of a room C. in bed in a room D. in bed in a barn63. What do we know about Milly for the story?A. She had met with an accident. B. She had caused a scandal. C. She was seriously ill. D. She was hidden somewhere.64. The person who told the story is probably a .A. farmer B. policeman C. country doctor D. newspaper re5-6porter - 跟谁学
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:I had just gone to bed after a very hard day when the phone rang. It was a strange farmer. I had never met him before although I had often heard people talk about him. He sounded quite nervous and he had been talking for a minute or so before I understood anything. Even then all I could make out was that someone called Milly had had a very bad accident. I really didn’t know who she was but I had to go.It had been snowing heavily that day and I didn’t know the way. I had been driving for at least an hour when I finally found his place. He was standing there, waiting for me. It seemed that Milly had died. “She meant more to me than anyone even my own wife!” he said. I could see that he had been crying. I thought something terrible had taken place, a possible scandal(丑闻). I was even more surprised when he told me he had put her in the barn(厩). “I couldn’t leave her in the cold!” he said. Milly had clearly been a secret lover of his. I was about to tell him he could not expect me to cover anything up when he opened the barn door. He lifted his candle and I saw a dark figure on the ground.“She was such a good cow! I wouldn’t let anyone except a doctor touch her!” he said and cried again.60. The farmer wished that the writer might .A. look into the matter B. bring Milly back to life C. free him from a scandal D. keep the whole thing a secret61. The underlined phrase in the first paragraph means “ ”. A. expect B. understand C. see clearly D. hear clearly62. Before he arrived at the farmer’s house, the writer expected to see Milly lying . A. on the ground of a barn B. on the floor of a room C. in bed in a room D. in bed in a barn63. What do we know about Milly for the story?A. She had met with an accident. B. She had caused a scandal. C. She was seriously ill. D. She was hidden somewhere.64. The person who told the story is probably a .A. farmer B. policeman C. country doctor D. newspaper re5-6porterI had just gone to bed after a very hard day when the phone rang. It was a strange farmer. I had never met him before although I had often heard people talk about him. He sounded quite nervous and he had been talking for a minute or so before I understood anything. Even then all I could make out was that someone called Milly had had a very bad accident. I really didn’t know who she was but I had to go.It had been snowing heavily that day and I didn’t know the way. I had been driving for at least an hour when I finally found his place. He was standing there, waiting for me. It seemed that Milly had died. “She meant more to me than anyone even my own wife!” he said. I could see that he had been crying. I thought something terrible had taken place, a possible scandal(丑闻). I was even more surprised when he told me he had put her in the barn(厩). “I couldn’t leave her in the cold!” he said. Milly had clearly been a secret lover of his. I was about to tell him he could not expect me to cover anything up when he opened the barn door. He lifted his candle and I saw a dark figure on the ground.“She was such a good cow! I wouldn’t let anyone except a doctor touch her!” he said and cried again.60. The farmer wished that the writer might&&&&&&&& .A. look into the matter&&&&&&&&&&&& B. bring Milly back to life C. free him from a scandal&&&&&&&&& D. keep the whole thing a secret61. The underlined phrase in the first paragraph means “&&&&&& ”. A. expect&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. understand C. see clearly&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. hear clearly62. Before he arrived at the farmer’s house, the writer expected to see Milly lying &&&&&&&&. A. on the ground of a barn&&&&&&&&& B. on the floor of a room C. in bed in a room&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. in bed in a barn63. What do we know about Milly for the story?A. She had met with an accident.&&&&&&&& B. She had caused a scandal. C. She was seriously ill.&&&&&&&&&&& D. She was hidden somewhere.64. The person who told the story is probably a&&&&&&& .A. farmer&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. policeman C. country doctor&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. newspaper re5-6porter科目:难易度:最佳答案【小题1】B【小题2】B【小题3】C【小题4】A【小题5】C解析知识点:&&&&&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心

我要回帖

更多关于 don t touch anything 的文章

随机推荐