第一题pairwork初一数学填空题

& 人教版英语九年级1-15单元精品教案
人教版英语九年级1-15单元精品教案
[导读]Unit 1 How do you study for a test? Ⅰ.Teaching aims 1. Knowledge aims: (1) words: flashcard, vocabulary, aloud, pronunciation. (2) phrases: make flashcards, work with a group, practice pronunciation/c
How do you study for a test?
Ⅰ.Teaching aims
 1. Knowledge aims:
 (1) words: flashcard, vocabulary, aloud, pronunciation.
(2) phrases: make flashcards, work with a group, practice pronunciation/conversations, read aloud, learn a lot.
(3)Conversation:
①A: How do you study for a test?
B: I study by working with a group.
②A: Have you ever studied with a group?
B: Yes, I have. I've learned a lot that way
 2. Ability aims:
⑴ Learn to talk about how to study.
⑵ Learn the ways of learning English.
 3. Emotion aims:
Learn to study with a group and study hard.
II. Main Points
 1. A: How do you study for a test?
B: I study by working with a group.
 2. A: Have you ever studied with a group?
B: Yes, I have. I've learned a lot that way
 3. Language points.
 4. Grammar
III. Difficult points
  the Present Perfect Tense.
IV.Teaching Method
 Task-based teaching method
V. Teaching aids
 Radio, pictures.
Ⅵ. Teaching steps
1. Warming up
Arouse the Ss' interest of learning and make a comfortable situation for the students.
(1) Greetings.
(2) Free Talk.
2. Pre-task
Learn the key words. Enable the Ss learn to share the information in their groups. Lead in.
(1) Ask students to think about the ways of learning English. (Group work.)
(2) Get some Ss to answer how they learn English.
(3) Present : How do you learn English?
Ss: I learn by working with a group. etc. by listening to tapes/asking the teaching for help/ reading magazines/ taking notes...
(4) Show the Ss so vocabulary lists...me pictures and teach
making flashcards/ reading
the textbook/ making vocabulary lists...
(5) Ss listen and repeat.3. TasksTask 1
Present and master the main points. Enable the students to use the key sentences to finish the task. Learn the language points.
(1) Teacher present the following sentences:
T: How do you study for a test?
Ss: I study by working with a group.
(2) Ask the Ss to make a list of how they study for a test. They may make a survey in groups.
(3) Ask some students to report.
(4) Do 1a,1b .
Check the answers.
(5)Language points:
What about ... ?
too ... to ...not at allend up doing sth.
Learn to use the present perfect tense to talk about how to study. Enable the students to use the key sentences to finish the task.. Master the main and difficult points.
(1). Present the sentence.
Have you ever studied with a group?
Do you ever practice conversations with friends?
(2). Ask Ss to ask and answer and do 2a.
(3.) Ask some students to act out , they may use the information in 2a, 2b.
(4). Language points:
Why don't you ... ?
first of alllater onbe afraid to do sth.
decide to do sth.take notesSummary
Consolidate the knowledge of this unit.
 1. Go over the key words.
 2. Revise the main sentences such as:
T: How do you study for a test?
Ss: I study by working with a group.
 3. Revise the language points.Homework1. Strengthen the knowledge.
2. Enable the students to write with the key sentences they learn.
I used to be afraid of the dark.
The First Period
Teaching Contents: Section A 1a,1b,1c,2a,2b,2c
Organization of class1.Greeting2.Warming up
Presentation
1.Words Competition
Show the class many words of appearance and personality. Get them to put the words in the right place.
2.Guess: Who is the boy?
Show the class some information about Harry Potter:
He is a boy. He is not tall. He has curly hair. He is easygoing. He is very smart. He can see strange things and so on.
3.Show two photos of the teacher - five years ago/ now. Ask the students some questions: What did I look like five years ago? What do I look like now?
4.Introduce the new conversations in Unit 2.
I used to be fat.
I am thin now.
I used to have long hair.
I have short hair now.
I used to play basketball.
I play ping-pong now.
Teaching Tasks
1.Task One (Pairwork): Listening to the tape
(1) Show the students two pictures and say something about the people in the picture.
(2) Listen to the tape. Then fill in the blanks in lb,2a,2b.
2.Task Two (Groupwork): Describing different persons
(1) Show the students a set of pictures, such as a movie star, a sportsman, a teacher.
(2) Get the students to discuss in groups and take notes, such as: Jacky Chan used to have big eyes, but now he has small eyes.
(3) Ask two or three groups to present their answers.
(4) Which group does best?
The second period
Teaching Contents: Section A 3a,3b,4
Organization of class
1.Greetings
2.Singing an English song.
1. Revise the conversations that the students learned in the first period. Ask them to talk about some pictures.
2.Check the homework. Talk about what one person used to be like and she/ he is like now.
Presentation
1.Show the class a picture of a big dog,then introduce the new conversations in 3a:
I used to be afraid of big dogs./I'm still afraid of big dogs.
2.Ask the students some questions like this:
What did you use to be afraid of?/Are you still afraid of...?
Teaching Tasks
1.Task One (Pairwork):Match the pictures with the phrases.
(1) Show the students six pictures about the phrases in 3a.
(2) Ask the students to talk about the pictures in pairs and match them.
2.Task Two:Put checks in the first two columns.
(1) Show the students the first two columns about"I", then get them to put checks.
(2) Ask a group of students to read out their answers like this:
I used to be afraid of... / I'm still afraid of...
3.Task Three(Pairwork):Put checks in the last two columns.
(1) Show the students the last two columns about "My Partner".
(2) Get the students to practice the dialogs in 3b.
(3) Put checks in the columns.
(4) Ask several pairs to present their answers.
(5) Choose the best pair.
4.Task Four (Groupwork): A survey
(1) Show the students a form about the activities.
  (2) Get the students to fill in the blanks about "I".
(3) Get the students to ask their classmates and fill in the blanks about "My classmate".
(4) Ask the students to ask questions like this:
What did you use to eat?/ What do you eat now?
(5) Let two or three groups present their results.
(6) Which is the best group?
The Third Period
Teaching Contents: Section B la, lb, 2a, 2b, 2c, 3a
Organization of classWarming upStep II
Checking up the homework
1.Ask two students to read out their compositions (Zhongshan has changed a lot!).
2.Get students to discuss the compositions.
Presentation
1. Show the class four pictures in la.
2.Ask students to describe what is happening in each picture:
A girl is exercising in gym class.
A girl is painting a picture.
A boy is singing.
A boy is looking at some insects.
3.Ask students to check the things they liked to do when they were very young.
Teaching Tasks
1.Task One (Pairwork): I used to like to...
(1) Point out the lines under the picture in lb.
(2) Ask students to write down different things that they used to like to do.
(3) Get students to discuss the answers in pairs, then ask some students to read out their sentences.
2.Task Two: Listening practice (2a, 2b)
Ask students to listen to a dialog between a boy and a girl.
(2) Ask students to check the sentences on the list that they hear on the recording.
  Unit 3
Teenagers should be allowed to
      choose their own clothes.
I. Learning objectives 教学目标SkillFocus
Talk about what you are allowed to do.
Learn to talk about "agree" and "disagree".
Talk about the rules around the students.
Learn to make rules or change rules reasonably.LanguageFocus
Talk about what you are allowed to do (P18)
I think teenagers should be allowed to drive.
Students should not be allowed to have part-time job.
Talk about "agree" and "disagree" (P19)
I think students should be ...
I disagree. They talk ...I agree.Do you think ...?
No, I don't.
Talk about the rules
We have a lot of rules ...So do we.My friends and I goy to talk about the rules ...
What school rules do you think should be changed?词汇1. 重点词汇
license, silly, study, present, member, sleepy, reply, possibly, drop, final, count, owner, sky, catch, interview, noise, wind, neighbor, director, smell, finger, lift, stone
2. 认读词汇
pierce, earring, concentrate, design, opportunity, volunteer, local, mess, newsletter, obey, achieve, realistic, taught, Kathy3. 词组get in the way, care about, instead of, stay up, concentrate on, at present, old people's homestay up, be strict with, the other day, learn from, at present, be good for, English-English Dictionary语法should + be allowed to do ...StrategyFocus
1. Reflecting
2. transforming informationCultureFocus
What rules do they have at school/home?
What school or other rules do you think should be followed /changed?
II. Teaching materials analyzing and rearranging教材分析和重组
1. 教材分析
   本单元以Teenagers should be allowed to choose their own clothes 为话题, 共设计了四个部分的内容:Section A该部分有4个模块:第一模块围绕What should teenagers be allowed to do? 这一话题展开思维(1a)、听力(1b)、 口语 (1c) 训练;第二模块围绕"agrees" and "disagrees"进行听力(2a-2b)、口语 (2c) 训练,并就所学语言结构进行总结(Grammar Focus);第三模块就"about following the rules"这一话题展开阅读训练(3a)和角色表演训练 (3b) ; 第四模块继续就上一话题以小组活动形式展开讨论。Section B该部分有4个模块:第一模块是词汇的学习(1a)与运用(1b);第二模块围绕"One of the school rules"进行听力(2a-2b)、口语训练 (2c) ;第三模块继续围绕The rules in school 这一话题展开阅读(3a)和角色表演训练 (3b) ;第四模块就如何Make a list of rules以写作形式展开训练。Self Check该部分有2个模块:第一模块以填空形式对所学词汇进行训练;第二模块就一封信围绕"agree or disagree" 进行阅读和写作的训练。Reading该部分共设置了5项任务: 第一项任务以小组问题讨论的方式激活学生相关背景知识;第二项任务让学生通过阅读获取信息;第三项任务利用造句、寻找信息、讨论等练习形式加深学生对阅读内容的理解;第四项任务要求学生能运用所学知识解决实际问题;第五项任务要求学生完成介绍名人童年生活及成功之路的任务。
2. 教材重组和课时分配
(Section A: 1a, 1b, 1c, 2a, 2b, 2c)
New function presenting
(Section A: 3a, 3b, 4)
Period III
(Section B: 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b, 2c)
Integrating skills
(Section B: 3a, 3b, 4, Self Check 1, 2 & Workbook)
(Reading: Section 1-Section 4)
Extensive Reading
III. Teaching procedures and ways 教学过程与方式
Revision and Lead-in
Ask one or more students to show their work.
T: (Greet as usual) In the last unit, we learned how to write an e-mail to friends. Can you tell me what you often write in your e-mails?
S: We often write about our problems, our puzzles, sometimes our happiness and achievements to each other.
T: How often do you surf the Internet?
S: Once a week.
T: If your parents don't allow you to surf the Internet and you can't write e-mails to your friends, what will you do?
S: I won't be happy. Perhaps I will get annoyed with them.
T: Well. That means you have your rules in your family though you are unhappy.
S: That 's right.
T: We need to communicate with our friends and parents. If you have different opinions with your parents, how can you communicate with them? We also have to obey our parents. This class we'll talk about what teenagers should do in our daily life.
T: Now I'd like you to see a picture.
Show the picture.
 T: The students in the picture are from Chongqing. They're having a debate on the topic "What should teenagers be allowed to do?" Because they think the topic is meaningful among teenagers. You are old enough to make clear what to do and what not to do. Only after you understand and follow the rules can you become useful people with a lot of abilities to our society. Most of middle-school students think they should be allowed to do all the things they like, for example, they think: They should be allowed to - choose their own clothes
- go out with their friends
- have part-time jobs
- get their ears pierced
- watch NBA matches
- do volunteer work- driveWrite the above expressions on the Blackboard.
T: But actually teenagers have to obey some rules they don't like. What should you allowed to do and not to do is a big problem. Today we're going to learn to talk about it. As a teenager, do you think you should be allowed to drive?
S1: I think so.
T: Can you tell us your opinion?
S1: I think we are old enough. We should learn to drive.
T: Thank you. And what about you, Lily?
S2: I don't think we should be allowed to drive, because most of us are busy with our study. Besides, we don't have enough time to practice. And it'll be very dangerous.
Ask for more examples from other students and write "A"&for agree& or "D" &for disagree& on the blackboard.
Brainstorming
T: Wonderful. (Then turn to another student). You look smart today, who bought you the T-shirt?
S: My mother.
T: Did she choose it for you?
S: No, I was allowed to choose it myself.
T: Thank you for telling us. Do you often choose clothes for yourself?
S: No, I couldn't choose last year. But this year my mother allows me to choose clothes for myself.
T: Do you think teenagers should be allowed to choose clothes?
S: Of course, I do.
T: Great. Boys and girls, here are some more examples about what teenagers should be allowed to do or shouldn't be allowed to do. Let's look at the pictures on Page 18, module 1a. Read the statements together. Then think it over and circle "A" or "D" for "agree" or "disagree."
A few minutes later.
T: Well, Li Yu, would you like to share your ideas with us?
S: Of course. I circled 1,3, 4 with "A", and 2, 5 with "D".
T: Can you tell us why you disagree with the statements 2 and 5?
S: OK. The second one says "sixteen-year-olds should be allowed to drive ", I don't think it can come true in our
the fifth one "twelve years old should be allowed to choose their own clothes ", I don't think they have correct comments on the materials or price.
T: Terrific! Thank you very much for telling us. I think everyone may have his answer. Any answer is correct if you can give out convictive reasons.
T: Now please look at the picture. From the three small pictures, what can you guess the girl wants to do?
S: She says she's going to the mall with John. Because John just got his license. Perhaps she wants to buy a nice T-shirt. But I can't understand Picture 3 clearly. I can only be sure it's something about piercing ears or earrings.
T: Excellent. From the pictures we can just guess the main ideas. After listening to the recording, we can catch their meanings in detail. So listen to the tape carefully.
Play the recording for the first time.
T: All right. Most of you have circled " T " or " F " in the blanks. Now I'll play it a second time, you may check your answers.
Oral Practice
T: Please look at the statements in activity 1a and make conversations in pairs. The phrases in the box below can help you. First practice them in pairs.
Move around the class and check their work. Offer language help if needed.
T: (a few minutes later) Now who'd like to share your ideas with others? Gentlemen first, please?Sample 1:S1: I think teenagers should be allowed to go out with their friends.
S2: I agree. They are old enough. They can look after themselves well.
T: Great. Thank you. You've told us you can look after yourselves. Another pair, can you tell us something else?Sample 2:S3: I don't think twelve-year-olds should be allowed to get their ears pierced.
S4: I agree. It's too silly to wear earrings in the school.
T: Wonderful. Thanks a lot. Not all girls wear earrings now, but in some parts of the country, girls still do so.
And who can give us more examples?Sample 3:S5: I think students should be allowed to do homework with friends.
S6: I disagree. They talk instead of doing homework.
T: Very good! Thank you very much. Do your parents allow you to study with your friends?
Encourage them to talk more about the reasons and their own opinions.
Listening Practice
Ask the students to look at the picture on Page 19.
T: We can see three persons in the picture. Are they talking to one another?
S: No, two girls are talking, and the boy is working..
T: Well, what are their conversations about? Does Molly agree, disagree or not know what Kathy thinks? Let's listen to the tape for the first time. Please circle "Agrees", "Disagrees" or "doesn't know" to show what Molly thinks.
Play the recording for the first time. Then check the answers.
T: You'll hear the same conversation again, This time please number Kathy's and Molly's answers in the correct order.
Play the recording again, then check the answers.
T: From the listening, we know that in our daily life teenagers should and should not be allowed to do a lot of things. In different countries people have different opinions on it. Now please make a list of four things you should or shouldn't be allowed to do. Discuss your list with your partner: What should or shouldn't you be allowed to do?
Get several groups of students to read their lists.Sample 1:S1: Do you think teenagers should be allowed to have mobile phones?
S2: Yes. It's convenient for students and their parents to communicate each other.Sample 2:S3: Do you think teenagers should be allowed to have mobile phones?
S4: No, I don't. Perhaps students pay more attention to short messages than study.Sample 3:S5: Do you think teenagers should be allowed to go on a trip by themselves?
S6: Yes, I do. They may ask " Travel Agency "to help them.
Grammar Focus
Ask the students to read the example sentences in the Grammar Focus box on Page 19 together.
T: (After that) In this class, we have learned "should be allowed to do" and "should not be allowed to do". (Pointing to the Bb) Who can tell us when to use them? What do they mean? From the sentences we have practiced, what can you conclude?
S1: It's a passive voice. In active voice, if we say, "should allow someone to do sth ", we can say, "someone should be allowed to do sth." in passive voice sentence.
T: Thank you. Anyone else can add it up?
S2: If "shouldn't someone to do sth." We can use "someone shouldn't be allowed to do sth".
T: Of course. And if you think so, you can say____. (Get students to fill in the blank)
S3: I can say, "I agree."
T: Quite right. If you don't think so, you can answer_____. (Get them to fill in it again)
S4: I can answer, "I disagree."
T: Yeah. Besides, you can add your opinions after it.
What would you do?
I.Learning objectives 教学目标SkillFocus
Talk about imaginary (interesting/embarrassing) situations
Talk about worries and advice
Listen, describe and talk about personalities
Learn to write in reply
Learn to deal with new problems or situations using what you knowLanguageFocus
Talk about imaginary situations(P26)
What would you do if ...?
If I were you, I'd ...
If you were ..., you would ...
Talk about worries(P27-28)
You shouldn't worry about ...
 I don't know ...
 What if ...?
 What should I do?
 What problems do you have at home/school?
 I can't ...
 The problems is that ...
 What do you think I should ...
Talk about personalities(P29)
What are you like?
I'm creative and outgoing.
 How confident are you?词汇1. 重点词汇
research, worry, exam, herself, circle, listener, knowledgeable, rest, shelf, cover, deep, downstairs, correct, burn, knee, hurt, offer, refuse, safety, helpful
2. 认读词汇
million, medical, pimple, energetic, confident, permission, bother, slight, annoy, fairly, plenty, represent, aid, first-aid, nearby, press, pain, treat, burn, spotty3. 词组what if, in public, in the slightest, plenty of, get along with, let ... down, come up with, get along with, come out语法Subjunctive mood: If I were you, I'd ...StrategyFocus
1. Matching
2. Sharing ideas with classmates/teachers
Using what you knowCultureFocus
What is the others' attitude toward money?
How do they deal with worries/problems?
II. Teaching materials analyzing and rearranging 教材分析和重组
1. 教材分析
  本单元以What would you do为话题,共设计了四个部分的内容:Section A该部分有4个模块:第一模块围绕What would you do if you had a lot of money?这一话题展开思维(1a)、听力(1b)、口语(1c)训练;第二模块围绕Embarrassing situations(worries/problems) 进行听力(2a-2b)、口语训练(2c);第三模块继续就上一模块中的Embarrassing situations这一话题展开训练,训练形式为阅读配对(3a)和角色表演(3b);第四模块仍就Embarrassing situations以小组活动形式展开讨论。Section B该部分有4个模块:第一模块是词汇的学习(1a)与运用(1b);第二模块围绕A personality survey继续对What would you do if.../I would...进行听力(2a-2b)、口语训练(2c);第三模块继续围绕A personality survey 这一话题展开阅读(3a)和写作(3b)训练;第四模块仍就A personality survey这一话题以口语训练形式展开小组活动。Self Check该部分有2个模块:第一模块以填空形式对所学词汇进行训练;第二模块就一封E-mail展开阅读和写作训练。Reading该部分共设置了5项任务:第一项任务以问题讨论的方式激活学生相关背景知识;第二项任务要求学生通过快速阅读获取信息;第三项任务利用讨论、写作等练习形式加深学生对阅读内容的理解;第四项任务要求学生能运用所学知识解决实际问题;第五项任务要求学生运用所学知识开展实践活动(做一次调查)。
2. 教材重组和课时分配
(Section A: 1a, 1b, 1c)
New function presenting
(Section A: 2a, 2b, 2c, 3a, 3b, 4)
Period III
(Section B: 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b, 2c)
Vocabulary building
(Section B: 3a, 3b, 4)
Integrating skills
(Self Check: 1, 2 & Workbook)
Reading comprehension
Revision and Lead-in
Listing and Speaking
Ask the students to read the picture on Page 26.
T: When we talk about things that haven't happened, we can use the words I would or I'd. Now look at the picture on Page 26. What can you see in the picture?
S: We can see some people, a school, a zoo, a research lab, a bank.
T: What are the people in the lower part of the picture doing?
S1: Maybe they are thinking about the answers to the question shown in the picture.
S2: The woman is reading a newspaper and they are all thinking of the answers to the question.
T: Pretend you are the people in the picture, what would you do if you had a million dollars?
S3: I'd buy a beautiful car.
Write buy a beautiful car on the blackboard.
S4: I'd build a research lab.
S5: I'd give it to the Hope Project.
S6: I'd travel around the world.
S7: I'd give it to medical research....Ask for more ideas from the students. Write their ideas on the blackboard.
buy a beautiful car, travel around the world, give it to the Hope Project,
build a school for the poor children, build a library for our school, build a research lab
Show the following to the students and then ask them to practice in pairs.
-What would you do if you have a million dollars?
-I would (I'd) ____________.
T: Now work in pairs and make dialogues.
Sample dialogues:
1. - What would you do if you saw someone stealing something?
- I'd call the police.
2. - What would you do if you lost your bike?
  - I'd buy a new one.
3. - What would you do if you saw a girl crying in the street.
- I'd help her find her mother.
4. - What would you do if the teacher asked you to sing a song to the class?
- I'd say yes.
5. - What would you do if you found a wallet in the street?
- I'd give it to the police.
Ask the students to listen to the recording and compare their answers with those in therecording.T: Next we'll hear a conversation about how to spend a million dollars. The recording will be played twice. For the first time, listen to get the order you hear.
Play the tape for the first time.
T: For the second time, please number the picture in the order you hear them.
Play the tape for the second time. Then check the answers.
1. Ask the students to do more practice as required in 1c on Page 26.
Ask the students to prepare for the next period: Think about if you have any worries or problems in daily life.
It must belong to Carla.
Ⅰ. Learning objectives 教学目标
Skill Focus
Learn to make inferences with "must", "might", "could", and "can't".
Talk about the words you don't understand or something that worries you.LanguageFocus功能句式
Make inferences (P34- P35)
Whose...is this?
It must be...
Talk about the words you don't understand or something that worries you
What do you think ...mean?
It might mean ...词汇
1. 重点词汇
picnic, possibly, drop, count, final, owner, sky, catch, interview, noise, wind, neighbor, director, smell, finger, lift, stone
2.认读词汇
optometrist, algebra, crucial, anxious, worried, Oxford, chase, creature, unhappy, extremely, footstep, garbage, mystery, monkey, escape, bark, ant, dishonest, pretend, attempt, Hemingway, Fred, Mark Twain3.词组 belong to, hair band, use up语法
must, might, could and can't for making inferencesStrategyFocus
1. sequencing
2. deducing
Culture Focus
Different opinions about dreams.
Different proverbs show different cultures.
Ⅱ.Teaching materials analyzing and rearranging 教材分析和重组
1.教材分析
本单元以It must belong to Carla为话题,共设计了三部分的内容:Section A该部分有4个模块:第一模块围绕Whose volleyball is this? 这一话题展开思维(1a)、听力(1b)、口语(1c)训练;第二模块围绕上一模块中的话题进行听力(2a-2b)、口语训练(2c);第三模块继续围绕前两个模块中的"making inferences"展开训练。训练形式为阅读排序(3a)和两人问答(3b);第四模块仍就上一话题展开讨论。Section B该部分有4个模块:第一模块要求根据图画和所提供的单词写出合理的句子;第二模块在听力(2a-2b)和分角色口语训练(2c)的基础上,继续进行"推测"训练; 第三模块围绕"Strange events in Bell Tower neighborhood"这一话题展开阅读(3a)和写作(3b-3c)训练;第四模块以dream为话题展开小组活动。Self Check该部分有3个模块:第一模块以填空形式对所学词汇进行训练;第二模块就8个谚语展开阅读和讨论。第三模块要求找出不同类的词。
2.教材重组和课时分配
Period 1(Section A: 1a, 1b, 1c)
New function presenting
Period 2 (Section A: 2a, 2b, 2c, 3a, 3b, 4)
Period 3 (Section B: 1, 2a, 2b, 2c, 3a, 3b, 3c, 4 )
Integrating skills
Period 4 (Self Check: 1, 2, 3 & Workbook)
Comprehensive review
Ⅲ. Teaching procedures and ways
Step I Revision and Lead-in
Ask the students to do a game guessing the owners of things.
T: In the last unit, we have learnt what we should do if we are in an imaginary situation. If we had problems, we would ask for advice or help. Now, imagine, if you have found something and don't know who the owner is, what would you do
Ss: We would try to guess who the owner is, then give it to him/her.
T: Now, boys and girls, close your eyes.
Collect some books from the students and put them together, asking the students to guess whose books they are.
T: OK, open your eyes, please.
Hold up one of the books.
T: Whose book is this?
S1: Bill's ?
T: It might be Bill's. Let's ask him. Bill, is this your book?
S2: No, it's not mine.
T: Well, it isn't Bill's. He says it's not his.
S2: Is it Anna's?
T: Let's ask her. Anna, is this your book?
S3: No, it isn't.
T: So it's not Anna's book. And it can't be Maria's. Because I didn't take hers. Then whose book is it?
S1: Is it Lee's?
T: Yes, it doesn't belong to Bill, Anna or Maria. So it must be Lee's.
Step II Brainstorming (1a: P 34)
T: When we talk about things we are not sure of, we use the words could, might, can't and must. It could be Bill's. It might be Bill's. It can't be Maria's. It must be Lee's. Now, look at 1a on Page 34. What can you see in the picture?
S: We can see a hat, a T-shirt, a volleyball, a CD, a toy car, a plate, three cups, some books and magazines.
T: It isn't hard for us to judge who the things belong to. Read the examples first, and then write the things you see in the correct columns in the chart as soon as possible.
Then ask the students to read their answers.
S: Sure. The hat, the jacket and the T-shirt must belong to clothing. The volleyball, the CD, the toy car, the magazine, and the book must belong to fun things. The plate, the cups must belong to kitchen things.
Step III Listening and speaking (1b: P 34)
Ask the students to read the instruction in 1b.
T: Read the instructions and find out what you are asked to do.
S1: To match each person with a thing and a reason.
T: As you listen, draw lines to connect the person in the first column with the thing in the second column. Then draw another line to match the thing in the second column with the reason in the third column.
Ask the students to listen to the recording for the first time.
T: Now listen for the first time to get the key information: who, what and why. Keep them down while listening.
Point out the sample answer.
T: The name Carla in the first column is connected to volleyball in the second column because that's the thing they are talking about. And the word volleyball in the second column connected with the sentence She loves volleyball. in the third column.
Ask the students to listen to the recording again.
T: Now listen to the conversation again. This time connect the items in the three columns.
Play the recording again.
T: We heard just now that the owners of the things and the reasons why the things belong to them. Next, make conversations with the help of the information in the chart in activity 1b. First, you'd better read the example in the box
Ask the students to make dialogues after the model.
T: Now work with a partner and practise making conversations.
Sample dialogue 1:
S1: Look! Whose toy car is this?
S2: It must be Jane's little brother's. Because he was the only little kid in the picture.
Sample dialogue 2:
S3: Look! Whose book is this?
S4: It must be Mary's. Because Hemingway is her favorite author.
Sample dialogue 3:
S3: Whose CD is this?
S4: It must be Grace's. Because she always listens to classical music.
Step IV Homework
1. Ask the students to do more practice as required in 1c on Page 34.
2. Ask the students to prepare for the next period: If you are not sure of something, how do you make inferences?
I like music that I can dance to.
I. Learning objectives教学目标SkillFocus
Express preferences
Talk about one's likes and dislikes and the reasons
Learn to express one's opinions
Learn to write a reply
Learn to enjoy different kinds of artsLanguageFocus
Talk about one's preferences, using the relative clause (P44-45)
I prefer ... that ...
 I love ... that ...
Talk about people's likes and dislikes and the reasons (P45-50)
 Carmen likes musicians who ...
 Xu Fei prefers groups that ...
 She doesn't like songs that ...
 I don't like musicians who ...
 I only eat food that ...
 I like ..., but I prefer not to eat much food that ...
Talk about opinions (P48-50)
 What about you?
 What do you think of ...?
I thought the fisherman's wife was really funny.
 Whatever you do, don't miss this exhibition.
 These are musicians who make us happy even on a Monday morning.
 I think that sometimes, food that is bad for you tastes good.词汇1. 重点词汇
heart, photography, interest, class, whatever, miss, okay, expect, sweet, taste, itself, laboratory, cancer, increase, biscuit, main, care
2. 认读词汇
prefer, lyric, gentle, dislike, remind, string, sink, Yellow River, fisherman, latest, entertainment, feature, gallery, photographer, display, photograph, energy, pro, con, honest, suit, actually, fry, mainly, type, barbecue, risk, exclamation, tag, contraction, shock, Carmen, Dan Dervish3. 词组prefer... to..., remind somebody of ..., dance to, sing along with, be sure to, interest somebody, make somebody adj., to be honest, suit somebody, on display, catch up语法Relative clauses with that and whoStrategyFocus
1. Listening for specific information
2. Transforming informationCultureFocus
What do other people think of the different kinds of things?
How to express one's opinions?
II. Teaching materials analyzing and rearranging教材分析与重组
1. 教材分析
 本单元以I like music that I can dance to 为话题,共设计了四个部分的内容:Section A该部分有4个模块:第一模块围绕the music that ...这一话题展开思维(1a)、听力(1b)、口语(1c)训练;第二模块围绕music进行听力(2a-2b)、口语(2c)训练;第三模块继续就music这一话题展开训练,训练形式为阅读配对(3a)和角色表演(3b);第四模块仍就one's preferences以Pairwork的形式进行讨论,展开口语训练(4)。Section B该部分有4个模块:第一模块就one's favorite展开思维训练;第二模块就两个孩子的对话继续对things one likes进行听力(2a-2b)、口语(2c)训练;第三模块继续围绕上一话题展开阅读(3a-3b)和写作(3c)训练;第四模块仍就what would you prefer to do这一话题以口语训练形式为主展开小组活动(4)。Self Check该部分有2个模块:第一模块对所学词汇进行填空训练(1);第二模块就一封笔友来信展开阅读和写作训练(2)。Reading该部分共设置了3项任务:第一项任务以问题讨论的方式激活学生相关背景知识(Section 1);第二项任务要求学生运用所供策略完成阅读;第三项任务要求学生通过快速阅读获取信息(Section 2, Section 3);第四项任务通过讨论、写作等形式要求学生进行一次class survey. (Section 4)。
2. 教材重组和课时分配
New function presenting
(Section A; Grammar Focus, 3a, 3b, 4)
(Section B: 1, 2a, 2b, 2c)
Vocabulary building
(Section B: 3a, 3b, 3c, 4)
Integrating skills
(Self Check: 1, 2)
Self check
 Period 6
Reading comprehension
III. Teaching procedures and ways教学过程与方式
Warming-up and Lead-in (1a: P44)
Play the beautiful, lyric song Do, Re, Mi in the movie "The Sound of Music".
T: Now I will play a fair-sounding song to you. Join the singing, please.
Talk about the film and the music with the students.
T: Now, children, do you like this song? Its name is Do, Re, Mi. Every time I listen to it, I can think of the moving film. Some of you must have known that this song is from a very good film. What is the name of the film? You can tell me either in English or in Chinese.
Ss: The Sound of Music.
T: Good. The film is moving, and its music is the kind of music that has great lyrics.
Then show a beautiful picture on the blackboard: A girl seems to be listening to something, with her hands supporting her face.
T: In the last unit, we learned to guess what somebody was doing. Now look at the pictures and tell me: What is the girl doing?
S1: She must be listening to music.
T: What kind of music is she listening to?
S2: She must be listening to the song.
S3: She must be listening to the song Do, Re, Mi in the movie "The Sound of Music".
T: What kind of music do you think the girl likes?
Provide some phrases describing music such as the following:
 has great lyrics, is very moving, touch people deeply,
 remind one of one's childhood, singers sing the words clearly...
S4: She must like music that has great lyrics.
S5: She must like music that is very moving.
S6: She must like music that touches people deeply
S7: She must like music that reminds her of her happy childhood.
S8: She must like music that singers sing the words clearly.
T: What kind of music do you think children like, the music that they can sing along with or the music that they can dance to?
S9: I think they like both.
T: Very good. They may like both the music that they can sing along with and the music that they can dance to. Now please read the sentences in the picture on page 44 together.
Ask the Ss to circle the sentence they agree with.
T: All these sentences describe the kinds of music each person in the picture likes to listens to. Work in pairs, circle the sentences you agree with and write your own sentences.
S10: I agree with the sentence: I love music that I can sing along with. Because in my opinion, music brings pleasure to people not only in the way of listening to it, but also in the way of singing along with it. And the most important is one can feel it while listening.
S11: I agree with the sentence: I like music that I can dance to. Because I love dancing very much.
Ask some Ss to read their sentences to the class.
Sample answers:
I prefer music that is quiet.
I like music that is comfortable to hear.
I prefer music that has clearly-pronounced words.
I like music that can be found in the movie.
I prefer music that was composed by Beethoven.
I love music that shows love to the life and people....Step II
Listening (1b: P44)
Ask the students to listen to the dialogue between Tony and Betty
T: Now let's listen to the tape and find what kind of music Tony and Betty like. Look at 1b on P44. Tickle the kinds of music that Tony and Betty like while listening.
Ask a student to read the three headings to the class.
T: First let's guess what kinds of music they will talk about by reading the three headings given.
Ss: Music that one can dance to, that has great lyrics and that one can sing along with.
Play the tape. And then check the answers.
Oral Practice (1c: P44)
Ask the students to talk about the music they like.
T: As we all know, different people may have different ideas on the same question, and different people may have different preferences. Then talk with your partners about the kinds of music you prefer. First, who'd like to read the example in the box? OK, you two, please.
Ask two Ss to read the example first.
T: Now work with your partners, talking about music you prefer with the help of the expressions here.
Show the following.
  be awarded prizes, be full of energy, interest somebody,
  known to many people, reminds somebody of, show love to ...
sample dialogue 1:
S1: What kind of music do you like?
S2: I like music that is played by famous bands. What about you?
S1: I prefer music that makes me happy.
Sample dialogue 2:
S2: I like music that is really cool. What about you?
S1: I prefer music that has been awarded prizes.
Sample dialogue 3:
S2: I like music that is full of energy. What about you?
S3: I prefer music that interests me.
Sample dialogue 4:
S2: I love music that is known to many people. What about you?
S3: I prefer music that reminds me of happy days that I spent in my childhood.
Listening Practice (2a, 2b: P45)
Ask the students to listen to the recording between Carmen and Xu Fei.
T: Next we are going to listen to another dialogue between Carmen and Xu Fei. First, read the sentences in 2a.
Play the recording and then check the answers.
Pairwork (2c: P45)
T: After listening, we know that Xu Fei and Carmen like different music. Now make conversations with your partners about what each of them prefers, using the information from activities 2a and 2b.
Sample dialogue 1:
S1: Does Xu Fei like The Modern?
S2: No, he doesn't. He prefers musicians who write their own songs.
Sample dialogue 2:
S3: Does Carmen like The Modern?
S4: Yes, she does. She prefers music that's really loud and energetic.
Sample dialogue 3:
S5: Does Carmen like The Modern?
S6: Yes, she does. She prefers musicians who play different kinds of music.
Summary and Homework
T: This period, we've learnt how to express our preferences to different music. After class, please,
1. Listen to the conversations again.
2. Try to talk about the kinds of music you like why you like or dislike them.
Where would you like to visit?
I. Teaching objectives 教学目标
Skill Focus
▲Talk about places you would like to visit
▲Talk about intentions
▲Talk about reasons why you do sth. or don't do sth.
▲Listen and talk about places of interest.
▲Learn to write a letter asking for information and help.
▲Learn to deal with new problems we face on a vacation.LanguageFocus功能句式
Talk about places you would like to visit (P52)
Where would you like to go ...?
I'd like to trek / travel / drive to ...
I like exciting / fascinating ... places.
Talk about intentions and suggestions(P53-54)
I hope to see ...
I hope to visit ...
I'd love to go to ...
Why not consider visiting ...?
Talk about reasons why you (don't) visit some places (P54)
It doesn't have any beaches or mountains ...
The traffic is heavy in some parts of the city, and ...
... is very hot / crowded / dangerous / expensive ...
But it's also beautiful, and ...词汇
1. 重点词汇
educational, fall, lively, church, wine, translate, light, wonderful, provide, sail, Pacific, programming
2. 认读词汇
tiring, peaceful, fascinating, thrilling, Florida, trek, Amazon, Niagara Falls, touristy, spotlight, consider, Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame Cathedral, convenient, underground, general, unless, pack, firm, spot, Confucius, typical, finding, continue, sportspeople, translator, conclusion, attitude3. 词组take it easy, in general, provide with, as soon as possible, come true语法
Would and hope to for expressing desires.
I'd like to go somewhere relaxing.
I hope to go to France some day.
I'd love to visit Mexico.StrategyFocus
1. Classifying information by filling in forms
2. Role playing
Culture Focus
Scenery spots around the world.
1. 教材分析
本单元以Vacations为话题,共设计了四个部分的内容:Section A该部分有4个模块:第一模块围绕Where would you like to go on vacation? 这一话题展开写(1a)、听(1b)、说(1c)训练;第二模块围绕the intentions and the difficulties we would meet when traveling进行听(2a, 2b)、说(2c)训练;第三模块继续就上两个模块中的travel places这一话题展开训练,训练形式为给出景点特征的形容词或名词,模仿本单元的句型对话(3a, 3b);第四模块是对话训练,通过描述景点的优缺点谈论自己对旅游景点的审美情趣(4)。Section B该部分有4个模块:第一模块是词汇或句型复习,谈论的话题是度假时应注意的重要问题(1);第二模块给出一段对Jeff的介绍(模拟Jeff在旅游公司工作),谈论旅游中想做的事情和不想做的事情,主要通过听(2a, 2b)、说(2c)的方式来练习(表演对话);第三模块围绕offer advice to travelers 这一话题展开阅读(3a)和写作(3b)训练;第四模块就an ideal place for a school trip这一话题以口语训练形式展开小组活动(4)。Self check该部分有2个模块:第一模块以填空形式对所学词汇进行训练(1);第二模块是借助风景名胜图片展开写作训练,谈谈喜欢或不喜欢某个旅游景点的理由(2)。Reading该部分共设置了4项任务:第一项任务以谈论梦想和希望的方式加深学生对前几项任务的理解和一些重要知识的记忆(Section 1);第二项任务要求学生通过快速阅读筛选、获取信息(Section 2, Section 3: 3a-3c);第三项任务利用讨论、问答等形式加深学生对阅读内容的理解(3d);第四项任务要求学生列举、描述实现自己理想的方式、步骤(Section 4)。
2. 教材重组和课时分配
New function presenting
(Section A: 2a, 2b, 2c, 3a, 3b, 4)PracticePeriod 3
(Section B: 1, 2a, 2b, 2c)
Vocabulary building
(Section B: 3a, 3b, 4)
Integrating skills
(Self check: 1, 2)WritingPeriod 6
(Reading: Section 1-Section 4)ReadingIII. Teaching plans
Lead-in (1a:P52)
T: Have you ever been to the Great Wall?
S1: Yes, I have been to.
S2: No, I have never been to.
T: I have been to the Great Wall. Last summer I visited it. I like the Great Wall very much. Besides, I would like to visit the Summer Palace. How about you?
S3: I'd like to visit Qingdao next summer vacation.
S4: I would like to pay a visit to Xi'an.
T: I'd like to visit the Summer Palace, because it's exciting.
Write the word "exciting" on the blackboard.
T: Do you know what this word really means? Can you think of something else that is exciting? I will give you some clues. For example, it was an exciting day when I went swimming with my friends.
S5: Yes, I guess it means something that makes us happy. We can say that collecting stamps, going swimming and going shopping are all exciting.
T: Good. That's right. Do you know which words have the opposite meaning?
S6: "Boring" is just the opposite of "exciting", I think.
T: Yes, Good. Can you make a sentence with these two words?
S6: Yes, let me try. Having a vacation is exciting while playing chess is boring.
T: You did a good job. Can you give me some words to describe a vacation?
Then list the words "tiring", "educational", "peaceful", "relaxing", "thrilling" and "fascinating" on the blackboard....T: Most of you have been to different places for your vacations. Some places are relaxing, while some may be thrilling and dangerous, so we must be careful on our trip. Now please open your books to page 52 and look at the posters in the picture, what can you see in the posters?
S7: In the first poster I can see a beach and a man lying on it.
T: Can you read the words?
S7: Yes. Take it easy on a Florida Beach!
T: Then if you are asked to give a brief description of the beach, which words would you like to use?
S7: I think the beach is fascinating, peaceful and exciting.
T: Very good, sit down. And who would like to say something about the second poster?
S8: Let me try. In the second poster we can see a man holding a knife. This is a poster for a travel to Brazil. I think trekking through the Amazon jungle is dangerous and thrilling, but at the same time, it is exciting.
Ask the Ss what they should do before listening.
T: What should you do if you are going to do some listening practice?
S9: I think we should know, first, what we are asked to do.
T: Then what you are asked to do according to the instruction in 1b?
S10: To fill in the chart with the places that Sam and Gina would like to go to on vacation and the reasons.
T: Good. From the chart we can see Sam wants to go to Brazil because he likes exciting vacations. Do you know where Gina wants to visit? And why? What's more, sometimes you'd better write some key words on the paper while you are listening.
Ask the Ss to listen to the tape, finish the ex. and then check the answers.
T: Now please work in pairs. Suppose you two are the persons in the picture in 1a. Make conversations to tell your partners the place you would like to visit, the Florida beach or the Amazon jungle of Brazil? Why?
Sample dialogue 1:
S1: Where would you like to visit on vacation?
S2: I'd like to trek through the jungle. I think it must be very exciting to trek through the jungle, though it is to some extent dangerous and thrilling. What about you?
S1: I would like to enjoy sunlight on the Florida beach. I like sunlight very much. Also I love the peace and beauty of the beach.
Sample dialogue 2:
S1: Where would you like to go on vacation?
S2: I would like to visit the Florida beach to relax myself. I can enjoy the sunshine on the beach, which is good for my health. What about you?
S1: I would like to go to the Amazon jungle of Brazil. I learn from the TV program it is mysterious although it is full of danger. I like going on an expedition.
Ask the Ss to:
1. do more practice as required in 1c on page 52.
2. prepare for the next period: Think about a good place you want to travel to.
I'll help clean up the city parks.
I. Teaching objectives 教学目标SkillFocus
▲ Listen and talk about offering help
▲ Talk about ways to tell people about the Clean-Up Day
▲ Listen, describe and talk about the work the volunteers do
▲ Learn to write a letter
▲ Learn to deal with new problems or situations using what you have learnedLanguageFocus
Talk about offering help (P60)
I'll help clean up the city parks.
A: I'd like to work ...
B: You could help ...
Talk about ways to tell people about the Clean-Up Day (P61)
We need to ...
We can't ...I'll ...Talk about the work the volunteers do (P62)
These three students all volunteer their time to help other people.
Somebody loves to ... / helps ... / plans to ... / wants to ...
A: What do you like doing?
B: I like ...
A: What kind of volunteer work do you think I could do?
B: You could ...词汇1. 重点词汇
advertisement, fix, repair, pleasure, blind, deaf, shut, carry, specially, fetch
2. 认读词汇
hunger, homeless, cheer, clean-up, sign, establish, major, commitment, elementary, veterinarian, coach, similar, call-in, strategy, disabled, organization, unable, support, appreciate, donation, part of speech, pronoun, adverb, preposition, conjunction, donate, Jimmy, Sally3. 词组clean up, cheer up, give out, put off, set up, think up, take after, fix up, give away, put up, hand out, work out, at once语法How to use phrasal verbsStrategyFocus
1. Matching
2. Personalizing
3. Using parts of speechCultureFocus
Being a volunteer is useful and important.
1. 教材分析
本单元以Volunteering 为话题设计了四个部分的内容。Section A该部分有四个模块:第一个模块围绕 ways in which you could help people这个话题展开叙述(1a),听力(1b),口语(1c)训练;第二个模块围绕 Talk about ways to tell people about the Clean-Up Day 进行听力(2a, 2b),口语(2c)训练;第三个模块是关于volunteers的一个阅读材料,训练形式为阅读(3a),填表格(3b),角色表演(3c);第四个模块仍以the kinds of work the volunteers do为话题,以表格及对话形式进行小组活动(4)。Section B该部分有四个模块:第一模块是词汇的学习(1a)与运用(1b);第二个模块以听力训练形式强化第一模块中所学词汇(2a, 2b)和口语训练(2c);第三个模块围绕中心展开阅读(3a) a volunteer's work 并再次强化了第一模块中的词汇学习(3b);第四模块仍就the work the volunteers do 这一话题以小组活动形式进行口语训练(4)。Self check该部分有两个模块:第一模块对所学词汇进行填空训练(1);第二个模块以某一志愿者的活动为内容进行写作和口语练习(2)。Reading该部分共设四项任务:第一项任务以问题讨论的形式激活相关的背景知识(Section 1);第二项任务要求学生通过快速阅读获取信息,并鼓励学生运用词性的知识阅读并理解短文内容(Section 2);第三项任务通过提炼阅读材料中的知识点和难点进一步理解文章(Section 3);第四项任务以写回信的形式对所学知识进行巩固运用(Section 4)。
2. 教材重组和课时分配
New function presenting
(Section A: 3a, 3b, 3c, 4)PracticePeriod 3:
(Section B: 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b, 2c, 3a, 3b, 4)
Integrating skills
(Section 1-Section 4)ReadingPeriod 5:
(Self check: 1, 2)Self checkIII. Teaching plans
T: In the last unit, we have learned "where would you like to visit". If you asked me this question, I would say: I would like to visit Guilin. It is the place which I would like to visit most. Would you like to visit it?
Ss: Yes. We would also like to visit it because of its beautiful scenery and kind people.
T: Good. There are many tourist attractions in Guilin, so every year thousands of people visit it. But there are many visitors who throw waste cans and plastic bags here and there. As a result, many tourist attractions in Guilin have been polluted heavily. And the same thing has happened in other places all over the country. It is reported that an old woman from America helped clean up rubbish thrown by visitors on the Great Wall as a volunteer. And in our country there are many volunteers to do every kind of work to help others. Do you think being a volunteer is great?
Ss: Yes, we have heard of many good deeds done by volunteers all over the country. They are great. They give people help without hope of reward.
T: Then do you hope to become volunteers?
Ss: Yes, we hope to become volunteers, thus, we can help many people who need help.
T: I suggest you set up a volunteer group to try your best to help people. Now please open your books and turn to page 60. Look at the picture. What can you see in it?
Ss: The two persons are talking about volunteer work.
T: Good, please read the three posters in it. Who would like to read them to us?
S1: Let me try. The first poster: Help cle The second: Visit sick chil The third: Help stop hunger.
T: Thank you. Besides the ways provided in the posters to help people, can you think of more other ways?
S2: Help people stop smoking.
S3: Help people keep away from drugs.
S4: Visit old people in the old people's house....Step II
T: Now let's listen to a material in which some people describe what they want to do as volunteers. The first time, you should listen carefully to get the main idea of it. When you listen again, please complete the sentences in 1b on Page 60.
Play the tape twice and then check the answers with the whole class.
Oral Practice
T: From the listening, we have known some things volunteers want to do. Then if you are volunteers, what do you want to do to help people? Please work in pairs and make conversations to express your own opinions.
Sample dialogue 1:
S1: I would like to work outside.
S2: You could help plant trees and grass to beautify our hometown.
Sample dialogue 2:
S1: I'd like to work in the hospital.
S2: Then you could help cheer up the patient.
Sample dialogue 3:
S1: I'd like to work at a station.
S2: You could help the passengers with their luggage.
Practice (2a, 2b, 2c: P61)
T: Let's listen to another material in which some students are talking about ways to tell people about A City Parks Clean-Up Day. Before listening, please look at the pictures in 2a on Page 61.Listen to the tape and tick the things the students are going to do.
One minute later, play the tape and then check the answers.
T: Now listen again and complete the sentences in 2b.
Play the tape again and then check the answers.
T: In the listening, we have learned about some ways to tell people about the Clean-Up Day. Read the model dialogue in 2c and then work in pairs to try to make your own dialogues using the information in the listening.
Sample dialogue 1:
S1: We need to hand out advertisements after school.
S2: Let's have supper first.
S1: No, we can't put off handing out the advertisements. Clean-Up Day is only two weeks from now.
Sample dialogue 2:
S1: We need to put up the signs.
S2: Let's drink some water first, I'm thirsty.
S1: No, we can't put off putting up the signs. Clean-Up Day is five days from now.
Sample dialogue 3:
S1: We need to put up a notice.
S2: Let's have supper first.
S1: No, we can't put off putting up the notice. Clean-Up Day is just two days from now.
Summary and Homework
T: In this class, we've mainly talked about offering help. After class, try to make more dialogues to practice it. And learn the phrasal verbs cheer up, set up and come up with in Grammar Focus. If you cannot fully understand their meanings and usage, please look them up in the dictionary.
When was it invented?
Ⅰ Teaching objectives 教学目标SkillFocus
▲Talk about the history of inventions
▲Write and read about inventions
▲Learn to remember information using mind-mapping
▲Learn to use imagination to invent things to deal with problems and do role playsLanguageFocus
Talk about inventions(P68-70)
When was (the telephone ...) invented?
I think it was invented in ...
I think (the telephone ...) was invented before / after ...
Who was it / were they invented by?
It was / They were invented by ... What is it / are they used for?
It is / They are used for ...
What do you think is the most helpful / annoying invention?
I think the most helpful / annoying invention is ...词汇1. 重点词汇
invent, mistake, ancient, produce, pleasant, pie, throw, century, notice, including, knock, basket, metal, below, towards, develop, risen
2. 认读词汇
scoop, adjustable, heel, battery, operate, slipper, bulb, light bulb, microwave, microwave oven, crispy, salty, sour, chef, sprinkle, beverage, according, legend, boil, bush, remain, flying disk, bakery, Bridgeport, Connecticut, lemon, cookies, abacus, binoculars, rank, indoors, create, wooden, divide, aim, hoop, shoot, backboard, guide, court, Berlin, popularity, worldwide, association, equipment
be used for, by mistake, in the end, by accident, according to, fall into, in this way, knock into语法The Passive Voice:
1. When was / were ... invented?
2. Who was / were ... invented by?
3. What is / are ... used for?StrategyFocus
1. Brainstorming
2. Role playingCultureFocus
The history of chips which are popular with westerners.
The invention of tea.
1. 教材分析
本单元以Inventions为话题,共设计了四个部分的内容:Section A该部分有4个模块:第一模块围绕When and in what order were they invented? 这一话题展开讨论(1a)、听力(1b)、口语(1c)训练;第二模块围绕3个inventions 进行听力(2a-2b)、口语(2c)训练;第三模块继续围绕inventions这一话题展开训练,要求列出两类不同的发明(3a)并以pairwork形式对此展开讨论和对话训练(3b);第四模块设置情景alone on a tiny island,以小组活动形式讨论在该情景下什么inventions重要及原因。这部分主要训练口语、学生处理问题的思维能力和想象力。Section B该部分有4个模块:第一模块是词汇的学习(1a)与运用(1b);第二模块围绕the history of chips继续进行听力(2a-2b)、口语(2c)训练;第三模块围绕Who invented tea?这一话题展开阅读理解(3a),并要求学生能够以"From pie plate to flying disk"为题目进行应用写作训练(3b);第四模块以inventions这一话题训练学生的创造力、解决问题的能力和想象力(4a), 并且以小组讨论和角色扮演(4b)的形式展开口语训练。Self check该部分有2个模块:第一模块对所学词汇进行填空训练(1);第二模块要求就不同的inventions搜集信息并进行写作训练(2)。Reading该部分共设置了5项任务:第一项任务以问题讨论的方式激活学生相关背景知识(Section 1);第二项任务要求学生通过快速阅读获取信息(Section 2);第三项任务利用填图、回答问题等练习形式进一步加深学生对阅读内容的理解(Section 3);第四项任务要求学生对"play on China's national basketball team one day"问题发表观点、进行口语训练(Section 4);第五项任务要求学生对某一项发明进行调查研究。
2. 教材重组和课时分配
(Section B: 1a, 1b)
Vocabulary building
New function presenting
(Section A: 2a, 2b, 2c, 3a, 3b, 4)PracticePeriod 4
(Section B: 2a, 2b, 2c, 3a, 3b)
Integrating skills
(Section B: 4a, 4b; Self check: 1, 2)
Self check
Reading comprehension
III. Teaching plans
T: Good morning / afternoon, boys and girls. This week we will begin a new unit about inventions. You can see inventions all around us, from TV to car, from food to clothing. We should say nobody can live without them. Don't you think so? Can you imagine one day without inventions?
Ss: That's impossible.
T: Yes, we live in a world of inventions. These inventions make our life easier and more comfortable. In this unit, we will learn some inventions and their history. First, let's get to know some new words.
Words about food taste(1a, 1b: P71)
Ask one student to come to the front to do a blind taste test.
Show a bag to the students.
T: Look, there are 4 kinds of food in it. I will let one of you come to the front and taste them. But I will use a piece of cloth to cover his or her eyes. After tasting, he or she has to tell how each food tastes and what food it is. Are you clear? Sophie, please.
Cover Sophie's eyes and give her the food one by one. Sophie tastes each food and tries to guess what it is.
S: It is sweet. I think it is an apple.
They are salty and crispy. I think they are potato crisps.
It is sour. I think it is a tomato.
It is salty. But I don't think I have eaten this food before. It is delicious.
T: Do you enjoy the food? Now you can take off the cloth. The last one is Pizza, which is popular with westerners. You can take it with you and go back to your seat. Thank you.
Sophie goes back to her seat.
T: Hi, class. What are the four different tastes of the food Sophie had?
S: They are sweet, crispy, salty and sour.
T: Yes. They are words used to describe different tastes of food. Try to use them to describe the food in the picture of 1a, Section B.
Ask the students to read the pictures of 1a in Section B and describe how the food tastes.
T: Now, look at the four pictures. What are they?
Ss: They are potato chips, lemon, ice cream and tea.
T: You are right. Please use the words we've just learnt to describe how they taste.
S1: Potato chips are crispy. Lemon is sour. Ice cream is sweet. Tea is sweet.
T: How about you? Do you have a different idea?
S2: Potato chips are crispy and salty. Lemon is sour. Ice cream is sweet. Tea is sweet.
T: Good. I think S2's answer is better. Now let's repeat the description together.Ss: ...Ask the students to write the name of a different food after each word in 1b of Section B.
T: Now, write the names of different foods after each taste as many as possible. I think this is an easy job for you. Think of the food you eat everyday at home or in restaurants.
Collect the answers and put them down on the blackboard.
Sample answers:
sweet: apple, orange, banana, honey, orange juice, cakes and candies
crispy: salad, potato chips, lettuce and cucumber
salty: pizza, French fries, olives
sour: grapes, pickle and vinegar
Ask the students to finish the following exercises in 10 minutes.
T: Next we'll do a quiz. Your task is to finish the exercises in 10 minutes. Anyone who does his best without looking at the textbooks will be invited to my home this Sunday for a pizza meal. When I say "begin", you can begin. After you finish, hold up your hands and let me know. Are you ready? One, two, begin!
Fill in the blanks with the words you've learnt according to the Chinese.
1. Who _______ the telephone? ( 发明)
2. When was the car ________? (发明)
3. It ______ _______ _______ scooping really cold ice cream. (被用来......) 4. What do you think is the most _______ invention? (令人烦恼的)
5. The potato chips were invented _________ ______. (错误地)
6. The customer thought that the potatoes weren't ______ enough. (薄)
7. The customer was happy __________ _______ ______. (最终)
8. The customer said they weren't _____ enough. (咸)
9. The chef ________ lots of salt on the potato chips. (撒)
10. The tea was invented ______ ______. (偶然地)
11. This beverage was _______ (发现) over 3 _____(千) years ago.
12. ______ _______ (根据) this legend, people _______(煮) water to drink over an open fire.
13. He ______ ______ the river yesterday. (掉进)
14. She ______ beautiful after these years. (保持)
15. The emperor ______ (发现) that the leaves in the water _______ (发出) a pleasant smell.
16. Dr Naismith ______ (分) the men in his class into two teams.
17. Dr Naismith _______ (创造) a ga
人教版英语九年级1-...
品德与社会
Copyright& 北京学而思网络科技有限公司(京ICP备号-1)北京市公安局海淀分局备案编号:

我要回帖

更多关于 高一英语语法填空题 的文章

随机推荐