歌曲榜TOP10
免费下载到手机您的举报已经提交成功,我们将尽快处理,谢谢!
how often have you heard of that?
大家还关注
(window.slotbydup=window.slotbydup || []).push({
id: '2081942',
container: s,
size: '1000,60',
display: 'inlay-fix'Settled down - definition of settled down by The Free Dictionary /settled+down
settle (redirected from settled down)Also found in: , , , .
settlec. 1865 English settle byPhilip Webb ()set·tle
(sĕt′l)v.
set·tled, set·tling, set·tles v.tr.1.
To end or resolve (a dispute, for example) by making a decision or coming to an agreement. See Synonyms at .2.
To resolve (a lawsuit or dispute) by mutual agreement of the parties rather than by court decision.b.
To make the determinations and distributions of (a trust).3. a.
To make compensation for (a claim).b.
To pay (a debt).4. a.
T arrange as desired: settle one's affairs.b.
To place or arrange in a desired position: settled the b settled herself in an armchair.c.
To agree to or fix in advance: settled the date of the meeting in June.5. a.
To establish as a resident or residents: settled her family in Ohio.b.
To migrate to and es colonize: Pioneers settled the West.c.
To establish in a residence, business, or profession: was finally settled in his own law practice.6.
To restore calmness or comfort to: The hot tea settled his nerves.7. a.
To cause to sink, become compact, or come to rest: shook the box to settle the raffle tickets.b.
To cause (a liquid) to become clear by forming a sediment.v.intr.1.
To discontinue moving and come to rest in one place: The ball settled in the grass near the green.2.
T sink or descend, especially gradually: Darkness settled over the fields. Dust settled in the road.3. a.
To become clear by the sinking of suspended particles. Used of liquids.b.
To be separated from a solution or mixture as a sediment.c.
To become compact by sinking, as sediment when stirred up.4. a.
To establish one's residence: settled in Canada.b.
To become established or localized: The cold settled in my chest.5.
T decide: We finally settled on a solution to the problem.6.
To come to an agreement, especially to resolve a lawsuit out of court.7. a.
To provide compensation for a claim.b.
To pay a debt.n. A long wooden bench with a high back, often including storage space beneath the seat.Phrasal Verbs:
settle down1.
To begin living a stable and orderly life: He settled down as a farmer with a family.2.
To become calm or composed. settle for To accept in spite of incomplete satisfaction: had to settle for a lower wage than the one requested.Idioms:
settle (one's) stomach To relieve one's indigestion or nausea. settle (someone's) hash Slang
To silence or subdue.[Middle English setlen, to seat, from Old English setlan, from setl, seat; see
in .]set′tle·a·ble adj.settle ('s?t?l) vb1.
(tr) arrange in a desired state or condition: he settled his affairs before he died. 2. to arrange or be arranged in a fixed or comfortable position: he settled himself by the fire. 3.
(intr) to come to rest or a halt: a bird settled on the hedge. 4. to take up or cause to take up residence: the family settled in the country. 5. to establish or become established in a way of life, job, residence, etc6.
(tr) to migrate to
colonize7. to make or become quiet, calm, or stable8.
come down: fog settled over a wide area. 9. to make (a liquid) clear or (of a liquid) clarify10. to cause (sediment) to sink to the bottom, as in a liquid, or (of sediment) to sink thus11. to subside or cause to subside and become firm or compact: the dust settled. 12.
(Banking & Finance) (sometimes foll by up) to pay off or account for (a bill, debt, etc)13.
(tr) to decide, conclude, or dispose of: to settle an argument. 14.
( often foll by on or upon) to agree or fix: to settle upon a plan. 15.
(Law) ( usually foll by on or upon) to secure (title, property, etc) to a person, as by making a deed of settlement, will, etc: he settled his property on his wife. 16.
(Law) to determine (a legal dispute, etc) by agreement of the parties without resort to court action (esp in the phrase settle out of court)[Old English
related to Dutch
see settle2] 'settleable adjsettle ('s?t?l) n (Furniture) a seat, for two or more people, usually made of wood with a high back and arms, and sometimes having a storage space in the boxlike seat[Old English
related to Old Saxon, Old High German sezzal]set•tle1
(ˈsɛt l)
-tled, -tling. v.t.
to appoint, fix, or resolve definit agree upon, as price or conditions.
to place in a desired state or in order:
to settle one's affairs.
to pay, as a bill.
to close (an account) by making full payment.
to migrate to and organize (an area, territory, etc.); colonize.
to cause to take up residence.
to furnish (a place) with inhabitants or settlers.
to quiet, calm, or bring to rest:
to settle one's nerves.
to relieve nausea or other distress in:
to settle a queasy stomach.
to stop from annoying or opposing.
to conclude or resolve:
to settle a dispute.
place in a permanent position or on a permanent basis.
to cause (a liquid) to become clear by depositing dregs.
to cause (dregs, sediment, etc.) to sink or be deposited.
to cause to make firm or compact.
t close out (sometimes fol. by up):
to settle an estate.
to secure (property, title, etc.) on or to a person by formal or legal process.
to terminate (legal proceedings) by mutual consent of the parties.
to decide, arrange, or agree (often fol. by on or upon):
to settle on a plan.
to arrang come to an agreement:
to settle with a person.
make a financial arrangement (often fol. by up).
to take up residence in a new country or place.
to come to rest, as from flight:
a bird settling on a bough.
to gather, collect, or become fixed in a particular place, direction, etc.
to become calm or composed (often fol. by down).
to stop activity in order to rest or sleep (often fol. by in or down):
We settled in for the night at a country inn.
to subside.
to become clear by the sinking of suspended particles, as a liquid.
to sink to the bottom, as sediment.
to become firm or compact, as the ground.
(of a female animal) conceive.
settle down,
to achieve personal and professional stability, esp. upon marrying.
to become calm or quiet.
to apply oneself to serious work.
settle for, to be satisfied with.
settle into, to become established in.
[before 1000; Middle English set(t)len, Old English setlan to place, derivative of setl 2; compare Dutch zetelen]
set′tle•a•ble, adj.
set`tle•a•bil′i•ty, n.
set′tled•ness, n.
set•tle2
(ˈsɛt l)
a long seat or bench, usu. wooden, with arms and a high back.
[before 900; Middle English: seat, sitting place, Old English setl, c. Old High German sezzal armchair, Gothic sitls seat, Latin sella akin to ] settlePast participle: settledGerund: settlingImperativePresentPreteritePresent ContinuousPresent PerfectPast ContinuousPast PerfectFutureFuture PerfectFuture ContinuousPresent Perfect ContinuousFuture Perfect ContinuousPast Perfect ContinuousConditionalPast ConditionalImperativesettlesettlePresentI settleyou settlehe/she/it settleswe settleyou settlethey settlePreteriteI settledyou settledhe/she/it settledwe settledyou settledthey settledPresent ContinuousI am settlingyou are settlinghe/she/it is settlingwe are settlingyou are settlingthey are settlingPresent PerfectI have settledyou have settledhe/she/it has settledwe have settledyou have settledthey have settledPast ContinuousI was settlingyou were settlinghe/she/it was settlingwe were settlingyou were settlingthey were settlingPast PerfectI had settledyou had settledhe/she/it had settledwe had settledyou had settledthey had settledFutureI will settleyou will settlehe/she/it will settlewe will settleyou will settlethey will settleFuture PerfectI will have settledyou will have settledhe/she/it will have settledwe will have settledyou will have settledthey will have settledFuture ContinuousI will be settlingyou will be settlinghe/she/it will be settlingwe will be settlingyou will be settlingthey will be settlingPresent Perfect ContinuousI have been settlingyou have been settlinghe/she/it has been settlingwe have been settlingyou have been settlingthey have been settlingFuture Perfect ContinuousI will have been settlingyou will have been settlinghe/she/it will have been settlingwe will have been settlingyou will have been settlingthey will have been settlingPast Perfect ContinuousI had been settlingyou had been settlinghe/she/it had been settlingwe had been settlingyou had been settlingthey had been settlingConditionalI would settleyou would settlehe/she/it would settlewe would settleyou would settlethey would settlePast ConditionalI would have settledyou would have settledhe/she/it would have settledwe would have settledyou would have settledthey would have settled
Switch to Noun1.settle - a long wooden bench with a back & - a long seat for more than one personVerb1.settle - settle into a position, usually on "dust settled on the roofs", , , , ,
- put into a certain place
"Put your things here"; "Set the tray down"; "Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children"; "Place emphasis on a certain point" - settle as sediment2.settle - "The case was decided"; "The judge decided the case in favor of the plaintiff"; "The father adjudicated when the sons were quarreling over their inheritance", , ,
- bri "She ended their friendship when she found out that he had once been convicted of a crime"; "The attack on Poland terminated the relatively peaceful period after WW I" - determine the result of (a competition) - decide how much is to be paid on an insurance claim3.settle - "We finally settled the argument", , ,
- settle, "clear a debt"; "solve an old debt" - "concert one's differences" - "clinch a deal",
- reach a conclusion after a discussion or deliberation - settle by concession4.settle - take up residence an "The immigrants settled in the Midwest",
- settle as colonists or establish a colony (in); "The British colonized the East Coast" - s "The immigrants had to resettle"5.settle - "After some discussion we finally made up", , , ,
- make peace with, , ,
- "We agreed on the terms of the settlement"; "I can't agree with you!"; "I hold with those who say life is sacred"; "Both philosophers concord on this point" - "The brothers who had been fighting over their inheritance finally made peace"6.settle - go under, "The raft sank and its occupants drowned", , , , ,
- move downward and lower, but not nec "The temperature is going down"; "The barometer is falling"; "The curtain fell on the diva"; "Her hand went up and then fell again",
- sink "the mud subsides when the waters become calm" - "The Japanese sank American ships in Pearl Harbor" - sink below the surface,
- si go under or as if under water7.settle - become settled or established and stable in one's res "He finally settled down", , , ,
- become s "The economy stabilized" - settle down or stay, as if on a roost8.settle - become resolved, fixed, established, "The roar settled to a thunder"; "The wind settled in the West"; "it is settling to rain"; "A cough settled in her chest"; "Her mood settled into lethargy", ,
- enter or assume a certai "He became annoyed when he heard the bad news"; "It must be getting more serious"; "her face went red with anger"; "She went into ecstasy"; "Get going!"9.settle - establish or de "He settled the farm 200 years ago"; "This land was settled by Germans",
- change the use of and make "develop land"; "The country developed its natural resources"; "The remote areas of the country were gradually built up"10.settle - come to rest,
- come to a halt, "the car stopped"; "She stopped in front of a store window"11.settle - arrange or fix
"She settled the teacart",
- put into a proper "arrange the books on the shelves in chronological order"12.settle - accept despite lack of c "We settled for a lower price", ,
"I cannot accept your invitation"; "I go for this resolution"13.settle - end a legal dispute by arri "The two parties finally settled", , ,
- "We agreed on the terms of the settlement"; "I can't agree with you!"; "I hold with those who say life is sacred"; "Both philosophers concord on this point"14.settle - make a financial settlement - make a proportional settlement or distribution,
- m "Can you arrange a meeting with the President?" - "pay a debt"; "pay an obligation" - pay someo "I squared with him", , ,
- do or give something t "Does she pay you for the work you are doing?" - settle the affairs of by determining the debts and applying the as "liquidate a company" - "settle the bills"15.settle - become clear by the
"the liquid gradually settled" - become
losing one's or "She changed completely as she grew older"; "The weather changed last night" - cause to become clear by forming a sediment (of liquids)16.settle - cause to become clear by forming a sediment (of liquids) - become clear by the
"the liquid gradually settled" - "The Japanese sank American ships in Pearl Harbor"17.settle - sink "the mud subsides when the waters become calm", , ,
- go under, "The raft sank and its occupants drowned"18.settle - "He ensconced himself in the chair", , , , ,
- put into a certain place
"Put your things here"; "Set the tray down"; "Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children"; "Place emphasis on a certain point"19.settle - get one's revenge for
"I finally settled with my old enemy", ,
- b "the tribesmen fought each other"; "Siblings are always fighting"; "Militant groups are contending for control of the country"20.settle - put "let's finalize the proposal", , ,
- bri "She ended their friendship when she found out that he had once been convicted of a crime"; "The attack on Poland terminated the relatively peaceful period after WW I",
- become fixed (on); "Her eyes fixated on a point on the horizon"21.settle - "The Swedes settled in Minnesota" - settle land given by the government and occupy it as a homestead22.settle - c "Night fell"; "Silence fell",
- arrive, "The first success came three days later"; "It came as a shock"; "Dawn comes early in June" - "Grief fell from our hearts"settleverb1. , , , , , , , ,
They agreed to try and settle their dispute by negotiation.2. , , square (up), ,
I settled the bill for my coffee and his two glasses of wine.3. , , , , , , , , , ,
As far as I'm concerned, the matter was settled yesterday.4. , , , , , ,
Right, that's settled then.5. , go to live in, , , , , , set up home in, put down roots in, make your home in He visited Paris and eventually settled there.6. , , ,
This was one of the first areas to be settled by Europeans.7. ,
(informal), ,
(informal), ,
Albert settled himself on the sofa.8. , , , ,
Once its impurities had settled, the oil could be graded.9. , , , ,
The birds settled less than two hundred paces away.10. , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
They needed a win to settle their nerves. calm , , , , , , , , settle down1. , , have a home, stop moving from place to place One day I'll want to settle down and have a family.2. , , , , become quiet, stop rushing around The children have now settled down.3. , , , ,
(slang) They put up their tents and settled down for the night.settle down to something , , , , begin to tackle, apply yourself to, address yourself to They settled down to some serious work.settle for something , , , , , , , ,
She was just not prepared to settle for anything mediocre.settle in , , accustom yourself, , become acclimatized, familiarize yourself with something I enjoyed school once I'd settled in.settle on or upon something or someone , , , , , , , , elect for We finally settled on a Mercedes estate.settleverb1. To put into correct or conclusive form:, , , .2. To place securely in a position or condition:, , , , .3. To make or become calm:, , ,
(down), , , , .4. To fall or drift down to the bottom:, .5. To come to rest on the ground:, , , , .6. To set right by giving what is due:, , ,
(off or up), , .7. To bring (something) into a state of agreement or accord:, , , , .8. To bring about or come to an agreement concerning:, , , , .9. To make up or cause to make up one's mind:, , , .
??????? ???????????????????????????????? ??? ?????urovnatusadit seuvelebit sevyrovnatdohodnoutaftaleberoligebetalebilaeggebosaette sighoitaa kuntoonizgladitimegállapodikgera uppróa, sefasetjastsetjast a?setjast, koma sér fyrir解決する???apmok?tiapsiprastiatsiskaitytigyvenviet?naujakurysapmestiesiekārtotiesnokārtotnokārtot rē?inunomierinātdogovoriti senarediti gnezdonaseliti seporavnatisestiklara upp????????anla?maya varmakgidip yerle?mekkonmakyat??t?rmakgi?i quy?tsettle1 [ˈsetl]A. VT1. (= resolve) [+ dispute, problem] → several points remain to be settled →
por the result was settled in the first half → el
primer to settle a case or claim out of court →
los the terms were settled by negotiation → se
mediante una settle it among yourselves! → ?arregladlo entre vosotros!so that's settled then →
ya está it's all settled - we're going in June → ya está
en that settles it! - you're not going → ?no hay
! or ?pues ya está! - tú te the couple have settled their differences → la
sus 2. (= make comfortable) [+ person] →
, to settle an invalid for the night →
(por la noche)to get (sb) settled: I'd just got the baby settled when →
cuando ...it took a long time to get settled in our new home → nos
mucho instalarnos
to settle o.s. → , she settled herself at the desk → se
3. (= place) [+ object] → ; [+ gaze] → 4. (= colonize) [+ land] → 5. (= calm) [+ nerves] → , ; [+ doubts] → , ; [+ stomach] → 6. (= pay) [+ bill] → ; [+ debt] → , 7. (= put in order) [+ affairs] → to settle one's affairs →
sus 8. (= deal with) [+ person] I'll soon settle him → ya me
de ponerlo that settled him →
la 9. (Jur) → to settle sth on sb →
algo a algnB. VI1. (= establish o.s.) (in a house) → ; (in a country) → ; [first settlers] → she visited Paris in 1974 and eventually settled there →
2. (= come to rest) [bird, insect] → ; [dust] → ; [snow] → a deep gloom had settled on the party → un
my eyes settled on her immediately → al
en ella3. (= sink) [sediment] → ; [building] → the boat slowly settled in the mud →
4. (= separate) [liquid] → 5. (= get comfortable) (in chair) → ; (in new job, routine) → , he settled deeper into the cushions → se
entre los I couldn't settle to anything → no me podía
nada6. (= calm down) [weather] → estabilizarse, ; [conditions, situation] →
, normalizarse; [nerves] → see also
A17. (= reach an agreement) →
or they settled with us for ?12,000 → lo
12.000 8. (= pay) I'll settle with you on Friday → te
settle downA. VI + ADV1. (= get comfortable) → , I settled down in my favourite chair → me
they settled down to wait → se
para la 2. (= apply o.s.) to settle down to sth: after dinner, he settled down to a video →
un I couldn't get the children to settle down to work → no
a 3. (= calm down) → , 4. (= adopt a stable life) → I'm not ready to settle down yet →
para why don't you settle down and get married? → ?por qué no
y te ?5. (= get back to normal) [situation] →
, normalizarsethings are beginning to settle down → las
B. VT + ADV1. (= make comfortable) →
, he settled the children down for the night →
a los why don't you help Philippa unpack and settle her down? → ?por qué no le
a Philippa a
e ?2. (= calm down) → , I turned on the TV to settle them down →
para calmarlos or tranquilizarlossettle for VI + PREP1. (= accept) →
condon't settle for second best → confórmate
con I won't settle for less → no me
con menosto settle for ?250 →
250 2. (= choose) → , settle in VI + ADV (in new home, hotel) → ; (in new job, school) → he's settling in well at his new school → se está
are you all settled in? → ?ya estás ?settle on VI + PREP (= choose) → , settle up VI + ADV →
(with sb con algn) I'll pay for everything and we can settle up later → yo
despuéssettle2 [ˈsetl] N →
m (a veces con baúl debajo)settle [ˈsɛtəl] vt (= resolve) [+ argument, matter, problem] → We are looking for ways to settle our differences → Nous
nos .We have renounced the use of force to settle our disputes → Nous avons
à l'usage
force pour
nos .that's settled then → alors, c'est ! (= pay) [+ debt, bill, account] → I'd like to settle my account → J'aimerais
ma .He came out to settle the charge for the hire car →
. (= calm) [+ nerves] → to settle one's stomach →
d'estomac (= colonize) [+ land] → s'établir surTheir grandparents settled the land in 1856 → Leurs
en 1856. vi [person] (make one's home) → He finally settled in Paris → Il s'est
à . [bird, fly] → A bird settled on the roof → Un
sur le . [sediment, dust] →
(= be still, calm) [person] → I can't settle today → Je n'arrive pas à me
aujourd'hui.to settle to sth →
à qchsettle down vi (= calm down) → settle down! → calme-toi! (= sit comfortably) → He poured himself a drink and settled down in front of the TV → Il se
et s'installa devant la .to settle down to do sth → s'installer pour
qch (in house, with partner) → settle for vt fus (= accept) → Don't settle for second best → Ne vous
.settle in vi → How are you settling in?BUT Comment se passe votre installation?.settle on vt fus (= decide on) → se We haven't settled on a date yet → Nous n'avons
de .Have you settled on a name for the baby? → Avez-vous
pour le ?settle up vi → I'll settle up and then we can go → Je
et on s'en va.to settle up with sb →
ce que l'on doit à qn,
à qnAs soon as the money arrived I was able to settle up with him →
, j'ai pu lui
ce que je lui devais.settle1 n → (Wand) fsettle2 vt (= decide) → ; (= sort out) → , ; problem, question, points → ; dispute, differences, quarrel → , ; doubts → , ; date, place → ,
(inf); venue →
or -setzen; deal → ; price → sich einigen auf (+acc), → ; terms → ; the result of the game was settled in the first half → das
schon in der ersten
; when my future is settled → wenn sich meine
hat; to settle one’s affairs → seine
; to settle an estate (Jur) → die
; to settle a case out of court → einen
; that’s settled then → das ist
or ; that settles it → damit w?re der
(ja wohl) ; (angry) →
reichts (= pay) bill → , ; account →
(= calm) nerves, stomach → ; we need rain to settle the dust → wir brauchen , damit sich der
(= place carefully) → ; (in upright position) → ; (= make comfortable for sleep etc) child, invalid → ; pillow → ; to settle oneself comfortably in an armchair → es sich (dat) → in einem
; she settled her head back against the headrest → sie
an die ; to settle oneself to doing something → sich ,
zu ; to settle one’s gaze on somebody/something → seinen
(= establish: in house) → ; to get one’s daughter settled with a husband → seine
or unter die
(inf) to settle somebody into a house/job →
/sich in eine
; we’d just settled the children into a new school → wir hatten die
VT (= colonize) land → ; (= set up) people →
(form) to settle money/property on somebody →
or ; (in will) →
/ ; to settle an annuity on somebody →
(inf: = put an end to) I’ll soon settle his nonsense → ich
ihm schon die
; I’ll soon settle him → dem
(inf); (verbally also) → dem
(inf); that settled him! → da hatte er sein
(inf) vi (= put down roots) →
; (in country, town, profession) → sich ; (as settler) → sich ; (in house) → sich
, sich ; (= feel at home) (in house, town, country) → sich
(→ into in +dat); (in job, surroundings) → sich
(→ into in +dat); to settle into a way of life → sich an einen
; to settle into a habit → sich (dat) →
; as he settled into middle age → als er
(= become less variable: weather) →
; the wind settled in the east → der
(= become calm, child, matters, stomach) → sich ; (panic, excitement) → sich ; (= become less excitable or restless) →
; he couldn’t settle to anything → er konnte sich auf nichts
(= come to rest, sit down, person, bird, insect) → sich
or ; (dust) → sich
or ; (= sink slowly, subside, building, walls) → sich ; (ground, liquid, sediment, coffee grounds) → sich ; (wine) → sich ; to settle comfortably in an armchair → es sich (dat) → in einem
; the boat settled in the water → das
zu ; fog/silence settled over the city → /
sich über die
sich über der
aus; gloom settled over the meeting → eine
sich in der
(Jur) to settle (out of court) → sich
(= pay) →
? also settle1 [ˈsɛtl] n →
settle2 [ˈsɛtl]1. vta. (place carefully) → to settle o.s., get settled → b. (decide, finalize, details, date) → , ; (pay, bill, account) → , ; (solve, problem) → ; (difficulty) → ; (dispute, argument) → to settle a case or claim out of court →
in via that's settled then →
è that settles it! (I've decided) → ecco, ho ! (indignant) → questo è c. (calm down, nerves) → ; (doubts) → to settle one's stomach →
il d. (colonize, land) → e. (Law) to settle sth on sb → 2. via. (bird, insect) → ; (sediment, dust, snow) → ; (building) → ; (conditions, situation) → ; (weather) →
al ; (emotions) → ; (nerves) → to settle to sth →
a qcI couldn't settle to anything → non
a concentrarmib. (go to live, in town, country) → ; (in new house) → , ; (as colonist) → to feel settled (in a place) →
c. to settle with sb for the price of sth →
di qc con qncan I settle with you later? → posso darti i
più ?to settle out of court (Law) →
in via to settle on sth (choose) →
qcsettle down vi + adv (person, in house, armchair) → ; (become calmer) → ; (after wild youth) →
; (situation) → ,
alla to settle down to work →
has he settled down in his new job? → si è
?to get married and settle down →
(e famiglia)settle for vi + prep to settle for sth →
qche settled for ?100 →
settle in vi + adv (in new house) → , ; (in new job, neighbourhood) → settle up vi + adv to settle up (with sb) →
(con qn)settle ('setl)
to place in a position of rest or comfort. I settled myself in the armchair. gerieflik maak
?????? ??????? ???????? ????????
разполагам (се)
p?r(-se) à vontade
uvelebit se
saette sig til rette
κ?θομαι αναπαυτικ? ,
(mugavalt) sisse seadma
???????????
smjestiti se, namjestiti se
elhelyezkedik
menempatkan
setjast, koma sér fyrir ,
?sitaisyti
iekārtoties
meletakkan diri dalam keadaan yang selesa
zich installeren , sette
til rette , usadawia? si?
??????: ?? ??? ???: ??? ????? ??????? ???? ???: ??? ?? ????????: ?? ??? ????? ?????: ????? ????: ??? ??? ? ?????? ?? ?????: ?????? ?? ???? ?????: ???????? ????: ????? ??? ???? ??????? ?????? ???? ????? ???: ????? (????? ?? ????) ???????: ??????: ???? ????
p?r(-se) à vontade
a se instala (confortabil) ,
uvelebi? sa
namestiti (se)
smestiti se
s?tta (l?gga) till r?tta
влаштовуватися, ус?стися
??n ngh? trên cái gì 2.
to come to rest. Dust had settled on the books. op neerkom
трупам (се)
depositar-se
laegge sig
κατακ?θομαι
katma, langema
???? ?????
slegnuti se
nosēsties
legge/senke seg
depositar-se
a-i c?dea ochii pe
nabrati se
spustiti se
sl? sig till ro, l?gga sig
ос?дати
??ng, ??u 3.
to soothe. I gave him a pill to settle his nerves. kalmeer
успокоявам (се)
berolige ,
????? ????
rauhoittaa
????? ????
megnyugtat
menenangkan
róa, sefa
nomierināt
menenangkan
????? ????????????? ?????
yat??t?rmak
приводити до ладу; заспокоювати
ngu?i d?n 4.
to go and live. Many Scots settled in New Zealand. verhuis na
заселвам се
bosaette sig , ,
elama asuma
??????????
naseliti se
letelepedik
setjast a?
apsigyventi
osiedla? si?
???? ?????
a se stabili
поселяться
naseliti se
preseliti se
sl? sig ner, bos?tta sig
???????????
gidip yerle?mek
ос?дати, заселяти
侨居,定居 5.
to reach a decision or agreement. Have you settled with the builders when they are to start work?; The dispute between management and employees is still not settled. oplos
????? ??? ?????
разбирам се
dohodnout (se), urovnat
bilaegge , , ?ρχομαι σε συμφων?α , ,
kokkuleppele j?udma
????? ????
????? ?? ???????, ?????? ????
megállapodik
mencapai persetujuan
útkljá; semja ;
susitarti, i?spr?sti
nokārtot (jautājumu u.tml.)
mencapai persetujuan ,
ustala?, za?atwia?
a decide, a re-gle-menta ; улаживать
dohodnú? (sa), urovna?, vyrie?i?
dogovoriti se
dogovoriti se
avtala, komma ?verens om, ordna, klara upp
anla?maya varmak
вир?шувати, домовлятися
????? ????
gi?i quy?t
决定,达成协议 6.
to pay (a bill).
??????? ?????????
оправям сметка
betale , τακτοποι? λογαριασμ? ,
??? ?? ?????? ????
namiriti, platiti
gera upp ,
samaksāt; nokārtot rē?inu
menjelaskan
?????? ???
vyrovna?, zaplati?
betala, g?ra upp
розраховуватися, сплатити
???? ?????
thanh toán 'settlement noun1.
an agreement. The two sides have at last reached a settlement. ooreenkoms
споразумение
das ?bereinkommen/bringen
forlig , , ,
nagodba, ugovor
persetujuan
samkomulag
susitarimas, sprendimas
vieno?anās; (jautājuma) nokārto?ana
persetujuan ,
????????? ???????? ??? ?? ?? ?????? ?? ?? ????? ?? ?? ???????????: ???????? ??????? ?????? ???? ???????: ?? ??? ????? ?????? ?? ????: ?? ???? ????? ?? ????????: ?? ?? ???? (?? ?? ??? ??? ????? ??): ?????? ????
uppg?relse
угода, домовлен?сть
?????? ???????
s? dàn x?p
解决,协议 2.
a small community. a farming settlement. gemeenskap
?????????????
колония
comunidade
die Siedlung
-bosaettelse , , ,
??????????????
naselje, naseobina
telep(ülés)
permukiman
gyvenviet?
apdzīvota vieta
penempatan ,
bos?ttning, nybygge
???????? ?
yerle?im alan?, mesk?n yer
поселення; колон?я
??? ????? ?? ????????
khu ??nh c? 'settler noun a person who settles in a country that is being newly populated. They were among the early settlers on the east coast of America. setlaar
???????????
заселник
der Siedler/die Siedlerin
uudisasukas
????????, ???????
kolonist, naseljenik
gyventojas, naujakurys
peneroka ,
naseljenec
doseljenik
??????????????
поселенець
??? ??? ???? ???? ????
ng??i ??nh c?
移民,侨民 settle down1.
to (cause to) become quiet, calm and peaceful. He waited for the audience to settle
She settled the baby down at last. laat kalm word
????????? ??????
укротявам (се)
sossegar(-se)
uti?it (se)
falde til ro , , ,
rahunema, rahustama
rauhoittua
menjadi tenang
koma sé róast
(?? ???) ????
nurimti, nuraminti
nomierināt; apklusināt; nomierinā apklust
uspokaja? si?
sossegar(-se)
a (se) calma
utí?i? (sa)
umiriti (se)
umiriti se
[f? att] lugna sig, bli tyst
?????; ???
(使)平靜下來
заспокоюватися
?? ????? ????? ?? ????
tr? nên bình t?nh 2.
to make oneself comfortable. She settled (herself) down in the back of the car and went to sleep. jou gerieflik maak
настанявам (се)
acomodar-se
uvelebit se
sl? sig ned , ,
(end) mugavalt sisse seadma
????? ????
asettautua
udobno se smjestiti
elhelyezkedik, letelepedik
koma sér fyrir
mettersi comodo
?sitaisyti
iekā ierīkoties
meletakkan diri dalam keadaan yang selesa
gemakkelijk gaan zitten
sette seg til rette
uk?ada? si?, usadawia?
????? ????
a se instala (confortabil), a se face confortabil
uvelebi? sa
namestiti se
zavaliti se
sl? sig ner, s?tta (l?gga) sig till r?tta
?????????????
舒適地坐下或躺下
влаштовуватися
??????? ???? ????
làm cho tho?i mái
舒适地坐下(或躺下) 3.
to begin to concentrate on something, eg work. He settled down to (do) his schoolwork. begin
??????????
залавям се с
zabrat se do
g? igang med
στρ?νομαι να κ?νω κτ.
keskenduma
?????? ???
se mettre (sérieusement) à
???????????
???? ??? ?? ????????? ????
latiti se, prihvatiti se ne?ega
hozzáfog vminek
berkonsentrasi
koma sér a? verki
(mettersi sotto a)
身を入れる
pievērsties
mula menumpukan
zich zetten aan
komme i gang med
zabiera? si? powa?nie do
??? ?? ?? ?????
a se pune (serios) pe
pusti? sa do
posvetiti se
skoncentrisati se
??????????????
...-e koyulmak, kendini ...-e vermek
開始專心於某事
заглиблюватися
b?t ??u chú ? vào cái gì settle in to become used to and comfortable in new surroundings.
gewoond raak
???????????? ?????????
свиквам с
estabelecer-se
adaptovat se
??????????? ????, ??????? ??????? ????
useliti se (u ku?u), naviknuti se na (novu okolinu)
berendezkedik
a?lagast ,
apsiprasti
iekā iejusties
menyesuaikan diri
zich thuisvoelen
zainstalowa? si?
a se adapta
осваиваться
adaptova? sa
prilagoditi se
finna sig till r?tta, installera sig
????????????????? ?
適應新環境
влаштуватися на новому м?ст?
?? ???? ??? ???? ?? ????
?n ??nh settle on to agree about or decide.
??????? ???? ????????
спирам се на
dohodnout (se)
sich einigen auf
bestemme sig for , ,
ponerse de acuerdo (sobre)
kokku leppima, otsustama
?? ????? ?????
se mettre d'accord sur
????? ?? ????? ????
dogovoriti se, odlu?iti
d?nt (vki, vmi mellett)
menyetujui
koma sér ni?ur á
????, ????
vienoties par
?????? ?? ?????
a se pune de acord asupra
остановиться на
dohodnú? (sa)
dogovoriti se (glede ?esa)
slo?iti se
best?mma sig f?r
同意,決定
погоджуватися
???? ???? ?? ????? ????
quy?t ??nh
同意,决定 settle up to pay (a bill). He asked the waiter for the bill, and settled up. betaal
???????? ???????
плащам
τακτοποι? λογαριασμ? ,
(?ra) maksma
?????? ????
me?usobno se namiriti, obra?unati
gera upp, borga ,
atsiskaityti, u?simok?ti
norē?ināties
menjelaskan ,
uregulowa? rachunek
betala, g?ra upp
hesab? ?demek
розраховуватися
???? ????? ??? ????
thanh toán hóa ??n settle →
urovnat ordne
hoitaa kuntoon
解決する ???
klara upp ????????
gi?i quy?t settle v. asentar, asegurar.
Want to thank TFD for its existence? , add a link to this page, or visit .
Link to this page:
This last remark made me bashful, and I shook my head and settled down to `Jesse James. I was in the service that I might have something to eat (and solely for that reason), and when last year a distant relation left me six thousand roubles in his will I immediately retired from the service and settled down in my corner. At the barrier the Sagoths clambered up the steep side with truly apelike agility, while behind them the haughty queen rose upon her wings with her two frightful dragons close beside her, and settled down upon the largest bowlder of them all in the exact center of that side of the amphitheater which is reserved for the dominant race. But, all the same, the reader will admit that it must be lonely for me, and not another sister left to take pity on me, all somewhere happily settled down in the Fortunate Isles. More and more visitors came to see him, other monks settled down near his cell, and a church was erected there and also a hostelry. He felt that in the depth of his soul something had been put in its place, settled down, and laid to rest. Why, most likely he'd a settled down in San Francisco--he'd a-had to--an' held onto them three Market street lots, an' bought more lots, of course, an' gone into steamboat companies, an' stock gamblin', an' railroad buildin', an' Comstock-tunnelin'. Luckily Hayward's letters came seldom, and in the intervals Philip settled down again to his industrious life. But I think the conversation never settled down so comfortably as when it turned to the details of the trade which was the other side of the art we practised. He lit his gas-fire and settled down in gloomy patience to await his dinner. On he came, serene, dignified, and calm, until he was abreast of our boat, and there, among the rushes, he eased up, and settled down cosily for the evening. The Chinese militia-soldiers, along with their families, over five millions all told, coolly took possession of French Indo-China and settled down to stay for a few thousand years.
▲settled down▼
settled down
For webmasters:

我要回帖

更多关于 let you down 的文章

随机推荐