who is thejust another boy下载 except you

小题1:C小题2:D小题3:B小题4:A文章阐述了害羞的我如何解决这个问题的。小题1:段落大意题、通读第一段可知这个故事是为了引出话题。小题2:猜测词义题。根据上下文可知他以前曾经很害羞。小题3:细节题。根据文章第三段可知。小题4:推理题。通篇文章都讲述的是如何消除害羞,那么肯定是对害羞的年轻人所说。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
I could have easily gone through life without getting to know one of the most romantic feelings---love for a dog. For at least ten years my 1 &had been suggesting that we get a dog. There were several reasons why the&2 &came up. We had noticed that, on our block, couples with no children as a rule&3 &one large or two small dogs. So we got one puppy (小狗)&4 &we too had no children.He flew into the house with the 5 &of a Formula 1 (一级方程式赛车). In several minutes he ran over all the house,&6 &from my shoulder onto the bed, and ended up in the&7 &, where my wife washed him with&8 &care. From that day on, the invisible(看不见的) 9 &for the love of the new member of our household began at my home.He seemed to&10 &that at once. Most of the meals that my wife had&11 &for him with greater care than those for me—he didn’t&12 &look at them.Every evening I went out walking with him. I could not know who was walking whom&13 &one evening, when, tired from work, I&14 &the walk. The dog was very angry and dragged me out.Last night our dog pulled me by the ear with his teeth,&15 &me up in my dream, and dragged me into the kitchen to make me turn off the&16 &which had disturbed his sleep. I meekly(乖乖地)17 &that I had forgotten to turn off the light, but that was not&18 &. He looked at me like a teacher at a pupil who repeatedly makes&19 .Now we finally know who’s the&20 &at home, and for twenty years we had seriously argued whether it was my wife or I.小题1:A.wifeB.sonC.husbandD.daughter小题2:A.promiseB.chanceC.ideaD.trouble小题3:A.keptB.roseC.carriedD.invited小题4:A.ifB.unlessC.sinceD.before小题5:A.speedB.shapeC.costD.race小题6:A.climbedB.jumpedC.coveredD.stopped小题7:A.yardB.streetC.kitchenD.bathroom小题8:A.friendlyB.motherlyC.naturalD.personal小题9:A.signalB.workC.warD.truth小题10:A.doubtB.understandC.deserveD.inspect小题11:A.reachedB.searchedC.lookedD.prepared小题12:A.evenB.stillC.everD.yet小题13:A.whileB.becauseC.untilD.as小题14:A.gave inB.gave upC.gave awayD.gave out小题15:A.brokeB.wokeC.pickedD.packed小题16:A.waterB.heaterC.cookerD.light小题17:A.hopedB.consideredC.admittedD.decided小题18:A.enoughB.goodC.badD.true小题19:A.plansB.mistakesC.facesD.decisions小题20:A.bossB.memberC.adultD.child
Around twenty years ago I was living in York. &21 &I had a lot of experience and a Master’s degree, I could not find &22 &work.I was &23 &a school bus to make ends meet and &24 &with a friend of mine, for I had lost my flat. I had &25 &five interviews (面试) with a company and one day between bus runs they called to say I did not &26 &the job. “Why has my life become so &27 &?” I thought painfully.As I pulled the bus over to &28 &a little girl, she handed me an earring &29 &I should keep it &30 &somebody claimed (认领) it. The earring was painted black and said “BE HAPPY”.At first I got angry. Then it &31 &me – I had been giving all of my &32 &to what was going wrong with my &33 &rather than what was right! I decided then and there to make a &34 &of fifty things I was happy with. Later, I decided to &35 &more things to the list. That night there was a phone call for &36 &from a lady who was a director at a larger &37 . She asked me if I would &38 &a one-day lecture on stress (压力) management to 200 medical workers. I said yes.My &39 &there went very well, and before long I got a well-paid job. To this day I know that it was because I changed my way of &40 &that I completely changed my life.小题1:A.AsB.ThoughC.IfD.When小题2:A.successfulB.extraC.satisfyingD.convenient小题3:A.drivingB.repairingC.takingD.designing小题4:A.workingB.travellingC.discussingD.living小题5:A.prepared forB.attendedC.asked forD.held小题6:A.loseB.likeC.findD.get小题7:A.hardB.busyC.seriousD.short小题8:A.wave atB.drop offC.call onD.look for小题9:A.orderingB.promisingC.sayingD.showing小题10:A.in caseB.or elseC.as ifD.now that小题11:A.hurtB.hitC.caughtD.moved小题12:A.feelingsB.attentionC.strengthD.interests小题13:A.opinionsB.educationC.experiencesD.life小题14:A.listB.bookC.checkD.copy小题15:A.connectB.turnC.keepD.add小题16:A.herB.a passengerC.meD.my friend小题17:A.hospitalB.factoryC.restaurantD.hotel小题18:A.listen toB.reviewC.giveD.talk about小题19:A.planB.choiceC.dayD.tour小题20:A.operationB.speakingC.employmentD.thinking
Miss Green was watching TV. Suddenly the program stopped. “Now we broadcast an important notice from the &36&: At about nine this evening, an old woman of 79, named Mrs. Humney, was &&&37&&and killed by a robber wearing a green coat. Those who can supply any clue(线索) are requested to &38 &to the police.” The &39 &news made the lonely girl filled with &40 . She couldn’t help looking around. But she didn’t &&41 &that a man was already behind the door.Suddenly the man &42 &before Miss Green. The girl didn’t know what to &&43 . “Just put your necklace on the table, then I’ll &44 &whether I shall be safe to stay here for the night.” said the robber. That made her even more terrified, but she tried to &&45 &herself.Just then there came the whistle of a police car. Then &46 &&the door bell. The man said with a pistol(手枪) &47 &the girl’s back, “Don’t &48 &the door. Never let him in.” But the girl got&&& a(n) &49 . She asked the man outside the door, “Who is it?” “I’m Bull. Is there &50&&unusual here?” “No , there isn’t.” Immediately she added &&51&, “Only &&52 &and I are here.” “Good night.” Bull replied in the same loud voice.A few minutes later, the sound of the &53 &died away. “It’s well done,” the robber laughed. Almost at the same time the glass was &&54 &into pieces. The policemen &55 &into the room and caught the robber.“Miss Green, what you said made us take action right away,” said Bull, “for we know that you have no brother.” 小题1:A.policeB.governmentC.armyD.prison小题2:A.hitB.stolenC.robbedD.cheated小题3:A.announceB.informC.provideD.report小题4:A.terribleB.excitingC.strangeD.funny小题5:A.angerB.fearC.surpriseD.sadness小题6:A.feelB.observeC.hearD.notice小题7:A.cameB.appearedC.walkedD.ran小题8:A.sayB.makeC.doD.deal小题9:A.decideB.considerC.intendD.doubt小题10:A.protectB.scareC.freeD.calm小题11:A.touchedB.switchedC.rangD.struck小题12:A.againstB.atC.toD.on小题13:A.knockB.shutC.leanD.open小题14:A.beliefB.ideaC.helpD.voice小题15:A.anythingB.somethingC.anyoneD.someone小题16:A.excitedlyB.anxiouslyC.loudlyD.bravely小题17:A.my friendB.my neighborC.the robberD.my brother小题18:A.policemanB.police carC.robberD.footsteps小题19:A.turnedB.broughtC.brokenD.changed小题20:A.slippedB.wentC.fellD.hurried
A man hired a taxi outside the airfield.The cab had a woolen carpet with& 36&lace edges.On the glass partition that& 37&the driver's seat was a copy of a famous painting.Its windows were all clean.The customer was very much& 38&and said to the driver,“I've never seen a nicer& 39&.”“Thank you for your praise.”the driver answered& 40&.“The car isn't mine,”said the driver.“It belongs to the company.I used to be a& 41&of cabs.When they returned,all of them were as& 42&as garbage cans with cigarette butts and rubbish& 43&here and there.On the seats and door-handles could be found something& 44&&like peanut sauce or, chewing gum.Why so? I thought if the car itself were very clean the passengers would most& 45&be considerate and refrain from littering.”“So when I got a& 46&to be a taxi-driver,I began& 47&my idea into practice-to tidy and& 48&the car. Now before a new passenger gets on my car,I'd make a cheek and be sure it is in good order.When my car& 49&after a day's work,it always remains& 50&.”When doing a thing,one makes efforts and wants to see the result.To change others,one has to make twice the& 51&but get half the result.To change oneself is the other way round-more fruit with less effort.One had better ask oneself why one makes& 52&on others much more than on oneself.& 53&you take enough care to do as best you can for other people's sake,your efforts will yield results,If you& 54&the inner world of your own,examine yourself and wipe out the dust and dirt,instead of fixing your eyes on other people,you will find a cheerful& 55&for yourself and create a pleasant environment for others.小题1:A.uglyB.excitingC.brilliant D.favorite小题2:A.separatedB.coveredC.protected D.prevented小题3:A.movedB.annoyedC.disappointed D.surprised小题4:A.seatB.carpetC.garage D.cab小题5:A.naturallyB.smilinglyC.hopefully D.firmly小题6:A.driverB.cleanerC.repairer D.customer小题7:A.attractiveB.pleasantC.dirty D.clean小题8:A.spreadB.extendedC.dotted D.1eft小题9:A.funnyB.busyC.sticky D.clumsy小题10:A.likelyB.willinglyC.extremely D.regularly小题11:A.permitB.1icenseC.certificate D.passport小题12:A.putB.takeC.makeD.get小题13:A.provideB.driveC.decorate D.describe小题14:A.speedsB.leavesC.arrives D.returns小题15:A.spotlessB.prettyC.bright D.dirty小题16:A.progressB.effortC.attempt D.trial小题17:A.suggestionsB.commentsC.demands D.decisions小题18:A.ThoughB.WhileC.As D.If小题19:A.look intoB.look forC.look up D.look through小题20:A.spiritB.moodC.mindD.sense
题型:阅读理解
In the more and more competitive service industry, it is no longer enough to promise customer satisfaction. Today, customer "delight" is what companies are trying to achieve in order to keep and increase market share.
It is accepted in the marketing industry, and confirmed by a number of researchers, that customers receiving good service will promote business by telling up to 12 those treated badly tell tales of woe to up to 20 people. Interestingly, 80 percent of people who feel their complaints are handled fairly will stay loyal.
New challenges for customer care have come when people can obtain goods and services through telephone call centers and the Internet. For example, many companies now have to invest (投资) a lot of money in information technology and staff training in order to cope with the "phone rage" -- caused by delays in answering calls, being cut off in mid-conversation or left waiting for long periods. "Many people do not like talking to machines," says Dr. Storey, Senior Lecturer in Marketing at City University Business School. "Banks, for example, encourage staff at call centers to use customer data to establish instant and good relationship with them. The aim is to make the customer feel they know you and that you can trust them -- the sort of comfortable feelings people have during face-to-face chats with their local branch manager." Recommended ways of creating customer delight include: under-promising and over-delivering (saying that a repair will be carried out within five hours, but getting it done within two) replacing a faulty throwing in a gift voucher (购物礼券) as an unexpected "thank you"
and always returning calls, even when they are complaints. Aiming for customer delight is all very well, but if services do not reach the high level promised, disappointment or worse will be the result. This can be eased by offering an apology and an explanation of why the service did not meet usual standards with empathy (for example, "I know how you must feel"), and possible solutions (replacement, compensation or whatever fairness suggests best meets the case). Airlines face some of the toughest challenges over customer care. Fierce competition has convinced them that delighting passengers is an important marketing tool, while there is great potential for customer anger over delays caused by weather, unclaimed luggage and technical problems.For British Airways staff, a winning telephone style is considered vital in handling the large volume of calls about bookings and flight times. They are trained to answer quickly, with their names, job title and a "we are here to help" attitude. The company has invested heavily in information technology to make sure that information is available instantly on screen. British Airways also says its customer care policies are applied within the company and staff are taught to regard each other as customers requiring the highest standards of service.Customer care is obviously here to stay and it would be a foolish company that used slogans such as "we do as we please". On the other hand, the more customers are promised, the greater the risk of disappointment.小题1:We can learn from Paragraph 2 that _______.A.complaining customers are hard to satisfy B.unsatisfied customers receive better serviceC.satisfied customers catch more attentionD.well-treated customers promote business小题2:The writer mentions "phone rage" (Paragraph 3) to show that ________.A.customers often use phones to express their angerB.people still prefer to buy goods onlineC.customer care becomes more demandingD.customers rely on their phones to obtain services小题3:What does the writer recommend to create customer delight?A.Calling customers regular.B.Giving a "thank you" note.C.Delivering a quicker service.D.Promising more gifts.小题4:If a manager should show his empathy (Paragraph 6), what would be probably say?A."I know how upset you must be."B."I appreciate your understanding."C."I'm sorry for the delay."D."I know it's our fault."小题5:Customer delight is important for airlines because ________.A.their telephone style remains unchangedB.they are more likely to meet with complaintsC.the services cost them a lot of moneyD.the policies can be applied to their staff小题6:Which of the following is conveyed in this article?A.Face-to-face service creates comfortable feelings among customers.B.Companies that promise more will naturally attract more customers.C.A company should promise less but do more in a competitive market.D.Customer delight is more important for air lines then for banks.
Plants are very important living things. Life could not go if there were no plants. This is because plants can make food from air, water and sunlight. Animals and man cannot make food from air, water and sunlight. Animals get their food by eating plants and other animals. So animals and man need plants in order to live. This is why we find that there are so many plants around us.If you look carefully at the plants around you, you will find that there are two kinds of plants: flowering plants and non-flowering plants.Flowering plants can make seeds. The seeds are protected by the fruits. Some fruits have one seed, some have two, three or four, and some have many seeds. But a few fruits have no seeds at all. An example of a fruit without seeds is the banana fruit.Most non-flowering plants don’t grow from seeds. They grow from spores. Spores are so small and light that they can float in the air. We may say that spores are quite the same as he seeds. When these spores fall on wet and shady places, they usually grow into new plants.小题1:The main idea of the passage is that&&&&&&.A.plants are important for lifeB.plants cannot grow without airC.there are many plants around usD.we cannot live without water小题2:Which of the following is NOT TRUE?A.Plants can be divided into main types: flowering plants and non-flowering plants.B.All fruits have seeds in them.C.Seeds are protected by the fruits.D.Some plants grow from spores.小题3:The underlined word "non-flowering" means &&&&&&&.A.开花的B.有花的C.多花的D.不开花的小题4:In “shady places” there is &&&&&&&.A.a lot of sunshineB.a lot of waterC.no waterD.little sunshine
The hardworking businessman Jones used to work all day in his shop and so hard-working was he that at times he would make the sparks(火星) fly from his hammer. The son of Mr. Smith, a rich neighbor, used to come to see him every day and for hours and hours he would enjoy himself watching how the man worked. “ Young man, why don’t you try your hand to learn to make shoe tacks (钉) , even if it is only to pass the time ? ” said Jones. “ Who knows, one day, it may be of use to you .” The lazy boy began to see what he could do. But after a little practice he found that he was becoming very skilled and soon he was making some of the finest tacks. Old Mr. Smith died and the son because of the war lost all his goods. He had to leave home and was forced to live in another country. It so happened that in this village there were many shoemakers who were spending a lot of money buying tacks for their shoes and even at times when they paid high prices they were not always able to get what they wanted, because in that part of the country there was a high demand for soldiers’ shoes. Our young Mr. Smith, who was finding it difficult to earn his daily bread, remembered that once upon a time he had learned the art of making tacks and had the sudden idea of making a bargain with the shoemakers. He told them that he would make the tacks if they would help to get him settled in the workshop. The shoemakers were only too glad of the offer. And after a while, Mr. Smith found that he was soon making the finest tacks in the village. “ How funny it seems, ” he used to say, “ even making tacks can make money. My trade is more useful to me than all my former riches.”小题1:The young man learnt to make shoe tacks because ___________.A.his father told him toB.he wanted to learn a skillC.Jones encouraged him toD.he just wanted to pass his time小题2:Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage ?A.Old Mr. Smith enjoyed making the shoe tacks.B.Jones had said the young man must be in need of the skill.C.The higher prices they paid, the more tacks the shoemakers would get.D.The young man earned his living by his skills learnt when he was young.小题3:What can we learn from the story ?A.Practice makes perfect.B.Skill makes life easy.C.A good beginning makes good ending.D.Every man has his gift.
阅读下面的材料,掌握其大意,然后在26 ~ 40各题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项。Once a man came to a wise man’s house and said, “ I have many bad habits. Which one of them should I give up first?” The wise man said, “Never tell lies __1__ always speak the truth.” The man _2_ to do so and went home.At night the man was about to go out to steal. Before setting out, he _3__ for a moment about the promise he made to the wise man. “If he asks me where I have been, what shall I say? Shall I say I went out _4_? No, I cannot say that. But nor can I __5__. If I tell the truth, everyone will start _6__ me and call me a thief. I would be _7__ for stealing.” So the man __8__ not to steal that night, and gave up this bad habit.Next day, he wanted to drink wine. When he was about to do so, he said to himself. “What shall I say to the wise man __9__ he asks me what I did during the day? I cannot tell a lie.” And so he gave up the _10__ of drinking wine.In this __11__, whenever the man thought of doing something bad, he __12__ his promise to tell the truth at all times. One by one, he gave up all his bad habits and became a very __13__ person.Telling the truth is a very good _14__. If you always tell the truth, you can save yourself from a lot of __15__ and become a person whom everyone likes and favors.Make a promise: I shall always speak the truth.小题1:A.soB.forC.andD.or小题2:A.promisedB.happenedC.settledD.began小题3:A.playedB.drankC.thoughtD.slept小题4:A.walkingB.stealingC.studyingD.climbing小题5:A.moveB.sayC.lieD.help小题6:A.hatingB.catchingC.killingD.believing小题7:A.expectedB.hurtC.ignoredD.punished小题8:A.decidedB.forgotC.askedD.pretended小题9:A.beforeB.sinceC.ifD.as小题10:A.idea B.wordC.powerD.use小题11:A.baseB.wayC.placeD.wine小题12:A.recognizedB.plannedC.brokeD.remembered小题13:A.goodB.strongC.richD.calm小题14:A.customB.habitC.gameD.hobby小题15:A.testsB.hopesC.pleasureD.trouble

我要回帖

更多关于 just another boy歌词 的文章

随机推荐