¥100 / ¥100
¥100 / ¥100
¥100 / ¥100
¥100 / ¥100
¥100 / ¥100VOA慢速英语附字幕:特朗普言行或反助民主党人大选获胜_2016年VOA慢速英语_VOA英语网
VOA慢速英语附字幕:特朗普言行或反助民主党人大选获胜
发表时间:内容来源:
Democrats Welcome Run Against Trump
Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders, the Democratic Party candidates for the U.S. presidential nomination, say they welcome opposing Donald Trump in the general election.
Both candidates were asked during the debate Sunday in Flint, Michigan, how they expect to compete against Trump.
Clinton addressed the question by saying she thinks &that Donald Trump&s bigotry, his bullying, his bluster, are not going to wear well on the American people.&
Trump&s campaign slogan is &Make America Great Again.&
Clinton is ready to challenge Trump&s slogan.
&You know, I don't think we need to make America great again,& Clinton said. &America didn't stop being great. We have to make it whole again.&
Sanders, a senator from Vermont, told the CNN panel and the audience: &I think we can beat Trump. & Our campaign is generating an enormous amount of excitement. I think we are exciting working class people, young people who are prepared to stand up and demand that we have a government that represents all of us.&
Clinton and Sanders also debated the water crisis in Flint. Pipes in the city water system were lined with lead and the water dangerous and toxic. Both Clinton and Sanders demanded Michigan Governor Rick Snyder should resign.
The candidates also debated gun control, trade agreements, environment and mental health.
Clinton leads Sanders in the number of delegates who have said they will vote for her at the party convention. The convention is where the candidate is decided by the delegates.
Clinton has at least 1,123 delegates. Sanders can claim 484 delegates.
A total of 2,383 delegates are needed to claim the Democratic nomination. Close to 4,000 Democratic delegates are available.
I&m Jim Dresbach.
News reported on this story. Jim Dresbach adapted the report for Learning English. Kathleen Struck was the editor.
We want to hear from you. Write to us in the Comments Section or visit our Facebook page.
bluster & n. voice or personality that blows loudly or violently
slogan & n. a word or saying that is easy to remember and is used by a group or business to increase recognition
toxic & adj. containing harmful or poisonous substances
convention - n. a meeting or conference
来自: 文章地址:
Latest News论坛精彩内容
 -  -  -  -  -  -
Copyright &
All Rights Reserved2016年6月英语四级听力VOA慢速英语练习(第七套)
无忧考网为您整理了“2016年6月英语四级听力VOA慢速英语练习(第七套)”,方便广大网友查阅!更多大学英语四六级考试相关信息请访问。
2016年6月英语四级听力VOA慢速英语练习(第七套)
  Just a week before the Iowa caucuses, which mark the beginning of the U.S. presidential election process, both Republican and Democratic candidates are rallying for voter support in the state.
  Election results in Iowa and two weeks later in New Hampshire may signal which candidate has the best chance of winning the November election.
  Donald Trump is still ahead on the Republican side, while Hillary Clinton faces a tough race with rival Bernie Sanders.
  Front-runner status
  Trump has held a steady lead in the Republican race, despite controversial statements, offensive remarks and what many consider insufficient knowledge of current and foreign affairs. His front-runner status has led him to brag that he is unstoppable.
  "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue (in New York City) and shoot somebody and I would not lose any voters," he said over the weekend while campaigning.
  One reason for his popularity is Trump's tough stance on illegal immigrants.
  “With the economy what it is in this country, we can’t afford to give our jobs away to people that are here and not willing to go through the process of coming legally," Trump supporter Donna Nichols said.
  Despite his braggadocio, Trump acknowledged that a win in Iowa is important. "It's crunch time, folks. I wanna win Iowa, I wanna really win it."
  Texas Senator Ted Cruz lags behind Trump by more than 10 percent but hopes he can make a difference in Iowa.
  "If we stand as 'We the people,' that we will bring back, we will restore that last, best hope for mankind -- that shining city on a hill that is the United States of America," Cruz told supporters.
  Matching Clinton's support
  On the Democratic side, Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders appears to be gaining support that is matching Clinton's in some places. He enjoys a lot of support among young voters who are tired of politics as usual.
  "They want this country to mov they want to be part of a political revolution," Sanders said.
  He has criticized the growing income inequality in the United States and the influence of money on politics.
  "He is not funded by big companies. He is funded by private donors. I mean, Hillary Clinton is a Democrat but she is also, like, playing the game. She is funded by all these companies, so I am not for that as much," Sanders supporter student Bailey Baack said.
  Reports from New York say that city's former mayor, Michael Bloomberg, may join the presidential race if Sanders becomes a threat to Clinton.
  The billionaire, listed as one of the world's richest people, said he would fund his own campaign and run as an independent.
作文预测:
作文模板:
CET4考试:
成绩查询:
CET4真题:
CET4答案:

我要回帖

更多关于 trump vs clinton 的文章

随机推荐