【下载此资源需要登录并付出 0 点,】
资料概述与简介
沈阳铁路实验中学—2015学年度下学期期中考试
时间:100分钟
总分:120分
第一部分 阅读理解(共两节,满分40分)
第一节 (共15小题,每小题2分,满分30分)
从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
(容忍) a few living in the basement. Mamma was a city girl and she said a cricket was just too noisy. Then to prove her point she wouldn't go to bed. She drank coffee and smoked my father's cigarettes and paced between the sofa and the TV. Next morning she threatened to pack up and leave,so Dad drove to the store and hurried back. He sprayed (喷射) poison from a jug. When he was finished he told us that was the end of it.
For a couple of weeks we went back to find dead crickets in the laundry. He suggested that we'd all be better off to hide as many as we could from Mamma. I fed a few dozen to the cat who I didn't like because it scratched for no reason.
However,soon live crickets started showing up in the kitchen and bathroom. Mamma was upset because she thought the dead crickets came back,but Dad said these were certainly new ones. He fetched his jug of poison and sprayed all over until the whole house smelled of poison,and then he sprayed the basement again.
A couple of weeks later,when both live and dead crickets kept turning up,Dad emptied the basement of junk. Then he burned a lot of old newspapers and magazines which he said the crickets had turned into nests.
While we ate supper that evening,the wind lifted some flames onto the wood pile. The only gasoline was in the lawn mower's(割草机) fuel tank but that was enough to create an explosion big enough to reach the house. Once the roof caught fire,there wasn't much anyone could do.
After the fire truck left,Mamma took the others to Aunt Gail's. I helped Dad and Uncle Burt carry things out of the house and pile them by the road. We worked into the night and we didn't talk much,while all around the noise of crickets broke our silence.
1.What do we know about the author's mother?
A.She didn't like insects at all.
B.She liked insects more than his father.
C.She cared for insects very much.
D.She could only tolerate a few insects.
2.The author fed a few dozen crickets to the cat probably to ________.
A.make his mother happy
B.help his mother clear away the crickets
C.play with the cat
D.harm the cat
3.The author's father burned the old newspapers and magazines because he thought ________.
A.they were no longer useful
B.the crickets were afraid of fire
C.they became the home of crickets D.the dead crickets came back to life
4.We learn from the last paragraph that ________.
A.the author's parents broke up.
B.the author's parents learned to get along with insects
C.the author's family didn't suffer much in the fire
D.the author's family lost their battle against the crickets
Confucius was born in today’s Qufu in Shandong Province in 551 BC. His family was far from being wealthy. But he was a hard-working pupil even in his childhood. As a young man of a little over twenty, he became a small official of the state. Since he was very knowledgeable and serious in work, he had become quite well-known by the time he turned thirty. Confucius had been to many of the states of the time, trying to make his political views accepted by the rulers in running their states. But they turned a d deaf ear to his views and opinions. As a result, Confucius made up his mind to devote all his energies to education. When people learned about this, many of them sent their children to him to be educated. They were accepted and so Confucius became the first man in the history of Chinese education to start a private school.
Yan Hui, a young man of humble origin, wanted to be accepted as Confucius’s student. But the family was so poor that they even had difficulty providing themselves with daily necessities. He was afraid he would be rejected as he could not afford the tuition(学费) One day he came to where Confucius was giving lectures and overheard Confucius say, “I’m ready to accept anyone that can bring 10 pieces of preserved meat for tuition, whatever his origin” Greatly heartened by this, Yan Hui hurried back home and told his friends Zi Lu and Zi Gong about it. A few days later, all three became Confucius’s students.
Confucius was a dedicated educator, having accepted a total of 3,000 students in his life, of whom 72 were outstanding scholars. Through educational work, Confucius succeeded in spreading his political views, which eventually became an independent school of thought and had an impact on China for thousands of years.
5. Confucius had become very famous by the time he turned thirty because ______.
A. he had rich knowledge and took his work seriously
B. he was a hard-working pupil when he was young.
C. many people in the government knew him well
D. his political view had been widely accepted
6. The underlined phrase “turned a deaf ear to” in the first paragraph probably means “______”.
A. were willing to accept something
B. refused to listen to someone
C. gave away something important to others.
D. made someone’s ear deaf
7. From the last part of the first paragraph, we can learn that _____.
A. nobody hoped to send their children to school then
B. Confucius was the first person to start education for all in China
C. Confucius was happy to work in the government
D. Confucius started his school with the help of the government
8. Which of the following statements is NOT true according the passage?
A. Confucius used to work for the government.
B. Confucius made his political views known through educational work.
C. Some young men failed to be accepted by Confucius because of their poor origin.
D. Confucius political views had a great effect on China
Just as music and lighting can influence what shoppers buy, turning down the tunes and dimming(变昏暗)the lights in a fast food restaurant can help diners enjoy their meal more and eat less, according to a U.S.study.
After transforming part of a fast food restaurant in Illinois with milder music and lighting, researchers found that customers ate 18 percent fewer calories than other people in the unmodified (未调整的)part of the restaurant "When we softened the lights and the music in the restaurant, it didn’t change what people ordered, but what it did do was lead them to eat less and make them more satisfied and happier," said Brian Wansink, a professor of marketing and consumer(消费者) behavior at Cornell University in New York.
During their experiment, after seating customers in both the original and restyled sections of the restaurant, they timed how long their meal lasted and how many calories they consumed.Customers in the modified section ate longer than those in the main dining area, consumed fewer calories and rated the food as more enjoyable. "These results suggest that a more relaxed environment increases satisfaction and decreases consumption," Wansink added.
About one in three adults and one in six children and teens in the United States is obese(肥胖), according to government figures."If softer music and softer lighting seem to get people to eat less in a fast food situation, why not try the same thing at home?" said Wansink.
9.What's the main purpose of the passage?
A.To give advice on dining out.
B.To introduce a recent research.
C.To show the magic power of music. D.To call on people to deal with obesity.
10.With softened lights and music, diners won't_____.
A.eat less food
B.feel more satisfied
C.order different dishes
D.have a longer dining time
11.Wansink carried out his research mainly by_____.
A.asking restaurant owners
B.following diners’ advice
C.watching diners’ table manners
D.making comparisons
12.By suggesting readers to try milder music and lighting at home, the author is in fact offering a way of____.
A.losing weight
B.reducing electricity consumption
C.avoiding eating outside
D.testing whether the study is right or not
Low-Cost Gifts for Mother's Day
Gift No. 1
Offer to be your mother's health friend. Promise to be there for any and all doctor's visits whether a disease or a regular medical check-up. Most mothers always say “no need,” but another set of eyes and ears is always a good idea at a doctor's visit. The best part? This one is free.
Gift No. 2
Help your mother organize all of her medical records, which include the test results and medical information. Put them all in one place. Be sure to make a list of all of her medicines and what time she takes them. “Having all this information in one place could end up saving your mother's life,”Dr Marie Savard said.
Gift No. 3
Enough sleep is connected to general health conditions. “Buy your mother cotton sheets and comfortable pillows to encourage better sleep,” Savard said. “We know that good sleep is very important to our health.”
Gift No. 4
Some gift companies such as Presents for Purpose allow you to pay it forward this Mother's Day by picking gifts in which 10 percent of the price you pay goes to a charity. Gift givers can choose from a wide variety of useful but inexpensive things—many of which are “green”—and then choose a meaningful charity from a list. When your mother gets the gift, she will be told that she has helped the chosen charity.
13.What are you advised to do for your mother at doctor's visits?
A. Take notes.
B. Buy medicine.
C. Be with her.
D. Give her gifts.
14.What can be a gift of organization for your mother?
A.Keeping her medical information together.
B.Buying all gifts for her from one company.
C.Making a list of her medical check-ups.
D.Storing her medicines in a safe place.
15.Buying gifts from Presents for Purpose allows mothers to________.
A. enjoy good sleep
B. be well-organized
C. get extra support
D. give others help
第二节 (共5小题;每小题2分,满分10分)
根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中的两项为多余选项。
※(注:选E涂AB; 选F涂AC; 选G涂AD)
Eyesight plays a very important role in our daily life. Every waking moment, the eyes are working to see the world around us. Over forty percent of Americans worry about losing eyesight, but it's easy to include steps into our daily life to ensure healthy eyes. Here are five suggestions for a lifetime of healthy eyesight: o Schedule yearly exams. __ 16 ___
Experts advise parents to bring babies 6 to 12 months of age to the doctor for a careful check. The good news is that millions of children now can have yearly eye exams and following treatment, including eyeglasses. o Protect against UV rays (紫外线). Long-term stay in the sun creates risk to your eyes. No matter what the season is, it's extremely important to wear sunglasses. ___ 17___
﹒Give your eyes a break. Two-thirds of Americans spend up to seven hours a day using computers or other digital products.
___ 18 ___
Experts recommend that people practice the 20/20/20 rule: every 20 minutes, take a 20-second break and look at something 20 feet away. o ___ 19___ As part of a healthy diet, eat more fruits and vegetables each day. Vitamins (维生素) C and E help protect eyesight and promote eye health. o
Practice safe wear and care of contact lenses (隐形眼镜). Many Americans use contact lenses to improve their eyesight. While some follow the medical guidance for wearing contact lenses, many are breaking the rules and putting their eyesight at risk.
Otherwise, you may have problems such as red eyes, pain in the eyes, or a more serious condition. A. Eat your greens. B. They can properly protect your eyes.
C. Eye care should begin early in life. D. Stay in good shape by taking more vitamins. E. People usually don?t care about their own eyesight. F. Always follow the doctor?s advice for proper wear. G. This frequent eye activity increases the risk for eye tiredness.
第二部分 英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)
第一节 完型填空 (共20小题,每小题1.5分,满分30分) It was a mid-April—a time ___21___ the planet Earth turns under the hot rays of the sun. There was a large desert in Africa with no sign of ___22___ except a little rose. There was not a bird or tree in ___23___ .The sand dunes became piles of burning coal as the days ___24___ .But the little rose successfully the ___25___ cruelty(残酷) of sun. The sun was very ___26___ to have seen the rose’s ability to ___27___ such terrible conditions.
One afternoon,the sun said to the little ___28___,“Dear Rose!I am the strongest in this universe. I have the ___29___ to give and take life. Thousands of living things die every day,as they are not able to bear my heat. But,you have been weathering(经受得住) even my hottest rays ___30___ any complaint. May I know the source that gave you this huge ___31___?”
“Oh,mighty Sun,” the little rose said ___32__ ,“I don’t know much about this desert. But it appears ___33___ and there seems to be no one else in the whole world my eye could reach. I began to feel ___34___for the loneliness of this desert and ___35___ to help it as much as I could. And in this process,I never ___36___anything that caused pain to me. My whole ___37___ has been to be a good friend to this desert and ___38___ its loneliness.”
___39___ by the little rose’s care for the large desert,the sun offered a(n) ___40___- millions of other roses that filled the desert with their sweet smells and thus turned the entire desert into a great oasis(绿洲)of life.
21. A. when
22. A. history
23. A. silence
D. trouble
24. A. get through
B. set down
C. came up
D. passed on
25. A. stood
C. appreciate
D. forecast
26. A. pleased
B. surprised
C. disappointed D. frightened
27. A. remove
C. improve
D. survive
28. A. child
29. A. power
30. A. with
C. through
D. without
31. A. energy
C. strength
D. success
32. A. gently
B. thankfully
C. fluently
33. A. small
34. A. unfortunate
35. A. refused
B. decided
D. promised
36. A. experienced
B. collected
D. occurred
37. A. courage
B. bravery
C. kindness
D. concern
38. A. play jokes on
B. pick up
C. get rid of
D. pay attention to
39. A. Attracted
B. Touched
C. Injured
D. Educated
40. A. expense
(请在答题纸上)
(共10小题,每小题1.5分,满分15分)
在空白处填入适当的内容(不多于3个单词)或括号内单词的正确形式。How was it that Hollywood came to be the place everyone associates with the American film industry?
In 1887, Harvey Wilcox bought a house and all the 41______________(surround) land on a hillside in southern California. His wife overheard a woman talk on a train about her summer house, 42______________ she called “Hollywood”. Mrs Wilcox liked the name so much 43_____________ she decide to give her new home the same name. Mr. Wilcox then built other houses on his land and used the name for 44._____________ whole community.
Between 1908 and 1913 something else happened. A large number of independent film 45___________ (company) began moving to southern California for two main reasons. Firstly, they were having problems with the 46_____________ (large), more powerful studios(电影制片厂) in New York. Secondly, they were attracted by the 47____________ (sun) climate, which let them film throughout the year without the need for expensive lighting.
Only one studio was actually set 48. _____________ in Hollywood itself, because the local people took measures 49_____________ (prevent) any more from arriving. The other studios that came to the area were all built outside Hollywood. In spite of that, by 1915 “Hollywood” 50.______________ (become) familiar as a term for the movie business as a whole
第三部分:写作(共两节,满分35分)
第一节: 短文改错(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
文中共有10处语言错误,每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。增加:在缺词处下加一个漏子符号(/\),并在其下面写出该加的词。删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。
注意:1. 每处错误仅限1词;2. 只允许修改10处,多者(从第11处起)不计分。Dear Manager,
I am an exchange student from China. Yesterday, I went to your cinema to see a film. Although the film was very good, but I did not enjoy it because there were some problem in the cinema. First, the film was delayed as there were so much advertisements at the beginning. It was rather annoyed. Second, the sound of the film was too loud that I could hardly bear it. The EXIT signs can not be seen clearly, which presented some safety hazards(隐患). If something terribly should happen, it would be difficult for people get out quickly. As a visitor to your city, I’m disappointed with your experience in your cinema. I am writing a letter hoping that you can consider these problems and make some improvements.
Yours faithfully,
第二节:书面表达(满分25分)
’m a student at a middle school of Liaoning. __________________________________________
___________________________________________________________________________________
___________________________________________________________________________________
___________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________
沈阳铁路实验中学学年度下学期高一期中考试
高一英语答题纸第三部分:写作(共两节,满分35分)
第一节: 短文改错(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
※文中共有10处语言错误,每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。增加:在缺词处下加一个漏子符号(/\),并在其下面写出该加的词。删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。
注意:1. 每处错误仅限1词;2. 只允许修改10处,多者(从第11处起)不计分。
Dear Manager,
I am an exchange student from China. Yesterday, I went to your cinema to see a film. Although the film was very good, but I did not enjoy it because there were some problem in the cinema. First, the film was delayed as there were so much advertisements at the beginning. It was rather annoyed. Second, the sound of the film was too loud that I could hardly bear it. The EXIT signs can not be seen clearly, which presented some safety hazards(隐患). If something terribly should happen, it would be difficult for people get out quickly. As a visitor to your city, I’m disappointed with your experience in your cinema. I am writing a letter hoping that you can consider these problems and make some improvements.
Yours faithfully,
座位号___________
第二节:书面表达(满分25分)’m a student at a middle school of Liaoning. ______________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
沈阳铁路实验中学高一期中考试
英语试卷答案
第一部分 阅读理解
9—12 BCDA
13—15 CAD
16—20 CBGAF
第二部分 英语知识运用
第一节 完型填空
21—25 ACBDA
26—30BDCAD 31—35CADCB
36—40ADCBD
41. surrounding
45.companies
50. had become
第三部分:写作
第一节: 短文改错
【小题1】去掉
【小题2】problem-problems
【小题3】much-many
【小题4】annoyed-annoying
【小题5】too-so
【小题6】can-could
【小题7】terribly-terrible
【小题8】people后面加to
【小题9】your--my
【小题10】(最后一句中) a-the
第二节:书面表达
Dear Editor,
I’m a student at a middle school of Liaoning. I’m writing to express my views concerning the environment in my hometown. My hometown used to be a beautiful place. Thick forests and green grass could be seen everywhere. However, in order to build houses and grow more crops, people there cut down more and more trees. As time went by, the forests were seriously destroyed. Besides, because of climate changes it rains little now. As a result, sandstorms occur frequently, from which people suffer a lot. To prevent the process of desertification, I hope all the people can take good care of the forests and plant more trees. Then our living conditions will be improved little by little.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you.
高考学习网-中国最大高考学习网站 | 我们负责传递知识!
其他相关资源
友情链接:
Copyright &2006 - 2015 高考学习网版权所有. All Rights Reserved. 京ICP证100390号

我要回帖

更多关于 沈阳铁路实验中学 的文章

随机推荐