I will strive toi do my bestt!

What does race have to do with achieving the American Dream? – Cafferty File -
02:44 PM ET
Share this on:
FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:
Turns out the American Dream may not be for everyone.
A new report by the Pew Charitable Trusts shows that a family's race, economic background and neighborhood play a role in economic mobility.
The study finds that while 84% of Americans have higher incomes than their parents did at the same age, those born at the top and bottom of the income ladder are likely to stay there.
When it comes to race, African-Americans are less likely to top their parents' income and wealth than whites are. And blacks are more likely to be stuck at the bottom of the ladder or fall out of the middle.
This study couldn't even measure black mobility in the upper income levels because the number was too small.
Meanwhile here's another piece to the wealth inequality puzzle:
Recent Census Bureau data shows that white Americans have 22 times more wealth than blacks. Twenty-two times.
In 2010 the median household net worth for whites was about $111,000 compared to less than $5,000 for blacks.
Whites also have 15 times more wealth than hispanics.
This wealth inequality is due to many factors including the implosion of the real estate market along with higher unemployment rates among minority groups.
Statistics like these are one of the many reasons why President Obama is such an historical figure.
He is america's first ever African-American president - with a background that certainly wasn't privileged. But Mr. Obama is the exception, not the rule.
And the rule is, if you're born poor, you're probably going to stay that way.
Here’s my question to you: What does race have to do with achieving the American Dream?
Tune in to the Situation Room at 5pm to see if Jack reads your answer on air.
And, we love to know where you’re writing from, so please include your city and state with your comment.
Follow this Blog:
on Twitter
Would you ride in a car that drives itself?
2016 buzz gets louder. Is she the answer?
sex scandal and online privacy. Don’t think it couldn't happen to youLC Sele oom 4pm
secession petition gets 100,000 signatures. Should the
be allowed to withdraw from U.S.?
Fiscal cliff = “Thelma & Louise”? We’ve seen this movie beD6aG1tyFiitRoom at 4pm ET
Recent Posts
Top Topics
<nWidgetBaseURI = "http://i./cnn/.element/widget"; var cnn_sharebarconfig={"url":"http:\/\/n.com\/\/what-does-race-have-to-do-with-achieving-the-american-dream\/","analytics":"o","platform":"d","instances":2,"getUpdatedURL":"","plugincodes":{"facebook":"","googleplus":"","twitter":"

我要回帖

更多关于 i will try my best 的文章

随机推荐