求分析句子the codenamess of as many of the following as you can

根据首字母提示完成短文
Peading newspapers has becoming an important p&part of our everyday life.Many people read newspapers a&as the first thing to do in the morning,and others read newspapers as soon as they are free during the day so that&they can learn what is h&happening in the world.
&& Sometimes,however,we do not have e&enough time to read all the news carefully,so we just take a quick loat other times,we may be in such a h&hurry that we only have a few minutes to look at the names of the passages.
&&& Newspapers can be found everywhere in the world.We can get many different kinds of newspapers in the big cities,of course,but in some of the mountain v&villages we can see few newspapers.
&& Some newspapers are poblished o&once a week,but most of the newspapers are published once a day with many pages,some even published twice a day! As you know different people e&enjoy reading different newspapers.Some like sports news.some like economic news and others prefer short stories. They just choose what they are i&interested in.
&&& Today newspapers in English have the l&largest number of readers in the world.[切换科目]
以下试题来自:
单项选择题{{B}}TEXT B{{/B}}
In an article some Chinese scholars are
described as being "tantalized by the mysterious dragon bone hieroglyphics."
Tantalized is one of many English words that have their origins in myths and
legends of the past (in this case, Greek and Roman ones). The meaning of the
verb tantalize is a very particular one : "to promise or show something
desirable to a person a to tease by arousing hope." Many
(but not all) English dictionaries give you a brief indication of a word’s
origins in brackets before or after the explanation of the meaning. For
tantalize the following explanation is given: [>Tantalus]. This means that you
should look up the name Tantalus to find out the word’s origins, and if you do,
you will find out that in Greek mythology, Tantalus was a king who was punished
in the lower world with etern he was put up to his chin in
water that always moved away when he tried to drink it and with fruit on
branches above him placed just a little bit out of his reach. Can you see why
his name was changed into a verb meaning "to tease or torment by arousing
Another example is the word siren, familiar to us as
the mechanical device that makes such an alarming sound when police cars,
ambulances, or fire engines approach. This word also has its origins in Greek
mythology. The traveler Odysseus (Ulysses to the Romans) made his men plug their
ears so that they wouldn’t hear the dangerous voices of the sirens, creatures
who were half bird and half woman and who lured sailors to their deaths on sharp
rocks. So the word came to be associated both with a loud sound and with
When someone speaks of a "jovial mood" or a "herculean
effort," he or she is using words with origins in mythology. Look these words up
to find their meaning and relationship to myths.
Many common
words, such as the names for the days of the week and the months of the year,
also come from mythology. Wednesday derives from the ancient Norse king of the
gods, Woden, and Thursday was originally Thor’s day, in honour of Thor, the god
of thunder. As a matter of fact, all the planets, except the one we live on,
bear names that come from Roman mythology, including the planet that is farthest
away from the sun and for that reason was called after the Roman god of the
dead. This god has also given his name to one of the chemical elements. Several
other elements have names that come from mythology, too.
seems that myths and legends live on in the English
language.Which of the following can best serve as the title of the passage A.Greek and Roman Mythology in Language.B.Mythological Origins of English Words.C.Historical Changes in Word Meanings.D.Mythology and Common Words.
为您推荐的考试题库
你可能感兴趣的试题
1A.andB.butC.yetD.or2A.hatredB.discriminationC.toleranceD.diversity3A.had been usedB.are usedC.would be usedD.would have been used4A.insecurityB.sense of failureC.public speakingD.pressure5A.Jovial.B.Wednesday.C.Earth.D.March.
热门相关试卷
最新相关试卷Read as much as you can.But your reading must be active,it means that you must think about the meaning of the sentence,the meaning of the unfamiliar words,ect. 的翻译是:您可以尽量多阅读。但你的阅读必须处于活动状态,这意味着您必须考虑句子,不熟悉的单词,ect 的含义的意思。 中文翻译英文意思,翻译英语
请在下面的文本框内输入文字,然后点击开始翻译按钮进行翻译,如果您看不到结果,请重新翻译!
Read as much as you can.But your reading must be active,it means that you must think about the meaning of the sentence,the meaning of the unfamiliar words,ect.
选择语言:从
罗马尼亚语
罗马尼亚语
读取尽可能多的为您can.But您的阅读,必须积极,这意味着,你必须思考句子的意思,冷僻字的含义,ECT。
您可以尽量多阅读。但你的阅读必须处于活动状态,这意味着您必须考虑句子,不熟悉的单词,ect 的含义的意思。
您可以尽量多阅读。但你的阅读必须处于活动状态,这意味着您必须考虑句子,不熟悉的单词,ect 的含义的意思。
你可以看到多达.但你读必须积极,这意味着你必须认为对其含义的这句话的含义不太熟悉的字」等。
读和您一样多能。但您的读书一定是活跃的,它意味着您必须考虑句子的意思,不熟悉的词的意思, ect。
相关内容&aman eaters 食人者 & athroigh throigh & awhat do you think of the movie we saw last nigh? 你认为电影怎么样我们锯前在附近? & a王郦萌 Wang Limeng & aon sunday morning 在星期天早晨 & adevice options 设备选择 & aIm ok thanks you Im好感谢您 & a本稿は,南宋後期浙東を代表する思想家である黄震を分析対象とする。黄震に関する従来の研究は,彼の朱子学思想に関するもの九考証学に関するもの刊史学思想に関するもの九政治活動(社倉法など〉に関するものぺに大別できる。これらの研究を通して,黄震は,歴史研究?文献考証に精通し,朱子学においても一家言を持ち,社倉法の実践?改革などにも精力的に取り組んだ思想家,といった人物として描かれている。 正在翻译,请等待...
& ao In charge of all Clients and Staffs conflicts resolutions. o 负责所有客户和职员冲突解决方案。 & a品的不好,即使服用珍贵的药物也无法长寿 Is not good, even if takes the precious medicine to be also unable the longevity & a记住改记住的,忘记改忘记的,改变能改变的,接受不能改变的。。。 Remembers changes remembers, forgot changes forgets, the change can change, accepts cannot change.。。 & aif you do not have this disc, contact you system administrator or coputer manunfacturer for assistance. 如果您没有这个圆盘,与您联系系统管理员或coputer manunfacturer为协助。 & aYou are the most beautiful
in my life. 您是最美丽的在我的生活中。 & a青春期是人生中一个重要的阶段,青春的我们承担着一份厚重与博大,也承载着一份让人为之奋斗的责任. The puberty is in the life an important stage, youth we undertakes one to be sincere and to be great, also load bearing is letting the human for it struggle responsibility. & astill i dont know what happened to you 仍然我不知道什么发生在您身上 & a只跟爱人做爱 Only makes love with the spouse & a因此,对财务风险的成因及其防范进行研究、控制、提高效益,掌握好有关财务风险的基本内容,学会如何有效地利用财务杠杆工具,防范财务风险,了解风险的来源和特征,正确预测、衡量财务风险,进行适当的控制和防范,健全风险管理机制,就可能将损失降至最低程度,为企业创造最大的收益。本文系统分析了企业财务风险的成因,结合当前企业财务环境的特点,提出了一系列防范和控制企业财务风险的举措,其目的是帮助企业改善经营管理,加强财务风险管理,提高经济效益。 Therefore, conducts the research, the control to the financial risk origin and the guard, enhances the benefit, grasps the good related financial risk the basic content, how the academic society uses the financial release lever tool effectively, the guard finance risk, understood the risk the origin & aNo way! Unless I want to die! 没门! 除非我想要死! & a独立完成 The independence completes & a应该是宝贝 Should be the treasure & a愿你得到一份真正的感情 Is willing you to obtain a true sentiment & a赚的钱就是用来花的,我觉得和你交朋友,学习这门语言是我的荣幸,金钱是身外之物 Gains the money uses for the flower, I thought becomes friends with you, studies this language is my being honored, the money is the things & a我能睡懒觉 I can have a long lazy sleep & a我的世界只有我自己 My world only then I & ainterventional fellow course interventional家伙路线 & a预计估价对象未来的正常净收益(或租金净收益) Estimate estimate object future normal net income (or rent net income) & a外语学院大楼 Institute of foreign languages building & a我想我举不起这辆自行车 I thought I cannot lift this bicycle & a和你的爱人做爱,我的上帝,一个空虚的夜晚 Makes love with yours spouse, my God, a void night & a你们还有这样的课程? You also have such curriculum? & a我感到很惊奇的是那计划竟然成功了 null & ar
Weiman r 名字 郑Weiman & aAddress 2 (optional) 地址2 (任意) & a能不能告诉我减少哪些尺寸.哪些颜色.多少数量 Which sizes can tell me to reduce. Which colors. How many quantities & a伤心的事情 Sad matter & a他似乎没多少朋友。 He as if does not have how many friends. & a想买就买 正在翻译,请等待...
& a不少学校顺应时代需要建设了校园网,并连入了互联网,开始了网络教学的尝试。开展网络教学有何意义?它对学校教学将会带来什么影响?当前开展网络教学应注意些什么?本文想就这些问题作初步的探讨。 Many schools complied with the time needed to construct the campus net, and Lian Ru the Internet, started the network teaching attempt.The development network teaching has what significance? What will it be able to bring to the school teaching to affect? What should the current development network t & a我到底再为什么而活着? 正在翻译,请等待...
alive! 不要 抱怨任何! 只有您活! & aMAGICAL US 不可思议的美国 & aIf You Come To Me-Atomic Kitten 正在翻译,请等待...
& a我们都知道太阳是从东边升起的 We all knew the sun is raises from east side & a贵妃醉酒 Noble concubine alcoholic intoxication & awomen aer three times more likely to develop depression in reaction to the stress in their life 妇女aer三倍可能开发消沉在反应到重音在他们的生活中 & awhat time in bejing? 什么时候在bejing ? & a他犯如此多的错误老师不喜欢他 He violates so many wrong teachers not to like him & amany students know hundrends of ga 许多学生知道hundrends & a长大当一名老师 The coarsening works as a teacher & a以...为骄傲 By…For arrogant & aC 通信; & athere will be another 将有另 & ai want to be rich when
grow up 我决定了对studyhard & ahe is always getting for trouble with others 正在翻译,请等待...
& a以什么为骄傲 Take any as arrogant & a1st couple hundred days grace 第1对夫妇一百几天雍容 & aRead as much as you can.But your reading must be active,it means that you must think about the meaning of the sentence,the meaning of the unfamiliar words,ect. 读和您一样多能。但您的读书一定是活跃的,它意味着您必须考虑句子的意思,不熟悉的词的意思, ect。 &英语句子翻译 求解As more of these direct marketing and telephone "shots" are used both in Britain and the USA, many people regard them as a nuisance and ask for their names to be taken off the mailing lists, which are often sold by one company to another. 
紫兰梦惜0155
叫你打电话
随着越来越多的这些直销和电话的“枪”在英国和美国,许多人把它们作为一个滋扰,并询问他们的名字被取下的邮件列表,这往往是一个公司到另一个销售的。
随着这些直接的市场调研和打电话调查的手段在大不列颠和美国被用得越来越多,很多人已经把它们当成一种讨厌的事,并要求从邮寄列表上去掉自己的名字,而这些列表往往由一个公司出售给另一个公司。
随着更多的直销和电话的“镜头”是在英国和在美国,许多人将其视为滋扰,要求将其姓名从邮件列表,这往往是由一家公司出售给另一个。
为您推荐:
扫描下载二维码

我要回帖

更多关于 baby names 的文章

随机推荐