she a( )go out and welcomtake me out

Welcome to a new era of transparency between parents and their kids - Macleans.caDoes she like me?
Ok.My sister introduced me to her best friends sister at an event and we exchanged number.We chatted for a while and one night she told me she was betrothed and she likes the guy but also sometime afterwards she told me she's been seeing someone.I just continued to chat with her and her sister kept telling my sister that the girl keeps telling her how I'm such a cool guy.so about two weeks ago the girl invited me to her brother's graduation although her sister had invited the whole of my family already.when I arrived at the event she was going out I expected a handshake but she hugged me and held on for about a second too long but introduced me to her aunt as her brother.we met later in the night she was insisting I hold her hand as we walked.The next week she was suggesting that she would be in town so I told her I'd see her before she leaves but it was just briefly.I'm not sure if she's sending me signals.help please
Page 1 of 1
Hi there and welcome.&&In all honesty, I got a little lost with the sister, brother discussion as to who exactly this is.&&But, in general, she does sound somewhat interested or at the very least quite fond of you.&&She may think you are a 'cool guy' as in a friend but you'll never know unless you ask if she'd like to go out on a date.&&Then take her out if she says yes.&&If she says no thanks, then you have your answer.&&good luck (Ps:&&taking risks is an important part of life.)
Hi there and welcome.&&In all honesty, I got a little lost with the sister, brother discussion as to who exactly this is.&&But, in general, she does sound somewhat interested or at the very least quite fond of you.&&She may think you are a 'cool guy' as in a friend but you'll never know unless you ask if she'd like to go out on a date.&&Then take her out if she says yes.&&If she says no thanks, then you have your answer.&&good luck (Ps:&&taking risks is an important part of life.)
Thanks for your response.I'll take my chances tonight and tell her I like her.You can't win the lottery unless you buy the ticket.
Thanks for your response.I'll take my chances tonight and tell her I like her.You can't win the lottery unless you buy the ticket.
Yep!&&That's true and a good way of putting it.&&good luck and let us know what she says and if you two get a date set up!
Yep!&&That's true and a good way of putting it.&&good luck and let us know what she says and if you two get a date set up!
With all due respect, I think I'd move on.&&
This Girl sounds more than a bit &iffy& to me.&&She told You right at the get-go that She is &betrothed& and ALSo She told You She's been seeing someone.&&It does sound like&&She is &sending signals& and You would be one of 3 of Her considerations.
If She feels no commitment to Her &betrothed& and to the &guy She's been seeing&, then Yes I think You are taking a chance with this lottery.
With all due respect, I think I'd move on.&&
This Girl sounds more than a bit &iffy& to me.&&She told You right at the get-go that She is &betrothed& and ALSo She told You She's been seeing someone.&&It does sound like&&She is &sending signals& and You would be one of 3 of Her considerations.
If She feels no commitment to Her &betrothed& and to the &guy She's been seeing&, then Yes I think You are taking a chance with this lottery.
Well, that is true.&&She does seem to have many irons in the fire so to speak regarding her dating life.&&Does betrothed mean she is engaged?&&did you mean she is engaged for marriage when you said she is betrothed?&&that is a definite no no to get involved in.&&I kind of glossed over that because I read it as she sounds like a young woman trying to figure things out.&&I know that until I was 'committed' to someone by our agreeing to be so, I dated a few people at once in the early stages of dating.&&I see nothing wrong with that and that is what we are supposed to do in my opinion.&&Becoming an 'instant couple' is quite dangerous to really doing justice to dating to find the 'right person'.&&So, I read it like she was doing 'that' rather than cheating on someone.&&
So, some clarification would help.&&good luck
Well, that is true.&&She does seem to have many irons in the fire so to speak regarding her dating life.&&Does betrothed mean she is engaged?&&did you mean she is engaged for marriage when you said she is betrothed?&&that is a definite no no to get involved in.&&I kind of glossed over that because I read it as she sounds like a young woman trying to figure things out.&&I know that until I was 'committed' to someone by our agreeing to be so, I dated a few people at once in the early stages of dating.&&I see nothing wrong with that and that is what we are supposed to do in my opinion.&&Becoming an 'instant couple' is quite dangerous to really doing justice to dating to find the 'right person'.&&So, I read it like she was doing 'that' rather than cheating on someone.&&
So, some clarification would help.&&good luck
She was betrothed, then she liked another guy and now perhaps she likes you.&&Sounds like she isn't sure what she wants or she gets bored really quick and moves on.
If you want to proceed you probably should proceed with caution.&&
She was betrothed, then she liked another guy and now perhaps she likes you.&&Sounds like she isn't sure what she wants or she gets bored really quick and moves on.
If you want to proceed you probably should proceed with caution.&&
I told her how I feel and she said she's in a committed relationship for a year and a lot of other stuff like this could be awkward now blah blah blah.I've decided to move on since it's not the end of the world but it was good getting it off my chest and getting clarity on the situation.
I told her how I feel and she said she's in a committed relationship for a year and a lot of other stuff like this could be awkward now blah blah blah.I've decided to move on since it's not the end of the world but it was good getting it off my chest and getting clarity on the situation.
Your Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Does she like me?
Ok.My sister introduced me to her best friends sister at an event and we exchanged number.We chatted for a while and one night she told me she was betrothed and she likes the guy but also sometime afterwards she told me she's been seeing someone.I just continued to chat with her and her sister kept telling my sister that the girl keeps telling her how I'm such a cool guy.so about two weeks ago the girl invited me to her brother's graduation although her sister had invited the whole of my family already.when I arrived at the event she was going out I expected a handshake but she hugged me and held on for about a second too long but introduced me to her aunt as her brother.we met later in the night she was insisting I hold her hand as we walked.The next week she was suggesting that she would be in town so I told her I'd see her before she leaves but it was just briefly.I'm not sure if she's sending me signals.help please
Answer this question
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Fitbit Zip: Track steps taken, calories burned and distance traveled
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
Withings Blood Pressure Monitor
We take a look at 20 common human body quirks.
Communities
Relationships Community Resources
Austin, TX
fort lauderdale, FL
MedHelp International.
All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of .Mom and meJust A Nanny - On Balance
On Balance
Stories By Date
's Work-Life Blog Categories
Just A Nanny
Welcome to the Tuesday guest blog. Every Tuesday, "On Balance" features the views of a guest writer. It could be your neighbor, your boss, your most loved or hated poster from the blog, or you!
(300 words or fewer) for consideration. Obviously, the topic should be something related to balancing your life.
By Lauren Hoffman
I'm not Mary Poppins or Jo Frost or a character from The Nanny Diaries. I'm Henry's nanny. Caring for him may be the most important work I'll ever do.
Often, I'm the only young, white nanny on the playground and I'm mistaken for a fellow mommy. True to playground politics, some moms back off when they learn I'm the nanny.
An especially tactless mom once remarked, "Oh, sorry! Usually the nanny and the child are different ethnicities." Others stay and chat, and when they do, they start to talk about the choices they make, and the work that I do.
Some moms say to me, "I couldn't leave my child with someone for whom it's just a job."
That's a bit of logic that makes me seethe. The phrase "just a nanny" is bandied about the way "just a doctor" never is.
Being a nanny is my job. What makes it more than just a job is, in part, the passion I have for my work and my belief in its importance. To me, nannying is a feminist statement, an affirmation through my actions that women deserve to have choices about their time.
But what really makes my work more than a job is this simple fact: I love Henry. I say that to moms, and they nod, and sometimes go on to say wistfully, or even accusingly, that no one can love their children the way they do.
I can't love Henry the way that his parents do. But I love him enough to sing Wiggles songs repeatedly, to dance and blow bubbles all morning long, to squeeze him tight and whisper before I put him down at naptime, "I love you. Mommy and Daddy love you.
Everyone is so proud of you."
I'm one more person in his corner, and that's never detrimental to a child. Trite as it sounds, it really does take a village.
A nanny isn't right
-- or affordable -- for every family.
I respect the choices of all parents, working, stay-at-home and in-between. We're all doing what's best for the children in our lives.
I only ask for that same respect in return.
Lauren Hoffman has worked in child care since her first babysitting job at the age of eleven. She currently lives in New York City, where she is Henry's nanny by day and a graduate student in non-fiction writing at The New School by night. She is 22 years old.
By Leslie Morgan Steiner&|&
June 27, 2006;
7:00 AM ET
&|&Category:&
Add On Balance to Your Site
Keep up with the latest installments of On Balance with an easy-to-use widget. It's simple to add to your Web site, and it will update every time there's a new entry to On Balance.
Posted by: CK | June 27,
Posted by: working mother | June 27,
Posted by: Laura | June 27,
Posted by: nat | June 27,
Posted by: scarry | June 27,
Posted by: Momma Daria | June 27,
Posted by: Glad | June 27,
Posted by: love my nanny | June 27,
Posted by: momof1 | June 27,
Posted by: nat | June 27,
Posted by: Dad | June 27,
Posted by: Mo2 | June 27,