Li Ming got afree christmas cardd from Lucy.

下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
i got from my favourite student a christmas card,___giftthe most welcomed a most welcomedwhy?
钟羽是受0047
a most welcomeda most表示very
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
the most welcomed, 前文提及&最高级
用a most welcomed。因为gift之后并没有表示范围的限定词。当most表示“非常”时,若其后形容词所修饰的名词为单数可数且表示泛指意义,那么其前用不定冠词而不用定冠词。再例如:I had a most unpleasant time at the dentist’s. 我在牙医那里受了大罪。She is a most mysterious person....
a most welcomed这里没有比较的意思,只是"修饰"这礼物是(一般人们觉得)最受欢迎的其中之一
扫描下载二维码Eric Clapton forced to pull over at a Little Chef on the A3 | Daily Mail Online
A very public ticking off for speeding Clapton: Guitarist forced to pull over at a Little Chef on the A3 as 40-strong film crew were shooting there
01:47 GMT, 27 April 2016
19:36 GMT, 27 April 2016
Eric Clapton may be called Ol’ Slowhand by his fans — but he still likes to live life in the fast lane.The 71-year-old guitarist was stopped by police for speeding in his Porsche yesterday and was taken to task by a traffic officer before he was eventually given a ticket.Eric was heading south out of London on the A3, likely to Hurtwood Edge, his 1910 Italian villa-style country pile in Ewhurst, Surrey.
Eric Clapton may be called Ol’ Slowhand by his fans — but he still likes to live life in the fast laneTo add insult to injury Clapton, worth ?160 million, was forced to pull over at a Little Chef service station.Unluckily for the rock star, the roadside cafe was being used as a film location for After Louise, a comedy starring Greg Wise and Cradle To Grave actress Alice Sykes.The Little Chef was over-run with a 40-strong crew for the Scoop Films production as well as many onlookers who had extended their service station stopover to watch.One onlooker said: ‘We were watching Greg Wise film a scene and then suddenly Eric Clapton arrived at the petrol station. It was very funny because we all thought he was there to be part of the film, but then a police car pulled up. Eric had to sit in the front seat with the policeman. He was in there for ages and was clearly getting a good telling off — either that or the copper was asking him about his favourite tracks.‘By the end Eric was apologising profusely. I’ve no idea how fast he had been going, but maybe he was pleased to just be getting a speeding ticket and not something more serious.’
RELATED ARTICLES
Share this article
Clapton has had almost as many speeding convictions as hit records. In 1988, he lost his licence for six weeks (his lawyer claimed he was ‘hurrying to a charity cricket match’). He was subsequently banned for six months in 2000 and was suspended from driving in France in 2004 for driving at 134mph.When he was pulled over for speeding on the A3 in 2004, a police officer asked him: ‘What do you do for a living to have such a nice car?’ Eric replied: ‘I’m in the music business.’ The officer commented: ‘You must be doing OK then.’
David Cameron will be mourning his Eton housemaster, John Faulkner, who died last week. JF headed Warre House from 1977 to 1987 when the teenage Cameron dabbled with cannabis.After admitting to smoking the drug, Cameron was fined and ‘gated’ — rather than expelled — which meant he had to stay within the college grounds and lost privileges. He also had to copy out the Georgics — a lengthy Latin poem. Seven of his smoking pals were not so lucky, and got kicked out. Faulkner is believed to have made the decision on Cameron’s future and later made him captain of house, giving him his first taste of power.
Elementary (school) my dear Watson Benedict Cumberbatch, who became a father last year, has found that even at work he can’t escape the company of babies.
Benedict Cumberbatch, who became a father last year, has found that even at work he can’t escape the company of babies
The 39-year-old actor was shooting the fourth series of BBC’s Sherlock in London yesterday, and it appears his on-screen sidekick Dr Watson, played by Martin Freeman, will be taking on a parental role.Cradling what appeared to be a baby doll in pink, he was spotted walking the streets of Borough Market next to the smartly dressed sleuth.In real life, Freeman has two children — Grace, eight, and Joe, ten — with his long-term partner Amanda Abbington, who plays his on-screen wife Mary in Sherlock.
Connolly: I get a Christmas card from Macca - in March Comedian Billy Connolly has revealed he and Sir Paul McCartney have a running joke where they send each other Christmas cards as late as possible. This year, the former Beatle sent his in March.‘I have a funny thing going just now with Paul McCartney,’ says Billy.‘My daughter was in charge of the cards and hid them in a cupboard and forgot about them. Then my wife discovered them in February and sent them all.‘I got a lovely letter from Paul saying: “Thanks for the Christmas card, it’s made March such a nice month.” And so I got one from him this year in March. I sent his three days ago.’
Prince Philip turns 95 in June, but remains as sharp as ever. Meeting a tourist at Windsor Castle last week, he asked where she was from. When the visitor said she was from Italy, Philip replied: ‘What are you running away from? Mafia?'
Share or comment on this article
MOST READ NEWS
The comments below have not been moderated.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.
More top stories
DON'T MISS
MORE DON'T MISS
SHARE PICTURE
Copy link to paste in your messageAccessibility links
10 common Christmas card dilemmas
Close share panel
It's the season to send Christmas cards - but the festive postbag can also be a social and ethical minefield, writes Ed Ram.1. Buying in bulkChristmas card sales make charities an estimated ?50m per year, according to the Greeting Card Association. And Christmas is surely a time to be charitable. But is bulk-buying 50 identical charity cards a potential social faux pas? If your friends are also friends with each other they will see "their" card on each other's mantelpieces. However, a true friend wouldn't judge you for this, says Simon Garfield, author of To The Letter: A Journey Though a Vanishing World. "You'd have to have a pretty hard heart to think that someone hasn't spent very much or that they've just bought a huge box," Garfield says. "Even if you get two or three of the same ones in the same year, it's absolutely in the Christmas spirit."
to a fictional round-robin that will, she hopes, result in her removal from future festive mailing lists.
Sprinkled with Latin accomplishments of the child you've never met, the pay rise of the husband you never liked and the excruciating detail of the family's cruise holiday you care nothing for, the Christmas newsletter is for many recipients something to endure rather than enjoy,
2. Round robin revival?
The round robin letter - usually sent out with the Christmas cards - has become something of a seasonal joke. "Darling Theo is doing frightfully well in his eurhythmy lessons at Charterhouse - and little Imogen has gone back to advising Ban Ki-moon at the UN." Simon Hoggart, Guardian columnist and author of The Cat That Could Open the Fridge, a collection of round robin letters, is not a fan. "Round robins are hopeless because either you know the people so well, you're already familiar with their year, or else you don't know them well enough to care," he says. "The latter group find boasting particularly galling. Who wants to know about the exam successes of a teenager whose father you met in Derby 24 years ago?" But in an age where receiving a letter is a rarity, could the round robin be due for a renaissance? "It might now be a case of take what you can get," says Garfield.
"Perhaps people should be grateful that they are being written to at all. It's time to bear the annual show of smugness."
3. Another Christmas expense... The price of individual Christmas cards is rising. In the UK, the average went from ?1.52 in 2011 to ?1.62 in 2012, according to the Greeting Card Association. And a second class stamp is now 50p. So carefully picking 20 cards to send to friends and family could easily cost in excess of ?40, and considerably more if you went for posh paper or an arty design. And ?40 is no mean sum. "It's a serious outlay for people who might not have so much money, the elderly for example," warns Garfield. So is it time to ditch the card all together in favour of expressing greetings in a more modern way? Hoggart believes there's a better solution. "Trim your list," he advises. "Get rid of all those people you're no longer in touch with. In the end it's hypocritical to say how good it would be to meet next year - for the 14th time."4. A bit dated? In the age of the festive tweet, sending a Christmas card might seem a bizarre and arcane concept to some. With online communication dominating many people's lives, "letter writing is increasingly a dying art", laments Garfield. "But while it is old fashioned, Christmas card-writing is a strong part of the festive tradition - and the one part of letter-writing that looks to be living on." After all, isn't tradition what Christmas is all about?
5. Nativity scene to an atheist? Today, Christmas is celebrated by atheists, agnostics and believers alike. But should we be concerned that the front of our Christmas cards may be offending those with specific beliefs? Would a Christian be interested in seeing a picture of a bulging Santa reaching for another mince pie? Or alternatively, is it inappropriate to send a Hindu, Jewish or Muslim friend images of a nativity scene? "It's not something to worry about at all," says Sharon Little, chief executive of the Greeting Card Association. She points out that the earliest Christmas cards in the Victorian era featured secular designs such as "pictures of holly or robins". The very earliest Christmas cards, commissioned by Sir Henry Cole and illustrated by John Callcott Horsley in London on 1 May 1843, depicted three generations of a rosy cheeked family, raising a toast to the card's recipient. From a faith perspective, theologian Vicky Beeching says that it's the thought that matters more than the image on the front of the card. "The Christian faith is all about love, and by sending a card you are transmitting love," she says.
6. Address intrusionThis is an era where we're really not used to asking people for their real-world address. It seems strange to send a pre-card text or email containing only the line: "Are you still living at 3 Elderflower Lane?" Worse, it ruins the surprise. "Where do you live?' now feels like rather a personal question," says Garfield. "It's almost an intrusion." But in the social media age, we have more of these long-distance relationships than ever. We're not going to physically see all of our 268 Facebook friends over the festive season. And surely one of the purposes of Christmas cards is to stay in touch with people you care about but for whatever reason can't see much of. "Increasing contact though social media has bought people closer to larger groups. You are more likely to send Christmas cards to those that you are close to but don't see so often," says Little.
John Callcott Horsley's illustration (above) adorns what are believed to be the first Christmas cards, made in 1843
Cards priced at one shilling
Early English cards often featured botanical designs, rather than religious or winter scenes
American lithographer Louis Prang credited with producing cards for commercial market in the United States - reportedly producing more than five million a year by the 1880s
7. Will an email do? Don't be tempted by the e-alternative, Garfield warns. "The worst cards are the electronic ones," he says. Spamming your friends with a picture of your face photo-shopped onto an elf dancing to Gangnam style is no longer OK. Even if it is cheap. Or free. "Five years ago I thought they were quite fun but now you just think they can't even be bothered to get to the shop, go to the post box or buy a stamp," Garfield says. 8. Card/present etiquetteLike greeting someone new without a handshake or a kiss, there is something not quite right about giving a present that isn't accompanied by a card at Christmas. And it almost goes without saying that the card should always be opened before the gift is unwrapped. "It's just nice, isn't it?" says Garfield.
"It makes the gift less about the monetary value and more about the effort involved in thinking about someone." However, while cards do seem to be a necessary social norm, they don't always have to take a conventional form, says writer and comedian Arthur Smith. "I used to make my own cards which were usually rather downbeat," he says. One year, he says, they were adorned with a picture of a distressed turkey. Another Christmas, he fashioned his cards from a piece of toilet paper.
9. Do I have to actually write in it? Lots of cards have a message already printed in them. But "love, Mum" handwritten hastily beneath a generic festive message looks depressing. Then again, what if you don't have time to dream up endless witty notes individually tailored to all of your chums? The point of cards is to show that the sender is thinking about the person that the card is destined for, says Garfield. "I used to get a card from my framing company that spelt my name wrong," he adds. "They just go in the bin." Smith agrees. "If you send them, every message should be different," he says. But he implores: "Please no pictures of your own beaming family." 10. Waste of trees
It would be easy to assume that the traditional card shop has suffered at the hands of websites offering personalised cards and cheap deals.
But that's not the case. The High Street greetings card shop is doing just fine. The UK is sending more greeting cards than ever, but the type of card is changing, says Lucy Townsend.
With 952 million single, non-multipack greeting cards sold in 2012, you might expect that the production of the paper used to make them is having a detrimental impact on the environment. But the GCA argues that 90% of cards come from sustainably-farmed trees. If trees are farmed and harvested in a responsible way then the environmental impact of the greeting card industry is very low, Sharon Little argues. Conservation charity The Woodland Trust says it is not against sending cards, but it urges consumers to be "be careful and not wasteful". "When buying cards, shoppers should only buy those that either say they are 100% recycled or have the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) symbol printed on the back," a spokesperson says. "This is the only way to guarantee that the paper has come from a sustainable source." The trust also warns that a card being advertised as "sustainably sourced" doesn't always mean it is FSC approved. The FSC says its label is an assurance that the paper has been responsibly sourced from well-managed forests, verified recycled materials and/or other controlled sources.Follow
on Twitter and on
Share this story
Top StoriesLittle Lucy Lu: Christmas Tree Card Holder
It's that time of year! &.... The Christmas cards are rollin' in!
Don't you just LOVE getting the mail this time of year!?!
This is the only time of year I actually get my mail more often than once a week! - Haha!
I have a wire card holder from Pottery Barn in my kitchen (the long, skinny one - not the Christmas tree shaped one), which stays up all year and holds all of our important mail, coupons, favorite photos, etc. &But I wanted something separate for all of the Christmas cards this year.
So .... I saw this picture on :
And I had an idea!
I went to Home Depot and got two 1"x 2" pieces of rough-cut boards ... the ones that are warped and cheap! &(I think they were about a dollar each.)
I had the handy hubby cut the boards into seven pieces .... measuring 3 1/2 feet, 3 feet, 2 1/2 feet, 2 feet, 1 1/2 feet, 1 foot, and 6 inches.
Then, using my little Martha Stewart sample paints (which I talked about on my ), I gave them all a coat of paint.
Of course I couldn't let things be easy .... so I also wiped on a bit of antiquing glaze (by Valspar) with a t-shirt rag.
....This darkened the colors and added just the right amount of texture and antique-ness (yep, I'm making up words!) to the boards, I think!
Next I spread them out and nailed them to a five foot long, 1"x 1" board we had out in the shop. &(I painted that board a dark wine-red color I had in my paint stash.)
Then I got out some itty-bitty clothespins I found at the craft store a while back in the dollar section....
And you guessed it! &I hot glued them onto the boards.
Finished product:
Super cute. &Same color scheme as the rest of my house. &And totally functional!
I "stuck" this to the wall in my dining room with my favorite Command hanging strips:
.... and here's PART of a picture. &This is the impossible room. &Or rather, to clarify .... it's impossible to take a decent photo in. &At least for me. &I digress ....But regardless of the fact that I can't take a proper picture of it in it's actual home, I love it!
You could make one, too .... I just know it! :-)Totally simple. &And for less than $5. &(I already had the paint!) &That's hard to beat, don't you think!?Can't wait to get it all filled up with beautiful Christmas cards .... added six more just tonight! :-)
**If you haven't entered to win the
..... you have three more days!
Subscribe to:
I'm Bec . . . welcome to my blog! I'm so glad you're here to share in the adventure that is Little Lucy Lu!
I hope you'll make yourself at home here ... and visit often. :-)