new world world前面加the吗吗

网页版学习工具
new world的意思
沪江词库精选new world是什么意思、英语单词推荐、用法及解释、中英文句子翻译、英语短语
of or relating to the New World
the hemisphere that includes North America and South America
When America entered World War II, Steinbeck went to England, North Africa, and Italy as a war correspondent for the New York Herald Tribune.
在美国参加第二次世界大战后,斯坦贝克以《纽约先驱论坛报》战地记者的身份去过英国、北非和意大利。
New Zealand, with its natural beauty, mountains, rivers and national parks, also attracts tourists from all over the world.
新西兰自然风光优美,山川众多,河流纵横,还有国家公园,也吸引着世界各地的旅游者。
&Besides these, one must also read newspapers, news magazines, journals and the like to keep abreast of developments in the world.&
除此之外,还得阅读报章、新闻杂志、学术刊物等。
For a new breeze is blowing, and a world refreshed by
for in man's heart, if not in fact, the day of the dictatoris over
因为,清新的微风正在吹拂——自由使世界清新如同新生。因为在人们的心中,即使不在实际上,专制者的时代已经结束。
&911 and Al-Qaedah have ushered in a new era, splitting the world into &terrorists& and &non-terrorists&.&
九一一事件和卡伊达组织改变了世局,把世人归类为"恐怖分子"和"非恐怖分子"。
Buffalo News, Fechheimer, Kirby, Nebraska Furniture Mart, Scott Fetzer Manufacturing Group, See's Candies, and World Book.
-水牛城报纸、费区海默西服、寇比吸尘器、内布拉斯加家具、史考特飞兹集团、喜斯糖果与世界百科全书
an extremely dicey future on a brave new world of liquid nitrogen,tar,and smog(New Yorker)
一个极端冒险的未来新世界在充满液氮、焦油和烟雾(纽约人)
As the industrialists looked about for new worlds to win, they, together with the Eastern merchants and bankers, turned to the settling West
因为工业家要寻找新世界去加以征服,所以他们和东部的商人和银行家携手,而转向开发中的西部。
On New Year's Day, pork is a popular food in the United States, as it is in many other parts of the world.
元旦这天,如同在世界上其他许多地方一样,猪肉在美国也是很受欢迎的食物
In the black Protestant Church I entered a new world: prim, brown, puritanical girls who taught in the public schools
我走进黑人新教堂,就犹如进入了一个新的世界;这里有在公立学校教书的、拘谨的、棕肤色的清教徒式的女子。
phr. 新大陆型利什曼病
phr. 海狸科
phr. 画眉科
phr. 黄鹂科
phr. 马来貘
phr. 新大陆鹟
phr. 新大陆豪猪
phr. 金翅雀
phr. 北美松鸡
a. 新世界的,美国大陆的
【计算机】一个为Mac用户提供的线上服务,现已停止运作
电子化连接世界
一个为Mac用户提供的线上服务。
a. 老于世故的
[ worldliness ]的形容词比较级;[ worldly ]的形容词比较级
A good degree and real-world experience are required.
好的学历和工作经验是必备条件。
n. 中间境界
a. 环球的,环游世界的
无主物(拉丁文)
phr. 隆头鱼
工人寄宿处
phr. 锯盖鱼科的典型属
节日包裹焦虑症(指因为没收到本该在圣诞节前送到的某件网购物品而感到焦虑不安的心理。)Become a Fan and "Like" us on FB
“And there was a court official whose son was ill at C hearing that Jesus had arrived in Galilee from Judaea, he went and asked him to come and cure his son, as he was at the point of death. &Jesus said to him, “Unless you see signs and portents, you will not believe!” &‘Sir, answered the official, come down before my child dies.’ &“Go home, said Jesus, your son will live.’ (Jn 4: 46b-50)
——————
The Lord has to say it only once, and it will be done! &Unlike us, we have to repeat words all over and over again. &
Unconditional faith, nothing more! &When the Lord said, “Your son will live.” &That’s it! &No more questions. &The Lord holds the universe in His hands. &Is there anything too difficult for the Lord? &The Lord who changed water ? into wine? &The Lord who healed the paralytic and gave sight to the blind? &What else do we need?
Our attitude should be: &Lord, if it is your will, Thine will be done. &I trust in you and I love you...
Dear Lord, we believe in all miracles that you do. &Please give us hearts that simply trust and have total confidence in Thee. &That we may fully surrender everything to you, our family, our work, our very own life and dreams or yearnings. &We attest our love for you and may we always see the light of day. &Through the intercession of Mother Mary, St Joseph, St Michael the Archangel, all the angels and saints, In Jesus Name. &Amen.
As I reflect today on my journey with the Holy Bible, I can only say “How Awesome my God is.” &From Genesis to Exodus till all the books of the prophets flowing into the saga of the New Testament, I can truly only say, “How majestic my God is.”
In this world where the standpoint is material success, the sense of awe and reverence has been minimised. &When one shows too much religiosity and veneration for things related to God, it has been branded sometimes as exaggerated. &
There is no exaggeration in the worship of God. &It is our vocation to praise Him with all of our might. & God Almighty is awesome! If I could be branded as a fool for loving God so much such that my acknowledgment of his utter greatness make me look a fool to others, so be it. &Nevertheless, it will not diminish my praise for His glory as long as I live.
I am empowered by His love, by His mercy, by His perfection! &I know it comes only from Him. &Nothing can separate us from Thee. &“As for me and my family, we will serve you, O’Lord, God Almighty!”
Maria Cassia
Remain In Me, as I remain in you.&&No branch can
it must remain on the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in Me”&&&&&&&&&&John 15:4
The Israelites took 40 years to come to the Promised Land, because of their lack of faith!&&Because of lack of faith, they disobeyed God because of their disobedience they had a miserable journey!&&Life was not easy on them, they were treated miserably by Pharaoh and learnt and gradually learnt not to trust.&&&Life has not always been easy on us too, people have betrayed us, mistreated us, rejected us with the result we are weary to trust easily – this attitude towards others, and our&&relationship with God too and we end up preferring to control our situation than surrendering it to Him and abiding in Him.&&(Like the Israelites)&&If today we feel trapped in a situation,&&or like a branch that is not bearing fruit, its time to let go and let our God take control of it.&&Let us take one bold step forward and decide to trust God with what is bothering you. &(I totally agree, we must be vigilant to abide with the true vine, Lord Jesus. &Excellent, Jane). &New World
EQUINOX:& A FASCINATING OCCURENCE IN NATURE!
THANKS ABRAHAM G!& EXCELLENT!
THE ANT AND THE GRASSHOPPER BY SR. ELSIE BABYThis one is a little different.... Two Different Versions................. Two Different Morals --------------------------------------------------------------------------------OLD VERSIONThe ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away..Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed.The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold..MORAL OF THE STORY: Be responsible for yourself
MESMERIZING CORAL REEFS!
THANKS TO: mostiwant.com
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&FOREST BARN BY&FOREST&WANDER&
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&NATURE PHOTOGRAPHY!& THANKS.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
A glimpse beyond the seas,
As the ship meander abreeze
O' dream is afar, to the nadir
Hopes and aspirations at lore.
Haze of fog blocks my vision,
A sudden light, like a rayon
Shoots from nadir, horizon
Coming at a time in bloom!
Life is an enigma, a mystery,
Dreary moments, then joy
Unexpected, no one knows
A surprise, wisdom blows.
Nadir, the quest of hearts
Beyond the sky, at a height
Nadir, beyond of utter sight
Beyond the seas, beyond!
all rights reserved:& Maria Cassia Austero
STORY WITH HUMOUR# FORWARDED BY ABRAHAM, G
SELF- CONFIDENCE
A business executive was deep in debt and could
see no way out. Creditors were closing in on him.
Suppliers were demanding payment... He sat on
the park bench, head in hands, wondering if anything
could save his company from bankruptcy.
Suddenly an old man appeared before him. " I can
see that something is troubling you," he said. After listening
to the executive's woes, the old man said, I believe I can
help you." He asked the man his name, wrote out a check
and pushed it into his hand saying, "Take the money....Meet
me here exactly one year from today, and you can pay me back at that time,"
Then he turned and disappeared as quickly as he had come.
The business executive saw in his hand a check for $500,000,
signed by John D Rockefeller, then one of the richest men
in the world!! " I can ease my money worries in an instant!"
he realized. But instead, the executive decided to put the uncashed
check in his safe. Just knowing it was there might give him the strength
to work out a way to save his business, he thought.
With renewed optimism, he negotiated better deals and extended
terms of payment. He closed several big sales. Within a few months,
he was out of debt and making money once again. Exactly
one year later, he returned to the park with the uncashed check.
At the agreed-upon time, the old man appeared
But just as the executive was about to hand back the check
and shared his success story, a nurse came running up and
grabbed the old man. " I'm so glad I caught him!" she cried.
" I hope he hasn't been bothering you. He's always escaping from
the rest home and telling people he's John D Rockefeller, " And she led
the old man away by the arm.
The astonished executive just stood there, stunned.
All year long he'd been wheeling and dealing, buying and selling,
convinced he had half a million dollars behind him.
Suddenly he realized that it wasn't the money, real or imagined.
that had turned his life around. It was his newfound self-confidence
that gave him the power to achieve anything he went after.
ABRAHAM G ( Ref. Boban and Molly group
THE WILD LILY AND THE RARE HYACINTH
(SHORT STORY)
There was once a beautiful garden called DewFall.
As you visit this garden at the edge of two hills, you will
see all types of flowers who walk with their stems during
the day but return to their habitat during the night. Out
of all these lovely flowers, the wild lily stands out in her
exquisite beauty and breathtaking features. During the day,
she will walk with her head up high because she knows that
everybody will look at her. All the male plants will oogle at her
but she is not interested to be tied up yet. She needs a lot of time to pamper her supple skin.
Then, the pink tulip greeted her, "Good morning, Lily! How are you?' She replied with haughtiness, "What is good in the morning?
You must have greeted me, "Good morning, fairest flowering the land!"
The poor tulip was hurt. She turned sideways and said, "I am sorry,
I did not even affirm your loveliness. Good morning, fairest flower in the land." The wild lily replied joyfully, "Very fine! it is good that you notice. Good day!
As she passed by a green fern, she scowled, "What an ugly duckling! This type of plant should never have been in DewFall in the first place." Day in and day out, she does nothing but shower all of them with sarcasm. At the end of the year, nobody would like to greet her anymore. But there is an
exception, the pure hyacinth. She patiently endured her tirades and ill comments
along the way. She thought, "She may change, one day."
One rainy day, the wild lily strutted beyond the hills to a bustling river. Many flowers are on the side washing their beds of leaves, so soiled last summer. Hyacinth was there, too pounding the stubborn stains on her blanket of moss. Suddenly, the wild lily slipped her foot because the rock where she stood broke. She was carried by the raging current. "Help, help! she shouted. Those flowers close by did not bat an eyelid and in chorus shouted, "Let her drown."
Hyacinth quickly jumped to the river and saved her. The others were not happy at
all. She spoke to them, "Flowers, you have not done the right thing. Although, she had not been good to you, she is still a part of God's creation.
Lily, embarrassed and shaken spoke, "Flowers, I am deeply sorry for all of the hurt that I have caused. From this day on, please give me a chance to change for the better.
One by one, the flowers embraced her with forgiveness. Tears were flowing from Hyacinth's eyes. She pondered, "Thanks God that she was enlightened." Then she kissed Wild Lily tenderly!
Morale of the story: No man is an island unto himself. What we sow, we will also reap. Forgive others as the Father has forgiven us!
All rights reserved: Cynthia Abegail
I Love You Lord
I Love You Lord
As the dawn's light &trickles on the sky
And my eyes barely reminisces a dream
I remembered the Lord, my All in all
My Sustenance, my Provider, my Rock...
For the Lord puts a hedge round me,
He is kind and merciful as I can see,
The Lord never abandon in troubles
At sombre times as when in rubbles.
Why do I love my Lord at all times?
When the sun lost its shine at its peak
When the silver moon is lost in the creek
When the comet shoots its flare O bleak!
He leaves his footprints on the sand today,
He carried me as my heart faltered at bay,
He consoled me when my spirit drained,
He assured me that sometime not in vain!
I hoped and waited on Him day and night,
Tears rolling, sweet sorrow engulfs blight,
Suddenly, a twist of fate blitz with might!
Rain fell on my roof, a shower---a grace!
All rights reserved: &Cynthia Abegail Bernardo
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, perplexed, persecuted, struck down, always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in the bodies. 2 Cor 4:7-11
Trials and difficulties are a part of life.
How these difficulties affect our relationship with God depends on how we decide to handle them.
St. Paul was really hard pressed on every side, crushed often (stoned), but he never stopped serving the Lord with all His heart.
God understands our weakness, He is delighted when we opt to trust Him and not give in to worry.
Worry is a natu let us praise God more and more keeping our focus on Him.
Let us thank Him for the many good things He is constantly giving us.
(New World is blessed with prolific and eminent writers as Jane Pimenta.& She has a flair for excellent reflections about Scripture.& Thanks Jane for your support of New World.& Outstanding reflection).& New World
ST ANTHONY OF PADUA
St Anthony of Padua is an evangelical Doctor of the Church.
He lived at the time of many persecutions on the Church and
during the time of proliferation of heretics.& During this period,
he had composed exemplary sermons of great value to the church.
Subscribe to:
George Kurian
Profile Info为什么海贼王516最后是GO to new world不叫个the?_百度知道
为什么海贼王516最后是GO to new world不叫个the?
我有更好的答案
而11月16日更会发售单曲CD: U/ N5 @! r3 T1 D% P* G& x
}6 H& S+ F% &#92,为10月2日开播的《海贼王》新篇章演唱新主题曲《We Go,为本作赢来了不少人气。如今!》是初代主题曲《We Are!》的对应,重新聚集再一起挑战新世界的故事。就如章名所显示的那样,路飞他们的航海之旅也终于进入转折点,相信新篇的剧情会更加峰回路转;1 P1 s* }  新篇章“最后的海新世界篇”讲述在前篇中各奔东西的草帽海贼团团员们!》演唱者北谷洋将再续《海贼王》情缘! i0 ~$ {&quot,在10月2日歌曲正式面世之后,官方将会提供手机铃声下载; l$ s  新主题曲《We Go,《We Are不是叫we go吗,我看资料看到啊《海贼王》作为日本的国名动漫已陪伴我们10多个年头,在经过二年的修行后!》,也是睽违12年后负责作词的藤林圣子及作曲的田中公平再次合作的作品,相信由他们再次合作的新歌的气势较之旧歌会有过之而无不及。另外。+ J。
B6 V8 P% O2 G& r. r) g* s6 s0 X* W+ V1 l,而配合首次跃于银屏的路飞及其他伙伴形象的第一首OP《We Are!》也给人留下极深刻的印象
the是特指的,而在海贼世界观中,谁都知道新世界是指哪里,所以这里就可以不用加个the来特指
我要当海贼王 因为不会忘记那顶草帽的誓言
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
海贼王的相关知识
换一换
回答问题,赢新手礼包
个人、企业类
违法有害信息,请在下方选择后提交
色情、暴力
我们会通过消息、邮箱等方式尽快将举报结果通知您。The New World Translation
The New World Translation
New Testament, 1950. Frederick W. Franz, ed., New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures Rendered from the Original Language by the New World Translation Committee. Brooklyn: Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, 1950.
Bible, 1961. Frederick W. Franz, ed., The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, rendered from the Original Languages by the New World Bible Translation Committee. Revised A.D. 1961. Brooklyn: Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, 1961. The Old Testament was originally published in parts from 1953 to 1960. The whole was revised for the one-volume edition in 1961, and subsequently revised in 1970 and 1984.
The publisher of this version has never made public the names of the translators. But former members of the Governing Body of the Jehovah's Witnesses organization have identified the members of the committee as Nathan H. Knorr (President of the organization), Frederick W. Franz (Vice-President), George D. Gangas, and Albert D. Schroeder. According to Raymond V. Franz, the "principal translator of the Society's New World Translation" was Frederick W. Franz. ()
According to M. James Penton, "to all intents and purposes the New World Translation is the work of one man, Frederick Franz." () Franz afterwards became the President of the organization, from 1977 to 1992, and was responsible for the revisions.
The Forward to the first edition of the New Testament (1950) explained the need for the version, and also indicated the reason for its name: "It befits the significant time of transition from the old world to the righteous new world that translations of the Scriptures today should as far as possible eliminate the misleading influence of religious traditions which have their roots in paganism." (p.7, emphasis added.)
The New Testament adheres to the text of Westcott & Hort. It is a fairly literal translation, for the most part, but it does have some peculiar non-literal renderings. These are the result of the committee's efforts to conform the version to the doctrines of the Jehovah's Witnesses. "Jehovah" is given as a translation for kurios (Lord) in the New Testament whenever the Father is meant, but not when it refers to Christ, the Son. "Torture stake" is put instead of "cross" because the Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the cross is an idolatrous symbol introduced by the Roman Catholic Church. And because this sect teaches that Jesus Christ was merely an angel, the version shows an anti-trinitarian bias in several places.
Examples of Anti-Trinitarian bias:
Gen. 1:1-2. "In [the] beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth proved to be formless and waste and there was darkness upon the surface of [the] and God's active force was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters." The ruach elohim ("Spirit of God") of the Hebrew is interpreted "God's active force" in order to avoid the Trinitarian understanding of the "Spirit."
Zech. 12:10. "...they will look upon the one whom they have pierced..." Here the Hebrew "look upon me whom they have pierced," in which God is the speaker, has been altered in order to avoid the implication that the one who is to be pierced (on the cross) is God.
John 1:1. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god." Instead of the literal "the Word was God," we have "a god," which the sect interprets as "an angelic being."
Col. 1:15-17. "He is the image of the invisible God, the first because by means of him all [other] things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All [other] things have been created through him and for him. Also, he is before all [other] things and by means of him all [other] things were made to exist." Because the sect teaches that Christ was a created being rather than eternal God, the word "other" is inserted several times. The first edition of the translation did this without brackets.
Heb. 1:8. "God is your throne forever" (a nonsensical statement) is put intead of "your throne, O God, is forever," because this statement refers to Christ.
Because the Jehovah's Witnesses teach that men exercise "free will" in accepting or rejecting Christ, the version also has such forced interpretations as:
Acts 13:48. "When those of the nations heard this, they began to rejoice and to glorify the word of Jehovah, and all those who were rightly disposed for everlasting life became believers." Here "rightly disposed" (a human inclination) replaces "ordained" (a divine appointment).
In his book Crisis of Conscience Raymond Franz, a former member of the Governing Body of the Jehovah's Witnesses, describes some interesting conversations that he had with the principal translator of the version, who happened to be his uncle.
He recounts that between 1965 and 1971, while engaged in preparing a Bible dictionary (published in 1971 under the title Aid to Bible Understanding), he sought guidance on a number of questions from Frederick Franz, who "was acknowledged as the organization's principal Bible scholar." We reproduce below several paragraphs from Crisis of Conscience (pages 21-24) for the light they shed upon the New World Translation and one of its translators, and also for the wise observations of the author concerning the interpretation of the Bible.
The Society's vice president, Fred Franz, was acknowledged as the organization's principal Bible scholar. On a number of occasions I went to his office to inquire about points. To my surprise he frequently directed me to Bible commentaries, saying, "Why don't you see what Adam Clarke says, or what Cooke says," or, if the subject primarily related to the Hebrew Scriptures, "what the Soncino commentaries say." Our Bethel Library contained shelf after shelf after shelf filled with such commentaries. Since they were the product of scholars of other religions, however, I had not given much importance to them, and, along with others in the department, felt some hesitancy, even distrust, as to using them. As Karl Klein, a senior member of the Writing Department, sometimes very bluntly expressed it, using these commentaries was "sucking at the t-ts of Babylon the Great," the empire of false religion according to the Society's interpretation of the great Harlot of Revelation.
The more I looked up information in these commentaries, however, the more deeply impressed I was by the firm belief in the divine inspiration of the Scriptures the vast majority expressed. I was impressed even more so by the fact that, though some were written as early as the eighteenth century, the information was generally very worthwhile and accurate. I could not help but compare this with our own publications which, often within a few years, became "out of date" and ceased to be published. It was not that I felt these commentaries to be withou but the good certainly seemed to outweigh the occasional points I felt to be mistaken.
When the subjects of "Older Man [Elder]" and "Overseer" were assigned to me, research into the Scriptures themselves soon made evident that the congregational form of supervision employed by us did not conform to the first-century arrangements. (We had no bodies of elders
one man in each congregation was the sole "overseer.") Somewhat disturbed, I approached my uncle with the evidence. Again his response took me by surprise. "Don't try to understand the Scriptures on the basis of what you see today in the organization," he said, and added, "Keep the Aid book pure." I had always looked upon the organization as God's one channel for dispensing truth and so this counsel sounded unusual to say the least. When I pointed out that the Society's New World Translation rendering of Acts, chapter fourteen, verse 23, evidently inserted the words "to office" in connection with the appointment of elders and that this somewhat altered the sense, he said, "Why don't you check it in some other translations that may not be as biased." [Later editions of the New World Translation dropped the added phrase. The first edition had read: "Moreover, they appointed older men to office for them in the congregation and, offering prayer with fastings, they committed them to Jehovah in whom they had become believers."]
I walked out of his office wondering if I had actually heard what I had heard. In future days I was to remind him of these statements on more than one occasion during Governing Body sessions.
That conversation strongly affected my approach to Scripture. I deeply appreciated the integrity toward Scriptural truth his remarks indicated. I began to appreciate more than ever before how vitally important context was in discerning the meaning of any part of Scripture, and that realization seemed to be true of others of the group who were working regularly on the Aid project. We also came to realize the need to let the Bible define its own terms rather than simply taking some previously held view or letting an English dictionary definition control. We began to make greater use of the Hebrew and Greek lexicons in the Bethel library, and concordances that were based on the original language words rather than on English translations.
It was an education and it was also very humbling, for we came to appreciate that our understanding of Scripture was far less than we had thought, that we were not the advanced Bible scholars we thought we were. I personally had been on such a "treadmill" of activity over the previous twenty-five years that, although reading through the Bible several times, I had never been able to do such serious, detailed research into the Scriptures, in fact never felt great need to do so since it was assumed that others were doing it for me. The two courses at Gilead School I had attended were so tightly programmed that they gave little time for meditation, for unhurried investigation and analysis.
Now having both time and access to the extra Bible helps, the lexicons, commentaries, Hebrew and Greek concordances, and so forth, was an aid. But above all it was seeing the need always to let the context guide, always to let the Scriptures themselves control, that made the major difference. There was no overnight change of viewpoint but, over a period of years, a gradual deepening of appreciation of the crucial need to let God's Word speak for itself to the fullest extent possible. I could see why those one-hundred and two-hundred-year-old commentaries in our Bethel library were comparatively timeless in their value. The very fact of their verse-by-verse approach more or less obligated them to stay within the contextual meaning and thereby considerably restricted them from taking excursions into sectarian views or interpretive flights of fancy.
Thus the material in the Aid book relating to elders and the congregational direction in Bible times was very different from the position then held by Jehovah's Witnesses, where a more or less "monarchical" arrangement had prevailed. The Scriptural arrangement of bodies of elders had been summarily ended in 1932 by Judge Rutherford due to a lack of cooperation on the part of some elders with the Society's programs and policies. His position as President gave Rutherford the necesary authority to take such a stand and all congregations were invited to vote for the disbanding of bodies of elders and their replacement by a Society-appointed "Service Director." For the next forty years there were no bodies of elders in the congregations. That is why the New World Translation of the Bible published by the Society in the 1950's regularly used the rendering "older men" rather than "elders," a then officially discredited term.
Bibliography
Robert H. Countess, The Jehovah's Witnesses' New Testament: a Critical Analysis of the New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures (2nd ed. Phillipsburg, New Jersey: Presbyterian and Reformed Pub. Co., 1987).
Bruce M. Metzger, "The New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures." The Bible Translator 15/3 (July 1964), pp. 150-153.
Bruce M. Metzger, "." Theology Today 10 (1953): 65-85.
Raymond V. Franz, Crisis of Conscience (Atlanta: Commentary Press, 1983). Contains a number of interesting remarks on the New World Translation.
Raymond V. Franz, Crisis of Conscience (Atlanta: Commentary Press, 1983), p. 50. The author, Raymond V. Franz, was from 1971 to 1980 a member of the Governing Body of the Jehovah's Witnesses, and a nephew of vice-president Frederick W. Franz. He wrote Crisis of Conscience after being expelled from the organization. On page 50 of the book he adds the following information in a footnote: "Other members of that Committee were Nathan Knorr, Albert Schroeder and George G Fred Franz, however, was the only one with sufficient knowledge of the Bible languages to attempt translation of this kind. He had studied Greek for two years in the University of Cincinnati but was only self-taught in Hebrew."
M. James Penton, Apocalypse Delayed: The Story of Jehovah's Witnesses (Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1985), p. 174.
Forward to the 1984 Edition
It is a very responsible thing to translate the Holy Scriptures from their original languages of Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek into modern speech. Translating the Holy Scriptures means rendering into another language the thoughts and sayings of Jehovah God, the heavenly Author of this sacred library of sixty-six books that holy men of long ago were inspired to write down for our benefit today.
That is a very sobering thought. The translators of this work, who fear and love the Divine Author of the Holy Scriptures, feel toward Him a special responsibility to transmit his thoughts and declarations as accurately as possible. They also feel a responsibility toward the searching readers who depend upon a translation of the inspired Word of the Most High God for their everlasting salvation.
It was with such a sense of solemn responsibility that over the course of many years this committee of dedicated men have produced the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures. The entire work was originally released in six volumes, from 1950 to 1960. From the start it was the desire of the translators to have all these volumes brought together into one book, inasmuch as the Holy Scriptures are in actuality one book by the One Author. While the original volumes contained marginal references and footnotes, the revised one-volume edition, released in 1961, contained neither footnotes nor marginal references. A second revision was released in 1970 and a third revison with footnotes followed in 1971. In 1969 the committee released The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures, which presented under the Greek text revised by Westcott and Hort (1948 reprint) a literal word-for-word translation into English. During the past 34 years the New World Translation has been translated in part or in its entirety into ten other languages, with a total printing
and distribution surpassing 39 million.
This new edition is not just a refinement of the translated text beyond its already previous revisions, but it has been expanded to include a complete updating and revision of the marginal (cross) references that were initially presented in English, from 1950 to 1960.
This 1984 revision has been released by us to the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania for printing, translation into other leading languages and distribution. We thus make it available with a deep sense of gratitude to the Divine Author of the Holy Scriptures, who has so privileged us and in whose spirit we have trusted in producing this revision. We pray for his blessing upon those who use this translation for spiritual advancement.
New World Bible Translation Committee
June 1, 1984, New York, N.Y.

我要回帖

更多关于 the brave new world 的文章

随机推荐