if there weree smiling childr

> 问题详情
阅读理解 There were smiling children all the way.Clearly they knew at what time the train passed the
悬赏:0&答案豆
提问人:匿名网友
发布时间:
阅读理解&&&&&There were smiling children all the way.Clearly they knew at what time the train passed their homesand they made it their business to stand along the railway, wave to complete strangers and cheer them upas they rushed towards Penang.Often whole families stood outside their homes and waved and smiled asif those on the trains were their favorite relatives.This is the simple village people of Malaysia.I was moved.&&&&&I had always traveled to Malaysia by plane or car,so this was the first time I was on a train.I did notparticularlyrelishthe long train journey and had brought along a dozen magazines to read and reread.Ilooked about the train.There was not one familiar face.I sighed and sat down to read myEconomics.&&&&&It was not long before the train was across the Causeway and in Malaysia.Johore Baru was justanother city like Singapore,so I was tired of looking at the crowds of people as they hurried past.As wewent beyond the city, I watched the straight rows of rubber trees and miles and miles of green.Then thefirst village came into sight.Immediately I came alive;I decided to wave back.&&&&&From then on my journey became interesting.I threw my magazines into the waste basket anddecided to join in Malaysian life.Then everything came alive.The mountains seemed to speak to me.Eventhe trees were smiling.I stared at everything as if I was looking at it for the first time.&&&&&The day passed fast and I even forgot to have my lunch until I felt hungry.I looked at my watch andwas surprised that it was 3:00 pm.Soon the train pulled up at Butterworth.I looked at the people allaround me.They all looked beautiful.When my uncle arrived with a smile, I threw my arms around him togive him a warm hug.I had never done this before.He seemed surprised and then his weatherbeaten facewarmed up with a huge smile.We walked arm in arm to his car.&&&&I looked forward to the return journey.1. The author expected the train trip to be________.A. adventurous&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. pleasantC. exciting&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. dull2. What did the author remember most fondly of her train trip?A. The friendly country people.B. The mountains along the way.C. The crowds of people in the streets.D. The simple lunch served on the train.3. Which of the following words can best take the place of the word "relish" in the second paragraph?A. choose&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. enjoyC. prepare for&&&&&&D. carry on4. Where was the writer going?A. Johore Baru.&&&&&&&&&&B. The Causeway.C. Butterworth.&&&&&&&&&D. Singapore.
您可能感兴趣的试题
1完形填空&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&A Love Note to My Mom&&&&When I was a little girl, I would often accompany you as you modeled for fashion photographers.Itwas years later that I finally understood what role modeling __1__ in your life.Little did I know you were __2__ every penny you earned to go to __3__ school.&&&&I cannot thank you enough for&&__4__&&you told me one autumn afternoon when I was nine.Afterfinishing my homework, I wandered into the dining room where you were buried&&__5__ piles of lawbooks.I was __6__.Why were you doing what I do-memorizing textbooks and studying for __7__ ?When you said you were in law school, I was more puzzled.I didn't know Moms __8__ be lawyers too.You smiled and said, "In life, you can do anything you want to do."&&&&As young as I was, that statement kept __9__ in my ears.I watched as you faced the __10__ ofcompleting your studies, starting companies with Dad, while still being a&&__11__&&and a Mom of five kids.I was exhausted just watching you __12__.With your words of wisdom in my __13__mind, I suddenlyfelt unlimited freedom to dream.My whole world __14__.I set out to live my life filled with __15__,seeing endless possibilities for personal and professional achievements.&&&&Your words became my motto.I&&__16__ found myself in the unique position of being either the first(woman doctor in Maryland Rotary) __17__ one of the few women (chief medical reporters) in my field.I gained strength every time I said, "Yes, I'll try that."&&&&Encouraged by your __18__, I have forged ahead (毅然前行) with my life's journey, less afraid tomake mistakes, and __19__ meeting each challenge.You did it, and now I'm __20__ it.Sorry, got to run.&&&&So much to do, so many dreams to live.(&&&&)1. A.found&&&&&&&&&&(&&&&)2. A.saving&&&&&&&&(&&&&)3. A.business&&&&&&(&&&&)4. A.what&&&&&&&&&&(&&&&)5. A.at&&&&&&&&&&&&(&&&&)6. A.amused&&&&&&&&(&&&&)7. A.roles&&&&&&&&&&(&&&&)8. A.must&&&&&&&&&&(&&&&)9. A.ringing&&&&&&&&(&&&&)10. A.choices&&&&&&(&&&&)11. A.professor&&&&(&&&&)12. A.in danger&&&&(&&&&)13. A.weak&&&&&&&&&&(&&&&)14. A.came back&&&&(&&&&)15. A.hope&&&&&&&&&&(&&&&)16. A.constantly&&&&(&&&&)17. A.and&&&&&&&&&&(&&&&)18. A.description&&(&&&&)19. A.secretly&&&&&&(&&&&)20. A.doing&&&&&&&&B. played&&&&&&&&&&B. making&&&&&&&&&&B. fashion&&&&&&&&B. that&&&&&&&&&&&&B. to&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. worried&&&&&&&&B. tests&&&&&&&&&&B. ought to&&&&&&&&B. blowing&&&&&&&&B. chances&&&&&&&&B. doctor&&&&&&&&&&B. in action&&&&&&B. powerful&&&&&&&&B. closed down&&&&B. hardship&&&&&&&&B. shortly&&&&&&&&B. but&&&&&&&&&&&&B. statement&&&&&&B. curiously&&&&&&B. considering&&&&C. kept&&&&&&&&&&&&C. donating&&&&&&&&C. law&&&&&&&&&&&&C. which&&&&&&&&&&C. upon&&&&&&&&&&&&C. puzzled&&&&&&&&C. positions&&&&&&C. need&&&&&&&&&&&&C. falling&&&&&&&&C. challenges&&&&&&C. reporter&&&&&&&&C. in trouble&&&&&&C. youthful&&&&&&&&C. went by&&&&&&&&C. harmony&&&&&&&&C. hardly&&&&&&&&&&C. or&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. praise&&&&&&&&&&C. carelessly&&&&&&C. correcting&&&&&&D. provided&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. receiving&&&&&&&&&&&&D. medical&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. where&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. under&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. disappointed&&&&&&&&&&D. shows&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. could&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. beating&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. changes&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. model&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. in charge&&&&&&&&&&&&D. empty&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. opened up&&&&&&&&&&&&D. sadness&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. nearly&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. for&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. introduction&&&&&&&&&&D. eagerly&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. reading&&&&&&&&&&&&&&2阅读理解&&&&&Why play games? Because they are fun, and a lot more besides.Following the rules...planning yournext move...acting as a team member...these are all"game"ideas that you will come across throughoutyour life.&&&&Think about some of the games you played as a young child, such as ropejumping and hideandseek.Such games are entertaining and fun.But perhaps more importantly,they_translate_life_into_exciting_dramasthat teach children some of the basic rules they will be expected to follow the rest of their lives,such as taking turns and cooperating (合作).&&&&&Many children's games have a practical side.Children around the world play games that prepare themfor work they will do as grownups.For instance,some Saudi Arabianchildren play agame called bones,which sharpens the handeye coordination(协调) needed in hunting.&&&&Many sports encourage national or local pride.The most famous games of all, the Olympic Games,bring athletes from around the world together to take part in friendly competition.People who watch theevent wave flags,knowing that a gold medal is a win for an entire country, not just the athlete who earnedit.Forcountries experiencing natural disasters or war,an Olympic win can mean so much.&&&&Sports are also an event that unites people.Soccer is the most popular sport in the world.People onall continents play it-some for fun and some for a living.Nicolette Iribarne, a Californian soccer player,hasdiscovered a way to spread hope through soccer.He created a foundation to provide poor children withnot only soccer balls but also a promising future.&&&&&Next time you play your favorite game or sport, think about why you enjoy it, what skills are needed,and whether these skills will help you in other aspects of your life.1. Through playing hideandseek, children are expected to learn to________.A. be a team leaderB. obey the basic rulesC. act as a grownupD. predict possible danger2. The underlined part in Paragraph 2 most probably means that games can________.A. describe life in an exciting wayB. turn reallife experiences into a playC. make learning life skills more interestingD. change people's views of sporting events3. According to the passage, why is winning Olympic medals so encouraging?A. It inspires people's deep love for the country.B. It proves the exceptional skills of the winners.C. It helps the country out of natural disasters.D. It earns the winners fame and fortune.4. Iribarne's goal of forming the foundation is to________.A. bring fun to poor kidsB. provide soccer balls for childrenC. give poor kids a chance for a better lifeD. appeal to soccer players to help poor kids3阅读理解&&&&&One evening in February 2007,a student named Paula Ceely brought her car to a stop on a remoteroad in Wales.She got out to open a metal gate that blocked her path.That's when she heard the whistlesounded by the driver of a train.Her Renault Clio was parked across a railway line.Seconds later, shewatched the train drag her car almost a kilometer down the railway tracks.&&&Ceely'snear_missmade the news because she blamed it on her GPS device(导航仪). She had neverdriven the route before.It was dark and raining heavily.Ceely was relying on her GPS, but it made nomention of the crossing."I put my complete trust in the device and it led me right into the path of aspeeding train," she told the BBC.&&&&Who is to blame here? Rick Stevenson, who tells Ceely's story in his bookWhenMachinesFailUs,points the finger at the limitations of technology.We put our faith in digital devices, he says, but our digitalhelpers are too often not up to the job.They are filled with small problems.And it's not just GPS devices:Stevenson takes us on a tour of digital disasters involving everything from mobile phones to wirelesskeyboards.&&&&&The problem with his argument in the book is that it's not clear why he only focuses on digitaltechnology, while there may be a number of other possible causes.A mapmaker might have left thecrossing off a paper map.Maybe we should blame Ceely for not paying attention.Perhaps the railwayauthorities are at fault for poor signalling system.Or maybe someone has studied the relative dangers andworked out that there really is something specific&&wrong with&&the&&GPS&&equipment.But&&Stevensondoesn't say.&&&&It's a problem that runs through the book.In a section on cars, Stevenson gives an account of theadvanced techniques that criminals use to defeat computerbased locking systems for cars.He offers twoindependent sets of
both show a small rise in some parts of the country.He says thatonce again not all new locks have proved reliable.Perhaps, but maybe it's also due to the shortage ofpolicemen on the streets.Or changing social circumstances.Or some combination of these factors.&&&&The game between humans and their smart devices is amusing and complex.It is shaped by economics and psychology and the cultures we live in.Somewhere in the mix of those forces there may be a way fora wiser use of technology.&&&&&&If there is such a way, it should involve more than just an awareness of the shortcomings of ourmachines.After all, we have lived with them for thousands of years.They have probably been fooling usfor just as long.1. What did Paula Ceely think was the cause of her accident?A. She was not familiar with the road.B. It was dark and raining heavily then.C. The railway workers failed to give the signal.D. Her GPS device didn't tell her about the crossing.2. The phrase"near miss" (Paragraph 2 ) can best be replaced by ________.A. close hit&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. heavy lossC. narrow escape&&&&&&&&&&&&D. big mistake3. Which of the following would Rick Stevenson most probably agree with?A. Modern technology is what we can't live without.B. Digital technology often falls short of our expectation.C. Digital devices are more reliable than they used to be.D. GPS error is not the only cause for Ceely's accident.4. In the writer's opinion, Stevenson's argument is ________.A. onesided&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. reasonableC. puzzling&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. wellbased4完形填空&&&&When high school started, Becky and I became best friends.We __1__ many interests and quicklybecame inseparable.When high school ended, we both cried __2__ we would attend different collegesin the fall.&&&&Our first term of university life was __3__.We had a telephone bill and our emails were incredibly long.In the second term I found some new friends with whom I felt very __4__.These were friends with whomI could be myself and __5__ out my feelings.I was eager to share my new friends with Becky.&&&&When Becky finally visited me at my school, we were excited.She __6__ a toy bear to me as apresent and told me about her college life.However, something unexpected happened when I __7__ herto my new friends.Her eyes grew dark and I could see the __8__ within them.My new friends tried toshare their friendship, but Becky seemed __9__ to accept it.I didn't understand __10__ the people Iloved most couldn't love each other.&&&&Becky __11__.I knew she was not happy.I thought long about what had happened.After manyunanswered questions, I understood that she was __12__.She saw me with my new friends and __13__that we no longer shared the same experiences.She saw all the fun I was having __14__ her and wishedshe could be a part of it.She wished she could be in their position.&&&&I wrote a letter to Becky __15__ she's always my best friend.I told her everyone had friends fromhome and friends from school, and all the friends were indeed life's greatest __16__.Becky wrote meback soon.She was in __17__ and felt sorry about what she had done.&&&&I think Becky and I both learn an important lesson from it.__18__ can influence our friendship andchange the experiences we've shared.We are now walking on two different paths of __19__.While newfriends are special and exciting, old friends are always there, __20__ to share their heart and soul, nomatter how far apart.(&&&&)1. A. showed&&&&&&(&&&&)2. A. because&&&&&&(&&&&)3. A. modern&&&&&&(&&&&)4. A. anxious&&&&&&(&&&&)5. A. figure&&&&&&(&&&&)6. A. brought&&&&&&(&&&&)7. A. admitted&&&&(&&&&)8. A. concern&&&&&&(&&&&)9. A. cautious&&&&(&&&&)10. A. how&&&&&&&&(&&&&)11. A. started&&&&(&&&&)12. A. aggressive&&(&&&&)13. A. regretted&&(&&&&)14. A. for&&&&&&&&(&&&&)15. A. recognizing(&&&&)16. A. gift&&&&&&&&(&&&&)17. A. sympathy&&&&(&&&&)18. A. Nothing&&&&(&&&&)19. A. happiness&&(&&&&)20. A. choosing&&&&B. developed&&&&B. unless&&&&&&B. peaceful&&&&B. comfortable&&B. make&&&&&&&&B. returned&&&&B. mentioned&&&&B. doubt&&&&&&&&B. unwilling&&&&B. why&&&&&&&&&&B. remained&&&&B. jealous&&&&&&B. wondered&&&&B. from&&&&&&&&B. predicting&&B. spirit&&&&&&B. agreement&&&&B. Anything&&&&B. success&&&&&&B. waiting&&&&&&C. protected&&C. although&&&&C. normal&&&&&&C. familiar&&&&C. pour&&&&&&&&C. donated&&&&C. introduced&&C. curiosity&&C. ashamed&&&&C. that&&&&&&&&C. left&&&&&&&&C. angry&&&&&&C. promised&&&&C. without&&&&C. assuring&&&&C. achievementC. surprise&&&&C. Something&&C. research&&&&C. planning&&&&D. shared&&&&&&&&&&D. while&&&&&&&&&&&&D. hard&&&&&&&&&&&&D. strange&&&&&&&&&&D. hold&&&&&&&&&&&&D. recommended&&&&&&D. referred&&&&&&&&D. hurt&&&&&&&&&&&&D. calm&&&&&&&&&&&&D. whether&&&&&&&&&&D. started&&&&&&&&&&D. proud&&&&&&&&&&&&D. proved&&&&&&&&&&D. across&&&&&&&&&&D. explaining&&&&&&D. sign&&&&&&&&&&&&D. disappointment&&D. Everything&&&&&&D. life&&&&&&&&&&&&D. demanding&&&&&&&&
我有更好的答案
请先输入下方的验证码查看最佳答案
图形验证:
验证码提交中……
找答案会员
享三项特权
找答案会员
享三项特权
找答案会员
享三项特权
选择支付方式:
支付宝付款
郑重提醒:支付后,系统自动为您完成注册
请使用微信扫码支付(元)
支付后,系统自动为您完成注册
遇到问题请联系在线客服QQ:
请您不要关闭此页面,支付完成后点击支付完成按钮
遇到问题请联系在线客服QQ:
恭喜您!升级VIP会员成功
常用邮箱:
用于找回密码
确认密码:阅读理解 There were smiling children all the way.Clearly they knew at what time the train passed their homes and they made it their business to stand along the railway, wave to complete strangers and che 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
阅读理解&&&&& There were smiling children all the way.Clearly they knew at what time the train passed their homes and they made it their business to stand along the railway, wave to complete strangers and cheer them up as they rushed towards Penang.Often whole families stood outside their homes and waved and smiled as if those on the trains were their favorite relatives.This is the simple village people of Malaysia.I was moved.&&&&& I had always traveled to Malaysia by plane or car,so this was the first time I was on a train.I did not particularly relish the long train journey and had brought along a dozen magazines to read and reread.I looked about the train.There was not one familiar face.I sighed and sat down to read my Economics.&&&&& It was not long before the train was across the Causeway and in Malaysia.Johore Baru was just another city like Singapore,so I was tired of looking at the crowds of people as they hurried past.As we went beyond the city, I watched the straight rows of rubber trees and miles and miles of green.Then the first village came into sight.Immediately I came alive;I decided to wave back.&&&&& From then on my journey became interesting.I threw my magazines into the waste basket and decided to join in Malaysian life.Then everything came alive.The mountains seemed to speak to me.Even the trees were smiling.I stared at everything as if I was looking at it for the first time.&&&&& The day passed fast and I even forgot to have my lunch until I felt hungry.I looked at my watch and was surprised that it was 3:00 pm.Soon the train pulled up at Butterworth.I looked at the people all around me.They all looked beautiful.When my uncle arrived with a smile, I threw my arms around him to give him a warm hug.I had never done this before.He seemed surprised and then his weatherbeaten face warmed up with a huge smile.We walked arm in arm to his car.&&&& I looked forward to the return journey.1. The author expected the train trip to be________.A. adventurous&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. pleasantC. exciting&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. dull2. What did the author remember most fondly of her train trip?A. The friendly country people.B. The mountains along the way.C. The crowds of people in the streets.D. The simple lunch served on the train.3. Which of the following words can best take the place of the word "relish" in the second paragraph?A. choose&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. enjoyC. prepare for&&&&&&D. carry on4. Where was the writer going?A. Johore Baru.&&&&&&&&&&B. The Causeway.C. Butterworth.&&&&&&&&&D. Singapore.
1-4: DABC
科目:高中英语
来源:活题巧解巧练·高一英语(下)
The Musical Heart
  This is the story of a small boy, who lived a long time ago in Germany . His name was George Frederick Handle .
  As a very young boy, he loved music most. But his father didn't allow him to play any music.
  Then one day he waited until he was all alone at home. Quickly he ran to his hiding place, he and a friend carried a small piano into the house. He decided to put it in his hiding place. There no one could see it.
  That night, when everyone else wag asleep, he went to his hiding place. The moon was shining through a broken window. He sat on a box and began to play the piano. At that moment he knew he could only be happy playing music the rest of his life.
  He played on and on, and he filled his house with his music. “George!” cried his father, “What are you doing? Stop that playing now! ”
  The music stopped. George had tears in his eyes. Then he turned to his father and said, “Papa, you must understand I love music. It is my whole life.”
  “Now listen to me, you foolish boy,” said Mr. Handle, “I want you to be a rich man. I want you to work hard. 1 don't want you to be a poor man all your life. You must leave music and become a doctor. Don't let me see you at the piano again.”
  One day George found his way to church. He went straight to the organ(管风琴)and began to play it . He was only seven years old then. The story of his music spread in his town.
  When the Duke heard the story, he said, “This boy must have the best music teacher. ” So George began to take music lessons.
  George's teacher was very good. He taught George well and helped him write his own music. George became famous when he was eleven years old. Now his music is played all over the world.
1.Why didn't George listen to his father?
A.He deeply loved music .
B.He didn't think his father was right.
C.He didn't want to go to school.
D.Music could make him rich.
2.What did George's father want him to be?
A.A businessman.
B.A teacher.
C.A doctor.
D.A musician.
3.“Duke” is probably ________.
A.a doctor
B.a nobleman
C.a good music teacher
D.a shop manager
4.The title “The Musical Heart” means ________.
A.George began to play the piano when he was very young.
B.George played the piano pretty well .
C.George was a good music teacher.
D.George regarded music as his life and put his heart into it.
来源:英语教研室
The editor must never forget that the success
of any newspaper depends on advertising. He is usually anxious to keep the good
will of local businessmen for this reason. But if the newspaper is well written
and the news items have been carefully chosen to attract local readers, the
businessmen are thankful for the opportunity to keep their products in the
public eye.
Local newspapers do not often comment on
problems of national importance and editors rarely take sides on political
questions. But they can often be of service to the community in expressing
public feeling on local issues. A newspaper can sometimes persuade the council
to take action to provide better shopping facilities, improve transport in the
area and preserve local monuments and places of interest.
These papers often sound rather dull and it
seems surprising that they all make a profit, but for many people in small
towns and villages the death of someone known to them or the fix of traffic
lights at a busy corner nearby can sometimes be more important than a disaster
in a foreign country.
1. What should the editor remember according to the first paragraph?
&& A. Money.            &&
B. Newspaper.
C. People.            &
&D. Advertising.
2. What is the local newspapers' attitude on national political
questions?
&& A. They seldom have
their own ideas.
&& B. They often
express their ideas.
&& C. They are against
&& D. They are for
another side.
3. Do businessmen like the local newspapers?
&& A. No, they are for
&& B. Yes, from the
advertising on the newspapers they can sell well.
&& C. Yes, they can
write for the newspaper.
&& D. No, they can't
get much money from the newspaper.
4. A local newspaper can persuade the council ________.
& A. to provide better
shopping facilities
& B. to preserve local
& C. to improve transport
in the area
& D. all above
来源:江苏省木渎高级中学2010届高三下学期课堂测试练习试题英语(二)
题型:阅读理解
III.阅读理解The blue tits(山雀) have been inspecting the nest-box again this year. The male is the house-hunter but the female will make the final choice. He lands at the hole and turns his head to expose his white cheeks as a signal to attract the female from where she has been feeding. Among many birds that nest in holes, the male has a light-coloured patch on its plumage(鸟羽) which acts as signal for drawing the female’s attention to a suitable nesting-place. Unlike the blue tit, the redstart(红尾鸲) may be only the male that strikingly coloured and the female is not beautiful. A few years ago I was lucky enough to spot a pair of redstarts in action in a Walsh wood. The male was leading an interested female to holes that he had previously(先前) checked out. He sat at the entrance of each hole and put his head on to show off his white forehead, or his head in to reveal(显露) his tail. If the female failed to react to his visual signals, the male sometimes sang for extra effect, while gliding towards her on spread wings and tail. Once the female accepts by following the male through the hole the displays stop, you must be at the right place at the right time to watch them. 36. How do the blue tits choose their nest?A. They choose their nest together.&&&&&B. The male chooses their nest. C. The house-hunter chooses their nest. D. The female chooses their nest. 37. The writer was lucky to see ________. A. how the male made his tricksB. how an interested female played with the male happilyC. what the male displayed and won the femaleD. that the male tried his best but failed to attract the female38. You can spot a pair of redstarts in a Walsh wood ________. A. at any time&&&&&&& B. regularly&&& C. in April&&& D. occasionally39. The writer is probably ________. A. a bird expert &&& B. a bird-hunter&& C. a bird raiser&& D. a scientist
阅读理解&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
& &The easy way out isn't always easiest . I learned that lesson when I decided to treat Doug , my husband of one month , to a special meal . I glanced through my cookbook and chose a menu(菜谱) which included homemade bread . Knowing the bread would take time , I started on it as soon as Doug left for work . As I was not experienced in cooking , I thought if a dozen was good , two dozens would be better , so I doubled(加倍)everything . As Doug loved oranges , I also opened a can of orange and poured it all into the bowl . Soon there was a sticky dough (面团) covered with ugly yellowish marks . Realizing I had been defeated , I put the dough in the rubbish bin outside so I wouldn't have to face Doug laughing at my work , I went on preparing the rest of the meal , and , when Doug got home , we sat down to eat Cornish chicken with rice . He tried to enjoy the meal but seemed disturbed . Twice he got up and went outside , saying he thought he heard a noise . The third time he left , I went to the windows to see what he was doing . Looking out , I saw Doug standing about three feet from the rubbish bin , holding the lid up with a stick and looking into the container . When I came out of the house , he dropped the stick and explained that there was something alive in our rubbish bin . Picking up the stick again , he held the lid up enough for me to see . I felt cold . But I stepped closer and looked harder . Without doubt it was my work . The hot sun had caused the dough to double in size and the fermenting yeast (酵母)made the surface shake and sigh as though it were breathing .It looked like some unknown being from outer space. I could see why Doug was so shaken. I had to admit what the 'living thing” was and why it was there . I don't know who was more embarrassed(尴尬)by the whole thing - Doug or me.
The writer's purpose in writing this story is ___________
A.to tell an interesting experience
B.to show the easiest way out of a difficulty
C.to describe the trouble facing a newly married woman
D.to explain the difficulty of learning to cook from books
Why did the woman's attempt at making the bread turn out to be unsuccessful?
A.The canned orange had gone bad.
B.She didn't use the right kind of flour.
C.The cookbook was hard to understand.
D.She did not follow the directions closely.
Why did the woman put the dough in the rubbish bin?
A.She didn't see the use of keeping it
B.She meant to joke with her husband.
C.She didn't want her husband to see it .
D.She hoped it would soon dry in the sun.
What made the dough in the rubbish bin look frightening?
A.The rising and falling movement.
B.The strange-looking marks.
C.Its shape.
D.Its size.
When Doug went out the third time , the woman looked out of the window because she was ______________.
A.surprised at his being interested in the bin
B.afraid that he would discover her secret
C.unhappy that he didn't enjoy the meal
D.curious to know what disturbed him
来源:学年广东省中山市高三上学期联考英语卷
阅读理解&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& The easy way out isn't alwayseasiest . I learned that lesson when I decided to treat Doug , my husband ofone month , to a special meal . I glanced through my cookbook and chose a menu(菜谱)which included homemade bread . Knowing the bread would take time , I startedon it as soon as Doug left for work . As I was not experienced in cooking , Ithought if a dozen was good , two dozens would be better , so I doubled(加倍)everything . As Doug loved oranges , I also opened a can oforange and poured it all into the bowl . Soon there was a sticky dough (面团)covered with ugly yellowish marks . Realizing I had been defeated , I put thedough in the rubbish bin outside so I wouldn't have to face Doug laughing at mywork , I went on preparing the rest of the meal , and , when Doug got home , wesat down to eat Cornish chicken with rice . He tried to enjoy the meal butseemed disturbed . Twice he got up and went outside , saying he thought heheard a noise . The third time he left , I went to the windows to see what he wasdoing . Looking out , I saw Doug standing about three feet from the rubbish bin, holding the lid up with a stick and looking into the container . When I cameout of the house , he dropped the stick and explained that there was somethingalive in our rubbish bin . Picking up the stick again , he held the lid upenough for me to see . I felt cold . But I stepped closer and looked harder .Without doubt it was my work . The hot sun had caused the dough to double insize and the fermenting yeast (酵母)made the surface shake and sigh as though itwere breathing .It looked like some unknown being from outer space. I could seewhy Doug was so shaken. I had to admit what the 'living thing” was and why itwas there . I don't know who was more embarrassed(尴尬)bythe whole thing - Doug or me.1.The writer's purpose in writing this story is___________A.to tell an interesting experienceB.to show the easiest way out of a difficultyC.to describe the trouble facing a newly marriedwomanD.to explain the difficulty of learning to cookfrom books2.Why did the woman's attempt at making thebread turn out to be unsuccessful?A.The canned orange had gone bad.B.She didn't use the right kind of flour.C.The cookbook was hard to understand.D.She did not follow the directions closely.3.Why did the woman put the dough in the rubbishbin?A.She didn't see the use of keeping it B.She meant to joke with her husband.C.She didn't want her husband to see it .D.She hoped it would soon dry in the sun.4.What made the dough in the rubbish bin lookfrightening?A.The rising and falling movement.B.The strange-looking marks.C.Its shape.D.Its size.5.When Doug went out the third time , the womanlooked out of the window because she was ______________.A.surprised at his being interested in the binB.afraid that he would discover her secretC.unhappy that he didn't enjoy the mealD.curious to know what disturbed him&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 if there were 的文章

随机推荐