英语大佬帮我看看to bebe applied to doingg这样用是否可以?

英语大佬帮我看看to be doing这样用是否可以?_百度知道
英语大佬帮我看看to be doing这样用是否可以?
i am seeing his pretending to be doing the homework now,我正在看见他假装此时正在写作业,表示谓语动作和非谓语动作同时进行,是否可以这样用?
我有更好的答案
1,你好这句话应该这样说:I see him pretending to do his homework.所以Hi。What he seems to be doing now is wrong. 现在他似乎在做的事情是错的。to be doing 这种表达方式很少见了。谢谢,直接回答你的问题,你不能这样用。用to be doing造句的话,请看
为什么不能这样用?哪里用错了?语法嘛?语法又是哪里错了?没错吧,我的意思是,我正在看见,他正在假装,正在做他的作业,全部都是正在进行时,感觉你的句子并不符合我想要表达的时态内容
Hi,你好是语法错误。很抱歉,我没法长篇大论的解释或者在网上摘抄解释给你。你只要记住see sb. do/doing something.I'm watching a movie. 是对的。I'm seeing a movie 是错的。谢谢。
i am whatching his pretending to be doing the homework ,可以把,不过就是see强调结果,watch强调过程,事实上我觉得真没必要讲究到这种地步吧…这下语法没问题吧?
采纳率:61%
你光一个不对问题是哪里不对?为什么?
你想要表达的是什么?
我英语句子加上已经给了的翻译,加题目说明,你可以看一下,然后在问我
应该可以吧
应该…!?
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
换一换
回答问题,赢新手礼包
个人、企业类
违法有害信息,请在下方选择后提交
色情、暴力
我们会通过消息、邮箱等方式尽快将举报结果通知您。区分be used to doing和used to do_百度经验
&&&&&&&&&中学区分be used to doing和used to do听语音
百度经验:jingyan.baidu.combe used to doing和used to do是初中阶段的重点词汇意思差距甚大,但单词近似百度经验:jingyan.baidu.com笔纸百度经验:jingyan.baidu.com理解意思:be used to doing&表示习惯于做某事或习惯于某事& & & & & & & & &空格& & & & & & & & &used to do表示过去经常做某事be used to doing&表示习惯于做某事或习惯于某事空格I am used to cleaning the room. 我习惯于打扫房间空格You are used to playing game. 我习惯玩游戏空额be used to doing =get used to doing习惯于做某事used to do表示过去经常做某事 &(但是现在不做了)I used to go to school .空格I usde to eat junk food.空格used to be 表示过去是什么样的 (但现在不是)空格I used to be a bed student空格You used to be a good student初二的同学可以不看 &be used to doing习惯于做某事I am used to cleaning the room. 我习惯于打扫房间空格used to do过去做某事I usde to eat junk food.空格be used for doing &被用于做某事The computer is used for playing game.电脑被用于玩游戏空格be used to do sth &被用于做某事空格The computer is used to play game.电脑被用于玩游戏END百度经验:jingyan.baidu.com这个初三中考绝对会考的我特意打了空格就是怕同学们看混,用心背吧经验内容仅供参考,如果您需解决具体问题(尤其法律、医学等领域),建议您详细咨询相关领域专业人士。作者声明:本篇经验系本人依照真实经历原创,未经许可,谢绝转载。投票(2)已投票(2)有得(0)我有疑问(0)◆◆说说为什么给这篇经验投票吧!我为什么投票...你还可以输入500字◆◆只有签约作者及以上等级才可发有得&你还可以输入1000字◆◆如对这篇经验有疑问,可反馈给作者,经验作者会尽力为您解决!你还可以输入500字相关经验00000热门杂志第1期作文书写技巧940次分享第12期祝你好“孕”469次分享第1期当我们有了孩子338次分享第1期新学期 新气象169次分享第1期孕妇饮食指导551次分享◆请扫描分享到朋友圈中考英语非谓语动词总结(do/to&do/doing)
中考英语非谓语动词总结
  一.接动词不定式 ( to do/ do sth )
  1.like to do
sth&&&&2.like
sth&&&3.Let's
sth&&&&4.want
  5.want sb to do
sth&&&6.love
sth&&&7.ask
sb (not ) to do
sth&&&&8.stop
  9.tell sb (not ) to do
sth&&&10.watch
sth&&&11.It's
time (for sb) to do sth 12.help sb (to ) do
sth&&&13.help
sth&&&14.make
sth&&&15.decide
(not ) to do sth&&16.find
it +adj + to do
sth&&17.have to do
sth&&&18.try
(not ) to do
sth&&&19.try
one's best to do sth
  20.It's +adj +(for)of +sb + to do
sth&&&21.plan
sth&&&22.S.p.+be
a good place to do sth
  23.It takes sb +some time + to do
sth&&&24.send
sb to do sth&&25.invite sb
  26.forget to do
sth&&&27.live
to be +时间&&28.be able to
sth&&&29.have
  30.seem to do
sth&&31.get sb /sth to do
sth&&32.疑问词+ to do
sth&&&33.need
sth to do sth
  34.use sth to do
sth&&35.follow sb to
sth&&36.need to do
sth&&&37.a
good time to do sth
  38.the best time to do
sth&&&39.the
best way to do
sth&&&40.be
the first / last one to do sth
  41.would like to do
sth&&&42.be
excited /surprised to do
sth&&&43.be
useful to do sth
  44.be allowed to do
sth&&&45.allow
sth&&&46.It's
better to do sth&&47.It's
best to do sth
  48.take care (not) to do
sth&&&49.see
sb do sth&&50.why not do
sth ?51.have enough time to do sth
  52.too… to do
sth&&&53.not…
enough to do
sth&&&54.encourage
sth&&&55.choose
  56.wait to do
sth&&&57.be
happy/glad/pleased to do
sth&&&58.make
it +adj + to do sth
  59.be careful to do
sth&&&60.be
afraid to do
sth&&&61.It's
our duty to do
sth&&&62.used
  63.can't afford to do
sth&&&64.make
a decision to do
sth&&&65.have
an opportunity to do sth
  66.wait for sb to do
sth&&&67.would
do sth rather than do
sth&&68.would rather do
sth than do sth
  69.hurry to do
sth&&70.refuse to do
sth&&71.agree to do
sth&&72.pretend to do
  73.pretend to be doing
sth&&74.prefer to do
sth&&75.prefer not to do
sth&&76.prefer to do sth
raher than do sth&&77.be
willing to do
sth&&78.volunteer +时间/ 钱 +
to do sth&&79.volunteer to
  80.offer to do
sth&&81.rush to do
sth&&82.in order (not ) to
do sth&&83.be certain to
  84.be sure to do
sth&&85.make plans to do
sth&&86.go out of their
way to do sth&&87.lead sb
to do sth&&88.It's one's
job to do sth&&89.It's
one's turn to do
sth&&&90.urge
sb to do sth
  91.Could /Would you please (not) do sth
supposed to do
sth&&&93.warn
sb to do sth
  二、接动名词&&(doing sth
  1.like doing
sth&&&2.enjoy
doing sth&&3.have fun
sth&&&4.be
interested in doing sth
  5.Thanks for doing
sth&&6.look at sb doing
sth&&7.stop sb doing
sth&&8.stop sb from doing
  9.go + v-ing&&10.do the
(some )+v-ing&&11.What/How
doing sth ? 12.practice doing sth
  13.watch sb doing
sth&&14.find sb doing
sth&&15.mind (one's )
doing sth 16.can't stand doing sth
  17.think about doing
sth&&18.spend … (in)doing
sth&&19.finish doing
sth&&20.be busy doing
  21.keep doing
sth&&22.keep sb from doing
sth&&23.keep sb doing
sth&&24.be good at doing
  25.hate doing
sth&&26.There be +名词+doing
sth&&27.make a living by
  28.have a difficult time doing
sth&&29.feel like doing
sth&&&30.allow
doing sth 31.see sb doing sth
  32.by doing sth&&33.end
up doing sth&&34.do a
survey about doing
sth&&35.be afraid of doing
  36.be used to doing
sth&&&37.be
terrified of doing
sth&&&38.give
up doing sth
  39.instead of doing
sth&&&40.have
nothing against doing
sth&&&41.be
serious about doing sth
  42.have a chance of doing
sth&&&43.before/
when /while +doing
sth&&&44.start
  45.have a lot of experience doing
sth&&&46.prefer
sth&&&47.consider
  48.dream of / about doing
sth&&49.continue doing
sth&&50.put off doing
  51.be used for doing sth =be used to do sth 52.prefer doing sth
to doing sth&&53.without
  54.be comfortable doing
sth&&55.can't stop/help
doing sth&&56.look forward
to doing sth
  57.be against doing
sth&&58.have
trouble/problems/difficulty (in) doing
sth&&59.suggest doing
  60.be busy doing
sth&&&&61.be
worth doing sth&查看: 35753|回复: 105
中国城的白人黑帮大佬(完结,3.12 )
本帖最后由 bigsnail 于
18:21 编辑 龙腾网 http://www.ltaaa.com
The White Devil KingpinHow did ahomeless kid from Boston transform himself intoa major overlord in Chinatown's criminalunderworld?By 龙腾网 http://www.ltaaa.com
early one morning in Dorchester, Massachusetts,John Willis Junior gently lifted his girlfriend's daughter, Mai Linn, from hersleep. Willis, a burly 39-year-old with close cropped gray hair and bright blueeyes, had been away in Floridaand come back to celebrate her ninth birthday that weekend. His beautifulVietnamese-American girlfriend, Anh Nguyen, suggested they bring Mai Linn tobed with them so she could wake up and see his face first thing.龙腾网 http://www.ltaaa.com
As Willis lay there beside them, he appreciated how far he'd come. This waswhat he'd always wanted more than anything: a family and a sense of belonging,even if he had to find them in the most unconventional of ways. Willis was themost notorious gangster in Asian organized crime – and, even more remarkably,the first white man to rise so high in this insular underworld. He was oncejust another hockey-playing Catholic kid in this working-class Boston neighborhood. But now they knew himhere as Bac Guai John. White Devil.Starting in histeens, he muscled his way up through the ranks to become what U.S. AttorneyTimothy E. Moran later called &the kingpin, organizer and leader of a vastconspiracy.& His business was oxycodone, the opioid known aspharmaceutical heroin. In less than two years, he trafficked over 260,000 pillsup from Floridato the Northeast for profits of more than $4 million – though Willis putsthe numbers at &10 times that.& And like so many drug lords beforehim, he blew his cash on oceanfront homes in South Florida,sports cars, strip clubs and speedboats, and was, according to Moran, &avery dangerous, violent man.&This is why Mai Linnnever had a chance to celebrate her birthday with Willis after all. Shortlyafter putting her to bed, there was a pounding downstairs at their front door.&Stay in the room, stay upstairs,& Willis told Nguyen and her littlegirl. &I love you. It's OK. Don't come out!& Shutting the door behindhim, he ran down the steps to find dozens of armed cops in helmets andbulletproof vests.
-image[1].JPG (67.42 KB, 下载次数: 0)
16:09 上传
John Willis 和 Anh Nguyen以及他们的女儿, Mai Linn. Anh Nguyen所赠。龙腾网 http://www.ltaaa.com
Three years later, he's sitting in prison khakis across from me ina small room at the Federal Correctional Institution in Cumberland, Maryland,where he recently started serving a 20-year sentence for drug trafficking andmoney laundering. Armed guards patrol watchfully nearby. In person, Willis iscautious but respectful as he shares his story publicly for the first time, buthe's an intimidating presence nonetheless. On his left arm is a tattoo of a dragon, a koi, and, on his elbow, the Chinese characters tong fu, for pain.
&My life's beenpain,& he tells me in his thick Bostonaccent. &It hasn't been easy. You might look at a guy who's driving aroundin a Bentley and think that guy's got the world by the balls. But you don'tknow his mind, what he's been through. I've struggled for everything that Idid. Look at me now. I'm sitting in prison. It's not as simple.&
Don'tbe like your dad.&
That's what Willis' mother, Francine, always told him. Accordingto Willis, his father, John, was a hard-drinking carpenter who collected moneyfor the Irish mob. But after getting his life threatened for breaking the jawof one mobster, he left the family and headed back to his home state of North Carolina when JohnJr. was three and never came back. &I just knew that I didn't want to belike my father because I didn't want to be a drunk,& recalls Willis.&I didn't want to be abusive towards women.&
Though Willis wasn't told about his father's shady past orwhy he abandoned the family, he promised his mom, who struggled to support thefamily by working in a shoe store, that he'd never wind up like him. Growing upin a triple-decker in Dorchester, Willis fitright in with the neighborhood boys. Dorchesterwas a scrappy town, famous for producing gangster Whitey Bulger and, later, theWahlbergs. While Willis's older half-brother Ritchie and half-sisters descendedinto drug abuse, Willis channeled his anger into hockey, playing goalie sixhours a night and capitalizing on his hulking physique.
Though he never drank or did drugs, he had his dad's temper. Whena kid stole his sneakers in middle school, Willis beat him with a chair and gotsent to an alternative school for kids with bad behavior. After one of hisniece's friends kicked him in the groin, Willis, then 14, spit at her, andRichard, 34, hit him, knocking him down the steps of their three-decker home.&I hope you die,& Willis yelled at him.
Two days later, Richard dropped dead of a heart attack (whichWillis now thinks was brought on by a coke binge). Willis' half-brother's deathtraumatized the vulnerable young boy, who blamed himself for cursing him.Willis didn't get a reprieve. The next year, his mother had her legs amputatedfrom diabetes. Unable to maintain her job at Stride Rite, Willis skipped schoolto wheel her around the house and bathe her. She meant everything to him, andwas all he had left. But one day the next year while Willis was off with hisfriends, his mother died suddenly of a blockage to her heart. Willis broke downwhen he got the news. His father. His brother. And now his beloved mother.Gone. Just like that, the 14-year-old was alone. &It was tough, I ain'tgonna lie,& Willis says. &You grow up, you become a man, in anhour.&
-image[1].JPG (82.58 KB, 下载次数: 0)
18:07 上传
The house was in his brother's name, so he could remain there, buthe had no clue how to provide for himself. As far as social services knew, hewas being taken care of by his half-sisters – but they were living elsewhere,lost in a haze of drugs. Willis would come back from school to an empty houseand struggle to survive. It was the winter of 1985, and with no money for heatand no one to care for him, Willis slept under blankets in a chair in thekitchen, warmed by the open oven as his breath fogged in the frigid air. But asscared and alone as he felt, he'd rather suffer than take handouts.
He made sure no one would fuck with him either. Hethrew himself into weightlifting – and steroids. &He went from a chubbykid to a monster,& his childhood friend Sean Gaudet tells me. But he fitright in with his boyhood crew. &He was a regular neighborhood kid,&recalls another old friend, Brant Welty, &we all used to run around in thestreets getting in trouble.& Though Willis ate meals at friends' homes, hewas too stubborn and proud to take many handouts, and would rather go hungrythan beg. &I didn't want any help from anybody,& he says. Weltyhelped Willis cash in on his size by getting him a job as a bouncer at a club,where the teens lied about their ages in order to work. Breaking up bar fightswas a good way to get out his aggressions. &Johnny has a lot ofrage,& his cousin, Deborah Jelley, tells me. &He's never dealt withhis mother's death, never dealt with the fact that his father left.&
He made sure no one would fuck with him either. Hethrew himself into weightlifting – and steroids. &He went from a chubbykid to a monster,& his childhood friend Sean Gaudet tells me. But he fitright in with his boyhood crew. &He was a regular neighborhood kid,&recalls another old friend, Brant Welty, &we all used to run around in thestreets getting in trouble.& Though Willis ate meals at friends' homes, hewas too stubborn and proud to take many handouts, and would rather go hungrythan beg. &I didn't want any help from anybody,& he says. Weltyhelped Willis cash in on his size by getting him a job as a bouncer at a club,where the teens lied about their ages in order to work. Breaking up bar fightswas a good way to get out his aggressions. &Johnny has a lot ofrage,& his cousin, Deborah Jelley, tells me. &He's never dealt withhis mother's death, never dealt with the fact that his father left.&
-John-Willis-via-Deb-16-17.JPG (111.6 KB, 下载次数: 0)
18:08 上传
Sundays were Asiannights at the bar, and Willis was impressed by all the sharp-dressed young guyswith spiky hair and brick-sized cell phones, along with their fashionablegirlfriends. &They're gangsters,& his boss warned him, &whateverhappens, stay out of their business.& But one night when Willis saw a guywhom he says looked liked &a Chinese Rod Stewart& get maced by a bigKorean, Willis punched the attacker and pulled the victim away, rushing himback to the bathroom and flushing out his eyes.When Willis turnedaround, there were four of the guy's friends staring him down suspiciously. Forall they knew, Willis had attacked their buddy. But just as they were about toretaliate against Willis, the man barked at them in Chinese. On his way out, theyoung gangster, Vapeng Joe, or John Joe for short, handed Willis a card.&Here's my number,& he said, &if you ever need something, callme.& A few days later,Willis was down to his last 76 cents, having spent his meager earnings on food.He trudged through the snow to the home of his half-sister. But she refused toanswer the bell, and slipped a piece of paper under the door telling him he to goaway. &I didn't understand it at the time, I was a kid,& Willisrecalls. &She was probably getting high.& Too broke to afford a cabhome, he called the one person he could think of who had a car, John Joe.&Hey, white boy!& John Joe answered. When Willis told him he neededhelp, John Joe didn't hesitate. &OK,& he said, &where areyou?&Five minutes later,two BMWs pulled up with young Asian guys in stylish suits with spiky haircutsinside. &Are you John?& One asked.&Yeah.&&OK, come withus.&Willis checked for afamiliar face. &Where's John Joe?& He said.&Don't worry,we're gonna go see him.&With nothing to lose,Willis got inside, and they took him to a big house in South Boston. The many rooms inside overflowed like an Asian gangsterfrat full of young toughs and their girlfriends. &I see all these guyswith different tattoos, crazy haircuts, guns, all kinds of shit,& Willisrecalls. &I'm like, what the fuck am I doin'?& But John Joe welcomedhim inside.They gave him a plateof hot noodles. When they saw him struggling to eat with chopsticks, the gangmembers handed him a fork. They told him John Joe had said to &Stayhere.& As foreign as this new world seemed – the indecipherable language,the clouds of cigarette smoke, the Chinese gangster movies on TV — Willisdidn't hesitate to agree. It was warm in the house and the crew was treatinghim like family. He needed a home, even if it was just for one night.the next day, Willis was the only white guy among the young Asiangangsters at a small Vietnamese restaurant near the paifang gate in the heartof Boston's Chinatown.The neighborhood of noodle shops and fish markets was among the densest in thecity, with more than 6,000 people living in less than one-fifth of asquare mile.
John Joe and the others were part of the gang, Ping On, that ruledthe area's illicit gambling dens and massage parlors. The group had been inpower since the 1970s, when its notorious founder, Stephen &SkyDragon& Tse, immigrated from China. Sky Dragon had deep andstoried roots. Back in China,he was a leader in the 14K Triad, a faction of the country's organized crimeunderworld, with roots to the 17th Century.Tse came to America to make Boston a new stronghold,recruiting local immigrants and schooling them in the gang's maxims of familialloyalty and ruthless enforcement.
Ping On provided protection for local merchants, who let them eatand drink for free in exchange. Tse ran his prostitution and loan-sharkingrackets out of a Chinese restaurant he managed in town as a front. The gangcracked down hard on debtors, roughing them up if they didn't pay their bills.But they also stood by their own. When Sky Dragon was called before apresidential commission on Asian organized crime, he refused to testify – andwas jailed for not cooperating. But even with him behind bars, Ping Oncontinued to reign.
In Willis, John Joe saw something of unusual value to Ping On: atough but vulnerable young orphan twice their size who could providemuscle and loyalty. &Don't go back to work,& Joe told him, &fromnow on, you stay out here.& Then he gave him $500. &Throw all thisshit away,& he said, pointing to Willis's Southie getup of baggy jeans andhoodie. &They're going to take you shopping.& Willis got fittedfor Miami Vice-style customsuits, equipped with a pager and cellphone, his hair gelled into spikes. ThoughWillis had just met John Joe a few days before, he embraced the transformation.&These people took me in, took care of me, like, you know, I was theirbrother, their son,& he says, &So that became more important to methan anything else.&
There was nothing Willis wouldn't do to fit in with his newfamily. When they told him they wanted him to go learn the ropes in New York City, where PingOn had a network of connections, Willis happily ditched high school and hit theroad. But he had never been to the Big Apple, and the size of the place feltoverwhelming – not to mention he had to deal with the surreal experienceof moving to Chinatown. The area bustled withAsians crowding the markets, narrow noodle shops and neon bars. He shared asmall apartment under a Chinese video store on Canal Street with a few Chineserecruits, who didn't know what to make of this big white teenager in theirmidst, whom they nicknamed Bac Guai John.
Though his big size had made him a confident, cocky kid, he nowfelt ostracized, like the runt pledge of an alien gang. &I was the onlywhite guy,& he recalls. &In the beginning, nobody really spoke to metoo much.& Refusing to address him in English, the other guys laughed ashe struggl he might as well have been eating with hockeysticks. When they went out on the town, Willis would just quietly nurse hisCoke as the other guys drank and sang Chinese karaoke and flirted with thewaitresses. He'd never felt so far from Dorchesterin his life.
Then a few weeks later, in a foul-smelling Chinatownpig slaughterhouse, Willis got handed a gun for the first time as he trained onshooting homemade targets. He was a decent shot, and the grip of the pistol inhis hands felt empowering. Willis and the others got tasked with robbinggambling dens and check-cashing joints for brothers Peter and Jackie Lau, twoof the city's most notorious crime lords. Respected and feared, the Laus werepart of Hung Mun, a gang faction that ran nightclubs, drugs and robberies in New York and was in goodrelations with Ping On at the time.
Willis's first heist for the Laus didn't go well. Armed with a.45, he and his crew drove to a midtown sweatshop, where they were supposed torob the guy with the money going in. But the moment Willis climbed the stepsinside, he heard a deafening boom as a bullet rushed by, leaving a smolderinghole in the wall behind him. He fled down the stairs outside, shooting behindhim wildly as he ran. Though he and his crew escaped unharmed, Willis sworehe'd never be so unprepared and taken by surprise again. &I washorrified,& he recalls.
For his subsequent heists, he learned to wait outside until a guydelivering money in a suitcase approached the target – then attack. If the bagwas chained to the guy's wrist, no problem, he'd just whip out a machete andoffer to hack it off. Before long, he'd become so hardened that he could getchased by a rival gang of machete-wielding punks through Chinatownand escape unfazed. &You're scared, but you're not scared,& Willissays, &because you belong to something. . .you've just done something withthese people that are supposed to be your family.&
As his bond with his Asian &brothers,& as he calls them,grew, Willis dedicated himself to learning their language. Late at night whilethe other gang members slept, he carefully transcribed Chinese characters ontonotecards, which he carried with him and studied throughout the day — at theLaundromat, on the crowded street corners, at the noodle shops. With his othergang members only speaking to him in Chinese, he began learning more and more,and could soon decipher lines of dialogue from the many Chinese gangster filmsthey'd watch at the apartment.
As he began learning how to speak with the others, he adopted theprinciples of Asian culture too. After growing up with an explosive temper, heabsorbed the importance of what he calls &your face: how people perceiveyou, and how you react towards others. If you're disrespectful, people aregonna look at you as a hot-headed, foolish person.& He learned respect forhis elders, how he had to let them eat first and pour them tea – facing thespout away from them, and holding his fingers just so under the teacups. Onenight, he finally mustered the courage to take the microphone at the Karaokebar, and impressed his brothers by belting out his favorite Chinese pop song,which he had learned on his Walkman by heart.
By 1990, after nearlytwo years of ingratiating himself in New York,Bac Guai John, now a respected member of the gang, was called back to Boston. But he would notbe going back empty-handed. Though the Asian gangs shied away from dealingdrugs because of the heat they brought, Willis agreed to deliver some cokefor a brother on the side. Before he hit the road, Jackie Lau took him for hisfirst visit to a Buddhist temple. Willis prayed for safety. A priest blessed aBuddha necklace and strung it around Willis' thick neck. The moment feltstrange for a Catholic boy from Dorchester,but &I was very open to it,& he says. &It was part of theculture. If you're gonna learn the culture, you gotta learn every aspect of theculture.&On the drive back,Willis fell asleep at the wheel, and the car careened off the interstate into awall. Willis came to several feet away from the car, which had flipped upsidedown. He stumbled back to find his friend inside, bruised but safe. Remarkably,he was unscathed too. &It was like something had picked me up,& herecalls with wonder. Though the Buddha around his neck was gone, it seemed tohave done its job. &Whoa, this is crazy,& Willis thought, &thisis an omen.& He made it back to Bostonthe next day. With the coke intact.when Willis returned to Dorchester,his friends marveled at his bizarre transformation from Southie to Asiangangster. During a neighborhood basketball game in Dorchester,they were shocked to hear him speak Chinese on his cell. &Johnny waswalking around the yard and acting like a tough guy on the phone,& recallsGaudet. &We were like, 'What? He speaks Chinese?'&
&He was eating Asian food and listening to Asian singers,& Jelley,his cousin, recalls. &I thought, 'Who in the hell is this child?'&
After being in New York, Boston seemeddifferent to Willis, too – smaller, and, in Chinatown,less organized. With Sky Dragon now having fled to Hong Kong after his jail sentence, there was a new leader in charge:Tan Ngo, nicknamed Bike Ming. A short, middle-aged Vietnamese-born Chinese manwho walked with a limp, Ming ran the Hoi Ping Association, a gambling den inthe heart of Chinatown. With his high profile,he'd been the target of attacks – according to Willis, Molotov cocktails thrownat his house, gasoline doused on his cars. He needed a bodyguard and someone toenforce the bad debts. On the recommendation of the Laus in New York, he got just the man: Willis.&I could speak Chinese,& he says, &maybe he felt that that waslike a novelty.&Eager to provehimself with the gang in Boston,Willis devoted himself to being a reliable and hardworking enforcer. Willisalready knew how to fight from all his street brawls, and had taken karateclasses as a kid. But he had to practice the deferential behavior he'd learnedfrom the Asians in New York, fetching tea for Ming as he shadowed him aroundtown — and checked for car bombs, too. &I was with him everywhere hewent,& Willis says. &If he went to take a dump, I was in the bathroomwith him.&Willis was feelingmore confident in the Asian world, less a stranger in a strange land than apowerful young player ready to stake out his claim. One day, when he went tothe hospital with John Joe to see one of their brothers who had gotten his eyeknocked out of his socket by a rival gang member, Willis was shocked that noone was taking charge. For years, he'd stayed in the background, but he feltthe time had come to rise up.&What are wedoing just sitting around talking and looking at this guy, when we should beout doing something about it?& Willis told them in Chinese. The otherswere taken aback by his forthrightness, but agreed. He'd earned their respect,and now they were ready to follow him. Under Willis' direction, they trackeddown the rivals and brutally beat them down. &I just came from New York where if youbumped into somebody the wrong way it was a disrespect issue and then you hadproblems,& he says. &So I came back kind of amped up.& Though Willis' lifebecame more violent and dangerous, he believed that the ancient rules of karma,which he learned from Ming, were somehow protecting him. One snowy night inJanuary 1991 after shooting pool at Boston Billiards, Willis went to returnMing's Mercedes when he got an ominous voicemail from a friend. &Don't goto Chinatown,& his friend warned. Sixmembers of a rival San Francisco Triad had been executed in town, after the Boston crew heard theywere making a move for local control. &It went into basically full battlemode,& Willis recalls.Soon after, with thegang wars growing, he was on lookout for a one of Ming's gambling dens, when acrew pulled up and assassinated a Ping Onkingpin standing next to him. When one of the gangsters pointed the gun atWillis and pulled the trigger, however, the gun jammed. Willis feared Mingmight be the next target, and he was right. As they were leaving a wedding onenight, the police apprehended a sniper on the roof of a nearby building, takingaim at Ming, who escaped unharmed. But Willis was becoming more accepting ofthe worst possible fate. &If you get involved in this life, and that'swhat you did to get to where you're going, then you brought that onyourself,& he says. When asked directly about ordering a hit or playing apart in murdering rivals, Willis replies, &I've never been convicted ofkilling anybody.&With his growingsense of invulnerability, the rage that he'd been tamping back since his youthboiled to the surface. For the past few years, he'd been taking steroids, whichonly made his temper worse, he says. To protect his boss, he began roughing uprivals, and ensuring payback from debtors who owed Ming cash. Willis wasconvicted and jailed for extortion and then, in 2000, got five years fordealing heroin, serving at Concord state prisonin Massachusetts.But the time away only made him more determined. &I'll be honest,& hetells me, &to be away for five years, you sit in places like this and whatdo you do? You network.&
shortly after he gotof jail in 2005, Willis double-parked his Mercedes CL600 outside the 180 Clubfor a night on the town. Dressed in a black suit and chatting up the bouncers,he was waiting for some buddies when a Vietnamese kid ran up to him, asking ifhe could get his group into the bar. &Listen, go away,& Willis toldhim, but then one of the kid's friends caught his eye: a striking Asian girlwith long black hair and almond eyes. &It stopped my heart, she was sobeautiful,& he recalls.Willis told thebouncer to let them in, and quickly sidled up to her in the back of the bar.She was 19, 13 years younger than him, but he was smitten. &I justwant to tell you something,& he said. &You're drop-deadgorgeous.&&What are you, awhite kid with an Asian fetish?& she said.Just then a fightbroke out and Willis began barking out in Chinese, much to her surprise.&Oh, you speak Chinese?& she said, impressed.Her name was AnhNguyen. Born in Vietnam, shehad emigrated to Bostonwhen she was 10, and had recently had a baby girl, Mai Lin, but was no longerin touch with the father. Unable to raise the daughter on her own, she had sentMai Lin back to Vietnamto be raised by family friends. Soon she and Willis began dating, going to HotPot restaurants and Bruin games. He fell hard for Nguyen, who was moreinterested in him as a person than his status in Chinatown.&I'm not the type of person that was with him because of money,& shetells me over lunch one afternoon in Boston.&He's definitely a gentleman, he never let me open the door.& Nguyen appreciatedhis deep understanding of Asian culture. But after dating for a few months,Nguyen confronted Willis one day outside the nail salon where she worked.Nguyen had heard rumors of his life in organized crime, and had seen him comeback with bloody cuts on his hands. She demanded the truth. &I'm agangster,& Willis admitted.&No matter what,I don't want to know anything,& she told him. &Whatever it is you'redoing, I don't want to be a part of it.& But she trusted him implicitlyand the two soon decided that, together, they'd raise her daughter, whom shewould bring back from Vietnam.For Willis, the relationship felt like the final missing piece in his searchfor a sense of belonging. Karma had brought him the adoptive Asian gang, andnow, Nguyen and her daughter, a new family to build together on his own.But the more rootedhe became, the more distanced he became from the life he had once known. Onenight, he came out of a club in Chinatown tofind a drunk young guy urinating on the bumper of Ming's brand-new BMW.&Hey!& Willis yelled. When the guy turned around, Willis recognizedhim as a kid, Tommy, he used to play hockey with in Dorchester.&Oh, I'm sorry I'm not a big gangster,& Tommy slurred.As Willis angrilyapproached him, a van door opened and a bunch of other Dorchesterguys spilled out to surround him. Willis reached for his gun, but he had leftit at the club. Just then, he heard Ming and some other gangsters filing out ofthe club and putting rounds in the chambers of their guns. Willis ran up toMing. &No, no, no,& he told him, &it's my friend. He's justdrunk a little bit.& Ming eyed the white boys suspiciously. &Well,tell your friends to leave,& he said.Rumors spread around Dorchester that Willis had threatened to kill Tommy andthe others, and before long it was never the same going back to the oldneighborhood again. The pickup basketball games faded away, and his didn't seeany of the guys frequenting Chinatown muchanymore. One night, Willis pulled his new Porsche 928 S4 up to an Irish bar intown. Inside he found his niece and some friends. It felt just like the olddays. An attractive young white girl came up to him. &You're John?&she said.&Yeah,& hereplied.&I hear you're agook lover.&Willis eyed her. Thiswas it, he thought. He knew where his home was, and it wasn't here anymore. Itwas Chinatown.willis was in hisusual spot one day in 2010, hanging in the parking lot on Beach Street inChinatown, when a young woman nicknamed Baby ran up to him. &Someone wantsto talk with you,& she said.&Who?& hereplied.He went to a nearbyrestaurant where Ming wanted to introduce him to someone who had just come infrom China.&Do you know who I am?& the distinguished, large man in his sixties,who was surrounded by several hangers-on, asked Willis in Chinese.&Yes,&Willis replied, bowing. &I know you who are.&It was Sky Dragon,the legendary gangster who had started the PingOn gang. He had been living overseas, but recently returned to Boston, where he had heard much about thiswhite man they called Bac Guai John. &Well,& he told Willis, &Iknow who you are. Have a drink with me. I'll buy you this one, Bac Guai.&As they shared tea and shots of Hennessy, Willis was in awe. Sky Dragon didn'ttalk business or much at all, he just wanted to acknowledge Willis, which wasmeaningful enough for him. &I felt honored that the guy had any kind ofrespect for me just being a kid,& Willis says.
But the 39-year-oldWillis was far from a kid anymore. After working his way up through the gangsfor the past two decades, he had found everything he'd lost as a child in thisother world: a family, brothers, a girlfriend, a daughter. Though he still hadlove for Ming, John Joe and the others who raised him, he felt like he'd earnedthe right to make his own moves and build his own business. He found theopportunity in oxycodone. A distributer in Cape Cod he knew had told him of the risingdemand for the pills, which now represented a $3 billion industry – nearly athird of the total prescription painkiller sales in the U.S. The hub was Florida, which boasted 90 of the top 100pharmacies selling the drug. Loose regulations had spawned legions of pillmills, doling out the drug in mobile MRIs and strip clubs, and earning thenexus of South Florida the nickname, OxyAlley.
Though Ming hadalways warned Willis to stay away from dealing drugs because of the heat they'dbring, Willis was willing to take on the risk – even if that meant keeping itfrom Ming and his brothers. So to build his empire, he decided to go outsidehis community for help. &I didn't want people that looked likegangsters,& he recalls. &I didn't want people that would beassociated with me, you understand? So I don't want nobody in Chinatown.I don't want nobody Asian.&Despite hisestrangement from many in Dorchester, he stillkept up with old friends, some of whom had long wanted to get in on hisbusiness. One of them was Brant Welty, his childhood friend. But Willis wantedhim to know what he was getting into. &You're gonna make a lot of money,or you're gonna go away,& he warned him. &One of two is gonna happen,if not both. You decide what you want do and do it.&&I hesitated atfirst,& Welty tells me, but he was envious by Willis' riches over the pastfew decades. &I saw that things were working out,& Welty says,&and decided to jump in.& Before long, so were about a dozen others.And with them onboard, Willis found himself in a role reversal, teaching theother Southies the Asian culture and values that had made him a success. Theymet in their Dorchester apartments to hash outtheir plan. As a sign of brotherhood, they got the same tattoo as Willis, theChinese letters for respect and loyalty. &If you put that on your arm,understand what it means,& Willis told them. &You got to respect andbe loyal to your family. If I treat you as a family member, then you got totreat me as a family member.&Working with contactsin South Florida, Willis and his crew would buy and package the pills in amansion they rented on the Pompano&&Beach waterfront. Using multivitamin bottles theybought at drugstores, they carefully replaced the vitamins with tabs of Oxy –then sealed them back up like new. By plane and by car,they'd deliver the drugs to dealers in Cape Cod, marking up the pills theybought for $9 to sell for $15 a piece. Before long, they were making as many asfive trips a week, with as many as 8,000 pills in tow each time, and Willis wascashing in. In Chinatown, the Asian gangstersdrove nice cars, but refrained from being too flashy for fear of drawingattention from the cops. But with that world far away, Willis got caught up inthe lavish South Florida lifestyle. He blewhis money on motorcycles, speed boats, a Porsche, a Hummer, a Bentley, anightclub, another mansion near the ocean. But he still felt the same oldemptiness inside. &Money, nice cars, big houses are nothing without theones you love,& he says.
In November 2010, theFBI was monitoring Wei Chen, a brothel owner in Cambridge, when surveillance picked upWillis' red Hummer out front of his place. Willis then emerged carrying a largebag of what agents later discovered to be pot. &We weren't targetinghim,& FBI special agent Russ Chisholm tells me, &he came to us.&And, soon, they were able to get a wire on him. &That's when the case spunoff onto Willis,& Chisholm says.Though Willis hadbeen on the radar before, the Feds realized he was running a serious game.&John was savvy,& Chisholm says. &He'd been in the criminalworld for a while. He knew about surveillance tracking. He was always lookingfor cars, and switching phones.& One day that fall, Willis was arresteddriving his Bentley in South Carolinawithout a license. But despite having $100,000 cash on him, Willis wasn'tarrested – tipping him off that that the Feds were possibly building a caseagainst him. &They let me drive away,& he recalls, &I knew rightthere I was fucked.&Back home, thetension was wearing on Nguyen, who tired of his burgeoning paranoia and longtrips to Florida.&We'd get into arguments a lot over that,& she says, &just thefact that he was away.& At one point, she threatened to leave. &John,don't you want to have a normal life?& she told him, &Don't you wantto have a simple life where you don't have to worry about watching over yourback?&But while Willisassured her that he wanted to change, he didn't know a way out anymore. Onenight, when his cousin Debbie was in town for a high school reunion, she toourged him to give up his dangerous ways. &You're going to wind up in acoffin,& she said. &You got to go clean, honey, because your time'srunning out. You made enough money, how much is enough?&after several monthsof their investigation, the FBI finally had enough to arrest Willis. The finalbreak had come in March 2011, when they arrested one of Willis' couriersdelivering oxy pills in Fort&&Lauderdale. Later that month, the Feds stormed Willis'home on the morning of Mai Lin's ninth birthday, and carted him away once andfor all.Last August, after pleadingguilty to conspiracy to distribute oxycodone and money-laundering conspiracy,Willis received his sentence. &Twenty years in federal prison iswell-deserved for Mr. Willis, a career criminal and the mastermind behind thisorganization,& said U.S. Attorney Carmen M. Ortiz. Twelve others havesince been sentenced for taking part in Willis's oxycodone scheme. Nguyenaccepted a plea for tampering with a witness and is now working at a nail salonshe owns near her Dorchester home as sheawaits Willis' eventual return. &Since the day I've been with John,&she tells me one afternoon over noodles in Boston'sChinatown, &the foundation we've alwayshad is our love for each other.& She still hopes they can eventually lead&a simple life,& she says. The two hadn't yetfound a way to tell Mai Lin that Willis has been arrested. &She thinks I'min Florida atthe house,& Willis tells me, as he wrings his hands in the prison meetingroom. And when I ask him what he would tell her if she saw him here, he tearsup. &Oh God, I don't know. I don't think I could talk. I'd probably cryfor an hour,& he says. &I'd tell her all the time I'm sorry that Ican't be home.&&So are you donewith this life?& I ask.&What life isit?& he says. &This is who I am. Can you go in the jungle and takethe stripes off a tiger? You can't do that. Drug dealing? Yeah, I'm done. Am Igonna change who I am? No.& Aside from being separated from his family,it's not so bad in prison, he adds. He reads books on Buddhism, and has takenup yoga. And he still gets to speak Chinese, he says. &There are otherAsians here, too.&白色恶魔金并(注:金并是漫画系列中的一个超级反派,最初出现于的漫画系列中。文章里的这个白人和漫画里的这个反派长相和经历都挺像。)
77c6a7efce1b9d166e8d570cf0deb48f8c546411.jpg (19.86 KB, 下载次数: 0)
16:24 上传
(漫画中的金并)一个无家可归的波士顿孩子是如何成为唐人街黑帮大佬的?之一在马萨诸塞州多切斯特市的一个清晨,小John Willis抱起酣睡中的女儿麦琳(Mai Linn)。Willis39岁,有着壮硕的体魄,灰白短发和明亮的蓝眼睛。周末他离开佛罗里达来此给9岁的女儿庆生。他漂亮的越南裔女朋友,Anh Nguyen,建议让麦琳和他们一起睡,这样麦琳一醒来就可以看见他的脸。尽管Willis就躺在她们娘儿俩身边,他依然对此非常感激。这就是他梦寐以求的:家庭以及归属感,即便他不得不以非同寻常的方式找到她们。Willis是亚洲黑社会中恶名昭彰的黑帮混混,而且非常显眼,因为他是第一个在黑社会中有如此高地位的白人。他也曾经是波士顿工薪阶层中一个爱玩冰球信仰天主教的普普通通的邻家小屁孩。但是现在他是以白色恶魔白鬼 John的称号而声名大噪的人。& &在他青少年时期,他就一心致力于成为美国作家AttorneyTimothy E. Moran称作“金平,黑社会大佬”这样的人。他的工作是贩卖 羟考酮,是被称作制药海洛因的类鸦片毒品。在不到两年的时间里,他在佛罗里达以及美国东北部地区共贩卖了过26000多片,利润高达4百万美元,不过Willis说的数字比这个还高10倍。像其他毒枭那样,他用毒资购买了南佛罗里达的海滩别墅、跑车、脱衣俱乐部和快艇。就像Moran说的那样他是个“非常危险、暴力的男人”。& &这就是麦琳很难和willis一起过生日的原因。Willis把女儿放回床上,楼下忽然传来一阵重击声。“呆在楼上”willis对Nguyen和女儿说。“我爱你们。没事的。别出来!“他关上身后的门,跑下楼,发现了一群武装警察。& & 三年后,在马里兰州坎伯兰联邦监狱的一个小房间里,他穿着监狱服坐在我面前,在这里他会以贩卖毒品和洗钱的罪名服刑20年。周围都是严密监视的武装看守。Willis很拘谨又很有礼貌,因为这是他第一次公开他的故事,但也非常的镇定自若。他的左臂纹着象征力量的龙,同时还纹着一条鲤鱼,象征繁荣昌盛,在他的肘部,纹着汉字“tong fu”,意思是痛苦。
& & “我的人生充满痛苦”他用浓重的波士顿口音告诉我。“这不是件容易的事。你可能看到一个男人开着宾利车到处逛就觉得他是人生赢家。但是你不了解他的想法,以及他的经历。我一直在奋力挣扎。看看我现在的样子。我成了囚犯。这可不简单。”
“别像你父亲那样。”
这就是willis的母亲Francine常对他讲的。Willis说他的父亲是个醉鬼木匠,还为爱尔兰黑帮筹集资金。后来他打伤了一个混混的下巴,并因此受到威胁后,就弃家逃到北卡罗来州,并且再也没回来,当时willis只有三岁。“当时我已经懂事了,而且我不想变成父亲那样,我不想成为醉鬼”willis回忆道,“我不想伤害女人”尽管willis没有谈起他父亲的阴暗过去以及为何抛家弃子,他向他的母亲,一个在鞋店工作挣扎着支撑家庭的女人,保证他永远也不会像父亲那样。Willis成长于多切斯特,他与邻家孩子能和谐相处。多切斯特是一个好斗的小城,它以黑帮大佬WhiteyBulger以及后来的Wahlberg而出名。willis的同母异父哥哥Ritchie和姐妹都因为滥用毒品而判刑,willis用打冰球来疏导愤怒,他一晚上可以当六小时的守门员,有效的利用自己庞大的身躯。
虽然他从来不喝酒吸毒,但却继承了他父亲的脾气。中学时曾有一个孩子偷了他的运动鞋,willis用椅子揍了他一顿,随后就被送到少管所了。他侄女的一个朋友踢了他的腹部,14岁的willis向她吐口水,34岁的Richard打他并把他撞下了三层楼的楼梯。“我希望你去死”willis吼道。
两天以后,Richard死于心脏病。Willis同母异父哥哥的死创伤了这个脆弱的男孩,他认为是自己的诅咒害死了他。Willis没有得到缓刑。第二年,他的母亲的腿因糖尿病截肢。由于母亲不能再工作,willis逃出少管所,用轮椅推着她在家活动,给她洗澡。母亲是他的一切,仅剩的一切。一天,willis和朋友外出时,他母亲死于突发心肌梗塞。Willis听到消息立马崩溃。他父亲,哥哥走了,现在连至爱的母亲也离他而去。14岁的少年成了孤儿。“我必须坚强,不能倒下”willis说“必须很快成长为一个男人”
房子记在他哥哥的名下,所以他可以继续呆在这儿,但是他不知道如何生存下去。社区服务人员了解到这个情况,他被他的同母异父的姐妹们代为照顾——但是她们住在别处,而且迷失在毒品里。Willis从少管所回来,独自在空旷的房子里挣扎着生存。那是1985年的冬天,没钱买暖气也没人照顾他,willis睡在厨房的一张椅子上盖着毯子,用炉子温暖自己,呼出的气在冰冷的空气中变成了白雾。尽管他害怕又孤单,他还是宁愿忍受这些也不愿领救济。
他肯定没人愿意和他在一起。他开始沉迷举重——而且注射激素。“他从一个胖小子变成一个怪物”,他的童年好友Sean Gaudet告诉我。但他和他的伙伴们还是相处的很好。“他是一个普通的邻家孩子,”另一个老朋友Brant Welty回忆道,“我们在街上乱跑到处闯祸。”尽管 willis讨厌在朋友家吃饭,但他还是固执又骄傲地不愿领取救济,甚至宁愿饿肚子和乞讨。“我不想向任何人求助,”他说。Welty帮willis谋到了一份俱乐部的保镖工作,当然为了工作隐瞒了年龄。在酒吧打架很好的激发了他的侵略性。“他有太多的愤怒。”他的表兄DeborahJelley,告诉我,“他从未从母亲的死和父亲的离开的阴影中走出来过”周日是酒吧的亚洲之夜,willis对梳着飞机头拿着大哥大带着时尚女朋友的酷拽年轻家伙们印象深刻。“他们是黑社会”老板提醒他,“不论发生什么,离他们远点。”但是有一天晚上,willis看到一个长得像“中国的RodStewart(注:一个英国歌手)”的人被一个大个子韩国人用辣椒喷雾器袭击。Willis痛击了行凶者把受害者推到一边,并迅速把他带到洗手间冲洗眼睛。当willis出来时,那个中国人的四个朋友疑惑的瞪着他。他们以为是willis袭击了他们的伙伴。但是正当他们要报复willis时,那个人用中文喝止了他们。这个年轻的黑帮大佬,Vapeng Joe,也叫John Joe,递给willis一张名片。“这是我的电话”,他说,“你有需要随时可以联系我。”几天后,willis只剩下76美分,他微薄的收入都花在了食物上。他冒着大雪长途跋涉到他姐姐家。但是她拒绝回应,只从门缝中递了一张纸,叫他滚远点。“当时我一点也不明白,我只是个孩子,”willis回忆道。“她可能发高烧了。”由于没钱坐车回家,他给一个可能有车的人打了电话,这个人就是John Joe。“嘿!白人男孩!” JohnJoe回话。Willis告诉他自己需要帮助,John Joe毫不犹豫“没问题,你现在在哪?”五分钟后,两辆宝马车载着两个身穿时髦西装梳着飞机头的年轻亚洲人来了。“你是John?”一个人问到。“是的”“好的,上来”Willis看到了一张熟悉的面孔。“John Joe在哪?”他说。“ 别担心,我们马上就能见到他。”已经生无可恋的willis进了车,他们带着他来到一栋位于南波士顿的大房子。很多小房间里挤满了类似亚洲的兄弟会成员的硬汉们以及他们的女朋友们。“我看见他们纹着不同的纹身,梳着疯狂的发型,身穿各色衣服,还带着枪”willis回忆道。“我喜欢这些,我他妈在干什么?!” JohnJoe在屋内欢迎他。他们给willis一盘热腾腾的面条。看到他用不惯筷子,就给了他一把叉子。他们告诉他John Joe让他呆在这儿。面对陌生的新世界——听不懂的语言,到处都是香烟,电视上播着中国黑帮电影——willis毫不犹豫的同意了。屋子里很温暖,黑帮待他如同家人。他需要一个家,即便只是一个晚上。第二天,willis成了这个年轻的亚洲黑帮的一个白人成员。这个黑帮在波士顿中国城牌坊门附近的一个越南餐馆里。周边的面馆和鱼市场位于中国城人口密度最高的地方,大约6000多人生活在不到0.2平方英里的地方里。John Joe和其他人组成了帮派的一部分。帮派的名字叫PingOn,掌管着当地的非法赌博场和按摩店。这个帮派始于七十年代,它的建立者是恶名昭彰的“天龙”Stephen谢,中国移民。天龙有着很深且故事性的背景。追溯到在中国时,他是三合会的一个领袖。三合会是一个始于17世纪的帮派组织。谢来到美国波士顿开辟新的分会,征集当地移民并教育他们忠于组织并严守帮规。
之四Ping On帮为当地商人提供保护,对应的他们获得免费吃喝。谢以一个中国饭店做幌子经营卖淫和放高利贷。黑帮压榨债务人,如果他们不及时还债就大打出手。他们也站在自己人一边。曾经有一宗亚洲黑帮犯罪案件,天龙当时被总统委员会传唤,但是他拒绝出庭作证——最后他因不合作而被判入狱。但是即便他入狱了,PingOn帮依然继续运行。
-APcrop.jpg (76.99 KB, 下载次数: 0)
18:47 上传
黑道大佬:天龙,Stephen谢
John Joe看到了willis对于PingOn帮不同寻常的价值:坚强但又很脆弱的年幼孤儿,他有亚洲人两倍的体型,而且忠诚。“别回去工作了”,JohnJoe对willis说,“从现在开始,你留在这里”然后给了他500美元。“把你这身破烂丢掉”他指着willis身上破破烂烂的衣服,“他们会带你买身新的。”willis穿上迈阿密风云式的定制西服,带上寻呼机和大哥大,梳上飞机头。虽然几天前willis才见过JohnJoe,但是他很快就接受了这种转变。“他们接纳了我,照顾我,就像我是他们的兄弟或儿子”他说“这比什么都重要。”没有什么可以阻难willis融入这个新家。当帮里告诉他希望他能熟悉下纽约的业务,PingOn帮在那儿也有业务网,willis高兴的从高中辍学并上了路。但是他不曾去过纽约,而且帮派势力范围的发展势不可挡——更别提他还没有消化好来到中国城这个离奇的经历。这块地方由于亚洲人商铺的大量涌现而繁荣,比如许多狭小的面馆和霓虹灯酒吧。他和一些中国帮派成员共住一间位于河道街的中国音像店下面的小公寓。这些中国成员不知道该拿这个未成年的大块头白人同伴该怎么办,给他取了个外号“白鬼John”。尽管他的大块头让他很骄傲,但是他感觉自己被帮派排斥。“我是唯一一个白人,”他回忆道“最开始,几乎没人和我说话。”他们拒绝用英语和他说话,有人嘲笑他不会用筷子;他可能用冰球棍也比用筷子吃饭容易些。当大家一起出去娱乐时,其他人都在喝酒,唱中文卡拉ok,和服务员调情,而willis只能在一边静静的喝可乐。他人生中第一次觉得离多切斯特如此之远。几个星期后,在中国城的一个臭烘烘的猪屠宰场,willis第一次拿到了枪,他要接受枪击训练。他是一个好枪手,一握住手枪就感觉充满力量。Willis和其他人被命令为Peter和Jackie刘这两个波士顿最恶名昭彰的黑社会老大抢劫赌场和支票兑现中心。刘氏让人又敬又怕,他们是HungMun(洪门?)帮的一部分,在纽约经营夜总会、贩卖毒品还有抢劫,而且当时与Ping On帮关系很好。
之五& & Willis的第一次打劫并不顺利。带着45口径的手枪,他和弟兄们开车到市中心的一间血汗工厂,在那里实施抢劫。但是willis走进屋,才上楼梯,就听见一声枪响,子弹直接射进他身后的墙壁。他顺着楼梯逃了出去,边跑边回击。虽然他和弟兄们成功逃脱而且没有受伤,但是willis发誓他从来没有如此惊慌失措过,“我吓坏了,”他回忆道。
& &后来,他终于学会要在外面等到对方从口袋拿出钱的时候再行动。如果包挂在手腕上,没问题,拿出砍刀直接攻击即可。不久以后,willis脱胎换骨成了十足的硬汉,他可以被一群挥舞着砍刀的混混追着满中国城跑还能淡定的逃走。“你可以害怕,但不能被吓倒了,”willis说“因为你是属于帮派的,你必须与弟兄们共进退。”
& &Willis和他的亚洲弟兄们紧密相连,所以他决心学习中文。深夜当其他弟兄们都在睡觉的时候,他还在认真的把汉字抄写到小卡片上,这样他就可以带在身上随时学习了——在自助洗衣店,在拥挤的街角,在面馆里,他见缝插针的学习中文。因为他的弟兄们只对他说中文,他开始学的越来越快,很快就能听懂中国黑帮电影中的对话了。
随着他努力的学习中文,他同时也逐渐适应了亚洲文化。过去他从小就是炸药桶脾气,而今他知道了“脸面”的含义“脸面就是别人如何看待你取决于你如何对待别人。如果你无礼,别人就会觉得你是个暴躁的傻逼。”他学会了尊重长者,餐桌上让长者先吃,给他们主动倒茶——不要把壶嘴对着人,手指放在茶杯底部。一天晚上,他终于鼓起勇气在卡拉ok厅高歌了一首他最爱的中国流行歌曲,惊呆了他的兄弟们。为了这首歌他默默跟着随身听学了好久。&&&&到1990年,在纽约待了差不多两年的willis已经以“白鬼John”的名号在帮里声名大噪了。老大召他回波士顿,但是他不想空手而归。虽然亚洲黑帮总是对毒品交易有所回避,但是willis决定给一个大哥带一批可卡因。在他上路之前,Jackie刘让他到佛寺拜一下,祈祷平安。一位僧人赐给willis一串佛珠并挂到他粗壮的脖子上。一瞬间,这个天主教男孩觉得有点怪异,但是“我非常适应这个”他说“因为这是亚洲文化的一部分。如果你要学习亚洲文化,你就要学习这个文化的方方面面。”回来的路上,willis在方向盘上睡着了,车一下子冲出公路撞进墙里。Willis被甩出去好几英尺,车也翻了个底朝天。他跌跌撞撞的回去找他的朋友,幸运的是他也没事。“就像是冥冥中注定的”,他回忆道。虽然佛珠丢了,但是似乎真的起了作用。“喔噢,真是神奇”,willis认为,“这是一个好兆头。”第二天他完好无损的带着可卡因回到波士顿。
当willis回到多切斯特,他的朋友们对于他彻底变成亚洲黑帮感到吃惊。在一次邻居间的篮球赛上,他们惊讶的听到willis用中文打电话。“他在运动场上走来走去,像个大佬一样打电话。” Gaudet回忆道。“他好像是在说中文?”
“他吃亚洲食物而且听亚洲歌手的歌曲,” Jelley,他的表兄回忆道“我在想这是哪个熊孩子?”
从纽约回来后,willis有点看不上波士顿了——太小,就连这里的中国城也一样,缺乏组织性。天龙出狱后就回香港了,新的大哥是:Tan Ngo(陈武)外号Bike Ming.他是一个矮个子,跛了一条腿的中年男人,同时也是生于越南的中国人。Ming经营着Hoi Ping协会,其实质是中国城的一个赌场。他的生意十分赚钱,所以他经常被袭击。据willis说,Ming的家被扔过燃烧瓶,轿车被泼过汽油。所以他很需要保镖以及帮忙讨债的人。经过纽约的黑道大佬刘的介绍,willis成了最佳人选。“我会说中文”willis说“可能Ming觉得这很怪异。”Willis急于证明自己的实力,于是他全身心的致力于成为一名可靠而且努力的帮派成员。Willis知道了如何在街道上斗殴,学习了空手道。但是他还需要好好练习亚洲人对上级表示恭敬的举止——如,当他跟随Ming到处晃悠的时候要随时带着茶水,还要经常检查是否有汽车炸弹等等。“他到哪我就跟到哪”willis说。“就算他要去大号,我也要跟着他去厕所。”但是willis不是普通的小跟班。他仔仔细细的观察了每一个黑社会大佬的言行举止。当他还是一个孩子时,他习惯用拳头搞定一切。但是Ming向他展示了“克制”的力量。“他教会了我很多东西:该做什么,如何去做,什么不该做”willis回忆道“他就像父亲那样教导我。”Ming告诉他要去建立信任和忠诚,对待弟兄要像自己的手足那样。行动上要果断坚定。这个年长的黑道大哥只用中文和willis说话,而且很钦佩他的恪尽职守,并给了他一个新的外号“龙男孩”。Willis在亚洲人世界里越来越自信,比起过去的懵懵懂懂,他如今已成为一个名副其实的年轻黑帮了。有一次,他随同John Joe去医院看望一个弟兄。这个弟兄的眼珠子被敌对帮派的人从眼窝里打了出来。Willis很震惊竟然没人对这件事负责。几年来,一直在蛰伏的willis终于感觉时机到了。 “我们怎么能看着这个兄弟无动于衷?我们必须为他做点什么!”willis用中文对弟兄们说。人们对willis的直率吃惊,但是赞同了他。弟兄们纷纷跟随他。在willis的指挥下,他们狠狠的报复了敌对帮派,并打倒了他们。“在纽约,如果你不小心撞到某人,就可能给自己招来麻烦”他说“我只是把这种感觉带回这儿了。” 虽然willis的生活越来越暴力危险,但是他相信因果报应的古训,这是Ming教给他的。1991年一月的一个冬夜,willis在波士顿打完台球准备返回Ming的奔驰时,收到朋友给他发的一条不详的语音信息。“不要去中国城”,他的朋友警告他。波士顿三合会的人听说willis他们要争夺地盘,六个来自旧金山三合会的人就被派到这儿了。“当时完全进入了战斗模式。”willis回忆。随着帮派的壮大,willis被派到Ming的一个赌场巡视。忽然一伙人突然冲出来要暗杀站在willis身旁的一个Ping On帮大佬。其中一个人用枪指着willis正要扣动扳机,但是枪忽然卡住了。Willis担心Ming可能成为下一个目标。果不其然,一天晚上他们正要从一个婚礼上离开时,警察在附近的建筑物上逮捕了一个狙击手,当时他正用枪瞄准Ming。幸运的是Ming没受伤。Willis已经逐渐接受了这种提头走江湖的命运。“如果你卷入了这种生活,那就想办法融入这种生活”当willis被问起要是被命令杀死敌人该怎么办时,他回答“我从来没有被判过杀人罪。”随着Willis感觉自己越来越强悍,一度被压抑的童年时的愤怒再次被激发了出来。他曾经注射过类固醇,这让他的脾气变得更坏。为了保护老大,他开始残忍的殴打敌人,对欠Ming钱的人大打出手。Willis以敲诈的罪名被判入狱。随后,在2000年,他又因为贩卖海洛因在麻省康科德州立监狱服刑五年。但是这些经历只是让他更加坚定。“坦白的讲”他告诉我“在监狱里待上五年你能干什么?拓展人脉。”
-RollingStone_WhiteDevil-845.JPG (161.65 KB, 下载次数: 0)
20:56 上传
2004年于波士顿警察局之七2005年willis出狱。一天晚上,他开着他的奔驰CL600来到一家夜总会。他穿着黑色西装,一边和保镖们聊天,一边等人。一个越南人跑过来问他能不能让他的伙伴们进酒吧。“听着,离这远点!”willis告诉他,但跟这个人一起来的朋友吸引了他:一个留着黑长直长着一双杏眼的亚洲美女。“我的心跳都要停止了,她太漂亮了”他回忆道。Willis让保镖们放他们进来,并悄悄的跟着这个女孩进到酒吧里。她只有19岁,比他小了13岁,但是仍然被迷得神魂颠倒。“我只想对你说,你真的漂亮极了。”他说。“那么你呢?一个白人亚洲迷?”她说。突然发生了一场斗殴,willis用中文高声喝止。这让女孩惊讶的不行,“你还会说中文!?”她的名字叫Anh Nguyen,生于越南,10岁时移民美国,不久前生了个女儿,叫Mai Lin,但是和女儿的父亲分手了。由于自己难以独立养育女儿,她把Mai Lin送回越南托亲戚抚养。很快,她就和willis开始约会了,一起吃火锅玩脑力大挑战。他爱上了Nguyen,她比中国城里的那些人更有趣。“我不是奔着钱才和男人在一起的”在波士顿的一次午餐后她告诉willis。“只要温柔待我,从不强迫我,就够了。”Nguyen对于willis能深刻理解亚洲文化感到由衷的佩服。但是在约会几个月后,Nguyen和willis在她工作的一个美甲沙龙门口当面对质。Nguyen听到了关于willis的一些谣言,willis参与组织犯罪,而且还好几次看到他手上有血淋淋的伤口。她需要真相。“我是一个黑帮”willis承认。 “不管怎样,我什么也不想知道。不管你做什么,我都不想参与”她告诉他。但是她相信他,两人还是决心在一起,她把女儿从越南接回来和willis共同抚养。对于willis而言,他觉得自己找到了寻觅已久的归属感。因果报应的道理让他成为被亚洲黑帮收养的白人大佬,现在,Nguyen和她的女则给了他一个家。但是willis越是深陷于现在的生活,他离曾经的生活越是遥远。一天晚上,willis从中国城的一个俱乐部出来看到一个醉鬼在他宝马车的保险杠上撒尿。“嘿!”他大叫一声。醉鬼转过头来,willis发现他是曾经一起打冰球的小伙伴Tommy。“哦,对不起,我不是黑帮”Tommy含混不清的回答道。Willis愤怒的走进他,忽然一辆货车的门打开下来一群人把willis围了起来。Willis想拔枪,但是发现枪掉在俱乐部了。这时,Ming和其他兄弟们也从俱乐部出来了,他们围成一圈掏出了枪。”willis赶紧走到Ming的身边,“不,不,不”他对Ming说“这是我的朋友,他只是喝多了”Ming怀疑的看着眼前的这个白人,“好吧,告诉你的朋友滚远点。”他说不久多切斯特就传出了谣言:willis想杀死Tommy和他的朋友。等到这个谣言传导willis的老邻居那里时,又完全不一样了。再也没有邻里之间的篮球赛了,以前的朋友们也再也不来中国城了。一天晚上,willis开着他的新保时捷928S4到一个爱尔兰酒吧。在吧里他看到了他的侄女和她的朋友们。就像回到旧日时光。一个漂亮的年轻白人女孩走近他“你就是John?”她说。“是的”他回答“听说你是亚洲佬的情人?”Willis看着她。这一刻他明白了自己的家在哪儿,不是多切斯特,而是中国城。
之八2010年,Willis在他经常待得地方,位于中国城沙滩街的停车场,遇到了一个外号宝贝的年轻女人。“有人想和你说话。”她说。“谁?”willis问他来到附近的一个餐馆,Ming想介绍一个来自中国的神秘人物。“你知道我是谁吗?”一位被几个随从簇拥着的身材高大气质高贵的六十多岁的人用中文问willis。他是天龙,一位创立Ping On帮的传奇黑道大佬。他居住在海外,但是最近返回波士顿了,而且听了许多关于这位白人黑帮的故事。“我知道你是谁。喝一杯吧,我买单,“白鬼””。他们一起品茶,喝轩尼诗,willis对天龙很是敬佩。天龙没有谈工作之类的事,只是对willis表示肯定。willis觉得这些已经足够了。“我很荣幸天龙这样尊重我”willis说但是39岁的willis已经不是个孩子了。过去20年的黑道生涯让他觉得他已经找回了童年时所失去的一切:家庭、兄弟、女朋友、女儿。尽管他还是很敬爱Ming、John Joe还有其他支持过他的兄弟们,他觉得自己有能力出去单干了。他在羟考酮(注:一种类似吗啡的成瘾性麻醉剂)中找到了机会。
一个科德角的毒品分销商告诉他这种药品的需求正在上升,如今已经是一个30亿美元的产业了——占到了全美处方止痛药销量的几乎三分之一。主要销售中心在佛罗里达,那里前100家药店中有90家都在卖这种药。宽松的法律导致这种药品泛滥。药品通过手机信息网和夜总会大量销售,南佛罗里达的销售联络点因此获得了外号——羟考酮小巷
尽管Ming总是警告willis不要搞毒品交易,因为这会给他们带来很大的麻烦,willis还是决心去冒险——即便这意味着要离开Ming和弟兄们。为了建立自己的帝国,他决定从自己的圈子以外寻求帮助。“我不想找那些看起来像黑道的人”他说“我不想要那些看起来和我是一伙的人,明白吗?所以我不要中国城的人。我不要亚洲人。”虽然他在多切斯特被很多人疏远,但是他一直和老朋友们保持联系,他们中有些人一直想入他的伙。其中一个是BrantWelty,他的童年伙伴。但是willis希望他知道他将要干嘛“你要么赚到大把的钱,要么滚蛋,”他警告他“这两个选择只能二选一,你决定吧。” “一开始我犹豫了”Welty告诉我,但是他羡慕willis的富有。“我知道他的钱就是这样赚来的”welty说“我决定入伙。”不久,又有一些人入伙。和这些人在一起,willis发现自己扮演了一个新角色:教会这些人亚洲文化和价值观,这些东西是willis成功的秘诀。他们聚集在willis多切斯特的公寓中制定计划。作为哥们关系的标志,他们纹上了和willis一样的纹身,代表尊重和忠诚的汉字。“如果你们纹上了这些字,请记住这些字的含义”willis告诉他们“你要学会尊重并且对家庭忠诚。如果我待你们如家庭成员,那么你们也要把我当做家庭成员。”和南加利福利亚达成契约,willis和他的成员们购买药品并在一栋位于Pompano沙滩边上的宅邸中包装药片。他们用在药店里买的维他命药瓶装药片,并贴上羟考酮标签——然后贩卖出去。
之九通过飞机和汽车,他们把毒品运送给科德角的毒品贩子们。毒品贩子以每片9美元入手再以每片15美元卖出。他们一周运送5批,每次大概8000片毒品,willis赚的盆满钵满。在中国城,亚洲黑帮们一面开豪车,一面又担心太招摇吸引警察注意。但是远离那个世界后,willis在南佛罗里达过起了奢侈生活。他买摩托车、快艇、保时捷、悍马、宾利、一间夜总会,还另外买了一栋沙滩别墅。但是他还是感到空虚。“没有所爱的人,钱、豪车、大房子都一文不值。”他说2010年11月,FBI正在监视陈伟(音译),一个坎布里奇的妓院老板。当FBI正在监视的时候,willis的红色悍马就停在妓院前面。Willis当时拿着一大袋东西正走出来,后来特工们发现袋子里是大麻。“我们以前没注意他”FBI特工RussChisholm告诉我“他自己送上门来的”很快他们就派人盯住willis了。“willis是这个案子的副产品” Chisholm说。尽管willis以前就被盯住过,但联邦调查局还是认为他在玩火。“他很机灵”Chisholm说“他坐过牢,知道如何摆脱侦查。他总是在注意车辆,换手机”终于有一天willis失手了,他在南卡罗莱纳州因为没带驾驶证开车而被捕。但是willis身上除了10万美元现金什么都没有——有人暗中告诉他联邦调查局在调查他。“最后他们放了我”他回忆“我知道自己被盯上了”回到家,Nguyen神经总是高度紧张,她厌倦了willis越来越严重的多疑和常常不在家。“那时,我们总是吵架”她说“他离我越来越远”她威胁willis要离开他“你不想过普通生活吗?难道你不想远离总是忧心忡忡的生活?”但是尽管willis向她保证他想改变,但是却无计可施。有天晚上,他的堂兄Debbie去镇上参加高中同学聚会,她极力的劝说willis放弃这种危险的生活。“你是提着头过日子”她说“你应该回归正常且诚实的生活,因为你的时间已经不多了。你的钱已经赚够多了,你还嫌不够吗?”Willis含着泪感叹自己给女儿树立了坏榜样。“这是我第一次看到他哭的像个孩子”她回忆道。也许这就是因果报应,但是willis感到无能为力。“我是个怪物”他告诉她“我不懂其他的生活方式。”经过几个月的调查,FBI终于掌握了足够的证据逮捕willis。最后一击是在2011年的3月,他们逮捕了willis的手下,当时他们正在劳德代尔堡运送毒品。当月底,在Mai Lin九岁生日的早晨,联邦调查局突袭了willis的家,并带走了他。去年8月,willis承认了贩卖毒品以及洗钱的罪名,并接受判决。“20年徒刑对于willis先生来说是罪有应得,他是一个职业犯罪者而且是他的犯罪团伙的幕后操纵者。” CarmenM. Ortiz律师说。其他十二人因参与willis的毒品贩卖计划而判刑。Nguyen接受了干扰证人的审判,之后在她自己开的美甲沙龙里边工作边等待willis的归来。“我已经和他相处了很久了”一天下午她在中国城吃完面条后告诉我“我们仍然相爱”她依然希望他们能最终过上“正常的生活”她说。他们还没有对Mai Lin 说willis已经被捕了。“她还以为我在佛罗里达”在监狱的接见室willis痛苦的绞紧双手对我说。我问他如果她发现他在坐牢的话他会怎么对她说,他哭了。“哦天啊,我不知道。我说不出来。我可能会大哭一个小时”他说“我只能对她说抱歉我不在家。” “生活是什么?”他说“这就是我。你能到森林里拿走老虎身上的条纹吗?你不能。贩卖毒品?是的,我做了。我会改变自己吗?不会。”除了与家人分离,待在监狱也不坏,他说。他读佛教方面的书,练习瑜伽。现在仍然说中文,“这里也有亚洲人”
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
金钱 +1588
鼓励原创,再接再厉
辛苦了,感谢翻译,羊年快乐
好看,未完啊……期待后边
原来是三合会啊,我还以为是洪门或者致公堂.
很好看,我知道你不在乎小钱钱,但是我只能.
本帖最后由 bigsnail 于
21:42 编辑 龙腾网 http://www.ltaaa.com
龙腾网 http://www.ltaaa.com
kingpin 本身就是黑帮老大的意思吧
两个意思都有,最后还是选择了 金并 这名字,因为金并这个反派在漫画里还是很出名的,而且和文章里的人很像。这个翻译应该不影响理解。