Idid you have lunchso much to eat at lunch 为什么要用to,不用行吗?

At my old school, I was treated badly by all of my classmates. So I had to eat lunch alone every day. I tried to reach out to someone who looked , but I was rejected many times, and I felt really Sitt 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
At my old school, I was treated badly by all of my classmates. So I had to eat lunch alone every day. I tried to reach out to someone who looked ______, but I was rejected many times, and I felt really _______ Sitting by myself was very ______, because many people knew I was the girl who had nowhere to sit. So there were many terrible feelings that ______ that experience.At my new school, however, I not only made friends, but found that something had ______, I felt that I should do something for those who had a similar lonely ______ at lunchtime every day. I didn’t want to be bad like the people who watched me eat ______. I felt like, with my story, it was my______ to stand up and express my dissatisfaction with the act of ______ others.As it seemed ______ to walk up to people and just ask them if I could sit down, I came up with the ______ of developing an app called Sit With Us. This method was much more _______ It worked via mobile phones, so no one else would know about it. Kids could ______up as members of a Sit With Us club on the website and ______ to post open lunches. ______, anyone who had the app and had nowhere to go could find a _______ Meanwhile, hopefully they might make some new friends.The app came onto the market______last week. I had my first Club meeting the other day, and everyone was very ______. So far, the results have been very _______ More students are posting open lunches at school now, I’m so excited that things are getting off to a great ______. And I hope nobody will feel lonely while having lunch at school again!1.A. kind B. patient C. brave D. determined2.A. lost B. down C. moved D. hungry3.A. pleasing B. puzzling C. dangerous D. embarrassing4.A. put up with B. made up of C. came up with D. came along with5.A. controlled B. noticed C. changed D. realised6.A. history B. occasion C. experience D. adventure7.A. alone B. lonely C. angrily D. happily8.A. duty B. chance C. belief D. business9.A. refusing B. protecting C. hurting D. cheating10.A. wrong B. important C. necessary D. impossible11.A. idea B. plan C. secret D. answer12.A. familiar B. suitable C. difficult D. harmful13.A. take B. sign C. come D. walk14.A. admit B. agree C. suggest D. manage15.A. Moreover B. However C. Meanwhile D. Therefore16.A. table B. lunch C. cell phone D. friend17.A. patiently B. regularly C. suddenly D. successfully18.A. worried B. excited C. shocked D. bored19.A. natural B. different C. positive D. popular20.A. plan B. start C. development D. position
练习册系列答案
科目:高中英语
来源:内蒙古赤峰市学年高二下学期第二次月考英语试卷
题型:阅读理解
Visitor Guide to Birch Aquarium General InformationThank you for respecting the health of our animals and the experience.◆ Keep voices low in exhibit areas.◆ No tapping on marine life displays.◆ As a courtesy, please silence cell phones.◆ Please use trash and recycling bins.◆ Birch Aquarium is smoke-free facility.PhotographyFor the safety of our live animals, please do not use flash photography. Visitors may be photographed or videotaped by aquarium staff for professional use, or by the media covering aquarium news. Entry into the aquarium grants permission for use of these images.RefreshmentsSplash Cafe offers a variety of gourmet, sustainable, and organic sandwiches, snacks, and beverages.Drinks, food, and gum are not permitted inside the aquarium.Restrooms & Baby CareChanging tables are located in both the men’s and women’s restrooms.Re-entryPlease keep your ticket or have hand stamped at the Visitor Service Office if you plan to exit and re-enter the same day , including visits to Splash Coffee Shop.Visitors with DisabilitiesSee the Visitor Information Center for assistance. All exhibits are wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs are available at no charge.Emergencies /First Aid/ Lost & FoundGo to the Visitor Service Office or alert the nearest staff member.Don’t Miss!Watch a diver hand-feed the fishes----including three species of sharks----during our Kelp Tank Dive Show.Learn about this unique and beautiful undersea world during a live, interactive presentation. After your visit, view the exhibit at home through our live, online Kelp Cam.1.Which of the following statements is TRUE?a. Visitors can attract the fish in the tank by knocking on the window of the tank.b. Visitors can come back to the aquarium with the ticket whenever they need to.c. Visitors are allowed to refresh themselves with snacks while enjoying the exhibition.d. You can’t smoke freely during your visit to the Birch Aquarium.e. You can’t take photos but can be photographed by the staff.f. Babies can get changed by either mother or father.g. The disabled have to pay for the wheelchairs provided by the aquarium.A. a b B. c eC. d f D. f g2.What does the underlined phrase “as a courtesy” probably mean?A. To save electricity. B. For your own safety.C. When answering the phone. D. As good manners.3.What information is necessary for visitors but not included in this Visitor Guide?A. Opening hours B. Animal FeedingsC. Membership Cards D. Volunteer Work4.In which section of a newspaper can we probably read this passage?A. Fashion B. TravelC. Sports D. Science
来源:2017年全国普通高等学校招生统一考试英语(全国卷3正式版)
题型:短文改错
假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有10处语言错误,每句中最多有两处。每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写出该加的词。删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。注意:1. 每处错误及其修改均仅限一词;2. 只允许修改10处,多者(从第11处起)不计分。When I look at this picture of myself. I realize of how fast time flies. I had grown not only physically.and also mentally in the past few years. About one month after this photo was took, I entered my second year of high school and become a new member of the school music club. Around me in picture are the things they were very important in my life at that time,car magazines and musical instruments. I enjoyed studying difference kings of cars and planes,playing pop music, and collecting the late music albums. This picture often brings back to me many happy memories of your high school days.
来源:湖南省业水平考试模拟试卷二(附中版)英语试卷
题型:书面表达
假如你是学校 Adventure Club的秘书(Secretary),你和社团主席(President)讨论Liu Dong的申请,讨论完后,请你根据对话内容给Liu Dong回一封邮件。Secretary: What do you think about Liu Dong's application?President: I think he's excellent. He knows how to organize adventures, and he knows a lot about history and nature.He once managed to arrange the trip to the Mogao Caves for him and his parents.Secretary: That's true, but I think he's too independent. We need club members who can work well with others.President: On the other hand, we also need people who know how to make plans and carry them out. I think Liu Dong can do that.Secretary: But if he is not friendly, no one will want to take part in the activities he organizes.President: You’re right. I have a suggestion. Let's offer him a trial membership for three months. We can ask him to try to be friendlier and more outgoing. At the end of three months, he can become a full member if we think he is fit for our club.Secretary: I think that's a good idea. Let's send him an e?mail.注意:1.词数100左右;2.邮件的开头和结尾已给出,但不计入总词数。Dear Liu Dong,I’m pleased to tell you that the Adventure Club has accepted you as a member. The committee thinks that you were very brave to arrange the trip to the Mogao Caves for you and your parents._________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Sincerely yours,Ma Li
来源:湖南省业水平考试模拟试卷二(附中版)英语试卷
The Mayan Indians lived in Mexico for thousands of years. The Maya were so bright that they achieved a lot. They had farms, temples and cities with many buildings. They knew much about nature and the world around them. This knowledge helped them to live a better life than most people of that time.In ancient Mexico there were many small clearings in the forest. In each clearing was a village with fields of crops around it. The Maya planted seeds after they cleared the land. A farmer was able to grow crops that produced for several people. But not every Maya had to be a farmer. Some were builders or priests (祭司).The Maya believed in many gods. They built large temples to honor them. Skillful workers built cities around these temples. It was difficult because they had to carry all of the building materials themselves. Today, many of these ancient Mayan cities and temples are still standing.Although the Maya worked hard to build the beautiful cities, very few of them lived in them. Usually, only the priests lived in the cities. The other people lived in small villages in the forests. Their houses were much simpler. Most Maya lived a simple life close to nature.Around the year 800, the Maya left their villages and beautiful cities, never to return. No one knows why this happened. They may have died from a deadly disease. They may have left because the soil could no longer grow crops. The lost secrets of the Maya are still beyond the reach of modern people. They are still one of our greatest mysteries.1.The Maya lived better than most people of their times because ______.A. they had skillful workersB. they believed in many godsC. they knew better about natureD. they could measure time correctly2.It can be inferred from the passage that ______.A. the priests were not highly respected by the ancient MayaB. the ancient Mayan cities and temples were well builtC. the ancient Mayan people led a happy life in the citiesD. the ancient Mayan people died from a serious disease3.The underlined word “They” in the last paragraph refers to ______.A. the Mayan people B. the Mayan villagesC. the Mayan cities D. the lost secrets of the Maya4.Which of the following would be the best title for this passage?A. The Cities of the Maya B. The Belief of the MayaC. The Maya D. The Buildings of the Maya
来源:黑龙江省2017届高三考前得分训练(六)英语试卷
Working Place:BeijingType:Project ManagementJob Purpose: Supporting team to reach out business targeting. Working closely with marketing team, using internal media resources to do project promotion on FTChinese.com platform. Developing and maintaining good relationship with 3rd parties. Main Duties and Responsibilities: Support BD director to develop new business income, including through content-related sales and e-commerce sales, to work with the other from the same team to get the target. As a key member of the e-commerce working group, responsible for daily operation of FTMall on Youzan.com. As a project owner, should well organize project timetable and deliver good result. Build up and maintain good relationship with partners.Working closely with FTC marketing team, ensure deliver good promotion result for FTChinese events and other be-spoken content campaign. Good ability to organize and maintain the database of delegate and speakers. Qualifications / Skills / Experience: Bachelor degree and 3+ years marketing experiences are preferred. Master HTML, Photoshop or software has priority. Communication skills – uses the efficient way to reach out target readers supporting projectsTeam work – good team work player, could work under multi-tasking. Influencing skills – excellent speaking and writing skills both in Mandarin and English. Project Management – disciplined with planning, organising, managing, leading, and securing resources to achieve specific outcomes well. Apply for this job please send your applications to
or click the link https://ft.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com1.This Job advertisement is looking for the person who is most ________.A. good at selling B. expert in educationC. skilled in management D. excellent in website2.Who get probably get the job?A. Tom, who is an American and can speak French wellB. Jack, who has a PHD and prefers working aloneC. Mike, who is good at software and works carefully and slowlyD. Amy, who has marketing experiences and can write in Chinese.3.Where does this passage probably come from?A. Newspapers. B. Magazines.C. Internet. D. Textbooks
来源:吉林省学年高一下学期期中考试英语试卷
Johnny Smith was a good math student at a high school. He loved his computer. He came home early every day, then he worked with it till midnight. But Johnny was not a good English student, not good at all. He got an F in his English class. One day after school Johnny joined his computer to the computer in his high school office. The school office computer had the grades of all the students: the math grades, the science grades, the grades in arts and music, and the grades in English. He found his English grade. An F! Johnny changed his English grade from an F to A. Johnny' parents looked at his report card. They were very happy."An A in English!" said Johnny's Dad. "You're a very clever boy, Johnny."Johnny is a hacker. Hackers know how to take information from other computers and put new information in. Using a modem, they join their computers to other computers secretly. School headmasters and teachers are worried about hackers. So are the police, for some people even take money from bank computer account and put it into their own ones. And they never have to leave home to do it! They are called hackers.1.Johnny changed his English grade with the computer in _______.A. the classroom B. his own houseC. a bank near his house D. the school office2.When Johnny's parents saw the report, they were delighted because _______.A. They thought Johnny was not poor in English any longerB. Johnny loved computersC. Johnny could join one computer to anotherD. Johnny was a good English student all the time.3.The last paragraph is about _______.A. Johnny B. hackersC. computers D. Modem
来源:山西省临汾市2017届高三全真模拟英语试卷
Blind imitation is self-destruction. To those who do not recognize their unique worth, imitation appears attractive: to those who know their strength, imitation is unacceptable.In the early stages of skill or character development, imitation is helpful. When I first learned to cook, I used recipes and turned out some tasty dishes. But soon I grew bored. Why follow someone else’s way of cooking when I could create my own? Imitating role models is like using training wheels on a child’ they help you get going, but once you find your own balance, you fly faster and farther without relying on them.In daily life, imitation can hurt us if we subconsciously(下意识地) hold poor role models. If, as a child, you observed people whose lives were bad, you may have accepted their fear and pain as normal and gone on to follow what they did. If you do not make strong choices for yourself, you will get the results of the weak choices of others.In the field of entertainment, our culture glorifies celebrities. Those stars look great on screen. But when they step off screen, their personal lives may be disastrous. If you are going to follow someone, focus on their talent, not their bad character or unacceptable behaviors.Blessed is the person willing to act on their sudden desire to create something unique. Think of the movies, books, teachers, and friends that have affected you most deeply. They touched you because their creations were motivated by inspiration, not desperation. The world is changed not by those who do what has been done before them, but by those who do what has been done inside them. Creative people have an endless resource of ideas. The problem a creator faces is not run it is what to do with the material knocking at the door of imagination.Study your role models, accept the gifts they have given, and leave behind what does not server. Then you can say, “I stand on the shoulders of my ancestors’ tragedies and stories, and know that they are cheering me on.”1.To avoid the bad result of imitation, we should ________.A. forget daily fear and pain B. ask others for decisionsC. choose the right example D. stay away from stars2.According to the author, the world moves on because of those who are ________.A. desperate to insurance others with their knowledgeB. willing to accept others’ ideasC. eager to discover what their ancestors didD. ready to turn their original ideas into reality3.What is the author’s purpose in writing this passage?A. To highlight the importance of creatively.B. To criticize the characters of role models.C. To compare imitation with creation.D. To explain the meaning of success.
来源:内蒙古学年高一下学期第三次月考英语试卷
题型:短文改错
此题要求改正所给短文中的错误。对标有题号的每一行作出判断:如无错误,在该行右边横线上画一个勾(√);如有错误(每行只有一个错误),则按下列情况改正:此行多一个词:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉,在该行右边横线上写出该词,并也用斜线划掉。此行缺一个词:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),在该行右边横线上写出该加的词。此行错一个词:在错的词下面画一横线,在该行右边横线上写出改正后的词。It rained very hardly last summer and the little stream near our house became big river. It burst through the bank. The fields all round was soon full of water. Luckily, the water didn’t reach any of the house in our village. But the bursting water from the river carried away our wooden bridge, that was over three hundred of years old. We were very sorry to lose the oldest thing we have had for such a long time. We will build a new bridge, so it will not be so familiar than one we had before!
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号Accessibility links
Can healthy eating be forced on children?
By Rajini Vaidyanathan
BBC News, Washington DC
These are external links and will open in a new window
Close share panel
Image caption
The school lunch at Woodridge Elementary
First Lady Michelle Obama has been at the forefront of the campaign to change school meals in America and fight childhood obesity. But can you force children to eat healthily? It's almost lunchtime in the school canteen at Friendship Woodridge Elementary School in Washington DC. Today's menu is potato ravioli, a romaine salad and whole wheat breadsticks, served with fat-free milk. For desert, a banana.
"It's a very healthy menu," says lunch lady Katrina Fitzgerald as she ladles a helping of ravioli on to a plate."They used to complain but they don't too much now, I think they're used to it." The menus here have changed dramatically in recent years, since the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act came into law in December 2010. The law, which was championed by First Lady Michelle Obama, includes strict guidelines for school lunches.
Today, she will host winners of a healthy recipe contest at a children's dinner event at the White House. Mrs Obama has been a vocal advocate for healthier school lunches, as part of her Let's Move campaign to reduce childhood obesity. With more than a third of children in the US overweight or obese, the focus is on ensuring good eating habits start at a young age.These measures have been phased in gradually, but include a requirement for school meals to include fresh fruit and vegetables, as well as grains, protein and dairy. There are also strict limits on salt, sugar, fat and calorie content. Schools are given additional funding for implementing these changes. At Woodridge, chips have been replaced with baked fries. The school changed its meal supplier and now even grows its own salad leaves. Bags of grapes are stored in the fridge, ready to be served as the afternoon snack. Even the snack machines have gone healthy, with baked potato crisps and apple chips.
Image caption
Destiny says she's gotten used to the new fare
Many of the pupils here are from low-income families where processed, unhealthier food tends to be more available. "They weren't used to eating fruits and vegetables or salads," says school principal Richter Craig.
Newsagents and gas stations selling junk food are within easy reach of the school, making this trickier. "It's not out of the ordinary to see a student walk into the building with pizza and a soda at eight o'clock," he says. "So we have to say, let's eat this instead."Craig says when pupils begin to feel more energetic and awake and attentive in class, they begin to understand why these changes are necessary. It's also helping to change the mindsets of parents, he says, as students go home and talk about what they eat. "I think it's actually good and it's healthy for me," says a student named Destiny. "Healthy food tastes good actually, but I do kind of miss the junk food, the candy and the soda the most." One other boy agrees, but they seem to be the exceptions."It's nasty, but we've got to eat it because our teachers have been forcing us," says one boy, Maurice. "If we don't we have to go to the back table," It's not just students expressing distaste. The School Nutrition Association (SNA), which represents 55,000 school nutrition professionals across the country, has written a letter to the First Lady
while it applauds the
drive for more nutritious meals, schools need more flexibility to appeal to students.
"Too many individual school district operations continue to struggle with the increased costs, decreased revenues, increased waste and declining participation directly associated with implementation of the nutrition standards."The US government says that 90% of school meal programmes have met the requirements set out in the new law, but the SNA argues that doesn't mean the scheme is a success.
It says the numbers of children eating lunch at school has fallen in 49 states, with one million fewer students choosing school lunches.
Some Republican politicians have been pushing for a waiver to allow schools to opt out of the strict standards, which were passed with bipartisan support.
School meal vegetable consumption per student increased 16% from 2011 to 2012, when the regulations went into effect
In that time, more students - 23% more - selected fruit, but fruit consumption per student remained flat.
Before 2012, students discarded 75% of the vegetables on their tray. After, that number dropped to 60%.
Both before and after the regulations, students discarded 40% of their fruit.
"I've never said no to serve healthy food, but let's serve healthy food that kids are going to eat that's not leading to the exponential increase in plate waste," says Republican congressman Rodney Davis, from Illinois.
The usually apolitical first lady has hit back at Republican efforts to roll back her changes."The last thing we can afford to do right now is play politics with our kids' health," she said to school nutrition directors at a White House event in May. "In 10 or 20 years, I don't want to look back with regret and think that we gave up on our kids because we felt like this thing was too hard or too expensive.."But the challenges persist. Back at the canteen I meet Cherokee, who has brought in her own lunch, processed cheese and ham. "It's because the school food is gross and it makes me throw up right now," she said. "I don't like their food, I don't think it's very good for me, my stomach is growling when I get to class."The fight to reduce childhood obesity is challenging, and one which experts say needs to work in tandem with reducing portion sizes and encouraging more exercise. But the question is whether politicians should implement more drastic measures like the First Lady's or adopt a more flexible approach.Either way, changing tastes isn't easy.
Share this story
Top Stories
Elsewhere on the BBC
Are these stories true or false?

我要回帖

更多关于 did you have lunch 的文章

随机推荐