英语这里awildcard of sourcee of consolation什么意思

Solace - definition of solace by The Free Dictionary https://www.thefreedictionary.com/solace
solace Also found in: , , , , , .Related to solace:
(sŏl′ĭs)n.1.
Comfort in sorrow, misfortune, consolation.2.
A source of comfort or consolation.tr.v. sol·aced, sol·ac·ing, sol·ac·es 1.
To comfort, cheer, or console, as in trouble or sorrow. See Synonyms at .2.
To allay or assuage: "They solaced their wretchedness, however, by duets after supper" (Jane Austen).[Middle English solas, from Old French, from Latin sōlācium, from sōlārī, to console.]sol′ac·er n.solace ('s?l?s) n1. comfort in misery, disappointment, etc2. something that gives comfort or consolationvb (tr) 3. to give comfort or cheer to (a person) in time of sorrow, distress, etc4. to alleviate (sorrow, misery, etc)[C13: from Old French solas, from Latin sōlātium comfort, from sōlārī to console] 'solacer nsol•ace
(ˈsɒl ɪs)
-aced, -ac•ing. n.
comfort in sorrow or misfortune.
a source of consolation or relief.
to console.
to relieve:
to solace sorrow.
Also called sol′ace•ment.[;1300; Middle English solas & Old French & Latin sōlācium=sōl(ārī) to comfort + -āc- adj. suffix + -ium 1;]sol′ac•er, n. solacePast participle: solacedGerund: solacingImperativePresentPreteritePresent ContinuousPresent PerfectPast ContinuousPast PerfectFutureFuture PerfectFuture ContinuousPresent Perfect ContinuousFuture Perfect ContinuousPast Perfect ContinuousConditionalPast ConditionalImperativesolacesolacePresentI solaceyou solacehe/she/it solaceswe solaceyou solacethey solacePreteriteI solacedyou solacedhe/she/it solacedwe solacedyou solacedthey solacedPresent ContinuousI am solacingyou are solacinghe/she/it is solacingwe are solacingyou are solacingthey are solacingPresent PerfectI have solacedyou have solacedhe/she/it has solacedwe have solacedyou have solacedthey have solacedPast ContinuousI was solacingyou were solacinghe/she/it was solacingwe were solacingyou were solacingthey were solacingPast PerfectI had solacedyou had solacedhe/she/it had solacedwe had solacedyou had solacedthey had solacedFutureI will solaceyou will solacehe/she/it will solacewe will solaceyou will solacethey will solaceFuture PerfectI will have solacedyou will have solacedhe/she/it will have solacedwe will have solacedyou will have solacedthey will have solacedFuture ContinuousI will be solacingyou will be solacinghe/she/it will be solacingwe will be solacingyou will be solacingthey will be solacingPresent Perfect ContinuousI have been solacingyou have been solacinghe/she/it has been solacingwe have been solacingyou have been solacingthey have been solacingFuture Perfect ContinuousI will have been solacingyou will have been solacinghe/she/it will have been solacingwe will have been solacingyou will have been solacingthey will have been solacingPast Perfect ContinuousI had been solacingyou had been solacinghe/she/it had been solacingwe had been solacingyou had been solacingthey had been solacingConditionalI would solaceyou would solacehe/she/it would solacewe would solaceyou would solacethey would solacePast ConditionalI would have solacedyou would have solacedhe/she/it would have solacedwe would have solacedyou would have solacedthey would have solaced
Switch to Noun1.solace - the comfort you feel when consoled in tim "second place was no consolation to him",
- a feeling of freedom from worry or disappointment - very limited co "he told me that time heals all wounds but that was cold comfort to me",
- a consoling aspect of a "every cloud has a silver lining"; "look on the bright side of it"2.solace - comfort in disappointment or misery,
- a state of being relaxed "he is a man who enjoys his comfort"; "she longed for the comfortableness of her armchair"3.solace -
"his presence was a consolation to her", , , ,
- assistance i "the contributions provided some relief for the victims"Verb1.solace - give moral or emotional strength to, , , , , , , , , ,
- "quiet the dragons of worry and fear", , ,
- lessen the
"The news eased my conscience"; "still the fears"solacenoun1. , , , , , , ,
I found solace in writing when my father died.verb1. , ,
They solaced themselves with their fan mail.solacenounA consoling in time of grief or pain:, .verbTo give hope to in time of grief or pain:, , .
consolútěchautě?ittr?stlievitt??lohduttaalohdutuslohtupirist??enyhítenyhülésvigaszvigasztalvigasztalás??consolarereconfortaretr?stsolace [ˈsɒlɪs]A. N →
mto seek solace with →
enB. VT → to solace o.s →
(with con)solace n →
m vt → solace [ˈsɒlɪs] n →
fsolace n. v. alegrar.
Want to thank TFD for its existence? , add a link to this page, or visit .
Link to this page:
where grows Not even one lonely rose) -- My soul at least a solace hath In dreams of thee, and therein knows An Eden of bland repose. The third are gratiosi, such as exceed not this scantling, to be solace to the sovereign, and harmless to the people. In her church and its affairs she found her only solace. The business of her life was to get h its solace was visiting and news. There it must be, I think, in the vast and eternal laws of matter, and not in the daily cares and sins and troubles of men, that whatever is more than animal within us must find its solace and its hope. But it is not moved to seek seclusion, and to remain, hidden and inert, shut up in a small cabin with the solace of a good bodily appetite. While he lay perdu in Steward's stateroom, his voice was the one thing that was not to be heard, so Kwaque was forced to seek the solace of his jews' harp in the sweltering heat of the gratings over the fire-room. And then and there Jo renounced her old ambition, pledged herself to a new and better one, acknowledging the poverty of other desires, and feeling the blessed solace of a belief in the immortality of love. Linton looked at me, and, after keeping her seat by his side another ten minutes, during which his head fell drowsily on his breast, and he uttered nothing except suppressed moans of exhaustion or pain, Cathy began to seek solace in looking for bilberries, and sharing the produce of her researches with me: she did not offer them to him, for she saw further notice would only weary and annoy. We have already given a picture of a free trapper and his horse, as furnished by Captain Bonneville: we shall here subjoin, as a companion picture, his description of a free trapper's wife, that the reader may have a correct idea of the kind of blessing the worthy hunter in question had invoked to solace him in the wilderness. In such an event what a solace would a companion be? He fancied that she nodd and with that scant solace he had to trudge off through the rain.
▲solace▼
For webmasters:The little girl is a great consolation to her parents.
这小女孩是他父母的莫大安慰。
《新英汉大辞典》
The only consolation in this is if we go on and win the secondary one.
唯一的安慰就是,我们继续向前,赢得这座次要的奖杯。
There is in Frost no God, no transcendental source of guidance or consolation, nothing out there in the world but the material conditions of our circumstances.
在弗罗斯特的诗里,没有上帝,没有卓越的指引和安慰,这个世界里什么都没有,除了我们生活环境的物质条件。
That’s no consolation to those who experience it so if it happens to you take care of yourself and surround yourself with supportive family and friends.
对经历流产的人来说很难安慰她们,所以你不遇到了,一定要照顾好自己,围绕在支持你的家人和朋友们身边。
But such consolation is not open to me, for it happens to be existing and though banished from my published works, a writ might yet cause it to be produced.
但是我得不到这种安慰,因为它存在我的心里;虽然可以把它从我的作品里驱逐出去,但一张传票又可能把它给拘了回来。
The child became her only consolation.
孩子成了他唯一的安慰.
He was waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him.
这人又公义又虔诚,素常盼望以色列的安慰者来到,又有圣灵在他身上。
Every sort of consolation falls short in front of the loss, and it is only the mental strength of the bereaved that can help him or her tide over the misfortune.
任何一种安慰在亲人死亡的痛苦面前都显得软弱无力,只有丧失亲人的人用自己的精神力量才能帮助他/她去度过这场灾祸所带来的不幸。
It sacralized the real world and spurned the old habit of finding consolation in the sky.
马克思主义让现实世界神圣化,唾弃向上苍寻求安慰的旧有习惯。
My greatest consolation, though, is that I had my child for 42 years – 42 years longer than predicted at the outset.
我最大的安慰是我拥有我的孩子42年,这远比开始时医生预言的要长久。
Once derided as the consolation prize for failing to finish a Ph.D. or just a way to kill time waiting out economic downturns, the master’s is now the fastest-growing degree.
曾经被嘲笑为未完成博士学位的安慰奖赏,或者仅仅是为了消磨等待走出经济低迷时期时间的方法,硕士学位现在是增长最快的学位。
Verily, he is not indignant at their modes of consolation and ingratitude.
其实,他并不气恼他们自我安慰和忘恩负义的模式。
I lived here for a while and learned how beauty is the consolation of every past empire.
我在这里居住了些时日,并了解到每个昔日帝国能带给你多么美丽的安慰。
We need to be angels for each other, to give each other strength and consolation.
我们需要成为彼此的天使,互相给予力量和安慰。
Does the response of the four other strings offer consolation, or despair?
其他四件弦乐器的回应是给人以安慰还是令人绝望?
Joan Durbeyfield always managed to find consolation somewhere: `Well, as one of the genuine stock, she ought to make her way with 'en, if she plays her trump card aright.
琼·德北菲尔德总是能够从什么地方找到安慰:“好啦,作为真正的嫡亲后裔,只要她的王牌出得好,她应该把他吸引住的。
This slang term refers to silly fools, not irritating ones, but that can't be much consolation for Gore.
这个俚语是指发呆的傻瓜,是那种不惹你生气的傻瓜,但这并不能给戈尔先生多大安慰。
Colonel Brandon, unfortunately for himself, had no such encouragement to think only of Marianne, and in conversing with Elinor he found the greatest consolation for the indifference of her sister.
布兰登上校很是不幸,他本想倾心于玛丽安,玛丽安对他却无情意,冷若冰霜。不过,通过与埃丽诺进行交谈,他得到了最大的安慰。
When humans die, many religious relatives have the consolation of their belief in an afterlife.
如果一位亲人故去,许多信奉宗教的亲戚会相信人有来世,以此安慰自己。
"May the comforting message of the coming of Emmanuel ease the pain and bring consolation amid their trials to the beloved Christian communities in Iraq and throughout the Middle East, " he said.
他说:“对于亲爱的伊拉克以及整个中东地区的天主教徒们,愿以马利即将降临的好消息能够减轻他们的痛苦,并为他们所遭受的审判带去安慰。”
If you detail the bad flu you just got over, the interviewer will feel obliged to offer commiseration or consolation of some sort, which weakens the professional boundaries.
如果你一直强调你刚结束的流感的详细细节,面试官会感觉被迫要求一些怜悯和安慰,这会削弱专业的界限性。
The Pope offered consolation to those in Haiti suffering in the aftermath of January's earthquake and the recent cholera epidemic.
教皇表达了对海地的慰问,海地在一月份受到了地震的创伤,并在近期爆发了霍乱疫情。
The Pope offered consolation to those in Haiti suffering in the aftermath of January's earthquake and the recent cholera epidemic.
教皇表达了对海地的慰问,海地在一月份受到了地震的创伤,并在近期爆发了霍乱疫情。
$firstVoiceSent
- 来自原声例句
请问您想要如何调整此模块?
感谢您的反馈,我们会尽快进行适当修改!
请问您想要如何调整此模块?
感谢您的反馈,我们会尽快进行适当修改!您要找的是不是:
n. 安慰;慰问;起安慰作用的人或事物
n. 磋商;咨询(consultation的复数)
consolation
[,k?ns?'le??(?)n]
[?kɑns?'le??n]
n. 安慰;慰问;起安慰作用的人或事物
consolation.
[ ,k?ns?'lei??n ]
the comfort you feel when consoled in times of disappointment
giving relief in affliction
以上来源于:
consolation
[,k?ns?'lei??n]
安慰,慰藉,慰问
安慰者;安慰物
以上来源于:《21世纪大英汉词典》
The child became her only consolation.
孩子成了他唯一的安慰.
We need to be angels for each other, to give each other strength and consolation.
我们需要成为彼此的天使,互相给予力量和安慰。
But we must stem the tide of malice, and pour into the wounded bosoms of each other the balm of sisterly consolation.
人心恶毒,我们一定要及时防范,免得一发不可收拾。 我们要用姐妹之情来安慰彼此创伤的心灵。
-- "Damon's Epitaph" ends with a virtual orgasm of Christian consolation as Milton gives his best friend the most unbelievable sendoff that is possible to give.
这--在《达蒙的墓志铭》的结尾,弥尔顿给了他最好的朋友他所能给的最不可思议的送别礼,是真实的肉体的欢愉,同时却又是基督教的慰藉。
There is in Frost no God, no transcendental source of guidance or consolation, nothing out there in the world but the material conditions of our circumstances.
在弗罗斯特的诗里,没有上帝,没有卓越的指引和安慰,这个世界里什么都没有,除了我们生活环境的物质条件。
And so Milton concludes Lycidas with this standard vision of Christian consolation.
弥尔顿用这能给人以慰藉的,正统基督教视角写下了《利西达斯》的结尾。
Kneeling before an image of the Crucified, he was filled with great fervor and consolation.
Essien added his second header seven minutes from time before Scott Parker volleyed a late consolation.
Kinder missed his chance to head a multibillion-dollar corporation, but he has plenty of consolation.
$firstVoiceSent
- 来自原声例句
请问您想要如何调整此模块?
感谢您的反馈,我们会尽快进行适当修改!
请问您想要如何调整此模块?
感谢您的反馈,我们会尽快进行适当修改!亚马逊意外错误报歉,由于程序执行时,遇到意外错误,您刚刚操作没有执行成功,请稍后重试。或将此错误报告给我们的客服中心:推荐您,确认您的操作无误后,再继续其他操作。您可以通过亚马逊,获得更多的帮助。

我要回帖

更多关于 wildcard of source 的文章

随机推荐