Is there athe foreignerr in it?

D?rin wa gaikokujin (2010) - IMDb
CHARTS & TRENDS
10 hours ago
TVSeriesFinale
21 hours ago
Box Office Mojo
There was an error trying to load your rating for this title.
Some parts of this page won't work property. Please reload or try later.
I'm Watching This!
Error Please try again!
Added to Your Check-Ins.
D?rin wa gaikokujin&()
Set in the Tokyo area, an aspiring Japanese manga writer has a relationship with an American. They live together and they are happy but there is a problem with the relationship. The heroine must do something to heal the rift.
(screenplay)
Are you ready for ? We are! See which other movies and TV shows we're excited about.
Powered by ZergNet
User Lists
Related lists from IMDb users
a list of 33 titles
created 28&Mar&2013
a list of 22 titles
created 10&Dec&2011
a list of 22 titles
created 23&Mar&2012
a list of 651 titles
created 21&Jan&2013
a list of 167 titles
created 05&Feb&2013
Share this Rating
D?rin wa gaikokujin
Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? Use the HTML below.
You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin.
Do you have any images for this title?
Credited cast:
Saori Oguri
Tony Lazlo
Editor of Orange Pop
Saori's father
Saori's mother
Rest of cast listed alphabetically:
Antoine Dubakony - Priest
Wedding guest
Set in the Tokyo area, an aspiring Japanese manga writer has a relationship with an American. They live together and they are happy but there is a problem with the relationship. The heroine must do something to heal the rift.
Plot Keywords:
Certificate:
Parents Guide:
Official Sites:
Release Date: 10 April 2010 (Japan)
Also Known As: My Darling Is a Foreigner
Production Co:
Show more on
Sound Mix:
Aspect Ratio: 1.85 : 1
Did You Know?
In the part where Saori's sister is having the wedding there is a priest. The man acting the priest is the real Tony.
When Saori's sister is getting married, the organist's fingers don't match the song being played.
Frequently Asked Questions
User Reviews
I think the manga is probably better
This film provides a window into cross-cultural romantic difficulties, but the more pointed possibilities are relegated to individual lines of dialogue that can easily get lost in a a &rom- com& haze. As a movie, &My Darling is a Foreigner& is of the type that could well play on the Japanese version of the &Hallmark& channel - a &made for TV& sort of film, best viewed as a cultural artifact rather than a major motion picture with international appeal. The interviews with other cross-cultural couples a la &When Harry Met Sally& are more revealing of the kind of issues that can come up i the dramatization of these conflicts in the actual Saori-Tony relationships in the movie are pallid in comparison. The interspersed drawings from Saori's Manga have a freshness that scenes of the coupe frolicking on the beach or making their bed together are the kind of filmmaking clichés that a Woody Allen would have masterfully satirized in a film like &Annie Hall,& or &Love and Death.&I sought out as many reviews as I could find to understand the cultural relevance of the plot. It does indeed seem like a burning social issue for Japanese society, and as such, its appeal to a domestic Japanese audience is understandable. I most appreciated the words of a cross- cultural blogger, who suggested that any who choose to criticize &My Darling& view it alongside Sophia Coppola's Oscar-winning &Lost In Translation.& As pieces that might have made arguments for cross-cultural sensitivity, they are equally lacking.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.&
Was this review helpful to you?
Contribute to This Page
Explore popular movies available to rent or buy on Prime Video.
Recently Viewed
Find showtimes, watch trailers, browse photos, track your Watchlist and rate your favorite movies and TV shows on your phone or tablet!
Follow IMDb onIT Internship In the US For a Foreigner? - Slashdot
Want to read Slashdot from your mobile device? Point it at
and keep reading!
Public Terminal
Migrate from GitHub to SourceForge quickly and easily with . Check out all of SourceForge’s
from the foot-in-the-door dept.
writes "I am from Europe, studying Business Informatics. I have plenty of IT-related work experience (from my part-time job and summer jobs) ranging from Project Management and Software Planning to Programming. In the 5th semester my curriculum has scheduled an internship for February 2009 preceding bachelor examinations and bachelor thesis. It will last for about three months. I would like to do my internship in the US, but I do not know how to start. Is it common to send unsolicited applications to companies in the US? Try the big corporations? Should I go for an employment agency? Which ones to choose from? What about the pay? Where I come from it is common to pay only a fraction of what your work is actually worth if it's called an 'internship.' Does this apply to the US as well? Any other recommendations?"
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them.
We are not responsible for them in any way.
There may be more comments in this discussion. Without JavaScript enabled, you might want to
in your preferences instead.
Top of the: , , .
736 comments
694 comments
660 comments
609 comments
593 comments
189 comments
117 comments
Archived Discussion
Whom computers would destroy, they must first drive mad.
Trademarks property of their respective owners. Comments owned by the poster. Copyright & 2018 SlashdotMedia. All Rights Reserved.
Working...Browse Econ Literature
More features
Printed from https://ideas.repec.org/p/apl/wpaper/15-10.html
&Save this paper
Exit Discrimination in the NBA. Is there a Bias against Foreigners?
Peter A. Groothuis
James Richard Hill
AbstractUsing a panel of National Basketball Association players from 1989 through 2013, we analyze the determinants of career length in the league. In our analysis we include performance, the race of the player and nationality of origin to determine their importance in determining career length. First we find that the performance is an important determinant of career length and that the race of the player does not determine career suggesting that there is no race based exit discrimination. We do find, however, that foreign-born players have shorter careers than do American-born players holding performance constant. In particular we find that foreign players who did not play college basketball in the United States have a higher probability of exit than foreign players who played college ball in the United States. Key Words: National Basketball Association, discrimination, and professional sports.
Suggested Citation
Peter A. Groothuis & James Richard Hill, 2015.
15-10, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University, revised 2015.
Handle: RePEc:apl:wpaper:15-10
HTML with abstract
plain text
plain text with abstract
RIS (EndNote, RefMan, ProCite)
Download full text from publisher
File URL: http://econ.appstate.edu/RePEc/pdf/wp1510.pdfDownload Restriction: no
References listed on IDEAS
HTML with abstract
plain text
plain text with abstract
RIS (EndNote, RefMan, ProCite)
Johnny Ducking & Peter Groothuis & James Hill, 2015.
SNational Economic Association, vol. 42(3), pages 285-299, September.
Peter A. Groothuis & J. Richard Hill, 2004.
Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(2), pages 341-349, April.
Christian Dustmann & Arthur Van Soest, 2002.
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 55(3), pages 473-492, April.
Dustmann, Christian & van Soest, Arthur, 1998.
2012, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
Hoang, Ha & Rascher, Dan, 1999.
3542, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Leo Kahane & Neil Longley & Robert Simmons, 2013.
MIT Press, vol. 95(1), pages 302-314, March.
L H Kahane & N Longley & R Simmons, 2009.
599378, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
Peter A. Groothuis & James Richard Hill, 2008.
Southern Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 574-590, October.
Peter A. Groothuis & Richard Hill, 2007.
07-02, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
Craig A. Depken II & Johnny Ducking & Peter A. Groothuis, 2015.
15-09, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
Johnny Ducking & Peter Groothuis & James Hill, 2015.
SNational Economic Association, vol. 42(3), pages 285-299, September.
Johnny Ducking & Peter A. Groothuis & James Richard Hill, 2013.
13-10, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
(including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
More about this item classification:
- Other Special Topics - - Sports Economics - - - Labor Issues
- Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - S G R R Tourism
NEP fields
This paper has been announced in the following :
(All new papers)
(Sports & Economics)
Statistics
Corrections
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:apl:wpaper:15-10. See
about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact:
(O. Ashton Morgan). General contact details of provider: .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it . This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
recognized a reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your
profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through
the various RePEc services.
About RePEc使用次数:0
入库时间:
Living in a
foreign country is fun, but it isn’t always easy. There are many differences
between cultures and although some of these differences are unimportant, they
can cause a lot of embarrassments. I spoke to a few foreign friends about how
they experienced culture shock in China.
Aubin arrived
two months ago from Europe to take part in a language programme in Shanghai. Before he left, he was actually taught the differences between European and
Chinese cultures, including everything from table manners to classroom
behavior. However, some things have still taken him by surprise. For example,
he couldn’t
understand why waiters did not want to accept the tips he gave them after meals
in restaurants. I had to explain to him that people don’t usually tip in China
and that this comes from the Confucian (儒家的,孔子的) idea that one must avoid accepting any undue(不适当的) income.
Another friend,
Julia, came to Guangzhou from London to teach at a language school. After a
month, she told me that she was really let down(失望的) by her students. I asked her why and she told
me that they were so quiet that she was the only person talking in class and it
felt like the children were punishing her by making her talk to the walls! I
explained to her that the children were simply respectful, but she said that it
would be more respectful if they answered her questions.
And it is not
only the West and the East that have cultural differences. Even Korea and China, two countries that are very close to each other, have differences too.“I thought Chinese and Korean
people were similar in some ways,” said my friend Ji-Hyun in perfect Chinese, “but I was wrong. In ancient
times the Chinese used to take their shoes off before entering a house. They
don’t do that
anymore, but Korean people still do! I keep getting that wrong even though I’ve been here for five years!”
Luckily, whether
we take our shoes off or not, or leave unnecessary tips, the world still runs
perfectly. In my opinion, cultural differences should simply be seen as a way
of making life interesting. Imagine how boring it would be if we all did
everything in exactly the same way! Learning to understand and respect
differences is, after all, what life is all about.
Living with differences
People will meet a (66) ___ culture while
living in a foreign country, which can make them feel (67) ___.
(68)____ of foreign friends in China
Aubin couldn’t understand why waiters
refused to _______ (69) the tips he gave them after meals in restaurants.
Julia felt really (70) _____ because no
one talked in class except herself and thought that if the students
(71)____her, they should answer her questions.
Ji-Hyun believed there were some
similarities between Chinese and Korean people and thought it was wrong that
people wore their shoes when they ________ (72) a house.
(73) ___________
We should consider cultural differences
as a way to (74) ______ life interesting.
We would be (75)____ with life if we did
everything in the same way.
&66.different&
67. embarrassed& 68.Experiences& 69. accept& 70. disappointed&
71. respected& 72. entered& 73. Conclusion& 74. make& 75. bored&
acooco.net.cn cooco因你而专业a
如果没有找到你要的答案,请尝试下下面的试题答案搜索功能。
用户评论纠错:
&&&&&&暂无评论
我来说几句:
备课中心教案课件试卷下载There is a foreign hand in it
Millions of Indian Net users are downloading computer malware while downloading Bollywood songs from popular Pakistani websites
Millions of Indian Net users are downloading computer malware while downloading Bollywood songs from popular Pakistani websitesIt is not just the oft-repeated defence used by our politicians and police to ward off questions about any untoward situation. Experts have blamed the recent spurt in data thefts and computer hijack on Pakistan. &More than 12 lakh Indian Net users access Pakistani websites that offer free downloads of Bollywood songs. Many a times these during such downloads malware gets installed into the computer which comes as a 'backdoor' with the song,& pointed out Ishant Saxena, a computer hardware expert.&I am getting regular complaints about decreasing efficiency due to virus attack after downloads from a Pakistani website. Nowadays new virus and worms are detected while downloading songs from these websites, which could be just a dry run to manage a bigger attack. Instead of these existing less harmful virus, stuff like Botnet and Zoombe can easily fit into the Indian computers, which later on replicates and makes the entire server vulnerable,& said Vivek Vohra, a Delhi-based cyber expert.Websites like ,
are very popular in India. They are extensively accessed for easy downloads of old and new Bollywood songs. &The anti-virus software doesn't work in such a situation as the virus used in such cyber wars are usually new and the anti-virus software cannot identity and detect it,& Vohra added.Post 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks it was claimed that Pakistan has launched cyber attack against India. But it was not momentary as still lots of computers and websites are getting infected by the Pakistani cyber criminals. According to cyber experts and technicians, maximum cases of data theft and computer hijack is due to backdoor send by various Pakistani websites.Under attackIntelligence agencies had expressed concerns over rogue Pakistani websites and hackers. Recently, a group called Pakistan Cyber Army (PCA) hacked some critical Indian websites, including state-owned energy major Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), Indian Railways and Kendriya Vidyalaya.& Cyber crime experts say Pakistani hackers are using a wider computer network to hit the Indian economy. They are specially targeting corporate and government computer networks to siphon off important data.
Worst Crime: Man begs for rice, sexually assaults 16-year-old boy
Related News
Copyright & 2018 Mid-Day Infomedia Ltd. All rights reserverd.

我要回帖

更多关于 foreigner 的文章

随机推荐