in America as elsewhere这句话里elsewhere是什么词性?名词的词性还是副词呢

读2007高考语法题 析形容词与副词的考点(人教版高二11)
读2007高考语法题 析形容词与副词的考点(人教版高二11)
横看全国和各地2007年的英语高考试题,语法题的考察趋向自然实用,即不象过去那样过多地钻牛角尖去挖掘一些不太常见的语境。其中,形容词和副词尤其明显。形容词用于修饰名词或代词,表示人或事物的性质和特征,在句中可作定语、表语或补语;副词用于修饰动词、形容词、副词、介词短语或句子,主要用作状语,少数与介词同形的副词还可作表语或补足语。下面就2007年全国及各地高考试题中典型例题,分析一下形容词和副词的一些考点。
考点一 形容词和副词的比较等级
典型例题:
1.(2007四川卷) Of the two coats, I'd choose the ________ one to spare some money for a book.
A. cheapest B. cheaper C. more expensive D. most expensive
2. (2007江苏卷) With April 18’s railway speedup, highway and air transport will have to compete with ______ service for passengers.
A. good B. better C. best D. the best
3.(2007北京卷)The new group of students is better-behaved than the other group who stayed here ___.
A. early B. earlier C. earliest D. the earliest
4.(2007陕西卷)Though he started late, Mr. Guo played the piano as well as,if ,
A.not better than B.not better C.no better than D.better
分析:这一考点是它们的主要考察项目。比较级是两者或两方的比较;最高级指的是三者或三者以上的比较。它们的词形变化涉及到规则与不规则等等。例1,从题干中有“Of the two coats”(在两件上衣中)以及“to spare some money for a book”(为了省钱买一本书)这两点可判断答案为B。而例2,涉及的是“highway and air transport”与“April 18’s railway speedup”的比较;例3,涉及的是“The new group of students”与“the other group…”的比较;例4,涉及到Mr. Guo与其他人的比较;故它们的答案分别为B、B、A。
考点二 修饰形容词和副词的比较等级的词
典型例题:
1.(2007全国卷Ⅲ) After two years' research, we now have a _______ better understanding of the disease.
A. very B. far C.fairly D. quite B
分析:英语中,too, very, quite 和fairly这几个词不能用来修饰比较级,一般修饰比较级可用这几个词或词组:even,a little,a bit, much, somewhat, a lot, rather, no, any, far等等。所以例1的答案为B。
考点三 形容词和副词的词义辨析
典型例题:
1. (2007天津卷)The final score of the basketball match was 93-94.We were only ____beaten.
A.nearly B. slightly C. narrowly D.lightly
2. (2007天津卷)A new _____bus service to Tianjin Airport started to operate two months ago.
A.normal B.usual C. regular D. common
3. (2007上海卷) Since Tom ______ downloaded a virus into his computer, he can not open the file now.
A. readily B. horribly C. accidentally D. irregularly
4. (2007上海卷) John was dismissed last week because of his ______ attitude towards his job.
A. informal B. casual C. determined D. earnest
5.(2007湖北卷)This magazine is very with young people, who like its content and style.
A.familiar B.popular C.similar D.particular
6. (2007湖北卷) He began to take political science only when he left school.
A.strictly B.truly C.carefully D.seriously
分析:此类题目既是考察词义又是考察形容词和副词在句子中的意义。例1 nearly(几乎,将近) slightly(些许,稍稍) narrowly(仅仅,勉强地) lightly(轻轻地)根据语境“93-94”为惜败,而narrowly win/beat是固定搭配意为“惜胜/惜败”,故答案为C;例2 normal(正常的) usual(通常的) regular(定期的) common(司空见惯的)根据语境“bus service”故答案为C;例3 readily(毫不迟疑地) horribly(可怕地) accidentally(意外地) irregularly(不规则地)根据语境“downloaded a virus into his computer”导致打不开文件,故答案为C“意外地或不小心”;例4 informal(非正式的) casual(马虎的,随便的) determined(下定决心的) earnest(认真的,坚决的)根据语境“John was dismissed”可确定答案为B;例5 familiar(熟些的) popular(流行的,受欢迎的) similar(相似的)particular(特别的,尤其的)根据语境“who like its content and style”可确定答案为B;例6 strictly(严格地) truly(真实地) carefully(小心地) seriously(严肃地)根据语境“political science”及固定搭配take…seriously(慎重对待某事)答案可确定为D。以上形容词与副词词义的辨析也是常考题形。
考点四 作连接词类的形容词和副词
典型例题:
1.(2007山东卷) The book was written in 1946, ____ the education system has witnessed great changes.
A. when B. during which C. since then D. since when
2. (2007上海卷) The little boy came riding full speed down the motorway on his bicycle. ______ it was!
A. What a dangerous scene B. What dangerous a scene
C. How a dangerous scene D. How dangerous the scene
3.(2007陕西卷).Today, we’ll discuss a number of cases beginners of English fail to use the language properly.
A.which B.as C.why D.where
4.(2007宁夏卷) Some pre-school children go to a day care center, __________ they learn simple games and songs.
A. then B. there C. while D. where
5.(2007辽宁卷)---It’s a long time since I saw my sister. ---_______________ her this weekend?
A. Why not visit B. why not to visit
C. Why not visiting D. Why don’t visit
分析:作连接词类形容词与副词常见的有what which whose when why where how等(其中what which whose常用作代词)。例1 横线前是逗号,故此处为关系连词。再看先行词为时间及从句中时态为完成时,所以答案为D;例2 是考察感叹句what以及 how的用法。What+中心词为名词,而how+中心词为形容词或副词,再考虑一下题干,不难选出答案A;例3 根据题干可知横线部分应为关系连词,再看先行词为case在从句中作成分(作状语)此处应为in which 或where,故答案为D;例4 的分析同例3;例5 考察疑问副词why与否定式不定式连用表示一种建议,答案为A;
考点五 形容词和副词与倒装
典型例题:
1. (2007陕西卷) that Maric was able to set up new branches elsewhere.
A. So successful her business was B. So successful was her business
C. So her business was successful D. So was her successful business
2.(2007重庆卷) _______, his idea was accepted by all the people at the meeting.
A. Strange as might it sound B. As it might sound strange
C. As strange it might sound D. Strange as it might sound
分析:形容词和副词与倒装涉及以下一些情况:1,否定副词提前;2,作表语的形容词或副词提前;3,“so+形容词或副词+that..”如果so+形容词或副词提前;4,No sooner…than…句型;5,Hardly…when…的句型;6,形容词/副词/名词+as+主语+…;7,only+介词短语或句子作状语提前等等。故例1,例2的答案不难看出,分别为B、D。
考点六 形容词和副词与动词的搭配
典型例题:
1. (2007安徽卷)-- Didn't you have a good time at the party?
-- Of course I did. As a matter of fact, I had such fun that time seemed to _______ so quickly.
A. go by B. go away C. go out D. go over
2. (2007辽宁卷) “Goodbye, then,” she said, without even ___________ from her book.
A. looking down B. looking up C. looking away D. looking on
3.( 2007江苏卷) My parents have always made me ________ about myself, even when I was twelve.
A. feeling well B. feeling good C. feel well D. feel good
4. (2007江西卷)The melon the Smiths served at dinner would have tasted if it had been put in the fridge for a little while.
A.good B.better C.best D.well
5.(2007湖南卷) It’s hard for him playing against me. I’ve got nothing to play for, but for him, he needs to win so ________.
A. far B. well C. little D. badly
分析:形容词和副词与动词的搭配可以说是必考考点。它涉及到两方面:1,实意动词与副词的搭配,其中有很多是固定搭配;2,连系动词与形容词的搭配,构成系表结构。例1,go by(时间“经过”) go away(走开) go out(“离开”房间、建筑物等) go over(“仔细检查/复习”等)它们属于动词短语,再与语境联系考虑,答案应为A;例2,look down(向下看/小看某人) look up(向上看/在词典中查找) look away(转移目光) look on(旁观/视作)再根据语境可确定答案为B;例3和例4为系表结构应选形容词作表语,只要考虑一下句意及本身的词义可确定答案分别为D、B;例5中是副词修饰动词,它不属于动词短语,根据语境应选D项badly(极/非常)。
考点七 形容词与副词在口语中的应用
典型例题:
1. (2007安徽卷) -- -Bill, if it doesn't rain, we can go straight on and spend more time in Vienna.
---- I just want to hear Mozart.
A. Well done ! B. No problem. C. That' s great ! D. That' s it.
2. (2007江苏卷)----“could we put off the meeting?” she asked.
---“________,” he answered politely. “This is the only day everyone is available.”
A. Not likely B. Not exactly C. Not nearly D. Not really
3.(2007江西卷)---Will you join us in the game?
-Thank you,
A.but why not? B.but I’d rather not.
C.and I won’t D.and I’ll join.
4.(2007安徽卷) ---- Was Martin sorry for what he' d done?
---- ___________. It was just like him!
A. Never mind B. All right C. Not really D. Not surprisingly
5.(2007天津卷)----Could you turn the TV down a little bit?
----______.Is it disturbing you?
A.Take it easy. B.I’m sorry. C.Not a bit D.It depends
分析:口语中经常出现省略现象,但描绘性的副词或形容词却不能省。例如以下是常用的口语句型,其中形容词或副词是绝对不能被省略的。(I’m) sorry. (That' s )great ! Well done ! Not exactly. Not really . why not? I’d rather not. Never mind . All right Take it easy. Not a bit等等。例1,首句中“go straight on and spend more time in Vienna”表建议,而尾句“I just want to hear Mozart”表赞同,故选C项That' s great !(好极了/那是好主意);例2答案D“ Not really”(啊!真的呀!/不是真的吧?)表惊讶或怀疑等;例3答案B “but I’d rather not”中but可确定该题语境相符;例4答案C解析同例2;例5答案B “I’m sorry”可看下文“Is it disturbing you?”来确定。
考点八 分词类形容词
典型例题:
1. (2007江苏卷) He is very popular among his students as he always tries to make them ______ in his lectures.
A. interested B. interesting C. interest D. to interest
分析:英语中有一些以ed和以 ing结尾的成对出现的形容词,也可称作过去分词形容词和现在分词形容词。如:excited----exciting / shocked----shocking / interested----interesting / astonished ----astonishing / frighted----frighting / annoyed----annoying / amused----amusing / charmed----charming / upset----upsetting等等。这些形容词也可称为情绪反应型形容词,其中每一组后一个形容词大多时候用来描述形容物,它们的意思为“使/令人产生……情绪,激发……情绪”。而每一组前一个形容词大多时候用在人或动物上,指“受到反应而产生……的情绪”。例句中them为学生(人),所以它的补语是A. interested。
当然,形容词和副词的考点还有很多。如形容词和副词的位置,它们的倍数表达,它们的排序等等,在这里不再一一去分析。要提醒我们大家的是现在高考的语法考察在减少,但我们不是不要讲语法,而是要讲一些基本的和实用的一些东西。希望大家能从以上的分析中得到一点启示,能在工作和学习中有所帮助。
针对性练习:
1, Mary was ____ girl to express herself.
A. a much too shy B. too much shy a C. so shy a D. much too shy a
2, Please tell me ___you want your coffee---black, with milk or with suger?
A. what B. that C. when D. how
3,----You’d better be ____about what happened in your family,
-----Of course. I will let no one else know it.
A. silent B. quiet C. calm D. speechless
4,Not____, the process of choosing names varies widely from culture to culture.
A. obviously B. surprising C. particularly D. normally
5,----The disease he suffers is not easy to cure.-----I know , but is he ____better?
A. much B. rather C. any D. little
7,It is generally true that the lower the stock markets fall,_____________.
A. the higher the gold price raises B. higher the price of gold rises
C. the higher the price of gold rises D. higher the gold price raises
8,John was _____ at the ______news.
A. excited B. exciting C.exciting D.excited
9, ----Are you close to your cousins? -----_________.
A. Yes , mostly on holidays B. No, they not all right
C. In fact, their houses are some distance away D. Not particularly
10,_____can you expect to get a pay rise.
A. With hard work B. Although work hard
C. Only with hard work D. Now that he works hard
11,We decided not to climb the mountains because it was raining _____.
A. badly B. hardly C. strongly D. heavily
12, Americans eat ___as they actually need every day.
A. twice as much protein B. twice protein as much
C. protein as much twice D. protein as twice much
(keys: 1---5DDABC 6---10CCCDC 11---12DA )Bad Request
Bad Request - Invalid URL
HTTP Error 400. The request URL is invalid.相关词典网站:其他回答(2)
相关已解决