最热点击Top9
联系我们:
官方QQ(1)群
官方QQ(2)群
官方微博: 挑到网
微信公众号The ArchaeoBlog
ArchaeoBlog
Pi Day 2018
- I'm celebrating #PiDay and the combination of mathematics and ancient monuments by releasing a new KML file featuring selected monument relationships expressing pi.
Here's a sample of the Tikal mentions:
Tikal Radial Pyramid - Monte Alban Plaza - Monks Mound
arcs ratio @ Tikal = 1.0 : 3.141480 (+27m)
Tikal Great Plaza - Monte Alban Plaza - Pueblo del Arroyo Kiva C
arcs ratio @ Monte Alban = 1.0 : 3.141597 (-1m)
Tikal Pyramid III - Calakmul Pyramid - Itza Caracol
arcs ratio @ Calakmul = 1.0 : 3.141500 (+3m)
Tikal Pyramid III - Machu Picchu Torreon - Luxor
arcs ratio @ Machu Picchu = 1.0 : 3.1415956 (-9m)
Download Great Circles, Ancient Monuments, and Pi:&
Amazon Archaeology
Celebrating 25 years of archaeogeodesy and a decade of space archaeology continues with release of more Google Earth files.
During the past two years high resolution satellite imagery updates enabled more surveys in the Amazon. Coverage includes the tierra firme geoglyphs region in Brazil, Bolivia, and Peru, and the Llanos de Mojos in Bolivia including the Monumental Mounds Region in SE Beni. The Llanos de Mojos, the immense seasonal flood plains in the Bolivian Amazon, is noteworthy for the amount of earthmoving visible in satellite imagery.
Previously unknown, immense ancient monuments are now visible and reported. Given coverage voids still remain in my survey of the region, more surprise discoveries may follow.
Here are the links to current files:2017 Amazon Surveys&- Appenda file, additional surveys, Brazil and Bolivia:
Amazon Geoglyphs v2016
Space Archaeology in the Amazon, Beni, Bolivia v2017 -
I recommend downloading all three files above or the global file below and the appenda file. My global placemarks file is also not yet updated with the above appenda.
Archaeogeodesy Placemarks, Ancient Monuments in Google Earth&
Spanning the globe, more than 15,000 placemarks of ancient monuments and anthropogenic features.
Download - 3.7 MB Google Earth file:
I have updated the geoglyphs database file with the new geoglyphs and all placemarked zanjas, now totaling 502 earthworks.
Amazon Geoglyphs v2018 Excel spreadsheet: .
Equipped with
precise coordinates for known and newly revealed geoglyphs, I
started analysis of the spatial inter-relationships of the largest monuments to each other, to Andean monuments, to major mountain peaks, and to major monuments globally.
Results will follow in another KML.
Interested archaeologists may contact me directly.
Newark Archaeogeodesy
- Last year I
the Newark Earthworks results KML file, reformatting, adding more results, and updating
results with refined coordinates following some Google Earth hi-res updates.
webpage discusses some of the early reseach results. More are now included in the KML. I continue working on this inquiry and will update again. Here is the current KML, v2017:
Newark Archaeogeodesy, Monument Inter-Relationships KML
Previous Years Linked Below&
ArchaeoBlog
An archaeology web log by James Q. Jacobs
- Betatakin
(1.25 MB).
Original ArchaeoBlog Pages, Fall 2005:
Builders of the Eastern Woodlands
Scioto River
Sites in South Ohio
Earthworks and Newark Area
Marietta and Ohio River Sites
Southwestern Ohio
Eastern Woodlands GPS Placemarks w/ Squier map overlays.
<font class="font10"
align="center" color="#06.06
EDUCATORS:
Use my images free and without hassle -
&&|&&Archaeology&&|&&Astronomy&&|&&Photo Galleries
&&|&&Contact and Feedback
"Antiquity willfully
veils the truth so that the fool will go astray and only
the wise may know."&
Phaedrus, writer of fables, writing in Rome.
& 2018 by James Q. Jacobs. All Rights Reserved.2添加评论分享收藏感谢收起Amazon.com: Eye and Art in Ancient Greece: Studies in Archaeoaesthetics (0): Christopher Witcombe: Books
Windows Phone
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Eye and Art in Ancient Greece: Studies in Archaeoaesthetics
This bar-code number lets you verify that you're getting exactly the right version or edition of a book. The 13-digit and 10-digit formats both work.
Scan an ISBN with your phone
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Have one to sell?
Add to List
Unable to add item to List. Please try again.
Sorry, there was a problem.
There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Please try again.
This book is not available.
Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Eye and Art in Ancient Greece examines the art of ancient Greece through reconstructions of how the Greeks saw and understood the products of their own visual culture. The material is approached using a newly developed methodology of archaeoaesthetics by which past modes of vision and perception are examined in conjunction with prevailing notions of pleasure and judgement with the purpose of identifying the visual and psychological contexts within which the aesthetics of a culture emerge. Through a wide-ranging examination of ideas found in early written sources, the book examines various key aspects of Greek visual culture, such as continuity and change, nudity, identity, lifelikeness, mimesis, personation and enactment, symmetria, dance, harmony, and the modal representation of emotions, with the aim of comprehending how and why choices were made in the conception and making of artifacts. Special attention is given to factors contributing to the formation of taste and the emergence and transmission over time of concepts of art and beauty and the means by which they were identified and judged. The approach facilitates encounters with the material in ways that give rise to new insights into how the ancient Greeks experienced their own visual culture and how Greek art may be understood by us today.
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more.
Product details
Series: Eye and Art
Hardcover: 250 pages
Publisher: Brepols Publishers (December 31, 2017)
Language: English
ISBN-13: 978-
Package Dimensions:
15.3 x 7.9 x 4.4 inches
Shipping Weight: 1.8 ounces
Average Customer Review:
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#8,824,701 in Books ()
Would you like to ?If you are a seller for this product, would you like to ?
Be the first videoYour name here
5 star (0%)0%4 star4 star (0%)0%3 star3 star (0%)0%2 star2 star (0%)0%1 star1 star (0%)0%Share your thoughts with other customers
After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in.
After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in.拒绝访问 | zhizhizhi.com | 百度云加速
请打开cookies.
此网站 (zhizhizhi.com) 的管理员禁止了您的访问。原因是您的访问包含了非浏览器特征(e243f5-ua98).
重新安装浏览器,或使用别的浏览器

我要回帖

更多关于 亚马逊安全代码是什么 的文章

随机推荐