atomic structuree and Dynamics: An Atomic View of Materials ...

&& 查看话题
Structure and Dynamics-An Atomic View of Materials.pdf
Objective of this book
This book is concerned with understanding how the structure of a material and
the dynamics of its constituent atoms determine its properties and behaviour.
From the outset I take a rather different approach from many standard textbooks
in solid state physics. The weight of the content of most such books
is concerned with the properties of the electrons, with topics such as electron
distributions, electrical conductivity, semiconductors, superconductivity and
ferromagnetism. When structure and dynamics are discussed, the examples are
usually very simple, with one or two atoms in the unit cell. As vital as electrons
are in understanding the behaviour of materials (as is made clear throughout
this book) to simply focus on the electrons is to miss large areas of modern
solid state physics than are both technologically important and intellectually
stimulating. The point is that many important materials are more complex than
the usual monatomic or diatomic crystals that find their way into solid state
physics courses. The properties of these materials are mostly determined by
the ways in which atoms are arranged, and through the ways in which these
atoms respond to the forces between them. Of course, these forces arise from
the electrons, but often in ways that can be understood using relatively simple
mathematical representations. So this book is about real materials, the stuff
of modern technology. And to understand the properties of these materials, we
have to really understand what controls their structures and how the atoms move
around inside them.
This book has been tailored for the purposes of the Oxford Master Series in
Condensed Matter Physics in seeking to equip advanced level undergraduate
or masters level students, doctoral students, and research level scientists in the
study of materials. In writing this book I have taken the view that readers will be
at a sufficiently advanced stage in their studies that they will want to understand
enough to be able to use the techniques that are described, and this can only
happen if the material is covered with a certain degree of rigour.
文件上传过程遭遇Security Error,如有需要可留下邮箱即可。 ,谢谢!
谢谢! :D : Originally posted by lgxleaning at
,谢谢! 已发到您邮箱,多交流,相互学习。。。 : Originally posted by xxjohn at
谢谢分享 已发到您邮箱,多交流,相互学习。。。 : Originally posted by zhke523 at
谢谢! 已发到您邮箱,多交流,相互学习。。。 : Originally posted by E_insulation at
:D 已发到您邮箱,多交流,相互学习。。。 哪位再传一下呗 谢谢先!我需要。
谢谢! : Originally posted by
文件上传过程遭遇Security Error,如有需要可留下邮箱即可。
谢谢分享 : Originally posted by welcom001 at
谢谢先!我需要。
邮件已发出,欢迎大家多相互学习,相互交流。 : Originally posted by dfhjdd at
谢谢 邮件已发出,欢迎大家多相互学习,相互交流。 : Originally posted by 雷智锋石芸竹 at
谢谢! 邮件已发出,欢迎大家多相互学习,相互交流。
var cpro_id = 'u1216994';
欢迎监督和反馈:本帖内容由
提供,小木虫仅提供交流平台,不对该内容负责。欢迎协助我们监督管理,共同维护互联网健康,如果您对该内容有异议,请立即发邮件到
联系通知管理员,也可以通过QQ周知,我们的QQ号为:8835100
我们保证在1个工作日内给予处理和答复,谢谢您的监督。
小木虫,学术科研第一站,为中国学术科研研究提供免费动力
广告投放请联系QQ: &
违规贴举报删除请联系邮箱: 或者 QQ:8835100
Copyright &
eMuch.net, All Rights Reserved. 小木虫 版权所有文档分类:
在线文档经过高度压缩,下载原文更清晰。
淘豆网网友近日为您收集整理了关于Theoretical Microfluidics - Henrik Bruus (Oxford Master Series In Physics, Oxford University Press, Usa, 5090)的文档,希望对您的工作和学习有所帮助。以下是文档介绍:Theoretical Microfluidics - Henrik Bruus (Oxford Master Series In Physics, Oxford University Press, Usa, 5090) OXFORD MASTER SERIES IN CONDENSED MATTER PHYSICSOXFORD MASTER SERIES IN PHYSICSThe Oxford Master Series is designed for nal-year undergraduate and beginning graduate students in physics andrelated disciplines. It has been driven by a perceived gap in the literature today. While basic undergraduate physicstexts often show little or no connection with the huge explosion of res(来源:淘豆网[/p-5894376.html])earch over the last two decades, more advancedand specialized texts tend to be rather daunting for students. In this series, all topics and their consequences are treatedat a simple level, while pointers to recent developments are provided at various stages. The emphasis in on clearphysical principles like symmetry, quantum mechanics, and ism which underlie the whole of physics. Atthe same time, the subjects are related to real measurements and to t(来源:淘豆网[/p-5894376.html])he experimental techniques and devices currentlyused by physicists in academe and industry. Books in this series are written as course books, and include ample tutorialmaterial, examples, illustrations, revision points, and problem sets. They can likewise be used as preparation forstudents starting a doctorate in physics and related elds, or for recent graduates starting research in one of these eldsin industry.CONDENSED MATTER PHYSICS1. M. T. Dove:(来源:淘豆网[/p-5894376.html]) Structure and dynamics: an atomic view of materials2. J. Singleton: Band theory and electronic properties of solids3. A. M. Fox: Optical properties of solids4. S. J. Blundell: ism in condensed matter5. J. F. t: Superconductivity, superuids, and condensates6. R. A. L. Jones: Soft condensed matter17. S. Tautz: Surfaces of condensed matter18. H. Bruus: Theoretical microuidicsATOMIC, OPTICAL, AND LASER PHYSICS7. C. J. Foot: Atomic physics8. G. A. Brook(来源:淘豆网[/p-5894376.html])er: Modern classical optics9. S. M. Hooker, C. E. Webb: Laser physics15. A. M. Fox: Quantum optics: an introduction16. S. M. t: An introduction to quantum informationPARTICLE PHYSICS, ASTROPHYSICS, AND COSMOLOGY10. D. H. Perkins: Particle astrophysics11. T. P. Cheng: Relativity, gravitation and cosmologySTATISTICAL, COMPUTATIONAL, AND THEORETICAL PHYSICS12. M. Maggiore: A modern introduction to quantum eld theory13. W. Krauth: Statistical mechanics:(来源:淘豆网[/p-5894376.html]) algorithms putations14. J. P. Sethna: Statistical mechanics: entropy, order parameters, plexityTheoretical MicrouidicsHENRIK BRUUSMIC – Department of Micro and NanotechnologyTechnical University of Denmark13Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DPOxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford.It furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship,and education by publishing worldwide inOxford NewYorkAucklan(来源:淘豆网[/p-5894376.html])d Cape Town Dar es Salaam Hong Kong KarachiKuala Lumpur Madrid Melbourne Mexico City NairobiNew Delhi Shanghai Taipei TorontoWith ofces inArgentina Austria Brazil Chile Czech Republic France GreeceGuatemala Hungary Italy Japan Poland Portugal SingaporeSouth Korea Switzerland Thailand Turkey Ukraine VietnamOxford is a registered trade mark of Oxford University Pressin the UK and in certain other countriesPublished in the United Statesby Oxford Univer(来源:淘豆网[/p-5894376.html])sity Press Inc., New York Henrik Bruus 2008The moral rights of the author have been assertedDatabase right Oxford University Press (maker)First published 2008All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means,without the prior permission in writing of Oxford University Press,or as expressly permitted by law, or under terms agreed with the appropriatereprographi(来源:淘豆网[/p-5894376.html])cs anization. Enquiries concerning reproductionoutside the scope of the above should be sent to the Rights Department,Oxford University Press, at the address aboveYou must not circulate this book in any other binding or coverand you must impose the same condition on any acquirerBritish Library Cataloguing in Publication DataData availableLibrary of Congress Cataloging in Publication DataData availableTypeset by Newgen Imaging Systems (P) Ltd., Chenn(来源:淘豆网[/p-5894376.html])ai, IndiaPrinted in Great Britainon acid-free paper byAntony Rowe Ltd, Chippenham, Wilts.ISBN 978–0–19– (Hbk)ISBN 978–0–19– (Pbk)10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1PrefaceThis book on theoretical microuidics has grown out from a set of lecture notes that I beganwriting in the summer of 2004. Much of the material has been tested in my teaching at theTechnical University of Denmark at BSc-, MSc- and PhD-level lecture courses. The courseshave been fol(来源:淘豆网[/p-5894376.html])lowed by students of both experimental and of theoretical inclination, and itis my experience that both groups of students have ted from the lecture notes. Themore than 200 students I have been in contact with during the past three years have helpedme shape the presentation of the material in a way that appears useful for them in theirstudies.Microuidics is a vast and rapidly evolving research eld, and this textbook is in noway meant to be an exhaustive review. Instead, my ambition has been to write a nal-yearundergraduate textbook, which in a self-contained manner presents the basic theoreticalconcepts and methods used in the cross-disciplinary eld of microuidics, thus closing thegap between a number of basic physics textbooks and contemporary research in microuidics.It is my hope that the presentation of basic theory, many worked-through examples andexercises with solutions, will get the advanced undergraduate students or rst-year graduatestudents to understand the foundation of the theory, to be able to use the theory as apractical tool, and to be able to read research papers about microuidics and lab-on-a-chipsystems. Moreover, I have tried to write the text so that the students in principle can read thebook as a self-study. The gaps in the logical and mathematical progression are deliberatelymade relatively small, thus making it possible for a student to ll them in by herself.To write a textbook is hard work, but I have been so fortunate that many students andcolleagues have helped me on the way with inspiring discussions and in many cases ments on the book as it evolved. In particular, I would like to thank my talented PhDstudents for many interesting joint research projects: Goran Goranovic, Christian Mikkelsen,Anders Brask, Mads Jakob Jensen, Lennart Bitsch, Laurits Hjgaard Olesen, Martin Hellerand Misha Gregersen, as well as PhD students S. Melker Hags¨ater and Kristian Smistrup,whom I have co-supervised. Also, my latest MSc students, Thomas Eilkr Hansen, ThomasGlasdam Jensen and Peder Skafte-Pedersen, have been very helpful. Among my local theorycolleagues I have in particular enjoyed the feedback from Niels Asger Mortensen and FridolinOkkels in connection with the courses on microuidics that we have taught together. Severalof my experimental colleagues have contributed with pictures and measurement results, andthey have been thanked at each individual instance throughout the book.In a broader context, I have received much inspiration from my colleagues at the Centerfor Fluid Dynamics at the Technical University of Denmark (FluidDTU) Hassan Aref,Tomas Bohr, Morten Brns, Ole Hassager, Jens Nrkr Srensen and Jens H. Walther, andvvi Prefacethe same can be said about my international colleagues Armand Ajdari, Daniel Attinger,Martin Bazant, Steen Hardt, Ralph Lindken, Howard Stone and Patrick Tabeling.Finally, I am grateful to Pernille and Christian for letting me use their beach house atKandestederne as an author’s refuge in two absolutely critical phases during my writing ofthis book: a couple of weeks in August 2004, when I wrote what is now the rst couple ofchapters in the book, and again several weeks in March, April and May 2007, when I wrotethe last chapters and nished the book.Professor Henrik BruusMIC – Department of Micro and NanotechnologyTechnical University of DenmarkMay 2007/bruusContentsList of symbols xiii1 Basic concepts in microuidics 11.1 Lab-on-a-chip technology 11.2 Scaling laws in microuidics 21.3 Fluids and elds 31.4 SI units and mathematical notation 71.5 Perturbation theory 111.6 Eigenfunction expansion 131.7 Further reading 151.8 Exercises 151.9 Solutions 172 Governing equations 192.1 Mass ux, conservation of mass, and the continuity equation 192.2 Momentum ux, force densities, and the equation of motion 212.3 Energy ux and the heat-transfer equation 282.4 Further reading 312.5 Exercises 322.6 Solutions 333 Basic ow solutions 373.1 Fluids in mechanical equilibrium 373.2 Liquid lm ow on an inclined plane 393.3 Couette ow 403.4 Poiseuille ow 413.5 Poiseuille ow in shape-perturbed channels 513.6 Poiseuille ow for pressible uids 553.7 Stokes drag on a sphere moving in steady state 603.8 Exercises 633.9 Solutions 65viiviii Contents4 Hydraulic resistance pliance 714.1 Viscous dissipation of energy for pressible uids 714.2 Hydraulic resistance of some straight channels 744.3 Shape dependence of hydraulic resistance 754.4 Reynolds number for systems with two length scales 794.5 Hydraulic resistance, two connected straight channels 814.pliance 834.7 Equivalent circuit theory and Kirchho’s laws 844.8 Exercises 864.9 Solutions 885 Diusion 915.1 A random-walk model of diusion 915.2 The convection-diusion equation for solutions 935.3 The diusion equation 955.4 The H-lter: separating solutes by diusion 985.5 T a convection-diusion example 1005.6 Exercises 1055.7 Solutions 1066 Time-dependent ow 1096.1 Starting a Couette ow 1096.2 Stopping a Poiseuille ow by viscous forces 1116.3 Flow induced by slowly oscillating boundaries 1136.4 Accelerated motion of a spherical body in a liquid 1166.5 Other time-dependent ows 1176.6 Exercises 1186.7 Solutions 1187 Capillary eects 1237.1 Surface tension 1237.2 Contact angle 1277.3 Capillary length and capillary rise 1287.4 Capillary pumps 1317.5 M surface-tension gradients 1347.6 Exercises 1347.7 Solutions 1368 Electrohydrodynamics 1418.1 Polarization and dipole moments 1418.2 ic eects 1438.3 The Debye layer near charged surfaces 1458.4 Further reading 1528.5 Exercises 1528.6 Solutions 154Contents ix9 Electroosmosis 1579.1 Electrohydrodynamic transport theory 1579.2 Ideal electro-osmotic ow 1579.3 Debye-layer overlap 1619.4 Ideal EO ow with backpressure 1629.5 The many-channel EO pump 1659.6 The cascade EO pump 1669.7 Further reading 1699.8 Exercises 1699.9 Solutions 17010 Dielectrophoresis 17310.1 Induced polarization a heuristically 17310.2 A point dipole in a dielectric uid 17410.3 A dielectric sphere induced dipole 17510.4 The dielectrophoretic force on a dielectric sphere 17710.5 Dielectrophoretic particle trapping in microuidics 17810.6 The AC dielectrophoretic force on a dielectric sphere 18010.7 Exercises 18210.8 Solutions 18411 ophoresis 18711.1 ophoresis and bioanalysis 18711.2 ostatics 18811.3 Basic equations for ophoresis 19011.4 Calculation of ic-bead motion 19111.5 ophoretic lab-on-a-chip systems 19311.6 Further reading 19411.7 Exercises 19411.8 Solutions 19512 Thermal transfer 19712.1 Thermal eects in hydrostatics 19812.2 Poiseuille ow in a transverse temperature gradient 20112.3 Equivalent circuit model for heat transfer 20512.4 The PCR biochip 20812.5 Exercises 21012.6 Solutions 21113 Two-phase ow 21313.1 Two-phase Poiseuille ow 21313.2 Capillary and gravity waves 21513.3 Gas bubbles in microuidic channels 22013.4 Droplets in microuidic junctions and digital uidics 22413.5 Further reading 22613.6 Exercises 22613.7 Solutions 228播放器加载中,请稍候...
该用户其他文档
下载所得到的文件列表Theoretical Microfluidics - Henrik Bruus (Oxford Master Series In Physics, Oxford University Press, Usa, 5090).pdf
文档介绍:
Theoretical Microfluidics - Henrik Bruus (Oxford Master Series In Physics, Oxford University Press, Usa, 5090) OXFORD MASTER SERIES IN CONDENSED MATTER PHYSICSOXFORD MASTER SERIES IN PHYSICSThe Oxford Master Series is designed for nal-year undergraduate and beginning graduate students in...
内容来自淘豆网转载请标明出处.An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie
Your browser is currently set to not accept cookies. Please enable cookies in your web browser to continue.
How do I enable cookies?
For most browsers, the cookies settings are located under Preferences or Internet Options. The Help section of the toolbar may also explain how you can enable or disable cookies for all sites, or select the sites from which you will accept cookies.
Why does this site require cookies?
This site uses cookies to improve performance by remembering that you are logged in when you go from page to page. Providing access without cookies would negatively impact the performance of this site.
What are cookies?
Cookies are short pieces of data that are sent to your computer when you visit a website. This site only uses cookies to store automatically generated session IDs. No other information is captured.
For additional help, contact our .

我要回帖

更多关于 atomic structure 的文章

随机推荐