Jim finished product( ) hi...

您现在的位置:&&>&&>&&>&&>&&>&正文
2010年跟单员考试常用英语:美国人的电话留言
来源:  14:08:39 【】 
  注:you have the right to remain silent:电影电视里警察出示逮捕令时常讲的一句话。西方社会讲究****,任何疑犯在未审判之前不得认为有罪,因而不能逼供、更不可拷打:他们有权保持沉默。 13) Hello, you've reached Jim and Sonya. We can't pick up the phone right now, because we're doing something we really enjoy. Sonya likes doing it up and down, and I like doing it left to right …… real slowly. So leave a message, and when we're done brushing our teeth, we'll get back to you
  中国家庭并不常用电话答录机(Answering Machine),但在北美家庭,几乎家家都用。外来电话拨入时,若该电话号码的主人不在,就会让拨入者听到一段留言,这叫 Answer绝大多数的Answer都是千篇一律的:说明主人不在,请拨入者留下简短信息及姓名电话号码等。
  以下几则特别的 Answer 体现了美国佬的幽默,你能体会出其幽默所在吗?
  1) My wife and I can't come to the phone right now, but if you'll leave your name and number, we'll get back to you as soon as we're finished.
  2) Hi. This is John. If you are the phone company, I already sent the money.If you are my parents, please send money. If you are my financial aidinstitution, you didn't lend me enough money. If you are my friends, you oweme money. If you are a female, don't worry, I have plenty of money.
  3) Hi, I'm not home right now but my answering machine is, so you can talkto it instead. Wait for the beep(beep:主人的Answer讲完以后,Answer Machine会发出一声beep, 这时候来电话者就可以开始留言了。)。
  4) Hi! John's answering machine is broken. This is his refrigerator. Please speak very slowly, and I'll stick your message to myself with one of these magnets(磁铁)
  。注:通常情况下,来电话者面对录音讲话都不太自然,所以语言往往很急促,三句两句话就完了。这可苦坏了接听留言的主人,听多少遍都听不清留言者到底是谁,讲了些什么。对于母语非英文的人,这种感觉会更深。所以,以下这两段幽默干脆就首先告诉电话拨入者,我的Answer Machine不好使,你且慢慢来。
  5) Hello, this is Sally's microwave. Her answering machine just eloped(私奔) with her tape deck(磁带驱动器), so I'm stuck with taking her calls.Say, if you want anything cooked while you leave your message, just hold it up to the phone.
  6) Hello, you are talking to a machine. I am capable of receiving messages.My owners do not need siding(墙板,壁板), windows, or a hot tub(浴盆),and their carpets are clean. They give to charity(慈善团体) through their office and do not need their picture taken. If you're still with me, leave your name and number and they will get back to you.
  7) Hi. I am probably home. I'm just avoiding someone I don't like. Leave me a message, and if I don't call back, it's you.
  8) This is not an answering machine ―― this is a telepathic(心灵感应术)thought- recording device. After the tone, think about your name, your reason for calling and a number where I can reach you, and I'll think about returning your call.注:tone:与对第3)句beep 的注释含义完全一样,主人的Answer讲完以后,Answer Machine会发出一声beep, 这时候来电话者就可以开始留言了。
  9) Hi, this is George. I'm sorry I can't answer the phone right now. Leave a message, and then wait by your phone until I call you back.
  10) If you are a burglar(夜贼), then we're probably at home cleaning our weapons right now and can't come to the phone. Otherwise, we probably aren't home and it's safe to leave us a message.
  11) You're growing tired. Your eyelids(眼皮) are getting heavy. You feel very sleepy now. You are gradually losing your willpower(毅力) and your ability to resist suggestions. When you hear the tone you will feel helplessly compelled to(感到无助而被迫做某事) leave your name, number, and a message.
  12) Please leave a message. However, you have the right to remain silent.Everything you say will be recorded and will be used by us.1&&  相关推荐:       
文章责编:haoyan723& 看了本文的网友还看了
?&&( 17:57:52)?&&( 17:50:50)?&&( 17:50:58)?&&( 17:26:50)?&&( 17:20:27)?&&( 17:20:31)
在线名师:  
毕业于中国对外经济贸易大学。有单证员、货代员、外销员和国际...[]
? ?   ? ?   ? ?   ? ?   ? ?
? ?   ? ?   ?
?   ? ?    ? ?   ? ?   ? ?   ? ?
? ?   ? ?
实用工具 |
| 大全 | 大全
     |
版权声明:如果网所转载内容不慎侵犯了您的权益,请与我们联系,我们将会及时处理。如转载本内容,请注明出处。
Copyright & 2004-
 网 All Rights Reserved 
中国科学院研究生院权威支持(北京) 电 话:010- 传 真:010-Do It Today
扫描二维码方便学习和分享
&When I was superintendent of schools in Palo Alto, California, Polly Tyner, the president of our board of trustees(董事会), wrote a letter that was printed in the Palo Alto Times. Polly's son, Jim, had great difficulty in school. He was classified as educationally handicapped and required a great deal of patience on the part of his parents and teachers. But Jim was a happy kid with a great smile that lit up the room. His parents acknowledged his academic difficulties, but always tried to help him see his strengths so that he could walk with pride. Shortly after Jim finished high school, he was killed in a motorcycle accident. After his death, his mother submitted this letter to the newspaper.
Today we buried our 20-year-old son. He was killed instantly in a motorcycle accident on Friday night. How I wish I had known when I talked to him last that it would be the last time. If I had only known I would have said, &Jim, I love you and I'm so very proud of you.&
I would have taken the time to count the many blessings he brought to the lives of the many who loved him. I would have taken time to appreciate his beautiful smile, the sound of his laughter, his genuine love of people.
When you put all the good attributes on the scale and you try to balance all the irritating(刺激的) traits such as the radio which was always too loud, the haircut that wasn't to our liking, the dirty socks under the bed, etc., the irritations don't amount to much.
I won't get another chance to tell my son all I would have wanted him to hear, but, other parents, you do have a chance. Tell your young people what you would want them to hear if you knew it would be your last conversation. The last time I talked to Jim was the day he died. He called me to say, &Hi, Mom! I just called to say I love you. Got to go to work. Bye.& He gave me something to treasure forever.
If there is any purpose at all to Jim's death, maybe it is to make others appreciate more of life and to have people, especially families, take the time to let each other know just how much we care.
You may never have another chance. Do it today!
内容来自 听力课堂网:用手机学英语,请加听力课堂微信公众号:tingclass123
[报错与提意见]
订阅每日学英语:扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
Jim finished his homework and then he went back home.(改同义句)Jim _____ go back home ________ he finished his homework.
稀情尘世3009
扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
didn't until
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
didn't until
didn't ,,,until
Jim (didn't) go back home
(until) he finished his homework. not...until...
直到...才...
扫描下载二维码When&I&was&an&education&official&in&Palo&Alto,California,Polly&Tyner,the&president&of&our&school&board,wrote&a&letter&that&was&printed&in&the&Palo&Alto&Times.Polly's&son,Jim,had&great&difficulty&in&school.He&was&classified&as&the&educationally&disabled&and&required&a&great&deal&of&patience&on&the&part&of&his&parents&and&teachers.But&Jim&was&a&happy&kid&with&a&great&smile&that&lit&up&the&room.His&parents&knew&his&academic&difficulties,but&always&tried&to&help&him&see&his&strengths&so&that&he&could&walk&with&pride.Shortly&after&Jim&finished&high&school,he&was&killed&in&a&motorcycle&accident.After&his&death,his&mother&sent&this&letter&to&the&newspaper.Today&we&buried&our&20-year-old&son.He&was&killed&instantly&in&a&motorcycle&accident&on&Friday&night.How&I&wish&I&had&known&when&I&talked&to&him&last&that&it&would&be&the&last&time.If&I&had&only&known,I&would&have&said,"Jim,I&love&you&and&I'm&very&proud&of&you."I&would&have&taken&time&to&count&the&many&blessings&he&brought&to&the&lives&of&the&many&who&loved&him.I&would&have&taken&the&time&to&appreciate&his&beautiful&smile,the&sound&of&his&laughter,his&genuine&love&of&people.When&you&put&all&the&good&qualities&on&the&scale&and&try&to&balance&all&the&irritating&phenomena&such&as&the&radio&which&was&always&too&loud,the&haircut&that&wasn't&to&our&liking,the&dirty&socks&under&the&bed,etc,your&angry&feelings&won't&amount&to&much.I&won't&get&another&chance&to&tell&my&son&all&that&I&would&have&wanted&him&to&hear,but,other&parents,you&do&have&a&chance.Tell&your&young&people&what&you&would&want&them&to&hear&if&you&knew&it&would&be&your&last&conversation.The&last&time&I&talked&to&Jim&was&the&day&he&died.He&called&me&to&say,"Hi,Mom!I&just&called&to&say&I&love&you.Got&to&go&to&work,Bye."He&gave&me&something&to&treasure.forever.If&there&is&any&purpose&at&all&for&Jim's&death,maybe&it&is&to&make&others&appreciate&more&of&life&and&to&have&people,especially&members,take&the&time&to&let&each&other&know&just&how&much&we&care.You&may&never&have&another&chance.36.According&to&the&passage,we&know&thatC.A.Jim&was&always&ashamed&of&himself&&&&&&& B.Jim&did&very&well&in&his&studiesC.Jim's&parents&were&patient&with&him&&&&&D.Jim&failed&to&finish&his&high&school37.The&underlined&word"irritating"in&paragraph&4most&probably&meansAA.annoying&&&B.aggressive&&&&C.impatient&&&&D.surprising38.Which&of&the&following&can&be&the&best&title&of&the&passage?BA.Love&Your&Family&&& B.Do&It&TodayC.Walk&with&Pride&&&&&D.Appreciate&Smiles39.By&writing&the&letter&printed&in&the&Palo&Alto&Times,the&author&intends&toDA.mourn(哀悼)her&son's&sudden&death&in&a&traffic&accidentB.remind&people&to&be&cautious&of&motorcyclesC.tell&parents&to&take&better&care&of&their&childrenD.suggest&people&taking&the&chance&to&express&their&love&in&time40.Which&of&the&following&is&NOT&mentioned&in&the&passage?DA.Many&people&loved&him.B.Jim's&smile&cheered&up&his&family.C.Jim&was&killed&in&a&motorcycle&accident&at&the&age&of&20.D.Jim&constantly&expressed&his&love&to&his&mother.【考点】.【分析】句意:我讨厌她在上班给我电话-我总是忙了时间她行交谈.【解答】答案A 本考查动词短的辨析"carry on"继续,参与进";"rekino"强行闯入,成打入(某行业或领域);"urn down声小,拒绝""cuff"切断短.据句意是,我太了没有时她行交谈.里"cary on a conersaion with与进行会.故选A.【点评】本题考查的动词语,熟悉项中短语的意思并合具体的语境选择正选项.声明:本试题解析著作权属菁优网所有,未经书面同意,不得复制发布。答题:百鸟之王老师 难度:0.60真题:1组卷:1
解析质量好中差
&&&&,V2.27613- Hi ,Son.Is everything all right? - Hi ,Dad .Everything’s fine.I for you to get home so we could talk. [ ] A.had waited B.was waiting C.wait D.will wait 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
- Hi ,Son.Is everything all right?
- Hi ,Dad .Everything’s fine.I ________ for you to get home so we could talk.
A.had waited
B.was waiting
D.will wait
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:年河南省涡阳四中高一上学期期末考试英语试卷(带解析)
题型:完型填空
A man was driving at 70 miles in a 40-mile zone, when a &&36&&came behind him. Right away the man started thinking of &&37&&to give. As the policeman came to him, he said, “Hi, officer, I guess you& 38&&me a little bit over the speed limit. I was in a rush to get &&39 &, to be with my wife and kids. You know my younger son wasn’t feeling too 40 &when I left home this morning. I’m afraid he’s ill.” The policeman said, “Well, I guess so,” and started &&41&&something in his notebook. As minutes went by, he could see from the side view mirror, the police-man was&& 42&&writing. When the man was wondering why he hadn’t asked for his driving &&43&&so far, the policeman came to his window, &&44&&him a piece of paper, and returned to his car without saying a single word. The man wondered: how much was this&& 45&&going to be? However, the man was&& 46&&it was not a ticket at all and he began to&& 47 &: “I had a daughter who was &&48&&by a speeding car at the age of six by a speeding driver. He got a fine, a few months in &&49 &, and then was free, free to hug his two daughters. I only had one, and now I have to &&50&&until I get to heaven before I can hug her again. I have tried to&& 51&&that man a thousand times, and I thought I had. Maybe I really did forgive (原谅) him. So pray (祈祷) for me, and be 52&&when you drive again. My son is all I have been left with.” The man was completely &&53&&and could not move for the next few minutes. When finally he did, he drove &&54&, even a few miles&& 55&&the speed limit, praying for forgiveness.【小题1】A.truckB.police carC.mail carD.taxi【小题2】A.adviceB.informationC.excusesD.views【小题3】A.caughtB.recognizedC.mistookD.remembered【小题4】A.to schoolB.homeC.outD.to hospital【小题5】A.healthy B.happyC.freeD.well【小题6】A.looking up B.looking for C.listingD.writing【小题7】A.even B.reallyC.stillD.never【小题8】A.License(执照)B.insurance(保险)C.JournalD.route【小题9】A.sentB.handedC.rewarded D.pushed【小题10】A.ticketB.note C.paperD.notice【小题11】A.surprised. B.upsetC.angryD.excited【小题12】A.laughB.readC.smile D.think【小题13】A.hitB.knockedC.killedD.trapped【小题14】A.fear B.trouble C.dangerD.prison【小题15】A.escapeB.stay C.remainD.wait【小题16】A.attackB.forgiveC.educateD.support【小题17】A.honestB.thankful C.patientD.careful【小题18】A.disappointedB.ShockedC.nervousD.frightened【小题19】A.quicklyB.fortunately C.slowlyD.rapidly【小题20】A.withB.overC.toD.under
来源:学年广东省汕头市高三上学期期中考试英语试卷(解析版)
题型:信息匹配
请阅读下列寓言小故事和故事寓意,从所给的六个选项( A、B、C、D、E和F)中,选出附和各小题要求的最佳选项下面是几则寓言小故事:46. An ant went to the bank of a river toquench its thirst, and being carried away by the rush of the stream, was on thepoint of drowning.& A dove sitting on a tree overhanging the water pluckeda leaf and let it fall into the stream close to her.& The ant climbed ontoit and floated in safety to the bank.& Shortly afterwards a birdcatchercame and stood under the tree, aiming at the dove.& The ant, perceivinghis design, stung him in the foot.& In pain the birdcatcher shouted, andnoise made the dove take wing.47. Two men were travelling together, whena bear suddenly met them on their path.& One of them climbed up quicklyinto a tree and hid himself in the branches.& The other, seeing that hemust be attacked, fell flat on the ground, and when the bear came up and felthim with his snout, and smelt him all over, he held his breath, and pretendedto be dead as much as he could.& The bear soon left him, for he will nottouch a dead body.& When he disappeared, the other traveler descended fromthe tree, and asked his friend what it was the bear had whispered in hisear.& “He gave me this advice,” his companion replied.& “Never travelwith a friend who deserts you at the approach of danger.”48. A prince had some monkeys trained todance.& Being naturally good at learning, they showed themselves excellentpupils, and in their rich clothes and masks, they danced as well as any of thecourtiers.& Their performance was often repeated with great applause, tillon one occasion a courtier, bent on mischief, took from his pocket a handful ofnuts and threw them upon the stage.& The monkeys at the sight of the nutsforgot their dancing and became (as indeed they were) monkeys instead ofactors.& Pulling off their masks and tearing their robes, they fought withone another for the nuts.& The dancing spectacle thus came to an end inthe laughter and ridicule of the audience.49. A cock was once strutting up and downthe farmyard among the hens when suddenly he noticed something shining in thestraw.& “Ho! Ho!” said he, “that’s for me,” and soon rooted it out frombeneath the straw.& It turned out to be a pearl that by some chance hadbeen lost in the yard.& “You may be a treasure,” signed the cock, “to man,but for me I would rather have a single barley-corn.”50. An old man on the point of deathsummoned his sons around hi to give them some parting advice.& He orderedhis servants to bring in a bunch of sticks, and said to his eldest son: “Breakit.”& The son tried hard, but with all his efforts was unable to break thebundle.& The other sons also tried, but none of them was successful.&“Untie it,” said the father, “and each of you take a stick.”& When theyhad done so, he called out to them: “Now, break,” and each stick was easilybroken.请阅读下面的故事寓意,然后匹配与之对应的小故事。A. Not everything you see is what itappears to be.B. One man’s pleasure may be another’spain. / One man’s meat is another’s poison.C. Misfortune tests the sincerity offriends.D. One good turn deserves another.E. Union gives strength.F. Precious things are for those that canprize them.&
来源:2013届内蒙古高二下学期期末考试英语试卷(解析版)
题型:阅读理解
When I was an official of a school in PaloAlto, California, Polly Tyner, the president of our board, wrote a letter thatwas printed in the Palo Alto Times. Polly’s son, Jim, had great difficulty inschool. He was classified as the educationally handicapped and required a greatdeal of patience on the part of his parents and teachers. But Jim was a happykid with a great smile that lit up the room. His parents knew his difficulties,but they always tried to help him see his strengths so that he could walk withpride. Shortly after Jim finished high school, he was killed in a motorcycleaccident. After his death, his mother submitted this letter to the newspaper. “Today we buried our 20-year-old son. Hewas killed in a motorcycle accident on Friday night. How I wish I had knownthat the last time I had talked to him would be the last time. If I had onlyknown that, I would have said to him, ‘Jim, I love you and I’m always so proudof you.’ I would have taken the time to count the many blessings he had broughtto the lives of the people who loved him. I would have taken the time toappreciate his beautiful smile, his laughter, and his genuine love to otherpeople. “When I put all the good things on thescale and try to balance them with all the irritating (恼人的) things such as the radiothat was always too loud, the haircut that wasn’t to our liking, the dirtysocks under the bed, etc., I find that the irritations really don’t amount tomuch.“I won’t get another chance to tell my sonall that I would have wanted him to hear, but, other parents, do have a chance.Tell your young people what you would want them to hear as if it may be yourlast conversation. The last time I talked to Jim was the morning of the daywhen he died. He called me to say, ‘Hi, Mom! I just called to say I love you.You have to go to work now. Bye.’ That day, he gave me something to treasureforever. ”If there is any purpose at all for Jim’sdeath, maybe it is to make others appreciate life more and to tell people,especially family members, that they should take the time to let each otherknow just how much they care. You may never have another chance. Do it today!1.What’s the meaning of the underlinedphrase “the educationally handicapped”?
A.The learning difficulty.
B.The physical problems.
C.The psychological problems.
D.The communication difficulty.
2.According to the writer, which of thefollowing about Jim is TRUE?
A.He was always sad about his school marks.
B.His parents always scolded him about his bad school marks.
C.His study needed more attention from his parents and teachers.
D.He was killed in a car accident.
3.What did Polly think of Jim?
A.He was a lovely boy with a beautiful smile who always loved others.
B.He was physically sick but always happy.
C.He was an irritating boy with some bad habits.
D.He seldom expressed his love for his parents.
4.The purpose of Polly’s letter is to_______.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&.
A.memorize her son
B.teach parents to appreciate their children
C.teach children how to be good boys
D.give some advice on how to deal with children’s problems
来源:2010年江西省高一10月月考英语卷
题型:完型填空
A man was driving at 70 miles in a 40-mile zone(区域), when a &&36& &came behind him.Right away the man started thinking of &&37& &togive.&&&&&&&& Asthe policeman came to him, he said, “Hi, officer, I guess you &&38&&me a little bit over the speed limit(限制). I was in arush to get &&39 &, to be with my wife and kids. You knowmy younger son wasn’t feeling too&& 40& &when I lefthome this morning. I’m afraid he’s ill.”&&&&&&&& Thepoliceman said, “Well, I guess so,” and started &&41& &somethingin his notebook. As minutes went by, he could see from the side view mirror,the policeman was&& 42& &writing. When the man waswondering why he hadn’t asked for his driving &&43& &sofar, the policeman came to his window, &&44& &him apiece of paper, and returned to his car without saying a single word. The manwondered: how much was this&& 45& &going to be?However, the man was&& 46& &it was not a ticket atall and he began to&& 47 &:&&&&&&&& “Ihad a daughter who was &&48& &by a speeding car atthe age of six by a speeding driver. He got a fine, a few months in &&49&, and then was free, free to hug(拥抱) his twodaughters. I only had one, and now I have to &&50& &untilI get to heaven before I can hug her again. I have tried to&&51& &that man a thousand times, and I thought I had. Maybe Ireally did forgive (原谅) him. So pray (祈祷) for me, andbe&& 52&& when you drive again. My son is all I havebeen left with.”&&&&&&&& Theman was completely &&53& &and could not move for thenext few minutes. When finally he did, he drove &&54& ,even a few miles&& 55&& the speed limit, praying forforgiveness.1.A. truck&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.mail car&&&&&&& &&&&&&&C. police car&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.taxi2.A. excuses&&&&& B.information&&&&&& &C.advice&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&& D.views3.A. remembered& &&&&&&&& B.recognized&&&&&&& &C.mistook&&&&&& &&&&&&&&& D.caught4.A. to school&&&&&&&&&&& B.home&&&&&&&&&&& &C.out&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&& D.to hospital5.A. well&&&&&&&&&&& &&&B. happy&&&&&&&&&& &&C.free& &&&&&&&& &&&&D.healthy6.A. writing&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.looking for&& &&&& &&&C.listing&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&& D.looking up7.A. even &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.really&& &&&&&&&& &&&C.still&&& &&&&&& &&&&&&&&D.never8.A.insurance&& && B.license&&&&&&&&&&& C.journal&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&& D.route9.A. sent& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.handed&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&C. rewarded&&&& &&&&&& &D.pushed10.A. paper&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.note && &&&&&&&&&&&&C.ticket&&&&&&&& &&&&D.notice11.A. excited&&&&&&&&&&&& B.upset&& &&&&&&&&&&&C. angry&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.surprised12.A. laugh&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.smile&&& &&&&&&&& &&&C.read& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&D.think13.A. hit& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.knocked&&&&&&& &&&&&&&C. trapped &&&&& &&&&&&&&D.killed 14.A. fear &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.trouble&&&&&&&& &&& &&&&&&&&C.prison&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&& D.danger15.A. wait &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.stay &&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&C.remain&&& &&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&D.escape16.A. attack&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.forgive &&&&&&& C. educate&&&&&&& &&&&&&&D. support17.A. honest&&&&&&&&&&&& B.thankful &&&& &&&&&&&&C.patient& &&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&D.careful18.A. disappointed B.nervous&&&&&&& &&&&C.shocked&&&&&& &&&&D.frightened19.A. quickly&&& &B.slowly&&&&&&&& &&&&C.fortunately&&&& D. rapidly20.A. under&&&&& &&&B.over&&&&&&&&& &&&&&C.to&&&&&&&&& && &&&&D.with&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 finished product 的文章