hasbe your manschool man...

【图文】Unit 12 Has your school got a swimming(2)_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
Unit 12 Has your school got a swimming(2)
大小:1.09MB
登录百度文库,专享文档复制特权,财富值每天免费拿!
你可能喜欢He is old man. [ ] A.a B.an C.my D.very 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
He is ________ old man.
A.a B.an
C.my D.very
科目:初中英语
题型:单选题
-Does the child need any help?-No.He is old enough to ________ himself.A.put onB.wearC.dressD.take care
题型:单选题
Tom&has&_______uncle.He&is&_________old&man.A.a,aB.an,anC.a,anD.an,a
来源:学年浙江省兰溪市柏社中学初一下学期期中英语试卷(带解析)
题型:阅读理解
Bob is six years old.He is old enough to go to school. On the first day,his teacher taught him three words,“I,you,he”.Then the teacher said,“I am your teacher.You are my student.He is your student. He is your classmate.”When school was over,Bob went home. His mother asked him,“What has your teacher taught you today?”Bob said with a smile,“Listen,Mum and Dad,I am your teacher.You are my student.He is your classmate.”His mother said,“No,dear.You’re wrong.”Then she said,“I am your mother.You’re my son.He’s your father.”The next day,Bob’s teacher asked Bob to make sentences with “I,you and he”.Bob stood up and said,“I’m your mother.You’re my son.He is your father.”All the students in Bob’s class laughed.【小题1】Who taught Bob new words in the school?A.Bob’s teacherB.Bob’s friendsC.Bob’s fatherD.Bob’s mother【小题2】How many words did the teacher teach? A.Two.B.One.C.Four.D.Three.【小题3】Did Bob understand what his teacher taught him?A.Yes,he did.B.No,he didn’t. C.No,but he understood what his mother said.D.The writer doesn’t tell.【小题4】What do you think of the boy?A.He is not clever.B.He is helpful.C.He is polite.D.He is kind.【小题5】Who laughed in the class the next day?A.Bob’s mother.B.Bob’s classmates. C.Bob’s teacher.D.Bob’s father.
来源:2011年山东省威海市中考英语试卷(解析版)
Bob is six years old.He is old enough to go to school. Onthe first day,his teacher taught him threewords,“I,you,he”.Then the teacher said,“I amyour teacher.You are my student.He is your student. He is your classmate.”When school was over,Bobwent home. His mother asked him,“What has your teacher taught youtoday?”Bob said with a smile,“Listen,Mum and Dad,I am your teacher.You are my student.He is your classmate.”Hismother said,“No,dear.You’re wrong.”Then she said,“I am your mother.You’re my son.He’s your father.”The next day,Bob’steacher asked Bob to make sentences with“I,you and he”.Bob stood up and said,“I’m your mother.You’re my son.He is your father.”All the students in Bob’s class laughed.1.Who taught Bob new words in the school?A.Bob’steacher&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.Bob’s friendsC.Bob’sfather&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.Bob’s mother2.How many words did the teacher teach?A.Two.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.One.C.Four.& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.Three.3.Did Bob understand what his teacher taughthim?A.Yes,he did.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.No,hedidn’t.C.No,but he understood what his mother said.& D.The writer doesn’t tell.4.What do you think of the boy?A.Heis not clever.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.He is helpful.C.Heis polite.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.He is kind.5.Who laughed in the class the next day?A.Bob’s mother.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.Bob’s classmates.C.Bob’s teacher.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.Bob’s father.&
来源:2011年初中毕业升学考试(上海卷)英语(解析版)
题型:单词拼写
1Complete thesentences with the given words in their proper forms (用括号中所给单词的适当形式完成下列句子。每空格限填一词)1.Climb up to the_________ floor, and you can enjoy a better view. (eleven)2._________, Gracemade up her mind to live abroad with her daughter. (final)3.It is a very__________ book for language learners to improve writing skills. (use)4.Don’t worry aboutyour son. He is old enough to be independent and live by _________. (he)5.The movie KungFuPanda II is sure to __________ a large number of teenagers. (attractive)6.If you don’t goon a diet, it is __________ for you to lose weight. (possible)7.The local peoplehad to move away because of the serious _______. (pollute)8.The great _______gave his first show in Shanghai and the tickets sold out in minutes. (art)&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号Cuore (Heart): An Italian Schoolboy's Journal by Edmondo De Amicis - Free Ebook
Bibliographic Record
Translator
Cuore (Heart): An Italian Schoolboy's Journal
Release Date
May 24, 2009
Copyright Status
Public domain in the USA.
247 downloads in the last 30 days.
Download This eBook
//www.gutenberg.org/files/-h/28961-h.htm
<td class="right" property="dcterms:extent" content="7 kB
//www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/28961.epub.images?session_id=9ebd3af9b5
<td class="right" property="dcterms:extent" content="0 kB
//www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/28961.epub.noimages?session_id=9ebd3af9b5
<td class="right" property="dcterms:extent" content="7 kB
//www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/28961.kindle.images?session_id=9ebd3af9b5
<td class="right" property="dcterms:extent" content=".3 MB
//www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/28961.kindle.noimages?session_id=9ebd3af9b5
<td class="right" property="dcterms:extent" content=".1 MB
//www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/28961.txt.utf-8
<td class="right" property="dcterms:extent" content="4 kB
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/28961/
Enter your search terms separated by spaces,
then press &Enter&.
Avoid punctuation except as indicated below:
exact match
Always put spaces around these.
this query
shakespeare hamlet
"Hamlet" by Shakespeare
"qui", not "Quixote"
love stories
love stories
a.shakespeare
by Shakespeare
s.shakespeare
about Shakespeare
ebook no. 74
juvenile l.german
juvenile lit in German
verne ( l.fr | l.it )
by Verne in French or Italian
love stories ! austen
love stories not by Austen
jane austen cat.audio
audio books by Jane AustenJohn.an academically excellent young man.went to apply for a management position in a big company.The director did the last 36 . The director asked.“Who paid for your school fees? John answered.“ 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
John,an academically excellent young man,went to apply for a management position in a big company.The director did the last& 36&. The director asked,“Who paid for your school fees?” John answered.“My& 37&did.When I was young,my father& 38&.”Then he continued.“& 39&was your mother?” John answered,“My mother worked as a& 40&cleaner.”Hearing this, the director asked John to& 41 &his hands.John reached out his hands that were& 42&and perfect.The director said,“I have a&&43&.when you go home,clean your mother’s hands and see me tomorrow.” John felt& 44&but did it.His tears fell& 45&he cleaned his mother’s hands.He noticed &for the first time that her hands were so& 46&.Also John& 47&that it was this pair of hands& that washed clothes every day to& 48&him.After cleaning his mother’s hands,John& 49&washed all the remaining clothes for her. Next day,John went to the director’s office. Tears in eyes,John was asked to& 50&his& feelings.“Now I know what is& 51&.Without my mother,there wouldn’t be the& 52&me today.By helping my mother,I see how& 53&it is to get something done.I have also come to know the value of family relationship.”The director smiled,This is what I am& 54&.I want a person who can appreciate the help of others,a person who knows the sufferings of others and a person who& 55&put money as his only goal in life.You are hired.”小题1:A.farewellB.job C.interviewD.try小题2:A.tutorsB.fatherC.parentsD.mother小题3:A.died awayB.passed awayC.died outD.passed by小题4:A.WhatB.HowC.WhoD.Where小题5:A.carpetB.floorC.clothesD.window小题6:A.turnB.showC.waveD.shake小题7:A.clumsyB.dirtyC.strongD.smooth小题8:A.requestB.questionC.wishD.choice小题9:A.embarrassedB.frightenedC.confusedD.inspired小题10:A.beforeB.asC.sinceD.until小题11:A.slimB.warmC.softD.rough小题12:A.realizedB.believedC.insistedD.wondered小题13:A.sacrificeB.serveC.satisfyD.support小题14:A.modestlyB.secretlyC.quietlyD.gently小题15:A.improveB.describeC.awakenD.hide小题16:A.appreciationB.cooperationC.qualificationD.communication小题17:A.wealthyB.famousC.successfulD.humorous小题18:A.firmB.excitingC.crazyD.tough小题19:A.looking throughB.looking forC.looking atD.looking into小题20:A.shan’tB.needn’tC.won’tD.can’t
小题1:C小题2:D小题3:B小题4:A小题5:C小题6:B小题7:D小题8:A小题9:C小题10:B小题11:D小题12:A小题13:D小题14:C小题15:B小题16:A小题17:C小题18:D小题19:B小题20:C试题分析:小题1:C 上下文串联。既然是申请一直管理职位,那么要进行面试。小题2:D 上下文串联。根据下文可知他的妈妈支持他读书。小题3:.B 短语辨析。A慢慢消逝;B去世;C灭绝;D经过;句意:我小的时候,爸爸去世了。小题4:A 上下文串联。根据下文回答可知对方问妈妈的职业。What可以用来问职业。小题5:C 上下文串联,根据48空前的washed clothes说明妈妈靠帮助别人洗衣服挣钱养家。小题6:B 动词辨析。A转动;B展示;C挥动;D抖动。对方让他展示一些双手。小题7:D 形容词辨析。A笨拙的;B脏的;C强大的;D光滑的。根据perfect说明这个词与之相近,都表示该学生没有吃过苦,手很光滑。小题8:A 名词辨析。A请求;B问题;C希望;D选择;对方提出一个请求:回家帮妈妈洗手。小题9:C 形容词辨析。A尴尬;B害怕;C困惑的;D激励的;他很困惑,不知道对方的意思。小题10:B 连词辨析。A在…之前;B当…时;C自从;D直到..当他给妈妈洗手时,掉下了眼泪。小题11:D 形容词辨析。A苗条;B温暖;C柔软;D粗糙;指妈妈的手非常粗糙。小题12:.A 动词辨析。A意识到;B认为;C坚持;D想知道。他意识到就是这双手每天洗衣服来挣钱,养活他,让他上学读书。小题13:D 动词辨析,A牺牲;B服务;C使…满意;D支持,养活。解析同47,。小题14:C 副词辨析。A谦虚地;B秘密地;C安静地;D温柔地;他安静地把衣服都洗了。小题15:B 动词辨析。A提高;B描述;C唤醒;D躲藏。他被要求描述自己的感受。小题16:A 上下文串联。根据下段person who can appreciate说明要理解说明是感恩。小题17:C 上下文串联。根据第一句academically excellent young man说明他在学习方面很成功。小题18:D 形容词辨析。A坚强;B兴奋;C疯狂;D困难;句意:我明白了要把事情做好是多么的困难。小题19:B 短语辨析。A浏览;B寻找;C看;D调查。句意:你就是我要寻找的人。小题20:C won’t不会。句意:一个不会把金钱当成人生目标的人。点评:整个完形填空大题,设空科学合理,考生不难从中领会大意,从而下手会比较顺利,从选项中可以看出,本大题主要还是考查了词汇的辨析与运用,但更加注重综合语言能力的运用,需要根据故事情节,了解词汇用法的同时,结合语境,做出准确的判断。
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
When I settled in Chicago,my new city seemed so big and unfriendly. Then I had a &&&&26&&&&&&&problem and had to go to hospital for a&&&&&27&&&examination. It seemed a small &&&28&&compared to the one I was about to face ,but things started to go &&&&29 right from the beginning , Not having a car or&&& 30&&&the city, I was depending on a couple of buses to get me from A to B. &&&&31&&I’d left myself plenty of time, soon it was &&&32&&&I was going to be late, as I had mistakenly boarded a bus that was taking me in the&&&&&33&&&direction. I &&&34&&the bus and stood on the pavement not knowing what to do. I looked into the eyes of a &&&35&&, who was trying to get past me. &&&&36& , instead of moving on ,she stopped to ask if I was &&&&37&&.& After I explained my &&&38&&&to her, she pointed to a bus stop across the street , where a bus would take me back into the city to my &&&39&&&&. Sitting there waiting, I felt&& 40&that someone had been willing to help .&&& 41&&&, hearing a horn (喇叭) nearby, I looked up to see a car with my new friend&&&&&42&&&&&at me to get in, She had returned to offer me a&&&&&43&&to the hospital. Such unexpected&&&&&44&&from a passer-by was a lovely gift to receive. As I climbed out of the car at the hospital and turned to thank her, she smiled and told me not to lose&&& 45&&&&, for all things are possible.小题1:A.physicalB.travelingC.socialD.housing小题2:A.scientificB.finalC.previousD.thorough小题3:A.chanceB.challengeC.successD.error小题4:A.wrongB.easyC.fastD.ahead小题5:A.leavingB.visitingC.knowingD.appreciating小题6:A.AlthoughB.SinceC.UnlessD.Once小题7:A.strangeB.necessaryC.obviousD.important小题8:A.sameB.rightC.generalD.opposite小题9:A.looked atB.waited for C.got offD.ran into小题10:A.driverB.friendC.strangerD.gentleman小题11:A.EspeciallyB.SurprisinglyC.ProbablyD.Normally小题12:A.nervousB.excitedC.OKD.dangerous小题13:A.ideaB.motivationC.excuseD.situation小题14:A.appointment B.apartmentC.directionD.station小题15:A.afraidB.gratefulC.certainD.disappointed小题16:A.ThusB.ThenC. PerhapsD.Surely小题17:A.staringB.laughingC.wavingD.shouting小题18:A.liftB.suggestionC.bikeD.guidebook小题19:A.resultsB.newsC.kindnessD.appearance小题20:A.power B.faithC.touchD.support
Fifty people died, over 11,000 were injured, and 100,000 houses were heavily damaged or destroyed in an earthquake that struck North China's Hebei Province.The quake, measuring 6. 2 on the Richter scale (里氏6 .2级) , hit the area 220km northwest of Beijing at 11: 50 a. m. on January 10, 1998.Scientists made a report of the recent quake. They said that the area of northwestern Beijing, the joint of Shanxi and Hebei Provinces and the Inner Mongolia (内蒙古) were most easily attacked by earthquakes measuring 6 to a bit over 7 on the Richter scale.However, scientists did not see the recent earthquake earlier. Clouds covered a large area in the northern part of North China before the earthquake and experts say that this prevented satellites from correctly watching the temperature at the correct altitude (纬度).Experts say that in the last ten years, about 305 earthquakes have taken place in China with 9 measuring over 7 on the Richter scale, 60 measuring over 6, and 236 measuring over 5.Tens of thousands of people died or were injured. Loss(损失) valued over 10 billion yuan.小题1:When the earthquake attacked the area, most people there were unlikely(不太可能的)to ____.A.sleep in bedB.work in the fieldsC.walk in the streetsD.stay at home小题2:The report shows that about nine earthquakes in the past ten years are measured over ____ on the Richter scale.A.7B.5C.9D.6小题3:It can be inferred(推断) from the report that the damage caused by the earthquakes could be much less heavy if ____.A.all the people stayed outside B.the earthquake happened at midnightC.the people had been warned earlierD.the earthquake scale was lower than 6. 2 only小题4:Which of the following can be reasonable except ____.A.We can not stop earthquakesB.Scientists are working hard at the researches on earthquakesC.We can do our best to have fewer damages than everD.Nothing can be done on earthquakes
A boy was walking home from school when he saw a large, tempting( attracting) apple on one of the branches of an apple tree hanging out over a tall fence. The& boy wasn’t much of a fruit-eater, __36_ a bar of chocolate if given the choice, 37, as they say, the forbidden fruit can be tempting. Seeing the apple, the boy wanted it. The more he looked at it, the __38__ he felt and the more he wanted that apple.
He stood on tiptoe, _39_as high as he could, but even at his tallest __40__he was unable to touch it. He began to __41__ up and down, as high as he could, at the _42 of each jump stretching his arms to get the apple. Still it remained out of _43_. Not giving up, he thought, if only he had something to 44 on. His school bag wouldn’t give enough height and he didn’t want to 45 the things inside, like his lunch box, pencil box, pencil case, and Gameboy. Looking 46 , he hoped he might find an old box, a rock, or, &47 luck, even a ladder, but it was a tidy neighbourhood and there was nothing he could use. He had tried everything he could think to do. 48 seeing any other choices, he gave up and started to walk 49 . At first, he felt angry and disappointed thinking about how hungry he had become from his 50 , and how he really wanted that apple. The more he 51&like this, the more unhappy he became. 52 , the boy of our story was a pretty smart guy, even if he couldn’t get what he wanted. He started to say to himself, “ This isn’t 53 . I don’t have the apple and I’m feeling sad as well. There is 54 more I can do to get the apple— that is unchangeable —but we are supposed to be able to &55&our feelings. If that is the case, what can I do to feel better.小题1:A.preferringB.offeringC.receivingD.allowing小题2:A so&&&&&&&&&&B then&&&&&&&C. but&&&&&&&&& D or小题3:A. sadder&&&&& B angrier&&&&&C hungrier&&&&& D. tastier小题4:A. expanding&&B stretching&&& C. swinging&&&& D. pulling小题5:A. strength&&&&&& B length&&&&&& C. range&&&&&&& D. height小题6:A.jumpB.lookC.walk D.glance小题7:A.tipB.stageC.topD.level小题8:A.hopeB.handC.sightD.reach小题9:A.putB.standC.getD.hold小题10:A.breakB.shakeC.takeD.strike小题11:A.upB.forwardC.downD.around小题12:A for&&&&&&&&&&& B. with&&&&&&&& C. on&&&&&&&&& D. of小题13:A. After&&&&&&&&& B through&&&&& C. without&&&&& D. upon小题14:A.backB.awayC.upD.down小题15:A.wishesB.beliefsC.effortsD.goals小题16:A.thoughtB.imaginedC.triedD.claimed小题17:A.ThereforeB.HoweverC.MoreoverD.Otherwise小题18:A.skilfulB.cheerfulC.harmfulD.helpful小题19:A.somethingB.anythingC.everythingD.nothing小题20:A change&&&&&&&& B. express&&&&&& C. forget&&&&&& D. describe
One warm May day, two eighteen – year – old students from San Francisco State College decided to cool off with a swim at Bakers’ Beach. The two students were named Robert Kogler and Shirley O’Neill. They headed out to sea for a distance of 50 metres. Robert was in front. “Suddenly, I heard him scream,” Shirley recalls. “I looked round and saw this great grey thing going up in the air. The water seemed to be alive.”Robert screamed again. “It’s a shark! Get out of here!” An eye – witness, Army Sergeant Leo P. Day was on guard at the nearby army post. He saw exactly what happened next. “I could see this boy struggling with the shark in the water,” he said. “The sea was red with blood. He was shouting and signalling someone to go back, go back. Then I saw the girl. She was swimming towards him. She completely ignored his warning.”Shirley reached Robert, and tried to take his hand.“When I pulled, all I could see was his arm, handing by a thread,” she said. So she put her arm about Robert’s back, and started to swim towards the shore. She kept praying “Don't’ let it attack again!” That journey to the shore seemed to last for hours. At last, as they neared the shore, a fisherman threw them a line, and pulled them both the rest of the way.The young man had lost a lot of blood, and died two and a half hours later, From the teeth marks, experts identified the attacker as a Great White Shark.For what Sergeant Day called “the greatest exhibition of bravery I have ever seen,” the President of the US gave Shirley a medal for bravery.小题1:When Albert was attacked by a shark Shirley&&&&&&&&.A.was swimming in the seaB.was watching him on the shoreC.was on guard at the nearby army postD.was shouting and struggling with a shark, too小题2:Choose the right time order of the following events in the story. a. Army Sergeant saw the girl swimming to the boy.b. Shirley saw a great grey thing. c. They headed out to sea.d. Robert died.e. A fisherman threw them a line. f. He saw a boy struggling with a shark.A.b,c,e,d,f,aB.c,a,f,d,e,bC.b,c,f,a,d,eD.c,b,f,a,e, d小题3:We can learn from the passage that&&&&&&&&&.A.the two students were brave and considerateB.the fisherman was adventurous and helpfulC.the experts didn’t do much research on sharksD.the Sergeant cared too much about his own life
You’re standing in the dairy section at the grocery store, searching for your favorite brand. Suddenly, you catch a smell of chocolate cookies. You forget about dairy and head for the bakery (烘烤食品) section. Guess what? You just walked into an odor (气味) trap (陷阱)! The odor was cooked up by scientists in a lab.For years, scientists have been studying the special powers of smell. They found that more than our other senses, smell changes our mood and helps us remember things.So companies have begun spending thousands of dollars to scent (使充满香味) entire stores. Artificial (人造的) scents are being used to lead customers by the nose. These smells help to get people inside and put them in the mood to buy. They even make customers remember the store later, so they’ll come back for more. Also, many companies have smartly made use of product smells. A company added lemon fragrance to its dish cleaner. They wanted people to think the soap contained “natural” cleaners. It worked!New uses for smells are being created every day. One bank, for example, gives customers coupons (优惠券) advertising car loans (贷款). To get people to take out a loan, bank officials hope to coat these coupons with the fresh leather smell of a new car. In Australia, telephone offices are putting sweat odor on unpaid bills. Since some people sweat when they’re scared, this smell might remind them of when they were frightened. And they’ll pay the bills right away!What lies ahead for our noses? Smell scientists are working on some pretty far-out ideas. Would you believe TV sets that produce smells? Or how about scent diets? Certain food smells will fool your stomach into thinking it’s full. Alarm clocks will scent your bedroom with a strong pleasant smell designed to wake you up. Scientists are even working on ways to keep garbage from smelling. Researchers expect scents to help students make more sense of what they’re learning.And just think. Someday soon, even your homework may smell nice!小题1:How do sales methods affect customers in the stores?A.They change customers’ preferences.B.They persuade customers to use credit cards.C.They make customers avoid bad and unsafe products.D.They influence customers to make unplanned purchases.小题2:Why do telephone offices put sweat odor on unpaid bills?A.Because the sweat odor is a reminder of terrifying experience.B.Because the sweat odor can change people’s attitude.C.Because most people don’t think much of sweating.D.Because many people dislike paying bills.小题3:What does the author mean by saying “Someday soon, even your homework may smell nice!”?A.Students would benefit more from smell research. B.Students would be more willing to do homework.C.Smell research would develop beyond our imagination.D.Smell research would make great differences to our life.小题4: Why does the author write this passage?A.To encourage the store owners to use smells.B.To expose wrong practices by smell scientists.C.To inform the readers of an interesting subject.D.To blame the advertisers that use smells to sell.
The other day, my friend Jane was invited to a 40th birthday party. The time printed on the invitation was 7:30 pm.Jane went off with her husband, expecting a merry evening of wine, food, and song.By 9:45, everybody was having great fun, but no food had appeared. Jane and David were restless. Other guests began whispering that they, too, were starving.But no one wanted to leave, just in case some food was about to appear. By 11:00, there was still no food, and everyone was completely off their heads. Jane and David left hungry and angry.Their experience suggests that the words on the printed invitations need to be made clearer. Everyone reads and understands the invitations differently. Most of us would agree that 6:30 - 8:30 pm means drinks only, go out
8:00 pm or 8:30 pm means possible dinner, but 9:30 pm and any time thereafter means no food, eat beforehand, arrive late.But this is not always the case.If asked to a students’ party at 6:30 pm, it is unaccepted for guests to appear on time. Being the first to arrive — looking eager — is social death. When my mother is asked to a party at 6:30, she likes to be there, if not on time, then no later than seven.My age group (late thirties) falls somewhere between the two, but because we still think we’re young, we’re probably closer to student-time than grown-up time.The accepted custom at present is confusing, sometimes annoying, and it often means you may go home hungry, but it does lend every party that precious element of surprise.小题1:The underlined words “off their heads” probably mean _______.A.tiredB.crazyC.happyD.encouraging小题2:Jane and David’s story is used to show that _______.A.party invitations can be confusingB.party-goers usually get hungry at partiesC.people should ask for food at partiesD.birthday parties for middle-aged people are dull小题3:For some young people, arriving on time for a students’ party will probably be considered _______.A.very difficultB.particularly thoughtfulC.friendly and politeD.socially unacceptable小题4:What is the general idea of the text?&A.It’s safe to arrive late just when food is served.B.It’s wise to eat something before going to a party.C.It’s important to follow social rules of party-going.D.There’s no need to read invitations carefully.
Everybody has one of those days when everything goes wrong. This is what happened to Harry.He got up one morning very late because he had forgotten to wind up his alarm clock. He tried to shave(刮脸)quickly and cut himself. When he got dressed he got blood all over his clean shirt, so he had to find another one. The only other shirt that was clean needed ironing(熨), so he ironed it. While he was ironing it, there was a knock at the door. It was the man to read the electricity meter(表). He showed him where the meter was, said good-bye and found that the iron had burnt a hole in his shirt. So he had to wear the one with the blood on it after all. By this time it was very late, so he decided he couldn’t go to work by bus. He telephoned for a taxi to take him to work. The taxi arrived and Harry got in and began to read the newspaper.In another part of the town, a man had killed a woman with a knife and was seen to run away in a taxi. When Harry’s taxi stopped outside his office, a policeman happened to be standing there. He saw the blood on Harry’s shirt, and took him to the police station. He was kept till 3 o’clock in the afternoon before the police were sure that he was not the man they wanted. When he finally arrived at the office at about four, his boss took a look at him and told him to go away and find another job.小题1:Harry had__________________________.A.a lucky dayB.an unlucky dayC.a busy dayD.a good day小题2:Put the following sentences into correct order according to the passage.a. The man who read the electricity meter came.b. Harry ironed his shirt.c. Harry got blood all over his clean shirt.d. There was a knock at the door.e. Harry wore the shirt with blood on it.A.a, b, c, d, eB.b, a, d, c, eC.b, a, c, d, eD.c, b, d, a, e小题3:Why did Harry wear the shirt with blood on it?A.The iron had burnt a hole in his clean shirt.B.The only other needed ironing.C.He had only one shirt.D.He cut himself and got blood all over his shirt.小题4:Harry was taken to the police station because&&&&&&&&&.A.his taxi stopped outside his office and a policeman happened to be thereB.there was blood on his shirt and he was in a taxiC.a man killed a woman with a knifeD.the murderer was seen to run away in a taxi小题5:His boss told him to go away and find another job because&&&&&&&&&&&.A.he had been kept by the policeB.there was blood on his shirtC.he was late for workD.he had killed a woman
People always say that the earlier one learns a language, the ___1___ it is to do so, in theory it is that, ___2___, in my opinion, that refers to spoken language. Capability to practise some essential ___3___ of a language and read between the lines can only be trained through proper reading ways and hard work ___4___. So spending money to help ___5___ learn English may ___6___ with disappointment. It is likely that the more you ___7___, the more you are let down.The daughter of one of my friends ___8___ English in primary school, ___9___ her foreign teacher’s blindness ___10___ psychology. She did not want to go on ___11___ English until middle school, ___12___ a college student studying in English slowly ___13___ her interest in the language.It is better to have the child learn Chinese, than to have some difficulty ___14___ learning English for several years. Having been engaged in English education, ___15___ find that despite their excellent ___16___, many students have ___17___ command of English words and phrases. So I suggest that children ___18___ classical Chinese prose, rather than ___19___ them to learn English hurriedly. Otherwise, they may ___20___ the best time to improve the language ability of their mother tongue.()小题1:A.easyB.difficultC.easierD.more difficult小题2:A.butB.howeverC.thoughD.yet小题3:A.opinionsB.regardsC.requestsD.expressions小题4:A.directlyB.orallyC.properlyD.indirectly小题5:A.peopleB.girlsC.childrenD.boys小题6:A.beginB.startC.finishD.end小题7:A.payB.getC.buyD.take小题8:A.lovedB.likedC.dislikedD.learned小题9:A.because ofB.becauseC.instead ofD.instead小题10:A.ofB.atC.inD.to小题11:A.learningB.to learnC.with learningD.for learning小题12:A.whileB.whereC.whenD.as小题13:A.introducedB.practisedC.explainedD.developed小题14:A.inB.toC.atD.of小题15:A.HeB.IC.SheD.They小题16:A.pronunciationB.phraseC.languageD.writing小题17:A.fewB.lessC.littleD.fewer小题18:A.writeB.doC.rememberD.memorize小题19:A.haveB.letC.causeD.make小题20:A.get backB.let goC.bring inD.go away
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 be your man 的文章

随机推荐