the bay areaarea's rich nat...

Richborough Episcopal Area
Get in touch
Confirmation
Our Gallery
Latest News
S Mary's South Benfleet
S Mary's South Benfleet church Blessing...
Richborough Festival
Richborough Festival 2015...
Stanway Confirmation
Stanway Confirmation...
S Andrews Holt
Confirmation at S Andrew's Holt...
As the Bishop of Richborough I have the privilege of providing pastoral and sacramental care for priests and people within the eastern and southern part of the Province of Canterbury.
Conservative evangelical and traditional catholic parishes may petition to come under the care which I extend, together with the Bishops of Ebbsfleet and Beverley, to those who continue to have theological reservations about the ordination of women to the priesthood and the episcopate within the Church of England.请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
题型:阅读理解
请认真阅读下面对话,并根据各题所给首字母的提示,在标有题号的右边横线上写出一个英语单词的完整、正确形式,使对话通顺。
D=Doctor&& T=Tom
D: What’s the matter with you?
T: My forefinger was cut by a knife and
b&&&&& &a lot yesterday .The wound has been troubling me a lot.
D: Did you do anything about it before coming here?
T: I put my finger u&&&&& &the running water for a few minutes and then tied a bandage around the finger. But it seems useless. I feel the pain isu&&&&& .
D: Let me have a look at it. Oh, the wound is infected. Anyway, you should
k&&& &it clean.
s&&&&& ? Do I have to take any medicine?
D: No. It is Only n&&& &to wash the area of cut, dry it and c&&&& &it with a piece of clean cloth.
T: Thank you, doctor. By the way, I have a headache once in a w&&&& &these days. I don’t know why.
D: How’s your sleep recently?
T: I don’t sleep well. Because I often s&&&&& &up late to work.
D: You seem exhausted. The headache is probably caused by l&&&&& of sleep. You need to take a rest, and don’t worry about your work. You can drink a glass of milk before you go to bed.
T: OK. Thank you!
Marian Anderson was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the early 1990s. She began singing in church. Soon, her rich deep voice became widely known in the area. Marian Anderson received many honors and awards during her life. She received the Presidential Medal of Freedom in nineteen sixty—three. Marian Anderson died at the age of ninety—six. Experts say she is remembered not only for the quality of her voice, but also because of the way she carried out her right to be heard.
Movie director Robert Altman died in November 2006, in Los Angeles, California. He was eighty—one years old. During his fifty-year career, he made some of the most influential movies of modern times.
Ann Richards died in September 2006 at the age of seventy-three. At her funeral service, leaders from around the country gathered to celebrate her life. Former President Bill Clinton spoke at the service. He said Ann Richards helped create a world where young girls could be scientists, engineers and police officers. He said she was a great woman with a big heart and big dreams.
Journalist R.W. Apple died in October 2006 at the age of seventy—one. Earlier this month his friends and family gathered in Washington, D.C. for a large memorial service. Famous writers, politicians, and cooks told about his warm personality, sharp intelligence, and extraordinary energy. After the service, guests enjoyed fine foods provided by some of the best cooks in the area.
William Styron died in November 2006 at the age of eighty—one. His stories are filled with rich language and complex moral questions. Many of his books try to understand the evil actions of people. Later in life William Styron suffered from severe depression. After recovering, he wrote honestly and bravely about his experience in “Darkness Visible: A Memoir of Madness.” He received great praise for educating people about the difficulties of mental illness.
Ruth Brown was born in Portsmouth, Virginia in 1928 and died in October 2004. Brown recorded many rhythm and blues hits in the 1950s. She also fought for musicians rights. In 1988, Atlantic Records agreed to pay her and thirty-five other musicians the money they owed them for using their songs for twenty years.
请阅读下列有关的信息, 然后匹配上面的美国名人。
As a young woman, she worked as a teacher and raised four children. She and her husband were very involved in local politics. Then one day, she decided to run for officer herself—and she won. She served first as country commissioner, then as Texas state treasurer. In nineteen ninety she was elected governor. She fought for equal rights, environmental protection and laws to restrict guns. She created a government in which women, Hispanics, and African-Americans played important roles.
“MASH”, was released in nineteen seventy. It tells about a group of American medical workers in a temporary military hospital in Korea during the Korean War in the 1950s. It questions the rules of the military establishment in a way that was sharply f “Nashville” came out in nineteen seventy—five. It provides a complex look at changes in the country music industry. Many of his thirty—three films were nominated for Academy Awards, including “The Player” and “Gosford Park”
She learned traditional music at her Christian religious center. But she liked the popular jazz and rock music of the time even more. She left home at a young age to build a career in music. Soon, she became known as “the girl with the tear in her voice” because of her emotional way of singing. Her popular songs helped build the Atlantic Records company and she continued performing for the rest of her life until she died recently at the age of seventy six.
He is known as Johnny, wrote about many subjects, from politics and war to food and drink. During his forty—three years writing for the New York Times newspaper, he enjoyed a rich and eventful career. He was the paper’s chief reporter in cities like London, Moscow, Lagos and Nairobi. He covered events such as the Vietnam War, the Iranian revolution and the Gulf War. He reported on ten presidential elections. And, his opinions on fine foods, travel and the world’s best restaurants were very influential.
He wrote “Lie Down in Darkness” published in nineteen fifty—one when he was only twenty-five. It is about a troubled young woman who kills herself. It established him as a great new voice in A he also wrote “The Confessions of Nat Turner” in nineteen sixty-eight which told about a nineteenth century slave revolt in the southern state of V and “Sophie’s Choice ” won the American Book Award in nineteen eighty. It is a tragic story about a woman and her children who were sent to a Nazi death camp in Poland during World War Two.
来源:江西省09-10学年度高二下学期期中考试英语试题
题型:其他题
第四部分写作(共两节,满分35分)
第一节:对话填空共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
M: What are you doing here
(76)a_____?&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
76. __________&&&&&&&
W: Just looking at the lights. I like to
look at the city at
night.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
M: Everybody is standing around the piano
and singing.
Don’t you want to (77)j_____us?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&77.
__________&&&&&&&
W: I’d (78)r_____stay out here for a few
minutes.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
78. __________&&&&&&&
Look down there where I’m pointing.
M: I don’t see anything
(79)s_____.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
79. __________&&&&&&&&
W: That’s (80)w_____I used to live when I
was a
child.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
80. __________&&&&&&&
M: What kind of neighborhood was it?
W: A very (81)p_____one. Everybody was
supposed to
work&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
81. __________&&&&&&&&
hard and end up with a house in the outer
area of the city.
M: But you’ve ended up with a flat in the
sky.
W: Yes, and I don’t want to lose it.
M: I think that means that all of us had
(82)b______go&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
82. __________&&&&&&&
home soon so that you can get a little
(83)s_____.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
83. __________&&&&&&&&
W: I do have to be at the (84)o______in the
morning.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
84. __________&&&&&&&
M: Tell me, how do you do it, both work so
hard and play so hard?
W: I don’t know. I just like to do
(85b_____. And I don’t need much
sleep.&&&&&&&&&&& 85.
__________&&&&&&&
来源:学年江西省高三上学期第三次月考英语卷
题型:其他题
对话填空(共10小题,每小题1分,满分10分)
W: Good evening, sir. I was told that you
were robbed.
M: I certainly was.
W: When did that happen?
M: About two hours ago.
W: Why didn’t you1. r______ it then?
M: I couldn’t. I was tied to a chair and my
mouth was2.f______ with something.
W: Please tell me exactly what happened.
M: I was sitting in this room watching TV
when someone 3.)k&&&&&&&& at the door.
Without thinking, I opened it.
W: That wasn’t very wise, sir.
M: I know. I was 4. e_____ my wife, you
see, and I 5. t______ it was her.
W: You should never open a door without
going to see who it is.
M: Yes, I regret that now.
W: What happened?
M: Two men pushed inside and then 6.
t______ me with a knife.
W: Did you take a good look at them?
M: I’m afraid not, They were both 7.w&&&&&&stockings
over their faces.
W: What did they take?
M: My wallet with $200 in it, my watch, and
some of my wife’s8. j______ from my bedroom.
W: They don’t seem to have done much damage
to the flat.
M: No. They had just begun to search when
the dogs next9. d______ began to bark. They ran off. It was some time 10.b&&&&&&&&my
wife returned and set me free. I phoned the police at once.
W: My men began searching the area as soon
as we received your call. I can’t promise you that we’ll recover your property,
but we’ll certainly do our best.
来源:黑龙江庆安三中高一下学期期中英语试题
Memphis is the largest city in the southern
State of Tennessee, USA. The Mississippi River flows along the west side of the
city. Memphis is the chief center of business, industry and transportation in
Tennessee.
650,000 people live in the city.
More than one million people live in the area. Like many other American cities,
Memphis has had racial problems. About forty-eight percent of the city’s
population is African American. In 1968, city workers who collected waste went
on strike. Most of the workers were black. The famous civil rights leader
Martin Luther King Junior went to Memphis to support the workers. On April 4th,
King was murdered in Memphis by James Earl Ray. After Mr. King’s death, the
city worked to improve living conditions for black people. In 1991, voters
elected W.E.Herenton the city’s first black mayor. The same year, Memphis
opened the National Civil Rights Museum. It was built next to the place where
Martin Luther King was killed. Many people visit the museum to learn about the
history of the American civil rights movement. Today, people from across the
United States and around the world visit Memphis,where tourism has become a
major industry.
&There are about&&&&&
African Americans living in Memphis.
A.
312,000&&&&& B. 480,000&&& C. 650,000&&&& D. 1,000,000
&Which of the following statement is
NOT true according to the passage?
A. Martin Luther
King was killed in the city of Memphis by James Earl Ray in 1968.
B. W.E.Herenton was elected the
first black mayor of Memphis in 1991.
C. Memphis opened the National
Civil Rights Museum in 1991.
D. Martin Luther King was elected
mayor of Memphis.
&The title for the passage should be&&&&&
A. How to fight against
slavery&&&& B. National Civil Rights Museum
C.
Memphis&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
D. A black mayor