No onewho deserves helpyou...

No One Deserves to Die Alone
I grew up wanting to entertain.
With my family as my audience, I used to sing, dance and reenact every scene from Grease, Newsies and Les Misérables as many times as they would let me.
I knew that being a part of the entertainment industry was something I had to do and I would stop at nothing to get there.
Amongst all my dreams and passions, never did I think a love for hospice would enter and hold a top rank in my life.
About five years ago, I had developed this overwhelming feeling that was gnawing at me, telling me that something was missing from my life.
There was a void that I needed to fill.
Besides wanting to become an actress I had always dreamed of working, helping and b so I sat down one night and started searching for some volunteer work with kids on the internet.
As I was searching, the word "hospice" popped up.
I had a rough idea of what Hospice was but my knowledge kind of ended there.
According to my friends and family, I have always had a fascination with death and dying. They called it "morbid." Whatever and why it was, reading what I did, had peaked my interest.
I decided to give them a call and sign up for the volunteer training course. During those three weeks of training every Saturday and Sunday, I came to find that hospice in fact is not "morbid," and on the contrary, it is a very beautiful thing.
The feeling I had when leaving each
I instantly knew this was what I needed to be doing in my life.
Hospice to most has such a negative connotation, which is so unfortunate. Each session I found was spiritually uplifting to me.
It gave me more meaning to the word "life" than I had ever found elsewhere.
Think about it: "No one dies alone." That was their slogan. No one deserves to die alone.
No matter who you are, you deserve to have someone by your side.
And as a volunteer with hospice, we provide that love, comfort and respect.
I learned so much and realized that it is just as important to help those leaving this world as it is to help those coming into it.
It is all just one giant circle of life and every step is equally as important.
Once I passed through my training and started getting assigned to my patients, my love for this work grew even deeper.
Being a part of this last phase of someone's life is a feeling like no other.
Listening to them, holding their hand or reading to them offers such a lovely connection for both parties involved.
Being so heavily involved with hospice completely enhanced my life and truly made me want to live every day to its full potential.
I want to be that person when I am 90 years old who has the exciting, titillating stories to tell of travel and love and romance.
Hospice has brought such a light in my life, it is something I will be involved with until I need hospice myself.
I came home one day after working a funeral and exclaimed, "That's it! I am quitting acting! I am going to be a funeral director!"
Needless to say, that didn't happen,
it is good to know I always have a backup plan.
Follow Torrey DeVitto on Twitter:
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.编辑点评:在下班回家的时候,天公不作美,突然下起了大雨,Rob 特别热情地说要开车送菲菲回家。不过眼看在就要到家的那一刻,Rob 对菲菲说了什么?请听节目。
在下班回家的时候,天公不作美,突然下起了大雨,Rob 特别热情地说要开车送菲菲回家。不过眼看在就要到家的那一刻,Rob 对菲菲说了什么?请听节目。
(关于台词的备注: 请注意这不是广播节目的逐字稿件。本文稿可能没有体现录制、编辑过程中对节目做出的改变。)
大家好,欢迎收听《地道英语》节目。我是冯菲菲。
& and hello I'm Rob.
Rob, thanks for giving me a lift home from the station tonight.
No problem Feifei. Happy to help& and look we're almost home& just turn this corner.
Great - I would have got very wet walking home in this rain.
That's OK& but I was wondering if you could do something for me now?
Oh! Rob 开车回家,捎我了一程,我本以为他送我就是因为雨下得太大,不过看来他是别有用心。Rob, did you just give me a lift home so that I would do something for you?
Well& err& you know what they say& 'one good turn deserves another'.
'One good turn deserves another'? 等等,你是在说开车技巧吗?There's no need to 'turn another corner', we're already at my house.
No Feifei & I mean when someone does something to help you, you should do something helpful in return.
Oh, is that right! 原来,在英语里,one good turn deserves another 的意思是别人对你伸出援助之手,给了你帮助,你则应当以德报德,一报还一报,礼尚往来。咱们来听几个使用 one good turn deserves another 的例句。
A: Do you mind doing the washing up? I did do all the cooking and one good turn does deserve another!
B: Oh, OK then.
Please can you help me with my homework, I did yours last week and you know what they say: one good turn deserves another!
He helped me fix my car, so I was happy to let him borrow it if he needed to & one good turn deserves another.
One good turn deserves another 一报还一报实际表达的意思就是善有善报,以德报德。Hmm, I've been thinking Rob, you're right & you did me a kind favour and I should help you & so how can I help?
Well, if you're sure Feifei & I wondered if you could help me paint my house this weekend?
什么?帮你粉刷房子?
Not all of it & just the living room, the kitchen, the bathroom and the bedroom.
你是不是有点儿太贪心了?Rob, I'm sure one good turn deserves another of equal value & giving me a lift home isn't the same as painting all of your house!
Oh, so the answer is 'no' then?
Erm& bye. And you can walk next time!
声明:&本文由BBC英语教学授权沪江英语发布。任何媒体禁止转载。114网址导航I learn to believe,but you broke it.Perhaps no one deserves me to believe
我学着去相信,打你拒绝了.或许没人值得我相信.
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
我学会了相信,但你拒绝。也许没有人值得我相信.
我在学会去信任,但你拒绝了。也许没什么值得我去信任。
扫描下载二维码I think no one deserves it more that you!这句话什么意思有几个说几个谢谢哦_百度知道
I think no one deserves it more that you!这句话什么意思有几个说几个谢谢哦
提问者采纳
我想除你之外没有人更应得到它了。
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
等待您来回答