put onput your hands onbig boy...

Put on your darn big girl pants!!!! Update: page 13 - BabyCenter
Please click
if you are not redirected within a few seconds.
This site requires Javascript enabled on the web browser.
advertisement
advertisement
Put on your darn big girl pants!!!! Update: page 13
Last edited 11/05/2014
Why is my daughter's baptism becoming a drama fest?! Good god. Put on your big boy and girl pants, people!!! I posted before about how my best friend of ten years stopped talking to me and then completely cut me out because we made my SIL
(sister-in-law) godmother. Well, now my mom is being a giant (insert colorful adjective here) because she's all butt hurt that I invited my dad--you know, my LO's GRANDFATHER--to his only granddaughter's baptism. My parents had a nasty divorce. Over 26 years ago. He moved on. She didn't. She carries a grudge the size of Antarctica. She just informed me that if he goes, she won't be going. Because this day is all about HER, right? I almost didn't invite him because she said that and obviously I want her there--but DH
(dear husband) convinced me that that's so unfair to me. To have to choose between parents and take her grandfather away from her. People need to grow up. End rant. Edited to clear up typos from typing angry.
<div class="reaction_count_value reaction_count_position1" id="reaction_hug_total_
Posted 10/06/2014
I know how you feel. I've been dealing with crazy drama like that all my life. When I got married I told both of my parents that I am NOT having 2 parties for anything with my wedding/kids. If they couldn't be adults and be in the same room then they could CHOOSE to stay home. Their loss. Guess what? Everyone put on their grown up pants and manages to be together.
LOVE (2009) MARRIAGE (2013) BIG SISTER (2014)
LITTLE SISTER COMING SOON (DEC 2016)
Posted 10/06/2014
I know how you feel. I&#39;ve been dealing with crazy drama like that all my ...
Ha! Thank you for this! Im going to have to explain to her that since I wasn't an immaculate conception, I have a father. And my LO
(little one) has two grandfathers who will both be invited to every major event in her life. So unless my mom wants to miss birthdays, graduations, weddings, etc....she needs to grow up. I'm glad it worked for you! Here's hoping it does for me as well. Just gets me so mad because they make everything about them and make things harder for us. So selfish.
Posted 10/06/2014
Ha! Thank you for this! Im going to have to explain to her that since I wasn&...
My problem was between my mom and step mom. My step moms been married to my father for 21 years so its not like she's just a girlfriend or something. It was SUPER bumpy when I fits told them and my bridal shower was full of drama but it settled down after that when they realized I wasn't changing my mind.
LOVE (2009) MARRIAGE (2013) BIG SISTER (2014)
LITTLE SISTER COMING SOON (DEC 2016)
Posted 10/06/2014
Your mother is being an immature brat about things. Let her make the decision not to show. The only one missing out in the end is HER!
Badass mom of 3If you're upset after something I post, you might be taking the internet too seriously.
Posted 10/06/2014
Ohhh I feel your pain! My Lo's baptism is at the end of the month and I'm sporadically going to put tables all around my house in various rooms so everyone can segregate themselves. At this point, I feel like they should all be able to get over it and be adults who share common family. I'm inviting everyone and if they don't like it they can stay home! I I refuse to have three parties to accommodate childish behavior. So far, so good! God this annoys me lol.
Posted 10/06/2014
If you really think about it, she's only punishing herself by not going.
I know I'm gonna have issues like this in the future because both mine and my boyfriends parents went through nasty divorces and absolutely despise each other. My mom is remarried and my FIL
(father-in-law) is recently engaged so there's jealousy problems too. *sigh*
Posted 10/06/2014
Ugh. My mom and ur mom can compete and tie in the contest of drama queen. Mine was pissed I chose my BFF for godmother instead of my VERY pregnant with twins sister in law who I love, but our relationship kind of ends there. Ur life, ur baby, ur mom can just deal with it. Sounds like ur more mature than she is.
Last edited 10/06/2014
I'm right there with you!
My Jewish sister got a lecture for not baptizing her baby, DURING the baptism.
Edit: from the priest!
Posted 10/07/2014
At least I'm not alone. What is it about special occasions that just bring out the worst in people?! If someone wants to ruin his own special day, that's fine. But leave others' special days out of it!
Posted 10/07/2014
This is the reason( "drama" )why I canceled the baptism for LO,I told DH
(dear husband) not to choose any body inside his siblings to be the godparent,so his mom suggested to ask his niece to be the godmother and that's how all started,went his sibling found out they start talking about how they do the most for LO
(little one) and why they are not the godparents..so his sister ask his mom abot what she suggest and she deny it which lead to another issue ??..now they so awkwardly towards us..it is so sad why people are so petty and can't respect other people's decision...so we cancel the baptism and they still make a big stink about it..damn it cause damn if you do damn if you don't,you just can't win..??
advertisement
Learn more
Look how far your child has come.
Review your child's growth milestones.
Read about .
Your growing child
Learn more
What's next for your growing child?
Get a glimpse of what's to come.
Read about .
Related Photo Clubs
Related Groups
Please sign in
Email address:
This field is required.
This field is required.
Keep me logged in.
Badge nomination
The nominee
Please choose a badge
Tell us why
Why are you nominating this member for a badge? Please explain briefly or provide a link to support your nomination.
Please tell us why
Your nomination has been submitted.
Please be patient. It can take a week to work through the nominations and assign badges.
BabyCenter Shortcuts
BabyCenter Mobile
Our U.S. Sites
Our International Sites114网址导航put on your big boy pants是什么意思?
=grow up,dont be naive
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
楼上=。=正解。。。祝你快乐。
成熟点儿吧,别像个小孩子一样
别像个小孩子一样
扫描下载二维码114网址导航

我要回帖

随机推荐