sicking in the endspag...

Deanna Spagnuolo, wearing a black mermaid gala gown from Poised boutique on Sussex Drive, takes a break during a fashion shoot sitting next to Claude Aubin on a park bench near Dalhousie Street in the ByWard Market.
Deanna Spagnuolo, wearing a black mermaid gala gown from Poised boutique on Sussex Drive, takes a break during a fashion shoot sitting next to Claude Aubin on a park bench near Dalhousie Street in the ByWard Market.Bruno Schlumberger, The Ottawa Citizen
Deanna Spagnuolo, wearing a black mermaid gala gown from Poised boutique on Sussex Drive, takes a break during a fashion shoot sitting next to Claude Aubin on a park bench near Dalhousie Street in the ByWard Market.Bruno Schlumberger
/ The Ottawa Citizen
With your existing account from:
{* loginWidget *}
or with your
{* #signInForm *}
{* signInEmailAddress *}
{* currentPassword *}
{* /signInForm *}
Welcome back, {* welcomeName *}!
{* loginWidget *}
Not {* welcomeName *}?
Welcome Back, {* welcomeName *}!
{* #signInForm *}
{* signInEmailAddress *}
{* currentPassword *}
{* /signInForm *}
Not {* welcomeName *}?
Your account has been deactivated.
Sorry, we could not verify that email address.
Your account has been reactivated.
You must verify your email address before signing in. Check your email for your verification email, or enter your email address in the form below to resend the email.
{* #resendVerificationForm *}
{* signInEmailAddress *}
{* /resendVerificationForm *}
Please confirm your details below.
{* #socialRegistrationForm *}
{* firstName *}
{* lastName *}
{* emailAddress *}
{* displayName *}
Postmedia wants to improve your reading experience as well as share the best deals and promotions from our advertisers with you. The information below will be used to optimize the content and make ads across the network more relevant to you. You can always change the information you share with us by editing your profile.
Birthdate{* birthdate *}
Gender{* gender *}
Attention Print Newspaper SubscribersFor verification of Print Subscriber offers (e.g. epaper, Digital Access, Subscriber Rewards), please input your Print Newspaper subscription phone number and postal code.
{* phone *}
{* addressPostalCode *}
By clicking "Create Account", I hearby grant permission to Postmedia to use my account information to create my account.
I also accept and agree to be bound by Postmedia's
with respect to my use of the Site and I have read and understand Postmedia's Privacy Statement. I consent to the collection, use, maintenance, and disclosure of my information in accordance with the Postmedia's .
{* backButton *}
{* /socialRegistrationForm *}
Please confirm your details below.
Already have an account?
{* #registrationForm *}
{* firstName *}
{* lastName *}
{* emailAddress *}
{* displayName *}
{* newPassword *}
{* newPasswordConfirm *}
Postmedia wants to improve your reading experience as well as share the best deals and promotions from our advertisers with you. The information below will be used to optimize the content and make ads across the network more relevant to you. You can always change the information you share with us by editing your profile.
Birthdate{* birthdate *}
Gender{* gender *}
Attention Print Newspaper SubscribersFor verification of Print Subscriber offers (e.g. epaper, Digital Access, Subscriber Rewards), please input your Print Newspaper subscription phone number and postal code.
{* phone *}
{* addressPostalCode *}
By clicking "Create Account", I hearby grant permission to Postmedia to use my account information to create my account.
I also accept and agree to be bound by Postmedia's
with respect to my use of the Site and I have read and understand Postmedia's Privacy Statement. I consent to the collection, use, maintenance, and disclosure of my information in accordance with the Postmedia's .
{* backButton *}
{* /registrationForm *}
We have sent you a confirmation email to {* emailAddressData *}. Please check your inbox and follow the instructions to confirm your email.
Follow these simple steps to create a new password:
1. Enter your email address below
2. Wait for the instructions to arrive in your inbox
3. Follow the instructions to update your password
{* #forgotPasswordForm *}
{* signInEmailAddress *}
{* backButton *}
{* /forgotPasswordForm *}
We've sent an email with instructions to create a new password. Your existing password has not been changed.
{| current_displayName |}
{| current_emailAddress |}
{| foundExistingAccountText |} {| current_emailAddress |}.
{| moreInfoHoverText |}
{| existing_displayName |} - {| existing_provider |} : {| existing_siteName |} {| existing_createdDate |}
{| moreInfoText |}
{| existing_displayName |}
{| existing_provider_emailAddress |}
Created {| existing_createdDate |} at {| existing_siteName |}
{| connectLegacyRadioText |}
{| createRadioText |} {| current_provider |}
Validating
{* #signInForm *}
{* signInEmailAddress *}
{* currentPassword *}
{* backButton *}
{* /signInForm *}
Sorry, we could not verify your email address. Please enter your email below, and we'll resend the instructions for email verification.
{* #resendVerificationForm *}
{* signInEmailAddress *}
{* /resendVerificationForm *}
Check your email for a link to verify your email address.
Thank you for verifiying your email address.
{* #changePasswordFormNoAuth *}
{* newPassword *}
{* newPasswordConfirm *}
{* /changePasswordFormNoAuth *}
Your password has been successfully updated.
We didn't recognize that password reset code. Please enter your email below, and we'll send you a new code to reset your password.
{* #resetPasswordForm *}
{* signInEmailAddress *}
{* /resetPasswordForm *}
We've sent you an email with instructions to create a new password. Your existing password has not been changed.The Giants flaw that’s like ‘knife in the back’ of Steve Spagnuolo | New York Post
The Giants flaw that’s like ‘knife in the back’ of Steve Spagnuolo
Darren Sproles, busting out on a big run, and the Eagles made six big plays against the Giants, annoying defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo.
The Giants’ defense
on Sunday, ensuring a third straight victory, but the big plays they allowed kept defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo up late at night. The Eagles, who lack a game-breaking wide receiver, had six plays of 20 yards or longer.
“That is a knife in my back every day and we talk about it all the time,” Spagnuolo said after practice Friday. “You have to keep that number under four plays and it seems to be that when teams have explosive plays against us, they are really explosive.”
In reviewing film, Spagnuolo said some of the plays were the result of the offense executing against the Giants defense, other times it was the secondary making mistakes, and the pass rush was at fault, too, for not generating enough pressure.
“It is not just one guy,” he said. “To the naked eye, it is just one guy. But it is not, it is a lot of people. But we need to eliminate those.”
Wide receiver Victor Cruz (ankle) didn’t practice for the second straight day, clouding his status for Monday night. Giants coach Ben McAdoo did say he is improving.
Safety Andrew Adams (shoulder) was limited and quarterback Ryan Nassib (right elbow) practiced fully after being limited Thursday. Defensive end Kerry Wynn (concussion) was limited as well.
The Bengals could be without starting middle linebacker Rey Maualuga (fibula), who didn’t practice on Friday.
Ereck FlowersBill KostrounThe NFL ruled Giants left tackle Ereck Flowers didn’t violate its personal conduct policy when he shoved a reporter following a loss to the Packers in Green Bay on Oct. 10, ESPN reported.
Spagnuolo said safety Nat Berhe will receive more defensive snaps this week after being used sparingly last Sunday in his first game back from a concussion. The Giants were conservative with him, because he had a limited amount of practice time prior to the game.
“You will see more of him this week because he has got a bunch of reps under his belt,” Spagnuolo said.
The Giants will use three safeties, mixing Berhe in with starters Landon Collins and Adams. They were the Giants’ two most productive defensive players against the Eagles, according to a system the team uses to rate players based on tackles, assisted tackles, pass break ups, interceptions, and sacks in relation to snaps.
Offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan said Brett Jones “will be put to the test this week,” giving away that the former CFL standout will almost certainly start in place of Justin Pugh (knee) at left guard this week.
SPONSORED STORIESSave The Pearls, Chapter 10: In Which The SPAG Goes Completely To Pot - The Sporkings of Das Mervin and Company
Save The Pearls, Chapter 10: In Which The SPAG Goes Completely To Pot - The Sporkings of Das Mervin and Company
12:38 pm - Save The Pearls, Chapter 10: In Which The SPAG Goes Completely To PotSo, let’s see what Pumaman will do to the Reverse KKK!This chapter is absolutely dripping with slash. Needless to say, all of it is entirely unintentional.Warnings: racism, violence, slight spoilers for the seventh Harry Potter book and fairly mild discussion of the sex lives of snakes.Fortunately, the opening paragraphs aren’t too bad this time, so I’ll summarise. There are ninety seconds left before the lab explodes and Dr Newman is gazing adoringly at Ronson. SITASPELL: IT’S ALIIIIIVVVE!CHERYL: Eden, who’s not sure if Ronson retains his human morality, is afraid he might kill her father.Beside her, Jamal ordered his men in a calm, low voice. “Do not kill the creature. I repeat, stun but do not kill him.”CHERYL: Since the first sentence is obviously supposed to be a dialogue tag, it should not end in a full stop.GRAMMAR IS FOR POC: 25SITASPELL: Is the FFP at all in on this plan? Are they just following Jamal around, doing what he says with no idea what the mission is? He shouldn’t have to tell them not to kill Bramdingo – the whole reason they’re doing this is so that they can kidnap him and steal the Sooper Sekrit Fyooture DNA research! Are these guys actually soldiers or just some bored dudes Jamal picked up at the Moon Dance?CHERYL: That’s something we left out of your Moon Dance photo album. “Hey, wanna be a Black Panther?” “OK.”Since the futuristic future people are setting phasers to stun, they can have one blanket Techno-Hyper-Holo-Images count for the whole chapter.TECHNO-HYPER-HOLO-IMAGES: 24Eden yells at Ronson to scram, but he doesn’t respond. She’s not sure if he still understands language or not.SITASPELL: It sure would be a bitch if he didn’t, wouldn’t it? But I thought the modifications just changed his appearance? Did they splice in brain-altering molecules as well, or is this just another excuse for Foyt to be racist?She hated to think of how the FFP would cage and dissect him like a common lab rat, Rattus norvegicus. They would destroy him, just like every other wild thing on the ravaged planet.CHERYL: You didn’t seem terribly bothered about the snake, eagle and jaguar they presumably cut up to make Neko!Ronson. And just because rats are “common” doesn’t mean they suffer any less than rare creatures....Wait, I’m talking to Miss “Superior Race” here, aren’t I? Fine, carry on.LATIN LOVER: 8SITASPELL: And wait…what?The FFP have been going around the entire planet killing “wild thing[s]”? I thought they just wanted to kill Pearls – why in Holy Earth’s name have they been going around killing random animals? And are these animals outside? Because black people can get The Heat, too, can’t they? Why have they been risking trips outside the combs to arbitrarily slaughter wild animals, let alone common lab rats?CHERYL: Er... I think she meant that every wild thing on the planet has been destroyed by climate change or people, not necessarily the FFP.SITASPELL: But why would they need to “dissect” Bramdingo? His DNA is what’s been changed, so why wouldn’t they just take some of his blood and just replicate those cells? This is just another “mad science” cliché Foyt threw in because it sounded futuristic and science-y.
TECHNO-HYPER-HOLO-IMAGES: 25And yet, hope surged in her as the cunning predator now embedded into Bramford’s DNA seemed to take possession of him. His feline eyes canvassed the room, probably devising a strategy to attack. She imagined him drawing upon the superfine senses and formidable powers he’d been given. But how would he resist the soldier’s lasers?CHERYL: That should be “the soldiers’ lasers”.GRAMMAR IS FOR POC: 26Bramford sank onto his haunches with a warning rumble. Powerful muscles rippled in his thighs. His lips curled into a snarl, ready to attack. The louder his growl grew, the more nervous the soldiers seemed. Eden understood with a rush of respect that like any alpha male, he needed to establish his dominance over them.CHERYL: It speaks... not volumes, more like the entire Encyclopaedia Brittanica that she respects him more now he’s a mutant animal thing than she did when he was a man.WILDN’ OUT: 17SITASPELL: I mentioned this back in chapter one or two – don’t remember which – and it was behind a spoiler cut. But we’ve arrived at that place I w Eden wasn’t attracted to Bramford when he was a human being and her social better, but now that he’s a monster, she’s all over that shit. Notice how she implies – and occasionally outright states – that Bramdingo is the same as he was before. She’s implying that this monster is somehow his “true self” and that his previous behavior was just a fa?ade – now that he’s had this comical operation, he no longer has to “pretend” to be civilized.
SOD CONTEXT, THIS IS JUST PLAIN RACIST: 9CHERYL:Also, note the sexism: alpha males rule. Alpha females? Who they? And is this accurate for a jaguar-harpy eagle-anaconda-man?1. , but I think we can safely rule out the possibility of anacondas hanging around in packs.
shows that when they get together to have sex parties they do so in groups of one fema not only that, but the female anaconda is far larger than the male (the researcher guy says four and a half times the size). No alpha male anacondas.2. In the case of the harpy eagle the female can once again be . Harpies are monogamous and mate for life. Once again, no male pack leaders.3. Finally, jaguars are solitary. Their only social groups consist of the mother and her cubs. If National Geographic is to be believed, “.” (Though in this case the female actually is smaller than the male.)So well done, Foyt. You created your “alpha male” out of three species in which there is no pack behaviour and the females are either much bigger than the males or regularly beat them up. I have no words to express the extent of your failure. (Though it is quite amusing to picture Eden turning into panthereaglacondawoman and discovering she’s four times the size of Ronson.)Snip: the roof collapses. Ronson tries to push Shen out of harm’s way but, because he doesn’t know his own strength, smashes him into the wall by accident. Oops. One of the paramilitaries attacks Ronson and a fight begins. It is a bit ridiculous.A second laser blast sizzled in the air. Again, Bramford pivoted away, too fast for her eyes to trace. He leapt upon the nearest soldier and mashed him into a ball. With ease, he hurled the screaming man into the path of an oncoming laser. In a blur, Bramford ducked to evade the other two soldiers’ flares. He bounded towards them, crushing them with a single swipe of his arm.CHERYL: Can someone tell Ronson he’s over-egging the brulée a bit?I thought about giving this a Black Don’t Crack point, but since it’s a Black guy killing other Black guys perhaps it doesn’t count. Oooh... decisions!SITASPELL: So “Giant” and “Squeaky” – have I mentioned how much I hate those names? –CHERYL: I do too.SITASPELL: – back away like bitches. Jamal summons his best Shaft voice and tells them to “stay down”, becuase I guess they’re on the floor. You see, he’s gonna “neutralize Bram[dingo]” and he doesn’t want to lose such indispensable military assets as these two to the Negro Thundercat. Eden saw that Bramford would leave himself open to Giant and Squeaky, if he attacked Jamal. She had to help. She recalled that Aunt Emily said she felt as if the top of her head came off whenever she recognized poetry. Now, Eden felt a similar lift and knew what to do.CHERYL: Well, I’ve never seen a book reference Emily Dickinson in the fight scenes before. Unique in that sense, I suppose.EMILY DICKINSON IS NOT DOWN WITH THIS FUCKERY: 4Also, that first comma should not be there.GRAMMAR IS FOR POC: 27SITASPELL: Because these flames are composed of Fiendfyre from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, it doesn’t produce smoke that would make it hard to breathe or see. Good thing for Snow White, too, because she “spie[s] a burning timber shak[ing] loose from the roof” and swings a chair at it, which apparently causes it to fly across the room to Jamal and knock him the fuck out. I have no concept of how large or small this room is, or even what room we’re in right now, so I guess it’s possible. Anyway, letting go of a swinging a chair somehow knocks Snow White to the ground.A sick scream filled the air, followed by a laser blast. Eden raised her head to find Jamal lying on the floor covered in flames.Another gut-wrenching cry reached her, its familiar tone filling her with dread. Father!Scrambling to her feet, she saw him sprawled on the ground. He clutched his leg, a crimson stain spreading onto his lab coat.SITASPELL: …Who just shot that laser? Was it Jamal?How Eden’s father reached such a high position in Bramdingo’s lab I will never know, because he apparently cannot figure out how to exit a lab during a fire. Are there no emergency protocols for this? CHERYL: Don’t think much of the description here, I must say. It’s all either terribly underwhelming (“Jamal lying on the floor covered in flames”: doesn’t that bother her at all?) or a mass of clichés.Snip: Ronson growls at the FFP persons and they run away, finally showing some self-preservation instinct.Once more, Bramford’s penetrating gaze fell on Eden. Did she imagine it or did something in his eyes soften?Distracted by Shen’s loud moans, he turned to the devoted bodyguard, who struggled to stand. One arm h the dragon tattoo gone slack.That should be a comma, not a semicolon, and the statement that his tattoo has gone slack doesn’t make any sense. Tattoos are on skin, not muscle.GRAMMAR IS FOR POC: 27A look that puzzled Eden passed between them. Bramford pointed towards the exit, clearly ordering Shen to leave. Now she was sure the creature must have lost his human voice, although some reasoning appeared to be intact. Shen shook his head, refusing even now to abandon his boss. Bramford answered with a final roar, its cold authority strikingly similar to his old ways. Finally, Shen turned away.What was it, between those two, anyway?The answer is either “slash” or “commas”.GRAMMAR IS FOR POC: 29 (a double count)I like how she’s saying that only some reasoning is intact when he’s plainly trying to communicate.SITASPELL: Ugh, yes. And more of that “this is the way he always was and now he’s free to be the beast inside” bullshit. Something has apparently happened to Snow White’s Dear Old Dad, because he’s still bleeding on the floor, but what that something was has yet to be explained or even hinted at.Bramford leapt towards Eden’s father, who lay helpless on the floor. The beast’s emerald eyes burned feverishly, the nostrils flared. Eden gasped, afraid the blood that oozed from her father’s wound might incite Bramford to attack. Any predator would.SITASPELL: Go straight to hell. CHERYL: Any predator would ooze from her father’s wound?I have mixed feelings about this chapter. Most of the faults in the previous sections (the infodumps, the hyphens, etc) have gone, but they’ve been replaced by terrible grammar and punctuation.GRAMMAR IS FOR POC: 30WILDN’ OUT: 18Snip! Ronson carefully picks up Dr Newman (who, amusingly, is absolutely THRILLED about being transported by Pumaman) and carries him over to Eden.SITASPELL: Snow White is simply floored that Bramdingo is so careful with her dear father, as “not even Bram[dingo]’s former self was capable of such gentleness.” See? Negroes are better as beasts who can’t speak and are furry. Look how nice and gentle they are when they accept the truth. She stared up into his savage face, her mind a blank. To her amazement, Bramford spoke in a raspy growl, as terrifying as a tsunami, as thrilling as a rare bird in flight.“Come, Eden,” he said, holding out a sharp-clawed, leathery hand.He knew her, she realized with delight. Perhaps it was silly, but she felt special, as if a celebrity had recognized her. And she felt helplessly lost in the magnetic glow of his cat-like eyes.SITASPELL: CHERYL: OH GOD, IT’S FIFTY SHADES OF GREY. /o\ “He might kill me, but he’s a ~celebrity~!”SHORTY WANNA RIDE: 5Snip: Ronson shouts “What are you waiting for?” at Eden, who complains internally that she liked him a lot better when he kept his mouth shut. Thanks, Eden. She also calls him a “scary beast”. I think we might need a new count for the racist stuff now that Ronson’s a bloke/snake/eagle/jaguar thing... SITASPELL: KONG ALL ALONG? IT’S A JUNGLE IN HERE? THE COON FOR WHITE POON? THE DEVIL DARKIE INSIDE?CHERYL: No, wait, perhaps the context one is actually appropriate. The author is like, “Eden’s only afraid of him because he’s turned into a scary black monster!” but she already was anyway.SITASPELL: Aww.CONTEXT IS NOT EVERYTHING: 39WILDN’ OUT: 19Somehow, all of that has happened in one minute, because there are still thirty goddam seconds on the clock. Despite having collapsed the roof and burned several people alive, I guess all this Fiendfyre hasn’t damaged any of the electrical equipment in the walls, because the intercom is still counting down. Bramdingo sure must have invested a lot of money into this fire-proof self-destruct system!Anyway, Snow White has to look out for her idiot father who apparently isn’t a fully functioning adult capable of making rational decisions –
MERRY CHRISTMAS, CHARLIE SWAN: 9– so she decides to roll out with Bramdingo.She reached for Bramford’s hand, shocked once again by the electric feel of his touch. This time, there was no mistaking the reeling effect on her, despite the change in him. Or maybe because of it, she realized.CHERYL: O_o I don’t like the sound of the bestiality overtones...SHORTY WANNA RIDE: 6Something can’t have “a reeling effect”. It can make her reel, but that’s not the same thing.GRAMMAR IS FOR POC: 31SITASPELL: So Bramdingo…puts Snow White onto his shoulder somehow, and from the text it sounds like she’s sitting on it like a bird, but I can’t picture a human doing that. How big are his shoulders, exactly? Is one shoulder wide enough for Snow White’s entire ass to sit on comfortably? Maybe that harpy eagle DNA did make it into his genome – he must have one hell of a shoulder span. But then it says she “clung to his neck”, and I have no idea how she’s doing that if she’s sitting like a bird…Anyway, random “ fiery objects” are exploding everywhere and suddenly the tunnels have smoke in them. Funny how they didn’t a minute ago when Snow White was looking into Bramdingo’s eyes and whatnot.Ahead, she saw a wall of fire, blocking their path to the upper level. Good Earth, Bramford wasn’t going to stop. She screamed as he sprinted forward. The fire reached for them, but Bramford was too fast for it to catch hold. He seemed to have the power of ten jaguars.Eden laughed hysterically, as they burst through the blaze. [...] Bramford ran past the charred security gate and into the hangar, where his aircraft waited.YOUR SWEAR WORDS ARE STUPID: 16CHERYL: Er... shouldn’t her hair and her father’s clothes be on fire?LOGIC IS FOR POC: 30SITASPELL: And why is she laughing hysterically? Is this supposed to be shock, or something? Why is she suddenly in shock now? She’s been fine this whole time. Too bad we don’t have a cheese count – “the power of ten jaguars” would certainly be counted.As they run…outside to the helipad, I guess, Eden takes a moment to be more selfish and suggests that the Uni-Gov had faked this entire explosion in her Life-Band-Hulu-Livestream just to drive her mad. Poor thing. And it’s just the sort of thing they would do, too. EDEN IS PSYCHOTIC: 4CHERYL: The pilot realises the snake-beast-thing is Ronson and prepares for takeoff. Ronson loads Dr Newman into the plane. Eden can hear a military siren somewhere but suspects the Uni-Gov thing won’t be any nicer to her than the FFP will.Her father’s eyes begged her to join him. Happy at this meager sign of acceptance, she stepped in beside him when a horrible thought stopped her. Austin. She’d forgotten him in the chaos.Ronson tells the pilot to get the hell out of Dodge. Eden yells at him to open the door so she can run into the lab, but obviously, there is no time.A heart-stopping boom shook the skies. She watched the lab explode, and let out an anguished scream.“No! Austin!”SITASPELL: LMAO. This cheese is unfathomably deep. Did Foyt really just try to play the Old Yeller card?CHERYL: It’s not that I disapprove of Eden’s caring about her dog, but I’m exasperated that her compassion for others extends only as far as her immediate family circle. Her father and mother are important to her because they’re her parents. Her dog is important to her because he’s her friend. Everyone else’s parents and friends? The two test subjects she left tied up in Jamal’s office? Irrelevant!SIN THINE ASS OFF: 11SITASPELL: Snow White whines about how her life is over for a sentence or two, and then there’s this: If her life were a simple equation, like one plus one, it now yielded a negative number. SITASPELL: I…I just don’t even know, you guys. And then, inexplicably, Eden’s father explains what a dog is to Bramdingo, “as if he were a child”.(BRAMDINGO): Why, Yessuh, boss! I shole ‘nuff do understand nah!CONTEXT IS NOT EVERYTHING: 40Naturally, he uses the Latin term.LATIN LOVER: 9CHERYL: This section, with the flying through the air while your pet gets blown up, reminds me a bit too much of the start of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Also, it’s lucky for Austin he was a golden labrador and not a black one.Snip: Ronson is amazed Eden wanted to run back into the burning building for the sake of a dog. Eden says it was tight of him to leave Shen behind.He winced. “I expect he’ll be safe.”“He has a mate and a child, doesn’t he?”SITASPELL: Why do people in this world say “mate” instead of wife or husband? Are same-sex unions allowed?CHERYL: No mention of them.SITASPELL: Because if not, it kinda seems like Foyt is saying that if Negroes were to ever rule, there wouldn’t be any love or marriage. Just “mates.” You know, like animals. And she would never imply anything like that, would she?CONTEXT IS NOT EVERYTHING: 41 “Yes, for their sake, I made a choice. If the FFP thinks he’s only an employee they’ll leave him alone.”“Then who is he?”Bramford gave her a hard look then stared out the window. He seemed more upset about Shen’s future than his own.CHERYL: SLAAAAAAAAAASH! \o/SITASPELL: Yeah, that was pretty heavy handed. CHERYL: The anaconda man I linked to before says male anacondas often try to have sex with larger males by accident. Or, anyway, he says it’ perhaps they just like it. It would be mildly amusing if Dr Newman had accidentally fixed Ronson so he was only interested in other panthereagleacondamen.Eden tells herself Ronson can’t possibly care for Shen personally. (As a friend, the gay thing has sailed completely over her empty head.)Bramford couldn’ he was simply a more powerful, and yes, even exciting, version of the selfish man Eden loathed.“He can’t fool me, I just swoon every time he touches my hand.”SHORTY WANNA RIDE: 7Dr Newman thanks Ronson for rescuing them. Eden goes into an epic sulk and thinks to herself that Ronson hasn’t done
he’s only taking them along because he desperately needs Dr N to fix whatever went wrong with his genetic modification. (Amusingly, she says they are worth no more to him than Shen is, which logically ought to make them invaluable.)But what if her father failed? Then what would the wild beast do to them?CHERYL: Author: “I’m only calling him a wild beast because he’s a snake/jaguar/eagle hybrid, not because he’s a Black man!”Readers: Bollocks.CONTEXT IS NOT EVERYTHING: 42And thus the chapter ends.SITASPELL: *sigh*COUNTS:BACK TO THE FUTURE: 5 (unchanged)BEGINS WITH B: 11 (unchanged)BLACK DON’T CRACK: 7 (unchanged)CONTEXT IS NOT EVERYTHING: 42EDEN IS PSYCHOTIC: 4EMILY DICKINSON IS NOT DOWN WITH THIS FUCKERY: 4GRAMMAR IS FOR POC: 31HOW IS ANYONE STILL ALIVE?: 3 (unchanged)LATIN LOVER: 9LOGIC IS FOR POC: 30MELANIN MAKES YOU FAT: 7 (unchanged)MERRY CHRISTMAS, CHARLIE SWAN: 9MY DEAR, DEAR SNOW WHITE: 31READERS ARE NOT NAPPIES: 16 (unchanged)SHORTY WANNA RIDE: 7SIN THINE ASS OFF: 11SOD CONTEXT, THIS IS JUST PLAIN RACIST: 9TECHNO-HYPER-HOLO-IMAGES: 25THE --- WORM: 21 (unchanged) (yes!)WILDN’ OUT: 19YOUR SWEAR WORDS ARE STUPID: 16From:
Date:October 2nd,
()CHERYL: Eden, who’s not sure if Ronson retains his human morality, is afraid he might kill her father.Does Foyt actually think morality is a genetic thing?!She hated to think of how the FFP would cage and dissect him like a common lab rat, Rattus norvegicus.Somehow, the scientific name made that sentence kind of funny. "He was sexy like a panther, Panthera... hang on, is he the jaguar type or the leopard type?
Panthera sp.."She’s implying that this monster is somehow his “true self” and that his previous behavior was just a fa?ade – now that he’s had this comical operation, he no longer has to “pretend” to be civilized. What is this, Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde with panthereaglacondas, racism, bad genetics and all-around stupidity?Ah, the pack leader... of the animals that don't form packs.
He clutched his leg, a crimson stain spreading onto his lab coat. ...Isn't it standard sci-fi procedure to have laser/phaser wounds be immediately cauterized by the heat of the beam? Or is that just a movie trope to get past censorship? I don't remember seeing any phaser wounds bleed...
Now she was sure the creature must have lost his human voice, although some reasoning appeared to be intact. Some reasoning? As in the "surgery" (still not over it) "rewires" his brain? Then why did they think it was a good idea to turn people into panthereaglacondas? Was this just Panthereaglaconda 0.9 and they were still working on the whole "not turning into an animal mentally" thing?“Come, Eden,” he said, holding out a sharp-clawed, leathery hand.He. Grew. Claws. How do his nails change so quickly?() () From:
()CHERYL: Eden, who’s not sure if Ronson retains his human morality, is afraid he might kill her father.Does Foyt actually think morality is a genetic thing?!Sorry, I might have summarised that too concisely. Eden isn't sure whether Ronson can speak, or think, or anything.Wait until the middle the number of binomial names will explode. *Sigh*Ronson: "Follow me, everyone!"Jaguars, anacondas and harpy eagles: *Stalk/slither/fly slowly away*I suppose part of the building might have collapsed on top of Dr Newman and hurt his leg. It's probably best that Foyt hasn't been t that way she can't display her lack of medical knowledge.The procedure supposedly went wrong because of the lab's being too hot. Ronson wasn't meant to turn out like this, so there are a lot of unknown quantities.He grew hair down to his shoulders, too!() () () From:
()That's a relief.At this point, I'm fully expecting some of the names to be outdated or just plain wrong. (Not that there's too great a chance of finding out if they're outdated, according to my profs, if you don't have the most recent literature, because Wikipedia is run by aging teachers who don't catch up on recent developments. ...I think they just want to scare us away from Wiki as a source...)Well, heat can mess with / denature proteins and DNA. At least something that doesn't sound completely wrong. Although I'm a bit too tired to find a way that this could screw over his mind like it seems to, barring his brain being cooked. Right, the hair. ...I even raged about it last chapter, didn't I? I should just come back when I'm awake again, I guess.() () () From:
()Aaargh. It is so annoying to have spent ages learning this stuff in school and then find out it's worthless. Curse you, profs, for telling us Pluto was a planet!Spoiler: Ronson's mind is fine. In better shape than Eden's, quite frankly.Blimey, do I know that feeling!() () ()

我要回帖

更多关于 absinthe 的文章

随机推荐