when he came inacross an o...

大连二十中高二英语上学期期中试题(带答案)
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
大连二十中高二英语上学期期中试题(带答案)
作者:佚名 资料来源:网络 点击数: &&&
大连二十中高二英语上学期期中试题(带答案)
本资料为WORD文档,请点击下载地址下载
文章来源莲山 课件 w ww.5 YK J.COM 大连二十中高二英语上学期期中试题(带答案)
第一部分&& & (共两节, 满分30分) 第一节 (共5小题;每小题1.5分,满分7.5分)听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。1. Where does the conversation probably take place?A. At the railway station&&& &B. At the woman’s home& C. At the bus stop2. What telephone number is the man dialing?&& A. 2354154&&&& B. 2345145&& C. 24351453. What is Julia Brown?&& A. A singer&&& B. An actress&&&&& C. A lawyer4. What do we learn from the conversation?&& A. The woman is mad. & B. The man is angry with the woman.C. The man can’t forgive the woman.5. When will the woman go to see Professor Wang?&& A. At 3 pm on Wednesday. &&& B. At 4 pm on Thursday.& C. At 10 am on Friday 第二节 (共15小题;每小题1.5分,满分22.5分)听下面5段对话。每段对话后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话前,你将有时间各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话读两遍。听第6段材料,回答第6至8题。6. How much did the woman pay for the dress?A. $400.&&&&&&& B. $340.&&&&&&& C. $200.7. When will the woman get to Rome?A. On July 10th.&&&&&&&&& B. On July 11th. &&&& C. On July 12th.8. What does the woman want the man to do this weekend?A. To meet her at the airport&&&&& B. To see her off at the airport&C. To clean the house.听第7段材料,回答第9至11题。 9. When does the man need to turn right?A. When he reaches the City Council. &&&& B. When he reaches the traffic lights.&&&&& C. When he reaches the post office.10. What is the Peace Hotel like?A. It is a light green building.&&&& B. It is a six-storey building.&&& C. It’s a white building.11. What can we learn about the woman?A. She is young. && B. She is beautiful.&&&&&&& C. She is patient.听第8段材料,回答第12至14题。12. Why does the man visit the girl’s home?A. To explain why he didn’t answer the phone. & B. To talk about some matters with the girl’s father.&C. To ask the girl about her college study.13. What did Madhuri probably major in at college?A. Law.&&&&&&&&&&& B. Computer.&&&&&&&&& C. Medicine.14. When will the girl’s mother come back home?A. About 9 am&&&&&& B. About 8:30 pm&&&&& C. About 9 pm听第8段材料,回答第12至14题。15. When do the two speakers plan to move out of the apartment?A. This spring&&&&&&&&& B. In July&&&&&&& C. Before July16. Why doesn’t the man want to ask a company to help them find a house?A. Because he doesn’t want to pay more money.& &B. Because he can’t find a good company.&&&&&&&&&& C. Because his friends tell him not to do so.17. How do they decide to look for a house at last?A. Find a good company.&&&&& B. Put an ad in the newspaper.& C. Check the ads in the newspaper.听第10段材料,回答第18至20题。18. When was Michelle Obama born?A. On January 17th, 1964. && B. On January 23rd, 1964.&&& C. On January 20th , 1955.19. Where did Michelle meet Barack Obama?A. In the University of Chicago&&&&&&&&&&&& B. In a law firm in Chicago&C. In Harvard University Law School20. What is the most important thing for Michelle to do at present?A. To do public service well.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. To raise her two daughters.& C. To give her husband support.第二部分:阅读理解(共两节,满分40分)第一节(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)阅读下列短文,从每题的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A& Arriving in Sydney on his own from India, my husband, Rashid, stayed in a hotel for a short time while looking for a house for me and our children.&&& During the first week of his stay, he went out one day to do some shopping. He came back in the late afternoon to discover that his suitcase was gone. He was extremely worried as the suitcase had all his important papers, including his passport.&&& He reported the case to the police and then sat there, lost and lonely in a strange city, thinking of the terrible troubles of getting all the paperwork organized again from a distant country while trying to settle down in a new one. &&& Late in the evening, the phone rang. It was a stranger. He was trying to pronounce my husband’s name and was asking him a lot of questions. Then he said they had found a pile of papers in their trash can(垃圾桶)that had been left out on the footpath. &&& My husband rushed to their home to find a kind family holding all his papers and documents(文件). Their young daughter had gone to the trash can and found a pile of unfamiliar papers. Her parents had carefully sorted them out, although they had found mainly foreign addresses on most of the documents. At last they had seen a half-written letter in the pile in which my husband had given his new telephone number to a friend.That family not only restored the important documents to us that day but also restored our faith and trust in people. We still remember their kindness and often send a warm wish their way.21. What did Rashid plan to do after his arrival in Sydney?A. Go shopping&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Take his familyC. Join his family&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Find a house22. The girl’s parents got Rashid’s phone number from_______.A. a friend of his family&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. a Sydney policemanC. a letter in his papers&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. a stranger in Sydney23. What does the underlined word “restored” in the last paragraph mean?A. Showed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Gave back C. Delivered&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Sent out24. Which of the following can be the best title for the text?A. Turning Trash to Treasure..&&&&&&&&&&& B. Living in a New Country.C. From India to Australia&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. In Search of New Friends.
B&&&&& When I told my father that I was moving to Des Moines, Iowa, he told me about the only time he had been there. It was in the 1930s, when he was an editor of the literary magazine of Southern Methodist University(SMU)in Dallas, Texas. He also worked as a professor at SMU, and there was a girl student in his class who suffered from a serious back disease. She couldn’t afford the operation because her family was poor.&&&&& Her mother ran a boardinghouse in Galveston, a seaside town near Houston, Texas. She was cleaning out the attic(阁楼)one day when she came across an old dusty manuscript(手稿). On its top page were the words, “By O. Henry”. It was a nice story, and she sent it to her daughter at SMU, who showed it to my father. My father had never read the story before, but it sounded like O. Henry, and he knew that O. Henry had once lived in Houston. So it was possible that the famous author had gone to the beach and stayed in the Galveston boardinghouse, and had written the story there and left the manuscript behind by accident. My father visited an O. Henry expert at Columbia University in New York, who authenticated the story as O. Henry’s.&&&&& My father then set out to sell it. Eventually, he found himself in Des Moines, meeting with Gardner Cowles, a top editor at the Des Moines Register. Cowles loves the story and bought it on the spot. My father took the money to the girl. It was just enough for her to have the operation she so desperately needed.&&&&& My father never told me what the O. Henry story was about. But I doubt that it could have been better than his own story.25. Who found the O. Henry’s manuscript?A. The author.&&&&&& B. The author’s father.&&&&&&& C. The girl.&&& D.The girl’s mother& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 26. Which of the following might explain the fact that the manuscript was found in the attic?A. O. Henry once worked in Houston.&&&&&&&&& &B. O. Henry once stayed in Galveston.C. O. Henry once moved to Des Moines.&&&& &D. O. Henry once taught at SMU.27. The underlined word “authenticated” in Paragraph 2 probably means __________.A. named&&&&&&&&&& &B. treated&&&&&&&&&& &C. proved&&&&& D. described28. According to the text, why did the author’s father go to Des Moines?A. To meet the author himself.&&&&&&&& &B. To sell the O. Henry story.C. To talk with the O. Henry expert.&&&& &D. To give money to the girl.C&&&&& Why do Americans struggle with watching their weight, while the French, who consume rich food, continue to stay thin? Now a research by Cornell University suggests how life style and decisions about eating may affect weight. Researchers concluded that the French tend to stop eating when they feel full. However, Americans tend to stop when their plate is empty or their favorite TV show is over.&&&&& According to Dr. Joseph Mercola, a health expert, the French see eating as an important part of their life style. They enjoy food and therefore spend a fairly long time at the table, while Americans see eating as something to be squeezed between the other daily activities. Mercola believes Americans lose the ability to sense when they are actually full. So they keep eating long after the French would have stopped. In addition, he points out that Americans drive to huge supermarkets to buy canned and frozen foods for the week. The French, instead, tend to shop daily, walking to small shops and farmers’ markets where they have a choice of fresh fruits, vegetables, and eggs as well as high-quality meats for each meal.&&&&& After a visit to the United States, Mireille Guiliano, author of French Women Don’t Get Fat, decided to write about the importance of knowing when to stop rather than suggesting how to avoid food. Today she continues to stay slim and rarely goes to the gym.&&&&& In spite of all these differences, evidence shows that recent life style changes may be affecting French eating habits. Today the rate of obesity ― or& extreme overweight ― among adults is only 6%. However, as American fast food gains acceptance and the young reject older traditions, the obesity rate among French children has reached 17% ― and is growing.29. In what way are the French different from Americans according to Dr. Joseph Mercola?A. They go shopping at supermarkets more frequently.&&&&& B. They squeeze eating between the other daily activities.C. They usually eat too much canned and frozen food.D. They regard eating as a key part of their lifestyles.30. This text is mainly the relationship between _________.A. Americans and the French&&&&&&&&& &B. life style and obesityC. children and adults&&&&& & D. fast food and overweight31. The text is mainly developed __________.A. by space&&&&&&&&&&& B. by process&&&&& C. by contrast&&&& D. by classification32. Where does this text probably come from?A. A TV interview&&& B. A food advertisement&&& C. A book review& D. A health report& DThe Healthy Habits Survey(调查)shows that only about one third of American seniors have correct habits. Here are some findings and expert advice.1. How many times did you brush your teeth yesterday?•Finding:A full 33% of seniors brush their teeth only once a day.•Step:Remove the 300 types of bacteria in your mouth each morning with a battery-operated toothbrush. Brush gently for 2 minutes, at least twice a day.2.How many times did you wash your hands or bathe yesterday?•Finding:Seniors, on average, bathe fewer than 3 days a week. And nearly 30%wash their hands only 4 times a day―half of the number doctors recommend.•Step:We touch our faces around 3,000 times a day―often inviting germs(病菌)to enter our mouth, nose, and eyes. Use toilet paper to avoid touching the door handle. And, most important, wash your hands often with hot running water and soap for 20 seconds.3. How often do you think about fighting germs?•Finding:Seniors are not fighting germs as well as they should.•Step:Be aware of germs. Do you know it is not your toilet but your kitchen sponge(海绵)that can carry more germs than anything else? To kill these germs, keep your sponge in the microwave for 10 seconds.33. What is found out American seniors?A. About one third of them brush their teeth only once a day.B. Nearly 30%of them bathe three days a week .C. All of them are fighting germs better than expected .D. Most of them have good habits.34. Doctors suggest that people should wash their hands .A. twice a day&&& B. three times a day&&& C. eight times a day&&& D. four times a day 35.Which of the following is true according to the text ?A. We should keep from touching our faces .B. A kitchen sponge can carry more germs than a toilet.C. There are less than 300 types of bacteria in the mouth . D. We should wash our hands before touching a door handle .&& 第二节(共5小题;每小题2分,满分10分)根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答案卡71―75将该项涂黑。选项中有两项为多余项。&&&&&&&&& Five Ways to Build Self-Confidence*Walk Faster&&&& One of the easiest ways to tell how a person feels about herself is to examine her walk. People with confidence walk quickly. They have places to go, people to see, or important work to do. Even if you aren’t in a hurry, you can increase your self-confidence by putting some energy in your step.&&& 36&& *&&&& 37&& &&& One of the best ways to build confidence is listening to an inspiring speech. Unluckily, opportunities to listen to a great speaker are few. You can fill this need by creating a personal commercial. Write a 30-60 second speech that focuses on your strengths and goals. Then recite it in front of the mirror aloud whenever you need a confidence push.* Sit in the Front Row&& In schools, offices and some other public places, people always sit at the back of the room.&&&& 38&& . This reflects a lack of self-confidence. By deciding to sit in the front row, you can get over this meaningless fear and build your self-confidence* Speak Up&&& During group discussions many people never express their opinions because they’re afraid that people will judge them for their saying something stupid& 39& . By making an effort to express your opinions at least once in every group discussion, you will become a better public speaker, more confident in your own thoughts and recognized as a leader by your peers(同龄人)* Work Out &&& Along the same lines as personal appearance, physical fitness has a huge effect on self-confidence.&& 40&&& By making your body fit and strong. You improve your physical appearance, refresh yourself, and accomplish something positive. A.&Listen to an Inspiring SpeechB.&Create a Personal SpeechC.&In fact most people feel good after a walk.D.&Most people prefer that because they are afraid of being noticed.E.&In fact most people are dealing with the same fear. F.&Walking 25% faster will make you look and feel more important.G.&If you’re out of shape, you’ll feel insecure, unattractive, and less energetic.第三部分&& 语言知识运用&&&&& (共两节,满分45分)第一节 完形(共 20 小题;每小题 1.5 分,共 30 分)阅读下面短文, 掌握其大意,从每题所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上讲该项 涂黑。The Fitting-in of Suzy Khan&&&& The first time I saw Suzy Khan, I knew I had to help her. She was really small for her age of 12. The boy in my class often&&& 41&& about her and laughed their heads off. She would open a book, pretending to read, with tears dropping on the open page. &&&& All I knew was that she was an orphan (孤儿) from Africa. She had just been adopted by a family in town who&&& 42&& that the best way for her to learn American ways of life was to be with American kids. I looked down at this&&& 43&& girl and promised myself that somehow I would help her.&&&& But how could I help her&&& 44&&& in with us? There had to be a&&& 45&& .&&&& One day, when I went into the classroom, I saw that Suzy had&&& 46&&&& her geography book to a picture of a train, and in her notebook, she had made a(n)&&&& 47&&& copy. &&&&& I was surprised and thought that she could do something in the coming&&& 48&& show. So, I took her to see the art teacher, Miss Parker, and showed her what Suzy had&&& 49&& . “why, it’s wonderful,” said Miss Parker, who then showed us a poster she had painted&&& 50&& the talent show. “I need more of these, but I just don’t have enough&&& 51&&& . Could you help me, Suzy?”&&&& On the day of the talent show, Suzy’s&&&&& 52&&& were everywhere ――all over the hall and all over the school, each one different.&&&& “And finally,” said Mr. Brown, the schoolmaster, at the end of the show, “we have a (n)& 53 award. I’m sure you’ve all noticed the wonderful posters.” Everyone nodded. “One of our own students&&&& 54&&& them.”&&&&& I could hear everyone whispering. “Who in our school could draw&&& 55&& well?”&&&&& Mr. Brown waited a while before saying, “&&& 56&&& this student worked so hard on the posters, she deserves a&&&&& 57&&& , too. Our mystery(神秘) artist is our new student ---- Suzy Khan!”&&&&& Mr. Brown thanked her for all the wonderful posters and gave her a professional artist’s set. “Thank you,” she cried.&&&&& I&&&& 58&&& , at that time when I was looking at her excited face, she’d probably never&&& 59&&& anything in her whole life.&&&&& Everyone started to&&&& 60&&& their hands. Suzy Khan gave them a shy smile and the applause was deafening. I knew then Suzy was going to be all right.41. A. joked&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. cared&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. trained&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. worried42. A. reported&&&&&&&&& B. complained&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. decided&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. questioned43. A. rich&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. tiny&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. proud&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. popular44. A. come&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B fall&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. fit&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. tie45. A. manner&&&&&&&&&& B. pattern&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. choice&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. way46. A. read&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. opened&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. taken&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. put47. A. free&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. extra&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. final&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. perfect48.A. art&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. talk&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. talent&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. quiz49. A. colored&&&&&&&& B. written&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. carved&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. drawn50. A. at&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. after&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. for&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. around51. A. room&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. time&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. paper&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. interest52. A. gifts&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. books&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. posters&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. photos 53. A. special&&&&&&&&&& B. academic&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. national&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. royal54. A. printed&&&&&&&&& B. found&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. painted&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. collected55. A. very&&&&&&&&&&&& B. that&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. quite&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. too56. A. If&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Though&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. Unless&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Since57. A. rank&&&&&&&&&&&& B. prize&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. rest&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. place58. A. replied&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.& remembered&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. realized&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. regretted59. A. offered&&&&&&&&& B. valued&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. controlled&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. owned&&& 60. A. clap&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. wave&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. raise&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. shake&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 第二卷第三部分&&& 语言知识运用&&& (共两节,满分45分)第二节(共10小题;每小题1.5分,满分15分)&& 阅读下面材料,在空白处填入适当的内容(不多于3个单词)或括号内单词的正确形式。注意:答案写在答题卷上。&& The weather is getting hotter. Having taken exercise, we will become much&& 61 (thirsty). A cold drink may be just& 62& thing. But most of us are never concerned about what we drink. There are plenty of “energy drinks” on the market. Most of them have an attractive color or cool name. Something that looks cool may be harmful to our&&&& 63&& (safe). && 64& a careful check, we may find that most energy drinks have lots of caffeine(咖啡因) in them,& 65& (typical) aimed at young people, students, busy people and sports players. Makers sometimes say& 66&& drinks make us better at sports and can keep us awake.& 67& be careful not to drink too much.&& Research by Australian scientists found caffeine makes our heart beat fast, which in most energy drinks is at least as strong as& 68& in a cup of coffee or tea and that many teenagers& 69& (affect) by caffeine. There are possible health risks connected with energy drinks. Just one can of energy drink can make us nervous,& 70& (cause) heart attacks. So why not stop drinking it right now?第四部分&&& 写作&&& (共两节,满分35分)第一节& 短文改错&& (共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改,请你修改你同桌写的以下。文中共有10处语言错误,每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(^),并在其下面写出该加的词。删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。注意:1. 每处错误及其修改均仅限一词; 2. 只允许修改10处,多者(从第1处起)不计分。&& Hello, boys and girls! Today, I am going to talk with what you should do when a fire alarm go off. If you hear the alarm, stand in line at the door and wait your teacher to lead you outside. Stay close to your teacher and classmate. Don’t panic or get out of line, and trying to remain quiet and calmly. Soon the firefighters will come and put out a fire. If it’s a false alarm and there is no fire, your teacher will lead us back to the classroom. If you notice that when someone is missing and hurt, tell your teacher immediately.
答题卷61._________&& 62._________& 63._________& 64._________& 65._________
66._________&&& 67._________& 68._________& 69._________& 70._________
Hello, boys and girls! Today, I am going to talk with what you should do when a fire alarm go off. If
you hear the alarm, stand in line at the door and wait your teacher to lead you outside. Stay close to
your teacher and classmate. Don’t panic or get out of line, and trying to remain quiet and calmly. Soon
the firefighters will come and put out a fire. If it’s a false alarm and there is no fire, your teacher will
lead us back to the classroom. If you notice that when someone is missing and hurt, tell your teacher immediately.第二节&& 书面表达(满分25分)假定你是李华,你的朋友Jack 在第二十六届英语演讲比赛中取得第一名的好成绩,你给他写信祝贺。要点包括:1.得知他取得英语演讲比赛中第一名的好成,你表示祝贺;&&&&&&&&& 2.对他获奖一事的看法和认识; &&&&&&&&& 3.希望与他共进晚餐以示庆祝。注意:1.词数100左右;&& 2.可适当增加细节,以使行文连贯。Dear Jack,________________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________________
61. more thirsty&&&&&&&& 62. the&&&&&&& 63. safety&&&&&&&& 64.After&&&&&&&&& 65.typically&& &66.their&&&&&&&&&&&&& 67.But&&&&&&&& 68. that&&&&&&&&& 69.are affected&&&&& 70. causing
改错:1. talk with---talk about&&&& 2. go―goes&&& 3. wait 后加for&& 4. classmate―classmates5. trying―try&&&& 6. calmly―calm&& 7. a fire―the fire&&& 8.us―you&& 9. 删去when &10. and--or书面表达:Dear Jack,&& I have learned with great delight that you have won the championship of the 26th English Speech Contest. I would like to express my congratulations to you on your success. I feel very proud of you. And it’s really good news to your family and teachers.&
&文章来源莲山 课件 w ww.5 YK J.COM
上一个试题: 下一个试题:
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

我要回帖

更多关于 when he came in 的文章

随机推荐