How to accept to doan in...

LESSON 45: &&&&&HOW TO ACCEPT AN INVITATION?& 怎样接受邀请?I. USEFUL EXPRESSIONS <font color="#. How to start your letter? <font color="#] Thanks for the invitation, and I am delighted to take part in the discussion on Web security. <font color="#] I gladly accept your invitation to speak at the upcoming Health Care Seminar. <font color="#] I appreciate your invitation to the product presentation on December 15. <font color="#] Our firm is very interested in equipment for wireless communications, and I would like to see what you have to offer. <font color="#. How to end your letter? <font color="#] Thank you again for the invitation. See you on the 15th! <font color="#] Thanks again for the invitation, and I look forward to meeting you at the auto exhibition. II. SAMPLE Sample 1. Dear ___________: Thank you for your invitation to the presentation of your new digital audio-visual systems. Our firm is very interested in your new models, and I would like to see how the new features work. I look forward to meeting you at the ________ Exhibition Center on ___________[date]. Thanks again for inviting us. Sincerely yours, ____________[name]____________[title] Sample 2. Dear ____________: Thank you for your invitation. I am delighted to participate in your seminar on June 10. Could you please make arrangements for a projector and a video machine? I will also prepare some handouts and will send them to your attention by May 31. I look forward to seeing you at the seminar. Sincerely yours, ____________[name]____________[title] III. TIPS <font color="#. Thank the recipient for inviting you. <font color="#. Say that you are delighted to accept the invitation.<font color="#. Confirm the date and other details about the meeting or visit.<font color="#. Ask for more information if you need.<font color="#. Express your appreciation again at the end of the letter. IV. EXERCISE: WORDS, PHRASES AND SENTENCE PATTERNS Fill in the blanks with words chosen from the list below. Add capitalization when necessary:distinguished, highlight, delighted, then, for, from, seeing, on, understand, opportunity Dear ___________: &Thank you for your invitation to speak at the Seminar of Quality Control in Software Industry. I am (1) to have an (2) to speak to such a (3) audience. I (4) my speech will be at 2:30 p.m. on October 2. I will speak (5) the topic &The Internet and the Open Source Movement.& I will speak (6) 45 minutes and (7) answer questions (8) the audience. There will also be handouts and slides to (9) the major points. I look forward to (10) you at the seminar! Thanks again for invitation. Yours sincerely, ___________[name]___________[title] V. UPGRADING YOUR ENGLISH Here are some simple exercises that help you practice with authentic &online& English. <font color="#. Choose a word or phrase that fits the sentence: <font color="#] The company is considering selling its Internet-access business to CSP Corp. ______ $1 billion in CSP stock.(A) for exchange with &&&(B) in exchange with &&(C) for exchange to &&&&(D) in exchange for <font color="#] Unidentified hackers corrupted a widely used program at a major software distribution center ______ gaining entry to computer systems around the world.(A) hoping to &&(B) hoping of &&(C) in hopes of &&(D) with hopes at <font color="#] More than $211 million -- the largest amount of funding issued _____ -- will go to schools and libraries to help pay for connections to the Internet.(A) to now &&(B) to present &&(C) to day &(D) to date <font color="#] High-tech leaders reported better than expected profits yesterday -- a clear sign of the industry's ______ well-being.(A) sustained &&&(B) reserved &&(C) lengthened &(D) preserved <font color="#] When I'm travelling abroad on business, I often look for a hotel with excellent facilities. But I don't want to look like a _____ snob. (A) pretended &&(B) pretentious &&(C) potential &(D) portentous <font color="#] Consumer privacy advocates will announce a _____ of all products from the company until it agrees to disable new technology in its computer chips that helps identify consumers across the Internet. (A) ban &&(B) prohibition &&(C) boycott &(D) crackdown <font color="#] The country has lifted its state monopoly on Internet services, but there are still many _____ preventing an immediate explosion of cyber activity. (A) barricades &&&(B) blocks &&(C) obstacles &&(D) options <font color="#] The company will ______ 10,000 jobs over the next two years, due to rapid technological developments and to new ways of working.(A) dismiss &&&(B) demobilize &&(C) liquidate &&(D) eliminate <font color="#. Click on a choice that best explains the highlighted word or phrase in the sentence: <font color="#] The company announced a joint venture with a European partner. It may go public later this year. The phrase &go public& means: (A) be announced to the public &&&&&(B) become a public company (C) be approved by the government &&&&(D) be widely known <font color="#] An American music publishers' group has filed a criminal complaint against the proprietor of a Swiss Web site that boasts the world's biggest collection of pop-music lyrics. The word &boasts& means: (A) expands &&(B) talks proudly about &&(C) has &&(D) lies about <font color="#] The community-based Web development firm hit the jackpot after signing a deal with SYS Inc. to collaborate on a web site for fans of SYS properties. The phrase &hit the jackpot& means: (A) faced a big obstacle &&(B) had a big success &&(C) won big fame &&(D) was greatly disappointed <font color="#] The computer scientist is building a millennium clock -- a monumental device that ticks annually, chimes every thousand years and keeps accurate time for 10,000 years. The phrase &a monumental device& means: (A) a device that is unusually big &&&&&&(B) a clock of excellent quality (C) a clock that is very advanced in technology &&&(D) a device that is exceptional as a clock<font color="#] The world's biggest chip-maker declared a 2-for-1 stock split in a move expected to ignite a fresh rally among technology stocks.The phrase &ignite a fresh rally& means: (A) start a renewal of strength &&&&&(B) produce an explosive response (C) caused a great amount of hustle &&&&(D) start another chaotic period <font color="#] Temporary workers claimed victory as the company backed off a controversial contract that gave temporary workers a tough choice: waive rights to benefits or lose their jobs.The phrase &backed off& means: (A) gave strong support to &&&&(B) gave up its original position in (C) desperately attempt to defend &&&&(D) stubbornly refused to abandon <font color="#] Workers at all eight assembly lines walked off the job Tuesday in protest against the pending acquisition of the company by Hyundai Electronics Industries. The phrase &pending acquisition& means: (A) acquisition that had already begun &&&&(B) acquisition that had been postponed (C) acquisition that people were talking about &&(D) acquisition that was about to take place <font color="#] To create a successful Web site, we need strong content, regular turnover of information, snappy design that loads quickly.The phrase &snappy design& means: (A) powerful &&&(B) quick in action &&(C) easy to use &&(D) very convenient <font color="#] The government predicts that rapid growth in computer-related businesses should keep the U.S. economic expansion alive despite spillover from far-flung slumps in Asia. The phrase &far-flung& means: (A) whose influence will last for a long time &&(B) having continued for a long time (C) spreading out over a very large area &&&&(D) started in a place far away <font color="#] A global hacking assault on the company's InfoService Web Site has forced the company to pull the plug on the Web server which supported it. The phrase &pull the plug on ...& means: (A) to stop the project &&&(B) to approve the project (C) to continue the project &&&(D) to start the project VI. SOMETHING FOR NOTHING&& GOODIES & GIFTS A Ready-Made Letter for YouThe following Letter of Introduction will be useful to you when you need to send one of your managers to visit a company or organization: Dear ___________: The bearer of this letter is Mr./Ms. ___________, our Sales Manager, who is visiting ______[city] on our behalf to investigate possibilities of exporting our products to _________[country]. I am grateful for your letter of _________[date] in which you offered to help our sales manager. I will appreciate any assistance you can give during his visit to your city. Yours sincerely, ____________[name]____________[title]
平凡的水果世界,平凡中的不平凡。 今朝看水果是水果 ,看水果还是水果 ,看水果已不是水果。这境界,谁人可比?在不平凡的水果世界里,仁者见仁,智者见智。
正月是农历新年的开始,人们往往将它看作是新的一年年运好坏的兆示期。所以,过年的时候“禁忌”特别多。当然,各个地方的风俗习惯不一样,过年的禁忌也是不一样的。
庞凤山情感处方
请注意使用文明用语
画报点击数0
文章点击数0How to Accept an Insult?
Uploaded on Wed, 06 Mar :04 +0000
Write Your Comment
Suggestions
4 years ago
4 years ago
1 years ago
10 months ago
2 years ago
1 years ago
6 months ago
3 years ago
4 years ago
5 months ago
1 years ago
1 years ago
1 years ago
5 months ago
6 months ago
1 years ago
4 years ago
3 years ago
4 years ago
1 years ago
4 months ago
9 months ago
11 months ago
4 years ago
3 years ago
2 years ago
4 months ago
2 years ago
6 months ago
1 years ago
2 months ago
1 years ago
1 years ago
1 years ago
10 months ago
3 years ago
7 months ago
2 years ago
3 years ago
1 years ago
3 years ago
3 years ago
3 years ago
3 years ago
10276 viewsr - How to get forestplot to accept an expression in row label? - Cross Validated
to customize your list.
Cross Validated is a question and answer site for people interested in statistics, machine learning, data analysis, data mining, and data visualization. J it only takes a minute:
Here&#39;s how it works:
Anybody can ask a question
Anybody can answer
The best answers are voted up and rise to the top
I'm struggling getting a greater than sign (>=) into a forestplot. The expression should embedded in some kind of matrix. This should be simple and straight forward but I just can't find the right formula, here's my debug code:
library(rmeta)
row_names &- matrix(list("variable a", expression(test &= 2)))
test_data &- data.frame(coef=c(1.59, 1.24),
low=c(1.3, 0.99),
high=c(1.94, 1.55))
forestplot(row_names, test_data$coef, test_data$low, test_data$high, zero = 1)
I've created a forestplot function that can handle complex labels and other. It is included in my package
and you can find a tutorial to the forestplot2 function .
To generate the plot from my original question all you need to do is load the package and run this code:
library(Gmisc)
row_names &- list(list("Variable = 1", expression(Variable &= 2)))
test_data &- data.frame(coef=c(1.59, 1.24),
low=c(1.3, 0.74),
high=c(1.94, 1.74))
forestplot2(labeltext=row_names,
mean=test_data$coef,
lower=test_data$low,
upper=test_data$high,
col=fpColors(line="darkblue", box="royalblue"),
new_page=TRUE)
This gives the following plot:
Your Answer
Post as a guest