上传于||暂无简介
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用1下载券
想免费下载本文?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩3页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢阅读理解。
In only two decades Asian Americans have become the fastest- growing US minority. As their children began moving up through the nation's schools, it became clear that a new kind of culture was coming out. Their achievements are made in the nation's best universities, where mathematics, science and engineering departments have taken on a decidedly Asian character. This special liking for mathematics and science ispartly explained by the fact that Asian-American students who began their education abroad arrived in theUS with a solid grounding in mathematics but little or no knowledge of English. They are also influenced by the promise of a good job after college. Asians feel there will be less unfair treatment in areas like mathematicsand science because they will be judged more objectively (客观). And the money spent on education is moreimmediately returned in something like engineering than with an arts degree.
Most Asian-American students owe their success to the influence of parents who are determined that their children should take full advantage of what the American educational system has to offer. An effective measureof parental attention is homework. Asian parents spend more time with their children than American parentsdo, and it helps. Many researchers also believe there is something in Asian culture, such as family value, the importance of education and so on that lead to their success.
Both explanations for academic success worry Asian Americans because of fears that they could cause the native Americans' unhappiness. Many can remember when Chinese, Japanese and Filipino immigrants (移民) were unequally treated because of social separation. Indeed, it was not until 1952 that laws were laid downgiving all Asian immigrants the right to citizenship. 1. Few Asian-American students major in human sciences mainly because _____. A. they are afraid they might meet with unfair judgment in these areas B. there is a wide difference between Asian and Western culturesC. they know little about American cultures and Western cultures D. their English is not good enough 2. Asian-Americans prefer something like engineering to an arts degree because _____. A. people majoring in engineering are respected B. people with an arts degree are looked down upon C. they can't find a job with an arts degree D. they can earn more money after graduation 3. While making great achievements at college, Asian-American students _____. A. are afraid that their.academic successes take on a strong Asian character B. still worry about unfair treatment in societyC. generally feel it a shame to have to depend on their parentsD. feel they are mistreated because of limited knowledge of English 4. According to the passage, the major factors determining the success of Asian-Americans are _____.A. Asian culture and the American educational systemB. Asian culture and a solid base in basic mathematics C. hard work and parental help D. hard work and a limited knowledge of English
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:阅读理解。
In only two decades Asian Americans have become the fastest- growing US minority. As their children began moving up through the nation's schools, it became clear that a new kind of culture was coming out. Their achievements are made in the nation's best universities, where mathematics, science and engineering departments have taken on a decidedly Asian character. This special liking for mathematics and science ispartly explained by the fact that Asian-American students who began their education abroad arrived in theUS with a solid grounding in mathematics but little or no knowledge of English. They are also influenced by the promise of a good job after college. Asians feel there will be less unfair treatment in areas like mathematicsand science because they will be judged more objectively (客观). And the money spent on education is moreimmediately returned in something like engineering than with an arts degree.
Most Asian-American students owe their success to the influence of parents who are determined that their children should take full advantage of what the American educational system has to offer. An effective measureof parental attention is homework. Asian parents spend more time with their children than American parentsdo, and it helps. Many researchers also believe there is something in Asian culture, such as family value, the importance of education and so on that lead to their success.
Both explanations for academic success worry Asian Americans because of fears that they could cause the native Americans' unhappiness. Many can remember when Chinese, Japanese and Filipino immigrants (移民) were unequally treated because of social separation. Indeed, it was not until 1952 that laws were laid downgiving all Asian immigrants the right to citizenship. 1. Few Asian-American students major in human sciences mainly because _____. A. they are afraid they might meet with unfair judgment in these areas B. there is a wide difference between Asian and Western culturesC. they know little about American cultures and Western cultures D. their English is not good enough 2. Asian-Americans prefer something like engineering to an arts degree because _____. A. people majoring in engineering are respected B. people with an arts degree are looked down upon C. they can't find a job with an arts degree D. they can earn more money after graduation 3. While making great achievements at college, Asian-American students _____. A. are afraid that their.academic successes take on a strong Asian character B. still worry about unfair treatment in societyC. generally feel it a shame to have to depend on their parentsD. feel they are mistreated because of limited knowledge of English 4. According to the passage, the major factors determining the success of Asian-Americans are _____.A. Asian culture and the American educational systemB. Asian culture and a solid base in basic mathematics C. hard work and parental help D. hard work and a limited knowledge of English 阅读理解。
Both explanations for academic success worry Asian Americans because of fears that they could cause the native Americans' unhappiness. Many can remember when Chinese, Japanese and Filipino immigrants (移民) were unequally treated because of social separation. Indeed, it was not until 1952 that laws were laid downgiving all Asian immigrants the right to citizenship. 1. Few Asian-American students major in human sciences mainly because _____. A. they are afraid they might meet with unfair judgment in these areas B. there is a wide difference between Asian and Western culturesC. they know little about American cultures and Western cultures D. their English is not good enough 2. Asian-Americans prefer something like engineering to an arts degree because _____. A. people majoring in engineering are respected B. people with an arts degree are looked down upon C. they can't find a job with an arts degree D. they can earn more money after graduation 3. While making great achievements at college, Asian-American students _____. A. are afraid that their.academic successes take on a strong Asian character B. still worry about unfair treatment in societyC. generally feel it a shame to have to depend on their parentsD. feel they are mistreated because of limited knowledge of English 4. According to the passage, the major factors determining the success of Asian-Americans are _____.A. Asian culture and the American educational systemB. Asian culture and a solid base in basic mathematics C. hard work and parental help D. hard work and a limited knowledge of English 科目:最佳答案1-4: A D B A 解析
知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心It was 4 o’ clock in the morning when I received the phone call.“This is the emergency room calling and your son was just
in with severe burns on his face, neck and arms. We have called for a (n)
and are going to fly him to the burn unit in Seattle.” Seattle was 350 miles from his college, so we knew immediately this was
.The doctor described the
, which caused the burns. Our son and his friends decided to barbecue hamburgers in the courtyard of their apartment. When they
the charcoal(木炭), it burst into flames because they had sprayed too much gasoline(petrol). The flames
my son’s shirt tail(下摆) and shot from his waist to well over his head.
, one of the boys was quick-minded, grasped(抓住) my son, and
him on the grass. While it saved his life, it was not in
to save him from severe burns and the terrible scars(伤疤).After he
from the treatments, the doctors told him they would not do plastic surgery(整容) for 6 months
it takes that long for the skin to stop shrinking(缩水) and wrinkling(起皱). So, he had to return to college with scars typical of severe burns. When I was a child, my mother told my sister, who had a 10-inch, very
scar on her arm, “Nancy, if you ignore the scar, other people will ignore it. It does not mean they will not
it, but it means it will not matter to them if it doesn’t matter to you.”I
this wisdom on to my son. He took my advice to his
and returned to school with his head held high —— glad he was alive.By the end of the six-month waiting period, he decided that the scars did not
, so he made the
to give up any plastic surgery.We all have “scars” that we believe
people to keep away from us. And we spend a lot of time thinking that if only we looked differently, or dressed differently, people would like us better.But you see, people will only judge you by your looks, or your clothes, if you are judging yourself by these same
standards. Put your imperfections out of your mind and concentrate on what you value
yourself, and your beauty will shine through.【小题1】4 D% f. O2 a
K5 _; D9 Z A.brought8 S9 E& b& T! h) D B.given1 I2 M; Z& d# i% K C.turned4 @# I* D6 U4 j! U, J. g0 @ D.showed4 [; D& O; E9 _7 ]1 Z( V- R
c) @ 【小题2】+ H- R6 I# E8 \' N) [7 f& i A.doctor3 C$ c" M/ c& L0 ]1 L B.hospital+ @: O4 J5 d" D6 O2 c" N C.aircraft+ S" Q% C! R/ e D.ambulance! Y" B8 ?6 [3 N$ P3 f $ X& _, X# H# O) I* c( c9 Q) [* F 【小题3】; D' b. Z9 B! h8 a0 \ A.serious3 [$ H! @
T2 a) _ B.terrible- f4 a" G8 _% i) f8 f1 _. W5 Z C.dangerous& J+ h
P* h4 V1 G. ?3 _! R# c
b D.important1 ?! _( X# L; c: N# ^# N 9 ]2 Q4 ?- N* D2 \ 【小题4】3 G, C4 Z& g1 W. ]! G5 W+ N A.event1 K0 L. J1 U4 O! M( b7 M B.process6 `: f: _3 ]9 b- @ C.reason3 ?" Y: b! @! Y' `3 S$ c1 ^! L; B D.accident1 T. ?( X1 d+ d1 K 9 P3 @6 Y( I& W 【小题5】. E6 g
a3 P0 \1 \3 a. O1 ? A.got7 C; T: O. ?6 H. ?( e8 Q B.lit2 g: `; j& ^+ B' U# P, Q C.burned) C$ d2 T( \& G# L# N
[+ P: P D.moved/ c7 _- b* E) @$ _: Y+ ` . I) `+ h0 \9 R 【小题6】9 ?0 ^; a5 M" I. @; ^ A.took3 X) b4 B; R0 G2 C0 U# S B.held' M9 I, ?9 Y9 Y! H
g C.caught5 ?, a: f2 L' ]5 X4 P- M2 j- I
W D.attracted( E: B. ]* O3 M/ X! K5 M- Q 6 h) Y4 A! U2 L: O5 [ 【小题7】8 @6 @0 Y! G* M) ^4 b A.Fortunately5 d: P; @' f7 g6 O B.Surprisingly7 d1 P( `$ A3 a- g8 N% I C.Happily) O" Q; b8 a3 j# T/ Q# D# K% J D.Slowly- ^# d# B' Y* Z- T6 X$ W3 B 1 K* c4 Y. K8 K% C! h% S% O 【小题8】" `6 S$ B, G: W! X8 Z, b3 ] A.pushed. I1 _4 d4 J8 ?' @ B.threw- E' G, L, O! Q C.dropped4 j: H' \5 @4 j
V# B2 b D.rolled! \' G( E9 e, _' N1 K/ b$ V ) i+ B& Z; B/ ?' E& C 【小题9】& E% M; T6 d) C A.shape# a% E) d% ]* c1 ]2 S B.place( L9 W( T0 \
?" \ C.fact: a2 S1 H) a9 Q5 J5 F D.time4 C/ Q# ^3 e* h* K+ ` $ I$ E, h7 _3 ]" g' S
M 【小题10】7 G& h! F3 j! W7 M( S6 S( _ A.benefited0 h$ B, j5 h- K8 j) i. E' G! G B.recovered- Q3 E; e/ N" E8 K' K C.suffered' g% E8 Y9 d2 [$ F D.relaxed! Q* ]$ \# a1 D; E, [ ; X6 `4 K0 U. F+ F8 T+ _ 【小题11】- H
^: b9 W) b$ j* P7 C& ` A.if! K5 ^6 f4 j! j2 Y0 H& T- j* M# H; C B.while( e. N$ C% e$ i4 W
^ C.because5 G8 e2 a+ [% e5 d9 f/ Z D.although1 R3 U4 N' I; d# T, e: C - N: L# A" Q$ h+ V 【小题12】9 M5 ^+ R( O% i9 h) O* i0 g A.normal3 K* V0 N% K) \7 P; J! W B.violent9 _% J. G( b9 D- `% Z# I# P: J C.obvious9 i$ ^* Z) U: j0 [ D.popular$ a
c# d+ d: ] 6 R: ^: i2 T, Z( _$ R 【小题13】( H8 U/ _/ N# c& N# N# S A.mention( I0 I8 H% ?+ D# K1 M$ A6 B B.notice8 E+ g) I- \: a& _1 Q C.laugh" ^: Q. H5 I4 I, Y6 T D.hide# [0 [- R# _/ X # S7 D% N
B1 d. D: h1 P1 C
i% L 【小题14】7 U7 \* g
j, U' Y/ _! [8 E4 _ A.sent! b1 Q4 E' P" Z8 ^( L! K B.kept4 N3 g) S; i- W& C! ` C.handed0 F% L, d, U2 G2 \/ ` D.passed9 S, Y, T7 a* c4 d2 i1 `8 g / M+ H* @0 g" M% L2 c, X! `+ F 【小题15】/ d6 I: e4 a+ U/ f1 F7 c A.heart3 a( ^9 a7 H3 Q$ [; H" N1 d& H B.life3 U/ f/ e3 H7 L2 @6 D% i5 R C.practice% e) J) T* `; B- L: M( N D.consideration: i. ?2 G
d) h+ Z! [+ T' d 6 S% I' j' [* b 【小题16】6 C1 A$ L; U; L4 f5 Y1 S A.grow: O; _7 A7 P" V$ D& L4 @ B.matter1 D: C) F) K) Z) [0 @' X+ H9 c C.exist# \0 O
B% i8 U* E( [7 Y D.appear9 g4 A
K+ @4 T) a & ]' C5 `5 `
i, H* E3 j+ O1 c 【小题17】1 @( Q0 a/ L( E7 Q0 ] A.mistake! _6 R" E4 Y$ _/ A- O1 a) f B.effort. [% I6 f: R8 V1 d. c& X C.decision
P7 Q0 F9 h. M' Q D.request9 g+ S0 A$ Z" K - V) N7 ^# T- D: X& L& g2 g2 I 【小题18】- [3 e& b" @3 [2 V# F" X1 ^) [1 G9 F A.invite2 h- `0 G: I# S6 C5 a B.cause* Z+ f1 `5 B0 B- S( Z C.allow3 J- K, B& K- N5 [2 L D.remind: \; i9 J
c* Y 7 j+ b! P8 Y0 Z/ @- e/ \0 G; ^ 【小题19】* d/ I
N- O: B2 d* B' Q A.false( U; ], @, I/ g9 F$ f- F B.strict5 M- D7 [( C+ g0 j$ g2 J C.attractive3 e. X' N2 U! M2 ?; d7 ^ D.general3 V9 F3 A. R( C - ^; c/ K1 X% M! @: E) D; U 【小题20】
C7 T1 e$ f' F# Q A.by5 J# N$ A6 H! U6 c B.over* M1 g! a/ d' `- B$ j C. V+ [* ^% Q
P% O' N9 N' L D. c( a$ L0 Q9 M6 g3 V7 I4 ] 6 X$ Y5 c5 K" F/ A: A
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:It was 4 o’ clock in the morning when I received the phone call.“This is the emergency room calling and your son was just
and are going to fly him to the burn unit in Seattle.” Seattle was 350 miles from his college, so we knew immediately this was
, which caused the burns. Our son and his friends decided to barbecue hamburgers in the courtyard of their apartment. When they
the charcoal(木炭), it burst into flames because they had sprayed too much gasoline(petrol). The flames
from the treatments, the doctors told him they would not do plastic surgery(整容) for 6 months
it takes that long for the skin to stop shrinking(缩水) and wrinkling(起皱). So, he had to return to college with scars typical of severe burns. When I was a child, my mother told my sister, who had a 10-inch, very
scar on her arm, “Nancy, if you ignore the scar, other people will ignore it. It does not mean they will not
and returned to school with his head held high —— glad he was alive.By the end of the six-month waiting period, he decided that the scars did not
, so he made the
people to keep away from us. And we spend a lot of time thinking that if only we looked differently, or dressed differently, people would like us better.But you see, people will only judge you by your looks, or your clothes, if you are judging yourself by these same
standards. Put your imperfections out of your mind and concentrate on what you value
K5 _; D9 Z A.brought8 S9 E& b& T! h) D B.given1 I2 M; Z& d# i% K C.turned4 @# I* D6 U4 j! U, J. g0 @ D.showed4 [; D& O; E9 _7 ]1 Z( V- R
c) @ 【小题2】+ H- R6 I# E8 \' N) [7 f& i A.doctor3 C$ c" M/ c& L0 ]1 L B.hospital+ @: O4 J5 d" D6 O2 c" N C.aircraft+ S" Q% C! R/ e D.ambulance! Y" B8 ?6 [3 N$ P3 f $ X& _, X# H# O) I* c( c9 Q) [* F 【小题3】; D' b. Z9 B! h8 a0 \ A.serious3 [$ H! @
P* h4 V1 G. ?3 _! R# c
b D.important1 ?! _( X# L; c: N# ^# N 9 ]2 Q4 ?- N* D2 \ 【小题4】3 G, C4 Z& g1 W. ]! G5 W+ N A.event1 K0 L. J1 U4 O! M( b7 M B.process6 `: f: _3 ]9 b- @ C.reason3 ?" Y: b! @! Y' `3 S$ c1 ^! L; B D.accident1 T. ?( X1 d+ d1 K 9 P3 @6 Y( I& W 【小题5】. E6 g
a3 P0 \1 \3 a. O1 ? A.got7 C; T: O. ?6 H. ?( e8 Q B.lit2 g: `; j& ^+ B' U# P, Q C.burned) C$ d2 T( \& G# L# N
[+ P: P D.moved/ c7 _- b* E) @$ _: Y+ ` . I) `+ h0 \9 R 【小题6】9 ?0 ^; a5 M" I. @; ^ A.took3 X) b4 B; R0 G2 C0 U# S B.held' M9 I, ?9 Y9 Y! H
W D.attracted( E: B. ]* O3 M/ X! K5 M- Q 6 h) Y4 A! U2 L: O5 [ 【小题7】8 @6 @0 Y! G* M) ^4 b A.Fortunately5 d: P; @' f7 g6 O B.Surprisingly7 d1 P( `$ A3 a- g8 N% I C.Happily) O" Q; b8 a3 j# T/ Q# D# K% J D.Slowly- ^# d# B' Y* Z- T6 X$ W3 B 1 K* c4 Y. K8 K% C! h% S% O 【小题8】" `6 S$ B, G: W! X8 Z, b3 ] A.pushed. I1 _4 d4 J8 ?' @ B.threw- E' G, L, O! Q C.dropped4 j: H' \5 @4 j
V# B2 b D.rolled! \' G( E9 e, _' N1 K/ b$ V ) i+ B& Z; B/ ?' E& C 【小题9】& E% M; T6 d) C A.shape# a% E) d% ]* c1 ]2 S B.place( L9 W( T0 \
?" \ C.fact: a2 S1 H) a9 Q5 J5 F D.time4 C/ Q# ^3 e* h* K+ ` $ I$ E, h7 _3 ]" g' S
M 【小题10】7 G& h! F3 j! W7 M( S6 S( _ A.benefited0 h$ B, j5 h- K8 j) i. E' G! G B.recovered- Q3 E; e/ N" E8 K' K C.suffered' g% E8 Y9 d2 [$ F D.relaxed! Q* ]$ \# a1 D; E, [ ; X6 `4 K0 U. F+ F8 T+ _ 【小题11】- H
^: b9 W) b$ j* P7 C& ` A.if! K5 ^6 f4 j! j2 Y0 H& T- j* M# H; C B.while( e. N$ C% e$ i4 W
^ C.because5 G8 e2 a+ [% e5 d9 f/ Z D.although1 R3 U4 N' I; d# T, e: C - N: L# A" Q$ h+ V 【小题12】9 M5 ^+ R( O% i9 h) O* i0 g A.normal3 K* V0 N% K) \7 P; J! W B.violent9 _% J. G( b9 D- `% Z# I# P: J C.obvious9 i$ ^* Z) U: j0 [ D.popular$ a
c# d+ d: ] 6 R: ^: i2 T, Z( _$ R 【小题13】( H8 U/ _/ N# c& N# N# S A.mention( I0 I8 H% ?+ D# K1 M$ A6 B B.notice8 E+ g) I- \: a& _1 Q C.laugh" ^: Q. H5 I4 I, Y6 T D.hide# [0 [- R# _/ X # S7 D% N
i% L 【小题14】7 U7 \* g
j, U' Y/ _! [8 E4 _ A.sent! b1 Q4 E' P" Z8 ^( L! K B.kept4 N3 g) S; i- W& C! ` C.handed0 F% L, d, U2 G2 \/ ` D.passed9 S, Y, T7 a* c4 d2 i1 `8 g / M+ H* @0 g" M% L2 c, X! `+ F 【小题15】/ d6 I: e4 a+ U/ f1 F7 c A.heart3 a( ^9 a7 H3 Q$ [; H" N1 d& H B.life3 U/ f/ e3 H7 L2 @6 D% i5 R C.practice% e) J) T* `; B- L: M( N D.consideration: i. ?2 G
d) h+ Z! [+ T' d 6 S% I' j' [* b 【小题16】6 C1 A$ L; U; L4 f5 Y1 S A.grow: O; _7 A7 P" V$ D& L4 @ B.matter1 D: C) F) K) Z) [0 @' X+ H9 c C.exist# \0 O
K+ @4 T) a & ]' C5 `5 `
i, H* E3 j+ O1 c 【小题17】1 @( Q0 a/ L( E7 Q0 ] A.mistake! _6 R" E4 Y$ _/ A- O1 a) f B.effort. [% I6 f: R8 V1 d. c& X C.decision
P7 Q0 F9 h. M' Q D.request9 g+ S0 A$ Z" K - V) N7 ^# T- D: X& L& g2 g2 I 【小题18】- [3 e& b" @3 [2 V# F" X1 ^) [1 G9 F A.invite2 h- `0 G: I# S6 C5 a B.cause* Z+ f1 `5 B0 B- S( Z C.allow3 J- K, B& K- N5 [2 L D.remind: \; i9 J
N- O: B2 d* B' Q A.false( U; ], @, I/ g9 F$ f- F B.strict5 M- D7 [( C+ g0 j$ g2 J C.attractive3 e. X' N2 U! M2 ?; d7 ^ D.general3 V9 F3 A. R( C - ^; c/ K1 X% M! @: E) D; U 【小题20】
C7 T1 e$ f' F# Q A.by5 J# N$ A6 H! U6 c B.over* M1 g! a/ d' `- B$ j C. V+ [* ^% Q
P% O' N9 N' L D. c( a$ L0 Q9 M6 g3 V7 I4 ] 6 X$ Y5 c5 K" F/ A: A It was 4 o’ clock in the morning when I received the phone call.“This is the emergency room calling and your son was just
, so he made the
K5 _; D9 Z A.brought8 S9 E& b& T! h) D B.given1 I2 M; Z& d# i% K C.turned4 @# I* D6 U4 j! U, J. g0 @ D.showed4 [; D& O; E9 _7 b ; ]1 Z( V- R
P* h4 V1 G. ?3 _! R# c
i% L 【小题14】7 U7 \* g
K+ @4 T) a & ]' C5 `5 `
C7 T1 e$ f' F# Q A.by5 J# N$ A6 H! U6 c B.over* M1 g! a/ d' `- B$ j C.beyond; V+ [* ^% Q
P% O' N9 N' L D.within; c( a$ L0 Q9 M6 g3 V7 I4 ] 6 X$ Y5 c5 K" F/ A: A 科目:难易度:最佳答案【小题1】A【小题2】C【小题3】A【小题4】D【小题5】B【小题6】C【小题7】A【小题8】D【小题9】D【小题10】B【小题11】C【小题12】C【小题13】B【小题14】D【小题15】A【小题16】B【小题17】C【小题18】B【小题19】A【小题20】D解析试题分析:我们每个人都有不足之处,都会因为那些真实存在的或是想象出来的“伤疤”而过于在意他人的眼光。然而,只有发自内心的美才是真正的美。作者的儿子在一次烧烤中严重烧伤,结果留下了很多伤疤,作者告诉他不要去在意那些伤疤,作者庆幸自己还活着,并且积极面对生活。【小题1】考查动词辨析。A带来;B给;C变得;D展示,引领。根据“This is the emergency room calling”可知,是医院打来的紧急电话,your son was just
in with severe burns电话里说道“你的儿子严重烧伤,他刚被送来”,故选A。【小题2】考查名词辨析。A医生;B医院;C飞机;D救护车。根据“fly him to the burn unit”中的fly可知,应该是用飞机送他去西雅图烧伤病房,故选C。【小题3】考查形容词辨析。A严重的;B可怕的;C危险的;D重要的。so we knew immediately this was
.孩子的家人(作者)立刻意识到事情的严重性,故选A。【小题4】考查名词辨析。A事件;B过程;C原因;D事故。根据“which caused the burns”可知,医生介绍了造成烧伤的那起事故,故选D。【小题5】考查动词辨析。A得到,变得;B点燃;C烧;D移动。根据“burst into flames”可知,作者的儿子和朋友点燃了炭火,故选B。【小题6】考查动词辨析。A带走;B拿,握住;C遭遇,遭受;D吸引。The flames
my son’s shirt tail(下摆) and shot from his waist to well over his head.火焰烧着了作者儿子衬衫的下摆,进而从腰部烧到了头部,故选C。【小题7】考查副词辨析。A幸运的是;B吃惊地;C开心地;D缓慢地。
, one of the boys was quick-minded, grasped(抓住) my son好在有一个男孩反应快,故选A。【小题8】考查动词辨析。A推;B扔;C丢;D滚动。and
him on the grass男孩帮作者的儿子在草地上滚动来灭掉身上的火,故选D。【小题9】考查名词辨析。A形状;B地方;C事实;D时间。it was not in
to save him from severe burns虽然保住了性命,但没有及时避免严重的烧伤,故选D。【小题10】考查动词辨析。A受益;B恢复。康复;C遭受;D放松。根据“he had to return to college”可知,应该是从治疗中恢复,故选B。【小题11】考查连词辨析。A如果;B当,尽管;C因为;D虽然,尽管。
it takes that long for the skin to stop shrinking(缩水) and wrinkling(起皱)六个月之内不能整容是因为需要那么长的时间让佩服停止缩水和起皱,故选C。【小题12】考查形容词辨析。A正常的;B激烈的;C明显的;D受欢迎的。who had a 10-inch, very
scar on her arm作者妹妹的胳膊上有一个伤疤,根据“if you ignore the scar, other people will ignore it”可知,胳膊上的伤疤很明显,故选C。【小题13】考查动词辨析。A提到;B注意;C大笑;D藏,躲藏。根据“it means it will not matter to them if it doesn’t matter to you”可知,并非别人看不见伤疤,只是如果你不在意的话,别人就不会去关注它,故选B。【小题14】考查动词辨析。A送;B保持;C递给;D经过,传递。根据“He took my advice”可知,作者把这个道理讲给了儿子,pass sth on to sb把......传给某人,故选D。【小题15】考查名词辨析。A心脏;B生命;C练习,惯例;D考虑,体贴。根据“with his head held high —— glad he was alive”可知,作者的儿子没有去在意周围人对自己怎么看,而是庆幸自己还活着,说明他把妈妈的话听进心里了,故选A。【小题16】考查动词辨析。A成长;B重要;C存在;D出现。根据“give up any plastic surgery”可知,他决定放弃整容,说明他认为那些伤疤已经不算什么了,故选B。【小题17】考查名词辨析。A错误;B努力;C决定;D要求,请求。so he made the
to give up他做出了放弃整容的决定,make a/the decision to do sth作出做某事的决定,故选C。【小题18】考查动词辨析。A邀请,招致(麻烦);B导致;C允许;D提醒。We all have “scars” that we believe
people to keep away from us.我们每个人都有我们认为会使他人远离我们的“伤疤”,cause sb to do sth使某人做某事,故选B。【小题19】考查形容词辨析。A不正确的,错误的,假的(事物);B严格的;C有吸引力的;D一般的,普遍的。judge you by your looks, or your clothes如果自己以外表、穿着来看自己,那么他人也会以这些错误的标准来对待你。以貌取人是不对的,故选A。【小题20】考查介词辨析。A通过;B在......上面,越过;C超出;D在......范围内。根据“Put your imperfections out of your mind...beauty will shine through”可知,忘掉自己的不足之处,只关注内在的品质,那么,美就会由内而外地散发出来,故选D。考点:故事类短文阅读知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心

我要回帖

更多关于 because the 的文章

随机推荐