Animals for SaleMK2 GTI/GOLF half smoked tails ((NEW)) - Bothell, WA
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Stay logged in
Jump to page:
Linear Mode
Euro crystal half smoked tail lights for Mk2 GTI or Golf. I got them from Black Forest Industries a couple months ago, but never installed them on my GTI before the motor blew. I now have a Calypso Golf GL and would rather go the half clear tails route.
I'm selling/trading (for half clear/crystal tails):
Euro half smoked tail lights
Euro bulb trays!! and 2 wiring harnesses!! (one harness is incomplete)
here is a link to the site I purchased them from (trays and harnesses were eBay purchases):
I'm looking for $100obo or trade
Seriously, never used. Never even fitted on the GTI to see how they looked. Bran-spankin-new, baby.
Last edited by GriffDasR 05-17-2011 at .
Reason: price reduction
literally new. c'mon guys :]
My lovely GTI that needs a motor, his replacement is another 92... Golf GL Calypso :]
you can buy them for 125 on there new what are you thinking? haha
ill drive $120 cash to you....?
caveman loves Death By Vw
&Thinking about selling my hood since it's always open anyway&
&Huffing which flavor of industrial strength, brain rotting solvent is en vogue this week?& - Seax_Smith
Originally Posted by golfdriver17
you can buy them for 125 on there new what are you thinking? haha
1) They are brand new, never used, never installed.
2) I bought the euro bulb trays (that Black Forest Industries does not sell with the tail lights)
3) I also bought the wiring harnesses (although one of them is not complete - damn eBay )
Annnd as long as the buyer will/can drive or is close to my location - there is no shipping
... Thats what I'm thinking, pretty much.
Last edited by GriffDasR 03-21-2011 at .
Originally Posted by adam the caveman
ill drive $120 cash to you....?
sunny day bump :] good day to wash/work on dubs!!
no offers?
I have one in mind.
________oo_oo
/ /__/___[_____\
I I=====[]IIIIII[]
()_)------()_)----)_)
pm me with offers
APRIL FOOLS!
buy them! I need funds for a new clutch (refuse to use the GTI as a donor)
bump bizznatch
MK2 reppin
Originally Posted by jity86
You have to be a mk2 person to understand.
c'mon guys, someone has got to want new half smoked tails for their mk2
MK2 reppin
i'll ask my buddy who never go's on the tex if he wants em... i know hes looking for something similar.
BTW post up some calypso gl pics!
&------- link
Originally Posted by e1z1r1a
i'll ask my buddy who never go's on the tex if he wants em... i know hes looking for something similar.
BTW post up some calypso gl pics!
Where is he located? just curious. I'd rather not ship, but if so its whatever.
nothing compared to the GTI, atleast not yet (I know I need to swap the wheels - theyre on studs - and one turn is a lighter color lol) but I'll have fun getting it up to my standards.
The color hasnt fully grown on me yet, but its pretty rare so thats neat
MK2 reppin
Pm'd ya but figure I'll post here too. How much shipped to 97214? know you don't wanna ship but I'm very interested. Hit me up on here or feel free to email me @ .
Thanks a lot, Dylan
I'll check it out and see how much it will be to ship to portland (thats portland, right?)
MK2 reppin
Ya I'm located in Portland. Let me know on the quote.
Thanks, Dylan
MK2 reppin
still available. take these and toss some cash my way :]
Last edited by GriffDasR 05-26-2011 at .
Reason: adding pictures
MK2 reppin
MK2 reppin
muhfuggin bump
MK2 reppin
For advertising information click
Jump to page:Your resource for climbing in the Pacific Northwest
You are not logged in. []
& [TR] Dragontail Peak- Backbone Ridge
Use our price tool to find the best price on any piece or gear or clothing.
Purchases using this tool .
2 registered (2 invisible),
Guests and
Spiders online.
Global Mod,
27333 Members
100268 Topics
1144880 Posts
Max Online: 627 @
[TR] Dragontail Peak- Backbone Ridge
Photos: 376
Waiting for high pressure
Climb: Dragontail Peak-Backbone Ridge
Date of Climb: 9/2/2006 Trip Report: Three quotes by local guidebook authors resonate in my head as I pack gear for my Dragontail trip:
"Backbone Ridge is unique as Cascade climbs go because it has a very sustained crack pitch instead of an odd hard move here and there."
"The route's 21 pitches will possibly force a bivouac...some parties have found easier ways to climb the Fin.
Other parties have largely avoided it."
"The Backbone Ridge on Dragontail is easier to get to than to climb...competent route finding and the ability to travel light and fast are necessary to avoid a bivy on this route."
Wondering what my future holds in store for me, I stuff crampons and a #5 camalot into my pack and head to Leavenworth Thursday night...Fri AM:
First in line for permit.
Get the only remaining Colchuck Permit.
Meet partner, Robes, who has driven all the way from Klamath Falls to be a ropegun...Robes indicating the size of our largest Camalot hauled up the hill...A leisurely 2.5 hour hike brought us up to Colchuck LakeWe made camp at the far end of the lake in a lovely spot nestled between boulders, and caught this look at the peak as the sun set:
Wakeup at 4 AM for coffee and off by 5:20 or so.
Crampons helped us crunch across the moderate snow to gain the scrambling on loose ledges, eventually finding our way to the 5.6 corner, which would prove to barely warm us up for the off-width lurking just above:
The 5.6 first pitch cornerA short jaunt around the corner revealed the O-W (ow!) but it turned out to be much more straightforward than we feared.
It was useful to have the 4.5 and the 5, though the climbing was largely secure and even enjoyable.
Here's Robes topping out on the OW and preparing to haul the packs: "I might be crazy but I like the in-secur-ity!"Much has been written about the OW.
All I have to add is that it was easier than I expected and more secure than I had heard it is.
Soon, we were following the ridgecrest and occasionally veering off to either side on much easier, mostly solid rock:
Upon reaching easier terrain, simul-climbing took us quickly to the base of the Fin, where we saw this snow feature we called "the Fertile Crescent":
Turning back towards Colchuck, we noticed this strange phallic spire sticking out of the margin of the glacier:
It was 12:25 and we had our hands on the still-shadowed lower reaches of the Fin...we knew this was where other parties have encountered route-finding challenges and we took way too long reading through route-descriptions and trying to match the features we could see with the written descriptions.
Nothing really seemed to make sense or jump out at us, so we decided to simply climb and re-assess at each new belay...anyway, here's the approximate route we ended up finally following:
I lead the first pitch up into the loose rock of the lower fin, almost to the first big ledge, and then Robes took us up to the first main ledge where the first red dot is located on the route overlay - and where the rock changes from crumbly white rock to steep, shining clean granite.
From this point, face climbing to obvious clean cracks lead upward into the sun to the next big ledge:
Robes blasted off leading the next two pitches, taking us up a steep variation (felt like 5.9+) around a flake off the left ridge crest and back onto the face of the Fin again to a belay.
From here, it was up and diagonally all the way across and off the Fin via a 70 meter pitch (full 60-M rope plus a little simul-climbing at the end).
This was the "handrail" pitch, and yielded striking climbing:
From this point, we simul-climbed on the back side of the Fin above the lingering ice of the Third Couloir before popping back out into the sun of the NW side, soon arriving on talus leading to the summit ridge...We made it to the top around 5 PM I think.
After enjoying the summit for all-too-brief of a time, we made our way down to the Snow Creek Glacier where, again, crampons were useful crunching down the icy slopes:
The slog down Ass-neck Pass went fairly quickly, and soon we were back at the Lake campsite:
We had dinner and watched several headlamped parties making their way down Aasgard and the Colchuck Glacier...Sun Morning
Coffee and sunriseHeading down to town, we meet my wife Tee-Wa and enjoyed a huge margarita at the mexican place in Leavenworth:
Reflecting on my concerns about the climb and the quotes that precede this TR, I would say that this climb is a legitimate Grade IV, never too technically hard but demanding the need to keep moving smoothly over 2000 feet of climbing.
The nature of the route, for us, required many more belayed pitches than the neighboring Serpenting Arete warrants.
Having said that, climbing standards seem to have changed a bit since Beckey's quote and two other parties started behind us on the route and all made it off without a bivy.
In fact, a party of three left the car at 9 and passed us on the route!
They gathered speed as they moved up the ridge, leading me to wonder if they had roller-blades on at once point.
Perhaps the advent of large cams allows parties to move more quickly on the otherwise time-consuming wide-crack sections???I highly recommend the route and would definitely want to have the #5 on any future attempts on this route as well.
Thanks to Robes for leading many of the vibracious pitches and for a GREAT trip in the mountains.
Thanks to the Off-Width Gods for not swallowing us whole!
Gear Notes: 1 60-Meter RopeA few StoppersCams from small aliens to #5 Camalot, including one 4.5 (with doubles from .5 to 2)CramponsNo ice ax needed
$14.95 Save 40% $12.76 Save 20% $313.99 Save 30% $79.96 Save 20% $51.96 Save 20% $249.48 Save 50% $399.99 Save 53% $143.96 Save 20% $69.99 Save 61% $191.57 Save 50%Want to browse more deals?
Check out our
Re: [TR] Dragontail Peak- Backbone COMPLETED TR
Capricious Warlord
Photos: 363
Great TR and pictures. That shot of Colchuck Lake at the end of the day is beautiful! Nice to see that someone else besides me isn't a car-to-car fiend.
I may be many things...but I'm no longer a car-to-car fiend.
On the other hand, I do like Margaritas...
Photos: 22
Portland, OR
yes, the third-to-last photo is marvelous ... looks like a beautiful trip, it's on the top of my list, but probably somewhat above my ability ...
The Dry Side
Great TR and photos.
I agree on the car to car crap....The purpose of the climb is to enjoy!
As soon as I can find a partner willing to do the 5.9 stuff I doing this one.
enthusiast
Photos: 281
I'm heading up their next week and your photos are very helpful
Thanks everyone for your kind words about the photos and TR.
I have been playing with some photo editing software and put together this annotated panorama of the Enchantments.
Please offer feedback if any of my labels are inaccurate!
I am curious about the large peak between Prusik and Enchantment on my image.
enthusiast
Photos: 50
Leaventucky
I think the peak in mention is three musketeers or something.I was one of the two behind you on the fin
Great route, soooo much better than serpentine.
We did bivy, although intentionally.
Three of my most rad days in the alpine ever!
We woke up sunday and headed to stuwie through colchuck and argonaut col and shot up the lower half of the n. ridge and spent the night there.
Woke up to lightning and rain and went for it with no water and one candy bar
one hour to the gendarme and 3 total to the summit.
Back to l-w00d for pizza and beers.
Photos: 1090
Wenatchee, WA
It's funny on most of the TR's I've read about this route, no one ever mentions the undercling moves of the last pitch of the fin as described in the Nelson guide as pitch 12.
It's the only way I've been up the fin (4 times),
exactly as described, with the undercling pitch mostly lichenated with clean spots for your feet only, then a long traverse right to the finishing loose gully.
The rule for the fin seems to be there are tons of variations for this feature that work.
Photos: 760
The Emerald City
Nice work, er play.
Glad you could enjoy the mountains and the margaritas in style.
I can't speak for others, but when my lovely wife is generously watching the kids while I play Sylvester Stallone in the mountains it's not about car-to-car so much as diaper-duty to diaper-duty...so she can get her turn to play Steph Davis...
Hopefully the kids will get there too someday.
Photos: 124
Trundle Alley
great pics and TR! thanks
Quote:It's funny on most of the TR's I've read about this route, no one ever mentions the undercling moves of the last pitch of the fin as described in the Nelson guide as pitch 12.
It's the only way I've been up the fin (4 times),
exactly as described, with the undercling pitch mostly lichenated with clean spots for your feet only, then a long traverse right to the finishing loose gully.
The rule for the fin seems to be there are tons of variations for this feature that work. Using the route overlay I drew, can you describe where the undercling goes?
Must be to the right somewhere of where we were....
Wenatchee, WA
Here are a few pics that may help: Here's a pic of Ade Miller cruising the last pitch.
the sharp fin of rock in the foreground is the aforementioned undercling.
the pitch continues up and left up a low angled ramp.
The pitch ends between two pillars, and from Ade's vantage point, you can look down onto triple couloir's final 3rd couloir looking over Ade's left shoulder.
Kyle Flick finishing up the traverse over to the scruffy gulley leading to the final easy slabs to the summit.
Edited by telemarker ( )
Great shots and helpful "second edition" of my route overlay.
Thanks, telemarker!
Wenatchee, WA
For Gawd sakes, someone get this guy some new thermals!
State of Confusion
WONDERFUL TR, topos, & pics!
Thanks for sharing, & the reminder of why I love this area so much!
General Discussion ------&&&Climber's Board&&&cc.news&&&Events Forum&&&Access Issues&&&Climbing Partners&&&Rock Climbing Forum&&&Ice Climbing Forum&&&the *freshiezone*&&&Newbies&&&Kids&&&Personal Climbing Web Pages&&&Author Request ForumRoute Reports ------&&&Alaska&&&British Columbia/Canada&&&North Cascades&&&Alpine Lakes&&&Southern WA Cascades&&&Mount Rainier NP&&&Olympic Peninsula&&&Central/Eastern
Washington&&&Oregon Cascades&&&Columbia River Gorge&&&California&&&Idaho&&&Montana&&&The rest of the US and International.The Rack ------&&&The Gear Critic&&&The Yard Sale&&&Lost and Found&&&Permit Exchange ForumThe Yellow Pages ------&&&Local Gear Shops&&&Climbing Gyms&&&On-Line/Mail-Order Gear ShopsFitness ------&&&Fitness ForumSpray ------&&&Spray
Moderator: &, , &
Development by Entropy.

我要回帖

更多关于 lovely day歌词 的文章

随机推荐