ithink移动硬盘 the littyle ...

Say Everything
As younger people reveal their private lives on the Internet, the older generation looks on with alarm and misapprehension not seen since the early days of rock and roll. The future belongs to the uninhibited.
Yeah, I am naked on the Internet,? says Kitty Ostapowicz, laughing. ?But I?ve always said I wouldn?t ever put up anything I wouldn?t want my mother to see.?
She hands me a Bud Lite. Kitty, 26, is a bartender at Kabin in the East Village, and she is frankly adorable, with bright-red hair, a button nose, and pretty features. She knows it, too: Kitty tells me that she used to participate in ?ratings communities,? like ?nonuglies,? where people would post photos to be judged by strangers. She has a MySpace page and a Livejournal. And she tells me that the Internet brought her to New York, when a friend she met in a chat room introduced her to his Website, which linked to his friends, one of whom was a photographer. Kitty posed for that photographer in Buffalo, where she grew up, then followed him to New York. ?Pretty much just wanted a change,? she says. ?A drastic, drastic change.?
Her Livejournal has gotten less personal over time, she tells me. At first it was ?just a lot of day-to-day bullshit, quizzes and stuff,? but now she tries to ?keep it concise to important events.? When I ask her how she thinks she?ll feel at 35, when her postings are a Google search away, she?s okay with that. ?I?ll be proud!? she says. ?It?s a documentation of my youth, in a way. Even if it?s just me, going back and Googling myself in 25 or 30 years. It?s my self?what I used to be, what I used to do.?
We settle up and I go home to search for Kitty?s profile. I?m expecting tame stuff: updates to friends, plus those blurry nudes. But, as it turns out, the photos we talked about (artistic shots of Kitty in bed or, in one picture, in a snowdrift, wearing stilettos) are the least revelatory thing I find. In posts tracing back to college, her story scrolls down my screen in raw and affecting detail: the death of her parents, her breakups, her insecurities, her ambitions. There are photos, but they are candid and unstylized, like a close-up of a tattoo of a butterfly, adjacent (explains the caption) to a bruise she got by bumping into the cash register. A recent entry encourages posters to share stories of sexual assault anonymously.
Some posts read like diary entries: ?My period is way late, and I haven?t been laid in months, so I don?t know what the fuck is up.? There are bar anecdotes: ?I had a weird guy last night come into work and tell me all about how if I were in the South Bronx, I?d be raped if I were lucky. It was totally unprovoked, and he told me all about my stupid generation and how he fought in Vietnam, and how today?s Navy and Marines are a bunch of pussies.? But the roughest material comes in her early posts, where she struggles with losing her parents. ?I lost her four years ago today. A few hours ago to be precise,? she writes. ?What may well be the worst day of my life.?
Talking to her the night before, I had liked Kitty: She was warm and funny and humble, despite the ?nonuglies? business. But reading her Livejournal, I feel thrown off. Some of it makes me wince. Much of it is witty and insightful. Mainly, I feel bizarrely protective of her, someone I?ve met once?she seems so exposed. And that feeling makes me feel very, very old.
Because the truth is, at 26, Kitty is herself an old lady, in Internet terms. She left her teens several years before the revolution began in earnest: the forest of arms waving cell-phone cameras at concerts, the MySpace pages blinking pink neon revelations, Xanga and Sconex and YouTube
and Flickr and Facebook and del.icio.us and Wikipedia and especially, the ordinary, endless stream of daily documentation that is built into the life of anyone growing up today. You can see the evidence everywhere, from the rural 15-year-old who records videos for thousands of subscribers to the NYU students texting come-ons from beneath the bar. Even 9-year-olds have their own site, Club Penguin, to play games and plan parties. The change has rippled through pretty much every act of growing up. Go through your first big breakup and you may need to change your status on Facebook from ?In a relationship? to ?Single.? Everyone will see it on your ?feed,? including your ex, and that?s part of the point.
HEY NINETEEN
It?s been a long time since there was a true generation gap, perhaps 50 years?you have to go back to the early years of rock and roll, when old people still talked about ?jungle rhythms.? Everything associated with that music and its greasy, shaggy culture felt baffling and divisive, from the crude slang to the dirty thoughts it was rumored to trigger in little girls. That musical divide has all but disappeared. But in the past ten years, a new set of values has sneaked in to take its place, erecting another barrier between young and old. And as it did in the fifties, the older generation has responded with a disgusted, dismissive squawk. It goes something like this:
Share this story...
Most Popular Stories
Most Viewed
Last 24 Hours
Most Emailed
Last 24 Hours
Give a Gift“ Cool ” is a word with many meanings. Its old meaning is used to express a temperature that is a little bit cold. As the world has changed, the word has had many different meanings.
“ Cool ” can be used to express feelings of interest in almost anything.
When you see a famous car in the street, maybe you will say, “It’s cool . ” You may think, “He’s so cool,”when you see your favourite footballer.
We all maximize(扩大)the meaning of “cool”. You can use it instead of many words such as “ new ”or “ surprising ”. Here’s an interesting story we can use to show the way the word is used. A teacher asked her students to write about the waterfall (瀑布)they had visited. On one student’s paper was just the one sentence, “It’s so cool. ” Maybe he thought it was the best way to show what he saw and felt.
But the story also shows a scarcity(缺乏)of words. Without “cool”, some people have no words to show the same meaning. So it is quite important to keep some credibility (可信性). Can you think of many other words that make your life as colourful as the word “cool”? I can . And I think they are also very cool .
【小题1】 We know that the word “ cool ” has had _________
A.only one meaning       B.no meanings
C.many different meanings   D.the same meaning
【小题2】 In the passage, the word “ express ” means “________”
A.see    B.show   C.know    D.feel
【小题3】If you are _____________ something, you may say, “It’s cool。”
A.interested in    B.angry about
C.afraid of    D.unhappy with
【小题4】 The writer takes an example to show he is _________ the way the word is used.
A.pleased with   B.strange to   
C.worried about    D.careful with
【小题5】 In the passage, the writer suggests(暗示)that the word “ cool ” _______
A.can be used instead of many words
B.usually means something interesting
C.can make your life colorful
D.may not be as cool as it seems
【小题1】细节题。根据“ Cool ” is a word with many meanings.可知选C。
【小题2】细节题。根据Its old meaning is used to express a temperature that is a little bit cold.它的传统意思是表示有点冷的温度。故选B,展示。
【小题3】细节题。根据When you see a famous car in the street, maybe you will say, “It’s cool .看到名车应是感兴趣,故选A。
【小题4】细节题。阅读短文最后一段可知,没有cool这个单词,一些人们就没有一个合适的单词表达他们正确的意思,故选C,担心的。
【小题5】细节题。根据Can you think of many other words that make your life as colourful as the word “cool”? I can . And I think they are also very cool .这句话可以看出作者认为他能找出许多和cool一样能使生活丰富多彩的的单词。可知作者在此处暗示cool这个单词并不像它的表象那样出色。选D。当前位置:
>>>完形填空。 Many people think the more time is spent, the mor..
完形填空。
&&&&& Many people think the more time is spent, the more work will be done. So students have to&spend the whole&&1&& doing schoolwork except the three meals. It is&&2& to see students struggling (挣扎) in a sea of schoolwork both at school and at home. &&&&&&Modern students usually have many&&3&. They love music and sports. They like reading and watching TV. A two-day weekend can get them&&4& from too much schoolwork ,and they can do what they like. But still teachers do not think about it. They still arrange (安排) a lot of homework for students to do.&5& students have too much school work, they have no time to enjoy themselves. Students are reallytired of their weekend homework. So they usually don't do their weekend homework&&6& Sunday night. And there is not enough time for homework, students have to finish it&&7&. The weekend homework makes teachers angry.&&&&&&Things always get&&8& without right ideas. Too much schoolwork makes students lose interest inlearning. It's also bad for their health.&&&&&&A horse runs faster after a &9&. So all the teachers should give students &&10& pleasureand knowledge.
(&&&& )1. A. day&&&& (&&&& )2. A. never&& (&&&& )3. A. books&& (&&&& )4. A. busy&&&&(&&&& )5. A. For&&&& (&&&& )6. A. until&& (&&&& )7. A. good&&&&(&&&& )8. A. better&&(&&&& )9. A. minute&&(&&&& )10. A. either&&
B. morning&&B. common&& B. interestsB. pleased&&B. With&&&& B. when&&&& B. poor&&&& B. afraid&& B. moment&& B. both&&&&
C. afternoon&&C. glad&&&&&& C. sports&&&& C. away&&&&&& C. Though&&&& C. at&&&&&&&& C. carelessly C. worse&&&&&&C. meal&&&&&& C. same&&&&&&
D. week&&&& D. hardly&& D. friends&&D. tired&&&&D. Because&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. on&&&&&& D. happy&&&&D. wonderfulD. rest&&&& D. between&&
题型:完形填空难度:中档来源:期末题
1-5&& ABBCD&& 6-10&& ACCDB
马上分享给同学
据魔方格专家权威分析,试题“完形填空。 Many people think the more time is spent, the mor..”主要考查你对&&社会现象类阅读&&等考点的理解。关于这些考点的“档案”如下:
现在没空?点击收藏,以后再看。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
社会现象类阅读
社会现象类阅读:这类文章通过写人记事来揭示文章的主题,显示其社会意义,一般采用顺序或倒叙来叙述。题目经常是一些细节问题。考查的方面可以是原因和其中引发的思考。阅读这类文章要理清思路。描述社会现象英语:安居工程 housing project for low-income families安居小区 a neighborhood for low-income families保障妇女就业权利to guarantee women’s right to employment补发拖欠的离退休人员统筹项目内的养老金 All back pension entitlements have been paid for the retired covered by the overall government plan.裁定保险赔偿 adjudication of benefits城镇居民最低生活保障 guarantee of subsistence allowances for urban residents城镇社会保障体系the social security system in urban areas城镇职工基本医疗保险制度the basic medical insurance system for urban employees大力推行个人助学信贷 Personal loans to finance education should be vigorously promoted.待业人员 job seekers待遇优厚的工作 a well-paid job单亲家庭 single parent family定向培训 training for specific posts独生子女 the only child对保障方案进行精算评估 Security programs should undergo actuarial review.对口扶贫 provide poverty alleviation aid to the designated sister regions福利分房 buy a benefit-oriented apartment from the organization one works with岗位培训 on-job training个人自愿计划 voluntary private plans工伤保险制度the on-job injury insurance system工资收入分配制度the wage and income distribution system关系国计民生的大事 matters vital to national well-being and the people’s livelihood关心和支持残疾人事业 Programs to help the physically and mentally challenged deserve our care and support.关心老龄人 care for senior citizens.国企下岗职工基本生活保障 guarantee of basic cost of living allowances for workers laid off from state-owned enterprises过温饱生活 live a life at a subsistent level合理调整就业结构to rationally readjust the employment structure后勤服务社会化 make logistic services independent in their operation基本养老金basic pensions计划生育责任制 responsibility system of family planning 加快住房分配货币化进程 capitalization process of housing distribution/allocation加强计划生育工作 further improve family planning加强舆论监督 ensure that the correct orientation is maintained in public opinion 家庭美德 family virtues 建立集体合同制度to establish a group contract system建立市场导向的就业机制to establish a market-oriented employment mechanism建立新型的劳动关系to establish a new type of labor relations教育程度 education received
发现相似题
与“完形填空。 Many people think the more time is spent, the mor..”考查相似的试题有:

我要回帖

更多关于 ithink移动硬盘 的文章

随机推荐