cosmopolitan大都会 outloo...

NY Times Editor: No ‘Liberal Point of View,’ Actually ‘Cosmopolitan Outlook’ at Times | Mediaite
The executive editor at The New York Times, , sat down for an exclusive interview with The New Republic this week where she was asked about the perception that the paper she helms has a liberal bias in their coverage of the news. Abramson said that it is a misconception among some that there is a liberal point of view reflected in the Times’ coverage of the news, but what readers perceive is actually a “cosmopolitan outlook.”
“Well, Jill, leaving you out of it,” TNR reporter Michael Kinsley began, “would you say someone from Mars coming to read The New York Times for a month would recognize any ideological preference?”
Abramson conceded immediately that the editorial pages and opinion pieces may be perceived to be leaning leftward. “No, no,” Kinsley pressed, “on the news pages.”
“I think that they would recognize a sort of cosmopolitan outlook that reflects that, even as we become international, we’re a New York–based news institution,” Abramson replied. “I can see how the intensity of coverage on certain issues may to some people seem to reflect a liberal point of view. But I actually don’t think it does.”
Abramson says that the paper has not changed much since she began reading it as a child and it is the mission of that paper has always been to report the news straight.
“I would say that The New York Times has a sort of Upper-West-Side sensibility, and the politics that go with it, which is fine with me,” Kinsley replied.
“It’s your perception, so I can’t say it’s wrong,” Abramson conceded.
Read the full interview via
Have a tip we should know?
filed under
& 2017 Mediaite, LLC |cosmopolitan是什么意思,词典释义与在线翻译:
adj.(形容词)
世界性的;有各国人的 containing people from all over the world
遍布世界的 occurring in most parts of the world
无民族偏见的;四海一家的 (free from national prejudice because of) having wide experience of the world
提示:各行业词典APP中含有本词条的独家正版内容,在手机上可看到更多释义内容。
cosmopolitan&:&世界性;四 ...
在&&中查看更多...
cosmopolitan&:&全世界的,
在&&中查看更多...
a sophisticated person who has travelled in many countries
Adjective:
growing or occurring in man
"a cosmopolitan herb"
"cosmopolitan in distribution"
composed of people from or at home in man especially not provincial in at
"his cosmopolitan benevolence impartially extended to all races and to all creeds"
"the ancient and cosmopolitan societies of Syria and Egypt"
"that queer, cosmopolitan, rather sinister crowd found around the Marseilles docks"
of worldwide sc
"an issue of cosmopolitan import"
"the shrewdest political and ecumenical comment of our time"
"universal experience"
cosmopolitan的用法和样例:
用作形容词 (adj.)
New York is a highly cosmopolitan city.
纽约是一个高度世界性的城市。
Alexander envisioned a cosmopolitan culture in his new empire.
亚历山大打算让他的新帝国具有世界性的文化。
The rose is a cosmopolitan plant.
玫瑰是遍生于世界各地的植物。
She has a very cosmopolitan outlook on life.
她有四海一家的人生观。
用作形容词 (adj.)
He was a most cosmopolitan novelist.
他是一位世界性的小说家。
Living abroad helps him form a cosmopolitan.
海外生活帮助他形成了四海一家的人生观。
The population of the area is very cosmopolitan.
这个地区的人口来自世界很多地区。
用作形容词 (adj.)
That cosmopolitan indifference to constitutions and religions.
出自:Ld Macaulay
Cosmopolitan by nature and education, wherever she was she was at home.
出自:A. Koestler
cosmopolitan的海词问答与网友补充:
cosmopolitan的相关资料:
cosmopolitan&:&世界性的, ...
在&&中查看更多...
【近义词】
世界范围的
(融合或具有)多种文化的...
供多种族用的...
心胸开阔的
全国流行的
人工培养的
温文尔雅的
环球旅行者
促进基督教不同教派大联合...
全基督教的
【反义词】
cosmopolitan:cosmopolitan n. 四海为家的人, 世界主义者adj. 世界性的,全球(各地)的 英英解释:名词cosmopolitan:1. a sophisticated person who has…
相关词典网站:

我要回帖

更多关于 cosmopolitan大都会 的文章

随机推荐