hisstudent id cardd is in m...

- Last Update: If you have opened Twitter today you may have noticed an increase in messages reporting that the social media site Facebook was asking them to provide a Government ID to unlock their account on the site.The message that users received during log in to their Facebook account states the following: "For security reasons your account is temporarily locked. If this account reflects your real name and personal information, please help us verify it".The user who has been temporarily locked out of the account is then asked to provide a government ID for verification.Facebook itself has not published a public comment yet and it is unclear if the company will address the issue at all.Facebook Government IDFacebook's Help page provides further information about the practice:If you can't verify your account using your mobile number, you'll need to provide a copy of your photo ID. This could be a scanned copy or a close-up photo you've taken.Facebook government IDUpload a photo IDHow to upload your IDOptional: Cover up any confidential information (ex: license or passport number)Scan or take a picture of your ID with your digital cameraMake sure you can clearly see your name, birthday and photoSave the photo to your desktopClick the button below and follow the instructions to upload your IDThis is my government issued ID. I understand I won't get help with my account if I haven't uploaded a valid ID.The
the types of IDs that Facebook accepts:Birth certificateDriver's licensePassportMarriage certificateOfficial Name change paperworkPersonal or vehicle insurance cardNon-driver's government IDGreen card, residence permit or immigration papersSocial Security CardVoter ID CardIn addition, Facebook will also accept any of the two following items that must show the name and date of birth of the locked out Facebook user.Bank statementBus cardCheckCredit CardEmployment verificationLibrary cardMailMagazine subscription stubMedical recordMembership IDsPaycheck stubPermitSchool cardSchool recordUtility billYearbook photoThe company notes that data that has been uploaded to Facebook as part of the verification process will be deleted after the verification.The mass lock-out of users is not the first on Facebook. The most recent lock-out that requested users to provide Facebook with IDs to unlock the account again happened in January of this year. The company back then stated that it may ask users for photo IDs depending on the violation that occurred.Common violations where this may be the case are accounts where either the name or birth date do not match or exist at all (for instance if a nickname is being used), and maybe also at times to verify account ownership after a hacking attempt.The only two options that locked out Facebook users have is to either comply with the request and transfer a picture of a photo ID to Facebook, or stop using the site altogether.
Please share this article
About Martin Brinkmann Martin Brinkmann is a journalist from Germany who founded Ghacks Technology News Back in 2005. He is passionate about all things tech and knows the Internet and computers like the back of his hand.You can follow Martin on ,
You are here:
& Facebook asking locked out users to provide Government ID
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.Colored Identity: The Politics and Materiality of ID Cards in Palestine/Israel32 PagesHelga Tawil-souri&&connect to downloadGet&pdfColored Identity: The Politics and Materiality of ID Cards in Palestine/IsraelLoading PreviewREAD PAPER
Log In&with&FacebookLog In&with&GoogleEmail:Password:Remember me on this computeror&Enter the email address you signed up with and we'll email you a reset link.
Academia & 2016114网址导航

我要回帖

更多关于 student id card 的文章

随机推荐