We usually是什么意思 ( )Decem...

小题1:C小题2:D小题3:B小题4:A小题5:C小题1:生活常识题,根据文中选项理解可知。小题2:细节理解题,根据文中语句“We often have more time for lunch and supper,”理解可知。小题3:细节理解题,根据文中语句“You don’t eat anything for about twelve hours from the last (上次) supper.”理解可知。小题4:细节理解题,根据文中语句“One good breakfast should be rice or bread, an egg and milk.”理解可知。小题5:理解归纳题,根据文中语句理解归纳可知。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:初中英语
来源:不详
题型:阅读理解
Singles’ Day (光棍节)falls on every November 11th, and as the name suggests, this holiday is one specially for people who are still living the single life. It’s surprising that China is the only country in the world that has set up a special day for singles to celebrate(庆祝) their lives. To find out more about this celebration, read on. An old story goes that once there were four single men, leading very boring lives. None of them were married, or had lovers, or did anything exciting. They just sat around all day and played Mahjong(麻将). One day they played Mahjong from 11 in the morning until 11 at night. During the game, no matter who won, the winning card was always the 'Sitiao' card. And that day happened to be November 11th. In order to remember the day, they called it Singles’ Day. For breakfast on Singles’ Day, singles often eat four youtiao, which means the four "ones" in "11.11". Many singles also choose to say goodbye to their single lives on this day. So they take part in 'blind date' parties , trying to find someone they love and many people choose to marry on this day. Besides the meaning 'single', the four 'ones' of the date can also mean 'only one' as in 'the only one for me.' Some people will use this date and this meaning to tell their special someone that they are the only 'one' in their heart. 小题1:__________ first called November 11th Singles’ Day. A.The Chinese governmentB.People who have been marriedC.Four people playing MahjongD.People who don’t want to get married小题2:The Chinese meaning of the word “'blind date' parties” in this passage is “________”.A.盲人聚会B.相亲会 C.化妆舞会D.盲人党派小题3:Singles often have ________ for breakfast on Singles’ Day.A.some breadB.noodlesC.4 youtiaoD.nothing小题4:Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage? A.Singles’ Day is on November 11th. B.Singles’ Day is celebrated by no countries but China.C.Singles’ Day is for people who don’t have lovers. D.To celebrate Singles’ Day, people play Mahjong from from 11 in the morning until 11 at night.
The American expression “shoo-in” means someone or something that seems sure to win a race or competition. Before a big football game, supporters of each are certain to argue about which side will win. Sometimes, however, one team appears so much stronger than the others that everyone agrees it will win.. The stronger team is a shoo-in. There is no way that it can lose. The expression “shoo-in” comes from horse racing. It comes from the world “shoo”. That is not the shoe we wear on our feet. It’s another word, S-H-O-O. To shoo is an expression hundreds of years old that means to force an animal to move in a desired direction. Many years ago dishonest riders sometimes agreed secretly to control their horses so that one chosen horse would win the race. but one of the riders would hold back their horses. The chosen rider would shoo his horse ahead of the others, and win the race. The other riders would secretly bet large amounts of money that the chosen horse would win. The public soon learned about such about such race. They began to call the winners of such a race a “shoo-in” These days, people use shoo into describe any athlete or competition that seems certain to win, even without cheating. American runner Edewin Moses won more than hundred races before he ran the hurdle race in the 1984 Olympic Games. Everyone said Moses was a shoo-in, and that he could not lost. And they were right. He won the gold medal.阅读上面的短文,从每题所给的四个选项中,选出一个最佳答案小题1:One of the dishonest riders was sure to win the race because_______.A.be used to be the best in ridingB.the pubic had belief in himC.he could not control his horse easilyD.the other riders had agreed to fail in the race小题2:The reason why American runner Edewin Moses was regarded as a “Shoo-in” is _________.A.due to his honest in the races he ran in B.duo to his great effort(努力) shown in more than one hundred racesC.that he won over 100 competitions before the 1984 Olympic GamesD.that the old meaning of “shoo-in’ had changed小题3:Which is the following statement is not true?A.“Shoo-in” came from the word “shoo”.B.The US runner Moses was worthy of (配得上 ) a shoo-in.C.The public did not know they were being cheatedD.Some riders bet a lot of money on the chosen horse.小题4:The main idea of the passage is that “shoo-in” is_______.A.used for anyone or anything that is certain to win a gameB.used to admire( 钦佩 ) a person who seems to be sure to win a raceC.A word used to describe a dishonest personD.used for any athlete or competitor that too clever to be cheated小题5:In the last paragraph the author means to tell us ________.A.who Edewin Moses wasB.Moses won a lot of racesC.Moses was the best runners in AmericaD.We can use “shoo-in” to describe an excellent runner.
Sometimes we feel good, such as when we get good grades or when something good happens. Sometimes we feel bad, such as when we argue with our classmates or when the teachers criticize us. Both kinds of feelings are common. Of course, we all enjoy good feelings, but when we feel unhappy, sometimes we don’t know what to do about it. Here is a plan that will help you when your feelings are bothering you. I. ACCEPT your feelings. Say to yourself, “I am sad.” “I am seared.” “I am angry.” “I am embarrassed.” It’s all right to have these feelings. 2. RELAX and have a rest before you act. Take slow deep breaths (呼吸)and relax your body. Imagine that you are in a safe place. You can listen to some music or sing a beautiful song! 3. THINK about ways to help yourself. Thinking helps you do something smart instead of hurting yourself or making things worse. 4. DO something to help yourself. Maybe you can talk to someone, or do something you enjoy. If it doesn’t work, go back to Step3.小题1:We feel unhappy when&&&&&&&&&&&&&.A.we get good gradesB.everything goes wellC.someone is proud of usD.we have a fight with our classmates小题2:If you want to relax yourself before you act, you can&&&&&&&&&& .A.say to yourself, “I am sad.”B.listen to some music or sing a beautiful songC.think about ways to help yourselfD.watch thrillers with your friends小题3:The underlined part (划线部分) “If it doesn’t work,” in the passage probably means A.If it is brokenB.If it can’t interest youC.If it is wrongD.If it can’t help you小题4:Which of the following is NOT TRUE according to the passage?A.We felt good when we won the prize in the competition.B.We felt bad when we lost our expensive things.C.We can say to ourselves that we are pleased when we feel bad.D.We can tell someone about our bad feelings when we are sad.小题5:The passage tells us&&&&&&&&&&&& .A.what we can do when we feel unhappy B.we can do nothing when we feel badC.we all enjoy good feelings, but bad feelings are unusual to usD.what we can do when we feel happy
A good way to pass the exam is to work hard every day. You may not pass an exam if you word hard all the time before the exam. If you are getting ready for an English exam, do not only learn grammar rulers(语法规则)。 Try to read stories in Enlish and speak English Whenever you can. Before you start the exam, read the questions carefully. Try to understand the exact meaning of each question before you pick up your pen to write. When you finish you exam, read you answers once more, correct the mistake (错误)if there are any and make sure that you don’t miss anything out.小题1:How can you do well in exam?A.work hard every dayB.Read stories in EnglishC.Be careful in doing the questionsD.Read your answers carefully.小题2:Only learning rules of grammar&&&to passs an English exam.A.is enough (足够的)B.is not enoughC.is goodD.is not good.小题3:It is not a good way &&&&&A.to read English storiesB.to learn rules of grammarC.to speak English as much as possible (尽可能的)D.to work hard only a few days before the exam小题4:The word “ whenever ” means &&&A.every timeB.What timeC.at any timeD.forever (永远)小题5:Before you start the& exam &&A.read the answersB.correct the mistakeC.write the meaning of each questionD.read the questions carefully
I was quite close to my grandmother, Julia. We lived with her and then she lived with us. She was a very nice person, both kind and patient. She taught me to read and write when I was young and helped me to be interested in stories and poems. In my mind, my grandmother was a great tailor. She made clothes or toys better than anything you can buy in a shop today. She always made clothes for family and friends. My grandmother was also a hard worker both at home and at work. I can still remember the difficult time when we were very poor. At that time, my grandmother was already sixty years old but she worked in a hospital for a long time every day--not in the office but doing the cleaning outside and taking care of me at the same time while my mom was at work! My brother and sisters also love her. We will never forget our grandmother. She is really important in our lives and is always there for all of us in one way or another. I am proud to be her grandson.小题1:The writer's grandmother taught him to&&&&&&&&&when he was young.A.read and writeB.sing and danceC.draw and singD.play and learn小题2:His grandmother always made &&&&&&&&&for family and friends.A.cakes B.cardsC.mealsD.clothes小题3:While his mom was &&&&&&&&&, his grandmother took care of him.A.at homeB.at workC.out of workD.in hospital小题4:At the age of 60, his grandmother&&&&&&&&&in a hospital for a long time every day.A.made fine toysB.worked in the officeC.did the cleaningD.stayed with his mother
Being safe in your everyday life needs knowledge. you remember the following information,your life will be much safer.● Always notice the environment around you. You shouldn’t walk alone outside late at night. Make sure where the public phones are. If anything dangerous happens,you can find them easily.●Your bag should be carried towards the front of your body instead of putting it on your back。When a bus is full of people,it is easy enough for a thief to take away the things in the bag on your back.●If you are followed by someone you don’t know, cross the street and go to the other way, let the person understand that you know he or she is after you. Next,don’t go home at once. You are safer in the street than you are alone in your home or in a lift.●If you have to take a bus to a place far away, try to get to the stop a few minutes earlier before the bus leaves. On the bus,don’t sit alone. Sit behind the driver or other people. Don’t sleep.小题1:Which of the following is NOT safe when you are out?A.Go home alone late at night.B.Make sure where the public phones are.C.Your bag should be carried towards the front of your body.D.Always notice the environment around you.小题2:When you are followed by someone on your way home,you should ____ to make yourself safe.A.run homeB.find a lift and go inC.turn back and walk towards him or her at onceD.cross the street and go to the other way.小题3:When you take a bus alone,it’s safe for you______A.to sit behind the driver or with other people,but not to sleepB.to talk with the driverC.to call your friendsD.to get off the bus at once
I wonder whether there is any girl or boy who does not like to see a rainbow in the sky. It is so beautiful.There is a story, saying that whenever you see a rainbow you should run at once to the place where it touches the ground, and there you would find a pot of gold. Of course it is not true. You could not find the pot of gold or its end. No matter how far you run, it always seems far away.A rainbow is not a thing which we can feel with our hands as we can feel a flower. It is only the effect of light shining on raindrops. The raindrops catch the sunlight and break it up into all the wonderful colours which we see. It is called a rainbow perhaps because it is made up of raindrops and looks like a bow(弓).That is why we can never see a rainbow in a clear sky. We see a rainbow only when there is rain in the air and the sun is shining brightly through the clouds.Every rainbow has many colours in the same order. The first or the top colour is always red, and the next comes orange, then yellow, and last of all, blue. A rainbow is indeed one of the wonders of nature.小题1:Children like rainbows because &&&&&&&&&.A.they are beautifulB.they are like bowsC.they can find a pot of gold at the end of a rainbowD.they are good to crops小题2:We cannot feel&&&&&&&&&&with our hands.A.a pot of gold B.a flower C.a rainbow D.a raindrop小题3:We can see a rainbow&&&&&&&&&&.A.when it is raining heavilyB.when it is snowingC.when it is cloudy D.when it is becomes fine shortly after raining小题4:Which of the following statements is NOT true?A.A rainbow is like bow.B.A rainbow is the effect of light shining on raindrops.C.Every rainbow has different colours in different orders. D.A rainbow is one of the wonders of nature.小题5:The first colour of a rainbow is always &&&&&&&&&&.A.yellowB.redC.green D.blue
The earth moves round the sun ,and the moon goes round the earth .When our part(部分)of the earth turns to the sun ,it is day ,When our part of the earth turns away from the sun ,it is night. The sun is much bigger than the moon .But sometimes the moon looks bigger than the sun, because it’s much nearer to the earth. The sun is very bright .It gives a very strong light .The moon looks quite bright, too .But it doesn’t give any light at all. The moon looks much bigger and brighter than the stars .But actually(事实上), the stars are much bigger and brighter than the moon .They look smaller than the moon because they’re much farther away from us.小题1:Sometimes the moon looks bigger than the sun, because______.A.it is much bigger than the sunB.it comes out only at night C.it is much nearer to the earth than the sunD.it doesn’t give a very strong light小题2:The stars ______.A.look much bigger than the sunB.look much brighter than the moonC.are a lot brighter than the moon, but they are not bigger than the moonD.are much farther away from us than the moon小题3:When it is day, _______.A.our part of the earth turns to(转到)the moonB.the sun looks much smaller than the starsC.we can’t see any stars in the sky.D.the moon turns away from the sun
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!The page is temporarily unavailable
nginx error!
The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later.
Website Administrator
Something has triggered an error on your
This is the default error page for
nginx that is distributed with
It is located
/usr/share/nginx/html/50x.html
You should customize this error page for your own
site or edit the error_page directive in
the nginx configuration file
/etc/nginx/nginx.conf.We usually go to school (on foot)对括号内的提问.
How do you usually go to school
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
how do you uauslly go to school?
How do you
usually go to school ? on foot作方式状语,对方式状语划线用How提问
How do you usually go to school?on foot是步行
针对这个提问应该用 怎样
扫描下载二维码We usually have six lessons a day,and each of them ( ) 45 minutes.A.last B.lasts C.have D.need说明理由
B 您的支持就是我继续前行及帮助别人的动力 愿您与我一同携手传播『 爱心 』之种望采纳↖(^ω^)↗
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
选Blast最后的,形容词。若讲作动词持续,形势不对,each of 。。。+单谓(固定句型)也就是BC、D均为中文式英语,也是中国学生常犯的错误。
扫描下载二维码

我要回帖

更多关于 usually是什么意思 的文章

随机推荐