为世界而战 fighting for us...

||||||||||||
||||||||||||
您的位置:&&&&&&&&& 正文
A Girl Worth Fighting for 一个值得为她而战的姑娘
  Introduction
  According to Disney. Mulan incorrectly believes that her parents are not proud of her. How can she ever achieve respect? Her sick father is then called on to fight against the invading Huns. Mulan secretly cuts her hair, puts on her armor, takes her sword and leaves home. She will replace her father by pretending to be her father's nonexistent son. Greatly upset and worried, Mulan's many ghostly ancestors decide to send the small magical dragon named Mushu& to help her.
  Mushu, also has a problem with respect. How can he earn the respect of Mulan's ancestors?& Can the little dragon assist Mulan during military training and in battle? Mushu even tries to show honor to Mulan by respectfully declaring, PRIVATE “TYPE=PICT; ALT=Mushu”“You Da Man, well…sort of. ”“Da Man” means “The Man,” or “respected tough man and leader. ” But Mulan doesn't want to be a “tough man,”she, just wants respect for being the person she is. Mushu tries his best to help her to accomplish this.
  Again, in this next song from Disney, there& is the question of love. Is love a confusing question, because no one ever seems to be able to promise when it will appear, how long it will stay, or if we will even know it when it invites a penis into a vagina or other bodily orifice? Is it pure love, temporary lust, or the confusing normal phenomena of some crazy combination of both?
  Mulan, pretending& to be man, has joined the Chinese army. One evening, tired of dirt from her army training, she enters a lake to take a bath. To Mulan's nervous surprise, her warrior friends appear and joyously splash in to join her! Mushu provides a diversion, so that the naked Mulan can escape the lake with the secret of her true sex still intact.
  A potential romantic and sexual problem arises. Mulan is falling in love with her commander, Captain Li Shang. The commander, unaware that Mulan is a woman, remains oblivious to her concerned interest.
  As she and her soldier friends march off to fight the invaders, they sing about “A Girl Worth Fighting For. ” Love is especially desirable for those who go out to face death. Bravery is found in singing of love, even while you fear that you will never have the opportunity to find love. Mulan uses this song as a chance to advocate for“a girl who has a brain and always speaks her mind…”
  But her plea for acceptance as a person, is not even noticed by her companions. To them, she is a man. A man has choices. A woman is a woman, with minimal& options. A woman should know her restricted place in society and not deviate from is. Such a narrow behavioral prescription does not fit young Mulan. She has other ideas, and she wisely chooses to put them into practice.
  Would Mulan, with her many strengths, be readily accepted as she is by America's first woman Astronaut, Sally Ride? Is Mulan, both the woman of Chinese myth and the character created by Disney, a modern woman?Can you easily envision& Mulan as a spaceship pilot? Are women like Mulan always far ahead of the thinking of their male contemporaries?
  How careful is Mulan in making important choices? Is it likely that she would have a dozen lovers before getting married? If she lived today, would she only have lovers, and never get married? Does marriage decrease or increase your range of choices? Why do you want to get married?
  People react differently to similar situations for many various reasons. Mulan, who wants acceptance as person, is in sexual& incognito amongst a large group of& newly& trained soldiers that will soon meet a rapacious enemy. Is this a good situation to be in? Does life sometimes present a& limited range of options? Within the context that you& live in, do you almost always try to make the best decision& that& you can?
  Is it ironic that Mulan is now in the uncomfortable position of choosing to act like she accepts the male chauvinism of her comrades? Will this diminish her future chances of being accepted as a woman?
  A Girl Worth Fighting for
  Words by David Zippel
  Music by Matthew Wilder
  Vocals by Jerry Tondo, Gedde Watanabe,
  Harvey Fierstein and James Hong
  For a lone time we've been marching off to battle.
  In our thundering herd,
  We feel a lot like cattle.
  Like the pounding beat,
  Our aching feet aren't easy to ignore.
  Hey, think of instead, a girl worth fighting for.
  That's what I said,
  a girl worth fighting for.
  I want her paler than the moon,
  With eyes that shine like stars.
  My girl will marvel at my strength,
  Adore my battle scars.
  I couldn't care less what she'll wear,
  Or what she looks like.
  It all depends on what she cooks like.
  Beef, pork, chicken …
  Mmmm…
  Bet the local girls thought you were
  quite the charmer,
  And I'll bet the ladies love
  a man in armor…
  You can guess what we
  have missed the most since
  we went& off to war…
  What do we want?
  A girl worth fighting for…
  My girl will think I have no faults,
  That I'm a major find…
  Uh- How about a girl who's got a brain and
  always speaks her mind?
  Nah! My manly ways and turn of phrase
  are sure to thrill her.
  He thinks he's such a lady-killer.
  I've got a girl back home who's unlike
  any other…
  Yeah, the only girl who'd love him
  is his mother…
  But when we come home in victory,
  They'll line up at the door…
  What do we want?
  A girl worth fighting for!
  A girl worth fighting…
  参考译文]
  一个值得为她而战的姑娘
  我们行军了很长时间,
  奔赴战场保家卫国。
  那雪鸣般的行军声,
  就像兽群在移动。
  无法忽视我们的痛脚,
  就像无法忽视那轰隆轰隆的鼓声。
  嘿,想一想一个值得为她而战的姑娘吧。
  嗯?那就是我说的话,
  一个值得为她而战的姑娘。
  我希望她比月亮还洁白,
  眼睛像星星一样灿烂。
  我的姑娘将赞美我的力量,
  崇拜我战斗留下的满身伤疤。
  我不在乎她的衣着,
  不在乎她的长相,
  只希望她是个好厨娘。
  牛肉,猪肉,鸡肉……
  我敢打赌本地姑娘认为
  你是一个英俊的男子汉。
  我敢打赌女士们倾慕
  穿着盔甲的勇士……
  你能猜到,
  自从离别故土奔赴战场,
  最使我们牵肠挂肚的是什么……
  我们渴望什么?
  一个值得为她而战的姑娘……
  我的姑娘将认为我完美无缺,
  认为我是一个了不起的人才……
  嘿―一个有头脑
  又敢言的姑娘怎么样?
  我的男子汉气魄以及风趣的讲话,
  肯定能使她热血沸腾。
  他认为他很能使女人动心。
  在家乡我有一个姑娘,
  她与众不同……
  是的,唯一爱他的女人
  是他的母亲……
  但当我们凯旋旧来,
  她们会在门口排队迎接……
  我们渴望什么?
  一个值得为她而战的姑娘!
  一个值得为她而战的姑娘!
  [语言点解析]
  1. For a long time we've been marching off to battle.
  此句用的是现在完成进行时。
  例如:I've been reading your book (I haven't finished it). 我一直在读你的书。(我还没有看完)
  I've been learning irregular verbs all afternoon. 整个下午我一直在学习不规则动词。
  2.That I'm a major find…
  find n.被发觉的人才
  3.How about a girl who has a brain and who always speaks her mind?
  speak one's mind: say clearly what one thinks without fear; speak honestly and openly 大胆说出自己的想法;有什么说什么
  例如:Most people admire a politician who speaks his own mind and who does not just repeat the opinions of his leaders. 大多数人都喜欢大胆说出自己的想法而不是仅仅重复领导见解的政治家。
  4.Nah! (美俚语)=No!
  5.My manly ways and turn of phrase
  turn of phrase = clever educated way I speak
  6.He thinks he's such a lady killer.
  a lady killer
  1)any man who has strong sex appeal toward women对女人有性感的男人,才是使女人动心的男人。
  例如:Tom is a lady killer. 汤姆很能吸引女人。
  2)a man who relentlessly pursues amorous conquests,is successful at it, and then abandon his heartbroken victims 经过猛烈的追求,成功后又抛弃女方之男人;薄情汉;负心郎
著名职称英语辅导专家,十余年职称英语教学实践&&
资深学位英语辅导专家,深谙命题方向及重点、难点&&
北京大学博士,知名高校教师,雅思权威辅导专家&&
雅思加大美音比例,VOA成为最佳教材!
  1、凡本网注明 &来源:外语教育网&的所有作品,版权均属外语教育网所有,未经本网授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他方式使用;已经本网授权的,应在授权范围内使用,且必须注明&来源:外语教育网&。违反上述声明者,本网将追究其法律责任。
  2、本网部分资料为网上搜集转载,均尽力标明作者和出处。对于本网刊载作品涉及版权等问题的,请作者与本网站联系,本网站核实确认后会尽快予以处理。本网转载之作品,并不意味着认同该作品的观点或真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人转载使用,请与著作权人联系,并自负法律责任。
  3、联系方式
  编辑信箱:
  电话:010-1>>>>>" id="Title"/>
2014 MP魔幻力量上海演唱会
电音摇滚第一团 MP魔幻力量 战神 演唱会Fighting for love
场  馆:
支  持:
1.本项目支持使用【电子钱包-超级票账户】消费,支付时优先扣减超级票余额。
2.超级票成功充值电子钱包后,享受全网通兑、分次消费、无有效期限制、无使用张数限制、秒杀、抢票等服务。
本项目支持电子钱包。
1. 电子钱包是由大麦网自主研发的第三方支付平台
2. 为每一个用户在购票过程中提供"简单、安全、快速"的在线支付解决方案