how to be wimpymore clever?

当前位置:
>>>Do you know how to be street smart? Being street smart mean..
Do you know how to be street smart? Being street smart means knowing how to keep yourself safe from strangers when you’re alone or with other kids.&&1&&.Most strangers aren’t dangerous and wouldn’t do anything to hurt kids. Unfortunately, though, some strangers can be dangerous, and it’s impossible to tell who’s OK and who’s not. &2&That’s why it’s important to follow these safety rules all the time.Make your whereabouts known. The adult who’s taking care of you needs to know where you are and when you’ll be coming home.3&It’s more fun and safer to do things with friends. Traveling with a friend whenever you can is a good idea, and traveling with a group of kids is even better.&4&Safe spots are places where you can stop if you need help, like the houses of kids you know, the houses of your parents’ friends, police stations, libraries, and fire departments. When you’re walking or riding your bike, make a mental note of the safe spots along your route. That way, you’ll know where they are in case you ever need one.& 5&You’ve probably been told lots of times that you should not yell and keep quiet. But when you think you might be in danger, it’s the perfect time to be noisy! If a stranger approaches you, follows you or tries to grab you, yell as loudly as you can and try to get away. People in the area will hear what’s going on and help you , so make plenty of noise.A.stick with (紧跟,不离开) a friend.B.Pick out safe spots.C.It helps you stay safe.D.Shout “help” when necessary.E. Go to school with your friends.F. Make a lot of noise if you’re scared.G. A dangerous person doesn’t necessarily look scary.
题型:阅读理解难度:偏难来源:不详
小题1:C小题2:G小题3:A小题4:B小题5:F小题1:根据Being street smart means knowing how to keep yourself safe from strangers when you’re alone or with other kids可知,小题2:根据some strangers can be dangerous, and it’s impossible to tell who’s OK and who’s not可知,小题3:根据It’s more fun and safer to do things with friends可知,要跟朋友在一起小题4:根据Safe spots are places where you can stop if you need help可知小题5:根据But when you think you might be in danger, it’s the perfect time to be noisy可知
马上分享给同学
据魔方格专家权威分析,试题“Do you know how to be street smart? Being street smart mean..”主要考查你对&&序数词&&等考点的理解。关于这些考点的“档案”如下:
现在没空?点击收藏,以后再看。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
序数词的概念:
表示顺序的数称为序数词。如:first, second, third, fourth。序数词的构成与用法:
1、序数词的构成:①一般来说,是由相应的基数词加词尾th构成。&& 例:four+th→fourth&&&&&&&&&& six+th→sixth &&&&&&&&&& seven+th→seventh&&&&&&&&&& ten+th→tenth②下面这些基数词在变为序数词时,有特殊的变化。例:one→first&&&&&&& two→second&&&&&&& three→third&&&&&&& five→fifth&&&&&&& eight→eighth&&&&&&& nine→ninth&&&&&&& twelve→twelfth③十位整数序数词的构成方法是将基数词的词y变成i,然后再加eth。例:twenty→twentieth&&&&&&& thirty→thirtieth&&&&&&& forty→fortieth&&&&&&& ninety→ninetieth④两位或两位以上的基数词变成序数词时,仅将个位数变成序数词。例:twenty-one→twenty-first&&&&&&& thirty-five→thirty-fifth&&&&&&& a hundred and fifty-three→a hundred and fifty-third2、序数词的用法:①序数词在使用时,一般加上定冠词。例:the first book&&&&&&& the second floor&&&&&&& the third day&&&&&&& the fourth week.②序数词在多数情况下都用作定语,有的也可以作表语、主语和宾语。例:The may1st is Labour Day. 五月一日是劳动节。&&&&&&& My room is on the second floor. 我的房间在二楼。&&&&&&& The first is larger than the secon.(主语)第一个比第二个大。&&&&&&& Read the book from the first.(宾语)从开头读这本书。&&&&&&& You'll be the sixth to write.(表语)你将是第六个写的。③序数词的前面可以加上不定冠词,用来表示“再一”,“又一”的意思。例:You may have a third try. 你可以第三次尝试。序数词知识体系:
&约数的表达方法:
用tens/dozens/scores/hundreds/thousands/millions&of 表示“几十、几百、上千、成千上万”等。 如:The&boy&bought&dozens&of&pencils.&& &&&& &&&& &&&&&& &Thousands&of&people&died&in&the&earthquake. 注意: (A):dozen,&score,&hundred,&thousand,&million等表示确切数量时,不用复数。 如:five&dozen&(of)&eggs&&&五打鸡蛋&&&&&&& hree&hundred&people& 三百个人
分数词的构成和用法:
1)分数词构成法:分数词(FractionalNumerals)由基数词和序数词构成,基数词代表分子,序数词代表分母。除了分子为1的情况下,序数词都要用复数形式:如:1/4:one-fourth&&&&&&& 5/9:five-ninths&&&&&&& 2/3:two-thirds&&&&&& 17/5:three and two-fifths&&&&&&&7/12:seven-twelfths&&&&&& 379/8:forty-seven and three-eighths此外还有下面表示法:如:1/2:a(one) half&&&&&&& 1/4:a(one) quarter&&&&&&& 3/4:three-quarters&&&&&&& 9/4:two and a quarter&&&&&&& 3/2:one and half &&&&&&& 31/4:seven and three quarters
发现相似题
与“Do you know how to be street smart? Being street smart mean..”考查相似的试题有:
402510410518336291432011360352446540HOW CLEVER ARE YOU?
At school, your grades are?
D to E and if you're lucky a C.
A* to A+ every time.
F. Who cares about school work
A to B and occasionally a C.
How hard to you find your homework?
IT'S SO HARD I'M UP ALL NIGHT DOING IT.
Quite easy. It usually takes about 30 minutes to complete.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy! It takes me five minutes!
I'm not very bright so about 2 hours.
How smart do you think you are?
Extremely underachieving. I have a tutor for everything
I'm kind of smart. I don't struggle with school work.
Really smart. I'm the brain box in our class.
Underachieving. I struggle with the work set for me.
What is 22+22?
Is it 45 I think.
44. I knew it straight away.
2222. Duh.
Umm.... 44.
What type of school do you attend?
A public one.
School? What's school?
A pretty decent private school.
The strictest boarding school in the world.
What is your favorite subject at school?
Ummm.......... lunchtime?
Anything academic like math or English.
Drama and art.
How many friends do you have?
A few close friends.
I am the height of popularity. The whole school is dying to be my BFF.
None. I don't have time to giggle and be silly.
I'm quite popular. I'm good friends with the people in my class
What is your IQ?
About 130.
What's a IQ?
Infinity. I'm so clever you can't measure my IQ.
Ummmmmmmmmmmm......... 9?
7. Got it in 2 milliseconds.
Are you a teacher's pet?
What do you take me for? A nerd?
Of course I am.
There are currently 0 comments to display.
Write email to:
Rate this quiz!
Other testsHow to Be More Clever - CollegeHumor Post
How to Be More Clever
There are several good ways one can become more clever.
For example, one could read books.
Reading the complete works of say, Heidegger, is almost guaranteed to raise one's intelligence quotient, at least by a smidge.
One might also dedicate one's life to the study of something like linear metathesis in, say, Fijian.
Or, one might study something like aerospace engineering, or biochemistry, or inferential statistics, or cryptography.
That is not your case.
You are putzing around the Internet trying to read something that'll teach you how to be smarter.
You need a shortcut.
The shortcut is, obviously, to appear more clever without actually improving the frequency of your synapses.
Here are six tested ways to make yourself appear smarter to other people:
1. Make no sense. This may not be difficult to achieve, but it is difficult to sustain. Inevitably, you will find yourself in a situation when you'll have to identify the sense and avoid making it.
That requires some level of a priori cleverness.
In this case, you may be able to fake cleverness by responding to everything others say with sarcastic sneers. Sarcastic sneering is not clever, but it's close enough.
2. Short Sentences It's likely that you already make no sense. In that case, do it in shorter sentences.
The shorter, the better.
Perhaps in time and with practice, you may be able to restrict your participation in any conversation to the same seven or eight words, and pull it off with a straight face. Furthermore, if you could reduce that to grunting and never making eye contact, you will appear very intimidating and people will assume that you are absorbed in your clever thoughts.
3. Be short. Short people always seem smart. This well-known fact has been proven time and time again by numerous scientific studies around the world, so I won't elaborate.
4. Make Riemann your friend.
It doesn't really have to be R anyone who went to Gottingen is fine, however it should be somebody that no one's actually heard of, but who is famous enough in esoteric circles that their name will bring up thousands of Google search results. In fact, you could pick a name randomly, precisely by Googling any of the following disciplines: formal logic, mathematical analysis (but not calculus — that's not sexy), ontology, or petrology.
Note: Existentiali stay away from it. And from abstract art. Abstract art is so ridiculous, that the premise of any opinion about it is nonsensical. You might spit out a short sentence that makes no sense and accidentally say something appropriate. Don't fall for that: you don' you want to be more clever.
Once you picked your clever reference, use it often and, if possible, in casual situations. That's when your friends will have their proverbial pants down and you can stick it to them good with your cleverness.
I'll illustrate this with a real-life example: I used to have an e-mail username called fregeforbeginners.
This handle cleverly implied that not only did I know who Frege was, but that I knew enough about him to teach his work to beginners.
Basically, people saw my handle pop-up and immediately assumed I was at least an intermediate Frege scholar.
5. Avoid speaking with people face to face.
You will most certainly say something stupid. (Making no sense is not the same as saying stupid things.) If you must communicate with another human being, do it over e-mail or handwritten notes. Notes are better, because they take a long time to be delivered, thus increasing your chances to be even less relevant. They also present you with the opportunity to be undisputed, which is rare and should not be wasted.
For example, you might write in a note to your boss, "Ask yourself: are your shoelaces tied?" and doodle a stick figure with horns next to it. This is an excellent example of being clever in writing. For one, you would never get away with asking this in person, people would just think you' and, two, you couldn't draw a stick figure. But, if you sent someone a note, the following would happen:
a) People will actually ask themselves if their shoelaces are tied, simply because people love being told to ask themselves stuff.b) They will assume you're not talking about actual shoelaces (why would anyone spend 42 cents on a note about that?) and will rack their brains trying to figure out what you cleverly meant.c) The stick figure with horns is your real pot of gold. If you can – and I'm sure you can – make it look really dumb. People will be moved by your child-like genius. Additionally, horns are very scary and people always think scary stuff is clever. They just do.
6. Always end things abruptly. It's a little bit rude and so it gives you the upper hand.
Stock photo from
We like you. Do you like us too?

我要回帖

更多关于 how to be wimpy 的文章

随机推荐