when he is lone,hewhen will you comedo find me

Why do people hate me?Liberals Love to See Suffering, Tell You About It -- and Do Nothing to Solve It - The Rush Limbaugh Show
Dittos,&!&
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
EIB WEB PAGE DISGRONIFIER
Liberals Love to See Suffering, Tell You About It -- and Do Nothing to Solve It
Liberals Love to See Suffering, Tell You About It -- and Do Nothing to Solve It
February 06, 2015
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: So here is Brian Williams.
They love revisiting Katrina, don't they?
The Drive-Bys just love going back to that period of time, 'cause they love using Katrina to hang Republicans and to hammer George W. Bush, and to hammer the fact that Republicans don't like people. The Republicans are racist, sexist, bigot homophobes, and so when Katrina flooded New Orleans, it was okay with the Republicans, because the people that live there vote Democrat.
They love to go back and talk about Katrina.
But if they want to revisit Katrina, they may have to resign, 'cause it turns out a lot of what was so-called reported out of there probably was a series of big lies.
I don't doubt that for a minute.
Here Brian Williams from 2006.
This is Michael Eisner, the former Disney CEO, interviewing Brian Williams.
He said, "Your change after Katrina was clear to me. All of a sudden, it was no longer Tom B it was you.
Something must have happened down there that were no longer in waiting to go on stage.
You were the stage, Brian.
What was it in New Orleans that you saw that matured a mature man?"
When you look out of your hotel room window in the French Quarter and watch a -- a man float by face down -- when you see bodies that you last saw in Banda Aceh, Indonesia, and swore to yourself that you would never see in your country... I beat that storm.
I was there before it arrived.
I rode it out with people who later died in the Superdome.
Well, if they did, why didn't you take them with you?
If people died in the Superdome and you didn't die, why didn't you take them with you, Brian?
I've often wonder about these people like Sally Struthers. They go over to sub-Saharan Africa and they're asking us to send money for hungry people, and I'm shouting, "Sally, I'm sure you brought a caterer with you there.
Why don't you just feed 'em?
Give 'em your pimento cheese sandwich or something!"
BREAK TRANSCRIPT
So here's the former Disney CEO interviewing Brian Williams.
I don't even know what the event was, but Eisner wanted to know. (impression) "So, Brian, what happened, man?
Your change after Katrina, man, that was clear to me.
When you got back from Katrina, man, I saw a different guy.
I saw a guy... I saw a guy who was maturing! I saw a mature guy, Brian, who had matured even beyond maturity."
That's what Eisner said.
Eisner was really laying it on thick, "Boy, Brian, I am really impressed! You went down to Katrina, you saw a bunch of suffering, you saw a bunch of destruction.
How did that change you, Brian?"
This is so part and parcel of the ingredients necessary to be a good news reader. You have to have this myth about you that you have seen suffering, and that you can't abide it -- and that when you saw suffering, you had to go into journalism so that you could call attention to the suffering!
Because the suffering is incomprehensible, and the suffering is insufferable, and the suffering is intolerable, and so... This is my exact point about liberalism.
You see suffering -- this is why it's such an easy thing to do, to be a liberal.
You see suffering, and you go where it is, and you tell people what you're seeing.
In this case, he made it up.
But, nevertheless, you go watch people suffer, you point out how they're suffering, then you point a fingers of blame at the Republicans (if you want to put icing on the cake).
And you tell everybody how rotten it is, how sad it is, how unfortunate it is and, "How could this possibly be in our great country? Oh, my God, look at the suffering!"
You don't actually do a thing about it. You don't actually solve anything.
You just go look at it, and then you tell people (sobbing) how bad it was (sniffling), and you tell people how moved you were and then guys like Michael Eisner come along and say, "Man, you blew me away.
You've just really matured, Brian."
All of this is just playacting.
It's buzz. It's symbolism over substance.
As I say, pick your journalist and pick your episode of suffering and ask yourself, "What do they do to solve it?"
They don't.
They advance a political agenda when they see suffering.
They blame their political opponents for it.
They blame the Republicans or they blame talk radio or they blame whoever is the villain of the day.
They look at the suffering, and the wring their hands, and they chide all of us.
"How dare you allow this to happen!
How dare we permit this to happen!
"I can't believe I'm watching this in the United States.
Look at that dead body floating down the river there, face down, in the French Quarter."
Except that didn't happen.
But it sounds really good. (sobbing) "And then after I saw the dead body, oh, my God, I got dysentery!
Oh, jeez, I suffered, too, I suffered so much when I brought you the suffering."
Never mind, and nothing was done.
That's how you get your chops in the news.
So Eisner says, "Wow, man, you really, really, really impressed me, when you chronicle aaaaall of that suffering."
But nothing happened.
It's classic, folks.
You know, I first became aware of this tactic -- and that's what it is. It's a tactic, and I think it's probably taught in journalism school.
I first became really aware of this tactic when I was in Sacramento. It'd have been .
It was Thanksgiving afternoon.
Sacramento's in the Pacific Time zone, so the football games start at 9:30 in the morning, and 1:30 in the afternoon.
There was no Thanksgiving night game then so.
So the late-afternoon Thanksgiving game was at 1:30 on the Left Coast, which is when a lot of people are doing Thanksgiving.
The news networks that were not covering the football games all sent their local reporters to the homeless shelters.
At halftime of the football game they cut away to local news, and they took us to the homeless shelter.
Now, here people are gathered around their Thanksgiving tables.
And in the middle of the halftime, we get a local news story of an infobabe or an anchor, a reporterette inside the homeless shelter watching dirty, filthy, sad, homeless people being fed by the courageous standing in line at the food kitchen. And they're stuffing food in their mouths like they have not eaten in days. And the infobabe or the reporter looks at us and essentially says, "How can you sit there the middle of the football game and be enjoying your Thanksgiving dinner when these people a few miles away from you are suffering and are starving?
"And their Thanksgiving is to sit around a bunch of fellow hobos in a homeless shelter," and they guilt trip you, while you have nothing to feel guilty about. You're at home with your family, you're wherever you are and you're watching the game in the halftime newscast, and that's when I first became aware of this tactic: The guilt. By the way, it predates this.
I'm just telling you when I first learned about it.
I've been taking classes at the school of liberalism all my life.
I can tell you various days I learned and had epiphanies, and this was one of them.
This is how they do it.
It's where I evolved my belief that liberalism is the most gutless thing you can do. You don't have any solve anything.
All you've got to do is say you're really troubled by what you're watching, and then be able to blame the right people for it.
Do you know that Brian Williams' coverage of Hurricane Katrina won NBC News the coveted DuPont Columbia Journalism School Award for Journalism?
Did you know that?
They're not gonna give it back.
But they won an award.
This is exactly what happens.
Nothing that was reported was true, or very little of it was.
There certainly wasn't a dead body floating down a river in the French Quarter 'cause there wasn't a flood in the French Quarter.
But this is how it works.
They get awards for this.
But they never solve anything.
Never is anything ever done about any of this that we are shown.
Nope. We're just blamed for it.
For not caring, for not paying high enough taxes, for voting for Republicans.
The Republicans are blamed because they're cold-hearted, mean-spirited extremists that only want tax cuts for the rich.
You know that drivel.
That's how they do it, and it looks like Brian got caught in the midst of, shall we say, exaggerating a bit the suffering that he saw.
So now there are all kinds of people looking into as much video as they can find and trying to find other examples.
So the real question's gonna be, "What's NBC gonna do?"
Now, in the real world, he'd already be gone.
In the old real world, where people really cared about their reputation. I'm talking about NBC News cared about their reputation. If your business is "the news," and if you are competing with other networks in "the news," and one of the ways you try to get more viewers than anybody else is you're right, you're first, you are trusted. Your news division has credibility and integrity and honesty.
If you believe in all that, and that's what you tout, and this comes along?
In the old days, John Chancellor would not have survived this, neither would Brinkley or Huntley, but Brian's too big to fail, they're saying.
Now it's as competitive. We talked about this yesterday that the news media no longer has a monopoly like it did back in the days of Huntley Brinkley and Chancellor and those guys.
Now they're openly competing in the news business with us here and others in the alternative media, and that competition has changed everything.
Do you think the New England Patriots would bench Tom Brady if it ever is proven that he deflated the footballs?
Well, then do not expect NBC News to cap Brian Williams here.
It's the same thing.
It's the... (interruption).
No, it doesn't matter.
Integrity of the game, all that sort of stuff?
If the Patriots would not bench Brady if he's ever found to actively orchestrated the deflation of those footballs or whatever it is. If he was behind Spygate.
I don't care what it is.
You know they would never bench Brady.
They wouldn't. The Patriots wouldn't.
Then the league, you know, would they suspend him?
They... (interruption)
The news is a game!
That's my point.
The news is a competitive enterprise now.
They've always wanted to be immune from bottom-line concerns, they've always wanted to be immune from the traditional notions of competition in business, because they thought their mission was so far more important than those silly little concerns like earning a profit.
"(Snort!) Don't kid us.
We're bigger than profit," they always thought.
In the era of media competition now, they're not going to allow their quarterback to be taken out of the game like this.
They'll find ways... I'll make a prediction.
Look for reports in days ahead of other anchors at other networks doing the same thing.
Not to embarrass or get those other anchors in trouble, but to create impression, "Hey, everybody does it, and so what?
Nobody get killed.
Nobody died.
Just a helicopter.
It was just some guy floating down the river.
"You know it happened somewhere. Even if it was in China, there was a guy that day probably floating dead down the river somewhere in the world. Okay, it wasn't New Orleans, but it happened, we all know it happens."
And they'll find some example of -- pick an anchor, infobabe, making the same things up or different things up about a different kind of story, and they'll try to say at NBC, "Everybody does it," as a way of taking the focal point away from Brian Williams.
Mark my words.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: This is Phillip in Sugartown, Ohio.
Great to have you on the program.
Hey, Rush. I was listening to you yesterday and somewhat is it today, and you seem like you're making this a contemporary phenomenon that reporters would lie when in fact this has been going on-for-as long as I've been alive and reading or watching the news.
You had Edward R. Murrow going after Joseph McCarthy, completely unjustified.
You had the New York Times and their coverage of Stalin's kangaroo trials.
You had Edward R. Murrow (sic) saying "the war is lost" after the Tet offensive in which we kicked everybody's rear end.
No, that was Cronkite.
Walter Cronkite.
Yeah, Edward R. Murrow...
The most trusted... Edward R. Murrow is just McCarthy.
So you had these days --
I don't think it's a contemporary problem.
I probably have... If there's been a consent theme, more than any other topic on this program for the last 27 years, it's been the media.
So no, I'm fully aware that the media is not news, that it isn't journalism, that it really isn't even reporting.
My creative ways of describing what I think it is, change, but the Brian Williams example's just the latest and it's one of the most glaring.
It's right up there with Dan Rather making up a story about Bush and the National Guard.
Rather, that's the one time, the one egregious error of his that we know.
I don't know if we know how many others, but there's more than one example here with Brian Williams.
But, no. I'm sorry that you have the impression that I think this is something that's never happened before.
Because I clearly think the exact opposite. (interruption)
I know, that's what I said: I've chronicled every step of the way for 26, 27 years here.
But the events that you talk about, like you mentioned Edward
R. Murrow and the New York Times ignoring Stalin and the famine and all that, those were not eyewitness accounts.
A reporter inventing, making up eyewitness accounts? That's something that doesn't happen every day.
Sure the media is pro-Soviet.
Yeah, they stood aside while Stalin conducted his famine, and the New York Times got a Pulitzer for ignoring it.
I know the McCarthy thing, all that.
But this... This is a guy who said he was somewhere, and this happened, and he wasn't, and it didn't.
On numerous occasions, in different places.
You know, the media would have you believe that Ferguson, Missouri, happens every day, multiple times a day, right?
Well, this really does!
This kind of stuff in the media -- making it up, shaping it, doing a narrative -- happens every day.
This just happens to be a little bit glaring because it is an eyewitness account.
A reporter has made up an eyewitness account, and it is somewhat new.
Grab number 12.
This is Brian Williams after the... No, I played that.
Here's Howard Kurtz.
This is what was next.
Howard Kurtz, number 13.
This was what was on America's Newsroom on Fox today, and Jamie Colby is talking to Kurtz.
"That statement, pretty dramatic.
You said you were with him, you saw where he stayed. Do you believe the story about seeing a dead man floating in the river at Katrina?"
I have no way of knowing whether that particular anecdote is true or whether he embellished it.
He has told it to me.
I was not there at the time of the storm.
This was some months later.
He's treated like a hero there because he went so many times that he really was emotionally invested in that story.
I do think, you know, NBC, with its no-comments stance, almost has to stand behind Brian Williams because he is the face of the news division.
He is the top-rated anchor.
He is a bankable star.
He's almost too big to fail.
So there you have it. Howard Kurtz, said, "There's no way they can get rid of him. He's too big to fail. He's the face of the network."
They're not embarrassed, folks.
I mean, they may be behind the scenes, but not like you but.
But do you hear him? Do you hear? This is my exact point.
"He's treated like a hero there because he went so many times, he was so emotionally invested."
Yes, and what was his emotional investment?
He gazed upon suffering -- (Gasp!) Oh, my God! -- and it really hurt, and then he told us about it.
When he left, the suffering were still suffering, maybe even worse.
But he was emotionally invested, so he's better than us.
They can't get...
BREAK TRANSCRIPT
Get this, folks.
NBC News ran an ad back in October 2014 that began by saying Brian Williams has seen things he can never forget.
I tell you I know... Let me see if I can find it. It's a YouTube link.
Let me see if I can find the audio for this.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: Mr. Snerdley reminded me of something.
. It was February 2005.
One of the three or four plane trips that we took from site to site inside Afghanistan, was on a C-130 that was under the command of the Texas Air National Guard, a great, great crew.
The day we were to leave Kandahar and go to Bagram Air Force Base, completing a round robin from Bagram, we were gonna head back to Kabul.
This is near the end of the week, and I had all kinds of stuff on the plane to pass out at the base in Bagram.
You know, .
Within minutes of takeoff, within minutes after taking off from Kandahar, we had engine trouble on the right side. There are four engines on a C-130 Hercules.
We had engine trouble and had to circle back.
We didn't lose the engine, but something was wrong with it, and the pilot said, "It's too risky. So let's set back down at Kandahar."
So we had to come up with things to do in Kandahar.
Kandahar is right in the middle of the warlord country.
We had had dinner the night before with some local allies of ours, but there were some warlords, you know, on the fringes as well.
It was dangerous stuff.
Although everywhere we went had ample security.
And, by the way, we were protected by the independent contractor group that the Democrats hate. (interruption)
Blackwater. Yeah, the Blackwater guys were our security -- and man, did they make you feel safe.
These were no-nonsense guys. They were driving the SUVs.
You talk about corkscrewing?
Anyway, Snerdley said, "Can you imagine what would have happened to you if you would have come back and made up some heroic tale about how the pilot had had a heart attack and you -- having never flown an airplane -- had to take second seat in that airplane and bring it down?
"And you lost the engine, and it was touch and go, and you may not have made it? Can you imagine if you would have come back and embellished that story at all for your own benefit, can you imagine what they would be doing to you in the news if they ever found out about it?" I had to nod my head in acknowledgement. Mr. Snerdley had a great point.
But I... (interruption) Well, they'd be circling the wagons, and I'd be on the wagon, true.
Here is the difference.
I'm not looking for any gold stars.
Please don't misunderstand.
It never occur to me.
A, it would ever occur to me. It didn't happen, number one. But number two, even if I were so inclined, there were witnesses who would know I was making it up.
Witnesses who, by the way... These guys all loved me.
This Texas Air Guard crew, I didn't run into any.
I mean, I ran to a bunch of Democrats in the enlisted troops when did troop appearances and so forth.
They were nice.
They were cool.
But, I mean, these guys? I would have destroyed them if I'd have made up stories and so forth about my heroism during this trip. It would never occur to me to do that. That's another thing about this that just is kind of shocking. Those of us who know Brian Williams, this comes as a complete and total shock.
Now, apparently it's not a shock to those who know him well, inside NBC.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT
Here's that NBC ad.
I tol that we were gonna go out there and get it. We got it, we found it, and we have made it available.
This is an ad. It's the voice of actor Michael Douglas that NBC ran in the fall of 2014, I think. October 15, 2014.
I hope you remember my little dissertation on liberalism and the news media and suffering and how they parlay that.
Listen to the way NBC recorded a promo for Brian Williams.
Some battle scars are worn on the inside, formed by things you've seen you can never forget -- experiences that move you, inspire you, change you -- and for anyone who's been there, there's a secret.
It doesn't harden you.
It makes you more human.
It goes on to talk about "Brian Williams has seen things he can never forget."
That's a little tag line, "Brian Williams has seen things he can never forget," and, by the way, those things he saw are still there. (chuckles) He hasn't solved a damn one of them.
He's seen all that suffering somehow that makes him a better narrative reader. He's seen the suffering. "Oh, my God! Oh, my God! I knew when I saw that suffering, I had to go into journalism. I had to!
"When I saw that suffering I had to go into journalism, because I had to learn who to blame for it.
I found out in journalism school it was the Republicans' fault and whoever the Republican Party president was at the time.
That's who's responsible, 'cause they're racists, they're sexists, they're bigots, and they don't care."
So suffering is such a golden opportunity for a journalist, because it gives them an opportunity to advance their own agenda, blaming Republicans for it.
Somehow seeing suffering... It's the easiest, must gutless choice you can make.
"Look at that suffering! My God, oh, my God," and that alone qualifies you to read the news.
You don't have to solve it, you don't even have to meet the sufferer, you don't have to do a damn thing about it.
You just have to see it and then tell people (sniffling) how damn bad it was! You have to ask people, "How the hell can suffering like this happen in this great country?
Oh, my God, what are we doing?"
And that qualifies you for the anchor chair.
Meanwhile, whoever is suffering out there still is.
That's why I say, "Liberalism is the most gutless and easy choice you can make," and Brian Williams is even... 'Cause he found a way to suffer when he didn't even see any.
He made up the suffering.
In his case, his own.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT
Bucky in Bridgeport, Connecticut.
Great to have you with us on Open Line Friday.
Buenos dias, padre.
It's been 11 months since my last confession.
(laughing)
Well, make it count.
CALLER: Well, I'll try.
No way does Brian Williams survive this, Rush.
He has to go, and your comparison, if you don't mind, I confess to want to challenge you on your metaphor with Tom Brady who's basically an overgrown boy with deflated balls.
If you look at Brian Williams' situation, he is sitting at the NBC Evening News, a position which has, rightly or wrongly, been infused with trust based on his predecessors.
So to compare him to the NFL superstar quarterback I think is missing the point here.
Advertisers will run from this.
People will turn that off.
It'll be a laughingstock.
You know that the minds of the American public are being controlled entirely every day with television sets that are in every corner and nook and cranny of every building that exists.
Let me just jump in here for a second, Bucky.
I want to tell you one thing: I hope to God you're right, because it'll restore my faith in the fact that decency and just things as simple as manners and integrity and honesty still matter.
Because I am beginning to think that many of those characteristics have fallen by the wayside.
Look at the people that become celebrities and stars today by doing the exact opposite of what we're talking about.
Look at the renegades.
Look at the liars, cheats, thieves, whatever, that become huge curiosity points. They become huge stars, make big amounts of money.
There's no integrity whatsoever.
Or at least it's a dwindling amount.
Now, Dan Rather got canned, and look how long it took.
They did everything they could to save Dan Rather, but finally he got canned.
I hope you're right.
I hope I'm wrong in my assessment.
Well, what we're gonna get here, Rush, is the right result but for the wrong reason.
I'm afraid you're mistaken.
That type of integrity doesn't exist among these vermin, and that's why they're gonna be compelled to do this.
But the reasons are gonna be the money.
The same thing that makes the world go round.
And the advertisers and everybody else who is gonna run from this because nobody would have it on. It'd be a laughingstock to have Williams on the television on the evening news.
He has to go.
Look at what happened to Blumenthal, and here's the comparison.
You had Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut do the most despicable thing that a man can do.
And he got elected to the Senate!
No, keep this in mind.
But here's the difference.
Blumenthal lied about valor, claimed to be in the theater of war in Vietnam when he never left the comfortable confines of the state of Connecticut -- formerly the Nutmeg State, now called the Nutball State because it's all filled with nutballs.
And here's the difference --
He got elected.
He was protected.
Bucky, he got elected!
He is on powerful Senate committees!
I'm sure he got elected --
He got elected with everybody knowing that he lied about being in the middle of the Vietnam War.
Yes, and he got elected through election "frigging" in Connecticut, which is a combination of election fraud and election rigging.
But... (sigh)
You're missing my point.
You're claiming that the same thing happened to Blumenthal.
It didn't.
He triumphed over his lies.
Here's the difference.
See, he's in the protected United States Senate.
He's a Solon, you see. But this guy -- who's this news guy who reads the narrative? And thank God for you to point out that these people do nothing more than read the news, and he's the highest paid one in the business, and they're gonna bring a woman after him, too.
See, here's the other problem: There's a woman waiting in the wings to break that glass ceiling.
For a number of reasons, he's a marked man.
And the difference is that Blumenthal is protected, but... Tell me his name again. Who was this guy that is up for being fired or resigning?
Who's the man we're talking about here?
He's some pinhead.
Brian Williams.
Brian Williams.
See, he's not in the protected environment that Richard Blumenthal is in.
He's in a money driven, greed driven business.
Wait, wait, wait just a second.
Blumenthal wasn't in a protected club. I don't really want to focus on Blumenthal here, but we gotta maintain the analogy integrity here.
Blumenthal was not elected to the Senate.
It was in his campaign when it was discovered he'd lied about being in Vietnam, and he still got elected!
He had been attorney general of that state, and it came out during his campaign. He wasn't protected by being in the Senate.
He wasn't there yet.
Yes, but once he's in you see, he's protected.
That's why he can stay there.
He got elected through fraud and rigging.
Now, you understand that there has been no free and fair election in the state of Connecticut in the past 35 years.
This state is so corrupt wits called Corrupticut now.
I know people that go there.
I even go there once a year.
Sure, and they vote 15 time each! They vote early and often in Connecticut.
Like Chicago.
Blumenthal got there through rigging the same way that our president governor got here in the last two elections.
They abandoned the voting polls in my town of Bridgeport!
I told you I'm from Bridgeport, right?
I fly into Bridgeport when I go to Connecticut.
I know all about it.
I've been there.
I envision Bridgeport when you're on the phone here.
Well, we'll see.
I hope... You know, your claim that they're gonna have to dump him because of the money that the advertisers won't hang in,
that's another thing that I'm going to be watching very, very closely.
As I say, I hope you're right.
You claim, if he is fired, it won't be for the right reasons like lack of integrity, honesty, all that kind of thing.
It's gonna be because NBC can't find a way to get paid with him on the air.
That's not an illegitimate reason, by the way.
As you say, money makes the world go around.
It's not an illegitimate reason.
It may not be your preferred reason, but it's not an illegitimate one.
But we shall see.
You know, there's a lot of pressure being exerted on the other side of this, that if he is let go, that's a pretty big hit to allow against "the news," against journalism, against the liberal agenda.
They're trying right now to circle the wagons around this guy to make sure it doesn't count.
I got a couple sound bites.
I'll show you.
The Drive-By Media types are circling the wagons trying to protect him, because they're also trying to protect themselves and the agenda and what the narrative is.
That's what's really got 'em worried.
It's not so much that Brian's dangling, it's that what he stands for has been damaged, and that's the liberal agenda.
Anyway, Bucky, I'm glad you called.
We'll see. I hope you're right. Not sure.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: Here's F. Chuck Todd yesterday on Daily Caller, contributor Matt Lewis' website. He's the NBC, Meet the Press moderator.
Host says, "So what do you make of this Brian Williams story, Dude?
What do you make of it?"
I'm uncomfortable talking about it simply 'cause I haven't to Brian personally yet, and I kind of would rather talk to him first.
I know he's mortified by this, and even more mortified because veterans are so... I mean, the last group of people he wants to offend are veterans, and that's, you know, stingin' him the most. (big sigh) No one's having a harder time dealing with it than Brian.
Well, who did something to him?
He did this to himself.
What do you mean, he's having a hard time dealing with it?
It's not like he was sitting around and somebody started telling lies about him! I don't understand this.
"Yeah, he's really having a tough time. He's mortified by this.
Even more mortified because veterans are so important to him. My, God!" Well, he wasn't minding his own business and was under assault.
Brooke Baldwin on CNN yesterday.
This is an exchange she had with Stars & Stripes reporter Travis Tritten.
This is an attempt here to ask, "Why didn't you people in the military speak up sooner? Huh, huh?"
This happened back in 2003.
I mean, the accurate story was initially told on NBC News before the ... we'll call it this "evolution" of the story up until present day.
Why didn't any of these veterans who heard the story evolve over time come forward before now?
I think it might be a matter of nobody really listening.
RUSH: (sigh)
TRITTEN: They felt like this story had been mischaracterized for a long time.
And this last report last week by NBC where Brian Williams flatly claimed that he was on the aircraft, I think was the kind of final straw for them.
Right, final straw.
They'd looked the other way, weren't listening. I know why they didn't.
Honor, integrity. Look, they're not ratting people out.
That's not what they do.
The real question is not, "Why didn't the military speak up sooner?" What about all the people that work at NBC who knew this was going on?
What about all the cameramen, what about all the producers, what about all the directors, what about all the teleprompter writers?
I mean, do you realize the legion of people? These narrative readers don't do their jobs alone.
They can't do their jobs without an army of 30 people. Minimum! There had to be 30 people who knew this wasn't true, in the news media, before you even get to people on that helicopter.
Why didn't they speak up?
We just saw the story earlier today that Tom Brokaw has known it for a while.
Competing stories.
The New York Post last night said Brokaw wants Williams fired.
Brokaw told thing Huffing and Puffington Post that he doesn't, that he never said that.
But Brian's really feeling bad about this. F. Chuck Todd says he's really feeling bad. He's mortified by this.
Yeah? He didn't know he did it?
Somebody reminded him he did it and he'd forgotten about it and he's mortified?
How do you get mortified about something you do?
You get mortified when it gets discovered.
END TRANSCRIPT
Related Links
ADVERTISEMENT
Rush 24/7 Audio/Video
ADVERTISEMENT
Most Popular
EIB Features
ADVERTISEMENT

我要回帖

更多关于 when will you come 的文章

随机推荐