there are three times as manyboys girls lm.cas boys是什么意思

there are three times as many girls as boys是什么意思
there are three times as many girls as boys是什么意思
补充:为什么不是“男孩的人数是女孩的三倍”
女孩的人数是男孩人数的三倍。这是固定的了英语的倍数表达有以下一些句型:1)……倍数+形容词(或副词)的比较级+than This&hall&is&five&times&bigger&than&our&classroom.这个大厅比我们的教室大五倍。(是我们教室的六倍)2)……倍数+as+形容词(或&much)或副词+as Asia&is&four&times&as&large&as&Europe.亚洲的面积是欧洲的四倍。3)……倍数+the&size(length,height…)of This&street&is&four&times&the&length&of&that&street.这条街是那条街的四倍长。
女孩是男孩的三倍,,应该有个什么语境吧
倍数+as A as B,就表示A是B的几倍
其他回答 (3)
女孩人数是男孩的三倍
这一句的难点是times:次数,倍数
女孩数量是男孩的3倍
这个是句型,多看!没什么原因,它就是一个句型!只表示这种意思!
因为BOY接在第二个AS后
相关知识等待您来回答
外语领域专家&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&同步&&&&&&阅读:文档3
《创新方案》学年高中英语外研版必修一高效学习方案3步走+多角度演练:Module1 Section Ⅱ Introduction & Reading and Vocabulary ― Language Points(10份,含解析)
与好友分享:
本套题中的其它文档外研版必修一一单元总复习_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
文档贡献者贡献于
评价文档:
12页1下载券28页免费71页2下载券6页免费4页1下载券11页免费6页5下载券6页5下载券5页5下载券5页5下载券
喜欢此文档的还喜欢18页免费58页免费21页免费33页5下载券93页1下载券
外研版必修一一单元总复习|
把文档贴到Blog、BBS或个人站等:
普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
大小:1.43MB
登录百度文库,专享文档复制特权,财富值每天免费拿!
你可能喜欢您的位置:&&
&&学年高一英语精品课件:Module 1 Introduction & Reading and Vocabulary(外研版必修一)
学年高一英语精品课件:Module 1 Introduction & Reading and Vocabulary(外研版必修一)
地区:全国
上传人:hAXo****@qq.com
版本:外研版
下载扣点:1点
上传时间:
已有5104人下载该资源
学年高一英语精品课件:Module 1 Introduction & Reading and Vocabulary(外研版必修一)
【知识拓展】 where引导的定语从句修饰抽象名词 where引导的定语从句既可以用于修饰表示地点的名词,又可以修饰抽象意义上的名词。现简单归纳如下: 1.修饰抽象名词point You reach a point where medicine can’t help. 你已到了药物无法治疗的地步。 注意:有时point也可以表示具体的地点。 The accident happened at the point where the A15 joins the M1. 事故发生在A15与M1交叉的地方。 2.修饰抽象名词case There are cases where the word “mighty” is used as an adverb. 在一些情况下,mighty一词可用作副词。 3.抽象名词activity Those successful deaf dancers think that dancing is an activity where sight matters more than hearing. 那些失聪的成功舞蹈演员们认为,舞蹈是一种看比听重要的活动。 4.修饰抽象名词situation You could get into a situation where you have to decide immediately。你可能遇上一种情况使你不得不立刻作出决定。 5.修饰抽象名词position It put me in a position where I can’t afford to take the job. 这使我陷入一种不能接受此工作的境地。 6.修饰抽象名词job She wants a job where her management skills can be put to good use.
她想找一份能使她的管理技能派上用场的工作。 7.It’s _______ that the hotel to be completed can hold more than 1,000 guests. A.said
B.being said C.to say
D.saying 【解析】选A。考查固定句式。句意:据说将要竣工的这家旅馆能容纳1,000多位客人。It’s said that为固定句式,意为“据说”,故选A。 【变式训练】 It’s said _______ Mary is going to marry John. A.that
D.where 【解析】选A。考查固定句式。句意:据说玛丽要嫁给约翰。It’s said that为固定句式,其中that后面的从句为真正的主语,It为形式主语。 8.The long speech ________ by that old professor seemed disappointing and endless.He felt so _______ that he nearly fell asleep. A. boring
B. boring C. bored
D. bored 【解析】选D。句意:那位老教授的演讲似乎很令人失望而且没完没了。他如此厌烦以至于都快睡着了。given by that old professor是过去分词短语作后置定语修饰speech;句中是说演讲让人失望,导致他感到厌烦,因此用bored。 9.You should give clear _______ for every step of the experiment. A.instructions
B.direction C.advice
D.teach 【解析】选A。句意:试验的每一步你都应给出明确的说明。instruction指示,说明,常用复数,符合句意。direction意为“方向”,也可表示“指示,说明”,但也常用复数;advice建议;teach是动词。 10.From his _______ look, I could see that he didn’t believe what I said. A.amazing
B.amaze C.amazed
D.amazement 【解析】选C。考查词义辨析。句意:从他吃惊的表情我看得出他不相信我所说的话。amazing令人吃惊的,令人惊讶的;amaze使吃惊;amazement吃惊,惊讶;amazed意为“吃惊的;惊讶的”,当被修饰的名词是face,smile,look等能表现人情感的名词时,通常用-ed形式的形容词,故选C。 11.There is ________ a holiday to make us feel relaxed. A.something like
B.anything like C.nothing like
D.everything like 【解析】选C。考查固定短语。句意:没有什么比假期能使我们感觉更放松。nothing like相当于nothing better than,意为“没有什么能比得上”。故选C。 12.(2013·天津高一检测)—Excuse me, Dad, but I’m going to the club to meet my friends in the football team. —OK. _______. A.Good luck
B.Congratulations C.With pleasure
D.Have fun 【解析】选D。考查情景交际。句意:——爸爸,我想去俱乐部见我足球队的朋友。——好啊。玩得开心。good luck祝你好运;congratulations祝贺你;with pleasure愉快地,高兴地,十分乐意。根据句意可知选D。 13.(2013·沈阳高一检测)The information tells me that the way of education in Canada is quite different from _______ in China. A.one
D.those 【解析】选C。考查that的指代用法。句意:信息告诉我加拿大的教育方式不同于中国的教育方式。根据句意可知空白处应该填入能够替代“the way of education”的词,此处the way of education是单数,又是“同类不同物”,因此要用that来替代,故选C。 【变式训练】 ①The price of tin is higher than _______ of copper. A.that
D.those 【解析】选A。考查that的替代用法。句意:锡的价钱比铜的价钱要高。此处that指代the price,为单数形式,不可用those,故选A。 ②The money spent educating a black child was just one fourth of _______ spent on each white child. A.those
D.one 【解析】选C。考查that的替代用法。句意:花费在教育每个黑人儿童上的金钱仅仅是每个白人儿童的四分之一。that此处指代the money,that作of的宾语,spent on each white child为过去分词短语作that的后置定语。 14.Peter’s jacket looked just the same as Jack’s, but it cost _______ his. A.as much twice as
B.twice as much as C.much as twice as
D.as twice much as 【解析】选B。考查倍数表达法。句意:彼得的夹克看起来和杰克的一样,但价格是杰克的两倍。此处倍数表达法为“倍数+as+adj.+as”结构,故选B。 15.In order to change attitudes _______ employing women, the government is bringing in new laws. A.about
D.on 【解析】选C。考查介词用法。句意:为了改变对雇用妇女的态度,政府正在提议新法律。attitude意为“态度,看法”,其后常接towards或to。故选C。 ③We used to drive too fast, just for fun. 我们过去常常开得太快,就为了好玩。 ④What fun it is to play a game after work! 工作之后玩游戏多有趣啊! 【即学活用】完成句子。 ①Those girls at the telephone office like to ___________ others. 电话所的那些女电话员们爱和他人开玩笑。 ②You’re sure to ________ at the party tonight. 你在今晚的派对上一定会玩得很开心。 ③Although he had only entered the contest ______, he won first
prize. 尽管他参加这次竞赛只不过是闹着玩儿而已,却赢得了一等奖。 make fun of have fun for fun 9. in a fun way 以一种有趣的方式 【语境领悟】 ①We do this in a fun way, with spelling games and other activities. 我们通过有趣的拼写游戏和其他活动来完成。 【归纳拓展】
in this way
用这种方法,这样 by this means
用这种方法,通过这种方式 with this method
用这种方法 ②Don’t keep getting onto the boy in this way, it will not do any good. 别老是这样训斥孩子,这不会有什么好处。 ③We can succeed in finding out the truth by this means. 我们可以通过这种方法找到真相。 【即学活用】用合适的介词填空。 ①I’ve heard you’ve cured many diseases ____ this method. 我听说过你们用这种方法治好了许多病。 ②Only __ this way can you solve this problem. 只有用这种方法你才能解决这个问题。 with in 10. They say that girls are usually more hard-working than boys, but in this class, everyone is hard-working. 人们说女生通常比男生更努力,但是,在这个班里,人人都很努力。 【句式分析】 They say that... “据说……” 是一个常用句型。they可以换成people,它还可以用下列两个句式表达: (1)It is said that... (that不能省略) (2)从句主语+ be said + to do sth. (to do的形式有各种时态的变化) People /They say that the book has been translated into French. =It is said that the book has been translated into French. =The book is said to have been translated into French. 据说那本书已经被翻译成了法语。 【想一想】与该句型用法类似的词还有几个,你能说出它们吗? 【参考答案】 report, think, hope, believe等都有这种用法。 【即学活用】句型转换。 They believe that good and free education for the children is necessary. →_______________ good and free education for the children is
necessary. →Good and free education for the children ______________ _________. It’s believed that is believed to be necessary 11. For our homework tonight, we have to write a description of the street where we live. 我们今天晚上的作业是,我们必须写一篇描写我们所居住街道的短文。 【句式分析】 (1)本句中where we live是定语从句,修饰the street,where在定语从句中作地点状语。 (2)当先行词是表示地点的名词,且在定语从句中作状语时,要用where来引导从句。 (3)write a description of意为“描写”,相当于动词describe。 ①He got into a situation where it is hard to decide what is right and wrong. 他陷入一种难以分辨是非的局面。 ②Now you write a description of a sport without using its name. 现在描述一种运动项目,但不要写出该项目的名称。 【即学活用】完成句子。 ①The bookshop ______________________ is not far from here. 我买这本书的书店离这里不远。 ②This is the house ____________ two years ago. 这是我两年前居住的房子。 ③Tom __________________________ his months of travel through this country. 汤姆详细地描述了穿越这个国家的数月旅行情况。 where I bought this book where I lived wrote a detailed description of 12. We’re using a new textbook and Ms Shen’s method of teaching is nothing like that of the teachers at my Junior High school.我们使用新课本,沈老师的教学方法一点也不像我们初中老师的教学方法。 【句式分析】 and连接两个并列分句。后一分句中that指代前文所提到的method of teaching。 that 用来替代前面出现的特指的单数名词或特指的不可数名词,相当于the+单数可数名词/不可数名词,指代的名词与前面的被替代词同类不同物 one 用来代替前面出现的泛指的单数名词,相当于a/an+单数可数名词,指代的是与前文同类的不同物。其复数形式是ones those 用来替代前面出现的特指的复数名词,相当于the +复数名词,指代的名词与前面的被替代词同类不同物 it 表示特指,指代前面提到过的同一个事物
【易混辨析】 ①The weather of Beijing is colder than that of Guangzhou. (that = the weather)北京的天气比广州冷。 ②His ideas are little different from those of his friends. (those =the ideas) 他的想法和他朋友们的想法没什么两样。 ③—Where did you find your watch? —I find it in our classroom. (it=the watch) ——你是在哪里找到你的手表的? ——我在教室里找到它的。 ④I have lost my pen. I’m going to buy one. (one=a pen) 我丢了钢笔。我打算买一支。 【即学活用】选词填空(that/those/one/it)。 ①The book on the desk is better than ____ under the desk. ②Mr.Zhang gave me a very valuable present, ____ that I had never seen before. ③Our goods are as good as _____ made in America. ④My uncle gave me a pen. I like __ very much. that one those it ⑤The area of the bedroom is larger than _______ of the sitting room. A. one
D. it 【解析】选B。考查that的指代用法。句意:卧室的面积比起居室的面积大。one指代的名词与前面的被替代词同类不同物,相当于a/an+单数可数名词;that表示同类不同物,替代特指的单数名词或特指的不可数名词,相当于the+单数可数名词或不可数名词,其复数形式是those;it表示同类同物,替代前面的特指的单数名词或不可数名词。本题表示同类不同物,需用that替代前面提到的the area。
Ⅰ. 用所给词的适当形式填空 1.amaze ①What _______ me is how long she managed to hide the secret from us. ②It is an ________ discovery so that we are _______ at it. ③To our __________, he changed so little after 20 years. amazed amazing amazed amazement 2. instruction ①You should follow the ___________ on the bottle. ②Under his ___________, I slowly mastered the art of glass
blowing. ③The letter _________ him to report to headquarters
immediately. 3. introduce ①The company is ___________ a new family saloon(轿车) this year. ②The new method was __________ to Taiwan from the U.S.. ③____________ are unnecessary since you all know each other. instructions instructions instructed introducing introduced Introductions 4. impress ①She _________ us with both the depth and range of her knowledge. ②Those are his first ___________ of Tokyo. 5. behaviour ①Their _________ towards me shows that they do not like me. ②She _______ towards me more like a friend than a mother. impressed impressions behaviour behaves Ⅱ. 完成句子 1. He was completely defeated _________. 他被他自己彻底打垮了。 2. I ______________ being alone in the house. 我盼望着能自己一人待在这所房子里。 3. He ______________________________ his schoolwork. 他对功课的态度不端正。 by himself look forward to has/takes a bad attitude to/towards 4. People and birds ____________ many ways. 人类和鸟类在很多方面是相似的。 5. She is ___________ her father. 她一点也不像她的爸爸。 6. It takes you _____________ two hours to get there by train. 坐火车去那里大约要花费你两个小时。 7. We ______________ at Mike’s party. 我们在迈克的聚会上玩得非常开心。 are similar in nothing like something like had a lot of fun 8. The chef will teach children about food, nutrition and cooking ___________. 厨师将以一种有趣的方式教授儿童有关食物、营养和烹饪方面的知识。 9. There is not enough time to complete the task. _____________, we’d better change our plan. 没有足够的时间来完成这项任务。换句话说,我们最好改变一下计划。 10. ___________ the address before you forget it. 把地址写下来,免得忘了。 in a fun way In other words Write down Ⅲ. 单项填空 1. (2013·杭州高一检测)Not _______ with the quality of your goods, I will certainly not advise others to buy them. A. bored
B. expressed C. embarrassed
D. impressed 【解析】选D。考查词义辨析。句意:对你们产品的质量印象不佳,我当然不会建议其他人购买。sb. be impressed with sth. “某人对某物印象深刻”,符合句意,故选D。 【变式训练】 (2013·潍坊高一检测)—How long did David work here? —For half a year. He didn’t leave much _______ on us. A. expression
B. impression C. conclusion
D. instruction 【解析】选B。考查名词。句意:——大卫在这里工作了多久?——工作了半年,他没有给我们留下深刻印象。expression表达;impression印象;conclusion结论;instruction命令,说明。根据句意可知选B。 2.(2013·三明高一检测)I don’t like noisy jazz. ________, I enjoy light music, which sounds soft and gentle. A. As a result
B. In other words C. In a way
D. On the other hand 【解析】选B。考查短语用法。句意:我不喜欢嘈杂的爵士乐。换句话说,我喜欢轻音乐,它听起来轻柔而温和。as a result结果;in other words换句话说;in a way在某种程度上;on the other hand在另一方面。 【变式训练】 (2013·福州高一检测)Word came _______ the students would put off the outing until next week, when they wouldn’t be busy. A.that
D.whether 【解析】选A。考查固定句式。句意:有消息传来说,学生们将把出游推迟到下周,那时他们不忙。Word came that为固定句式,意为“有消息传来说”,that后面为word的同位语从句,that在句中不作成分,不能省略。 3. My advisor encouraged me to take a summer course to _______ my writing skills. A. prove
B. promote
D. improve 【解析】选D。考查动词的用法。句意:我的指导教师鼓励我参加暑期培训班来提高我的写作技巧。prove证明;promote促进,提升,发扬;move移动,搬家,感动;improve改善,提高。根据句意可知选D。 4. —Where does your little daughter want to go during her holiday? —She is always looking forward to ________ to Mount Huangshan. A. take
B. taking C. being taken
D. be taken 【解析】选C。考查look forward to的用法。look forward to中to为介词,后接名词、代词或动名词,在B、C两项中选,又take与she之间是动宾关系,因此要用被动形式,故选C。 【变式训练】 Much to their joy, the day they looked forward to _______ at last. A. coming
B. had come C. came
D. to come 【解析】选C。句意:令他们高兴的是,他们盼望的那一天终于来了。此句的主语是 the day,而they looked forward to 是省略引导词 that 的定语从句,修饰the day,因此此处缺少谓语动词,故选C。 5. The scenery is beautiful beyond _______. A. description
B. statement C. praise
D. introduction 【解析】选A。考查名词词义辨析。句意:风景美得无法形容。description描述,beyond description无法形容;statement陈述;表明;praise表扬;introduction介绍。 6. They will fly to Washington, _______ they plan to stay for two or three days. A. where
D. when 【解析】选A。考查非限制性定语从句。句意:他们将飞往华盛顿,在那里他们计划待两三天。Washington在后面的定语从句中充当状语,因此用where来引导,故选A。 10.I don’t think I will be bored in Ms Shen’s class! 我认为上沈老师的课我是不会厌倦的! 【句式分析】 本句为否定转移句,don’t think中的not实际上是否定宾语从句中的谓语。 本句的句法结构为: ①I don’t think he passed the exam. 我认为他没有通过考试。 【名师点津】
考查热点“否定转移” 否定转移句如果带有反意疑问句,附加问句部分需用肯定形式。 ②I don’t think he is able to do the job, is he? 我认为他不能做这份工作,不是吗? 【想一想】 否定转移需具备三个条件,你知道它们是什么吗? 【参考答案】否定转移的三个条件 (1)主语以第一人称(I/we)为主; (2)主句是一般现在时; (3)主句谓语是think, believe, suppose, imagine或expect等。 如果不符合(或不同时具备)上述三个条件,则不能进行否定转移。 【即学活用】完成句子。 ①_____________ he will come. 我相信他不会来。 ②___________________ it’s necessary to read this book. 我认为没有必要去读这本书。 写出反意疑问句 ③I don’t think anyone will be ready to do it, ________? I don’t believe I don’t think/suppose will they 11.In other words, there are three times as many girls as boys.换句话说,女生人数是男生的三倍。 【句式分析】 本句出现了倍数表达法,其用法主要归纳为以下三点:
倍数+形容词比较级+than
倍数+as+形容词原级+as
倍数+the size (length, depth,
value, price, height等) + of A is B ①The plane flew ten times as high as the kite. 那架飞机的飞行高度是那个风筝的十倍。 ②There is four times as much water in this pot as in that one. 这个壶里的水是那个壶里的四倍。 ③The car runs twice faster than that truck. 这辆汽车的速度比那辆卡车快一倍。 ④This street is four times the length of that one. 这条街是那条街的四倍长。 ⑤This room is half the size of that one. 这个房间是那个房间的一半大。 【名师点津】
倍数的两项注意 (1)常规句型的变形: ①A is倍数+more+名词(可数或不可数)+than B ②A is 倍数+ as many/much+名词+as B (2)times只用于倍数大于或等于三时,两倍用twice或double 表示。 【即学活用】完成句子。 我们学校的面积是他们学校面积的三倍。 ①Our school is three times _______ as their school. ②Our school is three times __________ their school. ③Our school is three times _______ of their school. as large larger than the size ④This dining room was _______ Tom’s. A.as big as twice
B.as twice big as
C.as big twice as
D.twice as big as 【解析】选D。考查形容词倍数的表达法。句意:这个餐厅比汤姆的餐厅大一倍。倍数表达法需要特别注意顺序问题:倍数+ as...as,故选D。 1. enthusiastic adj. 热心的;热情的 【语境领悟】 ①The teachers are very enthusiastic and friendly and the classrooms are amazing. 老师们很热情、很友好,而且教室很令人惊奇。 ②Bill Gates feels enthusiastic about charity. 比尔·盖茨热衷于慈善。 ③People like co-workers who are enthusiastic about what they do. 人们喜欢对工作有热情的同事。 【归纳拓展】 (1)be enthusiastic about/for/over sth. 热心/热衷于某事 be/feel enthusiastic about doing sth. 对做某事热心 (2)enthusiasm n.
热情;热忱 ④The labour enthusiasm of the workers strongly influenced us. 工人们的劳动热情极大地感染了我们。 【即学活用】完成句子。 ①The audience ___________________(热情的)on the opening
night of the play. ②He __________________(热衷于)folk music. ③He showed much __________(热忱)for our plan. was/were enthusiastic is enthusiastic about enthusiasm 2.bored adj. 厌倦的;厌烦的 【语境领悟】 ①I think people are getting bored with euro weakness. 我认为人们正对欧元疲软感到厌倦。 ②After ten minutes of listening to Fred talk, the three men were bored to death. 听弗雷德说了十分钟后,这三个人烦得要死了。 【归纳拓展】 (1)be bored with
对……感到厌烦/厌倦 be bored to death
烦得要命;极度厌倦 (2)boring
adj. 令人厌倦的 (3)bore
vt. 使厌烦 ③The film was so boring that I dozed off in the middle of it. 那部影片很乏味,我看了一半便打起瞌睡来了。 ④Monuments and museums bore him to tears. 纪念碑和博物馆让他厌烦透了。 ⑤I felt bored when I read this kind of boring papers. 当我读这种令人厌烦的论文时,我感到厌倦。 【名师点津】 bored意为“厌倦的,厌烦的”,通常描述人的心情;boring意为“令人厌倦的,令人厌烦的”,通常修饰令人厌烦的人或事物。 【即学活用】 Mr. Smith, _______ of the _______ speech, started to read a novel. A. boring
B. bored C. bored
D. boring 【解析】选A。考查形容词辨析。句意:史密斯先生对这次枯燥的演讲感到厌倦了,所以开始读起小说来。tired of...作后置定语修饰Mr. Smith,表示史密斯先生的感受,boring意为“令人感到枯燥的”。 3. improve v. 提高,增加;改善 【语境领悟】 ①Ms Shen wants to help us improve our spelling and handwriting. 沈老师想帮助我们改进拼写和书写。 ②Exercise will improve your appetite for food. 运动能增进你的食欲。 ③He is anxious to improve himself in English. 他急于想提高自己的英文水平。 【归纳拓展】
improve in
在……方面有改进 improvement
n. 提高;改进,改善 ④There is room for further improvement in your English. 你的英语尚有进一步提高的余地。 【即学活用】完成句子。 ①He has _________ much __ health. 他的健康大有起色。 ②Your work will get by, but try to _________. 你的作业还过得去,但要努力改进。 improved in improve it 4. instruction n. (常作复数)指示;说明 【语境领悟】 ①Ms Shen gave us instructions and then we worked by ourselves. 沈老师给我们一些指导,然后我们自己活动。 ②Read the instructions on the pocket. 看一下袋子上的说明。 【归纳拓展】 (1)follow one’s instructions
按照某人的指示 give instructions in...
给予……(方面的)指导 under one’s instructions
在某人的指导下 (2)instruct
vt. 指导; 命令; 指示 instruct sb. to do sth.
指示某人做某事 ③A doctor will often instruct patients to exercise. 医生经常会嘱咐病人要锻炼身体。 【即学活用】完成句子。 ①____________________________ when you are doing an
experiment. 在做实验时你要遵照老师的指示。 ②The artist ____________________ painting. 那位艺术家给予我们绘画方面的指导。 ③___________________________, I learned how to drive a car. 在父亲的指导下,我学会了开车。 Follow the teacher’s instructions gave us instructions in Under my father’s instructions 5.attitude n. 态度 【语境领悟】 ①I like her attitude very much, and the behaviour of the other students shows that they like her, too. 我非常喜欢她的态度,其他学生的表现表明他们也很喜欢她。 ②Do you know his attitude to/towards the question? 你知道他对这个问题的看法吗? ③The villagers all took a friendly attitude to/towards us. 村民们对我们都采取友好的态度。 ④What is your attitude to cooking? 你喜不喜欢烹调(你对烹调感觉如何)? 【归纳拓展】
have (take) a/an...attitude to/towards sb. /sth. 对某人/某事物持……的态度 What’s your attitude to/towards...? 你对……有什么看法? 【即学活用】
Everyone in the earthquake-hit area takes a respectful _______ towards Wen Jiabao. A.point
C.attitude
D.sight 【解析】选C。考查名词词义辨析。句意:地震灾区的每个人都对温家宝同志持尊敬的态度。point点,意义;idea主意,念头;attitude态度,看法,have (take) a/an...attitude to/towards sb. /sth. 意为“对某人/某事物持……的态度”;sight视力,景象。根据句意可知选C。 6.behaviour n. 行为;举动 【语境领悟】 ①In some situations this behaviour may not be what you want. 在某些情况下,这种行为可能不是您想要的。 【归纳拓展】
vi. 举动,表现;运转 behave oneself
举止有礼; 检点; 守规矩 ②The little boy behaved with great courage in the face of the gunman. 在持枪歹徒面前,这个小男孩表现得极有勇气。 ③Sit quietly and behave yourself. 安静地坐着,规矩点。 【即学活用】完成句子。 ①I felt embarrassed with his rude _________(行为) at the party. ②Every person should __________(举止文雅) in public. behaviour behave well 7. by oneself 独自地;单独地 【语境领悟】 ①She felt very sad and lonely by herself. 她独自一人感到忧伤寂寞。 【归纳拓展】
for oneself
为自己;亲自地 of oneself
自动地 ②One should not live for oneself alone. 一个人不应只是为自己活着。 【即学活用】完成句子。 ①He painted the door _________. 他自己把门漆好了。 ②There are some things one can’t do _________. 有些事情,不是一个人能独立做到的。 ③The door opened _______. 门自动开了。 by himself for oneself of itself 8. have fun 玩得开心 【语境领悟】 ①And we have fun.我们很快乐。 ②The children are having fun playing in the park. 孩子们正在公园里玩得开心。 【归纳拓展】
have fun doing sth.
做某事开心 for fun
为了取乐;为了消遣 make fun of
嘲笑,取笑;和……开玩笑 What fun it is to do...! 做某事多么有趣! 2.introduce vt. 介绍;引进;采用 【语境领悟】 ①Today we introduced ourselves to each other. 今天,我们彼此介绍了自己。 ②Allow me to introduce myself. 让我介绍我自己。 ③A hostess should introduce strangers to each other at a party. 女主人在宴会上应该介绍互不相识的客人。 ④Bread was introduced into the East from Portugal. 面包由葡萄牙传入东方。 【归纳拓展】 (1)introduce oneself
introduce sb.to sb.
把某人介绍给某人 introduce sth.into/to someplace
将某物引进/带入/传入到某处 (2)introduction
n.介绍;引进;导言,导入 ⑤This course is designed as an introduction to the subject. 这门课程是作为该科目的入门课而开设的。 【即学活用】完成句子。 ①I would like to _______________(向……介绍你) my friend
Martin. ②He _________________(自我介绍)as Michael Sullivan. ③Chocolate ____________________(被引进)Europe from
Mexico. introduce you to introduced himself was introduced to/into 3.embarrassed adj. 尴尬的;难堪的;困窘的 【语境领悟】 ①Some students were embarrassed at first but everyone was very friendly and it was really nice.
有些学生起初很为难,但每个人都很友好,真是太好了。 ②He felt embarrassed at being the centre of attention. 他因自己成为众人注目的中心而感到尴尬。 【归纳拓展】
be/feel embarrassed at/by/with
对……感到尴尬 to one’s embarrassment
使某人尴尬的是 embarrassing
adj.令人尴尬的;
令人难堪的 embarrass
vt. 使尴尬;使困窘;
使局促不安 ③To his embarrassment, Mike realized that a small crowd was watching him. 令迈克尴尬的是,他意识到一小群人正在看他。 ④I don’t know how to deal with this embarrassing situation. 我不知道如何处理这种尴尬的处境。 ⑤Meeting strangers embarrasses Tom. 会见陌生人使汤姆局促不安。 【即学活用】用embarrass的适当形式填空。 ①His bad table manners ___________ her. 他不雅的吃相使她很尴尬。 ②The spokesman parried(回避)cleverly an ____________
question. 发言人巧妙地回避了一个令人难堪的提问。 ③When I began to sing, he laughed and made me ___________. 我开始唱歌时,他大笑起来,使我感到很困窘。 embarrassed embarrassing embarrassed 4.impress v.使牢记,铭记;给……留下深刻印象 【语境领悟】 ①Li Kang is very impressed with the teachers and the technology in his new school. 李康对新学校里老师和(所使用)的技术印象深刻。 ②His words impressed themselves on my memory. 他的话铭刻在我的记忆里。 ③Your efficiency was most impressed on us. 你的工作效率很高,我们极为佩服。 【归纳拓展】 (1)impress sth. on/upon sb./one’s memory
使某人铭记某事 impress sb. with sth.
(某事)给某人留下深刻印象 sb. be impressed with/at/by
某人对……印象深刻 (2)leave/have/make a(n)...impression on sb.
给某人留下……的印象 ④Chairman Xi’s speech made/left a deep impression on us. 习主席的演讲给我们留下了很深的印象。 【即学活用】用合适的介词填空。 ①He impressed me ____ his honesty.=I was impressed _________
his honesty. ②Back Street Boys
made a good impression ________ Chinese
audience. with with/at/by on/upon ③The boy with glasses _______ the teacher with his attitude and sense of humor. A.impressed
D.preferred 【解析】选A。考查固定搭配。句意:戴眼镜的那个男孩的态度和幽默感给老师留下了很深的印象。impress意为“给……留下深刻印象”,impress sb.with sth.为固定搭配,意为“给某人留下深刻印象”。 5.be similar to 与……相似 【语境领悟】 ①Are Senior High teachers similar to Junior High teachers? 高中的老师和初中的老师一样吗? ②American cities are similar to other cities around the world. 美国城市和世界上的其他城市相似。 ③He is similar to me in character. 他和我在性格方面相似。 【归纳拓展】
be similar in
在某方面相似 be different in
在……不同 ④The two products are similar in some ways but different in others. 这两款产品在某些方面相似,但在其他方面则不同。 【名师点津】
相似的对象不同,介词亦不同 similar常与介词in, to搭配;比较面积、颜色、款式、性格或某个方面时用in,与某人或某物比较时用to。 【即学活用】完成句子。 ①The weather of Beijing _______________(很相似)that of New
York. ②Can you think of a phrase
which ___________(与……相 似)that one? ③Although they ____________(在……上相似)appearance, the
two breeds have some basic differences. is very similar to is similar to are similar in 6.nothing like 一点不像;决不;远远没有 【语境领悟】 ①The course was nothing like what I’d expected. 这门课程一点也不像我期望的那样。 ②Her cooking is nothing like as good as yours. 她做饭的手艺远远没有你的好。 【归纳拓展】
something like
大约;有点(像) anything like
(多用于疑问句或否定句中)多少有点像 ③It will cost something like £10. 它大约要花费10英镑。 ④Was the film anything like the original book? 这部电影拍得是否和原著相符? 【即学活用】完成句子。 ①The scenes there are ___________ what you described. 那里的风景和你描述的一点也不像。 ②Your house is _____________ ours. 你的房子和我们的有些相似。 ③The film wasn’t ____________ as good as ET. 这部电影一点都不如《外星人》那么好。 nothing like something like anything like ④The way children learn about the world is _______ that of adults—the former by eyes while the latter by sense. A.anything like
B.feel like C.nothing like
D.something like 【解析】选C。句意:孩子们了解世界的方式与成年人的完全不同——前者凭视觉,而后者凭感觉。anything like常用在疑问句中,意为“多少有点像”;feel like “摸起来像,想要”;nothing like“与……完全不同”;something like“大约,有几分像”。 7.in other words 换句话说;也就是说 【语境领悟】 ①The boss asked him to leave—in other words, he was fired. 老板请他走人,也就是说,他被解雇了。 【归纳拓展】 ②In a word, they can do everything they like with money. 总之,他们用金钱能做到他们喜欢做的一切。 ③Do not read the report word for word now, just skim it. 现在,不要逐字读报告,大致地看一下就可以了。 ④Word came that he would come to see us all. 消息传来了,他要来看我们大家。 ⑤It is a feeling that is beyond words. 它是一种无法用语言表达的感觉。 【巧学助记】
图解“谈话”与“吵架” 【即学活用】完成句子。 ①He was really touched ____________. 他确实感动得无法形容。 ②Please tell me what the teacher said, _____________. 请把老师的原话告诉我。 ③_________, he was tired of everything. 简言之,他对一切都感到厌倦了。 ④______________ the Houston Rockets won the game again. 消息传来,休斯敦火箭队又赢了比赛。 beyond words word for word In a word Word came that ⑤It is never easy to ask him to help others. _______, he is very selfish. A.In the end
B.In all C.In the way
D.In other words 【解析】选D。句意:要他帮助别人绝非易事。换言之,他非常自私。in the end最后,最终;in all总计,总共;in the way挡道,均不符合句意。in other words换句话说,也就是说,与句意符合,故选D项。 8.look forward to 期盼,期待;盼望 【语境领悟】 ①I’m looking forward to doing it! 我正期待着做作业! ②We are looking forward to receiving your e-mails. 我们盼望着收到你的电子邮件。 ③I look forward to your visit next week. 我期待着你下周来访。 【想一想】 在look forward to中to为介词,后面接名词或动名词。常用的类似“动词+介词to”的短语还有哪些? 【参考答案】 pay attention to注意
turn to求助于 be/get used to习惯于
refer to参考;涉及 get down to着手/开始认真干
stick to坚持 lead to导致;通向
object to 反对 【即学活用】用所给动词(词组)的适当形式填空。 ①We look forward to ____________(hear from) you soon. ②The moment we were looking forward to _______ (arrive) at
last. hearing from arrived 9.The teacher is a very enthusiastic woman called Ms Shen.老师是一位姓沈的非常热心的女士。 【句式分析】 本句出现了过去分词作后置定语的现象。过去分词作定语,表示动作的完成或被动。 ①We are going to visit the bridge built hundreds of years ago. =We are going to visit the bridge which/that was built hundreds of years ago. 我们要去看那座建于几百年前的桥。 ②Most of the people invited to the party were his old schoolmates. 应邀参加晚会的大多数人是他的老校友。 【即学活用】完成句子。 ①I borrowed a book _____________________ from the library. 我从图书馆借了一本马克·吐温(Mark Twain)写的书。 ②French is one of the ___________________ at international
meetings. 法语是国际会议上被使用的主要语言之一。 written by Mark Twain major languages used Module 1
My First Day at Senior High Introduction & Reading and Vocabulary
Ⅰ.速记单词 1.音意记忆。
province information brilliant method attitude previous 2.形意记忆。 (1)_________ (adj.)学术的→academy (n.)学院;学会 (2)enthusiastic (adj.)热心的→__________ (n.)热情,热忱 (3)amazing (adj.)令人吃惊的,令人惊讶的→_______ (adj.)吃 惊的;十分惊奇的→__________ (n.)惊奇;惊诧→______ (v.)使 吃惊 (4)instruction (n.)(常作复数)指示;说明→_______ (v.)指示;说 明→_________ (n.)教练;指导员,指导者 (5)bored (adj.)厌烦的,厌倦的→______ (adj.)令人厌烦的,乏味 的→____ (v.)使厌烦 academic enthusiasm amazed amazement amaze instruct instructor boring bore (6)embarrassed (adj.)尴尬的;难堪的;困窘的→____________ (adj.)令人难堪的;令人尴尬的→_________ (v.)使窘迫;使为难 (7)_________ (n.)行为;举动→behave (v.)表现;举止 (8)description (n.)叙述,描述→________ (v.)描述 (9)technology (n.)技术→________ (adj.)技术的 (10)_______ (vt.)使印象深刻→impression (n.)印象
embarrassing embarrass behaviour describe technical impress Ⅱ.短语互译 1.与……相似;类似于
___________ 2.一点也不像;一点也不 ___________ 3.玩得高兴
________ 4.换句话说;也就是说
_____________ 5.期待;盼望
______________ 6.对……印象深刻
________________ be similar to nothing like have fun in other words look forward to be impressed with 7.one’s attitude to/towards _________________ 8.write down
___________ 9.introduce sb. to sb.
_______________ 10.by oneself
_____________ 11.in a fun way
_________________ 12.write a description of _________ 某人对……的态度 写下;记下 向某人介绍某人 独自;单独地 用一种有趣的方式 描述…… Ⅲ.完成句子 1.老师是一位姓沈的非常热心的女士。 The teacher is a very enthusiastic woman _____________.(过去分 词短语作后置定语) 2.我们使用新课本,沈老师的教学方法一点也不像我们初中老师的教学方法。 We’re using a new textbook and Ms Shen’s method of teaching ________________ of the teachers at my Junior High school.(that 的指代用法) called Ms Shen is nothing like that 3.我认为上沈老师的课我是不会厌倦的! ________________________ in Ms Shen’s class!(否定转移结构) 4.换句话说,女生人数是男生的三倍。 In other words, there are ____________________________.(倍数 表达法) I don’t think I will be bored three times as many girls as boys Ⅳ.语篇理解 阅读文章,完成下面的题目。 1.Read the text quickly and match the main idea with each paragraph. Para.1
a.The new English class is really interesting. Para.2
b.We introduced ourselves to each other. Para.3
c.Ms Shen wants to help us improve our
spelling and handwriting. Para.4
d.Self-introduction. Para.5
e.Why my new school is good. Para.6
f.The students in my class. 答案:Para.1→d
Para.6→f 2.Read the text carefully and finish the two tasks. (1)True(T) or False(F). ①The teachers write on the screen behind them.(
) ②Ms Shen’s teaching method is different from that of his teachers at Junior High school.(
) ③We introduced ourselves one by one to the class.(
) ④Almost all the students like Ms Shen and look forward to doing homework.(
) F T F T (2)Fill in the blanks according to the text.
Li Kang lives in Shijiazhuang, the capital city of Hebei.Today is his ____ day at Senior High school.Everything in the school
_________ him much.The classroom is ________, which has a
computer with a special ______; teachers are friendly and
___________. His English teacher’s teaching method is completely ________ from ____ of the teachers at Junior High school. During his class, Li Kang and his classmates __________ themselves to each other and did some _______ games. There are three times as many girls as boys in the class and they all _____ hard. first impresses amazing screen enthusiastic different that introduced spelling work 【读而后思】
In your opinion, what is your ideal Senior High school like? It should be a modern school with enough facilities, thus we can surf the Internet and searc it also should has many high-level teachers, under whose instruction we can grow up physically and mentally.
1.amazing adj.令人吃惊的;令人惊讶的 【语境领悟】 ①Luckily, we had plenty of time to enjoy the amazing scenery. 幸运的是,我们有充足的时间来欣赏这神奇的美景。 【归纳拓展】 (1)amaze
vt.使惊讶;使惊愕 (2)amazed
adj.吃惊的;惊奇的
to do... be amazed
at/by sb./sth.
对……很惊奇
that-clause (3)amazement
n.惊奇 to one’s amazement=to the amazement of sb.
令某人惊奇的是 in amazement
吃惊地;惊愕地 ②It amazed me to learn that she had been promoted. 听说她提升了,真使我惊讶。 ③Most of the cast was amazed by the play’s success. 演员班子中的大多数人对这出戏的成功感到吃惊。 ④I stared at her in amazement. 我惊讶地盯着她。 ⑤To my amazement, he actually refused to help me. 令我吃惊的是,他竟然拒绝帮助我。 【名师点津】
-ing与-ed结尾的形容词揭秘 (1)以-ing结尾的形容词常表示主动关系或特性,一般用来说明事或物,意为“令人……的”。 (2)以-ed结尾的形容词常用来修饰人,表示人的心理状态,意为“感到……的”。有时也可修饰look/expression(表情), smile, tears,voice等词。 【即学活用】完成句子。 ①The new car is running at an ________ speed. 这辆新车正以惊人的速度奔驰着。 ②We _______________ his rapid recovery. 我们对他这么快就康复感到惊奇。 ③Visitors _________________ discover how little the town has changed. 旅游者经常会惊讶地发现这座小镇几乎没有什么变化。 ④He stood ____________ at the sight. 面对眼前的情景,他惊愕地站在那里。 amazing were amazed at are often amazed to in amazement

我要回帖

更多关于 boys girls lm.c 的文章

随机推荐