the killers human of killers 求解释

1. that & 2. where & 3. were attacking & 4. breathing & 5. dragged & 6. depth & 7. waiting & 8. astonishing & 9. in & 10. until
题目来源: &
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
& Some scientists say that animals in the ocean are increasingly threatened by noise pollution caused by human beings.& The noise that affects sea creatures comes from a number of hu?man activities. It is caused mainly by industrial underwater explo?sions,ocean drillings,and ship engines. Such noises are added to natural sounds.. These sounds include the breaking of ice fields,underwater earthquakes,and sounds made by animals themselves.& Decibels (分贝) measured in water are different from those measured on land. A noise of one hundred and twenty decibels on land causes pain to human ears. In water,a decibel level of one hundred and ninetyfive would have the same effect.& Some scientists have proposed setting a noise limit of one hundred and twenty decibels in oceans. They have observed that noises at that level can frighten and confuse whales.& A team of American and Canadian scientists discovered that louder noises can seriously injure some animals.The research team found that powerful underwater explosions were causing whales in the area to lose their hearing. This seriously affected the whales' ability to ex?change information and find their ways. Some of the whales even died. The explo?sions had caused their ears to bleed and become infected.& Many researchers whose work depends on ocean sounds object to a limit of one hundred and twenty decibels. They say such a limit would mean an end to important industrial and scientific research.& Scientists do not know how much and what kinds of noises are harmful to ocean animals. However,many scientists suspect that noise is a greater danger than they believed. They want to prevent noises from harming creatures in the ocean.1. According to the passage,which of the following is increasingly dangerous to sea creatures?&&&A. The sound of a car. B. The sound of voices.&&&C. Manmade noise pollution. D. The sound of steps.2. According to the passage,natural sounds include all of the following EXCEPT& & &&&&A. sounds made by animals themselves&&&B. ocean drillings&&&C. underwater earthquakes&&&D. the breaking of ice fields3. Which of the following is discussed in the third paragraph?&&&A. The same noise level produces a different effect on land and in the ocean.&&&B. Different places may have different types of noises.&&&C. The decibel is not a suitable unit for measuring underwater noises.&&&D. Different ocean animals may have different reactions to noises.4. According to the passage,what will scientists most probably do in the future?&&&A. They will work hard to reduce ocean noise pollution,&&&B. They will protect the creatures in the ocean from harmful noises.&&&C. They will try to set a limit of 120 decibels.&&&D. They will study the effect of ocean noise pollution.
&Shirley Chisholm is 48. &&&&&& (good) known as the first black woman elected to the United States Congress and the first black woman 49. &&&&&& ( run) for President of the United States. However,her life was filled with much more than being the first black woman. All her life,she worked to improve the lives of others.Shirley's parents had very little money. They wanted 50. &&&&&& daughters to get a good education and to have a better life. 51. &&&&&& Shirley was three years old,her parents sent her and her sisters to live with their grandmother in Barbados. In 1934 Shirley moved back to New York and continued to do very well in school. She 52. &&&&&& (late) graduated from Brooklyn College with honours.As a young woman,Shirley decided to become a teacher. She believed she 53. &&&&&& improve society by helping children. She 54. &&&&&& (work) for seven years at a child care centre in the Harlem area of New York City.& In 1964, Shirley Chisholm's 55. &&&&&& (politics) career began. She 56. &&&&&& (elect) to the New York State Assembly. In 1968 she announced she would run for the United States Congress. In 1972 Shirley Chisholm announced that she would run for President of the United States. Many people thought it was a strange thing to do. As a black person,she said she did not run for president 57. &&&&&& she expected to win. Instead,she ran to make a point.
7. She&&&&&& (漏掉) an important detail in her account.
7. The police found a baby &&&&&& (遗弃) but unharmed.
4. 工人们建这座教学楼用了一年半的时间。It took the workers one and a half years &&&&&& the teaching building. (It takes sb some time to do sth.)
6. Thee frequent attacks on the schoolyard required the local police to take &&&&&& (urge) action to fight against the criminals.
3. .We were just ready to go out when it rained.We &&&&&& go out when it rained.
5. I have to go now,for I can't risk &&&&&& (punish) by our manager.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!本文共有10处语言错误,每句最多2处。每处错误及其修改仅限一词。
把修改后的词写在原词下面。只允许修改10处,多者不计分。
Christie was one of my best friend at high
school. At that time, we often spend time together. Thank to her help, I made a
great progress in my study. Last year, she decided to study abroad. In other
words, we would be separated for long time. Before her leaving off, I prepared
a gift to show my best wishes to him. She said it was the best gift she has
ever had. From then on, we’ve kept touch with each other through e-mails. I
look forward to see her again in the near future.
课文原句填空
(共5小题,每个空格0.5分,满分10分)
1.穿着这些衣服走起路来实在不容易,但我们还是缓慢地往火山口的边缘走去,并且向下看到了红红的沸腾的中心。
It was not easy to walk ____________ these
suits, but we slowly ____________ _____________ __________________ to the edge
of the crater and looked down into the red, boiling centre..
2.我会同我的朋友一起去看电影和足球比赛,此外,我还花很多时间和我的宠物在一起。
______________ _____________ _____________
_____________ to the movies and football matches with my friends, I spend a lot
of time with my pets.
3.我的生活很充实,没有时间闲坐着顾影自怜。
I have a busy life with no time to
___________ _____________ _____________ ____________ for myself.
4.机器人名叫托尼,看上去更像一个人,而不像台机器。
His name was Tony and he _____________
_____________ ____________ a human ___________ a machine.
5.但是,尽管托尼很聪明,他还得作一番改造---总不能让女人与机器人相爱吧。
But even though Tony had been so clever, he
would have to _____________ ______________
---you cannot _____________ women
___________ in love with machines.
下列每个句子中均有一处错误。请按要求将每个句子中的错误找出来并加以改正。增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写出该加的词。删除:把多余的词用斜线(﹨)划掉。修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词的下面写出修改后的词。注意:1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词。 2.每句只有一处错误。 3.不可改变原句意。【小题1】I am only able to look at nature through dirty windows hung before very dusty windows.【小题2】Today the number of people learning English in China is increasing rapid.【小题3】Along the way children dressing in long wool coats stopped to look at us.【小题4】The army organized teams to dig out those were trapped and buried the dead.【小题5】Sun Yat-sen strongly believed the three principles:people’s rights and people’s livelihood.【小题6】Sadly,although the Amber Room was considered one of the wonder of the world,it is now missing.【小题7】There is no doubt whether the boxes were then put on a train for Konisbreg.【小题8】Do you kow WHO stand for the World Health Organization?【小题9】I lived in which you call “Ancient Greece”and I used to write about the Olympic Games.【小题10】From then on,many new application have been found for the computer.
以下是从本单元课文中摘出的原句。试试看,能填上吗?要注意词形变化!
1.It was so narrow and small that we had to be careful to ________ ________ ________.
2.She once gave a magic book to Yu the Great and helped him ________ the flood ________ ________.
3.For years it has been a strong attraction to me, but ________ ________ ________ I had never actually climbed it.
4.When we finally found ourselves under the highest layer of clouds, ________ ________ we had glorious views of hills which had a kind of unimaginable beauty.
5.The Great Wall is different from ordinary city walls ________ ________ it extends itself continuously for miles and doesn't encircle a city.
6.The Chinese name Changcheng or“Long Wall”________ ________ ________ because of its length.
7.According to records ________ ________ in Chinese literature, as many as 20 principalities and dynasties took part in constructing the Great Wall.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!The Killers ⚡ Battle Born - New Album Out Now ⚡ Home
Select Your Region:
The Killers will play the first show at Las Vegas Arena on April 6th!
It&s beginning to look a lot like Christmas In LA! Watch our new video .
Another year, another dollar&For goodness sake, see video, buy song, help people!
Not just another video. This one is for the victims. Thank you, thank you.
Behold “the sizzler”. No, not the gourmet steak house, but almost as good.

我要回帖

更多关于 the killers human 的文章

随机推荐