Youths have got to know the challenges英语作文 of entry to the WTO .

阅读专项训练(更新-ing) - 第二轮复习 - 中考复习 -
牛津英语教研论坛 牛津英语教研网
BBS - Powered by Discuz!
阅读专项训练(更新-ing)
UID4&帖子8768&精华16&积分10897&在线时间3872 小时&注册时间&最后登录&
根据短文内容,从短文后面每题所给的四个选项中选择最佳的一项。 Whitebridge was a small lonely village where many old people came to live.Many of them had lots of old furniture(家具),some of which they didn't want to keep.This was because there was not enough room for it.Every Saturday morning they put out what they didn't need and other people came and took it away if they wanted it. Mr and Mrs Morton's children had grown up.The old couple moved to this small village just as many others did.The elderly in this small village were all suffering from loneliness,because they were hard to meet their children. Every Saturday Mr and Mrs Morton had put out a very ugly(丑的)old bear's(熊的) head at the side of their gate,but nobody wanted it.Last Saturday they wrote“I'm very lonely here.”on a piece of paper and put it near the bear's head. After a while,they found there was another bear's head put beside theirs,with another of paper.It said,“I'm lonely,too.” 1.When you visit Whitebridge,you can . A.find some old furniture at the gate of some small houses every morning B.see many lonely old people lived there C.take away any old furniture D.see a bear's head in front of each house 2.Which of the following is true according to this passage(根据短文)? A.The Mortons had a lot of bear's heads they didn't need. B.The Mortons were very glad when they found another bear's head beside theirs. C.Both the two bear's heads felt lonely in front of the Morton's gate. D.The ugly bear's head was a kind of furniture. 3.The Mortons wrote the sentence“I'm very lonely here”.It meant . A.they wanted someone to find another bear's head for it B.they wanted someone to take the bear's head away C.they might suggest(可能暗示)they were lonely in the village D.both B and C 4.Who do you think put another bear's head in front of Mr Morton's house? A.A young man who made fun of the Mortons. B.The Mortons'next-door neighbour. C.Another old man who decided not to let the Mortons'bear's head alone. D.Another old man whose bear's head was not needed,either. 5.Which of the following do you think is the best title(标题)for this passage? A.A village for old people B.A place where you can Take Old Furniture Freely C.I am Lonely,Too D.The Ugly Bear's Head 答案与分析: 1B。文章第一自然段第一句:Whitebridge was a small lonely village and old people came and lived there.本题属于直接解答题。 2D。从文章第一自然段我们知道:一些老人有许多因没地方摆放而不想保存的旧家具,因此周六的上午他们便将这些旧家具摆放在自家的门外。再根据第三自然段开头the M ortons的所作可推断出此答案。 3D。从文章第二自然段可知:在这个小村子里的所有老人都很孤独,他们很难与子女见面。the M ortons想以此来表达自己内心的孤独,同时他们也想把这样旧家具处理掉,故选择答案D。 4D。本题可采用排除法:这个村子是以孤寡老人为主的居住群体,故选项A不对:若是他们隔壁的邻居,不可能那么多个星期以后才有此举动,故选项B错:选项C是指另一个老人做的,他决定不让the M ortons'bear's head孤单:选项D是指另外一位老人的旧家具也不需要了。根据短文的中心意思,可判断出D正确。 5C。本题考查的是“找关键句和选标题的能力”。短文的关键句常位于开头和结尾,把握住关键才能对短文有整体或深层理解,所以本文的最后一句话即点题。
仁慈的心田是花园,崇高的思想是根茎,友善的言语是花朵,良好的行为是果实。
People usually do not like mice(老鼠,mouse的复数),but one mouse has won the hearts of the people all over the world.That is the famous Mickey Mouse. A long time ago most films were silent(无声的).A man named Walt Disney made a cartoon(卡通)mouse that could talk in his films.He named his mouse Mickey Mouse.People were very excited(兴奋)with the talking mouse.Soon Mickey became very popular with both young and old people.Children love to see their lovely(可爱的) friend,because he brought joy and laughter(欢笑)to them.Mickey was a clean mouse after he was born.Perhaps this is why people love Mickey Mouse though they don't like real mice. In his early life Mickey made some mistakes.People were very angry.They wrote to Disney and said that they didn't want Mickey to do silly(傻)things.As there were some silly things M ickey could not do,Disney made a new animal Donald Duck.He also made a dog named Pluto.This dog does silly things and makes mistakes wherever he goes.Now our Mickey is not only clean,but more important.He becomes a beautiful and clever star.He has his friends in almost every country. 1.Why were people excited to see Mickey in the films? A.Mickey was a clean mouse. B.Mickey was able to speak in the films. C.Mickey was lovely and made them happy. D.Mickey was a cartoon mouse. 2.People,so they wrote to Walt Disney. A.were happy when they saw the cartoon mouse B.were angry with Disney C.didn't live Mickey any more D.hoped that Mickey would always be clever 3.Disney made the new animals because. A.he wanted to make his films more interesting B.Mickey needed a new friend C.Mickey could not do anything D.he loved animals 4.Which sentence below is NOT true? A.People don't like real mice. B.Mickey was always clever. C.Mickey is loved by people all over the world. D.Walt Disney made lovely cartoon animals.
参考答案:
1. B&&2. D&&3. A&&4. B
阅读下列短文或图表,然后完成文后各题。(21—30小题为选择题,每题只有一个最佳答案;31—50小题为非选择题,请回答问题或完成填空题。) (A) To:jenny@ From:LI-Ming@ Subject:Autumn! Date:29/098:02 PM Hello,Jenny!I love autumn!Mid-autumn Festival this week!We will watch the moon tonight,and look for Chang'e and Wu Gang.My mother bought mooncakes,and I have eaten many of them!National Day is also in autumn,on October 1.My mother and father will not have to work for three days!We will do many things together.I like going to the National Day Celebration.But the best thing in autumn is my birthday,it is in October.I will be fifteen years old.Goodbye for now. Li Ming. To:LI-Ming@ From:jenny@ Subject:Thanksgiving Date:29/099:12 PM Thank you for your E-mail!I love autumn,too.In Canada,we have an autumn holiday called Thanksgiving.Families always celebrate Thanksgiving together.I will go to my grandmother and grandfather's house.My uncles,aunts and their children will be there,too.Canadian Thanksgiving is in early October.In the USA,they celebrate Thanksgiving in late November.Have a good time on your birthday,Li Ming!On my birthday,I have a cake with candles.Everyone sings“Happy Birthday.”Then I blow out the candles!Will you have a cake on your birthday? Your friend, Jenny& && &21.When is Li Ming's birthday? A.On September 29.B.In September. C.Before September 29.D.After September. 22.Americans celebrate Thanksgivinglater than Canadians. A.one month B.less than two months C.two months D.more than two months 23.What do Canadians usually do at Thanksgiving? A.eat cakes B.get together C.watch the moon D.sing the song 24.When Jenny blows out candles,they. A.stop burning B.start burning C.are broken D.are cut 25.What must Li Ming and Jenny use when they wrote to each other? A.pens B.paper C.computers D.telephones (B) Your Skin Your skin is waterproof,elastic(有弹性的)and tough.It protects your body,keeping your insides in and dangerous germs out. Skin is dead on the outside.Dry bits of skin brush off your body every day.New skin grows underneath. 26.Your scalp is part of your. A.leg B.are C.head D.back 27.What does your skin do to help you cool down? A.It stretches.B.It sweats.C.It grows.D.It moves. 28.What stops sweat from dripping into your eyes? A.New skin.B.Nerves.C.Your scalp.D.Eyebrows. 29.You can feel pain because your skin. A.has tiny nerves B.loses dry bits of skin C.has small hairs D.sweats salt water 30.What happens when your body feels cold? A.The nerves in your skin stretch. B.The hairs on your skin stand up. C.You sweat salt water.D.Your skin attracts warm air. (C) Have you ever been ill?When you are ill,your body becomes hot, and there are pains all over your body.You must be unhappy because of it.You don't want to work.You stay in bed,feeling very sad. What makes us ill?It is germs(细菌). Germs are everywhere.They are very small and you can't find them with your eyes,but you can see them with a microscope(显微镜).They are very,very small and there could be hundreds of them on a very small thing. Germs are always found in dirty water.When we look at dirty water under the microscope,we can see them in it.So your father and mother will not let you drink dirty water. Germs aren't found only in water.They are found in the air and dust(尘土).If you cut your finger,and if some of the dust from the floor goes into the cut,some of the germs will go into your finger.Your finger will become big and red,and you will have much pain in it.Sometimes the germs will go into all of your body,and you will have pain everywhere. 31.Why is a person unhappy when he's ill? 32.How can people see the germs? 33.Why don't parents let their children drink dirty water? 34.Where are germs found? 35.What will happen if germs go into the cut of the finger? (D) 故事发生了什么事?根据六幅插图找出故事相应的部分。 1. 2. 3.4. 5. 6.(请将上述图画中的数字1-6分别改为36-41) A.On his way home,his new car stops.Oh dear!He can't start it.“What is the matter with it?”he asks.“It's new,but it doesn't work.” B.An old man is driving up the road.He stops his car and asks,“Are you all right?Can I help you?”Mr Green says,“My car isn't working.”“It isn't working?”“No,it isn't working at all.And I can't find the engine(发动机)!” C.One day,Mr Green goes out and buys a car.He doesn't know much about cars.He finds a nice new green car.“That one's very nice,” he says.He is very pleased with it,gives the money to the man and drives away. D.What can he do now?He starts walking home.He is not happy.He must go back to the garage(车库)tomorrow,and he can ask for his money back. E.“Oh!I am sorry,”says the old man.“I think I can help you.” He goes to the back of the car.“Look!”he says.“The engine is at the back,not the front.”He helps Mr Green start the engine. F.He opens the front of the car.What a surprise!There is no engine!The front of the car is empty. 36.&&37.&&38.
39.&&40.&&41.&&
(E) WHERE TO STAY IN BOSWELL YOUR GUIDE TO OUR BEST HOTELName/AddressNo. of RoomsSingleDoubleSpecial AttractionsFIRST HOTEL 222
Edward Road
Tel. 414-6433120$25$35Air-cinditioned room,
French restaurant,
Night club,
Swimming-pool, Shops,
Coffee shop and bar,
Telphone, radio and Tv in each room,
Close to the city centerFAIRVIEW HOTEL
129 North Road
Tel. 591-562050$12$18Close to the air-port,
Telephone In each room,
Bar, Restaurant,
Garage, Swimming-poolORCHARD HOTEL
233 Edward Road
Tel. 641-6646120$15$20Facing First hotel,
European restaurant,
Coffee shop, Dry-cleaning,
Shops, tv, night-clubOSAK HOTEL
1264 Venning Road
Tel. 643-820180$30$50Air-Conditioned rooms,
Japanese and Chinese restaurants, Shops, Swimming-pool, Large garden42.The number of the rooms in the best hotels in Boswell is.43.If a Japanese traveler likes to eat in a French restaurant,is the right place for him to go to. 44.Hotel faces the Orchard hotel. (F)&&&& 45.In what subject does Nigel do best? 46.When does Nigel's term begin? 47.How many of Nigel's classmates do better than he in his class? 48.Does the class teacher think Nigel has done his best in the past term? 49.What do you think of Kim's English language skills? 50.What does Kim have to do if she wants to make excellent progress in English?
<td class="t_msgfont" id="postmessage_7DBBAC26—30CBDAB 31.Because his body becomes hot,and there is pain all over his body. 32.People can see them with a microscope. 33.Because there are a lot of germs init. 34.They are found everywhere,in dirty water,air and dust. 35.It will become big and red and people will have much pain in it. 36—41CAFDBE 42.47043.THEFIRST HOTEL22244.The First 45.English. 46.On September 11.47.6. 48.No.Nigel has the ability to do a lot better. 49.More work is needed.50.She has to work harder than before.
Answer the questions,according to the passage given. There are all kinds of trains in the world.There are trains to carry people,trains to carry animals and trains to carry things.There are fast trains and slow trains.Some trains go under the ground(地面)and some trains go through hills. In big cities the streets are usually very busy.So you can find trains under the ground and trains on a rail(铁轨)above the streets.They carry people in and out of the city. Can a train run over water?Yes,it can.There are many bridges over the river.The trains can easily run over the water.But it is not easy to build bridges. Today's trains have dining-rooms for people.You may eat something on the way if you are hungry. Trains are useful to men and women and children.Many children have model trains.With the model trains they can build their own rails and enjoy the wonderful world of trains. 41.What do trains carry? ______________________________________________ 42.Why do people build railways under the ground? ______________________________________________&&43.How do trains run over the water? ______________________________________________ 44.What do trains have dinning-rooms for? ______________________________________________ 45.What do children build their own rails for? ______________________________________________&&(F) Answer the questions,according to the Instructions given. Instructions Take the pills with water.One pill every eight hours,or take two pills at bedtime and in the morning.Don't take more than six pills in 24 hours.For children between 6 and 12 years old,give half the adult dosage(成人剂量).For children under six years old,ask your doctor. Take less dosage if you cannot sleep well.
46.What does the word“pill”mean? ______________________________________________ 47.How many pills does a man of twenty usually take in two days? ______________________________________________&&48.Can a doctor agree an eight-year-old boy to take six pills in three days?Why? ______________________________________________&&49.What will a man do if his child of four has to take the pills? ______________________________________________&&50.How many pills should an old man take a day if he sleeps badly at night? ______________________________________________
参考答案:
41.They carry people,animals and things. 42.Because the streets in cities are too busy. 43.They can run on the bridges over the water. 44.People can have meals in trains. 45.They can play their own model trains. 46.It means a kind of medicine. 47.He usually takes eight pills in two days. 48.Yes.Because the adult dosage is twelve pills in three days and an eight-year-old boy can take half of the dosage. 49.He'll have to ask for a doctor's help. 50.He should take less than four pills a day.
C) This is a story made up of eight pictures,but the pictures are in the wrong order.Put them in the right order,according to the pictures and their explanations(解说). a.Ten minutes later Mrs.Brown couldn't see the sheep.She didn't find it in the village.She could guess who stole it.She began to shout near her house. b.Mr Black has a house at the foot of the hill. It's near to his farm.So he can easily look after his fruit trees and sheep.He works hard.Now he's one of the richest men in the village. c.Mr.Black heard the woman shouting,he didn't mind.But he heard Bill talking with the woman,he hurried out and called out,“Keep quiet.Go back to help your mother!”
d.Bill heard it and came out.He tried to stop the woman.“Don't shout in front of our house!”said the boy.“My father didn't steal your sheep!” e.The farmer has a lot of money,but he wants more.So sometimes he steals something in the village.People know him well.Nobody likes him and he has few friends.
f.One afternoon,on his way to the farm,Mr.Black saw a bag under a tree.He picked it up and found there was some rice in it.He took it home at once. g.Bill understood what his father came out for.He shouted,“Don't worry,Daddy!I won't tell her you tied her sheep under your bed!”
h.At his gate he saw a sheep in front of Mr.Brown's house.He looked around and there was nobody.So he pulled it in.His son Bill saw it.He told the boy not to tell anybody about it. The right order is b→(31)_________→f→(32)_________→(33)_________→d→(34)_________→(35)_________ (D) Answer the questions,according to the passage given. Babies love chocolate and sometimes they also eat the paper around it.My cat enjoys a meal of good,thick paper,old letters,for example.She doesn't like newspapers very much. Of course,the best paper comes from wood.Wood comes from trees,and trees are plants.Vegetables and fruits are plants too,and we eat a lot of them.So can we also eat wood and paper? Scientists say,“All food comes in some way from plants.”Well,is that true?Animals eat grass and grow fat.Then we eat their meat.Little fish eat little sea-plants;then bigger fish swim along and eat the smaller ones.Chickens eat a lot of grass and give us meat.Think for a minute. What food does not come from plants in some way? Scientists can do nice things with plants.They can make food just like meat and cheese.And they can make it without the help of animals.It is very good food too.Now they have begun to say,“We make our paper from wood.We can also make food from wood.The next thing is not very difficult.” What is the next thing?Perhaps it is—food from paper.Scientists say,“We can turn paper into food.It will be good,cheap food too, cheaper than meat or fish or eggs.” So please keep your old books and letters.One day,soon,they will be on your plate.There is nothing like a good story for breakfast. 36.Why does the cat enjoy the old letters? ________________________________________________&&37.What do the scientists think all our food comes from? ________________________________________________ 38.Do bigger fish have anything to do with(与……有关)plants?Why? ________________________________________________ 39.Why do scientists make food without the help of animals? ________________________________________________&&40.What are scientists trying to do,just as the author says?
参考答案:<font color="#—35 e,h,a,c,g 36.Because they were made from wood. 37.They think all our food comes from plants. 38.Yes,they eat smaller fish and smaller fish eat sea-plants. 39.The food without meat is good for man's health. 40.They're trying to turn paper into food.
II.阅读理解(Reading com prehension)(共30小题,计30分) 阅读下面短文或图表等,按要求完成文后各题。 (A) When you look at the sky at night,the moon looks bigger than the stars.Actually(实际上),the moon is much smaller than the stars and the sun.It is much smaller than the earth.But the moon is much closer to us than any star.That is why it looks so big.If you hold a coin close to your eye,it looks big.If you look at it across the room,it looks small. The moon moves around the earth.It makes one trip in about four weeks.The moon looks flat(扁的)to us.But it is a round ball,like the earth. People once thought the moon had fire(火)on it.They thought the fire made it bright.Now we know the moon is like a mirror(镜子).It gets its light from the sun. Our sunlight comes from the sun,too.What is the sun?The sun is a star.The stars we can see have their own light.There are many big stars we cannot see.Their light has burned out.Others are still bright,but they are so far away that we cannot see them.The sun looks bigger and much brighter than other stars because it is the nearest of all stars.The sun and the other stars we see are very hot,but the air around us saves us from(使……免于)the heat of the sun. The sun gives us light and warmth.It makes plants grow and turns leaves green.It makes life possible(可能的)on our earth.It is a life giving star. 21.The moon looks bigger because ________ .& &&&A.some stars are smaller than it& &&&B.it is between the sun and the earth& &&&C.it is the closest to the earth& &&&D.it is very bright 22.It takes for the moon to go around the earth.& &&&A.more than a week& &&&B.nearly a month& &&&C.half a year& &&&D.more than a year 23.The moon is bright because&&________ .& &&&A.there is some fire on it& &&&B.it is near the sun,too& &&&C.there is a big mirror on it& &&&D.it can get light from the sun 24.The passage tells us&&________ .& &&&A.the sun is not the biggest star& &&&B.the sun is bigger than any other star& &&&C.only the sun can shine& &&&D.the sun is one of the farthest stars to us 25.Why do we call the sun“a life giving star”?& &&&A.Because it gives us warmth.& &&&B.Because there are some living things on it.& &&&C.Because plants and animals can't live without it.& &&&D.Because people have to live in the dark without it. (B) Choose the best answer. Men are the cleverest and most dangerous animals on the earth.Rats(老鼠)come second.Men kill many other animals.They kill their enemies(敌人).They have killed hundreds of millions of men since anicent times,but rats kill more men.They have killed hundreds of millions of men.Rats carry many diseases(疾病),and these diseases have killed and are still killing thousands of men today in many countries.Rats are dangerous not in only one way.They not only carry diseases into men's homes,they also eat up men's food.They eat 33million tons(吨)of grain(谷物)every year.That is enough grain to feed 200 million people.Rats are clever,too.They have good leaders.Men try to poison(毒杀)them, but if their leaders tell them that the food is dangerous,they do not eat it. Our cities and villages are full of rats today.We can go to the moon,but we are not able to kill all these small animals.Is it because this dan- gerous enemy is too clever and grows too fast,or we are not clever enough as well as not clean enough? 26. ________ ,so they are the most dangerous.& &&&A.Men often eat animals& &&&B.Men never love animals& &&&C.Men feed on meat& &&&D.Men kill a lot of enemies 27.How do rats kill men?& &&&A.They carry diseases.& &&&B.The diseases they carry kill men.& &&&C.They eat little babies.& &&&D.They eat much grain. 28.Rats eat a lot of grain,so ________&&.& &&&A.many men are hungry& &&&B.men have to work hard& &&&C.men can't live any longer& &&&D.men have to leave their land 29.The leaders tell the rats&&________ .& &&&A.to go away from men& &&&B.to stop eating the grain& &&&C.not to eat the food with poison& &&&D.to be careful of men 30.Which of the following is true?& &&&A.Rats are cleverer than men.& &&&B.It's very difficult for men to kill rats.& &&&C.Men are the ablest animals on the earth.& &&&D.Men will soon be able to kill all rats.
Key: 21—25 C B D A C 26—30 D B A C B
Life today has brought about new problems.One of the biggest problems of every nation is pollution.In America,there are laws to keep the air and water pure and clean.These are new laws and it has taken much time to clean a polluted river or lake.Now the fish are healthy again and people can enjoy swimming in clean water. When food is brought from the grocery store to the home,it is packaged in paper,glass,tin,or plastic.Every day a newspaper comes to the home.Americans used to put all these materials in the garbage(垃圾)can which is picked up by a large truck.The truck takes these materials to a garbage dump(垃圾堆)or land fill.The truck dumps the garbage into a large hole and then land is pushed over the garbage until the hole is filled.Then,a new hole must be found. As the years went by,the garbage increased as the pollution grew.Scientists suggested that some garbage could be used again.They suggested four ideas to businessmen who could make money by recycling or using paper,glass,tin,and plastic again. Now,a recycling truck comes to each home once a week to pick up materials.American families collect their newspapers in boxes and clean all glass,tin,and plastic.The truck takes them to a factory for recycling. The newspaper is ground up into very small pieces and made into new paper again.The glass is divided into colours of green,brown,and clear mostly.The glass is crushed(捣、碾)and made into new glass.The tin is cleaned and melted so it can be made into new tin cans.The plastic is melted down so it can be used to make new containers. Recycling is a way to save the environment from pollution by using many materials again. 1.The food isso that we can take it to home easily. A.kept in fridges B.packaged in paper,glass,tin or plastic C.put in box,bag D.kept fresh 2.What did Americans use to do with the garbage? A.They burned all the garbage. B.They threw the garbage into the lakes or rivers. C.They dumped all the garbage into a large hole. D.They pushed land over the garbage until the hole was full then found another new hole. 3.Which of the following is their answer to the problem of pollution? A.Burying the garbage into large holes in the ground. B.Finding new land to fill with garbage. C.Keeping the air and water pure and clean. D.Recycling used paper,glass,tins and plastic bags. 4.In this passage the writer suggests that people. A.use garbage B.not pollute rivers or lakes C.recycle paper,glass,tin,and plastic D.both B and C 5.This passage does not tell us that. A.people keep cans for recycling B.in America,there are new laws to fight pollution C.air pollution is the most serious kind of pollution D.the newspaper can be made into new paper again 6.Which is NOT true? A.Trucks take old newspapers,used glass,tins and plastic bags to factories for recycling. B.Old newspapers ground up into very small pieces can be made into new paper. C.Tins are crushed and made into new tins. D.Plastic is made into new containers by being melted down. 参考答案: 1—6BCDDCC
One evening in November,Dr.Berlin received a telephone call from Mrs.Green.“Please,Dr.Berlin,come to my house.I had 5,000dollars on my desk and now it is gone.” Dr.Berlin arrived at Mrs.Green's house at eight o'clock.First he asked Mrs.Green,“When did you see the money last?” “At seven o'clock.I put it on my desk in my living room.Then I went to wash my hair.I came back at seven thirty and the money was gone.Then I rang you at once.” “I see,”Dr.Berlin said.“Were you alone in the house?”“No.My sister's son Jack was here,too.”Then Dr.Berlin and Mrs Green went to Jack's room. “Please sit down,”Jack said.Dr.Berlin sat in the only chair in the room.The chair was cold.He also saw some books on the ground near his feet. “What have you been doing this morning?”Dr.Berlin asked. “I came home at six thirty,and went right to my room.I've been sitting in that chair and reading all evening.I never got up and I never left the room.Maybe somebody came into the house and took my aunt's money.” After hearing that,Dr.Berlin was clear about who had taken the money. 1.When did Dr.Berlin answer the phone from Mrs.Green? 2.Where did Mrs.Green put her money? 3.When did the thief take Mrs.Green's money? 4.Who took the 5,000dollars? 5.Jack hadn't been sitting in that chair and reading all that evening,had he? 参考答案: 1. He answered the phone from her at 7:30. 2. She put it in her living room. 3. After Mrs Green went to wash her hair. 4. Jack did. 5. No, she hadn't.
II.阅读理解(Reading comprehension):(共30小题,计30分) 阅读下列短文或图表,然后完成文后各题。(21—30小题为选择题,每题只有一个最佳答案,答案涂在答题纸上;31—50小题为非选择题,请回答问题或完成填空题。) (A) BEIJING(Xiahua)—Chinese have started to enjoy cars at low prices after the country became a member of the World Trade Organization(WTO).At the same time,competition between people has become stronger.According to the China's Ministry of Personnel(人事部),about 170 million people will lose their jobs after the country has joined the WTO. However,many Chinese people living in other countries have come back home to face the challenges.So far,about 130 thousand people have returned.These days,people,especially youths,have got to know the challenges of entry to the WTO.Books on the WTO have been hot selling.Some people are learning more about the WTO by going to night schools. 21.This passage is probably. A.a story B.a note C.a letter D.a news report 22.According to the passage,how many people will lose their jobs after China has entered the WTO?About . A.170,000B.170,000,000&&C.130,000D.300,000,000 23.Who cares more about the challenges of entry to the WTO? A.Old people.B.Children. C.Young people.D.People from other countries 24.In this passage,“hot selling”means . A.the books sell well B.the books sell at high price C.people buy the books on hot weather D.people buy the books because they are new 25.What's the main idea of this passage? A.China has entered the WTO B.China meets the WTO challenges C.Many Chinese people have returned from foreign countries D.Some Chinese people are learning about the WTO by going to night school (B) In learning English,one should first pay attention to listening and speaking.It is the groundwork of reading and writing.You'd better try your best to speak while you do much listening.Don't be afraid of making mistakes.But be careful not to let them stop you from improving your English.While you are doing this,a good way is to write—keep a diary, write notes or letters,then if you can,ask some others to go through what you have written and tell you what is wrong.Many mistakes in your speaking will be easily found when you write.Through correcting the mistakes,you can do better in learning English. If you are slow in speaking,don't worry.One of the helpful ways is reading,either aloud or to yourself.The important thing is to choose something interesting to read.It mustn't be too difficult for you.When you are reading in this way,don't stop to look up the words if you can guess their meanings when they have nothing important to do with the sentences.You can do that some other time. 根据短文内容,选择最佳答案。 26.For the beginners,listening and speaking is . A.more important than reading and writing B.not so important as reading and writing C.less important than reading and writing D.not so useful in learning English 27.When you are speaking,you . A.may make as many mistakes as possible B.mustn't make any mistakes C.had better try to make as few mistakes as you can D.had better take a dictionary with you 28.One of the good ways to find your mistakes in your speaking is to. A.speak as much as possible B.write notes or letters C.ask some Americans to speak with you D.read more English books 29.If you want to be fast in speaking,you should choose something. A.difficult to read aloud B.easy to read to yourself C.interesting to read to yourself D.important to read aloud 30.In reading,if you meet a new word which has something important to do with the sentence,you'd better. A.stop to look it up& &B.not look it up and just go on reading C.stop reading at once D.not stop to look it up (C) 为各段文字找出相应的图并将其标号填在相应的横线上。
31.The microwave oven(烤箱、烤炉)is a very useful machine in the kitchen.There is a special kind of microwave oven for people with little or no eyesight.It has buttons(按钮)in Braille(布莱叶盲文).Open it,put your food in it,push the button for the right number of seconds or minutes and wait.At the end,you will hear a bell.You can use it for cooking or for making your food hot.It's very quick and 100%safe.If you like your cooked eggs yellow-and-white,not black,this machine is for you. 32.Every week on the radio there is a report for people with little or no eyesight.It goes on for half an hour.It has news,shopping reports and travel reports.It also has a“Helpline”.At the end of the programme you can phone for more information.There is a team of people to help callers. 33.Some towns have direction signs in Braille.There are little signs on the side of buildings with the name of the street.Inside tall buildings, the number of the floor is on Braille signs,too.Shops have them,too.If you want to go and buy some meat,it's easy.Feel the sign outside the door.That way,you won't ask for meat at the post office. 34.If you have little or no eyesight,you can get a“guide-dog(领路狗)”.The guide-dog is your“eyes”.You hold a handle and the dog walks in front of you.it will take you out in the streets.It will wait by the roadside.When it is safe,it will take you across the road. 31. 32. 33. 34.(D) It is hard to believe that people would actually poison(破坏)the water of their country.It is done by using the kind of poison that will kill a person immediately;it is done through carelessness. When the waste from toilets and kitchen drains(排水管)runs into city sewers(下水道)and then into streams,it carries harmful bacteria(细菌)that can cause such diseases as typhoid fever(伤寒)or intestinal(肠的)illness.Sometimes so much sewage(污水)has been let into streams that no amount of treatment(处理)or chemicals can purify(净化)the water for use as a city supply. Other wastes have been dumped(倾倒)into streams,such as acids(酸)from mines(矿井)and factories,salt water from oil fields,wastes from canneries,slaughter(屠宰)houses,paper mills(压榨机),and a great number of places.This adds to the pollution. The industries and cities that caused such pollution did it because dumping waste into the river seemed to be an easy and cheap way to get rid of it.But it certainly proved to be a wasteful way.The polluted water cut down on usable(可使用的)water supplies just as surely as if there had been no water in the rivers. 35.What is hard to believe? It's hard to believe that people would actually of their countries. 36.What does the waste from toilets and kitchen drains carry? It carries . 37.What is the result of so much sewage being let into the streams? No amount of can purify the water for use as a city water supply. 38.What are the other wastes that have been dumped into streams? They are . 39.Why did industries and cities dump waste into the water? Because they thought it was to get rid of it. 40.Why did it prove to be a wasteful way? Because the polluted water on usable water supplies. (E) Everyone knows something about the Backstreet Boys.They are one of the most popular bands in the world.Do you know everything about the Backstreet Boys? AJ-AJ loves parties.Sometimes he dances all night.He likes wearing unusual clothes because he likes being different from other people.He eats a lot of junk food.His favourite meal is hamburgers and chips. Brian-Brian is wild.He does crazy things,especially when he's with Nick,but he can be serious,too.He says what he thinks,but he doesn't like arguments.Brian and Kevin are cousins. Howie-Howie is vain.He always spends a lot of time in front of the mirror.He likes water skiing,surfing and dancing.Howie can also act.You can see him in the film Parenthood. Kevin-Fashion is important to Kevin.He spends a lot of money on clothes.He is the oldest one in the group,and sometimes he argues with the others because they are less mature than he.Kevin's favourite place is his bed.He loves to lie in bed a lot of his time. Nick-Nick loves Halloween.He likes scary films like Alien.He is the youngest and messiest Backstreet Boy.He comes from a musical family.His brother Aaron is a singer,too.Nick likes playing basketball, but he hates people calling him Nicky. 41.Are Brian and Kevin cousins? 42.Who is the oldest one of them? 43.Who is the youngest of the Backstreet boys? 44.In which film can you see Howie? (F) Look at the following television viewing guide,then answer the questions. ABC
^:30 Gardening Australia
&&7:30 The Report
Current affairs 8:00 Peter Ross Presents Design Classics Documentary series which examines the contribution of design to some of the most successful products marketed in the 20th century.
8:20 News
8:30 Movie: Three Amigos! (1986.PGR)
  Comedy western in which silent film heroes are summoned to Mexico for what they think will be a public appearance.They learn they have been called to rid a village of a band it leader. Stars
Steve Martin,Chevy Chase, Martin Short and Patrice Martinez. 10:10 News  10:20 Andrew Denton  Chat,musicand comedy show
  about sports-related activities. 11:30 NBA Basketball
7 5:30 Wheel of Fortune Game show 6:00 News 6:30 Home And Away Donald gets Bobby and Greg out of a sticky situation. Fin's mother makes life difficult for her children.   7:00 Music
   7:30 The Golden Girls (PGR) Rose and Miles need more thrills in their relationship,but Blanche has found too much excitement with a violent and abusive man.
8:00 Family Matters
How to bring up children?
8:30 Movie: Romance On The Orient Express(1985,AO,Rpt,S)
  A magazine editor and her English ex-boyfriend rekindle the flame on a train from Venice to Paris.Stars Cheryl Ladd,Stuart Wilson,Renee
  Asherson,Ralph Michael and John Gielgud.
   10:40 Tonight Live With Steve Visard
& &5:00 The Bugs Bunny Show Carton
& &6:00 News
6:30 Current Affairs   7:00 Sale Of The Century  Game Show 7:30Burke's Backyard Don Burke,the&Sunday Telegraph&columnist, shows people how to make the most of their gardens.Includes pet care tips,handy man hints visits to celebrities'homes. 8:30 Movie: Magic Moments (1989,PGR)
A suave stage magician from the United States captures the heart of a London TV producer. The magician and the producer's boss try to break each other's hold over her.Stars John Shea,Jenny Seagrove, Paul Freeman and Deborah Weston. 10:45 The World Tonight With Clive Robertson
45.Can you enjoy a basketball match on Channel ABC?What time? 46.What's on Channel 7 at 7:00? 47.What's on Channel 9 immediately after News? 48.What film is on Channel 7? 49.On which channel can people watch News three times? 50.At what time and on which channel can people watch Cartoons?
参考答案:
21—25DBCAB 26—30ACBCA 31—34CADB 35.poison the water 36.harmful bacteria 37.treatment or chemicals 38.acids,salt water and industrial wastes 39.an easy and cheap way 40.cut down 41.Yes,they are.42.Kevin is the oldest. 43.Nick is the youngest.44.We can see him in the film Parenthood. 45.Yes.At 11:30.46.Music.47.Current Affairs. 48.Romance On The Orient Express.49.On Channel ABC. 50.At 5:00 on Channel 9.

我要回帖

更多关于 challenges英语作文 的文章

随机推荐