What is your room like?What is iclean your roomm?有什么不一样,各自怎样回答?

雅思牛人帮忙改改口语part2 话题Describe your favorite room or apartment.-where it is-how long you have lived there-what rooms and furniture it has-why you like itMy favorite room is my den in my parents’ flat.I have lived there since we moved two years ago.It is a ro_百度作业帮
雅思牛人帮忙改改口语part2 话题Describe your favorite room or apartment.-where it is-how long you have lived there-what rooms and furniture it has-why you like itMy favorite room is my den in my parents’ flat.I have lived there since we moved two years ago.It is a room where I can do my own things without interruption.You know,I can surf the internet in the morning,in the afternoon,or in the evening,even though at midnight.And my parents normally do not know what I am doing in my den.So even though my room is not big enough and just has general furniture,like a bookcase with a desk and a chair,a wardrobe where I can put all my clothes and accessories,and a 1.8 meters size bed,I love my room very much.What I ought to stress is that my room has blue walls – which is my favorite color – is the most important reason why I love it.I think blue color represents calming vast seas that can relax me when I feel pressure.And it gives me dreams that have no boundaries.I like think everything whether it realistic or not.I often feel happy to do that.我底子真的很不好,什么语法啊,时态啊都不懂,请各位牛人不用手下留情,多多指教吧
我不是牛人,口语只是6,但是我最差的时候是4.5,跟你分享一点我的经验吧.您自己取舍.看你的底子应该能比较轻松的逐条回答问题,我想说的主要是思路上的问题.保守的方法,你一开口就可以把大部分你不善于回答或不善于描述的物件一两句回答完毕,这可以保证你不丢大分.之后你可以针对你最擅长的问题进行有策略的回答.比如第4问就比较好扩展,你提到了玩电脑,你可以继续延伸,你玩电脑都干些什么,学习(给教授发邮件商讨论文),娱乐(电影,游戏),说的差不多了最后绕回来,我自己的小窝可以给我的个人生活带来方便和必要的隐私.这样就有话可说了.但是如果我来回答,我会针对第四个问题这样回答,我会说我喜欢听音乐和饲养宠物,音乐让我放松,减轻压力,在我自己的屋子里放音乐可以尽量不会打扰到家人及邻居.我收养了一条狗狗,但是妈妈不太喜欢狗,在我自己的房间里养狗会尽量不打扰到家人同时也满足了我饲养宠物的愿望.之所以这样答,我是觉得外国人一般比较喜欢音乐和宠物,要说一些有感而发并且能打动考官的事情,举这样比较实在的例子让他们会对你陡然提高好感,这样才能从各种各样既boring又模式化的答案中脱颖而出.祝,成功!
我建议你去找专业老师帮你改。有的时候答案好坏不仅仅是语言问题,还有方向性把握。你联系一下王陆老师或者颜炜老师吧,在他们的博客里面留言就好
您可能关注的推广回答者:当前位置:
>>>—What is in your room?—______[ ]AThe bedB A lamp-一年级英语..
—What is in your room?
A.&The bed&&
题型:单选题难度:中档来源:专项题
马上分享给同学
据魔方格专家权威分析,试题“—What is in your room?—______[ ]AThe bedB A lamp-一年级英语..”主要考查你对&&特殊疑问句&&等考点的理解。关于这些考点的“档案”如下:
现在没空?点击收藏,以后再看。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
特殊疑问句
特殊疑问句:以特殊疑问词开头,对句中某一成分提问的句子叫特殊疑问句。常用的疑问词有:what、who、whose、which、when、where、how、why等。特殊疑问句往往是就其中的某一成分,进行提问,而且根据情况直接回答,不能用yes或no简单回答。 常见的疑问代词有who, whose, which, what;疑问副词有when, where, why, how。 例:What do you do on Sunday? 你周日的时候干什么?&&&&&Which class are you in? 你在哪个班?&&&&&Where does Mr. Li live? 李先生住在哪?&&&&&Why are you late? 你为什么迟到?特殊疑问句的构成:一、 特殊的疑问词。 特殊疑问句要由疑问代词或疑问副词开头,询问的内容不同, 使用的疑问词也不同。我们学过的疑问词有:what(询问事物), how much(询问价格),what time (询问时间,尤其是点钟), what kind of(询问种类),why(询问原因),who(询问人), where(询问地点) 等等。如: —What is this? 这是什么? —It's a key. 这是一把钥匙。 —How much is it? 这个多少钱? —It's twenty dollars. 二十美元。 —What kind of movies do you like? 你喜欢哪一类型的电影? —I like action movies. 我喜欢动作片。 二、特殊的语序。 特殊疑问句由疑问词开头,其构成是“疑问词 + 一般疑问句”。如: What time is it? 现在几点钟? Who is your teacher? 谁是你的老师? 三、特殊的答语。 特殊疑问句不能用yes, no来回答,而应根据它所询问的内容直接做出回答才行。如: — What time is it, please? 请问几点了? — It's 7:30. 七点半了。 — Where are they? 他们在哪儿? —They're in the playground. 他们在操场上。 —What's your favorite subject? 你最喜爱的科目是什么? —English. 英语。 四、 特殊的语调。 一般情况下,特殊疑问句要用降调(↘)来读。如: Who's ↘that? How old is↘Jack?
特殊疑问句有两种语序:1.如疑问词作主语或主语的定语,即对主语或主语的定语提问,其语序是陈述句的语序:Who is singing in the room﹖whose bike is broken﹖2.如疑问词作其他成分,即对其他成分提问,其语序是:特殊疑问词+一般疑问句【特殊疑问词+be/助动词/情态动词+主语+谓语】What does she like?What class are you in﹖Where are you from﹖What time does he get up every morning﹖How do you know﹖就划线部分提问的基本方法:小学对特殊疑问句的考查主要采取对划线句子提问的方式,那么在句型转换就划线部分提问的基本方法是:先根据划线部分词语的意思和句法功能确定用什么疑问词;然后将原句变为一般疑问句跟在疑问词的后面即可(注意去掉划线部分)。 基本构成:疑问词+一般疑问句 A、对“物”划线用What。&&&This is an orange. → What is this? & We can see a cat under the desk. → What can you see under the desk? B、对“地点”划线用Where,如果“地点”作定语时,用Which后跟被修饰的那个名词。&&&He is under the tree. → Where is he?&&&Jenny is in the classroom. → Where is Jenny?&C、对“年龄”划线用How old。&&&Miss Li is twenty-three. → How old is Miss Li?&& My sister is five years old. → How old is your sister? D、对“颜色”划线,用What colour。&&&Her sweater is red. → What colour is her sweater?&E、对“可数名词的数量”划线用How many +复数名词。 & She has one red coat. → How many red coats does she have? & I have six books. → How many books do you have? F、对“不可数名词的数量”划线用How much+不可数名词。  I want to buy three kilos of meat. →How much meat do you want to buy? G、对“职业”划线用What。&&&She is a driver. → What is she? & My father is a farmer. → What is your father? H、对“星期几”划线用What day。  It's Sunday today. → What day is it today? I、对“时间”划线用What time。  We go to school at seven in the morning. → What time do you go to school in the morning? & It is five o’clock now. → What time is it?
发现相似题
与“—What is in your room?—______[ ]AThe bedB A lamp-一年级英语..”考查相似的试题有:
2561503149699462884031604226958热门关键字:
常见问题解答
联系电话:400-027-9638
传真:027-
学校地址:武汉市洪山区珞瑜路560号吴家
湾大厦19楼
当前位置:首页 > 考题预测
2014年6月托福独立口语机经预测及参考答案(上)
信息来源:新思达国际英语学校官网 发布时间:
摘要:新思达武汉雅思培训学校为大家整理了2014年6月托福独立口语机经预测及参考答案,由于题库较多,所以分上中下三篇文章。新思达小编在这里要提醒大家的是,参考此机经预测的人数较多,所以话题的模板仅供参考,希望大家都能整理出自己的话题模板。
080427CN=070113CN
S1: Describe your favorite room either of your own house or in other places and explain why.
My favorite room in my house is the den! Before moving in a couple years ago with my family, I had never lived in a place with a den before. There’s something so fun about having a special little room placed off to the side of everything else. It’s cozy and intimate. The simple act of watching movies on a stormy night becomes heightened, like the room’s only purpose is to provide enjoyment. The den in my house also has a door that opens right to the backyard. On nice days, I leave that door open and let the cool breeze and sound of chirping birds into the room. I love it. It’s such a peaceful part of the house!
S2: 13年9月28日已考
090118CN=080215NA
S1: Among the following three professions, which do you think make the biggest contribution to society? Teachers, famers, doctors.
I think teachers make the biggest contribution to society. If you’re thinking of it from the base level of young children, four and five year-olds who have not yet entered school, how do they eventually become doctors? How do they become business leaders and scientists and writers and chefs and engineers? They have to be taught! They not only have to be taught the specifics of their field when they’re old enough, but they have to be taught general information throughout their childhood to even get them to the point of having a career. No matter what a person eventually contributes to society, there’s a good chance that at some point in their life they were inspired and taught by a teacher!
S2: Do you agree or disagree with the following question. In order to stay happy, you must have a job that you love doing.
I kind of agree with this. I don’t think you have to do a job that you love in order to stay happy. I mean, it is possible for a person to be happy even if he or she is doing something that’s not completely enjoyable. If you’re a struggling sculptor, for instance, who is working at a grocery store to be able to pay your rent, I don’t think that’s a reason to be unhappy! Sometimes you need to
there’s no shame in that. Just continue to work on your sculptures on the weekends and never give up on your passion. Keep it alive. And maybe someday you will find steady work as a sculptor. It’s completely possible!
090329CN=070804CN
S1: Describe a day that you enjoyed the most or was the most special to you. Include reasons and details to support your response.
My 6th birthday was a really great day. A whole bunch of my classmates and I went to the petting zoo and played with all the animals. We got to pet the goats and rabbits and feed them little handfuls of food. Then, the best part, all of us kids got to take turns riding a pony around the barnyard! I still remember her name was Sheba and she was gray with pretty, almost silver speckles. I’m sure she was walking pretty slowly in her little circle, but to a six year-old it was like a rollercoaster ride! Then my parents brought out the ice cream cake. It was so delicious! I still enjoy birthdays now, but something about birthdays when you’re a little kid is just extra exciting. Those are some of my best memories.
S2: Some people prefer to have classes during the day and do part-time jobs in the evening while others prefer to have classes in the evening and do part-time jobs during the day. Which do you prefer?
I prefer to have classes during the day and a part-time job in the evening. That’s mainly because if I’m in a lecture class in a warm dark room and it’s getting later into the evening, there’s a very good chance I’m going to be falling asleep at my desk! That’s not helpful to my studies and it definitely doesn’t make my professors happy if they notice. So, I much prefer to go to class in the daytime when the sun is shining and I’m wide awake. I might still be sleepy at my evening job, but at least there I’m continually engaged by my co-workers and customers. They kind of keep me alert. I’m talking to people and not just sitting in silence. I feel like everything just works out better that way.
090516CN=071017CN
S1: Describe the most important decision you have made. Explain why this decision was important to you.
When I was eighteen, I had to decide whether to go to college near my home or on the other side of the country. It stumped me for several weeks, honestly. I was about to whatever I chose could drastically alter my future! Was I going to have the comforts of home or the adventure of a new place? Eventually, I decided to attend the college across the country. I realized that, no matter what, things were going to change when I went to university. I might as well embrace those changes and experience a brand new town and people. The great part is that my home is still there, waiting for me! I just have more life experience and stories to tell now.
S2: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All students should be required to study art and music in secondary school.
I quite disagree with the idea that all high school students should be required to study art and music. I admit that art and music open the door of creativity for students, which may benefit their whole life. However, with all the expectations that parents and teachers place on them, today’s high school students are already having a stressful life. Adding another compulsory course into the fully-packed school curriculum would only make their life busier and less enjoyable. Furthermore, studying art and music is costly because you have to purchase paint, canvas, instruments, and so on. This could be a burden to some of the parents.
S1:Question:Some schools require students to take part in community service activities after school. Which of the following do you think is the best activity for students? 1. planting flowers in the community 2.doing clean-ups in the garden 3. recycling waste.
sample answer:
There are 2 reasons why planting flowers is the best community service activity for students. First of all, flowers make the community more beautiful. Most people love to look at and smell flowers, especially in the spring and summer. And whenever community members see the flowers that the students planted in their town, they will fondly remember the students who planted them. The second reason is that it brings people together. When students plant the flowers they will probably work alongside townspeople. By working together as a team, students will understand the importance of being part of a community. They will also learn that making contributions to their community makes everybody happier and more productive.
S2:Question: Do you agree or disagree with the statement? Teachers should make their lessons fun.
I definitely think that teachers should make their lessons fun. The main reason is that if lessons are fun, students will want to learn. When students enjoy their lessons, they are more likely to come to class, talk to their classmates, and do their homework. On the other hand, if lessons are boring, students will probably be absent more often, not participate in class activities, and not do their homework. From my experience as a student, I know this is true. I never used to like studying world history because I always had boring teachers. But a few years ago I had a professor who always delivered creative and fun lessons. I loved studying with him, and so did my classmates, and by the end of the semester we had learned so much.
090613CN=070728CN
S1: Describe the changes in your life five years from now on. Include specific examples and details in your explanation.
In five years’ time, I hope to have moved to the country. Living on a small farm would be ideal. I want to raise chickens and grow vegetables and be able to drink my coffee out on my front porch in the morning in complete peaceful silence. Hopefully by then I will have submitted some of my photographs to magazines an that’s been a dream of mine for a long time. I also think I will be more relaxed in five years. I was kind of an anxious teenager, but have started to calm down more recently. That will continue, I think. I’ll keep meditating and practicing tai chi and just feel more at peace with everything. I also hope to have paid off my student loans by then! That will definitely help me to be less stressed!
S2: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Power and money is the symbol of success.
I disagree with this. Of course, it can be very nice to have power and money. Some people out there have the whole package: power, money, family, good health, and so on. They could definitely be called successful in their life. But to aim for only power and money seems kind of shortsighted. I’ve known too many cold, shallow people who have a good job and are quite wealthy, but shut out others and don’t even seem to enjoy themselves. They become selfish and strange and still oddly unsatisfied. Meanwhile, there are many people who may not be rich, but they make the best out of everything. They find joy in their loved ones and hobbies. When they do have money to spare, they appreciate it. They’re happy, and I think that’s what true success is.
091101CN=070817NA
S1: What is your favorite outdoor place to do exercise in a nice day?
There is a park a few blocks away from my house where I go running quite often. It’s pretty simple: just a large field with a track going around it. But the atmosphere of the park is just so quiet and comforting. It’s tucked behind this big hundred year-old building and almost seems hidden. On the other side of the park, a tall hill covered in pine trees casts its shadow over you. You feel closed-in and cozy. Many times when I’ve gone running there, I’ve seen deer and rabbits eating the grass and casually walking across the track. They seem to enjoy the park just as much as I do! It’s such a lovely place. I can’t believe more people don’t know about it.
S2: Some people like to have a break or get a job during summer vacation. Others think it is better to take a class. Which do you prefer and why?
I try to take on a part-time job during my summer vacations, if I can. Sometimes it will only be for one day a week. It’s just always helpful to get the work experience and keep myself on some sort of productive schedule. I’m much less likely to take a class during the summer. I’m often so exhausted from all the homework and tests and papers from the school year that I truly need to get away from it for a while. I need to recharge. That way, I can start the new school year with a good attitude, not feeling like I’m going to crash and burn immediately. So my summers are an easy blend of relaxing and working a simple job. I find that it helps make the rest of the year more productive and fulfilling.
091114CN=080329NA
S1: Describe a most unforgettable success in your life. Explain why it was important to you. Include reasons and examples to support your response.
Many years have passed, but till today, I still could not forget the challenging experience when I successfully found my first job as a journalist. You know I have dreamed to be a journalist since I was a child. And I went to study journalism in a university because of that. But when I graduated, I found it was very difficult for a female to be a journalist nowadays, for the job is really a tough one. But I overcame it by proving I could persist in the tough work no less than men, and then I got it. I wrote articles critically and always accepted new ideas around U1e world. I am proud of my achievements in news press.
S2: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is never too late for an old person to receive higher education and to get a university degree. Use specific reasons to support your answer.
From my perspective, I totally agree with the statement that people are never too late to receive university education to get a degree. I have two reasons for holding my opinion. First of all, from university we can learn a lot. Besides the knowledge from the textbooks, we also learn skills such as critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills. With these knowledge and skills we can survive in today's fierce job market and get a satisfying job after graduation. What's more, we can meet new people who are important human resources for us to have a better career. We can cooperate with each other so to succeed in the future. Those classmates we met in college can become our future human resources for many years. So, all in all, I agree with this statement.
100123CN=080314NA
S1: What's your favorite toy or game in your childhood?
My favorite toy when I was a child was a stuffed teddy bear that named Rudolph. My grandma bought him for me when I was 2 years old. I have a lot of memories of this stuffed animal, and I still have him on my bed to sleep with every night. As a child, I used to bring Rudolph everywhere with me, and I still remember one instance: I had been shopping with my grandpa and I accidentally left Rudolph at the store, not realizing it until we got home. My grandpa drove me back to the store to get him, and I never forgot that. I’ve always felt like I’d only be able to get to sleep if Rudolph was by my side.
S2: Do you like to be taught by experienced teachers or by new teachers?
I think in most of the cases I would like to be taught by a veteran teacher rather than a rookie teacher. Think about visiting a dentist or seeking advice from an attorney, I'm sure many people would prefer the most experienced because they are more likely to possess well-developed skills and hands-on experience to provide what you need. New teachers may be well trained in terms of teaching methodology, but it is only through the real-world application of these theories that teachers reach their full potential, and that takes time. My own experience also proves this. From high school to university I've always done much better in subjects taught by experienced teachers than in those taught by new teachers.
100227CN=081114NA
S1: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is good for students to attend a university or college in a foreign country. Explain why.
Studying overseas has a number of advantages. Firstly, it may give students access to knowledge and facilities such as laboratories and libraries which are not available in their home country. Furthermore, by looking abroad students may find a wider range of courses than those offered in their home country, and therefore one which fits more closely to their particular needs. Finally, students learn to be independent and more adaptable to a new environment. These are important qualities for future success. So I would say it is good for students to study in a foreign country.
S2: 13年3月30日已考
100410CN=090313NA
S1: Describe a gift that you want to give to someone.
If I were to give someone a gift, I would choose something that is personally hand-made. A photo calendar would be a good choice because it's not only memorable but also useful. It's easy to make your own photo calendar as a gift. There are many websites where you can print out a calendar using a template but customize the photos in the calendar. So I would upload some of the nice photos I took recently, especially those that would remind us of the sweet memories we shared, like the pictures of a beach or a party we went to together.
To make it even more personal, I would write on each page of the calendar a few words expressing how I cherish our friendship.
S2: Is it easier to be a teacher than to be a student?
I've never been a teacher before but I guess it must be more difficult than being a student. First, being a teacher, especially a professional and well4 1iked one, you have to possess an abundance of knowledge and skills in at least one subject. To achieve this, a teacher often has to spend years studying teaching methodology and even more years practicing and improving their skills or teaching. Also, teachers have much greater responsibility and thus more pressure than students do. Teachers often try very hard to meet the great expectations or both the student, and their parents, as well as the high standards set by school management and the general public. This could lead to high levels of stress for teachers.
100424CN=081108NA
S1: Describe your favorite teacher. Explain why you like him or her. Include reasons and details to support your response.
My favorite teacher is Miss Yang, a 30.-year-old young woman who is now teaching me English in a training school. I like her because she is NOT like a teacher in a traditional sense. You know what a stereotyped teacher looks like - serious, strict, sometimes intimidating. But Miss Yang is different. She is full of energy in the classroom, always smiling. She uses humorous language and dramatic body gestures to capture the attention of every student, so no one falls asleep during her class, no matter how uninteresting the topic was. I like her also because she is a responsible teacher. She would correct each little mistake that 1 made in my written essay. I know that must have been time-consuming.
I prefer to take time and think carefully before making the final decision. I don't like risks or surprises, so I need to evaluate the risks associated with each alternative before making a decision, and once I've made one, I know it's final and I won't change it or regret having made it later. Also, for some important decisions, I need to consult other people for their opinion. For example, if I am making decisions about which university to apply for, or even whom to marry, I would certainly discuss this with my parents or my best friends. I need time to make sure the decisions I've made is the right one.
100710CN=090515NA
S1: Describe a time when you tried to do something that you have never done. Explain what you did and why you did it.
Talking about something I tried to do for the first time. I can't help but think of last summer when I did my first bungee jumping in Macao. l travelled there with my friends and we were visiting the Macau Tower when we came across this big bungee jumping sign. It took me a while to collect enough courage and finally make the decision to have a try because 1 was not an adventurous person at all. But
I thought I should do something that could make me proud of myself, so I gave it a shot. I was connected to a large elastic cord. After making sure everything was OK, I jumped off the platform. I think it was 200 or 300 meters high. The free falling lasted about 20 seconds but for me it was close to forever.
S2: Some people prefer to do one job or project at one time. Other people prefer to do several jobs or projects at the same time. Which do you prefer and why?
I think it's better to focus on doing one thing at a time, rather than handling multiple tasks at the same time. The human brain is not
it really can't think of that many things in parallel. If you are hungry and thinking about donuts, then you probably will not be able to focus on solving a math problem. So if you dedicate all your thoughts to only one task, you will get it done more quickly and accurately, whereas if you split your time and effort between different tasks, you run the risk of not completing any one of them with good quality. This is why at the end of each term I would cancel another activities and focus on preparing for the exams only.
100821CN=080516NA
S1: 13年3月24日已考
S2: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Children should be required to help with household tasks as soon as they are old enough to do so. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
100828CN=090725NA
S1: Describe one thing you didn’t want to do but you were asked to do. Explain what the result of that thing was. Include reasons and details in your response.
When I was younger, maybe eight or nine, my parents decided that every Sunday evening I should clean the entire living room. That meant I had to vacuum, dust, pick up everything off the floor, and anything else they could think of. I hated it at first. All I wanted to do was play or watch TV. I acted like I was being tortured, doing each task really slowly. But eventually, once I turned some music on and got a rhythm going, it actually started to be pretty fun. l turned the chores into my own little game, seeing how quickly and efficiently I could do everything. And when I was done, the living room was so much more pleasant to be in. I ended up getting a real satisfaction from the whole experience.
S2: Some people prefer to make detailed plans for the future. Others prefer to concentrate on present things and don't make any plans at all. Which way do you prefer? Use specific reasons to support your answer.
I like to make plans for the future because otherwise I feel like I'm just floating around aimlessly and that's a very frustrating feeling. I want to have the sense that there's somet11ing on the 11orizon, whether it's a class I'm going to take or some location 1 want to travel to. Even if 1 don't have enough money for a vacation right now, just doing the research about places like France or Italy makes the idea of visiting them seems that much more exciting. Don' I love living in the moment and enjoying the sights and sounds and people that are in front of me. But plans are very important, too. They can provide a certain structure and hope, something to look forward to and feel good about.
100918CN =090221NA
S1: What do you think is the most important quality of a working environment: good leaders, good colleagues, or flexible time?
Friendly colleagues, a good leader and a flexible time schedule are all essential elements for an enjoyable and productive work environment, but if I had to choose between them, being able to work flexibly would be my first consideration because it gives me a sense that I am in control of my own life. I hate having to get up so early every day at the same time or squeezing myself into crowded public transportation. By working flexible hours, I can travel to and from work in non-peak hours, which will reduce not only travel time but also costs. Also, it enables me to rearrange my holiday /workdays so it might be possible for me to have a much longer vocation, like two or three months, when I can travel extensively and non-stop.
S2: Do you agree or disagree: cell phone changes our lives greatly.
For me, there's no doubt that cell phones have substantially improved our lives in many ways. The obvious reason is that so many things have become so much easier now. We can connect with family, organize to meet friends, and even run a business, by using a cell phone. The best thing is that we can do all of these things spontaneously. Furthermore, new advances in cell phone technology have given us many new ways to use a cell phone-such as listening to music, watching movies, and surfing the Internet, but 20 years ago these things were quite unimaginable. Therefore, cell phones have greatly improved people's lives.
100926CN=090621CN=080223NA
S1: Describe a character in a book, film, or poem, and explain why you like it.
I really like the character of Forrest from the movie Forrest Gump. I get the feeling that he sees some things clearer than anyone else, like when he knows that it’s not good for Jenny to be in an abusive relationship, or that Lieutenant Dan is still the same person he was before his injury and can still lead an accomplished life. He has such a pure heart and that’s very admirable. Forrest Gu he doesn’t let the world tarnish him. Sometimes he’s in silly situations and sometimes he’s in upsetting situations, but he just continues to do what he thinks is right.
S2: 130901已考
101031CN=090925NA
S1: Describe an important day in your life. Explain why it is important.
When I was seven, I look swimming lessons during the summer at our local outdoor pool. I could swim okay, but was still petrified of the diving board. Multiple times, when class was over for the day. I stood on the end of the board and stared at the water, desperately wanting to jump-in. Finally, on the last day of swim classes, I was at the board once again. My heart was pounding, but I used that adrenaline to fling myself off the board. It was kind of awful! Water got up my nose and I sputtered, coughing, to the surface. Yet, I was so incredibly proud that I had jumped in the First place! My mom even bought me ice-cream as a reward. I haven't jumped off a diving board since, but I'll always have the knowledge that 1 was brave enough to do it once.
S2: Watching TV is not a good use of time. Do you agree or disagree?
I have to say that I disagree with this statement. I feel like whenever people say that television is a waste of time or that nobody should watch it, they're only thinking of the negative aspects of television, like realty trashy reality shows or something. But at its best, television can be every bit as artistic and thoughtful as a novel or a great movie. Over the past fifteen years especially, there have been a great number of dramatic TV shows with rich characters and complicated, intelligent plot lines. Audiences can laugh, cry, and marvel at these television shows, while seeing the world from unexpected perspectives. It's not brainless in the least!
101114CN=090807NA
S1: Describe a historical event that you’re interested in most. Explain why you are interested in it and want to know more about it. Include reasons and examples to support your response.
I have long been fascinated by the sinking of the Titanic ever since I watched the movie they made about it I still have many questions like how it was built, how they had called it unsinkable beforehand, how the passengers ranged from some of the wealthiest people in the world to poor third class people in cramped rooms on the lower decks, how they insisted on seating the women and children in the lifeboats before the men ... There are just so many tragic and unbelievable elements that all came together on one horrible night! Everything happened so fast and so long ago, there are still so many factors I wonder about.
But every time I learn something new about Titanic’s sinking, I feel like I'm uncovering part of the mystery.
S2: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? What a person wears can show his or her personality.
I would agree, for the most part, but only in a very general sense. For instance, if someone is dressed very sharply, in a nice suit, I would think them to be professional and on-the-ball. I don't know any details about their personality, but at least I know they were thoughtful enough and had enough foresight to dress very nicety that day. Meanwhile, if someone is wearing sweatpants and a raggedy old t-shirt with stains all over it, I might think they were sloppy and careless. Once again, they could be the nicest person in the worl I have no idea about who they truly are! But their fashion choices can give me an immediate read on them, whether it is entirely accurate or not.
101121CN=090530NA
S1: Talk about an activity you enjoyed doing with your family when you were a child. Describe the activity and explain why it was enjoyable to do this activity with your family.
When I was a kid, my family and I used to go hiking in the summertime. We would wake up really early, when it was still dark, and my mom would make us blueberry pancakes in the shapes of different animals. The smell of brewing coffee filled the whole house and I loved that. Then we’d head out to one of the nearby trails. There were tons of them within
it was really nice. I don’t remember the individual names of the trails anymore, but they were all dense with pines trees and absolutely gorgeous. My mom and dad would lead the way, with my brother and I lagging behind and telling jokes to each other as we hiked. One place in particular had a waterfall at the top of the trail. That was my favorite. We would picnic up there and I would feel so peaceful and connected to everything, there with my family in the vast wilderness. Those are great memories.
S2: Some students prefer to study or work on difficult class assignments early in the morning. Other students prefer to do this type of work in the evening. Which do you prefer and why?
I prefer to study and work on assignments early in the morning. In the evening I like to be able to relax and settle into my routine before going to bed. I’ll watch some TV, drink some tea or hot chocolate…I want to be at ease and free of burden, not stressing out over homework and deadlines. I sleep much better that way. Even the darkness of the eve I feel like my work would suffer if I tried to do it then. But in the mornings I’m alert and ready to go. I have a new, energized sense of determination and I work much faster and more productively. The key is to do each homework assignment a couple days ahead of schedule, so that I’m not scrambling to complete it just a few hours before it’s due!
110108CN=091211NA
S1: Talk about a type of movie you do not like. Explain why you do not like this type of movie.
I'm not really a fan of romantic comedies. I feel like there's so much potential for a cute, charming, funny story of two people falling in love, but the majority of the time the movies are overall failures. The women are always rigid workaholics, the men are always too perfect and bland ... Everyone is just a lame stereotype that I can't connect with. And the situations they get themselves into are so stupid. There's a wacky misunderstanding, a frantic rush to an airport, a reunion in the rain. It's so predictable and obvious how everything is going to turn out that 1 just can't make myself care. Movies like that make romance look stale and corny. They're not funny, either. They're just awkward.
S2: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Students should do part-time jobs before attending college.
I think having a part-time job before going to college is probably a good idea. First of all, it will help you transition into living a more independent life. The responsibilities you'll have at your job, even things like getting yourself there on time, will prepare you for the increased responsibilities of college and possibly living away from home. It can be quite a shock going from being a sheltered kid to being an adult with deadlines and precise schedules. A part-time job while still a teenager can make it easier. Also, that work experience is only going to help you in the future. Even if you're just working at a fast food restaurant, you will gain customer service experience that will help with job searches both during and after college.
110212CN=091010NA
S1: Describe a special experience that has changed you in life. Give reasons why it changed you with examples/details.
I've never been a fan of thunderstorms. I have this irrational fear that lightning is going to hit my house or electrocute something I'm touching ... I just get scared and wait anxiously for the storm to pass I But once when I was a teenager I was babysitting my young cousin and, lo and behold, a storm started up outside. It was bad, with trees bending in the wind and the rain pelting the windows nonstop. Thunder was rumbling really loudly and my cousin, Theo, told me that he was scared. For a second I didn't really know what to say. But then I decided I had to be the adult and assuage his fears rather than linger on my own. I built a little makeshift tent in the living room with a blanket and a few chairs and had Theo climb in there with me. We sang songs to distract ourselves from the storm and soon enough he was perfectly fine. I felt really proud that day, like I was on the road to maturity.
S2: Do you prefer to learn from current people and events or from people and events in the past?
I prefer to learn from people and events in the past. I feel like, when events are current, we sometimes can't properly understand them. We're just living them, day-to-day, perhaps without seeing the big picture. We can't see the forest for the trees, as the saying goes. There needs to be that distance of time in order to have proper comprehension. It is only then that the themes and patterns emerge and we can learn what sorts of things work and what sorts of things are harmful, or what is right and what is wrong. I would feel much more confident proclaiming something from twenty years ago as wise o r a brilliant idea over something contemporary, where I'm still not even sure what all of its results and ramifications will be.
110220CN=090919NA
S1: Describe a tool or object that you rely on often in your daily life. Explain why it is important to you. Include reasons and examples to support your response.
Answer 1 (object): I would be lost without my coffee cup! When I was a teenager, coffee wasn't really a necessity for me. Then I went to college and was suddenly falling asleep in class! This was happen it was horrible! I guess the combination of increased homework and having fun in the dorms was making me stay up way too late. Anyway, the solution that I came to was to always, always have coffee with me. Every morning I make strong, black coffee and fill my portable coffee cup to the brim. I take it with me everywhere I go, from my dorm to my classroom to the library.
Answer 2 (tool): Well, the object I'd like to talk about is my electronic dictionary. My father gave it to me as my birthday present. It is very smart and can be carried about very easily. It includes several major dictionaries such as the Oxford English Dictionary, the Contemporary Longman Dictionary, the Collins English Dictionary, etc. It's quite extensive and can contain up to 500,000 headwords and definitions.
It has a lot of useful features. I can look up the pronunciation of new words. It also includes a lot of sentences so t can learn how to use the word in my daily conversation and in my writing. It is very useful in helping me prepare for my Toefl test.
S2: Some people prefer to solve a challenge all by themselves. Others prefer to depend on other people's help. Which do you prefer and why? Include details and examples in your explanation.
Answer1 (giving reasons): Whenever I face a challenge, I would boldly confront this challenge and try to overcome it as best as I could, by myself. I think being able to solve a difficult problem w1thoot the help of other proves that you are an independent and competent person, which will win you respect and trust from people around you. Also, you can feel a much greater sense of fulfillment and excitement after successfully dealing: with a challenge all by yourself than with others' help. Finally, in many cases there is no one to turn to when you need help because either people are unwilling to help or they are not competent enough to do so.
Answer2 (giving detailed example): I usually prefer to solve challenges by myself. I ask friends for advice some times, but ultimately nobody knows my situation as well as I do. Last year, for instance, I thought my biology professor was grading our tests way too harshly. My roommate was absolutely sure that I needed to confront him and that he was an unqualified teacher. But I held back, because I interacted with the man every day and could tell he was realty nice. So instead I asked his teaching assistant what we could expect for the rest of the semester. She assured me that everything would get much easier. That made me feel better and I was glad that everything would get much easier. That made me feel better and I was glad that listened to my intuition, because I knew the situation better than my roommate did.
110312CN=091204NA
S1: Which person do you want to know more about? Explain why.
Answer 1 (Qin Shi Huang): The person I have always wanted to learn more about is Qin Shi Huang, the first emperor of China. Although I've read plenty of information about him in textbooks, historical novels and films, there are still a few unsolved mysteries that I am very curious about. For example, I would like to know where he was born exactly, as these is a bit of a controversy regarding his true birthplace. And secondly,-although this sounds weird- who is Qin Shi Huang's father? The answer to this question remained a mystery and I guess it will remain a mystery forever until a possible ONA test could be conducted.
Answer 2(Charlie Chaplin): I am always interested in anything I can learn about the silent film star Charlie Chaplin. I think it is because he's such an icon and even if you are a little kid or you've never seen any of his movies, you know his face. You can picture his moustache and his bowler hat and his funny walk. His image is larger than life and transcends a time span of nearly a century. Yet, of course, he was a real flesh and blood person behind all the fame. He grew up in poverty, he had eleven children, and he wrote and directed his own films and composed the musk for them! He was sentimental, but also a womanizer and very controlling. All of these things just fascinate me because I also deeply respect his talent and enjoy his movies, I love learning about the true life of the legend.
S2: Do you like to go to one place and stay there for a long time for your vacation, or different places and spend little time at each place?
I prefer to move around to different places during a vacation, if at all possible. I want to see as many aspects of a new place as I can. So if I were to visit, say, Britain, I would try to stay in a hotel in London and then maybe a bed and breakfast out in a more rural area and then another hotel up in Glasgow. That really keeps everything fresh and exciting. You are not just returning to the same hotel room every night for two weeks. You're having a blast in one spot, yet anticipating how fun the next location is going to be as well! And you have the satisfaction of feeling that you really saw a wide scope of a country and took every opportunity you could while visiting.
110313CN=090912CN=080802NA
S1: Choose ONE of the forms of the technology in the list and tell why it has great impact on people's lives in your country? Airplane, computer or television. Use specific reasons and examples to support your response.
I would like to talk about the computer, which I think has revolutionized people’s lives in my country, in at least two very important areas – education and entertainment. In education, because of computer multimedia technology, students don’t have to spend a long time learning abstract theo they can see them demonstrated vividly and on a computer screen, which is so much easier to understand. In entertainment, computer games have become a major part of almost anyone’s childhood in my country, and have often replaced other recreational activities that used to be very popular such as doing sports, which is a pity. But I would also like to argue that playing computer games moderately is beneficial to children’s hand-eye coordination and problem-solving skills.
S2: Which is better for children? To grow up in a big city
In my opinion, it’s better for a child to grow up in a big city. I think first of all, in the city a child can receive better education because in most countries, the best educational resources and facilities such as teachers, libraries, and laboratories are always found in big cities rather than in small towns. Another important advantage is that by living in a big city, children are more connected to the outside world. In a city like Shanghai, children can go to museums, theaters or visit exhibitions every day to see the latest shows on foreign arts and culture, whereas in a small town, you can hardly get the opportunity to see these things.
110320CN=091219NA
S1: If a foreign visitor comes to your country, what food will you introduce to him/her? Explain why.
I would offer to take this foreign tourist to the most popular local restaurant in my city and recommend this wonderful Chinese cuisine, which is called "kung pao chicken", diced chicken fried with chili and peanuts. Actually this is the most popular C you can find it in every Chinese restaurant, big or small. The 2008 Beijing Olympic Games even made it to the top of the official menu to cater to the myriad tastes of international guest. But I have another reason to recommend "kung pao chicken", which has something to do with a cooking contest I won when I was in college. I spent days researching and experimenting with methods to improve ways to make the perfect "kung pao chicken" and finally I was able to impress the judges. So to recommend "kung pao chicken" also means opportunity to boast this particular experience in front of the foreign guest and hopefully win his/her praise.
S2:13年5月26日已考
110326CN=090123NA
S1: Talk about an experience of learning something new. What difficulties do you have to overcome in order to learn it?
I can still remember how I first learned to ride a bicycle when I was only six. At first, I found that I wasn't tall enough, so I had to lower the seat so that I can touch ~he ground with the tip of my toes while seated. I did it all by myself. The most difficult thing is to learn how to keep balance. In the beginning, I pushed myself along with my feet and got the feel of how the bike leaned and steered. I did this for about 30 to 45 minutes or so. Then I pushed myself along fast and glided with my feet up in the air. After practicing for an hour I was finally able to ride my bike confidently.
S2: Some people like to watch or listen to news every day while others do that occasionally. Which do you prefer and why? Use specific reasons and examples to illustrate your point.
Well, I opt to listen to and read news every day and that’s what I’ve been doing for the last ten years. For one thing, it’s often the case now that news is constantly updated as the reported event develops, so it’s essential to pay close attention to the news so as to get the whole story. Like the other day when I learned from BBC that an American soldier was kidnapped in Iraq, it took several days to negotiate his release. It was not until this morning that I learnt that he was rescued. Another reason I read and listen to news every day is that it helps me improve my English listening comprehension. Chances are that my listening ability will take a step backwards if I skip for even one day. So these are the reasons I prefer to read and listen to the news every day.
110409CN=100122NA
S1: Where do you like to go shopping? Explain why. Include details and examples to support your response.
I find shopping in a supermarket very convenient and consumer-friendly. Numerous kinds of commodities are available in a supermarket, which grants us abundant options that we cannot find in any grocery or roadside stores. What’s more, in supermarkets, customers are free to look at and pick up the things they like and are allowed to return goods to the shelves if they decide not take them after a second thought. This form of consumption avoids some embarrassment which is likely to take place in a department store between shop assistants and consumers. In a word, as a purchaser, I find shopping in a supermarket the easiest, the fastest and the most comfortable. So I prefer to go shopping in supermarkets rather than in other kinds of stores.
S2: 13年8月25日A卷已考
110423CN=090227NA
S1: What do you think is the most important advancement over the past 20 years in your country? Use reasons and specific examples to explain why you think that is important.
Personally I found the increasing availability of cell phones the most important advancement in my country. It makes people's life ever more convenient and colorful. For example, we can now keep in touch with family members especially in the event of an emergency like the other day my grandmother was so forgetful that she left the house key at home and couldn't get in so she used the cell phone that I bought her and called me to get her the key. It is hard to image what would imagine what would happen if she had to wait for a whole day till I got home in the evening. Besides that I can also use the mobile phone to get you from A to B using navigation, a very useful feature for people like me who has a hopeless sense of direction.
S2: 13年5月18日已考
110529CN=091010CN=080920NA
S1:Describe a person that you look up to as a role model. Explain how this person influenced your life. Include details and examples to support your response.
An important person I want to talk about is Henry Li who is the most heroic person I really admire and I really look up to as a role model. He saved hundreds of survivors from the earthquake in Japan last year. After the disaster, he was courageous enough to save people although it was really dark and dirty. Most other people would prefer giving donations or offering prayers from their houses but he had the bravery to go out in the actual field to help. A role model is really someone who can do extraordinary things like what he did, and I hope one day I can do something heroic like Henry Li and become a role model for other people.
S2:Do you agree or disagree with the
I agree that, when possible, young children should learn to draw or paint. In my opinion, learning to draw comes with a variety of developmental benefits for children. Drawing helps stimulate children’s imaginations. When children learn to draw, they have an opportunity to exercise their imaginations. They learn to picture something in their minds and reflect those images on paper. Drawing can improve children’s visual and perceptual skills as well. When children learn to draw, they begin to study the world around them more closely. ”Draw” can also be a great answer for the age-old question, “What can I do? I’m bored!”
110611CN=100710NA
S1: Your friend often feels nervous when speaking in front of a large group of people. What suggestions would you give to your friend to overcome this fear?
I sometimes suffer from stage fright too, but over the years I have learned a few tricks that can help me overcome it. I would recommend my friend to do the same. The first suggestion is to relax your body before going on the stage. Easing the tension from your body can help steady your voice and relax your mind. Activities like stretching your arms or legs, or even simple things like chewing a gum a little bit can help to reduce tension in the body. Second, I would recommend my friend to watch a comedy on the morning of the day before he is to give the speech. Laughing will relax you and take your mind off your nervousness. For example my favorite comedy is "The Big Bang Theory”, and I often watch it when 1 get nervous. It worked magically well every time.
S2: Do you prefer to have fast food in a fast-food restaurant, or do you prefer to have food in other kinds of places?
I don't like to eat food in a fast-food restaurant. Health is my first concern. Fast food is known to have poor nutritional value because it is high in calories, fats, sugars and other unhealthy ingredients. Having too much fast food contributes to higher risk of obesity and cancer. My next concern is with the dining environment of a fast-food restaurant, which is often crowded and noisy, and there appear to be queues everywhere. So I would avoid going to a fast food restaurant as much as I can. Instead, I would choose to have food in a small but cozy restaurant or cafe, where I can sit comfortably in a chair, enjoy reading the latest menus, and maybe listen to some nice music while having a lovely afternoon tea.
110625CN=091017NA
S1: Describe a piece of news or a story that you are interested in recently. Explain why you think it was interesting. Include reasons and details in your response.
Recently I read a news on the internet that I took a quite an interest in. The founder of the famous website Wiki Leaks Julian Assange was arrested on rape charges. Julian has the website he founded has published lots of classified documents from various governments. The general public has for the first time been able to see what's really happening in the Iraq war and the war in Afghanistan. The website has won a number of awards, including the 2008 Economist magazine New Media Award, which is a very prestigious award. I couldn't believe that he could commit crimes. I think it must because the governments were pissed off and want to take revenge on him for disclosing sensitive materials that have put them to shame.
S2: Some students prefer to take an essay question where they must write an essay to a question. Other students prefer to take a test with objective questions. Which type of exam question do you prefer? Give reasons and examples in your explanation.
I prefer to take a test with objective questions such as multiple-choice questions (MCQs). First of all, if I take an essay question, the teacher may penalize me for my poor writing and presentation, if there are only MCQs, all I need to do is to write the letters ABCD. Secondly, when I am incapable of answering or have no time to answer a particular MCQ, I can simply select a random answer and still have a chance of receiving a mark for it. But with essay question, this technique will not work.
110709CN=100410NA
S1: Among the following three types of professions, which do you think makes the most important contribution to society? Primary school teacher, nurse, artist.
It is my considered opinion that of the three professions listed, primary school teachers contributed most to society and are therefore the most important. First of all, it is likely that a person may not attend college or e however, most people attend primary school to receive basic education, so primary school teachers influence most people’s lives. What’s more, primary school teachers play an important role in developing a child’s intellect and work habits. Primary school is the first time most children are in a strictly educational environment. While pre-kindergarten and kindergarten classes do teach children some basic skills and knowledge, such as shapes and colors, primary school immerses children in the educational environment they will be experiencing until graduation from high school.
下一篇: 上一篇:
带"*"表示为必填如想了解更多的课程信息,请留下您的联系方式
*学生姓名:
家长称谓:
*联系方式(电话/QQ):
*咨询课程:
电子邮箱:
学习意向:
是否参加过考试:
武汉新思达国际英语 New Star International English
地址:武汉市洪山区珞瑜路560号吴家湾大厦19楼 邮编:430070 邮箱:
电话:400-027-9638