Teaching childrenjob is joba c and rewarding job.

1-4: C D B D
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
题型:阅读理解
阅读理解(共14小题;每小题2分,满分28分)
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的(A、B、C和D)四个选项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该选项标号涂黑。
I was in a terrible mood. Two of my friends had gone to the movies the night before and hadn’t invited me. I was in my room thinking of ways to make them sorry when my father came in. “Want to go for a ride, today, Beck? It’s a beautiful day.” ks5*u
“No! Leave me alone!” Those were the last words I said to him that morning.
&&& My friends called and invited me to go to the mall with them a few hours later. I forgot to be mad at them and when I came home to find a note on the table. My mother put it where I would be sure to see it. “Dad has had an accident. Please meet us at Highland Park Hospital”.
&&& When I reached the hospital, my mother came out and told me my father’s injuries were extensive. “Your father told the driver to leave him alone and just call 911, thank God! If he had moved Daddy, there’s no telling what might have happened. A broken rib(肋骨)might have pierced(穿透)a lung...”
My mother may have said more, but I didn’t hear. I didn’t hear anything except those terrible words: Leave me alone. My dad said them to save himself from being hurt more. How much had I hurt him when I hurled those words at him earlier in the day?
&&& It was several days later that he was finally able to have a conversation. I held his hand gently, afraid of hurting him.
&&& “Daddy… I am so sorry…”
“It’s okay, sweetheart. I’ll be okay. ”
&&& “No,” I said, “I mean about what I said to you that day. You know, that morning?”
&&& My father could no more tell a lie than he could fly. He looked at me and said. “Sweetheart, I don’t remember anything about that day, not before, during or after the accident. I remember kissing you goodnight the night before, though. ”He managed a weak smile.
&&& My English teacher once told me that words have immeasurable power. They can hurt or they can heal. And we all have the power to choose our words. I intend to do that very carefully from now on.
The author was in bad mood that morning because _______.
&&& A. his father had a terrible accident
&&& B. he couldn’t drive to the mall with his friends
&&& C. his friends hadn’t invited him to the cinema
&&& D. his father didn’t allow him to go out with his friends
Why did the author say sorry to his father in the hospital?
&&& A. Because he didn’t go along with his father.
&&& B. Because he was rude to his father that morning.
&&& C. Because he failed to come earlier after the accident.
&&& D. Because he couldn’t look after his father in the hospital.
The reason why the author’s father said he forgot everything about that day is that _______.
&&& A. he had a poor memory B. he didn’t hear what his son said
&&& C. he just wanted to comfort his son&&& D. he lost his memory after the accident
What lesson did Beck learn from the matter?
&&& A. Don’t treat your parents badly.
&&& B. Don’t hurt others with rude words.
&&& C. Don’t move the injured in an accident.
&&& D. Don’t be angry with friends at small things.
来源:天津四中2010届高三下学期模拟考试英语试卷
第三部分& 阅读理解(共20小题:每小题2.5分,满分50分)
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项。
Today, as in every other day of the year, more than 3000 U.S.
adolescents will smoke their first cigarette on their way to becoming regular
smokers as adults. During their lifetime, it can be expected that of these 3000
about 23 will be murdered, 30 will die in traffic accidents, and nearly 750
will be killed by a smoking-related disease. The number of deaths attributed to
cigarette smoking outweighs all other factors, whether voluntary or
involuntary, as a cause of death.
Since the late 1970s, when daily smoking among high school seniors
reached 30 percent, smoking rates among youth have declined. While the decline
is impressive, several important issues must be raised.
First, in the past several years, smoking rates among youth have
declined very little. Second, in the late 1970s, smoking among male high school
seniors exceeded that among female by nearly 10 percent. The statistic is
reversing. Third, several recent studies have indicated high school dropouts
have excessively high smoking rates, as much as 75 percent.
Finally, though significant declines in adolescent smoking have
occurred in the past decade, no definite reasons for the decline exist. Within
this context, the National Cancer Institute (NCI) began its current effort to
determine the most effective measures to reduce smoking levels among youth.
36. According to the author, the deaths among youth are mainly caused
by __________.
A. traffic accidents &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.
smoking-related disease
C. murder&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.
all of these
37. Every day there are over ______ high school students who will
become regular smokers.
A. 750 &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.
23&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. 30&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.
38. By “dropout” the author means __________.
A. students who failed the examination&&&&&&& B.
students who left school
C. students who lost their way&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.
students who were driven out of school
39. The reason for declining adolescent smoking is that
__________.
A. NCI has taken effective measures&&&&&&&&&&&
B. smoking is prevented among high school seniors
C. there are many smokers who have died of cancer&&&&&&&&&&
D. none of these
40. What is implied but not stated by the author is that
__________.
A. smoking rates among youth have declined very little&&&&&
B. there are now more female than male smokers among high school
seniors
C. high smoking rates are due to the increase in wealth
D. smoking at high school is from low socio-economic backgrounds
第三部分& 阅读理解(共20小题;每小题2分,满分40分)
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。?
More and more people are choosing to take their holidays in the UK rather than travel abroad.
In the late 1970s, air travel became affordable for the average family in the UK, and more and more British people started traveling abroad for their summer holidays. After all, the British weather wasn't very good, even in summer, so a lot of British people left the UK for a vacation. Particularly popular with families on a budget was the &package holiday&, where the cost of flights and hotels were offered as one discounted price by travel agents.
In the 1980s and 1990s, young people in the UK became wealthier on average, or at least had more money left after they spent on the living cost. As a result, they started to go abroad in groups, to places such as Spain and Greece.
British holidaying habits have begun to change, however. Climate change means that the UK now has a hotter climate than before, so people do not need to go abroad to find good weather. Also, the credit problem has affected the international value of the British pound, so going abroad is more expensive than it used to be. As a result, more and more British people are choosing to spend their summer holidays in the UK.
This year, British hotels in areas such as the English Lake District have seen a 40 percent increase in booking compared with last year. That rise is mainly owing to the British staying in their own country for their holidays. In addition, however, foreign tourists are now finding the UK cheaper to visit than previously.
In the UK, the national tourism industry — when people go on holiday in their own country — is healthier than it has been in decades. The UK has always been famous for its international explorers. It is only just starting to discover itself, however.?
1. The underlined phrase &package holiday& in Paragraph 2 means a holiday________.
&& A. offered by hotels&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. with a package
&& C. including flights&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. with less expense
2. We can infer from the passage that________.
&& A. the value of British pound has become a huge problem
&& B. young people in the UK spend more than their parents
&& C. British people think of a hot summer as good weather
&& D. many Greek people leave for the UK for their business
3. Why do some British hotels have an increase in booking this year?
&& A. Because many people have seen the Lake District.
&& B. Because hotels in the Lake District are very cheap.
&& C. Because more British spend their holiday home.
&& D. Because foreign tourists have found these hotels.
4. What's the writer's attitude towards the British tourism industry?
&& A. Optimistic.&&&&&& B. Negative.&&&&&&&& C. Doubtful.&&&&&&&& D. Noble.
来源:同步题
阅读理解&&&&& Now and again I have had horrible dreams, but not enough of them to make me lose my delight in dreams. To begin with. I like the idea of dreaming, of going to bed and lying still and then, by somequeer magic, wandering into another kind of existence. As a child, I could never understand why grown-ups took dreaming so calmly when they could make such a fuss about any holiday, This stillpuzzles me. I am puzzled by people who say they never dream and appear to have no interest in the subject. It is much more astonishing than it would be if they said they never went out for a walk. Most people do not seem to accept dreaming as part of their lives. They appear to see it as an irritating littlehabit, like sneezing or yawning I can never understand this. My dream life does not seem as important as my waking life because there is far less of it, but to me it is important.1. What is the author's attitude toward dreaming?A. He thinks it puzzling&&&&&&&&&&&& B. He likes it&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. He is interested in it&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. He doesn't accept it as part of his life2. For the author of the passage, dreaming is________.&&&&.A. another kind of existence&&&&&&&&&&B. an irritating little habit&&&&&&&&&&&& C. a horrible but wonderful experience&D. a true reflection of reality&&&&&&&&&&3. The author of the passage suggests that people who say they never go out for a walk are_____.A. interesting&&&& B. unbelievable&&&&C. mysterious(难以理解的)&&&&&&D. lazy4. The author of the passage enjoys dreaming most______.&&&&.A. only when he was a child&&&&&&&&&&B. only when he is a grown-upC. both as a child and as a grown-up&&&&D. only in his old age5. Why does the author of the passage complain?&A. Because most people are overexcited about their dreams&B. Because most people are not interested in talking about their dreamsC. Because most people have had dreams most of the timeD. Because most people consider their dreams of to much importance
来源:甘肃省期中题
阅读理解&&&& Now, we know that if we do not get enough vitamins, we are at risk of developing a number of diseases. As a result, vitamin supplements(补品),though expensive, are popular with people who worry that they are not getting enough vitamins from the foods they eat. But contrary to what many people think, medical experts have found little evidence that most supplements do anything to improvehealth or protect against disease. &&&& In fact, medical experts warn that taking too many of some vitamins can be harmful. For example, too much vitamin E can cause bleeding. People should discuss what vitamins they take with their doctors, as some vitamins can produce harmful side effects when mixed with medicines.&&&& Experts, however, do say that sometimes vitamins can help prevent disease. People who know theylack a particular vitamin should take vitamin supplements. Some older adults, for example, may not haveenough vitamin B-twelve. This is because, as people get older, their body loses its ability to take it fromfoods. Also, people who spend much time inside may need some extra vitamin D as the skin makes thisvitamin from sunlight.&&&& Different vitamins are found in different foods. Vitamin A is found in fish liver oil. It also is in the yellow part of eggs. Sweet potatoes, carrots and other darkly colored fruits and vegetables contain substances that the body can change into vitamin A. Vitamin B-twelve is found in green leafy vegetablesand other foods, like fruits. Vitamin K can be found in pork products.&&&& In fact, for most people, a balanced diet can ensure enough of the vitamins our bodies need. So, it is important for us to eat a mixture of foods every day to ensure that we get enough vitamins our bodies need. 1. What is probably talked about before this passage? A. How many vitamins a person's body needs.&& B. How many vitamins some foods contain. C. The benefits that vitamins bring to our health. D. What people should do to stay healthy. 2. Vitamin supplements are popular with people because ________.&&A. people mistakenly think that they are good for their healthB. they contain more vitamins than the foods people eatC. food does not provide enough vitamins people needD. people fear that a lack of vitamins will lead to disease3. From the passage, we can learn that medical experts advise people _________. A. never to take any vitamin supplements&& B. to depend only on food for their vitamins C. not to take any vitamins together with medicinesD. to consult doctors before taking vitamin supplements4. For people who lack Vitamin B-twelve, they can eat more from _______. A. sweet potatoes&& B. green leafy vegetables&&C. pork products&& D. eggs
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!> 【答案带解析】Teaching is one of the most rewarding(有回...
Teaching is one of the most rewarding(有回报的) jobs. It is also one of the most stressful. If you want to be a teacher, you should have a passion(激情) for young people. If you are thinking about going into teaching for any other reason than this, you need to find another job.Teaching is difficult. Students can be difficult. Parents can be difficult. If you do not have a passion for the young people that you teach, you will burn out quickly. Passion is what keeps an excellent teacher going. When students have trouble understanding what is taught, it is what drives him to spend long hours trying to think out how to help them. If you do not have enough passion for your students, you might last a year or two, but not long. Passion is a must-have quality(品质) for every good teacher.Teaching can be rewarding, but you shouldn’t expect that reward to come easily. Teachers who search out better and new methods are the ones who will make it. A good teacher needs to be able to work with everyone. All teachers face stress. It is important to be able to deal with everything that is thrown at you when you walk through your classroom doors. There are so many chances for stress within a classroom that an excellent teacher has to be able to bring it in control. If you cannot manage stress quite well, then teaching may not be the right job for you.1.According to the passage, if you want to be a teacher, ____________.A. you’d better ask the writer for adviceB. passion is the most importantC. you will be best rewardedD. you have to be young enough2.A successful teacher is someone who ____________.A. burns out quickly and easilyB. faces the most stress and difficult parentsC. searches out better and new methodsD. has the right reason for his job3.The key words for the passage are ____________.A. passion and stress
B. difficult and rewardingC. deal with and be able to
D. teachers and students4.Most stress is thrown at the teacher ____________.A. in the classroom
B. from the parentsC. in a year or two
D. after class5.An excellent teacher knows ____________.A. how the reward as a teacher will comeB. how to manage everything that happens in his workC. how long his passion for young people will lastD. how many new methods he will have to use 
试题分析:短文大意:教育是最有回报的工作之一,也是最有压力的工作之一。如果你想当教师,你应该对年轻人拥有激情。如果你以其它原因要进入教育行业,那你需要去找其它的工作。教育是困难的事,这需要你对年轻人满怀激情。教育可以有回报,但是你不得期望快速的回报。一位好的教师要能与任何人一起工作。所有的老师都面对压力。如果你不...
考点分析:
考点1:政治经济文化类
政治经济文化类阅读理解:
& & 阅读能力是中学生学习英语应具备的一种基本能力。学习英语的一个重要目的在于获取信息。通过阅读这一重要手段,我们可以大量地获取知识,拓展知识面,还可以增强语感,培养敏捷的思维能力。
阅读理解也是各地中考试题的必考题型之一,在中考试题中占有较大比例,主要考查学生通过文字获取信息的能力。在中考中,阅读的篇数一般是三到四篇,选材范围越来越广,除故事、幽默、人物轶事外,科普性文章也多了起来。体裁也趋于多样化,有记叙文、说明文、应用文等。还要求学生能理解及解释图表多提供的简单信息等。三四篇短文中有的难度跨度较大,以便拉开档次,体现选拔功能。并且扩大了选材范围,主要考查考生阅读所给材料,理解其中词语、句子或片段含义的能力。有时涉及对全文意思和篇章结构的理解,对一些问题作出推理和判断。阅读理解的考核中包括了对词汇、语法等语言知识的考查,要求学生具备一定的背景知识、各种常识、科普知识和一定的分析及逻辑推理能力;要求学生具有归纳段落大意、中心思想的能力。测试的方向由时间、地点、身份、人物等一些细节问题,改为测试对全文整体意义的理解程度;由考查短文的表层现象改为考对文章深层含义的理解和逻辑推断能力。另外,任务型阅读形式灵活多样,内容丰富多彩,联系实际,易考查学生的灵活运用能力和对语言的综合运用能力。在中考中占30-40分。
相关试题推荐
Sometimes I really doubt whether there is love between my parents. Every day they are very
trying to make money in order to
the high tuition(学费)for my brother and me. I never hear them say “I love you”, or see them send birthday
to each other. My father has a bad temper(脾气). When he’s very tired from work, it is
for him to lose his temper.One day, my mother was preparing dinner. I sat down
her.“Mom, I have a question to ask you,” I said after a while.“What?” she replied,
doing her work.“Is there love between you and Dad?” I asked her in a very low
.My mother stopped her work and
her head with surprise in her eyes. She didn’t answer and went on cooking.I was very worried
I thought I had hurt her. I didn’t know what I should do.A few days later, my father suddenly got sick
. My mother had to stay with him in the
for a month. After they were back, every day in the morning and dusk(黄昏), my mother helped my father walk slowly on the country road. My father had never been so
. It seemed they were the most harmonious(和谐的)
.“Dad, how are you
now?” I asked him one day.“Susan, don’t worry about me. To tell you the truth, I just like walking with your mom. I
this kind of life.” Reading his eyes, I know he loves my mother deeply.1.A. busy
D. fast2.A. give
B. receive
D. pay3.A. show
B. presents
D. jokes4.A. active
B. painful
D. funny5.A. among
D. beside6.A. hardly
D. already7.A. direction
C. conditionD. sound8.A. raised
D. nodded9.A. because
D. unless10.A. sadly
B. shortly
C. quickly
D. seriously11.A. home
B. hospital
C. trouble
D. holiday12.A. smart
D. brave13.A. visitor
D. friend14.A. travellingB. living
C. resting
D. feeling15.A. enjoy
B. remember
D. regret 
---Our team has won the first prize in the soccer games.---Congratulations!
team you are!A. How great
B. What a greatC. What great
D. How a great 
---I haven’t been back to my hometown for years.---_________. You must miss your parents very much.A. Of course
B. No wayC. No, you haven’t
D. It’s a shame 
---Please print this article on both sides of the paper.---_________.A. Me, too
B. Well doneC. OK, I will
D. That’s all right 
---John didn’t stop looking for a job _________ he got an offer from a German company.---Lucky him. It’s not easy for university graduates to get a good job now.A. until
D. if 
难度:中等
Copyright @
满分5 学习网 . All Rights Reserved.

我要回帖

更多关于 job is job 的文章

随机推荐