留学网页上decompositionn fee什么意思?

申请前先仔细看看学校网页(下)[香港]
滴答出国资讯
:"1. How can I apply for deferment of composition fee payment? Applications for deferment of payment of composition fee would only be approved exceptionally by the Dean of Student Affairs. There is no prescribed application form for the purpose. If you have genuine justifications for such an application, please write to the Administrative Assistant (Academic), Academic Services, 9/F, Knowles Building, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong or e-mail afss@reg.hku.hk. 2. How can I apply for deferment of registration date? If you have difficulties to come on/before the registration date shown in our Offer of Admission / Conditional Offer letter, you are requested to submit an application for change of registration date to the Graduate School by email, fax or letter.
Please note that deferment of registration is subject to approval from the Department and the Faculty concerned. We shall forward your request to the Department and the Faculty concerned for consideration. You will be notified of the result as soon as a decision has been made. Please be reminded that MPhil students are only allowed to register on either 1 September or 1 January each year.
Please try your best to arrive on/before the specified registration date stated in our Offer of Admission in order not to delay your studies. PhD students can register on the first day of any month.
3. What is the amount of postgraduate studentship and when will I receive it? The basic stipend amount for
for full-time MPhil/PhD students is HK$13,000* per month and the studentship holder may be required to undertake duties which carry educational benefits for the holder with a maximum of 100 hours in each year. A higher rate may be payable, at the discretion of the department in which the studentship holder is registered. In return, the studentship holder may be required to work additional hours, up to a maximum of a further 150 hours per year.
The studentship shall be tenable on an annual basis and renewable upon compliance with the conditions in the Regulations Governing Postgraduate Studentships. The maximum period of award shall be 2 years for MPhil candidature, 3 years for 3-year PhD candidature, or 4 years for 4-year PhD candidature.
The studentship will be paid by the end of each month through your bank account. If you are a non-local student, you may apply for advance of postgraduate studentship in the first month and half of the monthly stipend will be paid to you at the beginning of the month. The other half of the monthly stipend will be paid to you at the end of the first month.
*The value of the studentship shall be subject to review by the University from time to time. 4. When and how should I submit the application for Advance of Postgraduate Studentship? Eligibility: For non-local student only.
You should submit the application form (document 478/601) after you have:
(i) arrived in Hong Kong; (ii) opened a bank account in Hong Kong; and (iii) completed the registration process at the Faculty Office.
Please also note that you need to submit your application form together with (i) the Personal Record Form (document 436/693); and (ii) your student visa for verification.
5. I have received a conditional offer. When can I receive the confirmed offer? If you have satisfied all the condition(s) required for admission to read for the degree of MPhil/PhD as specified in our Conditional Offer Letter, we shall issue the confirmed offer to you. If you are eligible for Postgraduate Studentship, you will also receive a postgraduate studentship award letter. 6. How can I apply for visa application? Who will be my sponsor? For the purpose of coming to Hong Kong to pursue your studies, you should apply for a student visa, and not a training/tourist visa. Changing your status after arrival is rarely approved, which means that your studies will be seriously disrupted. You are required to present your student visa to the Faculty Office for verification upon your arrival at the University.
If you are a non-local student, the Office of Student Affairs of The University of Hong Kong will be the sponsor for your visa application. Please complete the "Application for the sponsorship of a student visa" form (enclosed in the offer-letter-package) and return it to the Office of Student Affairs. For details, please refer to the "Services to Non-local Students" at www.hku.hk/osa/non_local_students.html
If you have any questions regarding student visa matters, please contact the Office of Student Affairs by e-mail: osa@www.hku.hk 7. I am a non-local student and do not have a Hong Kong bank account. How should I fill in the Personal Record Form? Please fill in whatever information that is available now and return it to the Graduate School together with the signed copy of the Postgraduate Studentship Award letter. Please mark "to be provided upon arrival" on the section(s) if the information is not available at the moment. You are reminded to provide all missing information when you arrive in Hong Kong to avoid delay in the payment of your stipend into your bank account in Hong Kong. 8. What should I do if I cannot come on time to register? MPhil students are normally required to register on/before 1 September (or 1 January). PhD students can register on the first day of any month.
We will be giving 7 working days' allowance for late arrival due to visa or other unanticipated problems. Please try your best to arrive within 7 working days from the official date of registration.
9. Can you give me an estimate of the cost of studying at HKU as a non-local student? (i) Cost of Living Overseas applicants offered places have to ensure that they are able to support themselves financially throughout their candidature before they commence their studies. It is very difficult to provide a precise estimate of the cost of living because it varies from one person to another depending on the type of accommodation selected and other factors.
For students living in a postgraduate residence, an average of approximately HK$120,000 per year is required to cover food, lodging and general living expenses excluding tuition fees. Fees and charges are likely to be revised upwards/downwards annually.
(ii) Accommodation On-campus postgraduate residences are available and applications from overseas students are welcome. For those unable to secure a residential place on campus, rental accommodation in the open market is also available. Admission to the University does not provide any guarantee of accommodation, which remains the responsibility of each student. It is therefore in the interest of overseas students to make definite arrangements for accommodation before arrival. Overseas students are advised to consult the Office of Student Affairs (OSA) on accommodation matters.
Information on accommodation options for non-local students is available from the OSA's website at www.hku.hk/osa.
10. What is the relationship between the tuition fee and the studentship? Can the tuition fee be offset by the studentship? All eligible full-time research postgraduate students will receive a studentship of HK$13,000 or above (for the academic year , subject to revision) at the end of each month within the normative period of study. Students should pay the tuition fee by 2 installments annually on/before the specified deadline stated on the Debit Note.
The tuition fee cannot be offset by the studentship. reasonable 滴答出国资讯 想参与相关问题讨论,请访问TIGTAG论坛或者其他网络转载请务必注明出处并加本站链接,传统媒体转载必须征得本站及原作者同意。滴答出国资讯
上一篇:下一篇:
论坛强推帖
如果说外国的月亮更圆更亮的话,确实,只是因为这里没有什么雾霾...

我要回帖

更多关于 decomposition 的文章

随机推荐