the whole city is aone piecee of wasteland without you什么意思?

Till death do us part: Couple create gruesome wedding cake made of their own bloody severed heads | Daily Mail Online
Till death do us part: Couple create gruesome wedding cake made of their own bloody severed heads
Natalie Sideserf, 28, a cake artist, made extravagant cake for her wedding
It took her 40 hours to create and was filled with confetti sponheShe said most guests liked it, apart from her grandmother
09:54 GMT, 6 November 2013
15:35 GMT, 6 November 2013
A film buff couple had a gruesome wedding cake made of their own severed heads. Natalie Sideserf, 28, a cake artist spent forty hours creating the cake to match her movie-themed wedding.Both heads are lifelike, with blank soulless eyes, hair matted with blood and bleeding severed necks.
Till death do us part: Natalie Sideserf, 28, a cake artist spent forty hours creating the cake to match her movie-themed wedding
Recreated in cake: Natalie Sideserf and her husband David Sideserf, 30
Labour of love: Both heads are lifelike, with blank soulless eyes, hair matted with blood and bleeding severed necks
They were placed on a white board, with a banner draped on the base aptly reading: 'Til Death Do Us Part.'
RELATED ARTICLES
Share this article
She said they chose it because her husband David Sideserf, 30, is a fan of scary movies.'We were watching a horror movie, and I was always interested in sculpting lifelike cakes, especially in the face, so I thought, "How neat would it be if I did our severed heads?’" Mrs Sideserf said.
Film fan: She said they chose it because Mr Sideserf is a fan of scary movies
Wedding cake: The cake went on display at the couple's wedding in Austin's Alamo Drafthouse, Texas, a movie theatre that serves food and alcohol
'And Dave was like, "That would be amazing,"' she told Mrs Sideserf created the heads standing up and then put them down on the side for display.The cake went on display at the couple's wedding in Austin’s Alamo Drafthouse, Texas, a movie theater that serves food and alcohol. The inside of the cake was a colouful confetti vanilla sponge.
Star attraction: The cake went on display at the couple's wedding in Austin?s Alamo Drafthouse, Texas, a movie theatre that serves food and alcohol.
Surprise: The inside of the cake was a colouful confetti vanilla sponge
'I wanted to do something a little goofy and funny, so when you cut into it, it had a bunch of different colours,' she said. It was all topped with vanilla buttercream frosting and modeling chocolate.Mrs Sideserf said: 'I didn’t tell anybody about it, so it made it really interesting to see people’s reactions.'
'Everybody was shocked and loved it.'She admitted her grandma was not so keen on the cake, although she said she appreciated the detail and how realistic it was.Mrs Sideserf posted photos of the cake on her company website and it drew mixed reactions.One user posted: 'There is no way I could eat that,' while another wrote: 'I hope there were no kids there.'But another user wrote: 'It would not be my choice for a cake but I would just love to be able to sculpt in sugar this way. Regardless of my personal taste I can only respect such phenomenal skill.'
Share or comment on this article
MOST READ NEWS
The comments below have been moderated in advance.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.
More top stories
DON'T MISS
MORE DON'T MISS
EDITOR'S SIX OF THE BEST
SHARE PICTURE
Copy link to paste in your messageWe Must Build a New New York City Somewhere Warm
We Must Build a New New York City Somewhere Warm
Hamilton Nolan
02/05/14 02:44PM
This nation has a very fundamental problem. Its best city—New York City—exists in a northern latitude so extreme that it is a frigid sub-Arctic wasteland for half the year. Why don't we rebuild somewhere down south? I can already hear the objections. &New York City is not the best city.& &We have plenty of good cities in warm places already.& &New York City is not even that cold.& Please. I would greatly appreciate it if we could conduct this conversation entirely within the realm of reality. If you don't believe New York City is America's best, grandest, most fully realized city, the beating heart of this nation's art, culture, business, and thought, then fine. Go live in Phoenix or whatever. You don't need to be reading this post at all. (Except for the fact that you have nothing better to do, because you live in Phoenix or whatever.) Are there good cities in warm places? Sure. Some pretty decent ones, here and there. If you put together the most attractive and vibrant portions of Atlanta, Miami, New Orleans, and... wherever doesn't suck in Texas, without all the urban sprawl, you could piece together a single fairly tolerable city. But you can't. And it still would not bear any resemblance to the metropolis that is is New York. America's only real metropolis in a sunny place is Los Angeles, a vast agglomeration of neighborhoods of varying quality sewn together with highways and plagued by a fatal set of geological fault lines and juice stores. The sort of people that live in America's best city, New York, are naturally turned off by the essence of Los Angeles, that's why we live in New York. Los Angeles' weather is ideal. If Los Angeles was as cool a city as New York, no one would live in New York. QED. The fact that nearly ten million good-looking people tolerate today's sidewalks coated in an ice-encrusted layer of snow covering near-frozen slush lakes is de facto proof that New York is America's best city. If it weren't, we would get the fuck out of here, pronto. So why, pray tell, did we as a nation allow our best city to be located in such a freezing fucking location? Well, I would begin tracing the line of blame with Henry Hudson, and continue it straight on through to Robert Moses. Piss poor planning is frankly the only way to characterize it. You'd think nobody ever stopped to regard their frostbitten digits during one of the annual ice storms and said, &You know what? Let's pause right here and move this whole act on down to San Antonio or thereabouts.&Fortunately, it is never too late. America is a big country. We own Hawaii. We have plenty of open space. We have a wide variety of microclimates to choose from. We'll pick a nice spot on the water, with plenty of sunshine year-round and a distinct lack of ice storms, slush apocalypses, and &wintry mixes.& Fuck winter, and fuck its mixes most especially. Drought, tropical diseases, hurricanes, and/ or earthquakes are a small price to pay for being able to live somewhere that does not cause acute Vitamin D deficiency from persistent lack of sunlight.Is there already another, less impressive city extant in the spot we choose? No matter. Don't think of it as &San Diego&—think of it as &an area that will soon be bulldozed to make way for New New York City.& Gone will be the sprawling detritus of lesser America. In its place we will painstakingly construct a jumbled super-urban metropolis that spreads for hundreds of square miles in all (sunny) directions, like a high-rise-laden squid that has made its inky escape from the Northeast, bringing along all of its charms and none of its fucking ice. Once construction is complete, the residents of New York City will undertake an orderly relocation to our glorious new environs. All future growth in America should be confined to an area south of 35 degrees North latitude. As for the state of New York and the rest of the northeastern U.S., we will leave it to the wolves and the . This climate is not fit for humanity. [Photo: ]

我要回帖

更多关于 one piece 的文章

随机推荐