we are full of c____ in thewe must face theof danger

We are the face of our 可以翻译成(我们就是我们国家的脸)吗?
我们是国家的形象.
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码In the face of danger, we need to stay ____. Only in this way can we come up with good solutions.
枫默小威g65
本题的含义是面对危险,我们需要保存冷静才对,calm表示冷静的意思,故本题选C。
为您推荐:
扫描下载二维码B【解析】试题分析:句意:那个小女孩在面对危险时表现出巨大的勇气。A.in the hope of希望B.in the face of 面对C.in favor of赞成D.in need of需要,根据句意,故选B。考点:考查介词短语的用法。 
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:初中英语
来源:2015届湖北省黄石市八年级下第一次月考英语试卷(解析版)
题型:单项填空
–I’m not good at English, Amy. What should I do?--You
practice it more. For example, you
read English every morning.A. shall
D. are able to 
来源:2015届湖北省鄂州市八年级上学期期中考试英语试卷(解析版)
-Who likes watching news? -Greg does. He hopes
about everything now.A. know
B. knowing
C. to know
D. know 
来源:2015届湖北省鄂州市八年级下期末模拟英语试卷(解析版)
题型:阅读理解
Martin Lynch, an American businessman, had been going on vacation to a small Mexican fishing village for a number of ears. One morning while going for a walk along the beach, he saw his friend Pablo Perez, a local fisherman. Martin watched Pablo unload his boat and pack the fish in a box.Martin noticed Pablo was smiling and looked very happy. He could also see several large fish in the boat. Martin greeted Pablo and asked how long it took to catch the fish. “Just a few hours,” replied Pablo. Martin asked, “Why didn’t you stay longer and catch more fish?” “I have enough for my family,” Pablo said. “And what do you do with the rest of your day?” asked Martin. “I take a nap, play with my children, spend time with my wife, and go into the village to see my friends and play cards, I have a full and busy life.” Martin explained that if Pablo worked longer hours and caught more fish, he could make more money. With the extra money, Pablo could buy more boats and catch money more fish. By selling the fish, Pablo could open his own factory and sell direct to supermarkets.“Then what?” asked Pablo. “Well you would probably have to move to Mexico City to run the business. Finally, you would be able to sell your business and make millions of dollars,” replied Martin. “How long will that take?” asked Pablo.Martin thought for a while and said it would probably take at least 15 years.“And then what” asked Pablo.“Well, that’s the best part,” Martin said. “You will be able to retire, buy a house near the ocean, sleep longer, play with your children, spend more time with your wife, see your friends, and play cards.”1..What is the story mainly about?A. A businessman and a fisherman have become friends.B. A businessman learns how to fish from a fisherman.C. A businessman wants to become a businessman.D. A businessman gives advice to a fisherman.2.What makes the Mexican fisherman happy is ______________.A. many friends to visit him
B. a full and busy lifeC. more boats and more fish
D. the house near the ocean3.How can the fisherman make more money in the businessman’s view?A. By buying a supermarket.
B. To move to Mexico City.C. By selling his own business.
D. To work longer and catch more fish.4.The underlined word “unload” in the passage means ____________.A. put … into
B. take … away from
C. break down
D. set off5..We can infer from the passage that ____________.A. the fisherman will stay the same with his lifeB. the fisherman will leave the village for Mexico CityC. the business man will buy the fisherman’s boatD. it takes all day for the fisherman to catch large fish 
She was surprised by her new book’s
.A.successfully
D.successful 
I like these photos and they can
the life living in the countryside.A.of
D.of 
来源:2015届湖北省鄂州市八年级下学期期中考试英语试卷(解析版)
题型:阅读理解
Hello, everyone! I’m Kathy. I live in Washington, D.C. I’m in Grade 8. I spend about half an hour on my homework every day. My homework this week is to find out how much homework students have now. Please tell me about your homework on the website. BenI’m in Grade 7 in Macross City. I have too much homework. I usually spend more than two hours on homework every day. I don’t use the Internet to help with my homeworkLindaHi! I live in New York. I’m in Grade 6. I guess I’m lucky, because I don’t have too much homework. I usually finish my homework in an hour. I don’t use the Internet for homework. My brother will come to help me if I have problems with my homework.JackI’m in Grade 8. I usually spend less than an hour on my homework. I sometimes use the Internet to find information about homework. I don’t think my homework is too much.1.Why does Kathy want others to tell her about their homework? A. Because she wants to know about her classmates. B. Because she wants to make friends on the Internet. C. Because she wants to finish her homework. D. Because she wants to find someone to do her homework.2.What will Linda do if she has problems with her homework? A. Ask her brother for help. B. Ask her teacher for help. C. Use the Internet for help. D. Discuss them with her friends.3.__ spends the most time on homework . A. Kathy
D. Jack4.Which two students are in the same grade? A. Kathy and Linda. B. Linda and Jack. C. Ben and Jack. D. Kathy and Jack.5.How many of the four students use the Internet for homework? A. One
D. Four 
来源:2015届湖北省鄂州市八年级下学期期中考试英语试卷(解析版)
题型:书面表达
假设你的妹妹就“怎么才能学习好”这个问题向你请教,根据自己的实际经验,以“How to Study well”为题,写一篇约80词左右的短文,告诉你的妹妹一些你觉得比较好的学习方法或习惯。可根据以下提示内容展开写作,也可以增加另外一些比较合理实用的学习方法。提示:1. 上课认真听讲,记笔记;
2. 课后认真复习,按时完成家庭作业;
3. 遇到不懂的问题要及时请教…  
来源:2015届湖北省洪湖市八年级下学期期中考试英语试卷(解析版)
What food is mum cooking in the kitchen? It ______ nice.A. tastesB. sounds
D. smells 
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
作业讨论群:  (满分150分;时间120分钟)   第一部分 听力(共两节,共30分)   第一节(共5小题;每小题" />
免费阅读期刊
论文发表、论文指导
周一至周五
9:00&22:00
Module 6 Animals in Danger
2014年6期目录
&&&&&&本期共收录文章9篇
  (满分150分;时间120分钟) 中国论文网 /1/view-6115297.htm  第一部分 听力(共两节,共30分)   第一节(共5小题;每小题1.5分,共7.5分)   听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。   1. What’s the relationship between the two speakers?   A. Friends. B. Strangers. C. Classmates.   2. What can we learn about the woman?   A. She phoned the playhouse. B. She called the wrong number. C. She wanted to call Denise White.   3. Where does the conversation take place?   A. In a department store. B. In an information office. C. In a hotel.   4. What are the two speakers talking about?   A. The woman’s father. B. A gift for the woman’s father. C. A book about London.   5. Who is Mr Blake?   A. A teacher. B. A singer. C. A reporter.   第二节(共15小题;每小题1.5分,共22.5分)   听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题。从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。   听第6段材料,回答第6至8题。   6. Where does the man want to go?   A. Tokyo Subway Station. B. Tokyo Art Museum. C. Tokyo Tower.   7. How much is the train ticket?   A. 130 yen. B. 140 yen. C. 150 yen.   8. How often does the train come?   A. About every 5 minutes. B. About every 6 minutes. C. About every 7 minutes.   听第7段材料,回答第9至10题。   9. What’s the matter with Steve?   A. He has a cold. B. He has the flu. C. He has a stomachache.   10. How long has Steve been sick?   A. Since Friday. B. Since Saturday. C. Since Sunday.   听第8段材料,回答第11至13题。   11. When did the singer first become well-known?   A. 1943. B. 1963. C. 1968.   12. Where does the singer come from?   A. Germany. B. England. C. Italy.   13. According to the speakers, what is the most unusual thing about the singer?   A. He once had a bad accident. B. He is from a very poor family. C. He learned to sing in a hospital.   听第9段材料,回答第14至16题。   14. What does the woman do in Africa?   A. A teacher. B. A doctor. C. An engineer.   15. Why didn’t the woman tell the man about it earlier?   A. Because she didn’t like to leave. B. Because she had no courage to tell him.   C. Because she was not sure about it.   16. What can we learn from the conversation?   A. They are very good friends. B. They are wife and husband.   C. The man wants to go with the woman.   听第10段材料,回答第17至20题。   17. What’s the speaker’s major problem?
  A. She needs to find a new job. B. Her grandma needs her help. C. Her parents are not at home.   18. What’s the speaker’s job now?   A. A manager. B. A secretary. C. A farmer.   19. Where does the speaker’s grandma live?   A. In a small farmhouse. B. In an old people’s house. C. In a big flat.   20. What kind of life does the speaker’s grandma like more?   A. Life abroad. B. City life. C. Country life.   第二部分 英语知识运用(共两节,共40分)   第一节 单项填空(共10小题;每小题1分,共10分)   从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。   21. As a result of destroying the forest, a large ___ of the desert ___ covered the land.   A. number; has B. quantity; has   C. number; have D. quantity; have   22. The president, together with some officials, dealt with the problem between the two countries ___ great concern.   A. at B. for   C. by D. with   23. I can lend you my new book ___ you don’t lend it to anyone else.   A. unless B. on condition that   C. as D. if only   24. The moment ___ Leo will never forget is ___ Mr Green gave him a lot of valuable advice on how to improve his writing.   A. that; when B. when; when   C. that; that D. when; that   25. This country has a high rate of crime, but the same ___ many other countries.   A. goes for B. goes with   C. goes by D. goes into   26. Whoever has helped to save the poor girls and boys is worth ___ .   A. to be praised B. being praised   C. to praise D. praising   27. Experts have warned ___ of the health risks caused by passive smoking.   A. on time B. at a time   C. for some time D. at one time   28. ___ you eat the correct foods ___ be able to keep fit and stay healthy.   A. Only if; will you B. Unless; will you   C. Only if; you will D. Unless; you will   29. The manager of that company has ___ a table for four in the VIP area at the restaurant to treat us.   A. borrowed B. taken   C. purchased D. reserved   30. It was in the garden of his old house ___ he grew up ___ he discovered a pot of gold.   A. where; where B. that; where   C. where; that D. that; that   第二节 完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,共30分)   阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C、D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。   Prana, our beautiful dog whose name means “breath of life”, isn’t with us any more. However, she brought such joy and love into our lives that we still miss her.
  There are so many wonderful stories about the 31 in this dog, but my 32 is this one:   It was an autumn day in Minnesota, but the 33 didn’t seem to know the difference between fall and winter. 34 , we suddenly realized that we were 35 by a big snow fall for which no one was prepared.   We have two apple trees in our backyard. Prana loved apples. When she went outside, she’d take 36 of an apple, stick it far back in her 37 , and sneak(偷带)it into the house to 38 for eating later. The apples had been on the ground and were often muddy so I wasn’t always 39 that Prana had brought them into the house. 40 my disapproval(不赞成), she would turn her head so I wouldn’t see her hidden 41 . It was our little 42 .   On the day when it snowed too early in the season, Prana went outside and I 43 her from the window. I 44 that she was madly digging(挖)holes and 45 the apples to the surface so they could be seen 46 the snow. I wondered why she did this. She seemed to be completely busy with some kind of important task to dig up as 47 apples as possible during her yard time.   When I called her back into the house, she had her 48 one apple in her mouth. About five minutes later, I looked outside. The yard was completely covered with 49 . Prana had dug up all those apples for her bird and squirrel friends to eat. She knew that they wouldn’t have stored enough food to 50 such an early winter!   31. A. talent B. emotion C. love D. life   32. A. interest B. favorite C. best D. preference   33. A. year B. forecast C. season D. weather   34. A. Naturally B. Unexpectedly C. Terribly D. Generally   35. A. hit B. covered C. stuck D. mined   36. A. care B. favor C. hold D. attention   37. A. tail B. stomach C. mouth D. ear   38. A. use B. save C. put D. hide   39. A. happy B. angry C. worried D. acceptable   40. A. Sensing B. Wondering C. Guessing D. Finding   41. A. plan B. fun C. interest D. wealth   42. A. trick B. game C. play D. magic   43. A. heard B. saw C. watched D. followed   44. A. noticed B. discovered C. learnt D. realized   45. A. taking B. bringing C. carrying D. loading   46. A. in B. off C. above D. beyond   47. A. much B. many C. less D. more   48. A. big B. dirty C. usual D. normal   49. A. apples B. snow C. birds D. ice   50. A. fight B. survive C. challenge D. face   第三部分 阅读理解(共15小题;每小题2分,共30分)   阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C、D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
  B. most animals in zoos are endangered species   C. some endangered animals are reproduced in zoos   D. it’s acceptable to keep animals away from their habitats   54. What does the author try to argue in the passage?   A. Zoos are not worth the public support. B. Zoos fail in their attempt to save animals.   C. Zoos should treat animals as human beings. D. Zoos use animals as a means of entertainment.   B   Believe it or not, optical illusion(错觉)can cut highway crashes.   Japan is a case in point. It has reduced automobile crashes on some roads by nearly 75% using a simple optical illusion. Bent stripes, called chevrons(人字形), painted on the roads make drivers think that they are driving faster than they really are, and thus drivers slow down.   Now the American Automobile Association Foundation for Traffic Safety in Washington D. C. is planning to repeat Japan’s success. Starting next year, the Foundation will paint chevrons and other patterns of stripes on selected roads around the country to test how well the patterns(模式)reduce highway crashes.   Overspeed plays a major role in as much as one-fifth of all deadly traffic accidents, according to the Foundation. To help reduce those accidents, the Foundation will conduct its tests in areas where speed-related dangers are the greatest―curves, exit slopes, traffic circles and bridges.   Some studies suggest that straight, horizontal bars painted across roads can at first cut the average speed of drivers in half. However, traffic often returns to full speed within months as drivers become used to seeing the painted bar.   Chevrons, scientists say, not only give drivers impression that they are driving faster than they really are but also make a road appear to be narrower. The result is a longer lasting reduction in highway speed and the number of traffic accidents.   55. On roads painted with chevrons, drivers will probably feel ___ .   A. they are driving in the wrong road B. they should slow down their speed   C. they are approaching the speed limit D. they should avoid speed-related dangers   56. What does the American Automobile Association Foundation for Traffic Safety plan to do?   A. To replace straight, horizontal bars with chevrons. B. To try out the Japanese method in certain areas.   C. To change the road signs across the country. D. To repeat the Japanese road patterns.   57. The advantage of chevrons over straight, horizontal bars is that the former ___ .
  A. can keep drivers awake B. will look more attractive   C. can cut road accidents in half D. will have a longer effect on drivers   C   Some years ago industries had more freedom than they have now, and they did not need to be as careful as they must today. They did not need to worry a lot about the safety of the new products that they developed. They did not have to pay much attention to the health and safety of the people who worked for them. Often new products were dangerous for the people who used them; often conditions in the work place had very bad effects on the health of the workers.   Of course sometimes there were real disasters which attracted the attention of governments and which showed the need for changes. Also scientists who were doing research into the health of workers sometimes produced information which governments could not ignore(忽视). At such times, there were inquiries(调查)into the causes of the disasters or the problems. New safety rules were often introduced as a result of these inquiries; however, the new rules came too late to protect the people who died or who became seriously ill.   Today many governments have special departments which protect customers and workers. In the US, for example, there is a department which tests new airplanes and gives warnings about possible problems. It also makes the rules that aircraft producers must follow. Another department controls the foods and drugs that companies sell. A third department looks at the places where people work, and then reports any companies that are breaking the laws which protect the health and safety of workers. Of course, new government departments and new laws cannot keep from every accident or illness, but they are having some good results. Our work places are safer and cleaner than before. The planes and cars which we use for travel are better. Producers are thinking more about the safety and health of the people who buy and use their products.   58. It can be inferred from Paragraph 1 that in the past ___ .   A. workers often got ill because of the poor working conditions   B. companies were free to put out any products they wanted to   C. industries were as careful in management as they are today   D. many people were killed by dangerous products   59. Some years ago safety rules were ___ .   A. put forward due to scientists’ suggestions   B. formed as a result of the workers’ demands
  C. effective enough to protect workers and customers   D. introduced because quite many people were killed or seriously injured   60. It is implied in the passage that ___ .   A. governments and companies had different opinions about the safety of products   B. governments paid little attention to the safety of products   C. government officials often did not listen to scientists   D. goverments introduced no safety laws in the past   61. What is the main topic of the passage?   A. Conditions in the work place. B. The freedom of industries in the past.   C. Changes in industrial production. D. The safety and health of workers and customers.   D   It is reasonable to say that every teenager can be affected by peer pressure(同辈压力)at some point. Every day, in any high school, peer pressure has a major influence over the behavior of teenagers. It can be as subtle(微妙的)as being persuaded to be late for class or as extreme as a dangerous drug. Whether subtle or extreme, peer pressure can have damaging, sometimes life-changing, and even serious results.   “Teens don’t often consider the long-term results that some behavior can cause,” says Terri Price, a researcher. “Peer pressure can be very difficult for many teens to handle because of their fears of not fitting in.” Peer pressure has always been part of teen life, but teens experience it differently than their former generations did in the past. Sources of peer pressure have increased because of the Internet and other electronic communications.   Recognizing peer pressure can be as simple as noticing that you have been asked to do something that you are not comfortable with. “Listen to your instinct(直觉), which is a sign for whether something is right or wrong. If it feels wrong, then most likely it is,” says Price.   Teens are in a time of life when they are still discovering who they are. Many teens are influenced by peer pressure because of their insecurities(缺乏安全感). This can make them helpless especially when their self-control is weak or they lack healthy support, causing them to take risky behavior or turn to unhealthy support.   Dealing with peer pressure is a topic of concern for teens. People can say, “Just say no”, but the truth is that the statement is easier said than done.   62. The underlined word “it” in Paragraph 2 refers to ___ .   A. the Internet B. teen life   C. peer pressure D. the fear of not fitting in
  63. You can know whether a teen suffers peer pressure by watching whether he/she ___ .   A. can get security B. feels right or wrong   C. often surfs the Internet D. feels comfortable with it   64. Why are teens easily influenced by peer pressure?   A. They have no feeling of safety.   B. They need support for their health.   C. They have nobody to turn to when in trouble.   D. They are afraid of fitting in or being accepted.   65. According to the passage, we can know that dealing with peer pressure is ___   A. easy B. hard   C. special D. impossible   第四部分 写作(共三节,共50分)   第一节 阅读表达(共5小题;每小题2分,共10分)   阅读下面短文,并按照题目要求用英语回答问题(请注意问题后的词数要求)。   When I was six, Dad brought home a dog one day, who was called “Brownie”. My brothers and I both loved Brownie and did different things with her. One of us would walk her, another would feed her, and then there were baths, playing catch and many other games. Brownie, in return, loved each and every one of us. One thing that most touched my heart was that she would go to whoever was sick and just be with them. We always felt better when she was around.   One day, as I was getting her food, she chewed up(咬破)one of Dad’s shoes, which had to be thrown away in the end. I knew Dad would be mad and I had to let her know what she did was wrong. When I looked at her and said, “Bad girl,” she looked down at the ground and then went and hid. I saw a tear in her eyes.   Brownie turned out to be more than just our family pet. She went everywhere with us. People would stop and ask if they could pet her. Of course she’d let anyone pet her. She was just the most lovable dog. There were many times when we’d be out walking and a small child would come over and pull on her hair. She never barked(吠)or tried to get away. Funny thing is she would smile. This frightened people because they thought she was showing her teeth. Far from the truth, she loved everyone.   Now many years have passed since Brownie died of old age. I still miss the days when she was with us.   66. What would Brownie do when someone was ill in the family? (within 9 words)   67. How did Brownie probably feel when the author said “Bad girl” to her? (within 6 words)   68. When did some people get frightened by Brownie? (within 3 words)   69. Why does the author say that Brownie was more than just a family pet? (within 8 words)   70. What happened to Brownie at last? (within 8 words)
  第二节 短文改错(共10小题;每小题1.5分,共15分)   下面短文中有10处语言错误。请在有错误的地方增加、删除或修改某个单词。   增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写出该加的词。   删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。   修改:在错的词下画一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。   注意:1. 每句不超过两个错误;   2. 每处错误及其修改均仅限一词;   3. 只允许修改10处,多者(从第11处起)不计分。   Dear editor,   In the past my hometown was used to be a beautiful place. Thick trees and green grass could be seeing everywhere. In order to build more house and grow more crops, people cut down more and more trees. As time went on, the whole forest were almost destroyed. Gradually the green hills had changed into wasteland. As a result, sandstorms struck us now and then, from which we suffer a lot. However, I do hope all the people should realize the terribly result of not caring about our environment. What’s more, they should take good care of the forests and plant trees instead cutting them down to improve our living conditions.   第三节 书面表达(共25分)   假如你是李华,最近你班正在讨论“动物园是否应迁出市区”的问题。请根据以下讨论的情况用英语写一篇短文,反映讨论结果。   赞成迁出 反对迁出   1. 交通状况;   2. 郊区环境质量。 1. 历史原因;   2. 对动物的影响。   注意:   1. 词数120左右;   2. 可根据内容要点适当增加细节,以使行文连贯。
转载请注明来源。原文地址:
【xzbu】郑重声明:本网站资源、信息来源于网络,完全免费共享,仅供学习和研究使用,版权和著作权归原作者所有,如有不愿意被转载的情况,请通知我们删除已转载的信息。
xzbu发布此信息目的在于传播更多信息,与本网站立场无关。xzbu不保证该信息(包括但不限于文字、数据及图表)准确性、真实性、完整性等。

我要回帖

更多关于 we must face the 的文章

随机推荐