write ato the letterr to sb.可以吗

Many years ago, when I was fresh out of school and working in Denver, I was driving to my parents’ home in Missouri for Christmas. I stopped at a gas station(加油站) about 50 miles from Oklahoma City, where I was planning to stop and visit a friend. While I was standing in line at the cash register(收款台), I said hello to an older couple(夫妇)who were also paying for gas.I took off, but had gone only a few miles when black smoke poured from the back of my car, I stopped and wondered what I should do. A car pulled up behind me. It was the couple I had spoken to at the gas station. They said they would take me to my friend’s. We chatted on the way into the city, and when I got out of the car, the husband gave me his business card.I wrote him and his wife a thank-you note for helping me. Soon afterward, I received a Christmas present from them. Their note that came with it said that helping me had made their holidays wonderful.Years later, I drove to a meeting in a nearby town in the morning. In late afternoon I returned to my car and found that I’d left the lights on all day, and the battery(电池) was dead. Then I noticed that the Friendly Ford dealership - a shop selling cars - was right next door. I walked over and found two salesmen in the showroom."Just how friendly is Friendly Ford?" I asked and told them my trouble. They quickly drove a pickup truck (小货车) to my car and started it. They would accept no payment, so when I got home, I wrote them a note to say thanks. I received a letter back from one of the salesmen. No one had ever taken the time to write him and say thank you, and it meant a lot, he said."Thank you" - two powerful words. They’re easy to say and mean so much.【小题1】 The writer planned to stop at Oklahoma City ______.A.to visit a friendB.to see his parentsC.to pay at the cash registerD.to have more gas for his car【小题2】The words "took off" underlined in Paragraph 2 mean“______”.A.turned offB.moved offC.put upD.set up【小题3】What happened when the writer found smoke coming out of his car?A.He had it pulled back to the gas station.B.The couple sent him a business card.C.The couple offered to help him.D.He called his friend for help.【小题4】The battery of the writer’s car was dead because ______.A.something went wrong with the lightsB.the meeting lasted a whole dayC.he forgot to turn off the lightsD.he drove too long a distance【小题5】By telling his own stories, the writer tries to show ______.A.how to write a thank-you letterB.how to deal with(处理)car problemsC.the kind-heartedness of older peopleD.the importance of expressing thanks
Many years ago, when I was fresh out of school and working in Denver, I was driving to my parents' home in Missouri for Christmas. I stopped at a gas station(加油站) about 50 miles from Oklahoma City, where I was planning to stop and visit a friend. While I was standing in line at the cash register(收款台), I said hello to an older couple(夫妇)who were also paying for gas.I took off, but had gone only a few miles when black smoke poured from the back of my car, I stopped and wondered what I should do. A car pulled up behind me. It was the couple I had spoken to at the gas station. They said they would take me to my friend’s. We chatted on the way into the city, and when I got out of the car, the husband gave me his business card.I wrote him and his wife a thank-you note for helping me. Soon afterward, I received a Christmas present from them. Their note that came with it said that helping me had made their holidays wonderful.Years later, I drove to a meeting in a nearby town in the morning. In late afternoon I returned to my car and found that I'd left the lights on all day, and the battery(电池) was dead. Then I noticed that the Friendly Ford dealership - a shop selling cars - was right next door. I walked over and found two salesmen in the showroom."Just how friendly is Friendly Ford?" I asked and told them my trouble. They quickly drove a pickup truck (小货车) to my car and started it. They would accept no payment, so when I got home, I wrote them a note to say thanks. I received a letter back from one of the salesmen. No one had ever taken the time to write him and say thank you, and it meant a lot, he said."Thank you" - two powerful words. They're easy to say and mean so much.【小题1】 The writer planned to stop at Oklahoma City ______.A.to visit a friendB.to see his parentsC.to pay at the cash registerD.to have more gas for his car【小题2】The words "took off" underlined in Paragraph 2 mean“______”.A.turned offB.moved offC.put upD.set up【小题3】What happened when the writer found smoke coming out of his car?A.He had it pulled back to the gas station.B.The couple sent him a business card.C.The couple offered to help him.D.He called his friend for help.【小题4】The battery of the writer's car was dead because ______.A.something went wrong with the lightsB.the meeting lasted a whole dayC.he forgot to turn off the lightsD.he drove too long a distance【小题5】By telling his own stories, the writer tries to show ______.A.how to write a thank-you letterB.how to deal with(处理)car problemsC.the kind-heartedness of older peopleD.the importance of expressing thanks
阅读下面短文,根据短文完成表格中所缺信息,每空一词.
Many animal lovers would like to do more to help
animals, but aren’t sure where to start or feel like they just don’t have the
time. The good news is that there are many simple things you can do to help
protect animals.
Think more before you decide
The decisions you make may go a long way toward
stopping the killing of animals. Consider eating a vegetarian diet. If you
aren’t ready to make this change, there are still things you can do. Do not buy
animal products from companies that have illegal(违法的)
practices.
Help speak the word out
Speaking the word out about the problems faced by
animals can be as easy as putting up a notice on your car. Also, talk to your
friends and family members about important problems of animals. Give some
simple advice to a friend with a new pet about the serious pet over-population
problem we’re facing. Turn to some books on the subject if you are not so clear
about the advice you give your friend.
Write a letter
We’ve all heard the saying, “ The pen is more powerful
than the sword(宝剑)”. Put this idea to the protection of
animals. If a company has practices or rules that are harmful to animals, write
them a letter to let them know you are angry about them, and that you won’t buy
their products until they make some changes. Write letters to state and local
legislators(立法者)to let them know how important it is that
they support legislation that protects animals. Make them know that their
actions will have a great effect on your vote.
Be more loving
If you’re considering adding a dog or a cat to your
family, think about getting one from a homeless-animal house rather than buying
a pet. There are many wonderful animals just waiting for a home. By taking back
an animal from there, you will be helping in the fight against pet
over-population, as well as giving your money to those who look after poor
animals.
Let your actions be an example to others
It may sound simple,but one of
the best ways to help animals is to let your actions speak to the world. You
should do the following things first by yourself: Treat all living animals with
respect. Care about your pets and look after them well. Avoid (避免)entertainment places that use animals to perform.
Support legislation that protects animals. All of these things set an example
for others to follow.
Title: Ways of &&1.&&&animals
Think carefully before
you make&&2.&&
●Don’t eat meat.
●&3.&to buy animal products from
companies that have illegal practices.
Speak the word out
●Put up an
animal-protection&&4.&&on the car.
your friends and family members about
important animal problems.
●Give your
friends some simple&&5.&&on the pet
over-population problem.
●Get help
from books if necessary.
Write letters
●Let those
companies that are doing &&6.&&to animals
know about your anger.
legislators know the&&7.&&of their support
legislation that protects animals.
Be more loving
●Get a pet
from a homeless-animal house.
Act as an example to others
●Treat all
living animals with respect.
●Take good&8.&&of
your pets.
●Do not go
to places where animals&&9.&.
legislation which is&&10.&&for animals.
Life comes and goes quickly. Keep writing diaries,
they will help you record life and become a better person.
Record now to remember later
There are many little things that happen to you every
day. These things show you how you should do later in life. So remember to
write them down. ①And you can share the things written in diaries with your
lovers later in life.
Write to express feelings
②_______ can help you express your _______ and help
you move on with your life. For example, if you have someone close who hurt you
or even someone who passed away, you have no chance to tell them the things you
wanted to tell them. Then you can write a “letter” in your diary to express yourself.
It must be a very healthy way.
Record your success
Another great thing to add to a diary is all of your
successes. When you are in your unhappy days, it’s nice to go back and see what
you have done successfully before. The diaries about your successes help you
move forward in your life.
Understand your failures
Recording your failures is as important as recording
your successes. You can learn from your failures. Writing down your failures
and learning from them keeps you from making the same mistakes over and over.
You should understand that you can and will fail, and it keeps you calm and
realistic.
1.将①划线处翻译成汉语
4.在文中找出与下列句子意思相近的句子:
Recording your failures and learning from them can let
you not make the same mistakes again and again.
a letter to sb.还是 a letter for sb.There is a letter to your grandfatherThere is a letter for you具体怎么用,请朋友们指教!为什么?
There is a letter to your grandfather 这是给你爷爷的信There is a letter for you 这是给你的信这两个句子for and to 没有区别,就像我们中文可用这是给你的信,这有封你的信等有多种表达一样当然Please write a letter for me .请帮我写一封信.Please write a letter to me .请写一封信给我.中是不同的.这种区别由for:为了,to:向的本意导致
在There is的用法里面是一个意思没有什么本质上的区别。
看两个句子:Please write a letter for me . 请帮我写一封信.
Please write a letter to me .请写一封信给我.
没有区别。write for sb还是write to sb_百度作业帮
write for sb还是write to sb
write for sb还是write to sb求英语作文..write a letter to sb.别太多- -60词左右就ok了.._百度作业帮
求英语作文..write a letter to sb.别太多- -60词左右就ok了..
求英语作文..write a letter to sb.别太多- -60词左右就ok了..
Dea LucyI am very glad that you want a pen friend.Now let me introduce myself to you.My name is Kitty.I am twelve years old.I am a Chinese girl.I live in Beijing.I study in Yangguang Middles Cchool of Beijing.I like chatting on line,playing computer games and listenging to music.I hope that I will have a big flat in the busiest steet in Beijing in the future.Of course I will live with my family there.YoursKitty或:Now let me tell you something about my trip.I went on a trip to Hainan with my family during this summer holiday.We went there by plane.As soon as we got off the plane,we went to the beach to see the beautiful sand and swam there.At noon we felt hungry so we had lunch at a seafood restaurant near the beach.We ate seafood like shrimps and craps,and drank some abalone soup.We also went to the flower markets and bought lots of flowers.Besides we climbed the mountain and took lots of beautful pictures.We all didn't want to go home because the scenery was so beautiful,and there were so many other exciting things to try,but sadly it was time for us to go.It was definitely an exciting trip.If I have a chance,I will go there again.不明白的再问哟,请及时采纳,多谢!
Dear teacher: I've been learning English for about six years. But I don't think I can speak English very well . and I think the grammar is too difficult for me to understand . Can you help me? <b...

我要回帖

更多关于 to the letter 的文章

随机推荐