1.I have entered for the English 新概念2compositionn competition(同义句)

module2---Unit 1_图文_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
module2---Unit 1
上传于||文档简介
&&新​外​研​版​八​年​级​下​册​英​语
大小:8.17MB
登录百度文库,专享文档复制特权,财富值每天免费拿!
你可能喜欢小题1:C小题2:D小题3:D小题4:B小题5:C小题6:A小题7:A小题8:B小题9:B小题10:A小题11:C小题12:A小题13:D小题14:D小题15:C小题16:A小题17:B小题18:C小题19:D小题20:C试题分析:作者被选作班级代表,参加一个月以后的英语作文竞赛。知道这个消息之后,作者感到非常惊讶。为了不辜负同学们的期望,作者付出了很多努力进行准备。竞赛当天,作者没有计划好时间,导致作文没有来得及写完。但出乎意料的是,作者获得了第二名,这让他很满意。小题1:考查名词辨析。根据“I took part in an English composition competition”可知,作者代表所在班级参加英语作文竞赛,A选手,运动员;B选择;C代表;D人。故选C。小题2:考查形容词辨析。I was too&&&&&to speak when I heard what my classmates said.听到自己将代表班级参赛的消息,作者吃惊得说不出话来,A骄傲的,自豪的;B高兴的;C紧张的;D惊讶的。故选D。小题3:考查动词辨析。A得到,变得;B成为;C失去;D下落。作者不想辜负同学的期望,fall short of达不到,辜负,故选D。小题4:考查名词辨析。A承诺;B期望;C梦想;D话语。同学们都很支持作者,作者不想辜负他们的期望,故选B。小题5:考查名词辨析。A成功;B搅拌器,助猎者;C获胜者;D胜利。for the hope of being the&&&&&&of the competition作者努力训练,希望夺得竞赛的胜利,故选C。小题6:考查动词辨析。A识记,背诵;B复制,抄写;C阅读;D写。I&&&&&a lot of vocabulary, sentence structures作者背诵了很多词汇和句子结构,故选A。小题7:考查名词辨析。A语法;B短语;C句型;D术语。vocabulary, sentence structures and&&&&&rules词汇、句子结构和语法规则,故选A。小题8:考查动词辨析。A记住;B准备;C开始;D完成。Not having I &&&&&pretty well, the day came.还没有准备得非常充分,比赛那天就来了,故选B。小题9:考查介词辨析。A除了......之外还;B除了;C除了,排除细节;D和。Every candidate&&&&me looked so well – prepared每一个参赛者除了作者,看起来都是做足了准备,故选B。小题10:考查形容词辨析。A容易的,不费力的,轻而易举的;B紧张的;C感兴趣的;D不自信的。well – prepared and &&&&&&.所填词与well – prepared相近,B、D是消极词汇,不能判断作者对比赛没兴趣,排除C;故选A。小题11:考查名词辨析。A问题;B主意;C话题;D主题。“What do most teenagers concern nowadays?”是作文的话题,故选C。小题12:考查名词所有格。A作者的;B老师的;C思想家的;D作曲家的。I was nervous and got&&&&block.作者很紧张并且大脑一片空白,got the writer’s block写作障碍,故选A。小题13:考查动词辨析。A劝说;B告诉;C鼓励;D冷静。根据“took a deep breath”可知,作者冷静了下来,故选D。小题14:考查介词辨析。A和,带有,用;B对于;C在;D为了,对于,就......而言。began brainstorming ideas&&&&the topic开始就所给话题进行头脑风暴,故选D。小题15:考查不定代词。A另一个;B两者中的另一个;C其它,后加名词复数;D其它的,单独使用。elements要素,other后跟名词复数,故选C。小题16:考查动词辨析。A接近;B进入,使用;C结束;D结束。As the finishing time was&&&&,随着结束时间的临近,故选A。小题17:考查短语辨析。A因......感谢;B由于;C结果;D项on account缺少介词of。&&&&my failure of time management由于时间安排不合理,作文没有写完,故选B。小题18:考查定语从句。A某人的;B指人或物,作主语或宾语;C某人的;D指人或物,作主语或宾语。根据legs可知,定语从句的主语不完整,用whose作legs的定语,whose legs相当于of which the legs,故选C。小题19:考查副词和短语。A然而;B结果;C更糟的是;D尽管。&&&&I was not the first prize winner, I could still尽管不是第一名,作者依然能够......,这里表示让步关系,故选D。小题20:考查动词辨析。A闻;B触摸;C感觉到,察觉到;D实现,意识到。I could still&&&&&the scent of pride and happiness作者依然能够觉察到周围弥漫的自豪和开心的气息。故选C。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:阅读理解
One of the worst feelings you have as a professional athlete is the feeling after losing a game to a team that you should have beaten. That happened last night against the lowly Boston Celtics. They had only won 13 games the whole year and were really struggling. We had just come off a very good win against the Orlando Magic on the road and were feeling good about ourselves.The day did not start out good for us when we learned that T-Mac was going to miss the game with the flu. When you lose your best players (Yao, T-Mac) everyone must play a little harder and do a little bit more on the floor. We inserted Bonzi Wells into the lineup (he was the only one to have a good game for us), in place of T-Mac. It was a nasty game. We are usually one of the best three point shooting teams in the NBA and we only made 1 of 22 three point shots! I have never seen that happen. Never! Rafer Alston, Luther Head, and me combined to shoot 5 of 33 from the field. Ouch! You aren't going to win too many games like that. Even as poorly as we shot the ball, we STILL had a chance to win the game in the fourth quarter but failed to make the winning plays that you must make to leave the floor victorious. In the locker room after the game, everybody felt terrible. When we play a bad game, we feel that we let our teammates down. There is a bad feeling in the pit of your stomach when you leave the gym and you just want to go home and not talk to anyone. It is a terrible feeling, but it is a feeling that makes you want to try harder and do better the next time. I'll talk to you guys later.Shane 小题1:What is the passage mainly about?A.To blame the team for losing the game.B.To tell the readers about the feeling after losing the gameC.To explain why they played poorly in the game.D.To blame Yao Ming and T—Mac for being absent from the game.小题2: What can the readers learn from the text? A. The Boston Celtics is one of the top teams in NBA.B. The Boston Celtics had a big win over the writer’s team.C. Every one of the team played poorly with no energy.D. Bonzi Wells starts in the game with T-Mac out.小题3: How do you think the writer might describe his performance that night?A.ToughB.RelaxingC.TerribleD.Efficient小题4:The text most probably comes from the writer’s _________ .A.blogB.telephone messageC.noteD.interview
题型:完形填空
Could the Internet be totally free and should it be?Should the Internet be regulated?The recent disorder in the Arab world ____ by a disputed(有争议的) video damaging the image of Prophet(先知) Muhammad shows the United States,which is busy ____ global Internet freedom,has paid a huge price ____ the lives of its diplomats.In an unregulated Internet world,cheating,violence or rumors can ____ serious consequences.Many countries across the world are periodically suffering from “rumors” ___ by the Internet and social media.The US&led West always promotes Internet freedom and ____ any regulation as investigation,but it should think twice if it calculates the heavy price that has been and has to be paid for “____ Internet”.Moreover,____ the Internet in the West __9__ to be free,with no obvious ____ and no limited sites,isn’t the structure of the main pages already hand&controlled,with selected press agencies and ____ occupying clearly dominating(显著的) positions?The Internet has helped fight injustice,____ corruption in places so far apart as Indonesia,India and Latin America.But the Internet could be extremely ____ as well.Various racist or separatist organizations are using their Internet sites to ____ strong feelings.Those who are spreading hate are frequently using the Internet as their tool.No country can ____ to make the Internet absolutely free.The question is how to keep free flow of information ___ while protecting children from unhealthy works,common citizens from ____ rumors and countries from unfair and damaging propaganda(宣传) attacks.And who sets the limits?The ____ is that there will never be a perfect system.Every country will have to ____ its own system,based on its culture,social ____ and the degree of danger it’s facing.小题1:A.ledB.causedC.damagedD.attacked小题2:A.helpingB.processingC.promotingD.improving小题3:A.forB.atC.with D.off小题4:A.bringB.reachC.fetchD.take小题5:A.spreadB.exposedC.deliveredD.passed小题6:A.supportsB.followsC.opposesD.dislikes小题7:A.freeB.accessibleC.availableD.healthy小题8:A.as if B.even ifC.so thatD.in that小题9:A.happensB.intendsC.offersD.appears小题10:A.interruptionB.interferenceC.defenseD.preference小题11:A.programsB.substancesC.channelsD.sources小题12:A.uncoverB.strikeC.prevent
D.avoid小题13:A.beneficialB.usefulC.sensitiveD.destructive小题14:A.increaseB.decreaseC.upsetD.strengthen小题15:A.refuseB.affordC.failD.attempt小题16:A.unpolluted
B.unskilledC.unoccupiedD.uninterrupted小题17:A.evil B.meaningfulC.untrueD.effective小题18:A.importanceB.conclusionC.description
D.possibility小题19:A.developB.inventC.changeD.study小题20:A.trendsB.structuresC.surroundingsD.factors
Once there was a man who liked to eat mangoes. One day he decided to get the sweetest mango from the very top of the tree. Mangoes which are exposed to the sun the most are the sweetest.So he climbed up to the top, where the branches were thin. He managed to pick up a few sweet reddish fruits, but, in an attempt to climb down, he slipped and started falling towards the ground. Fortunately, he caught the branch as he was falling and remained helplessly hanging on the tree. Then he started to call nearby villagers for help. They immediately came with a ladder and sticks, but could do little to help him. Then after some time one calm and thoughtful person arrived – a well-known sage who lived in a simple hut nearby. People were very curious to see what he would do, as he was famous in solving many people’s problems in the area and sometimes very complicated ones.He was silent for a minute and then picked up a stone and threw it at the hanging man. Everybody was surprised. The hanging mango lover started to shout, “What are you doing?! Are you crazy? Do you want me to break my neck?” The sage was silent. Then he took another stone and threw it at the man. The man was very angry, “If I could just come down, I would show you!”That’s what everybody wanted – that he came down. But how? Now everybody was tense, as to what would happen next! Some wanted to chastise the sage, but they didn’t. The sage picked another stone and threw it again at the man, even more forcefully. Now the man on the tree was enraged and developed a great determination to come down and take revenge(复仇). He then used all his skill and strength and somehow reached the branches which were safe to start going down. And he made it! Everybody was amazed.However, the rescued man found the sage gone. He stood there, realizing that the man really saved him because he induced(引诱)him to try his best and save himself.“I should be thankful and not angry.” 小题1:From the story we know that the sweetest mango must be the one&&&&&&&&.A.on the very top of the treeB.hidden in the middle of a treeC.on the tree for the longest timeD.exposed to sunlight less often小题2:What happened after he had picked a few sweet reddish mangoes?A.He slipped and fell to the ground suddenly.B.He was climbing down quickly C.He remained hanging helplessly on the tree.D.He shouted loudly for help but no one helped.小题3:How did the man feel when the sage hit him with a stone?A.He was nervous.B.He kept silentC.He felt surprised.D.He was angry.小题4:What do you think motivated the man to climb down?A.Courage.B.Revenge.C.Carefulness. D.Assistance.
Born in America,I spoke English,not Chinese,the language of my ancestors.When I was three,my parents flashed cards with Chinese ____ at my face,but I pushed them ____.My mom believed I would learn ___ I was ready.But the ____ never came. On a Chinese New Year's Eve,my uncle spoke to me in Chinese,but all I could do was ____ at him,confused,scratching my head.“ Still can't speak Chinese?”He____ me,“You can't even buy a fish in Chinatown.” “Hey,this is America,not China.I'll get some ____ with or without Chinese.”I replied and turned to my mom for ____.“Remember to ask for fresh fish,Xin Xian Yu,”she said,handing over a $20 bill.I ____ the words,running downstairs into the streets of Chinatown.I found the fish ____ surrounded in a sea of customers.“I'd like to buy some fresh fish,”I shouted to the fishman.But he ____ my English words and turned to serve the next customer.The laugh of the people behind increased ____ their impatience.With every ____,the breath of the dragons(龙)on my back grew stronger—my blood boiling—____ me to cry out,“Xian Sheng Yu,please.”“Very Xian Sheng,”I repeated.The crowd erupted into laughter.My face turned ____ and I ran back home ____,except for the $20 bill I held tightly in my pocket.Should I laugh or cry?They're Chinese.I'm Chinese. I should feel right at ____.Instead,I was the joke,a disgrace(丢脸)to the language.Sometimes,I laugh at my fish ____,but,in the end.the joke is on ____.Every laugh is a culture ____;every laugh is my heritage(传统)fading away.小题1:A.customB.gamesC.charactersD.language小题2:A.aheadB.aroundC.alongD.aside小题3:A.whenB.beforeC.unlessD.until小题4:A.successB.studyC.timeD.attempt小题5:A.aimB.jokeC.nodD.stare小题6:A.cared aboutB.laughed atC.argued withD.asked after小题7:A.right nowB.from nowC.at timesD.in time小题8:A.decisionB.permissionC.informationD.preparation小题9:A.repeatedB.reviewedC.spelledD.kept小题10:A.farmB.standC.pondD.market小题11:A.guessedB.forgotC.doubtedD.ignored小题12:A.byB.asC.withD.from小题13:A.secondB.effortC.desireD.movement小题14:A.forcingB.allowingC.persuadingD.leading小题15:A.brightB.blankC.paleD.red小题16:A.thrownB.lostC.dividedD.reflected小题17:A.serviceB.homeC.riskD.root小题18:A.tradeB.deedC.challengeD.incident小题19:A.itB.usC.meD.them小题20:A.open?mouthedB.tongue?tiedC.empty?handedD.broken?hearted
When I was quite young, my father had one of the first telephones in our neighborhood. I remember well the polished old case fastened to the wall. The shiny receiver hung on the side of the box. I was too little to reach the telephone, but used to listen with great interest when my mother used to talk to it.Then I discovered that somewhere inside the wonderful device lived an amazing person— her name was Information Please and there was nothing she did not know. Information Please could supply anybody’s number.My first personal experience with Information Please came one day while my mother was visiting a neighbor. I accidentally hit my finger with a hammer. The pain was terrible, but there didn’t seem to be any reason in crying because there was no one home to give sympathy. I walked around the house sucking my hurting finger, finally arriving at the stairway—the telephone! Climbing up I unhooked the receiver and held it to my ear. “Information Please,” I said.A click or two and a small clear voice spoke into my ear, “Information.”“I hurt my finger…” I cried. The tears came readily enough now that I had an audience. “Isn’t your mother home?” came the question. “Nobody’s home but me.” I sobbed. “Are you bleeding?” “No,” I replied. “I hit my finger with the hammer and it hurts.” “Can you open your icebox?” she asked. I said I could. “Then chip off a little piece of ice and hold it to your finger.”After that I called Information Please for everything. I asked her for help with my geography and she told me where Philadelphia was. And there was the time that Petey, our pet canary (金丝雀) died. I called Information Please and told her the sad story. She listened, and then said the usual things grown-ups say to comfort a child. But I was unconsoled. Why is it that birds should sing so beautifully and bring joy to all families, only to end up as a heap of feathers, feet up on the bottom of a cage?She must have sensed my deep concern, for she said quietly, “Paul, always remember that there are other worlds to sing in.” Somehow I felt better.Another day I was on the telephone. “Information Please.” “Information,” said the now familiar voice. “How do you spell fix?” I asked.All this took place in a small town in the Pacific Northwest. Then when I was 9 years old, we moved to Boston. I missed my friend very much. Information Please belonged to that old wooden box in former home, and I somehow never thought of trying the tall, shiny new phone that sat on the hall table.Yet as I grew into my teens, the memories of those childhood conversations
often in moments of doubt and sadness I would recall the sense of security I had then. I appreciated now how patient, understanding, and kind she was to have spent her time on a little boy.A few years later, on my way west to college, my plane put down in Seattle. I had about half an hour or so between planes, and I spent 15 minutes or so on the phone with my sister, who lived there now. Then without thinking what I was doing, I dialed my hometown operator and said, “Information Please.”Unexpectedly, I heard again the small, clear voice I knew so well, “Information.” I hadn’t planned this but I heard myself saying, “Could you tell me please how to spell fix?” There was a long pause. Then came the soft spoken answer, “I guess that your finger must have healed by now.”I laughed, “So it’s really still you,” I said. “I wonder if you have any idea how much you meant to me during that time.”“I wonder,” she said, “if you know how much your calls meant to me. I never had any children, and I used to look forward to your calls.”I told her how often I had thought of her over the years and I asked if I could call her again when I came back to visit my sister.“P just ask of Sally.”Just three months later I was back in Seattle…. A different voice answered Information and I asked for Sally.“Are you a friend?” “Yes, a very old friend.” “Then I’m sorry to have to tell you. Sally has been working part-time the last few years because she was sick. She passed away five weeks ago.” But before I could hang up she said, “Wait a minute. Did you say your name was Paul?”“Yes!”“Well, Sally left a message for you. She wrote it down. Here it is. I’ll read it. “Tell him I still say there are other worlds to sing in. He’ll know what I mean.”I thanked her and hung up. I did know what Sally meant. 小题1:According to the text, Information Please is actually ________.A.a robotB.the author’s motherC.a telephone operatorD.the telephone itself小题2:The author picked up the telephone for the first time to ________.A.call his mother who was visiting a neighbor B.call the doctor for his wounded finger C.find out what exactly lived in the telephone D.find someone to give him sympathy小题3:The underlined word “unconsoled” in paragraph 6 means ________.A.too sad to have a talkB.difficult to deal with somebody C.hard to communicate with somebodyD.unable to accept comfort小题4:What did Sally mean by saying those underlined words in the message?A.The author didn’t need to feel sad for her death.B.She went to another place to make a living as a singer C.The world without her would still be good to the author.D.The author should explore new worlds for his new life.小题5:Why did the writer never think of trying the new phone after moving to Boston?A.He hadn’t got used to the line service in Boston yet.B.There was something wrong with the new phone.C.He missed Information Please in the old phone so much.D.He didn’t like the tall and shiny style of the new phone.
Robert Ballard was born in 1942. From an early age, he loved the sea. Ballard grew up in Southern California. He spent his free time at the beach near his home. He enjoyed fishing and swimming. He even learned to dive. When Ballard wasn’t at the ocean, he loved reading about it. At age 10, he read 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, a book which describes the undersea adventures of Captain Nemo. Ballard decided he wanted to be like Captain Nemo when he grew up. His parents helped him follow his dream. Ballard was a hardworking student. He spent many years learning all he could about the ocean. By the age of 28, he was an expert. In 1970, he took a job as a scientist at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute in Massachusetts. There he studied underwater mountains of the Atlantic Ocean. He came up with ways to predict(预知)volcanoes under the oceans. Working with other scientists, Ballard also found previously(以前)unknown sea animals. These animals lived far below the ocean’s surface, where scientists had believed no animals could live.By the 1980s, Ballard’s interests changed. He developed unmanned(无人的)vehicles to explore the ocean bottom. His first find, the well-known ship Titanic, made Ballard famous. He was not happy with just one big find, however. He looked for — and found — other well-known ships. One was the German battleship Bismarck. Another was the U.S.S. Yorktown, an aircraft carrier (航空母舰) that sank during World War II.Today Robert Ballard is still an underwater explorer. He also heads an organization that encourages students to learn about science. Ballard hopes that some of the students will follow in his footsteps. After all, the world’s huge oceans are mostly unknown. Who knows what remains to be discovered under the sea?小题1:What was Ballard’s dream when he was young?A.To be a science teacher.B.To be an underwater explorer.C.To be an animal expert.D.To be a famous writer.小题2:When Ballard worked at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute, he _____.A.explored the undersea world by shipB.thought of ideas to predict underwater volcanoes C.found some unknown sea animals aloneD.set up an organization to teach students science小题3:Which is the correct order of the events mentioned in the text about Ballard?a. He found the German battleship Bismarck.b. He read a book about Captain Nemo.c. He found the famous ship Titanic.d. He became an expert in science.A.b-c-d-aB.d-b-c-aC.b-d-c-aD.d-c-a-b小题4:What can we learn from the text?A.Ballard’s parents felt disappointed at his undersea adventures.B.Ballard didn’t like fishing and swimming in his childhood.C.Ballard was greatly influenced by 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.D.Human beings have explored more than half of the sea.
They think they're lucky and it's Christmas again. They can't see that we live on a dirty street in a shabby house among people who aren't much good. Johnny and the children can't see how pitiful it is that our neighbors have to make happiness out of this filth and dirt. My children must get out of this. But how? The money that we've saved isn't nearly enough. The McGaritys have money, but they are show-offs with it. The McGarity girl just yesterday stood out there in the street eating from a bag of cookies while a ring of hungry children watched her. I saw those children looking at her and crying in their hearts, and when she couldn't eat any more, she threw the rest down the sewer(阴沟). Miss Jackson who teaches at the Settlement House isn't rich, but she knows things. She understands people. Her eyes look straight into yours when she talks with you. Everybody else here looks away because they're ashamed of their lives. I'd like to see the children would be like Miss Jackson when they grew up. 小题1:The writer's family is the poorest one on that street. 小题2:The McGarity girl is characterized as rich and nice. 小题3:The writer thinks Miss Jackson is an example her children should follow. 小题4:The writer wants to move out of that district. 小题5:Watching the rich girl eating cookies, those hungry children cried.
One day I took a bus with my girlfriend. It was so &&&&&&&that we stood for several stops until a&vacant seat was &&&&&&&for her.& Then a pretty girl rushed towards me,&saying,&"Hi,&where are you going?" &I was so struck by the stranger that I had a hard time trying to &&&&&&&her. Clearly she had taken me &&&&&&somebody else. I returned her greeting with politeness,&&&&&&&to give explanation to my girlfriend later.& Noticing my dialogue with somebody else,&my girlfriend &&&&&&her eyes and found she was pretty.&She asked jealously,&"Who's she?" The pretty girl,&quite &&&&&&of the situation, spoke out first,&"Hi, let me &&&&&&&myself. I'm Nancy, used to be &&&&&&. Very glad to meet you." She behaved very &&&&&&. But I was &&&&&&&to search in my memory for someone called Nancy among my neighbors. I was worrying how to explain this to my girlfriend &&&&&&the pretty girl again turned to me,&"Will you give&me your cell phone number so that we &&&&&&&keep contacts later?" I had to submit to her &&&&&&. Then the girl got off the bus at the next stop.&A minute later I got a short &&&&&&&on my phone-from a stranger. My girlfriend &&&&&&my&phone and read the note. It was from the girl,&who said,&"Just now,&two thieves tried to &&&&&&your&pocket. I had to act as an acquaintance to draw your attention. I should have left at the &&&&&&&stop&but gave up as I noticed these two thieves also &&&&&&&to leave at the same stop. Because of the &&&&&&I delayed my departure. Now you' ll understand all I have done to you. Wish you luck."小题1:A.tiringB.slowC.crowdedD.messy小题2:A.readyB.availableC.specialD.suitable小题3:A.identifyB.realizeC.remindD.judge小题4:A.onB.byC.withD.for小题5:A.preferring B.planningC.managingD.promising小题6:A.fixedB.openedC.raisedD.focused小题7:A.proudB.carefulC.afraidD.aware小题8:A.explain B.enjoyC.introduceD.help小题9:A.partnersB.neighborsC.friendsD.colleagues小题10:A.naturallyB.generouslyC.cautiouslyD.normally小题11:A.in a hurry B.at a lossC.at easeD.in time小题12:A.whileB.beforeC.whenD.until小题13:A.wouldB.canC.shouldD.must小题14:A.requestB.questionC.commandD.opinion小题15:A.suggestionB.warningC.noticeD.message小题16:A.removedB.seizedC.foundD.caught小题17:A.stealB.reachC.getD.pick小题18:A.terminalB.formerC.previousD.latter小题19:A.pretendingB.intendingC.demandingD.announcing小题20:A.incidentB.matterC.accidentD.affair
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!

我要回帖

更多关于 新概念2composition 的文章

随机推荐