The difference among blame的用法 responsibility and duty 全英文的,求大师来解答,注意,在解答时,请用中文,谢谢

 上传我的文档
 下载
 收藏
该文档贡献者很忙,什么也没留下。
 下载此文档
正在努力加载中...
清华大学2006年博士研究生入学考试英语试题附答案和详解
下载积分:300
内容提示:清华大学2006年博士研究生入学考试英语试题附答案和详解
文档格式:PDF|
浏览次数:69|
上传日期: 19:14:29|
文档星级:
该用户还上传了这些文档
清华大学2006年博士研究生入学考试英语试题附答案和详解
官方公共微信report this ad
A couple watch their baby inside a waiting hall at the Nanjing railway station, capital of Jiangsu province. [Reuters/2006]
In nature, the balance of males and females is maintained by natural selection acting on parents. As Sir Ronald Fisher brilliantly pointed out in 1930, a surplus of one sex will be redressed by selection in favour of rearing the other sex, up to the point where it is no longer the minority. It isn't quite as simple as that. You have to take into account the relative economic costs of rearing one sex rather than the other. If, say, it costs twice as much to rear a son to maturity as a daughter (e.g. because males are bigger than females), the true choice facing a parent is not "Shall I rear a son or a daughter?" but "Shall I rear a son or two daughters?"
So, Fisher concluded, what is equlibrated by natural selection is not the total numbers of sons and daughters born in the population, but the total parental expenditure on sons versus daughters. In practice, this usually amounts to an approximately equal ratio of males to females in the population at the end of the period of parental expenditure.
Note that the word 'decision' doesn't mean conscious decision: we employ the usual 'selfish gene' metaphorical reasoning, in which natural selection favours genes that produce behaviour 'as if' decisions are being made.
Interestingly, Fisher's reasoning remains intact, even in harem-based societies such as those of elephant seals, where a minority of males monopolise the females and the majority of males hang about as disconsolate bachelors. From a parent's point of view, a daughter is a 'safe' choice, likely to yield an average number of grandchildren. A son is a high risk choice. He is most likely to give you no grandchildren at all. But if he does give you grandchildren he'll give you lots. The figures balance out and Fisher's equilibrium still holds.
That's what happens in nature. But what if we are dealing with a human society in which cultural traditions over-ride the genetic imperatives (yet another example, this time not necessarily a benign one, of 'rebelling against the selfish genes'). What if the religion of a country fosters a deep-rooted undervaluing of women? What if there is an ancient culture of despising women, whether for religious or otherwise traditional or economic reasons?
report this ad
In past centuries such cultures might have fostered selective infanticide of newborn girls. But now, what if scientific culture makes it possible to know the sex of a fetus, say by amniocentesis or ultrasound scanning? There is then an obvious temptation selectively to abort female embryos, which could have far-reaching and probably pernicious social consequences. I'll refrain from gloating over the possibility of Taliban-inspired woman-hating societies going extinct for lack of women.
The Guardian has , which is described as a 'scourge' of the developing world:
charts how the trend towards choosing boys over girls, largely through sex-selective abortions, is rapidly spreading across the developing world.
While the natural sex ratio at birth is 105 boys born for every 100 girls, in India the figure has risen to 112 boys and in China 121. The Chinese city of Lianyungang recorded an astonishing 163 boys per 100 girls in 2007.
The bias towards boys has been estimated to have caused the "disappearance" of 160 million women and girls in Asia alone over the past few decades. The pattern has now spilled over to Azerbaijan, Georgia and Armenia, the Balkans and Albania, where the sex ratio is 115/100.
The unnatural skewing towards male populations has become so pronounced in recent decades that Hvistendahl, a writer for Science magazine, says it has given rise to a new "Generation XY". She raises the possibility that with so many surplus men - up to a fifth of men will be single in northwestern India by 2020 - large parts of the world could become like America's wild west, with excess testosterone leading to raised levels of crime and violence.
I'm sure Hvistendahl is right when she says, "Historically, societies in which men substantially outnumber women are not nice places to live", and when she compares it to the American wild west "with excess testosterone leading to raised levels of crime and violence."
But is she right to blame Western science and governments for making sex selection possible? Why do we blame science for offering a method to do bad things? Science is the disinterested search for truth. If you want to do good things, science provides very good methods of doing so. And if you want to do bad things, again science provides the best practical methods. The ability to know the sex of a fetus is an inevitable byproduct of medical benefits such as amniocentesis, ultrasound scanning, and other techniques for the diagnosis of serious problems. Should scientists have refrained from developing useful techniques, for fear of how they might be misused by others?
Even sex selection itself and selective abortion of early embryos is not necessarily a social evil. A society which values girls and boys equally might well include parents who aspire to at least one of each, without having too large a family. We all know families whose birth order goes girl girl girl girl boy stop. And other families of boy boy boy boy girl stop. If sex selection had been an option, wouldn't those families have been smaller: girl boy stop, and boy girl stop? In other words, sex selection, in societies that value sexual equality, could have beneficial effects on curbing overpopulation, and could help provide parents with exactly the family balance they want.
But the general question I want to raise is whether the evils of what Mara Hvistendahl calls the XY generation should be blamed on "western governments and businesses that have exported technology and pro-abortion practices without considering the consequences." Or whether they should be blamed on the cultural and religious practices that despise and discriminate against women in the first place.
Related reading: the book
(PublicAffairs, June 7, 2011).
[ on , where you can find
by Dr. Dawkins, and links to
report this ad
Blue writes, “Peter Watts has be stricken with debilitating pain, loss of range of motion and motor control. Watts’ doctors remain baffled despite a battery of tests, and Watts has reached out to his fans to ask for their theories and ideas as to what might be causing his illness.”
Today, I’ve launched a very special Kickstarter with two friends, Timothy Daly and Lawrence Azerrad. A year in the making (and many more years on our minds), the Voyager Golden Record: 40th Anniversary Edition is the first vinyl release of the stunning golden phonograph record launched by NASA in 1977 aboard the Voyager spacecraft, one [&]
Bret Victor complained on Twitter that technologists were wasting their imaginations, energy and talent on things that wouldn’t matter after climate change reduced the world his followers pushed back and asked what they, as technologists, could do about climate change.
Evan Kimbrell, founder of the digital agency Sprintkick, recently released a series of online courses that feature some of the best advice we’ve come across. These courses are well worth your time, and will save you from making many typical mistakes down the line if you ever want to start your own business.With this Business [&]
Handy is the most convenient solution we’ve found for booking a house cleaning at the last minute, and they do a really great job. It’s as easy as heading to the site, selecting a date and time that works for you and the number of rooms in your home. We’ve even scheduled emergency cleanings as soon as the following day. [&]
With all the new amazing games and consoles out there, we still can’t help but have a soft spot for old school staples.
From Super Mario to Mortal Kombat, classic games just never get old. Which is why we’re so excited to relive the nostalgia with our newest deal in the Boing Boing Shop: The Complete SNES [&]
report this ad2012届高考英语高效测评检测试题(有答案)
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
2012届高考英语高效测评检测试题(有答案)
作者:佚名 资料来源:网络 点击数: &&&
2012届高考英语高效测评检测试题(有答案)
文 章来源莲山 课件 w ww.5 Y
《金版新学案》高三一轮总复习[W 研]英语高效测评卷(六)新课标全国卷Ⅰ•选修6学校:__________ 班级:___________ 姓名:___________ 考号:__________第Ⅰ卷(,共115分)第一部分:(共两节,满分30分)第一节(共5小题;每小题1.5分,满分7.5分)1.Where does the conversation take place?A.At the barber’s.  &B.At the baker’s. C.At the dentist’s.2.What is the relationship between the speakers?A.Friends.&    &B.Strangers.C.Brother and sister.3.What can we know about the chair?A.It’s broken.&    &B.It’s too expensive.C.It has just been painted.4.How many boys are there in the class?A.23.& &B.24.& C.27.5.Who is on duty today?A.Jack.& &B.Peter.& C.Jane.第二节(共15小题;每小题1.5分,满分22.5分)听第6段对话,回答第6至7题。6.When did the woman talk with Mike on the phone?A.The day before yesterday.&    &B.Last night.C.This morning.7.When does the man think that Mike will go back to work?A.Nearly 10 days later.&    &B.Another 3 days later.C.Another 3 weeks later.听第7段对话,回答第8至10题。8.What’s wrong with the man?A.He has a slight cough.B.He has been feeling unwell for some time.C.His blood pressure is ninety&nine.9.How many cigarettes does the man smoke a day?A.Less than twenty.&    &B.Thirty or forty.C.Twenty or thirty.10.What advice does the woman give the man?A.Cutting down on his smoking.B.Losing some weight.C.Having a good sleep.听第8段对话,回答第11至13题。11.Why does the woman want to make some money?A.To take a trip to the north.&    &B.To buy a new car.C.To open a dog hospital.12.What is the man’s first suggestion?A.Delivering letters.&    &B.Walking dogs.C.Carrying papers.13.What does the man tell the woman about the job of walking dogs?A.It needs a dog.&    &B.It can bring her more money.C.It’s good for her health.听第9段对话,回答第14至16题。14.What does the man do probably?A.A musician.& &B.A singer.& C.A student.15.Why is the man not sure of joining the group?A.He doesn’t think the group is good enough.B.He doesn’t have time to practice.C.He isn’t interested in joining it.16.What can we know about the woman?A.She is in charge of the group.B.She has never played the guitar.C.She has made a lot of friends.听第10段独白,回答第17至20题。17.How old is the speaker?A.Five.& &B.Seventeen.& C.Twenty&two.18.Why has the speaker long been looked down upon?A.She’s hearing&disabled.B.She can’t get on well with her classmates.C.Something is wrong with her brain.19.What does the speaker want to prove?A.She’s a non&disabled person.B.She’s better at studies and sports than any other student.C.She’s not different from the average teenagers.20.What makes the speaker a strong person?A.Her physical limitation and her courage.B.Her gift for studies and sports.C.Her family and school background.第二部分:英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)第一节 语法和词汇知识(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)21.The singer and________dancer plays________important part in the concert.A./;an    &B.the;an    C.a;an    &D.the;/22.―________We should have been at the theatre ten minutes ago.―Oh,dear!Let’s hurry!A.Look at the time!& &B.Give me a moment.C.I’m stuck.& &D.See what I mean?23.If you have any difficulties,please do not________to contact our Customer Service Department.A.avoid& &B.desire& C.seek& &D.hesitate24.The bus was held up by the snowstorm,thus________the delay.A.to cause& &B.having causedC.causing& &D.caused25.It may rain,but________I shall go out.I’ll go to the airport to see Xiao Lin off.A.otherwise& &B.furthermore& C.therefore& &D.anyhow26.________a pianist,I had to sing solo.Much to my relief,my performance was fully appreciated by the audience.A.Lack& &B.Lacking of& C.Lacking& &D.Lacked in27.―Sorry,I’m late.―It’s OK.However,you________come to the company today,for it is Saturday.A.couldn’t have& &B.needn’t haveC.wouldn’t& &D.couldn’t28.You can’t imagine her________the invitation without thinking twice.A.accept& &B.accepting& C.to accept& &D.accepted29.He checked out his composition again and again to make sure that no important points had been________.A.found out& &B.run out& C.made out& &D.left out30.London is one of the best places in the world to________education with pleasure so it’s good for your pupils.A.compare& &B.replace& C.equip& &D.combine31.―Thanks for your help.What shall I do for you________?―You would have done the same if you were me.A.in order&B.in return& C.in vain& &D.in advance32.He has realised his________of owning his own business after years of hard work.A.contribution&B.ambition& C.motivation& &D.reputation33.(;绵阳三诊)After five hours’ drive,they reached________they thought was the place they had been dreaming of.A.where& &B.what& C.which& &D.that34.(日照市;调研考试)The patient’s son asked the doctor the question________his father could survive the big operation.A.whether& &B.if& C.that& &D.what35.―Have you any________room?―Sorry,but we’re fully booked.A.hollow& &B.bare& C.blank& &D.vacant第二节 完形(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)(;济南检测)Lucky to have himWhen I met him,I had a lot of anger inside of me.I never had a father,though in my neighborhood that’s not__36__.I know some kids just like me.You have to__37__yourself.There are fights and killings all the time.I have friends who ended up in jail or pregnant.I could have ended up that way,too,__38__Mr Clark and my mom wouldn’t let that happen.Mr Clark worked long hours,making sure I did my work.My grades rose.In fact,I did so well that in sixth grade,I entered the__39__class,and Mr Clark was the teacher.I felt so__40__to have him for a second year!He took our class to see The Phantom of the Opera.Before the show,he__41__us to dinner at a restaurant and taught us not to talk with our mouths full.We didn’t want to let him__42__,so we listened to him attentively.__43__of us were surprised when Mr Clark was selected as Disney’s 2000 Teacher of the Year.When he learned he’d won,he said he would__44__three names out of a hat;he would go to Los Angeles to get the__45__with those students.But __46__it came time to draw names,Mr Clark said,“You’re all going.”He got__47__to fly all 37 of us out to Disneyland in California and put us up at the Hilton.People were__48__,but Mr Clark really cared about us.There’s no way I can__49__most teachers doing that.No way.But he saw something in us that nobody else saw.On graduation day,there were a lot of tears.We didn’t want his class to__50__.In the new school year,we were all happy when Mr Clark__51__in our class once again.He’s been a__52__in our lives.In 2003,Mr Clark took some of us on a trip to South Africa to__53__school supplies and visit orphanages.It was the most amazing__54__of my life.It’s now my__55__to one day start a group of women’s clubs,helping people from all backgrounds.36.A.common &B.normal& C.real &D.unusual37.A.encourage &B.watch&& C.comfort& &D.tolerate38.A.but &B.therefore& C.otherwise &D.or39.A.local &B.general& C.gifted &D.sacred40.A.sudden &B.lucky& C.annoyed &D.anxious41.A.treated &B.directed& C.showed &D.swapped42.A.off& &B.out&& C.up& &D.down43.A.Some& &B.Any&& C.None& &D.Many44.A.give& &B.draw&& C.enter &D.register45.A.reward &B.bonus& C.diploma &D.award46.A.after &B.when&& C.before &D.since47.A.donations &B.suggestions& C.requests& &D.messages48.A.excited &B.satisfied& C.ashamed& &D.amazed49.A.suggest& &B.advocate& C.imagine &D.complain50.A.end& &B.start& C.continue &D.last51.A.picked up &B.showed up& C.rang up &D.packed up52.A.colleague &B.sponsor& C.success &D.constant53.A.deliver &B.collect& C.display &D.recommend54.A.adventure &B.experience& C.vacation &D.interview55.A.turn &B.conclusion& C.dream &D.demand第三部分:理解(共两节,满分40分)第一节(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)A(;江苏高考模拟二)When we were young,we had dreams and expectations.We imagine things,we keep thinking about what we want to be,what we want to do,what makes us proud and happy and what we will become.We grew up,and everything seemed like having its own way.We accept our success or failures and we move on.The change,the need to do the important things,the jobs,the pressures and the failures,all kill part of our dreams.Things have changed,but they cannot really take away the dreams.We still have to dream on,to realize our desires,our wants,our future,even when we are considered too old for such things.Cornel Sanders started his business when he was sixty,and started the whole successful KFC business.The main thing is not the age―whether being too old,or too young,but it is the desire to dream on,and the courage to realize it.Having a dream,taking it to sleep,thinking about it,planning it,and adding all the fun to our dreams will make us a bit closer to the realization of our dreams.Businessmen start with a dream,a simple wish of small restaurant operation,or a huge business of real&estate (房地产) development,or a training center for English education,or just any other self&employed money earning fun.The ability to dream on is one of the fine qualities of human race that other animals do not have.So dream on,and put a deadline:make it a giant dream,a small one,an old one,a newfound one,a hobby related one,a change of life one,a religious one,a stupid one,or just whatever...just continue to dream on...Then,Just Go and Do It!56.According to the passage,which of the following may not cause the failure of our dreams?A.Changes in life. &B.Jobs.C.Pressures. &D.Working hard.57.The writer mentioned KFC in this passage in order to tell us:________.A.If you want to succeed,you have to wait to work at 60B.KFC is quite popular with all the young people in the worldC.It is not the age but the desire and courage that makes your dream come trueD.Cornel Sanders the founder of KFC had a dream when he was young58.What does the underlined word “giant” in paragraph 5 probably mean?A.Big. &B.Small.& C.Wise. &D.Common.59.Which of the following is the most suitable title for this passage?A.Dream on. &B.Dream and Facts.C.KFC and Dream. &D.One World,One Dream.B(;唐山一模)Washington (Reuters)―People who drink two or more sweetened soft drinks a week have a much higher risk of pancreatic cancer (胰腺癌),an unusual but deadly cancer,researchers reported on Monday.People who drank mostly fruit juice instead of sodas did not have the same risk,the study of 60,000 people in Singapore found.Sugar may be to blame but people who drink sweetened sodas regularly often have other poor health habits,said Mark Pereira of the University of Minnesota,who led the study.“The high levels of sugar in soft drinks may be increasing& the level of insulin (胰岛素) in the body,which we think contributes to pancreatic cancer cell growth,” Pereira said in a statement.Writing in the journal Cancer Epidemiology,Biomarkers & Prevention,Pereira& and& his& colleagues& said& they& followed 60,524 men and women in the Singapore Chinese Health Study for 14 years.Over that time,140 of the volunteers developed pancreatic cancer.Those who drank two or more sweetened soft drinks a week had an 87 percent higher risk of being among those who got pancreatic cancer.Pereira said he believed the findings would apply elsewhere.“Singapore is a wealthy country with excellent healthcare.Favorite pastimes (消遣) are eating and shopping,so the findings should apply to other Western countries,” he said.But Susan Mayne of the Yale Cancer Center at Yale University in Connecticut was cautious.“Although this study found a risk,the finding was based on a relatively small number of cases and it remains unclear whether it is a causal (因果的) connection or not,” said Mayne,who serves on the board of the journal,which is published by the American Association for Cancer Research.Pancreatic cancer is one of the deadliest forms of cancer,with 230,000 cases globally.In the United States,37,680 people are diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in a year and 34,290 die of it.60.According to the text,who is in control of the health study?A.Mark Pereira. &B.Scientists from Singapore.C.Researchers in Yale. &D.Susan Mayne.61.We can infer from Pereira’s words that________.A.the healthcare in Singapore should be greatly improvedB.2 soft drinks a day are considered harmful to healthC.87 out of 140 volunteers developed pancreatic cancerD.sugar might not be the only cause of pancreatic cancer62.How does Susan seem to feel about the findings of the study?A.Satisfied. &B.Doubtful.& C.Worried. &D.Hopeful.63.The best title of the text might be________.A.The Deadliest Forms of CancerB.Drink Fruit Juice Instead of SodasC.A Study in University of MinnesotaD.Sugary Soft Drinks Lead to CancerC(;杭州第二次检测)When you are little,it’s not hard to believe you can change the world.I remember my enthusiasm when,at the age of 12,I addressed the people at the Rio Earth Summit.“I am only a child,” I told them.“Yet I know that if all the money spent on war was spent on ending poverty and finding environmental answers,what a wonderful place this world would be.At school you teach us not to fight with others,to work things out,to respect others,to clean up our mess,not to hurt other creatures,to share,not to be greedy.Then why do you go out and do the things you tell us not to do.You grown&ups say you love us,but I challenge you,please,to make your actions reflect your words.”I spoke for six minutes and received a standing ovation.Some of the people even cried.I thought that maybe I had reached some of them,that my speech might actually spur (刺激) action.Now,ten years from Rio,after I’ve sat through many more conferences,I’m not sure what has been achieved.My confidence in the people in power and in the power of an individual’s voice to reach them has been deeply shaken.When I was little,the world was simple.But as a young adult,I’m learning that as we have to make choices―education,career,lifestyle―life gets more and more complicated.We are beginning to feel pressure to produce and be successful.We are taught that economic growth is progress,but we aren’t taught how to seek a happy,healthy way of living.And we are learning that what we wanted for the future when we were 12 was idealistic and naive (天真的).Today I’m no longer a child,but I’m worried about what kind of environment my children will grow up in.I know change is possible,because I am changing,still figuring out what I think.I am still deciding how to live my life.The challenges are great,but if we accept individual responsibility and make choices,we will rise to the challenges,and we will become part of the positive tide of the change.I hope this goal will be met through our common efforts.Thank you all.64.The purpose of what the speaker said at the age of 12 was to________.A.end poverty and make schools beautifulB.find environmental answers and show offC.focus people’s attention on some social problemsD.find a wonderful place and clean it up65.What does the underlined word “ovation” in the second paragraph refer to?A.A long period of laughing.B.A cold and unfriendly welcome.C.An expression used for greeting.D.Great applause or cheering.66.The information in the text is presented mainly through________.A.question and answer &B.a personal lectureC.cause and effect &D.listing steps in a process67.Which of the following best describes the speaker?A.He is an experienced educator.B.He is an impolite man.C.He is a man of great worries.D.He is a man of social responsibility.DA new guidebook says being_happy_is_just_like_being_fit―you need to practice the skills needed to get this emotion,even during the darkest times.Road&testing Happiness:How to be Happier by Australian journalist and author Sophie Scott is a self&help book with a difference.“Being happy is something you need to focus on;it doesn’t come as a matter of course,”& Scott said.“You always need to make an effort to be happy,even if you reach the point of saying you are contented,you still need to keep focusing and working on the things that made you happy.” Scott also said the book was born out of her interest in the human mind as well as how difficult she found it to cope after her mother died of cancer two years ago.“I was always interested in psychology,but a lot of happiness books don’t address the fact that you can be happy even if your life isn’t going according to plan.The key is managing expectations.” She says,“In the book,I focused on what were the things most likely to make people happy,the ones with the most scientific evidence.”& People should think that being happy is yet another task you have to do and then feel guilty when you don’t do it.Scott says the road to a positive outlook begins with very easy,small steps.“Women in particular today______________:they’ve got to be thin,got to have a career,got to have a perfect relationship so the last thing you need is to be thinking you’ve got to be happy all the time,”& she said.“But it is important to improve your quality of life.Stop rushing around and filling each moment of the day with things to do,and then sit down and think about your life and how you’re feeling.The things I got out of this were not things that take a lot of effort:feeling more grateful for the things you’ve got;adjusting your reaction to situations and people.It’s about changing small habits,more tinkering around the edges instead of totally checking and changing your life.”68.By saying “being happy is just like being fit”,the author probably means________.A.people should practice how to remain happyB.people should spend more time working outC.keeping happy is the key to continuing our lifeD.it’s difficult for people to keep happy all the time69.What should we do if we want to remain happy in Scott’s opinion?A.Do some scientific research into the skills of being happy.B.Work hard to achieve your expectations.C.Read more books about psychological activities.D.Think that being happy is a very important task to do.70.Which of the following would be proper to be filled in the blank?A.get high expectationB.feel overloadedC.can’t look after themselves wellD.have no friends to help them第二节(共5小题;每小题2分,满分10分)(;黑龙江省哈师大附中高三上学期期末)Before going outside in the morning,many of us check a window thermometer (温度计) for the temperature.This helps us decide what to wear.71.________We want our food to be a certain coldness in the refrigerator.We want it a certain hotness in the oven.If we don’t feel well,we use a thermometer to see if we have a fever.We keep our rooms a certain warmth in the winter and a certain coolness in the summer.Not all the thermometers use the same system to measure temperature.We use a system called the Fahrenheit scale.But most other countries use the Centigrade scale.Both systems use the freezing and boiling points of water as their guide.72.________The most common kind of thermometer is made with mercury (水银) inside a clear glass tube.As mercury (or any other liquid) becomes hot,it expands.As it gets colder,it contracts.That is why on hot days the mercury line is high in the glass tube.73.________First,take a clear glass juice bottle that has a cap;fill the bottle with colored water.Tap a hole in the center of the cap using a hammer and thick nail.Put the cap on the jar.Then stick a plastic straw (吸管) through the nail hole.74.________Finally,place a white card on the outside of the bottle and behind the straw.Now you can see the water level easily.75.________As the temperature goes down,the water will contract,and the level in the straw will come down.Perhaps you will want to keep a record of the water level in the straw each morning for a week.A.We use and depend on thermometers to measure the temperature of many other things in our daily lives.B.Thermometers measure temperature,by using materials that change in the same way when they are heated or cooled.C.Now that you know this rule you can make a thermometer of your own that will work.D.The water will rise in the straw.As the temperature of the air goes up,the water will expand and rise even higher.E.They label these in different ways.On the Fahrenheit scale water freezes at 32 degrees and boils at 212 degrees.On the Celsius scale water freezes at 0 degrees and boils at 100 degrees.F.Take wax (you may use an old candle if you have one) and melt some of it right where the straw is stuck into the cap to seal (把……粘住) them together.G.People use thermometers which are made by themselves when traveling around the world.第Ⅱ卷(非,共35分)第四部分:写作(共两节,满分35分)第一节 短文改错(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)(;黑龙江省哈师大附中高三上学期期末)I firmly believe that everyone in the world loves their mother.So am I.My mother is a ordinary teacher.She always works hard,just as other mothers do every day.In fact,she& isn’t good health.She had been suffering from arthritis (关节炎) for many years.Despite of this,she never stops working or giving up hope,I still remember the day when my mother accepted a card of congratulations for Teachers’ Day from her director.The card was read “Thank you for your hard works;Happy Teachers’ Day to you!” At that& moment,I was so moving that tears came to my eyes.I am proud of my mother.第二节 书面表达(满分25分)(;武汉市武昌区高三年级元月调研)假如你是陈宇,刚刚收到两年前参观过你市的英国笔友Mike的来信,询问近来公共交通状况,请你简要介绍市政府采取的四条措施,并且从中选取一条或两条,结合自己的经历,写一篇短文,告诉Mike 你的感受和想法。1.降低公汽票价2.推行免费自行车租赁 3.修建4条地铁4.增加出租车数量注意:1.词数:120左右,所给的开头语不计在内。2.参考词汇:bike rental自行车租赁。Dear Mike,You asked me about the present situation of the public transportation in Wuhan in the last letter.________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________答案:卷(六)第一部分1.A 2.B 3.C 4.C 5.A 6.B 7.C 8.B9.C 10.A 11.A 12.C 13.B 14.C 15.B16.A 17.B 18.A 19.C 20.A材料第一节听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。(Text 1)M:I’d like a haircut,please.W:What style?M:I just want it shorter.(Text 2)M:Excuse me,ma’am.W:Yes?M:Does this bus go to Zhongshan Road?W:Yes,I think so.M:Thank you.W:You’re welcome.(Text 3)M:Don’t worry about me―I’ll just sit here on this chair.W:Ah,you’d better not.M:Why not?W:Because the paint is still wet.(Text 4)W:I was told 24 boys chose Lihua as monitor of our class.M:The other 3 boys didn’t vote because they were out of school today,ill at home.(Text 5)W:Peter,why haven’t you cleaned the classroom?You are on duty today,aren’t you?M:Hi,Jane.Actually,it’s Jack,not me.He’s on duty today.W:Oh!I’m sorry.第二节听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。听第6段对话,回答第6至7题。(Text 6)M:What’s the latest news about Mike?W:I talked to him last night on the phone and he said he was feeling a little better.M:How long has he been in the hospital now?W:Nearly ten days.M:He was really sick.The doctors thought he was going to die.W:I guess it’s pretty serious.M:He is,but he also got excellent care.W:Modern medicine is amazing.M:I’m so glad the doctors helped him pull through.W:Does he have any idea when he’ll be able to go back to work?M:He’s not certain.Maybe another three weeks.W:It sure will be good to see old Mike on the job again.I really miss him.听第7段对话,回答第8至10题。(Text 7)W:Good evening,Mr Smith.What’s the trouble?You certainly don’t look as if there is anything wrong with you.M:I haven’t been feeling very well for some time.I have rather a bad cough that I can’t get rid of and a pain in my chest.W:I see.You’d better have a thorough examination.Now just unfasten your coat and shirt.I will listen to your heart and chest.Say “ninety&nine”.M:Ninety&nine.W:Again.M:Ninety&nine,ninety&nine.W:Do you smoke a lot?M:Well,rather a lot,I’m afraid―twenty or thirty cigarettes a day.W:Hmm!You ought to cut down.M:Ah!(Coughs)W:All right.Have you been losing weight?M:No,I haven’t lost or gained,at least never more than a pound or so one way or another.听第8段对话,回答第11至13题。(Text 8)W:I need to make some money so that I can take a trip to the north in February.Do you have any ideas for how I can make some money?M:How about delivering papers?W:I already thought of that,but I don’t have a bike.M:How about walking dogs?W:What?Walking dogs?M:Yeah,you know,there are lots of people around here with little dogs.The dogs have to be walked every day.That’s good for their health.W:I don’t know.How much can I make?M:More than carrying papers.W:Well,I do like animals.How do you find dogs to walk?M:Put an advertisement in the Sunday newspaper.W:And how much is an ad?M:An ad is under ten dollars,I’m sure.You can try for two dollars for half an hour―that would be ten dollars for five times a week.If you can walk three or four dogs every day after school,you can get rich.听第9段对话,回答第14至16题。(Text 9)W:Robert,you play the guitar,don’t you?M:I used to.But I haven’t played it for quite some time.I don’t really have time these days with all my studies.Why do you ask?W:I’m trying to organize a group to play at some parties on weekends.We still need a guitar player.M:Well,I don’t know.But the idea sounds like fun.W:Oh,it will be.I’m more or less in charge of things,so if you want to give it a try,you’re welcome.It’s as easy as that.Besides,it’s a great chance to get out to meet people.M:But I told you I haven’t practiced for a long time.I don’t know if I remember any songs I used to play.W:Don’t worry about it.I just thought I’d ask you to try and join us sometime when we were practicing.We’ll be practicing for a few months before we perform anywhere.M:OK,I’ll try.W:I’m sure you can do it.And it will be fun,too.听第10段独白,回答第17至20题。(Text 10)I have been weak in hearing all my life.By the time I was five years old,putting on hearing aids in the morning was just as normal as brushing my teeth.However,I never believed that it should limit my success in any way.I have been looked down upon during my 17 years.My head teacher told my parents I belonged in a school for the deaf.My classmates told me something was wrong with my brain.People speak louder than usual when they see my hearing aids in my ears.However,my hearing disability has made me a stronger person.I have had to work harder and achieve better grades in school than other students in order to earn the respect of my teachers.In sports,I have had to run faster,hit harder,catch better and score more points to prove I’m not physically limited.I consider myself no different from anyone else.In my struggle to prove I’m equal to my non&disabled classmates,I have made myself better than the average teenagers.I truly believe I would not be the strong person I am today if I did not have a hearing disability.第二部分21.A 考查冠词。the singer and dancer特指“那位歌唱家兼舞蹈家”;play an important part in在……中起重要作用。22.A 考查交际用语。句意为:“瞧,都什么时候了!十分钟前我们就该到戏院了。”“啊呀,天哪!我们赶紧吧!”。Look at the time!瞧,都什么时候了!Give me a moment.给我一会儿时间。I’m stuck.我被卡住了。See what I mean?明白我的意思吗?23.D 考查动词辨析。句意为:如果你有任何困难,请与我们的客服部联系。don’t hesitate to do sth.意为“不要犹豫做某事”,符合题意。avoid doing sth.避免做某事;desire to do sth.想要做某事;seek to do sth.设法做某事,均不符合题意。24.C 考查非谓语动词。此处是动词&ing形式短语作结果状语,表示主句的动作造成的一种自然而然的结果。25.D 考查副词辨析。句意为:天可能要下雨,但无论如何我要出门,我要去机场送小林。anyhow无论如何;不管怎样,符合题意。otherwise否则;furthermore此外,而且;therefore因此,均不符合题意。26.C 考查非谓语动词。句意为:没有人用钢琴伴奏,我只好独唱。使我宽慰的是,我的表演得到观众们的充分赏识。主语I与lack之间是逻辑上的主动关系,因此用动词&ing形式。lack作名词时可与of连用,lacking作形容词时可与in连用。27.B 考查情态动词。needn’t have done sth.意为“过去没必要做某事,但已做了”。28.B 考查非谓语动词。imagine (one’s) doing sth.意为“想象(某人)做某事”。29.D 考查短语辨析。句意为:他反复检查他的以确保没有遗漏要点。leave out意为“删掉;遗漏”,符合题意。find out了解(到),找到(信息);run out用完;make out辨认出,均不符合题意。30.D combine education with pleasure寓教于乐。combine...with...把……与……结合。31.B 考查短语辨析。句意为:“谢谢你的帮助。我该如何回报你呢?”“如果你是我你也会这么做的。”in return反过来,作为回报,符合题意。in order有秩序的;in vain徒劳地;in advance提前,均不符合题意。32.B 考查名词词义辨析。句意为:经过多年的奋斗,他实现了拥有自己的公司的抱负。ambition抱负,雄心,符合题意。contribution贡献;motivation动机;reputation名声,均不符合题意。33.B 考查宾语从句。句意为:驱车五个小时之后,他们来到了他们认为是他们一直梦寐以求的地方。句中what引导宾语从句,且作从句的主语,其中they thought是插入语。34.A 考查同位语从句。此同位语从句表示一种不确定的状态,故用whether引导同位语从句,表示the question的具体内容。35.D 考查形容词词义辨析。句意为:“有空房间吗?”“对不起,全预定满了。”vacant意为“空着的,未被占用的”,指暂时没有人居住或占据而空着的。hollow空的,空心的;指所描绘之物的中心是空的;bare光秃秃的;blank空白的。36.D 从下句I know some kids just like me可知:像我这样没有父亲的(现象),在我们街区是很普遍的。common普通的;normal正常的;real真正的;unusual不寻常的。37.B 从下句There are fights and killings all the time可知:你必须要小心点。watch yourself小心,保重。38.A 我有朋友最后进了监狱或怀孕了。我本来也会是那样的结局,但克拉克先生和我母亲没让这样的事情发生。前后句子之间是转折关系,故用but。&&& 39.C 从前面的I did so well that in sixth grade可推知:因我功课学得好,所以我上了才能班。gifted有才能的。40.B 联系上下文可知:多亏有了克拉克先生,所以说我是幸运的。sudden突然的;lucky幸运的;annoyed烦恼的;anxious焦急的。41.A 从at a restaurant可知:他请我们吃饭。treat sb.to dinner请某人吃饭。42.D 从so we listened to him attentively可知:我们不想让他失望。let sb.down使……失望。43.C 当克拉克先生被评为”年度教师”时,没有人感到惊讶。44.B 联系下文...it came time to draw names可知答案。45.D 他要去洛杉矶领奖。reward报酬;bonus红利,津贴;diploma毕业文凭;award奖金,奖品。46.B 但是当到了抽名字的时候,他说:“你们都去吧。”when当……时。47.A 他得到了赞助,我们37名学生乘飞机到了加州的Disneyland。donation赞助;suggestion建议;request要求;message信息。48.D 从上句可知:看到我们这么多学生,人们都很惊奇。excited激动的;satisfied满意的;ashamed羞愧的;amazed吃惊的,惊奇的。49.C 联系上句可知,我能想像出大多数老师不会这样做。而我们的老师能这样做。suggest建议;advocate提倡;imagine想像;complain抱怨。50.A 联系文章内容可知,我们对老师恋恋不舍,不希望他的课程结束。end结束。51.B 新学年开始,当克拉克老师又出现在我们教室时,我们都非常高兴。pick up捡起;show up出现;ring up打电话;pack up打包,收拾。52.D 他一直跟随着我们。colleague同事;sponsor赞助者;success成功的人;constant不变的事物,常量,这里指老师一直跟我们在一起。53.A 从orphanages可知,老师是带我们去南非分发生活用品的。deliver分发,递送;collect收集;display展出;recommend推荐。54.B 这是我生命中最有意思的经历。adventure冒险;experience经历;vacation假期;interview采访。55.C 现在我的梦想就是开办妇女俱乐部,帮助各个阶层的人们。turn轮次;conclusion结论;dream梦想;demand要求。第三部分56.D 根据第二段第二句“The change,the need to do the important things,the jobs,the pressures and the failures,all kill part of our dreams.”可知D项未谈到。57.C 根据第三段最后一句可知。58.A 根据下文“a small one”可知,giant 是small 的反义词,故选A。59.A 本文主要教育我们要追逐自己的梦想,永不放弃,故选A。60.A 细节理解题。根据第三段后半部分内容可知这项健康研究的负责人是Mark Pereira。61.D 推理。第三段中Pereira提到糖分也许应该受到责备,但那些喝甜软饮料的人通常有其他不健康的习惯,故可推断D项正确。62.B 推理。倒数第三段中提到耶鲁大学癌症中心的Susan Mayne对此非常谨慎,倒数第二段接着讲述了她对此的看法,由此可推断此人对这项研究发现持“怀疑”态度。63.D 主旨大意题。本文是研究报道,第一段是文章的中心段,根据本段的内容可知此项最能概括文章大意,作为标题最合适。【语篇解读】 本文是一篇演讲稿,演讲者通过亲身的经历呼吁人们面对复杂多变的世界,要团结一致,积极地应对挑战。64.C 考查细节理解。根据文章第一段作者演讲的内容和第二段第一句人们的反应可知他讲的话涉及到了人们非常关注的社会问题,因此引起了轰动,故选C。65.D 考查词义猜测。根据文章第二段的前两句可知他的演讲赢得了人们的喝彩(Great applause or cheering)。66.B 考查写作手法。根据文章的内容,尤其是本文最后一句可知,这是一篇演讲稿,因此选项B正确。67.D 考查推理判断。根据文章第一段关于社会问题的演讲和最后一段中的内容可知作者是一个非常有社会责任感的人。【语篇解读】 快乐是一种心态,快乐需要技巧。快乐来自于日常生活中的点滴积累。知足常乐。68.A 句意理解题。从下一句话you need to practice the skills needed to get this emotion可推知,快乐像健康一样,需要锻炼,需要及时调整。69.D 推理判断题。从第三段People should think that being happy is yet another task you have to do and then feel guilty when you don’t do it可知D项正确。70.B 推断理解题。由第四段前三句话可推断此处应填的词语既不是“获得很高的期望”“不能照顾好自己”,也不是“没有人帮助他们”,而应该是“负担重”。71.A 72.E 73.C 74.F 75.D第四部分I firmly believe that everyone in the world loves their mother.So amdo I.My mother is aan ordinary teacher.She always works hard,just as other mothers do every day.In fact,she& isn’t ∧in good health.She hadhas been suffering from arthritis (关节炎) for many years.Despite of― this,she never stops working or givinggives up hope,I still remember the day when my mother acceptedreceived a card of congratulations for Teachers’ Day from her director.The card was― read “Thank you for your hard workswork;Happy Teachers’ Day to you!” At that& moment,I was so movingmoved that tears came to my eyes.I am proud of my mother.书面表达Dear Mike,You asked me about the present situation of the public transportation in Wuhan in the last letter.Here I’m very glad to share something with you.Our city government has been trying their best to improve the public transportation since two years ago.The measures include reducing bus ticket prices,developing a bike rental system,constructing four subways plus adding more taxies.I am lucky to be one of the citizens who have benefited from the bike rental system.It is totally free and has covered most urban areas in Wuhan,where I can easily rent a bike and go anywhere I like without being caught in traffic jams.More and more people are using bikes instead of cars,because riding bikes not only saves energy but also helps us keep fit.What about the public transportation in your city?I am interested to know about it.Yours,Chen Yu&文 章来源莲山 课件 w ww.5 Y
上一个试题: 下一个试题:
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

我要回帖

更多关于 blame的用法 的文章

随机推荐