二、冲刺之时间运筹
1.合理安排时间,劳逸结合,不宜疲劳备战。
词汇:20-30分钟& (分成小段)&
阅读:20分钟&& (做题2篇;或分析4篇)&
听力:20分钟听写练习
三选一:15分钟&
2. 考前热身
考前一周拿出三个上午,按考试的时间做三套题。
适应体力脑力消耗状况,调整做题的节奏,合理分配各部分题型时间。(各部分拆借的时间)
比如词汇(5分钟)à 阅读
三、冲刺阶段之材料选用
做透历届真题,分析真题出题思路,强化破解思路。做适量模拟题。
四、冲刺阶段的现实目标
培养意识,提高敏锐性,充实基本知识的同时,更重要的是开发、提高现有知识利用率!
第二部分、词汇冲刺之亡羊补牢篇
考前一周天狂记六级专有词汇大纲(见文都主页)。记住,词汇是六级制胜的关键!
1. 下载词汇表,编辑、打印成便携式卡片。
2. 在每张卡片上注明背诵及每次复习的时间。
3. 每次复习时遮住汉语注释部分,能说出汉语意义即为通过,否则做个记号,重点复习。
3. 随时随地,走火入魔式复习。要善于利用零碎时间(3-5分钟)为复习一张卡片时间。
最后一周,查缺补漏,将高频词先解决 (往年试题)。
第三部分、语法重点突破
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& DD用初高中语法解决六级问题
语法练习重点:
1.利用简单语法知识解决长句快速理解问题。减少干扰,快刀斩乱麻。
2.进一步的应用是英译汉。
长句常见的方式,干扰视线的方法是:
1.在主语后面加上同位语、插入语、或非限制性定语从句,(甚至是一个句子的主干主语)
破解方法,发现主语后面有一个逗号,立刻寻找另一个逗号,中间的内容不要看!
But high-tech groups, including the Silicon Valley Manufacturing Group and the American Electronics Association, oppose the measures, arguing that fees of up to $30 will drive consumers to online, out-of-state retailers.
2.从句连环套
注意快刀斩乱麻,下刀的地方是从句的分界线
The main problem is its prevalence, and the social costs that ensue from the use by everyone of something that would be fairly harmless if, say, only the rich were to use it. It is a price we pay for equality.
从句连环套,顺而解之。
¨&&&&&& The children who are raised in an environment where there are many stimuli(刺激因素) which develop their ability for appropriate responses will experience greater intellectual development
¨&&&&&& 建立汉语连环套A,AB,BC
¨&&&&&& 孩子A
¨&&&&&& 孩子A生活在环境里B,
¨&&&&&& B环境里有各种刺激因素C,
¨&&&&&& C因素开发他们的能力,(做出适当反应的能力)
¨&&&&&& 翻译主干,孩子将经历更大的智力开发/发展。
¨&&&&&& 判断连环套部分与主句的关系,合并可以合并的连环套。
¨&&&&&& 调整汉语顺序,润色词语。(要相信自己的母语水平!)
¨&&&&&& 最后译文:如果儿童的成长环境里有许多刺激因素, 而这些因素又有利于发展其适当反应能力, 那么, 儿童的智力就会有更大发展。
4. 利用固定搭配预测、把握宏观抓主干 (as… …)
¨&&&&&& For a family of four, for example, it is more convenient as well as cheaper to sit comfortably at home, with almost unlimited entertainment available, than to go out in search of amusement elsewhere.
¨&&&&&& 提示:这是一篇关于看电视的文章。
¨&&&&&& 该句主干易确定,it is more X to do Y than to do Z.
注:如果宏观猜不到,使用去枝去叶法。
¨&&&&&& 第二步确立汉语主干:做Y比做Z更X.
¨&&&&&& 第三步是找A和B代表什么,然后C代表什么。
¨&&&&&& A:舒舒服服坐在家里(看电视)。
¨&&&&&& B:到别的地方______.
¨&&&&&& C:(更)方便,更便宜,可供选择的娱乐(节目)更多。(就是more的内容)
¨&&&&&& 分别代入到汉语的主干。
¨&&&&&& 加上英文其它成分。
¨&&&&&& 最后译文:
¨&&&&&& 譬如, 对于一个四口之家来说, 舒舒服服地在家中看电视, 比到别的地方去消遣更便宜,更方便,还能看到几乎数不清的娱乐节目。
The fact that the average Englishman's home has become his workshop is partly because he is enthusiastic about working with his hands and partly because he feels, [for one reason or another] that he must do for himself many household jobs for which, [some years ago], he would have hired professional help.
主句:【定语从句】事实一方面因为A一方面因为B。
关键找出B的内容代入。
he feels, [for one reason or another] that he must do for himself many household jobs for which, [some years ago], he would have hired professional help.
顺而解之:
[出于某种原因]他觉得他必须为自己做很多家务活,而这些家务活[几年前]他会雇人来做。
最后译文:
普通英国人的家已经成了自家的工场,一方面是因为他热衷于自己动手干,另一方面是因为出于某种原因,他觉得许多家务活必须自己干,而这些活在几年前他会雇专人来干的。
牛刀小试:快刀切割意群,抓住大意。划出主干。
The study of primitive peoples has discovered such a diversity of customs, values, feelings, and thoughts that many anthropologists arrived at the concept that man is born as a blank sheet of paper on which each culture writes its text.
第四部分、听力冲刺之听音练耳篇&&&&&
&&&&&&&&&&
听力冲刺注意事项:
听力的本质与听力技巧:听懂关键词是所有技巧的前提,否则是无本之木,无源之水。不承认这个最简单的事实,只能陷入空谈“技巧”。
听力理解部分的测试内容包括理解和速度两个方面。而听力理解能力的提高首先要以语言知识为基础,具体来讲:语音知识,词汇量,必要的语法知识。
出题人通过提高语速、增加连读、失去爆破、弱化等现象,加大了题目的难度。
针对这一点,我们在剩下几天冲刺阶段必须加强对听力速度的训练,尽可能多的去积极听取信息,方法就是听写,强迫自己集中注意力!在短期内极大提高捕捉语音信息的效率!&&
(一)考查要点及拿分要点一览
一.对话部分
1.重要语境、人物关系归纳: (详见六级辅导讲义) 词义场和词义网 (最好与前面讲的联想式词汇记忆结合)两者联系密切
(1) bank:& (2) post office:& (3) railway station:& (4) airport, plane:& (5) restaurant:&
(6) hotel:& (7) library:&&&& (8) hospital (clinic):& (9) department store/supermarket
2.其它对话常见必杀技
仔细分析,不难发现,除地点人物关系外,考题多数是由第一个人先说出某件事,第二个人说出对此事的态度,进一步解释或提出建议。
如:2000年6月六级全真试题第10题
M:I thought the librarian said we could check out as many books as we need with out our library cards.
W:That's right,but not those refrence books.
很重要的一条,多留意与原文信息类似但不完全相同的信息,尤其是谓语动词,名词宾语,形容词表语。因为在正确选项的设置上,出题人也考虑到这种相关性。体现在正确选项往往是原题中信息的再现或转换,加强对这样的转换的敏感性会对同学有利。
1. 有让步句,答案在主句: 留意though, although, while等开头的句子,(第二个)
(1)&&& W: Have you heard about the plane crash yesterday? It caused a hundred and twenty deaths. I am never at ease when taking a flight. (2001. 1)
M: Though we often hear about air crashes and serious casualties, flying is one of the safest ways to travel.
Q: What do we learn from this conversation?
A) The man thinks traveling by air is quite safe.
B) The woman never travels by plane.
C) Both speakers feel nervous when flying.&&&&&&&&
&&&&& D) The speakers feel sad about the serious loss of life.
(2) M: Though we didn't win the game, we were satisfied with our performance.
W: You did a great job. You almost beat the world's champions. It's a real surprise to many people.
Q: What do we learn from this conversation?
A) They both enjoyed watching the game.
B) The man thought the results were beyond their expectations.
C) They both felt good about the results of the game.
D) People were surprised at their winning the game.
2. 有转折连词,答案在转折后的句子。
留意but, however, nevertheless, nonetheless等词。但需注意的是该情况适用于第二个人第一句话以转折连词开头时。
(1). W: I don't understand why this book for self-study doesn't have answers to the questions.
M: But it does. You can find them alt the back of the book.
Q: What does the man say about the self-study book?
A) He thinks the book should include more information.
B) He doesn't think it necessary to provide the answers.
C) The answers will be added in a later edition.
D) The book does include the answers.
(2). M: By the way, Jane, did you talk to the consultant about our health program?
W: I contacted his office, but his secretary said he would be out for lunch until two.
Q: What does the woman mean?&
A) She talked with the consultant about the new program until two.
B) She couldn't talk to the consultant before two.
C) She would talk to the consultant during lunch.
D) She couldn't contact the consultant's secretary.
3. 有强调词,短语是答案处:
强调方式有:多次重复某个词或概念;用定语从句或对比、类比来说明某个单词或概念;或用形容词最高级等加以修饰的词。有时会有一些暗示如:“I almost forgot”、“remember”、“What he wants to do is to”等。
M: My headaches are terrible. Maybe I need more sleep.
W: Actually, you need less sun and some aspirin. It would help if you wear a hat.
Q: What does the woman think is the cause of the man's headache? (2001. 1)
A) Long exposure to the sun.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C) Too tight a hat.&&&
B) Lack of sleep.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D) Long working hours.
4. 最高级词处有答案:
M: Mrs. Winter, I need your advice, I want to buy a dress for my wife, can you tell me where I can get one at a reasonable price?
W: Sure, go to Richard's. It has the latest styles and gives a 30% discount to husbands who shop alone
Q: What do we know about Richard's shop? (2001. 1)
A) gives a 30% discount to all customers.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
B) It is run by Mrs. Winter's husband.
C) It hires Mrs. Winter as an adviser.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
D) It encourages husbands to shop on their own.
5. 虚拟语气:
(1). M: To collect data for my report, I need to talk to someone who knows that small city very well. I was told that you’d lived here for quite a long time.
W: Oh, I wish I could help. But I was only a child then.
Q: What does the woman imply? (2001. 6)
A) She doesn’t remember much about the city.&
B) She's never been to the city.
C) She would find someone else to help.&&&&&&
D) She would talk to the man later.
(2). M: I'm really exhausted. But I don't want to miss the film that comes on at 11.
W: If I were you, I'd skip it. We both have to get up early tomorrow. And anyway, I've heard it isn't that exciting.
Q: What does the woman mean?
A) The man should stay up and watch the program.
B) The man should read something exciting instead.
C) The man should go to bed at eleven.&&
D) The man should give up watching the movie.
6. 特定表建议的句型:Why not… ;What about…;Can’t you….
(1) W: The people next door are making so much noise, I just can't concentrate, Tom.&
M: Why don't you stay at the library? It’s much quieter there.&
Q: What does Tom mean? (2001. 6)
A)The woman should have complained to her neighbor.&
B)The woman should stay out until the neighbors are quiet.&
C)The woman should have stayed at the library.&
D)The lab will be a better place for reading.&
(2) M: This is hopeless. These figures still don't add up right. Let's do the calculations over again.&
W: Yes, but why not do them tomorrow? It’s very late now.&
Q: What does the woman suggest they do?
&&&&&& A) Check the figures later today.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C) Bring a calculator tomorrow.&&
B) Do the calculations again tomorrow.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D) Calculate the number right now
说一千道一万,听懂原文是关键!
因此必须在最后几天内加强精听,培养语感,提高语音识别灵敏度和精确度!
每天投资20-30分用于听写,只要坚持做下去,一周后听写的速度和准确度定会大幅提高!
1. 时间:下午三点钟。
2. 内容:往年真题的对话和短文。短文也可以选新概念3。以短文为主。
3. 数量:2组对话+2段短文
只记关键词(主语和其余的动词、名词、形容词和副词) 只记前2-3个字母,养成速记习惯(克服书写惯性),快速跟随朗读跳跃前进。 边听边写,每一句结束时按暂停,回忆写出所有听到的重要信息。然后听写下一句。一段文章听2遍,第二遍中间不暂停。如果还有写不出的,一定要看原文找原因,好好总结是生词问题还是语音规律问题,练几篇就有收获! 该习惯很快就可养成!实际单句听写时,往往首字母就可以起到提示作用!Around the year 1000 A.D., some people from Northwest India began to travel westwards. Nobody knows why. After leaving their homes they did not settle down again but spent their lives moving from one place to another. Their later generations are called the Romany people or Gypsies. There are Gypsies all over the world. And many of them are still traveling with no fixed homes. There are about 8 million of them, including 3 million in Eastern Europe.
Since the Ice Age ended ten thousand years ago and warmer temperatures returned to the northern latitudes, many species have migrated north.
2.看DVD培养语感,(必须有英文字幕,必须是语言类)
其它泛听: Anytime but bedtime!
(三)考试中注意事项:
1. 要放松精神。(需要在平时训练好感觉)
2. 浏览题目选项,基本预测出所提问题的大致方向,从而可使自己处于主动地位,有利于处理好听与看的关系。
注意:发下试卷后强烈建议先看短文做预测。Why?
3. 必要时,必须放弃局部,以保证全局胜利!
第五部分、阅读理解冲刺
一、阅读冲刺材料选用
以往年真题为主,做过的题目,按照后面的真伪选项的特征检查自己做错的原因。总结自己经常出现错误的地方(如常识干扰问题、偷梁换柱问题最容易犯错)
二、阅读冲刺要点一览
1.六阅读选材:
冲刺阶段要特别关注科普类文章,其比重近几年有所提高,但都为常见学科,如交通、生物、医疗等。
2.再谈文体特点:
从历次考试来看,六级阅读文章绝大多数为说明文和议论文。
说明文通常为对某事物的特点、功能作用、发展等分别进行说明,根本目的在于让读者了解这些信息,重视信息的客观陈述。说明文考查细节题最多,难度相对较低。
议论文通常对某个问题进行剖析,或支持,或批驳,其根本目的在于说服读者接受自己的观点。文章的总体结构通常为:提出问题,分析问题,提出解决方案/建议。议论文会考查到推理、结论题和主旨态度类题,难度相对较大。
两类文章在各段落的行文模式很相似。比较典型的段落是“主题句+支持细节”,也就是说都以“总DD分”的模式来拓展段落的。掌握这个规律有助于迅速把握作者的整体思路。
3. 几个认识上的问题
&& 1. 最难的题目每次不会超过4个。其余的按现有语言知识/理解能力完全应付的来。
&& 2. 六级阅读细节题仍然最多,难度最小,必须保证准确率。
&& 3. 速度的提高:平时的训练的时候按照推荐的解题方法就可以实现。如通读重点句,减少视觉干扰,利用数字专有名词定位,直接排除干扰选项等等。
&4. 解题步骤和各题型解题思路
确定文章的顺序后,每一篇文章的解题步骤可以概括为:通读文章,看问题,按照题目类型看题、做题,不能简单按序号从头做到尾。
完整的步骤概括如下:
第一步:通读文章。先看一下带有汉语注释的单词。因为问题中有时会出现此类单词。
第二步:浏览问题,决定做题顺序。
第三步:读、做细节类题,顺序为:细节题、单词、单句题、多项细节题。
第四步:读、做推理类题:推论、结论题。
第五步:读、做主旨类题:主旨题、态度语气题。
这样的步骤是根据信息的复杂程度和问题的难度安排的。第三步里的细节类题型牵扯到的信息比较单一,属于局部问题,往往原文一句话就解决,难度最低。第四步推理类题经常需要结合前面提到的其它细节进行逻辑判断。第五步主旨类题目既需要通读所得到的大致路线,又需要做细节题时获得的信息来充实、具体化该路线。
三、真伪选项特征大盘点
该部分旨在使大家对各种选项的认识更清晰,全面提高抗干扰能力,提高辨别假冒伪劣的能力,提高选择的成活率。该部分要重点掌握基本思路。
关于正确选项,这里要强调的点是:
(1)所有题型的正确选项的根本特征是要符合原文的主旨。
(一)、正确选项特征
1.细节类题目
正确选项一般为直接答案,此类答案可以在文章中直接找到相关的事实细节支持。常用方法就是同义替换或释义(如词汇题),即把文中语言(词汇和结构)改头换面,来表达相同的意思。常见表现形式有下列几种:
(1)正确选项在文字表述上和原文相关句相似度很高。
(2)正确选项和原文相关句的句式基本一致,关键信息换用原文的同义词语。此类方法使用较多。
(3)正确选项使用原文的反义词语,通过不同的结构表达相同的意思。
(4)正确选项使用与原文相反的句式结构,但表达的语义相同。
特别提示:
细节题中,如果选项是从原文一字不差抄来的,不管看上去多么有道理,都要排除。而正确答案都会在原文基础上进行改造。只要是正确选项,其各个部分在原文都有直接、间接的事实细节支持。
2.推理类题目
&&& 正确选项特征比较统一,除符合文章主旨外,还是从原文细节出发推导出来的,符合逻辑,恰到好处,符合客观事实。
& 3.主旨类题目
(1)主旨题正确选项概括归纳的范围大小恰到好处。
(2)语气态度题正确选项表达的尺度恰当。
(二)、炼就一双火眼金睛,提高抗干扰能力
干扰选项特征
&&&&&&& 顾名思义,干扰项的目的就是扰乱考生思维,将思路引入歧途。细节题中的干扰项较容易排除,只要发现选项有一处缺乏原文事实的支持就可以排除。推理类题目和主旨类题目的干扰项迷惑性更强一些。
一些选项可以根据主题直接排除,如说法绝对的,违反客观事实/常识的。
1.细节类题目
(1)无中生有:凭空捏造原文不存在的细节,以迷惑和干扰考生,制造的假象让考生怀疑自己是否漏读了原文的相关信息。破解方法仍然是准确定位。
(2)常识错位:干扰项是一些基本常识和我们对社会、生活等方面一些问题的一般看法和认识,虽然符合客观现实,但并非文章所提及的。
此类干扰项很容易导致粗心错误,因为选项的说法符合我们的一般认识,使得干扰项先入为主,误导了判断,忽略了要从原文验证。
!!!谨防喧宾夺主,越俎代庖!!!
症状将一些常识带入思考,放松、甚至忘记了一切答案要以原文为依据。
特别提示:留意不需看原文就能自圆其说的选项,这些选项通常为高度疑似错误答案,需要提高警惕。
(3) 偷梁换柱:
这是细节题干扰项最常见的方法,是大多数同学由于粗心失分的地方。干扰项利用了原文的一部分结构和词汇,但在一些位置换掉个别词,造成了语义的变化。
特别提示:要留意选项各个句子成分是否与原文表述的意义一致。地点,时间,方式,程度 (副词),性质 (如形容词),甚至是主语和谓语(都可能被偷换掉。
根本解决方法是细心求证选中的答案是否经得起原文的考验。
细节题不要跟着感觉走!
不能只凭一个单词的印象就选择答案!
必须去原文核实选项的每一个成分!
Example 1:
Richard Satava, program manager for advanced medical technologies, has been a driving force in bringing virtual reality to medicine, where computers create a "virtual" or simulated environment for surgeons and other medical practitioners (从业者).
  "With virtual reality we'll be able to put a surgeon in every trench," said Satava. He envisaged a time when soldiers who are wounded fighting overseas are put in mobile surgical units equipped with computers.
  The computers would transmit images of the soldiers to surgeons back in the U.S. The surgeons would look at the soldier through virtual reality helmets (头盔) that contain a small screen displaying the image of the wound. The doctors would guide robotic instruments in the battlefield mobile surgical unit that operate on the soldier.
  Although Satava's vision may be years away from standard operating procedure, scientists are progressing toward virtual reality surgery. ……
 37. Richard Satava has visions of_____.
  A) using a remote-control technique to treat wounded soldiers fighting overseas
  B) wounded soldiers being saved by doctors wearing virtual reality helmets on the battlefield& 细节陷阱: 方式、位置
  C) wounded soldiers being operated on by specially trained surgeons
  D) setting up mobile surgical units overseas
Example 2:
Such acceptance of community responsibility is not unique to businesses in Japan. School principals in Japan have resigned when heir students committed major crimes after school hours. Even if they do not quit, Japanese executives will often accept primary responsibility in other ways, such as taking the first pay cut when a company gets into financial trouble. Such personal sacrifices, even if they are largely symbolic, help to create the sense of community and employee loyalty that is crucial to the Japanese way of doing business.
22. According to the passage if you want to be a good manager in Japan, you have to ________.
A) apologize promptly for your subordinates' mistakes
B) be skillful in accepting blames from customers
C) make symbolic sacrifices whenever necessary
D) create a strong sense of company loyalty
(4)推理题和细节题里的推理类选项
(1)夸大后果:对于原文中的细节或论断的某方面程度(比如后果)进行了夸大处理。
3.主旨类题目:
主旨归纳题
(1)以偏概全:在概括文章或段落大意时,用某一个段落的观点或细节冒充全文主要观点、中心思想的选项。也就是归纳概括的范围不足。
&&&& (2)主题扩大:归纳概括的范围过大,超过了文章讨论的东西,与主旨大意是包含关系。
&& 态度语气题
干扰选项通常说法片面或偏激。六级阅读所选文章通常是理性的说明和论证,具有较强逻辑性,作者对于所讨论专题的态度不会是极其偏激的。如目前只作为干扰项出现过的有arbitrary(武断的),subjective(主观的),prejudiced(有偏见的), indifferent等。而经常成为正确选项的有concerned, objective.&&
四、基本技能再回顾及应用 (以上各种干扰项的特征牢记在心)
1。一定要控制自己不看原文直接选择答案的冲动!
2。写出每一个题目里面的错误类型,。
下面的各篇文章题目对我们以上讲过的干扰选项的所有情形包含在内了。要小心应付。
Passage I.
In the villages of the English countryside there are still people who remember the good old days when no one bothered to lock their doors. There simply wasn't any crime to worry about.
Amazingly, these happy times appear still to be with us in the world's biggest community. A new study by Dan Farmer, a gifted programmer, using an automated investigative program of his own called SATAN, shows that the owners of well over half of all World Wide Web sites have set up homes without fitting locks to their doors.
SATAN can try out a variety of well-known hacking (黑客的) tricks on an Internet site with-out actually breaking in. Farmer has made the program publicly available, amid much criticism. A person with evil intent could use it to hunt down sites that are easy to burgle (闯入……行窃).
But Farmer is very concerned about the need to alert the public to poor security and, so far, events have proved him right. SATAN has done more to alert people to the risks than cause new disorder.
So is the Net becoming more secure? Far from it. In the early days, when you visited a Web site your browser simply looked at the content. Now the Web is full of tiny programs that automatically download when you look at a Web page, and run on your own machine. These programs could, if their authors wished, do all kinds of nasty things to your computer.
At the same time, the Net is increasingly populated with spiders, worms, agents and other types of automated beasts designed to penetrate the sites and seek out and classify information. All these make wonderful tools for antisocial people who want to invade weak sites and cause damage.
But let's look on the bright side. Given the lack of locks, the Internet is surely the world's biggest (almost) crime-free society. Maybe that is because hackers are fundamentally honest. Or that there currently isn't much to steal. Or because vandalism ( 恶意破坏) isn't much fun unless you have a peculiar dislike for someone.
Whatever the reason, let's enjoy it while we can. But expect it all to change, and security to become the number one issue, when the most influential inhabitants of the Net are selling services they want to be paid for.
21. By saying “... owners of well over half of all World Wide Web sites have set up home without fitting locks to their doors" (Lines 3-4, Para. 2), the author means that _____.
A) those happy times appear still to be with us 干扰伎俩: 答非所问+偷换范围
B) there simply wasn't any crime to worry about 照抄原句 直接排除
C) many sites are not well-protected
D) hackers try out tricks on an Internet site without actually breaking in 偏离定位句子,偷梁换柱。
破解思路:答案推理需结合已通读部分(第一、二段首句)和文章主线(网络安全)。
对比喻的理解,找出本体和寓体,然后对照寓体的性质判断本体的性质。千万不能直接选择字面意思!
22. SATAN, a program designed by Dan Farmer can be used ____________.
A) to investigate the security of Internet sites
B) to improve the security of the Internet system
C) to prevent hackers from breaking into websites
D) to download useful programs and information
对原文内容进行两次定位,答案是对两处信息的概括 investigative和… try out…
23. Farmer's program has been criticized by the public because&&&&&& .
A) it causes damage to Net browsers
B) it can break into Internet sites
C) it can be used to cause disorder on all sites
D) it can be used by people with evil intent
publicly 勉强算作一个定位提示,criticism 是关键。问题设置常见方式:同义替换。
24. The author's attitude toward SATAN is _____.
A) enthusiastic&& B) critical& C) positive&&&&&& D) indifferent重要提示:表现作者态度的句子的特征
1. 直接陈述式(主语是事、物)。
2.使用评述性的副词在其他人的话里面。
3.他人的论述后面有连词引出另外一种说法,见第一条。
4.其他人的说法后面的括号里的内容。
态度题常见选项
arbitrary, concerned, critical, sarcastic, ironical, indifferent, sympathetic, enthusiastic, cautious, neutral, objective, subjective, optimistic, pessimistic, positive, negative, etc.
25. The author suggests in the last paragraph that&&&&&&& .
A) we should make full use of the Internet before security measures are strengthened
B) we should alert the most influential businessmen to the importance of security
C) influential businessmen should give priority to the improvement of Net security
D) net inhabitants should not let security measures affect their joy of surfing the Internet
把握两个词:问题里的suggest, 原文里的expect的理解,必须结合主题.
提示:建议题(advise, suggest, suggestion 等),答案要从文章最后一句往前推,同时必须结合最后一段首句主旨句。
Passage II.
Crying is hardly an activity encouraged by society. Tears, be they of sorrow, anger, on joy, typically make Americans feel uncomfortable and embarrassed. The shedder of tears is likely to apologize, even when a devastating (毁灭性的) tragedy was the provocation. The observer of tears is likely to do everything possible to put an end to the emotional outpouring. But judging form recent studies of crying behavior, links between illness and crying and the chemical composition of tears , both those responses to tears are often inappropriate and may even be counterproductive.
Humans are the only animals definitely known to shed emotional tears. Since evolution has given rise to few, if any, purposeless physiological response, it is logical to assume that crying has one or more functions that enhance survival.
Although some observers have suggested that crying is a way to elicit assistance form others (as a crying baby might from its mother), the shedding of tears is hardly necessary to get help. Vocal cries would have been quite enough, more likely than tears to gain attention, So, it appears, there must be something special about tears themselves.
……省去三段。
31. It is known from the first paragraph that ________.
A) shedding tears gives unpleasant feelings to American
B) crying may often imitate people or even result in tragedy
C) crying usually wins sympathy from other people
D) one who sheds tears in public will be blamed
32. What does“both those responses to tears”(Line 6, Para, 1) refer to?
理解response词义是关键
A) Crying out of sorrow and shedding tears for happiness.
B) The embarrassment and unpleasant sensation of the observers.
C) The tear shedder’s apology and the observer’s effort to stop the crying.
D) Linking illness with crying and finding the chemical composition of tears.
33.“Counterproductive”(Para,1) very probably means“________”.
A) having no effect at all
B) leading to tension
C) producing disastrous impact
D) harmful to health
注意!选项中程度极端的,通常是错误选项(31B, 33C)。
34. What does the author say about crying?
A) It is a pointless physiological response to the environment.
B) It must have a role to play in man’s survival.
C) It is meant to get attention and assistance.
D) It usually produces the desired effect.
多次快速定位。
Passage III.
As machines go, the car is not terribly noisy, nor terribly polluting, no and on all those dimensions it has become better as the century has grown older. The main problem is its prevalence, and the social costs that ensue from the use by everyone of something that would be fairly harmless if, say, only the rich were to use it. It is a price we pay for equality.
Before becoming too gloomy, it is worth recalling why the car has been arguably the most successful and popular product of the whole of the past 100 years―and remains so. The story begins with the environmental improvement it brought in the 1900s. In New York city in 1900, according to the Car Culture, a 1975 book by J. Flink, a historian, horses deposited 2.5 million pounds of manure(粪)and 60,000 gallons of urine (尿) every day. Every year, the city authorities had to remove an average of 15,000 dead horses from the streets. It made cars smell of roses.
……省去三段。
26. As is given in the first paragraph, the reason why the car has become a problem is that ________. (定位后深入挖掘,难点为长句分析) 抓主干; 顺藤摸瓜; 理清乱麻。
A) poor people can’t afford it
B) it is too expensive to maintain
C) too many people are using it
D) it causes too many road accidents
27. According to the passage, the car started to gain popularity because ________. 段落归纳
A) it didn’t break down as easily as a horse 无中生有,虽然符合逻辑常识
B) it had a comparatively pleasant odor&&& 比喻的字面意思通常是干扰项
C) it caused less pollution than horses
D) it brightened up the gloomy streets&&& 借用原文原词考验细心程度
Passage IV
Identity theft has been a hot subject in the news recently and is considered one of the top crimes in the United States. The Federal Trade Commission estimates that ten million Americans become victims of identity theft each year.
Identity thieves steal personal information, collecting Social Security numbers, banking records and telephone numbers, which they use to request loans or get credit cards in the name of the victims.Identity thieves spend a lot on goods or services without actually paying for them. F.T.C. officials estimate more than 52,000 million dollars in goods and services were purchased last year through identity theft.
Victims of identity theft can spend years attempting to reestablish their financial history and reputation. Some have been denied jobs or arrested for crimes in which they were not involved.
Identity thieves employ several methods to get what they need. They may trick people into giving personal information over the telephone or steal documents containing such information.
Activist groups have called for new laws to protect the public from such thefts. Recently, a committee of the United States Senate said it would hold hearings on this issue, working towards a feasible (可行的) solution.
Two cases of identity theft helped the committee to call the hearings. Last month, Bank of America said it lost some computer tapes containing personal information for more than one million federal employees, including some Senators and members of the Defense Department. Bank of America says it deeply regrets the incident.
Earlier, the Los Angeles Times newspaper reported that thieves stole about 150,000 personal records from ChoicePoint Incorporated. The company sells Social Security numbers and credit information to other businesses. In 2002, a similar security violation reportedly affected about seven thousand people.
American lawmakers will devise workable measures to increase supervision of companies that collect personal information. Several plans have been proposed to help individuals whose information was stolen. Another proposal would let Americans bring to an end to any investigation into their financial history without their permission.
1. What is the passage mainly about?
A. identity theft and society
B. the influence of identity theft on US people
C. the situation of identity theft in the US
D. personal security problems in the US
2. What can we learn from the passage?
A. Identity thieves usually steal personal information from banks.
B. Victims of identity theft may be arrested for losing their financial records
C. American lawmakers proposed to bring an end to any investigation into their financial history.
D. Some American companies sell customers’ personal information to other companies.
3. What does author mean by the word “devise” (line 1, the last paragraph)?
A. conceive of&&&& B. criticize&&& C. believe in&& D. result in
4. ChoicePoint is mentioned in the passage to______
A. show how serious the theft problems are in US.
B. persuade people not to tell their information to companies.
C. explain why a senate committee made up its mind to call the hearing.
D. criticize US government for its ignorance of this serious issue.
5. What’s the author’s attitude towards the issue of identity theft in this passage?
A. arbitrary&&& B. concerned&&& C. ironical&& D. indifferent
Passage V.
When school officials in Kalkaska, Michigan, closed classes last week, the media flocked to the story, portraying the town's 2,305 students as victims of stingy (吝啬的) taxpayers. There i the property-tax rate here is one-third lower than the state average. But shutting their schools also allowed Kalkaska's educators and the state's largest teachers' union, the Michigan Education Association, to make a political point. Their aim was to spur passage of legislation Michigan lawmakers are debating to increase the state's share of school funding.
It was no coincidence that Kalkaska shut its schools two weeks after residents rejected a 28 percent property-tax increase. The school board argued that without the increase it lacked the $1.5 million needed to keep schools open.
But the school system had not done all it could to keep the schools open. Officials declined to borrow against next year's state aid, they refused to trim extracurricular activities and they did not consider seeking a smaller-perhaps more acceptable-tax increase. In fact, closing early is costing Kalkaska a significant amount, including
in unemployment payments to teachers and staff and $250,000 in lost state side. In February, the school system promised teachers and staff two months of retirement payments in case schools closed early, a deal that will cost the district $ 275,000 more.
Other signs suggest school authorities were at least as eager to make a political statement as to keep schools open. The Michigan Education Association hired a public relations firm to stage a rally marking the school closings, which attracted 14 local and national television stations and networks. The president of the National Education Association, the MEA's parent organization, flew from Washington, D.C., for the event. And to union tutored school officials in the art of television interviews. School supervisor Doyle Disbrow acknowledges the district could have kept schools open by cutting programs but denies the moves were politically motivated.
Michigan lawmakers have reacted angrily to the closings. The state Senate has already voted to put the system into receivership (破产管理) and reopen the Michigan House Plans to consider the bill this week.
31.We learn from the passage that schools in Kalkaska, Michigan, are funded&&&&& .
A)mainly by the state government&&&&&&&& B)exclusively by the local government
C)by the National Education Association&& D)by both the local and state governments
32. One of the purposes for which school officials closed classes was&&&&&& .
A)to draw the attention of local taxpayers to political issues
B)to avoid paying retirement benefits to teachers and staff
C)to pressure Michigan lawmakers into increasing state funds for local schools
D)to make the financial difficulties of their teachers and staff known to the public
33.The author seems to disapprove of&&&&&&& .
A)the shutting of schools in Kalkaska&&&&&&& B)the involvement of the mass media
C)the Michigan lawmakers' endless debating&
D)delaying the passage of the school funding legislation
34.We learn from the passage that school authorities in Kalkaska are more concerned about&&&&&& .
A)making a political issue of the closing of the schools&
B)the attitude of the MEA's parent organization
C)a raise in the property-tax rate in Michigan&&&&&&&&&
D)reopening the schools there immediately
35.According to the passage, the closing of the schools developed into a crisis because of&&&&&&& .
A)the strong protest on the part of the students' parents
B)the political motives on the part of the educators
C)the weak response of the state officials&&&&&&&&&&
D)the complexity of the problem
Passage VI.
It is hardly necessary for me to cite all the evidence of the depressing state of literacy. These figures from the Department of Education are sufficient: 27 million Americans cannot read at all, and a further 35 million read at a level that is less than sufficient to survive in our society.
But my own worry today is less that of the overwhelming problem of elemental literacy than it is of the slightly more luxurious problem of the decline in the skill even of the middle-class reader, of his unwillingness to afford those spaces of silence, those luxuries of domesticity and time and concentration, that surround the image of the classic act of reading. It has been suggested that almost 80 percent of America's literate, educated teenagers can no longer read without an accompanying noise (music) in the background or a television screen flickering (闪烁) at the corner of their field of perception. We know very little about the brain and how it deals with simultaneous conflicting input, but every common-sense intuition suggests we should be profoundly alarmed. This violation of concentration, silence, solitude (独处的状态)goes to the very heart of ou this new form of part-reading, of part-perception against background distraction, renders impossible certain essential acts of apprehension and concentration, let alone that most important tribute any human being can pay to a poem or a piece of prose he or she really loves, which is to learn it by heart. Not by brain, the expression is vital.
Under these circumstances, the question of what future there is for the arts of reading is a real one. Ahead of us lie technical, psychic (心理的), and social transformations probably much more dramatic than those brought about by Gutenberg, the German inventor in printing. The Gutenberg revolution, as we now know it, its effects are still being debated. The information revolution will touch every fact of composition, publication, distribution, and reading. No one in the book industry can say with any confidence what will happen to the book as we've known it.
31. The picture of the reading ability of the American people, drawn by the author, is&&&&&& .
A) rather bleak&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B) fairly bright&&&&&&
C) very impressive&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D) quite encouraging
32. The author's biggest concern is&&&&&&& .
A) elementary school children's disinterest in reading classics
B) the surprisingly low rate of literacy in the U.S.
C) the musical setting American readers require for reading
D) the reading ability and reading behavior of the middle class
33. A major problem with most adolescents who can read is&&&&&&& .
A) their fondness of music and TV programs&&&&&
B) their ignorance of various forms of art and literature
C) their lack of attentiveness and basic understanding&
D) their inability to focus on conflicting input
34. The author claims that the best way a reader can show admiration for a piece of poetry or prose is&&& ___-.
A) to be able to appreciate it and memorize it&&
B) to analyze its essential features
C) to think it over conscientiously&&&&&&&
D) to make a fair appraisal of its artistic value
35. About the future of the arts of reading the author feels&&&&&&& .
A) upset&& B) uncertain&& C) alarmed&& D) pessimistic
第六部分、改错冲刺&(一).短文改错应试技巧
1. 务必先快速浏览全文,把握话题和大意。然后细读要求改错的那行文字,看看每一个词是否有语义语法上的错误。如果本行或本句内找不出词汇语法上的错误,要特别注意一下上下文,看看是否有逻辑错误。做题时思路要开阔,考虑每类词汇可能出现的错误。特别注意以下一些常设置的考点:
1) 对于本行内出现的两个形容词adjective,考虑一下是否应为副词,或涉及形容词的词汇错误,如比较级最高级等,甚至反义词;副词亦如此。
2) 对于本行内出现的系动词,助动词,考虑单复数和时态问题。
3) 对于本行内出现的现在分词-ing,考虑一下是否应为过去分词-ed,反之亦然。
4) 对于本行内出现的介词,考虑是否能与动词,形容词,名词构成正确的搭配。
5) 对于本行内出现的连词,读一下上下文是否文意顺畅。
6) 对于本行内出现的代词,考虑一下用单数形式还是复数形式。
7) 如果每个词都找不出问题,看是否漏掉了词,如冠词等。
(二)常见错误类型
A.一致性方面的错误
① 主谓一致: 主谓不一致错误是CET-6综合改错题内容之一,主要表现为主语名词与谓语动词间隔较长,首尾不能相接,造成视觉上的混淆。
例: The president of the company, together with the employees who have got their salaries for months, are planning a conference for the purpose of solving financial problems.
② 名词单复数: 有时名词可以不用复数,但是在特定的句子中由于前面有明确的量词修饰,如many, several, a number of, a variety of等等,就要变成复数形式。
例:&&&& Computers, which we all know have taken great changes in the past few decades, has many possible use in different fields.
③ 代词与先行词一致
代词的主要功能是指代已出现的名词、词组或一个意群,因此代词的出现必须有所指,而且形、数等必须与前面所代的部份相符。这是代词改错的核心。
例:A knowledge of several languages is essential to other majors' study because without them one can read books only in translation.
A man surrounded by flames and smoke generally considers that jumping out of a second-floor window is an acceptable risk to save their life.
B.时态、语态、虚拟语气
① 时态错误: 在一篇结构完整、语义连续的短文中,时态的使用也应该连贯一致,但是英语表示时间时,主句和从句时态可能不一致,却仍表明完整正确的意思。这就要求同学对英语敏感,准确判断句中动作的时态。
例: He can't remember what he once knows when he was still in that small town.
② 语态错误
在CET-6综合改错题中最常见的语态错误是被动语态被误用为主动语态。因为汉语表达习惯上有时不加“被”字也能表示被动,因而同学对被动语态不敏感。另外,不及物动词不能携带宾语,因而也就没有被动语态。
例:She was very angry at not telling the truth when she listened to the account.
③虚拟语气错误
虚拟语气的使用错误在综合改错题中主要表现为主句和从句的语气不协调。
例:We strongly suggest that Henry, president of Yale University, is told about his physical condition as soon as possible.
注意假冒伪劣虚拟语气!
His pale face and hollow eyes suggest that he play PC games all night.
C.连接词、并列句、从属句
这类错误常常不易被发现,因为它不属于句子内部的语言知识,而是句子与句子之间的串联的关系。要想把这类错误纠正出来,需要同学对文章有总体的理解,头脑中有个大的框架。一般改错中的连词错误都会使句子的逻辑关系发生改变,或造成句子的语义逻辑混乱。 例:Science is the production of new knowledge that can be applied or not, since technology is the application of knowledge to the production of some products, machinery or the like.
D.形容词、副词比较级、最高级
这类错误主要考较不常见的形容词、副词的比较级形式。一般来讲,同学不难掌握。
例:Microwave ovens are generally more costlier than common ovens.
E.平行结构
平行结构错误主要指在连接词and前后语法结构不对等、不平行。
例:Computer-analyzed marketing reports can help deciding which products to emphasize now, which to develop for the future, and which to dropping.
F.非谓语动词
非谓语动词是令人头疼的改错类型,它包括不定式、分词、动名词。六级改错中主要出现的是非谓语动词与主要谓语动词之间的混淆。
例:The idea that learn a foreign language is hard work is realized by every student.
G.固定搭配
固定搭配主要包括动词、形容词、名词同介词的搭配以及其它许多惯用法等。解答这类题的关键在于同学掌握大量的短语及固定搭配。
例:It also takes rise to a blurring of the distinction between science and technology.
H.词性错误
词性误用句中,错误主要表现在形容词、名词、副词上。做这类改错题,首先要判断词性及词在句中的位置,然后根据它们在句中所处的位置来确定词性是否正确。一般说来,形容词修饰名词,副词修饰动词,副词修饰形容词。
例:We are not necessary capable of doing such an exacting job.
I.易混淆的词
英语词汇中有很多词在拼写上、语义上很相似,如assure/ensure, rise/arise/raise, effect/affect,但是它们的用法却迥然不同。这些易混淆的词构成六级改错的一个重要错误类型。economic/economical/financial
(三)真题中错误类型再回顾
一、语言结构错误占很大比例
1.单复数概念。这是最简单、最基本的语法规则,但是由于它本身的特殊用法较多, 加之同学的词汇量、语义场的水平差异大,不可能人人都能完全答对。
1:This dream...was to find a piece of place, and build a house for one's family...(CET-6,9,03) 
2:Can we be so bold as to suggest that we may be able to colonize other planet within the not-too-distant future?(CET-6, 1,00)
2.主谓一致。主谓一致也是英语的基本知识范畴。然而由于英语中的集体名词、不定代词、指示代词、主谓倒装等特殊变量的存在,给语言学习者带来许多不好把握的地方。
1:...but behind it lies two myths...(CET-6,6,02)    2:...perhaps one in every seven deaths in Europe's crowded cities were caused by the disease.(CET-6,6,01)  此句的难点在于介词短语又多又长,容易干扰答题者的语法观念。
3.时态的前后一致。时态的前后一致,应属于初级英语学习者掌握的语法概念。然而有些段落时空交叉频繁和复合句中的分句特殊规则, 这些会给时态观念薄弱的同学造成障碍。
These small households were portraits of independence: the entire family, mother, father, children, even grandparents-live in a small house and working together to support each other.(CET-6,9,03)  
4.介词的灵活搭配和固定搭配。介词变化无穷。它的使用没有百分之百的规则,只有具备语篇中的灵活性,而这种灵活性又具有相当的固定性和规范性。
  例1:This is new is the scale.
  此句中有两个is,说明其中一个是误用。根据文章上下文意思"它们在规模大小方面的不同之处倒是人们应该研究的新动向",我们可以把第二个is改成in。
2: Then, about ten thousand years ago, when this immensely long formative period of hunting for food, they became farmers.(CET-6,1,02) 从语法词性的搭配习惯考虑
二、语义前后不顺,缺乏逻辑性
  有些考题乍一看没有问题, 这时同学就不妨抛开语法问题, 重点审查该句与上一句或下一句的逻辑关系。
  1.用词不当。这种错误使语言含糊不清。
1: Anyone understood the life and death importance of family cooperation and hard work.(CET-6,9.03)
  例2:...a few generations late, sends them flooding out again to the suburbs.(CET-6, 6,02)
  该句中的late不符合上下文意思,因为late仅表示"迟到"而没有"以后"的意思,要想表达"几代之后(几十年后)"就应该用a few generations later。later有"……以后,最近"的意思。
  2.语义逻辑合理、前后意义连贯。有个别考题是考查学生的逻辑推断能力。启示:人们说话或写文章一般应思路明确、顺畅,不能前后矛盾、颠三倒四。
  1:Under this pressure their whole way of life, even if their bodies, became radically changed.
2:When U.S. soldiers came home after the World War II, for example, they dreamed of buying houses and starting families. But there was a tremendous boom in home building. (CET-6,9.03)
归纳: 词汇、语法、和语篇方面的错误(语篇方面的也是借助前两者)。因此:
1. 语法要点需要快速复习(看一遍语法条目和例题)
考试时不妨写下清单对照搜索短文里的错误,非常有效!
1.动词时态、语态;&&
2. 非谓语动词;
3. 连接词(让步、转折、时间、从属、条件、原因、对比、方式、目的、结果);
4. 一致性(时态一致、主谓一致、指代一致);
5. 形容词和副词(混用、比较级和最高级);
7. 虚拟语气;
常见基本技能再锤炼
I. 逻辑紊乱(Logical breakdown)
1. People are earning higher wages and salaries. This leads to changes
in the way of life. As income goes down, people may not want more&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& __________
food to eat or more clothes to wear.
2. Traditionally, the American farmer has always been independent and
hard-working. In the eighteenth century farmers were quite self-sufficient.
The farm family grew and made almost nothing it needed.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& __________
3. Blood pressure drugs definitely help some people live after a heart attack,
but these same drugs may be both necessary and harmful for those with&&&&&&&& __________
only mild blood pressure problems.
4. If he was present because of illness, there was often no job for him when&& __________
he returned. Since there were always many other workers to take his job,
he was likely to be hired if he asked for more money.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& __________
II. 逻辑关联错误
1. In the theatre, two young Americans sat before me. I had to change my angle
every time the young lady leaned over to talk to him and he leaned over to kiss her _________
2. In 1860, because some of the farm population had moved to the city, yet&&& __________
eighty percent of the American population was still in the country.
3. The farmer rose at dawn or before it and had much work to do, with
his own muscles as his chief source of power. He used axes, spades and other&&&&&& __________
complicated tools on the farm.
III. 介词错误(考查较多。防范方法:注意其原始含义;注意固定搭配)
1. More and more people live in towns and cities instead on farms&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& __________
and in villages.&
2. Cities and states have to provide services city people want, such like more&& __________
police protection, more hospitals, and more schools.
3. There are maybe sound medical reasons for accepting electrical shock
treatment, but such reasons are totally dependent in the balance of risks and&&& __________
benefits for the patients.
4. Similarly, we feel comfortable with people who possess
physical qualities similar as ours.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& __________
5. You may have noticed about how people who live and work&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& __________
closely come to behave in a similar way.
6. It seems that the progress of man includes a rising volume of noise.
In every home, a stereo or television will fill the rooms sound.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& __________
7. Men have explored parts of the moon, and possibly within the decade will land
into another planet and explore it.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& __________
8. But perhaps we should look at both sides of the coin before arriving
to hasty conclusion, which may turn out unfavorable results.&&&& __________&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
9. Immediately before him was a very flat piece of bread that looked to him, very
much as a napkin, so he put it across his collar.&&&&&&&&& __________&&&
IV。指代错误
1. While technology makes this possible for four or even six&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& __________
billion of us to exist, it also eliminates our job opportunities.
2. Traditionally, work determines our way of life. But if 98 percent
of us don’t need to work, what are we going to do with oneself?&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& __________
3. The widespread use of such electrical appliances means that there
is a need for servicemen to keep it running properly.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& __________
4. …a man surrounded by flames and smoke generally considers that
jumping out of a second-floor window is an acceptable risk to save its life.&&&&&&&&&&&& __________
5. The workingman had little schooling beyond his craft, and there
was little hope that their children would have anything better.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& __________
6. In the nineteenth century, farm work and life were not much
changed from that they had been in old days.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& __________&&&
V. V. 非谓语动词
1. Deciding how much discomfort and risk we are preparing to put&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& __________
up with in the name of better health is a highly personal matter, not
a decision we should leave to doctors alone.
2. They believed that it was good business to hire men, women and
children as cheaply as possible, make them worked as hard as they&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& __________
could and, when they became inefficient, worn out, or unable to work
for any reason, discharge them.
3. Unconsciously, we copy those we are close to or love or
admire. So a sportsman’s individual way of walking
with raised shoulders is imitat …&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& __________
4. Even the quiet of our carefully protected wildness
areas can be invaded at any moment by a passed jet.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& __________
VI. 一致&&&&&&
1. Traditionally, work determines our way of life. But if 98
percent of us doesn’t need to work, what are we going to do with ourselves?&& __________
2. Advances in technology, especially after the industrial revolution,
&has also changed people’s lives.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ____________
3. Whether women who have started a career will attain pay
equality with man rest on at least two factors.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& __________
4. The small college, however, generally provides a limited number
of courses and specializations, but offer a better student-faculty&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& __________
ratio, thus permitting individualized attention to students.
1.& A few months after returning back the States from Germany, I attended&&& 1._______
a college course in French. Since I have already learned&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 2._______
to speak German good in Germany, I thought it might be a lot&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 3._______
interested to take up another language course.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 4._______&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
At the first class, the French teacher asked us to do a pronunciation exercises 5._______
in it he would say a word or two in French, clearly and slowly,&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 6._______
then we students would do our best to copy the French words. Finally,&&&&&&&& 7._______
he came to me, kept me saying more English words, and listened&&&&&&&&&&&& 8._______
amusingly(好笑地). After a few minutes, I felt I was made a fool,
but asked him why. “Well, I find it great fun,” the teacher explained&&&&&&&&&& 9._______&&&&
it. “In the past two decades of my teaching career, it’s the first time I&&&&&&&&&& 10._______
have heard an American speak French with a German accent.”
来个难点的。
Drunken driving―sometimes called America’s social accepted form of murder―has become a national epidemic. Every hour of every day about three Americans on an average are killed by drunken drivers, adding to an incredible 250,000 over the past decade.
A drunken driver is usually defined as one with a 0.10 blood alcohol content or roughly three beers, glasses of wine or shots of whisky drunk within two hours. Heavy drinking used to be an unacceptable part of the American macho(男子汉气概) image and judges were lenient(宽大的) in most courts, but the drunken-slaughter has recently caused so many good-publicized tragedies, especially involving young children, that public opinion is no longer so tolerant.
Twenty states have raised the legal drinking age to 21, reversing a trend in the 1960s to reduce it to 18. After New Jersey lowers it to 18, the number of people killed by 18-to-20-year-old drivers more than doubled, so the state recently upped it back to 21.
Reformers, however, fear raising the drinking age will have little affect unless accompanied by educational programs to help young people to develop “responsible attitudes” towards drinking and teach them to resist peer pressure to drink.
Tough new laws have led to increase arrests and tests and in many areas already, to a marked decline in fatalities. Some states are also penalizing bars for serving customers too many drinks.
Although the fatalities continue to occur daily in every state, some Americans are even beginning to speak well of the 13 years national prohibition of alcoholic that began in 1919, which President Hoover called the “noble experiment”. They forget that legal prohibition didn’t stop drinking, but discouraged political corruption and organized crime. As with the booming drug trade generally, there is no easy solution.&1.________________
2.________________
3.________________
4.________________
5.________________
6.________________
7.________________
8.________________
9.________________
10._______________&
第七部分 完形填空&一、完形填空特点&1.测试同学对篇章的理解能力
2.测试同学对语法结构的理解和综合运用能力
二、完形填空的重点和难点&1.词汇辨义题;
2.习惯用法及固定搭配题;
3.语法结构题;
4.逻辑推理题。
三、完形填空答题步骤&1. 快速浏览全文;
2. 仔细阅读每一句话,通过语法判断猜测缺失的内容的成分性质和可能的含义
3. 从选项中寻找与预期相同的单词或代入核查语义是否与上下文吻合
完型填空的信息链必须完整!前一个句子经常为后面句子提高信息支持!
Many theories concerning the causes of juvenile delinquency (青少年犯罪) focus either on the individual or on society as the major contributing influence. Theories (21)____ on the individual suggest that children engage in criminal behavior (22)____ they were not sufficiently punished for previous misdeeds or that they have learned criminal behavior through (23) ____ with others. Theories focusing on the role of society argue that children commit crimes in (24) ____ to their failure to rise above their socioeconomic status (25) ____ as a rejection of middle-class values.
Most theories of juvenile delinquency have focused on children from disadvantaged families, (26) ____ the fact that children from wealthy homes also commit crimes. The latter may commit crimes (27) ____ lack of adequate parental control. All theories, however, are tentative (实验性) and are (28) ____ to criticism.
Changes in the social structure may indirectly (29) ____ juvenile crime rates. For example, changes in the economy that (30) ____ to fewer job opportunities for youth and rising unemployment (31) ____ make gainful employment increasingly difficult to obtain. The resulting discontent may in (32) ____ lead more youths into criminal behavior.
Families have also (33) ____ changes these years. More families consist of one-parent households or (34) ____, children are likely to have less supervision at home (35) ____ was common in the traditional family (36) ____. This lack of parental supervision is thought to be an influence on juvenile crime rates. Other (37) ____ causes of offensive acts include failure in school, the increased (38) ____ of drugs and alcohol, and the growing (39) ____ of child abuse and child neglect. All these conditions tend to increase the probability of a child committing a criminal act, (40) ____ a direct cause-effect relationship has not been established.
21.[A] acting&&&&&&&&& [B] relying&&&&&&&&& [C] centering&&&&&&&&&& [D] cementing
22.[A] before&&&&&&&&& [B] unless&&&&&&&&&& [C] until&&&&&&&&&&&&& [D] because
23. [A] interactions&&&& [B] assimilation&&&&&& [C] cooperation&&&&&&& [D] consultation
24. [A] return&&&&&&&&& [B] reply&&&&&&&&&&& [C] reference&&&&&&&&& [D] response
25. [A] or&&&&&&&&&&&& [B] but rather&&&&&&& [C] but&&&&&&&&&&&&&& [D] or else
26.[A] considering&&&&& [B] ignoring&&&&&&&& [C] highlighting&&&&&&& [D] discarding
27. [A] on&&&&&&&&&&&& [B] in&&&&&&&&&&&&& [C] for&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& [D] with
28. [A] immune&&&&&&& [B] resistant&&&&&&&&& [C] sensitive&&&&&&&&& [D] subject
29. [A] affect&&&&&&&&& [B] reduce&&&&&&&&&& [C] chock&&&&&&&&&&& [D] reflect
30. [A] point&&&&&&&&& [B] lead&&&&&&&&&&&&& [C] come&&&&&&&&&&& [D] amount
31. [A] in general&&&&&& [B] on average&&&&&&& [C] by contrast&&&&&& [D] at length
32. [A] case&&&&&&&&&& [B] short&&&&&&&&&&& [C] turn&&&&&&&&&&&&& [D] essence
33. [A] survived&&&&&&& [B] noticed&&&&&&&&& [C] undertaken&&&&&&& [D] experienced
34. [A] contrarily&&&&&& [B] consequently&&&&& [C] similarly&&&&&&& [D] simultaneously
35. [A] than&&&&&&&&&& [B] that&&&&&&&&&&&&& [C] which&&&&&&&&&& [D] as
36. [A] system&&&&&&&& [B] structure&&&&&&&& [C] concept&&&&&&&&& [D] heritage
37. [A] assessable&&&&& [B] identifiable&&&&&&& [C] negligible&&&&&&& [D] incredible
38. [A] expense&&&&&&& [B] restriction&&&&&&&& [C] allocation&&&&&&& [D] availability
39. [A] occurrence&&&&&& [B] awareness&&&&&&&& [C] exposure&&&&&&& [D] popularity
40. [A] provided&&&&&&& [B] since&&&&&&&&&&&& [C] although&&&&&&& [D] supposing
第七部分 简答&一、简答题之基本要义:准+变+简
充分利用简答与阅读理解的共性(如出题的位置)
1. 通读小提示:迅速浏览带汉语注释的词汇。Why?
2. 定位有窍门:数字、专有名词当先锋
3. 利用and, or, by等常见词预测答案形式,以准确做答
4. 答案的方式:从词、句式结构方面改变原文。
二、评分原则与标准:&2分――答出全部内容,语言正确&&&& 1分――答出部分内容,语言正确
――语言错误扣0.5分(大小写和标点忽略不计)
――涉及无关内容扣0.5分;答案中有相互矛盾的内容,则内容矛盾部分不得分。
――整句原封不动照搬扣分,照搬一句扣0.5分;照搬两句及两句以上不得分;
――所给答案超过10个单词扣0.5分。
三、答题步骤和方法:&1. 通读(与阅读理解方式相同)
2. 阅读问题回原文搜索定位
3. 仔细阅读原文相关句子,判断答案是否在本句,如无,根据问题性质向旁边搜索。
4. 搜索到能够回答问题的原文后,根据问题的提法(why? How? when___? If___?),整理答案。
Culture shock is so named because of the effect it has on people when they enter a new culture. Experts have been interested in these effects and have agreed on five basic stages of culture shock. These stages are general and should only be used as a reference. Not every individual will go through each stage, and one stage may last longer that another for different individuals.&&& The hardest thing for most travelers to deal with is the emotional “roller coaster” they seem to be riding. One moment they feel very positive toward the new culture, and the next moment very negative. It seems common that international visitors and immigrants vacillate between loving and hating a new country. Feelings of separation and alienation can be intensified if they do not have a sense of fitting in or belonging.&&& Fatigue is another problem people face when entering a new culture. There can be a sense of a greater need for sleep. This is due not only to physical tiredness, but also to mental fatigue. This mental fatigue comes from straining to comprehend the language, and coping with new situations. & The impact of culture shock can vary from person to person. There can be significant differences because some people may be better prepared to enter a new culture. Four factors which play into these are personality, language ability, length of stay, and the emotional support received.
It is logical to think that when people are deprived of their familiar surroundings they will feel disoriented. One solution some have found is to bring a few small reminders of home. Pictures, wall hangings, favorite utensils, and keep sakes are all good candidates to make things feel more familiar.
Another helpful activity is to establish little routines that become familiar over time. Even better is fitting things that were part of the regular routine back in the home country into the routine established in the new culture. This will make people feel more at home.
Questions: 1. According to Paragraph. one, experts show their interest in
____________ _____________ ____________ ____________ ____________&&
____________ _____________ ____________ ____________ ____________.&2. Emotional “roller coaster” refers to
____________ _____________ ____________ ____________ ____________.
3. When entering a new culture, travelers will feel________if they don’t find themselves fitting in or belonging to this culture.
4. People will feel confused and unsettled when&
5. According to the author, the more effective way to solve “cultural shock” is
未讲部分答案
Passage VI. 31-35& ADCAB
2005年6月最新唐启明六级考试冲刺讲义
相关内容:查看更多>>

我要回帖

更多关于 家说亲对不对 的文章

随机推荐