2012年人教版九年级英语单元测试题含答案全套下载|
把文档贴到Blog、BBS或个人站等:
普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
你可能喜欢');ad_counter++};
');ad_counter++};
Auto Update: OffSportsNation
Welcome to SportsNation! On Tuesday, 's
blogger David Schoenfield stops by to chat some baseball.Schoenfield is a senior writer
and he's been
since 1995 and has served in a variety of roles, including baseball editor, Page 2 senior editor and writer, and even interim soccer editor. He grew up in Seattle rooting for the Mariners, believes Edgar Martinez should be in the Hall of Fame and had no issues with Felix Hernandez winning the Cy Young Award despite a 13-12 record.Send your questions now and join Schoenfield Tuesday at 1 p.m. ET!More David Schoenfield:
| OK, sorry about that. Keyboard died and needed new batteries and then it wouldn't reconnect (wireless). But now it's working. 2014 and I still feel like I'm using 1996 technology a lot of the time.
David Schoenfield&&(1:18 PM)Let's talk some baseball!
(Kansas City )Do you think the Cardinals can win the NLCS with out Monlina. and do think The Royals will sweep the O'sDavid Schoenfield&&(1:19 PM)I do think the Cardinals can win without Molina, although it certainly presents a huge problem if he can't play. Pierzynski starting tonight.
David Schoenfield&&(1:20 PM)I think the bigger issues is the Giants bullpen trying to match up with all the lefty St. Louis bats. If Hudson doesn't go deep and Affeldt is used early that only leaves Lopez for the late innings. Hard to imagine Bochy will still trust Stickland and Romo isn't that good against lefties. I wonder if you'll see Petit or even Lincecum if a reliever is needed before the seventh.
David Schoenfield&&(1:21 PM)As for the Orioles ... I'll say they'll win at least one. I mean, the Royals can't win eight playoff games in a row, can they? That said, KC should win the series. No team has won a LCS after losing the first two games at home. (Although the '86 Mets did so in the World Series.)
Ed (El Paso, TX)You and others have often criticized Royals manager Ned Yost and yet the Royals are in the ALCS and two wins away from the WS. Could it be he is doing something right?David Schoenfield&&(1:22 PM)Not necessarily. Bob Brenly won a World Series.
Alec (Branson)So Dave, what do you find more frustrating as a journalist: being accused of bias by angry fans, or being asked to make playoff predictions that you know will most likely be wrong b/c the postseason is a crap shoot?David Schoenfield&&(1:24 PM)Playoff predictions are annoying but part of the job. Having unhappy readers is part of the job as well, but it can certainly get frustrating when fans of all 30 teams think you're biased against their team. After the Tigers lost, I got a Tweet from somebody saying how sad I must be that my beloved Tigers lost. That made me laugh because I probably get more "angry" tweets from Tigers fans than any other team.
John Doe (Los Angeles)So is there much angels can do in free agency this winter? I heard they may go after Headley. But any SP in their price range that they will target?David Schoenfield&&(1:25 PM)I think they would go after a second-tier veteran starter -- Chris Young, Jason Hammel, a guy like that.
Fred (NJ)Any chance ESPN would consider an alternative broadcast on one of it's sister stations for the Sunday night game, JABO style? Would love to hear some combo of you, KLAW and Eric just BS about the game and it's players without the traditional PBP/Color.David Schoenfield&&(1:27 PM)It was an interesting idea. I only watched that for a bit and tended to agree with most that they focused too much on the commentary and not enough on the game (with the split screen). I think they went away from that as the game progressed. You still want to hear the sounds of the ballpark. Anyway, no idea if ESPN would try such a thing ... but we certainly have the stations to do it!
Josh (Rockford)Jack Z gets fired (FINALLY!) and you get hired as the GM. Give me 3 moves that you make that help us contend.David Schoenfield&&(1:29 PM)Trade Taijuan Walker for
go all-in for S find a good 1B/DH bat ... not sure who that would be.
Dan (New York)How much impact does a hitting coach actually have? Was the Yankees firing Kevin Long just scapegoating him?David Schoenfield&&(1:30 PM)Minor impact, I'd say. And, yes, sounds like a scapegoating situation to me. Long is highly regarded as hitting coaches go.
Dan (New York)If Cruz does re-sign with Baltimore (which was a rumor last week), where does that leave the Mariners? Do they go hard after Victor Martinez?David Schoenfield&&(1:32 PM)Sure, I guess Martinez would be the obvious choice for DH. But hard to imagine him going to Seattle when there will be interest from other teams who play in better hitter's parks. Nelson Cruz will be out there again. But there isn't much in the way of bats. I assume they bring Logan Morrison back for 1B duties after a reasonably good finish to his season.
Ted (Wilmington)Are the playoffs really a crapshoot? It seems that teams with the best bullpens who strike out less than their opponents typically win. Sabermatricians call it a crap shoot because they are unable to accept that strikeouts aren't just another out. Putting the ball in play does have value, hence a guy like Joe Panik is more valuable than Mark Reynolds, even though Reynolds hits the long ball, which chicks and geeks equally dig.David Schoenfield&&(1:34 PM)There may be something to the strikeout thing. I believe teams that struck out less in the regular season were 29-10 in postseason series since 2009 (or 2010) entering this year. I don't believe the bullpen thing holds up. Mediocre bullpens can get hot in the postseason as well. Plus, how do you measure bullpens? A's and Orioles both had a lower bullpen ERA than the Royals this year.
Dan (Miami)Percentage probability the Orioles come back to win the series?David Schoenfield&&(1:36 PM)I'd say less than 10 percent given that history says this basically never happens. FanGraphs has the Royals' odds at ... 87 percent.
James (KC)Molina - the bigger problem for the Cardinals is if they get by the Giants and face the Royals, the Cards wouldn't have a catcher who can slow down the Royals on the base paths. Run Billy RunDavid Schoenfield&&(1:36 PM)Good point.
Chuck (Los Angeles)A grand total of two chats yesterday, two today. One all of last week on baseball. I feel like ESPN doesn't take this part of the platform seriously.David Schoenfield&&(1:36 PM)I can do another one later this week.
John Doe (Los Angeles)So after baseball ends. Football, hockey, or basketball?David Schoenfield&&(1:38 PM)Read some books? I'll still watch some NFL (go Seahawks!) ... hardly ever watch regular season basketball anymore ... my wife is a big hockey fan so we'll watch some hockey ... and Premier League on Saturday mornings.
Paul (San Jose)I think I'm not alone in originally rooting for the Royals to win it all and now rooting against them, they act like clowns out there. David Schoenfield&&(1:38 PM)You don't like seeing players have fun?
John Hart (GA)Hey Dave, should I see if Boston would take Gattis and Kimbrel for Mookie Betts? Who says no?David Schoenfield&&(1:40 PM)Red Sox. Betts has a TON of value. He's cheap, he's going to be great, can play multiple positions. Kimbrel is great but expensive and you don't give up a talent like Betts for that. And Gattis is a DH, a good one, but still a DH/part-time catcher.
Patrick (Kansas)Dave, I sent you a tweet after Saturday's ALCS game that the Royals bullpen was better than the Orioles bullpen just on the eyeball test. I know numbers favored Orioles but other than Andrew Miller (who is tremendous out of the bullpen) nobody else looks all that imposing. Would you happen to know the splits of O's pen vs. the AL East compared to the rest of the league?David Schoenfield&&(1:43 PM)Would have to add that up, but I don't think that explains anything. AL East offenses not that much worse than AL Central or AL West once you adjust for parks and quality of opponents faced.
David Schoenfield&&(1:44 PM)AL East was one game under .500 against AL Central, for example, so divisions were basically of equal strength.
Brian (NY)Alex Wood and Shea Simmons for Juan Lugaraes. Who hangs up?David Schoenfield&&(1:45 PM)I'd take Lagares. For one thing, the Mets don't need another starting pitcher and Wood's motion looks like an injury waiting to happen.
Dan (Canada)Who's bullpen do you
Cardinals or Giants?David Schoenfield&&(1:47 PM)Right now, I'd say the Cardinals, even with Rosenthal's high-wire act every outing. The way the Cardinals lefty hitters are going, Bochy has a lot of matchup issues since he has just two lefties in the pen. If Hudson goes 6 or 7, that's fine. Then you can use Affeldt and Lopez to match up, but if the starter doesn't go deep like in Game 2 and both of those guys are used by the seventh, that gives the Cards an advantage (as we saw).
David Schoenfield&&(1:48 PM)Bochy keep thinking Hunter Strickland was going to be that guy to help bridge the game to Casilla, but he's given up four home runs now. Can't go back to him, can you?
Giants fan (Work)Giants gonna win the whole thing. Book itPatrick (NY)Regarding the Royals and celebrating: Baseball fans are the only fans I've ever met who *constantly* criticize players celebrating. David Schoenfield&&(1:48 PM)I know. It's weird. When football players celebrate and then get hit with a penalty, doesn't everyone complain about the penalty?
Charles (San Jose)What's your opinion of the Chip Hale hiring?David Schoenfield&&(1:50 PM)That's what I would have predicted. He's coached for the Diamondbacks, has managed in the minors, has been Bob Melvin's bench coach, so he's been part of a winning organization. Since he worked for the A's, he'll obviously bring *some* analytical angle to the job. Sounds like a good hire to me.
Nathan (KY)David, love your work. I have been reading lots of opinion on what the Braves should do, blow it all up and plan for 2017 and new stadium (trade JUp, Heyward, Gattis, Minor) or re-tool and go for it in 2015 and then try to resign JUp or Heyward?David Schoenfield&&(1:51 PM)I think the state of the NL suggests a playoff spot is wide open. No need to re-tool, in part because the Braves already have a lot of young talent. They just need to try and fix a couple glaring holes.
Craig (Seattle)Dave, people talk about Russel Martin being the Cubs #1 target at catcher. Any chance they go another route and go for Matt Wieters or via trade in AJ Ellis or Brian McCann?David Schoenfield&&(1:53 PM)I'm not sure any of those guys except Martin are better than Castillo. Wieters is overrated and coming off an injury, McCann costs too much and Ellis doesn't rate that well defensively (surprising because he's a very analytical player).
Jeff Bridich (Denver)What moves do I need to make this offseason to make the Rockies a contender? David Schoenfield&&(1:56 PM)Well, yes, find some pitching. But understand the offense isn't really all that great even though you led the league in runs. They Rockies need to score *a lot* of runs to be successful and that's what often gets the Rockies management into trouble, overrating their offense. Rockies were last in the league in runs scored on the road.
Wayne (Canada)Moneyball teams don't do as well in playoffs -- is there any truth to that? Perhaps reliance on walks and homers doesn't carry over as well in playoffs, while teams that have batting average, few strikeouts, and stolen bases have more success in playoff level competition / style-of-play?David Schoenfield&&(1:57 PM)Don't think that's true. Red Sox were second in walks and fourth in strikeouts last year and won it all.
David Schoenfield&&(1:58 PM)But, yes, I do think there may be something to the not striking out thing. And the Orioles have actually stolen more bases these first two games. Royals have won BECAUSE they've hit home runs.
Giants fan (Work)In this decade, the NL has been represented by only 2 teams. The Giants and the Cardinals.David Schoenfield&&(1:59 PM)GOT IT.
Nick (Bristol, TN)Where does Brandon McCarthy go to next season? And what kind of contract does an injury-prone pitcher (albeit not this season) like McCarthy get?David Schoenfield&&(2:00 PM)Probably a two-year deal with maybe a third-year option based on innings. That's a guy the Angels could go after as well.
Matt (Springfield, MO)Regarding the strengths of the Orioles vs. Royals bullpen ... the thing is that at least the Royals overall bullpen ERA (however that is calculated) is REALLY brought down by a handful of guys -- those not named Herrera, Davis, Holland, Finnegan and Frasor. You cannot really just go by total bullpen ERA at determining relative strength at this point can you?David Schoenfield&&(2:02 PM)Sure, but that's why it's kind of hard to evaluate "who has the better bullpen." If you take out the bad Orioles relievers, the top guys are pretty good as well. Britton, O'Day and Miller all had ERAs under 2.00. Sound familiar? Gausman is pitching out of the pen, which makes him a better pitcher than he was as a starter. Tommy Hunter had a 2.97 ERA, but much lower after removed as the closer (6.60 ERA when taken out of that role).
steve (Canada)I know it's early but what are your thoughts on the Cardinal off-season? they loose a lot of money from their payroll and a lot of their position players and starting pitchers are accounted for. Who do they spend the money on? big time pitcher (they have 6 as is), big time bat - where does he play? All on the bench?David Schoenfield&&(2:04 PM)Hmm, haven't looked at that yet. The offense wasn't good this year but, like you said, everyone is back and you probably give a Taveras/Grichuk platoon a chance. There aren't many top hitter free agents out there anyway, so I would say they look to upgrade the bench.
Joe (Long Beach, CA)Dodgers just hired Friedman, wow.Marshall (CA)Thoughts on the Dodgers hiring Friedman?David Schoenfield&&(2:06 PM)Well, you have to love what he's done in Tampa Bay. Wonder what that means for Donnie Baseball ... I thought he was better this year but the benching of Puig may have sealed his fate now that they have a new GM.
(KC)Hey Dave! Every time somebody brings up teams coming back from losing the first two on the road, you mention the 1986 Mets. Under the circumstances, I feel compelled to point out that the FIRST team to do it was actually...the 1985 Royals against the Cardinals in the World Series. Oh, the irony!David Schoenfield&&(2:08 PM)Yeah, I knew it happened before. Odd that it's never happened in the LCS but has happened in the World Series. 1996 Yankees as well. Lost first two at home and then won four straight.
David Schoenfield&&(2:08 PM)Man, how did the Braves lose that series?
G-Chrome (Springfield)Now the Friedman is the "President of Baseball Operations," I have to ask: what the heck is the President of Baseball Operations? Is he like a super GM?David Schoenfield&&(2:10 PM)Well, our story is reporting that Friedman could still hire a GM. Kind of like the Cubs with Theo Epstein and Jed Hoyer. So, yes, kind of a Super GM but letting a GM handle more of the day-to-day duties (like talking trade ideas with other GMs).
Dave (KC) Supposing the Royals make it to the World Series. Which team would match up best for them- Cardinals or Giants, and why?David Schoenfield&&(2:11 PM)Maybe the Cardinals since they don't have any lefty starters while the Giants have Bumgarner.
Nick (Bristol, TN)The '85 Royals lost the first two games of BOTH of their '85 series, and trailed 3-1 in both of their '85 series: to Toronto in the ALCS and to St. Louis in the aforementioned WS. Probably the most difficult thing to do in sports is to come back from so far, and they did it TWICE.Jason (VA)Hey Dave, thanks for doing this chat. Is there any indication that Molina's injury happened prior to NLCS, given that the Cardinals took off Freeman, and added AJ?David Schoenfield&&(2:13 PM)Not that I can tell. He started every game except one in September. But maybe something did happen in the Dodgers series. When Pierzynski was added, Matheny said it was to get another bat off the bench, which did make sense -- there's really little need to carry 12 pitchers for a postseason series.
Thomas Beckley (Kansas City, MO)Why is Danny Duffy not starting games for the Royals now?David Schoenfield&&(2:14 PM)I think if he hadn't been injured he would be starting.
Tim (Cincy)Cubs Addison Russell is really struggling in the fall league. With the Cubs in need of pitching should the Reds trade Leake for Russell and another piece? Maybe one of their young bullpen arms like Strop?David Schoenfield&&(2:15 PM)Not even close. And Zack Cozart isn't the biggest problem with the Reds anyway.
Doug (Illinois)Who do the pitching matchups favor the rest of the way in the NLCS, and why? I feel like there are some unknowns with Shelby Miller in tomorrow's game, and same for Tim Hudson, tonight. How do games 6 and 7 shake out if we get to that point?David Schoenfield&&(2:16 PM)The big edge comes in Game 5, of course, with Bumgarner against a tiring/sore-elbowed Wainwright. I think Game 4 will be the big one, Vogelsong versus Miller, in what likely turns into a bullpen game since I don't see either starter going deep.
Wayne (Canada)Seems that OPS is a simple stat that measures ability at plate. Has anyone tried to weight OPS differently depending on what situations the batter draws walks? Say you have two players. One drew a walk leading off inning, and hit a single in a man-on-second, two out situation. While another player got a single leading off, but drew his walk in the man-on-second 2-out situation. Same OPS, but presumably 1st player will likely help team score more runs right?David Schoenfield&&(2:18 PM)There's a stat out there called Win Probability Added that factors in WHEN the better did what he did. So a home run in a tie game is worth more than a home run when down 8-0. That's kind of what you're getting at, but it's very context- and team-driven.
Jon (Bozeman, MT)Do you think that Friedman can convince the Rays to trade them Joe Maddon for Ethier, Mattingly, and $10M?Chris
(AZ)RE celebrating: Why is everybody just getting on the Royals? I've seen plenty similar going on with the Cards and Giants as well...and probably the Orioles when they have something to celebrate.Austin (Worcester)It's almost Halloween so put on your Cherington mask, what are the first few moves you make (outside of dropping major $$$ on one of Scherzer, Lester or Shields)?David Schoenfield&&(2:21 PM)You have to decide if Will Middlebrooks is your third baseman and if you think Bogaerts has the chops defensively to remain at shortstop. You probably go after another second-tier veteran starter, especially if you're unable to land one of those three.
TJ (Detroit)Hey, David, work your own side of the street! They're not YOUR beloved Detroit Tigers, they are MY beloved Detroit Tigers! Stick with your Mariners and quit horning in on my turf!steve (Canada)Isn't Friedman long been over rated? When was the last Tampa Bay draft pick to be a high ceiling guy? They made the deal to get Myers and Price isn't young anymore. Matt Moore? Why do people think because he has a payroll now he will be better. I agree with Jon how do they get joe Madden is the bigger question!Charles (San Jose)Do you know if the IT folks are trying to solve the double post issue?David Schoenfield&&(2:23 PM)This is still going on? Looks OK to me?
BK (LA)Tajiuan Walker for CJ Crohn and Lottery ticket prospect. Enough?David Schoenfield&&(2:24 PM)No. Not a CJ Cron fan. Low-OBP guy with moderate power. Not much use for that kind of player. Although that is a Jack Z kind of player.
Dan (New York)Who will be the 2015 starting SS for the Yankees?David Schoenfield&&(2:26 PM)Will you be disappointed if I say Stephen Drew?
Zachary D Manprin (Elverta, CA) [via mobile]With Jarrod Parker coming off his second Tommy John surgery - do you think the A's would consider moving him to the bullpen for a season or so rather than tempt fate and throw him back into the rotation?David Schoenfield&&(2:27 PM)Maybe, although I don't there's evidence that would help prevent future injury. More likely, he'd be on some sort of innings limit.
Tim (AZ)Who will accept the qualifying offer this year?David Schoenfield&&(2:28 PM)We have to see who gets offered first!
Brad (St Louis)What your guess on how long before Kolten Wong starts an All-Star game?David Schoenfield&&(2:29 PM)I see what you did there ... but, since, the fans vote in the starters, I guess it could happen next year. Not a strong second baseman in the NL right now. The top seven second basemen in WAR via FanGraphs were all ALers.
Kyle (Chicago)Jake Arrieta's ERA in 2015: Above or below 3.00?David Schoenfield&&(2:29 PM)I'll go below. I think he's for real.
Ben (Charlotte)yeah, still going on. as Tigers fan, i'd like to see them let Scherzer walk. Price, Verlander, Sanchez and Porcello is plenty of pitching to be competitive. where would you spend that Scherzer money? David Schoenfield&&(2:30 PM)Martinez, a center fielder and a couple of relievers.
Steve Quinn (Davis, CA) [via mobile]What do the A's do at catcher? Jaso has lost the tail end of the last two seasons to concussions (and should no longer be behind the plate for health reasons), Stephen Vogt is coming off serious foot surgery, Derek Norris was banged up with hip and shoulder issues and many thought his inability to throw out base stealers cost the A's the division and in the play-in game against the Royals.David Schoenfield&&(2:32 PM)Good question. In July, that seemed like a huge strength of theirs. Wouldn't shock me to see them bring in a defense-first catcher. Not much out there, however, and Martin certainly out of their price range. Maybe they bring back Soto.
Rick S (Knoxville, TN)Would it be possible for the Cardinals, should they make the playoffs and Yadi can't bat, to use the DH for him in the AL park so they can keep him defensively?At one level, it doesn't make sense but at another level...maybe?David Schoenfield&&(2:33 PM)If he can't bat I'm guessing he probably can't catch either.
(Kansas City , MO)How do you think Guthrie will do for KC tonight in his first Post season appearance?David Schoenfield&&(2:34 PM)No idea. But this is the guy Ned needs to have a quick hook. Lefties hit him pretty hard this year and while most of the Orioles' power is right-handed, if one of the lefty hitters comes up in a crucial spot in the fifth inning, Yost shouldn't hesitate to use his pen.
Mike (dc)If the Nats can only extend one of Desmond or J.Zimm, which should they focus on?David Schoenfield&&(2:35 PM)Tough one. I guess Zimmermann, but given the risks with pitchers, maybe you do Desmond. Not a lot of good all-around shortstops out there right now.
John (Austin, TX)How many billions of dollars a year do you suppose ESPN would have to earn before it would invest in better chat software? David Schoenfield&&(2:36 PM)Next question ...
(Kansas City , MO)Let's hope he can at least make it to the 7th , should be a good one...The place is sure to be rockin!! Thanks!!Zachary D Manprin (Elverta, CA) [via mobile]Dave - in reference to Derek Norris costing the A' Oakland was near the bottom on MLB in pickoffs and adding Jon Lester (ZERO throws over to 1B let alone pickoffs) didn't help. How much is basestealing on the pitcher and how much is on the catcher?David Schoenfield&&(2:38 PM)It's mostly on the pitcher ... maybe 70/30? Catchers' CS percentage usually ranges from 45 percent at the top to 15 percent at the bottom (well, there are extremes below that). But obviously there are pitchers that hardly ever give up SB because of how well they hold runners.
Tim (AZ)JHey or JUp if you can only keep one?David Schoenfield&&(2:38 PM)Heyward
Tarek (NYC)Wait Yankees don't have a young SS for 2015? They didn't know this was going to happen like 7 years ago! Lets extend the guy who didn't plan in advance! David Schoenfield&&(2:39 PM)Well, there's always Brendan Ryan!
Nick (Bristol, TN)In terms of holding pitchers on, the Blue Jays still have the best in the game: Mark BuerhleTJ (Detroit)Read some nice pieces on Adam LaRoche recently. Where could you see him going and for how much if his option isn't activated? David Schoenfield&&(2:41 PM)I doubt they'll pick that up. Have to move Ryan Zimmerman to first. Seattle needs a right-handed bat more than left, but I could still see the Mariners. Maybe the Orioles. If they lose Cruz, you could sign LaRoche and have Davis DH (or trade off). Brewers. Indians. Quite a few teams could use a solid 1B.
Tedward (Newark, NJ)What do you see the Indians doing in the offseason?David Schoenfield&&(2:43 PM)Sounds like they're somewhat limited by their budget, so unless they can offload Bourn (maybe) or Swisher (unlikely), they're kind of stuck. They'll promote Lindor to play SS most likely. What they really need is just for some of the young players to consolidate their talents and do it for a full season, have Kipnis rebound and maybe get a solid 1B with Santana moving to DH.
Nick (Bristol, TN)Does Ron Washington ever manage again, considering in his rearview mirror is a bizarre drug mini-scandal, a choke job in the World Series, and a bizarre exit due to cheating on his wife?David Schoenfield&&(2:43 PM)No.
TJ (Detroit)Yankees 2015 shortstop? Oh please oh please oh please let it be A-Rod!!!!!David Schoenfield&&(2:44 PM)Nope. Can you imagine him trying to play SS at his age and with his injuries? He'd make Jeter look like Andrelton Simmons.
Patrick Orlet (St. Louis, MO)Matheny says he's sticking with Rosenthal. You think Matheny might be being a little stubborn, considering you have Neshak and Wacka in the bullpen. David Schoenfield&&(2:46 PM)It's the right decision. Neshek is still pitching important innings. Wacha hasn't pitched in, what, three weeks and you want to make him the closer? Rosenthal was fine -- if shaky -- all season. No need to panic and change because of a couple shaky outings.
David Schoenfield&&(2:47 PM)It's one of the dumbest thing managers can do in the postseason. You know, like benching your best player because he had a couple games where he struck out a lot.
Earl Weaver ((formerly MD))Momentum is the next day's starting pitcher.Ron (North Dakota)I thought TR said that the Twins would have a new manager in place by Oct 12th. Please tell me they go out of the organization for a hire unless it is Dougie M. The "Twins Way" is not the way!David Schoenfield&&(2:47 PM)I thought they might go Chip Hale, but the D-backs swooped in first!
Dan (New York)How much do you think the league wide drop in offense has to do with the larger strike zone? I think tightening the Strike Zone back to 2000's levels would make a huge difference. Would MLB have to tell the umps the zone has gotten too big?David Schoenfield&&(2:50 PM)I wrote about this yesterday. The studies seem to indicate maybe 30-40 percent of the drop in offense is due to the larger strike zone (it's become larger at the bottom). If anything, the strike zone is now being called more like the rulebook: It's not as wide as it was, but pitchers are getting that call at the knees more often.
TJ (Detroit)Please do not post any comment with the name "Pat Neshak" included. After hearing the announcers say that he contacted my Beloved Detroit Tigers about a bullpen spot prior to Spring Training and was rebuffed, I wept in agony...Frank (nyc)Hi Dave, Niese, Gee, Murphy to Red Sox for Cespedes and Boegarts, yes or no?David Schoenfield&&(2:52 PM)Red Sox hang up. Remember people, one of the most valuable things in baseball is an inexpensive young player with talent. Bogaerts had a disappointing seasons but I think he's still going to be a star. You don't give up that kind of guy.
Patrick (Pittsburgh)Royals fan here, but the Royals also lost first two games at home in 1985 World Series and came back to win, even being down 3-1.Patrick (Pittsburgh)And I'm still nervous about this series.David Schoenfield&&(2:53 PM)Right, it's not over. The Royals have been playing WAY over their heads with all these home runs. They could stop coming at any time.
Perry (Monterey, CA)You keep talking about the difficulty in the Giants' bullpen matching up with lefties, but will that be an issue in AT&T? It's not a little bandbox like Busch, and none of the Cards' homers would left it.David Schoenfield&&(2:54 PM)True, good point. Tough park to hit it out to right or right-center. I wasn't factoring that in but should have. Does change things a little.
Patrick (Pittsburgh)Gee, thanks David. You're supposed to make me feel better.Tarek (NYC)Does watching KC make you think what the M's could have been doing know in the post season if they just won 2 more games. David Schoenfield&&(2:54 PM)Thanks, Tarek. You're supposed to make me feel better.
Chris (KC)Why do all Mets fans think they can guys like Gee and Murphy to other teams for their best / most promising players? You want Cespedes and Boegaerts you need to get up off somebody like Wheeler to start with.David Schoenfield&&(2:56 PM)Generally speaking, fans of every team overrate their own players. Look, Gee and Murphy are useful players. So you can see why fans think they have value. But on the trade market, those kinds of players don't return much.
Bob Brenly (Phoenix)I benched my starting RF in Game 7 of the World Series because I had a hunch.David Schoenfield&&(2:57 PM)Haha. That's right. Danny Bautista for Reggie Sanders. And Bautista hit an RBI double.
(ny)Any chance that theo's claim that the coubs will contentend in '15 can happen? David Schoenfield&&(2:58 PM)Sure. They'll have to add some players, but NL Central doesn't have a powerhouse team right now.
Angel LA [via mobile]How long will the royals luck lastcosta (RI)Kansas city and san fran all the way posey and hosmer are going off in the playoffsjim , Detroit [via mobile]Who gets scherzer?David Schoenfield&&(2:59 PM)No idea!
Cole (Bay Area)Would you rather have a fully healthy Posey or Molina on your team? David Schoenfield&&(2:59 PM)I'm afraid to answer that question.
Doug (Illinois)During Wainwright's last two regular season starts, he gave up 10 hits in 16 innings without allowing a run. Are we grasping at straws here that there is something wrong with his elbow? He hasn't had a solid outing this postseason, but is there something mechanically that I'm missing that eludes to elbow pain or fatigue?David Schoenfield&&(3:03 PM)Other than Wainwright saying he's pitched in some discomfort? But, you're right, fastball velocity not really down these two starts. Was down his final regular season start a bit. But he's throwing FEWER fastballs. Just 26 his last start, lowest percentage of the season. So possibly throwing fewer fastballs because of the sore elbow.
Dan (KC)If Moustakas keeps this up for the rest of the playoffs, how do we assess his career at this point in time? Most of the year everybody was calling him a bust, and I'll admit that even as an optimistic Royals fan, I was losing hope.David Schoenfield&&(3:03 PM)I don't think a hot 2-3 weeks says anything. Doesn't mean he's suddenly going to turn into George Brett next year. But flags fly forever!
(Memphis)Please tell Perry in Monterey that Busch is hardly a "bandbox." It typically grades as neutral to a slight pitcher's park - though not to the level of AT&T - but is hardly a hitter's dream. costa (Ri)Molina but lets live in the nowTarek (NYC)Posey.... Didn't even think twice.Bruce Bochy (AT)Am I going to the Hall of Fame?David Schoenfield&&(3:04 PM)Probably. Hall of Fame is pretty generous in electing managers and you've won two titles.
Nick (Bristol, TN)Crazy how so many good managers like Gardenhire, Mauch, Frey, and countless others never won a World Series, but Bob Brenly did.hanna
(ny)was having a debate with friends trying to tell them that baseball is the best. all the proof we need
there are so many ways to win a chess match! I always think nothing can beat last night's game and then Matt Adams hits another homer or cricual runs are scored on a wild pitch or there is an incredible defensive play.David Schoenfield&&(3:05 PM)Agreed! I didn't think we could top that A's-Royals game but then we might have with that Giants-Cardinals game.
David Schoenfield&&(3:05 PM)OK, have to take the dog out! Send in your final thoughts for the day ...
Harry Caray (Happy Hour in the Sky )If if's and but's were candy and nuts, every day would be Christmas! Now that should make you feel better, Dave!Brent
(Detroit)My prediction is kansas city in wins ALCS in 5 and World series in 6Nick (Bristol, TN)Bochy's helmet should be in the Hall of FameAA (one blue jays way)Cito GAston going into Hall!! niceDavid Schoenfield&&(3:07 PM)More titles than a lot of Hall of Fame managers!
Nick (Bristol, TN)BRING BACK NICK BLACKBURN!Adam (NY) [via mobile]it seemed like only a few months ago a bay area world series was all but a lock. then the dodgers and angels got hot and it seemed like it wud be a freeway series. in the final month the orioles and nationals got hot and they became the world series favorites. and now it looks like well hav the cardinals and royals which is a matchup that...doesnt even hav a nicknameDavid Schoenfield&&(3:08 PM)Isn't that the I-85 World Series?
Mike (Wyoming)Predictions for today?David Schoenfield&&(3:09 PM)I'll go Giants 5-3 and Orioles 5-2.
Dirk (Iowa)I-70 connects KC and StLDavid Schoenfield&&(3:10 PM)Ahh, right, wrong freeway! I need to hone up on my Missouri road maps.
(Memphis)Favorable pitching matchups help Cards take a 3-1 series lead, then they somehow stumbling win back home after an ailing Wainwright turns in another rough outing in game 5. Molina returns for the World Series. Nick (Bristol, TN)If it is the Royals and Cards in the WS, FOX needs to bring back Al Michaels, Tim McCarver and Jim Palmer in those Smurf blue ABC jacketsDavid Schoenfield&&(3:11 PM)OK, thanks everyone! Enjoy your baseball!
to add a comment, subject to Facebook's
and . Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. .

我要回帖

更多关于 david bowie 的文章

随机推荐